Lessonly Reviews

About Lessonly

Lessonly by Seismic is a cloud-based learning management system that allows users to build, share and track training materials and activity from a singular interface. It is primarily used by customer service teams, sales teams,...

4.8

Browse Lessonly Reviews

Tom
Tom
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/02/2023

Lessonly Is The Best Training Management Software

Lessonly has been a great experience for our company and we continue to use it. It has allowed our employees to learn more about the recruiting industry and it is easy to access all the lessons that you have been given.

Pros

It allows you to easily access and complete assignments fast and it has a great design and an excellent support system.

Cons

I can't think of anything as I am just a user listening to lessons

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 16/05/2019

The Goldilocks of LMS Software

Before committing to Lessonly, I looked into quite a few LMS solutions. I found this to be the perfect middle ground in terms of price and features. It's really suited for a smallish (under 50 employees company), though I believe they have other plans for larger businesses or teams. Beyond just features, I couldn't be happier with their support. I never found their sales team be pushy which is always a wonderful bonus. They also have quite a few meetup events with company reps which I'm a big fan of.

Pros

-From the pitch to implementation, their support was fantastic. They really helped to make sure this would suit our needs and after signing the contract, they followed up to set up a few meetings to make sure we fully understood how to use it to its full capacity.

-It's extremely straightforward and easy to use for both administrators and learners. It was so simple I felt like I was missing something, but they assured me that wasn't the case :)

-It offers a lot of information and lessons on how to actually train and improve your training process at no additional cost. This has proven to be a really invaluable resource and has improved our training program and saved time in developing it.

-I love that it integrates with Zendesk.

Cons

-I wish it allowed for some more customization or formatting variation.

-Though you can easily embed videos, you can't host them through Lessonly. We knew this going in so it obviously wasn't a dealbreaker, but it would be nice.

-As an administrator, I really wish it was possible to create a grading key. I find I create a lot more multiple choice quizzes because it's just too hard to grade written answers.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/12/2017

Simple, basic LMS.

It was a simple, easy way for us to scale learning for our quickly growing organization. That being said, it feels like we grew faster than Lessonly was able to keep up with, so now we're looking for a more robust LMS that will provide more flexibility as we become more sophisticated in how we're approaching education as a company.

Pros

The interface is clean, and lessons are relatively easy to create. Because it has such a minimalist design, there were very little extra work needed to make it look nice and enticing for our team to use.

Cons

They've only just now begun to add support for SCORM, relying solely on their built in editor for awhile. The customer support team is responsive, but very few changes or updates seem to be made from user feedback. It also felt as though substantial updates to the app were few and far between. This was disappointing, to say the least.

Top Lessonly Alternatives

Raine Leonard
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 11/11/2023

Lessonly usability

Pros

The thing that I really like about lessonly is how the lessons are arranged

Cons

The thing that I disliked in lessonly is the text or font sizes

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

Lessonly is amazing

Pros

I like how welcoming and friendly lessonly is to use. It's easy to dive in and experiment with modules without feeling overwhelmed by customizations. It's easy to see what you've created, give profiles to authors and reviewers, and stay organized with a massive staff roster.

Cons

Specifically user management can be tricky. Depending on how you import or create users, sometimes after an inactive period, access is archived to free up a license which can create frustration during times of company wide learning.

Kelly
Kelly

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

LLamazing

We have had a wonderful overall experience with Lessonly. Our implementation team has been wonderful, supportive and helpful.

Pros

Lessonly is so very user friendly and easy to navigate. It does not take a lot of product knowledge to be able to create a lesson, which makes it ideal when you have a large amount of content that you need to get added.

Cons

I would love to see some sort of integration with Teams and Knowledge. If someone were to ask a question in Teams it would be great if a lesson or content could be suggested!

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Amazing product for employees!

Training new hires and tenured employees. Testing employee company/product knowledge.

Pros

I use this product for all my new hires and sometimes tenured employees for additional training. The ability to built lessons within different paths is perfect for staying organized and making many different trainings to use continuously. I love that I am able to track my employee's progress within each path too, as well as the ability to test them on their knowledge.

Cons

The technical aspects of moving lessons from path to path is a bit long and could be made easier, maybe a couple of shortcuts could be made to make it a quicker process.

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Lessonly is a Lifesaver

I am a sales manager and I use Lessonly almost every day. I build lessons to review sales best practices and to test their knowledge. I also use the video recording feature for the reps to record their elevator pitches or any role playing scenarios.

Pros

-Ability to make lessons to review best practices
-Video recording for sales pitches
-Quizzes and test over sales training
-Continued training

Cons

Needs to fix a couple of bugs with copy and paste feature, but other than that it is great!

Jomasel

Reviewed on 12/12/2023

Lessonly - trained to be equipped!

Lessonly gets to trained everyone who uses it by providing quality demo, easy navigation, detailes execution and complete equipment or data needed to success. Great job indeed.

Pros

Lessonly is helpful during with our every weekly updates and training courses. Very documented and helps us to fully equipped ourselves before the going on live during the said training phase.

Cons

None as of now, did not encounter an issue at all.

jonnylou
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 14/11/2023

Lessonly review

Overall is good since all knowledge from lessonly can apply with the actual calls

Pros

You can see if you have incomplete assignments.

Cons

Sometime there is an error when i try to answer some of the lesson

Maija
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/02/2020

Good concept, not so useful for managing large numbers of learners

Pros

I like that Lessonly allows our company to create custom training modules that can be sent out to our network.

Cons

I wish that Lessonly had more user-friendly reporting of completed assignments. Our team monitors completions by regions, with different managers being responsible for learners in different areas of the country, yet there is not a convenient way of sorting completions by location on the platform - one must manually enter the location for each user, then download the reports as a spreadsheet in order to sort by the location field. Sending invitations is also far too manual of a process - needing to type in the name of each learner (as opposed to being able to auto-invite by location or date added) is tedious and can be problematic when two users have the same name but only one needs to be sent an invitation. There's no additional information, such as email address, available in the invite flow to easily differentiate users. Also, many of our learners have reported that the navigation of lessons is not the most convenient. When reviewing previously completed modules, the navigation menu is limited, forcing them to click through numerous pages in order to get to the one they wish to review. As an admin, I also found the chat box that pops up in the corner every time I visit the site to be annoying, with no option to permanently disable it.

Trav
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 05/02/2021

Great platform and great people!

I love Lessonly. I'd like to see improvements to the gradebook and have pre-made content available, but neither of these things are dealbreakers. The LlamaNation community is a huge "pro" and one of the biggest differentiators between Lessonly and other LMS platforms. I am proud to be a llama! I highly recommend Lessonly to anyone looking for an intuitive LMS for creating custom content.

Pros

Lessonly's platform is super easy to use to create custom, engaging L&D content. And if you ever get stuck, they have fantastic employees ready to help and a customer community for additional support.

Cons

The ONLY downside to Lessonly is that everything must be created. There is no (to my knowledge) out of the box content. Lessonly should hire us to create that for them!

Olivia
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Super user friendly

We launched a new training program with Lessonly. Their onboarding with us was excellent - super supportive and patient with our long decision making process. Their customer support is super responsive and great to work with.

Pros

Really easy to build lessons without a lot of technical know-how. It is quick to get content in, publish, and assign out to users.
The interface is very clean and self-explanatory to use.

Cons

Some of their texts options are limited (colours, sizing).
You can't copy and paste whole sections of content from one course to another easily.

Keenan

Reviewed on 14/11/2016

Easy to use with a great support team.

We looked at a few tools to help us provide better training to our new hires and existing employees. None were as easy to use and nicely designed as Lessonly. The user experience is our main priority, and that's where Lessonly has a huge leg up over their competition.

There are some features we'd like to have, and we've had an opportunity to share our feedback during the entire sales/onboarding process. We even had a chance to share feedback directly with members of their leadership team. Everyone has been friendly, responsive, and seem to genuinely care about our overall experience.

Their customer support has been top-notch as well. Extremely helpful and speedy in their replies. Recently, a bug I submitted was fixed within hours, with a nice follow up email to confirm. So where certain features lack, they make up for in a great experience. I feel like I can trust them to keep improving their software.

Pros

UI/UX design. Customer service.

Cons

Would love a more intuitive experience navigating around the gradebook or managing existing lessons.

PDF export of grade data is also something we'd love to see.

Andrea

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

Love Lessonly!

Pros

We love using this for our learning platform. It’s simple & employees like the ease of use

Cons

Some of the applications aren’t very user friendly

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Solid tool for training your employees

Pros

It's a nice tool that lets you set up learning tools for your end users to use and go over learn from.
I set up a whole IT course for new users to do as part of their onboarding process. We also use in conjunction with our broader company-wide onboarding set up

Cons

the only thing I can think of could use a little work on is the user management, i think it could be a little better and easier to add users and as well as remove them too.

Nicole

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Fantastic Learning Management System

I've been using Lesson.ly for a year and a half and I've had an incredibly positive experience. The platform itself is simple to use and the team behind it has been fantastic.

Pros

Simplistic to use

Cons

Could use a more robust reporting tool on the front end

Heather

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

Lessonly is a wonderful teaching tool!

Pros

Lessonly has a fantastic search tool to be able to reference specific lessons by keywords.

Cons

When you share lessons with team members via email, the lessons don't always make it to the team member or they end up out of order.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

A learning management tool that will never let you down.

We use Lessonly for our training for internal employees. Lessonly has lately been our go-to tool for all our learning needs.

Pros

The beauty of this tool is, the ease of creating the courses.
Integration with third party software like Slack and Salesforce is good.

Cons

I experienced few formatting issues initially and over a period of time I learnt how it solve it.

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

Great way to organize training

Pros

Easy to set up lessons, training courses, and user groups to make sure everyone is getting the best training for what they need, and nothing that is irrelevant. Easy to embed videos and training slides.

Cons

Trainings and quizzes lack a lot of customization functionality, but it's not a deal breaker by any means.

Kashif
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Great Team at Lesson.ly

Lesson.ly has great customer service! Prompt and individualized service. Completely changed how we train our staff.

Pros

Very easy to use.

Cons

Reporting.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/09/2021

Lessonly a leader to enhance knowledge base

Pros

Learning data base is quite useful as it offers vivid options with check your knowledge questions so that you can cross validate the knowledge

Cons

Some tech. Glitch I'm facing these days but it's not a big deal

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Lessonly was great during training at my new job!

Overall, Lessonly has been great! Would definitely recommend for any type of training

Pros

Lessonly was a great tool for training/onboarding in my current role. Since we are work from home, it was hard to have quizzes or lesson overviews with our group. Lessonly made it super easy. You could just go in and answer directly on your computer and you could see your responses after you submit for when you review the answers with the group.

Cons

There were a few glitches connecting the screen record and the audio record at times (I know a few people had these issues multiple times). I am not sure if it is because we use macs, but I had to restart my computer/chrome a couple times but then I eventually got it to work.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Lessonly Review

Lessonly is a great tool for teachings and trainings, and these can be made quickly and easily.

Pros

Lessonly is a great tool to use for trainings, when you are unable to do an in person training. You can customize with photos and quizzes to make the trainings more fun and pleasing to the eye

Cons

The site can be a little slow at times, but there aren’t too many downsides other than that.

Annie

Reviewed on 29/11/2016

Lesson.ly is an awesomely cohesive product!

From a creation standpoint, Lessonly had been incredible easy to use and allows me to integrate creativity into my lessons. I have fun creating the lesson and enjoy receiving feedback from my colleagues. From a learners standpoint, I appreciate Lessonly because it allows for a different kind of learning experience. It also allows me to take my time and really absorb the information. I love that there is learning center Dashboard that I can access at any time. Lessonly has been a wonderful addition to my company and I would definitely recommend this product.

Pros

The speed and functionality

Cons

The limitations in overall script formatting.