About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control is cloud-based operations management solution that allows technicians to perform remote support, gain remote access and run remote meetings. It acts as a meeting point for technicians and customers, enabling...

Browse ConnectWise Control Reviews

1,748 of 1,743 reviews
Jonathan N.

Reviewed on 31/08/2021

A lot of value for dollar with ConnectWise Control

Overall ConnectWise Control has been easy to deploy and use. Initially we were hesitant to add our servers to a remote support tool like ConnectWise Control or TeamViewer, but this tool has made remote server administration much simpler.

Pros

ConnectWise Control has a great web view that allows us to quickly find the computer/server we're looking for. We can run standard command line and PowerShell commands through the web interface to quickly gather information or troubleshoot a user's computer without impacting the user experience. The screen share is very fast and reliable and often preferred over Remote Desktop sessions. It's also very nice to be able to switch between user sessions on the computer, like when interacting with a Remote Desktop server and needing to assist a specific user on the Remote Desktop server.

Cons

The software doesn't fully integrate with Microsoft Endpoint Manager, the only software that does is TeamViewer.

Alfredo J.

Reviewed on 04/06/2021

Remote Tech Support Platform you can trust

My experience has been for the most part positive, and I really feel their free tier works very well and isn't annoying like other similar products. I've had small issues with older macs

Pros

My favorite features are the simple dashboard and how you can invite users to share their devices from a direct link or by sending them a short url where they type the session number (really useful when dealing with someone over the phone). I also like how the dashboard shows information about the devices such as memory usage, model, etc.

Cons

I've had issues with certain mac devices where the software has extra requirements (a specific java version, for example), which has made it more difficult to use for users. Mobile access isn't as friendly.

Roger M.

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

New User's Thoughts

Over the last 20 years, I've used all sorts of remote control software, most for a year or more. I used Log Me In when it was the preferred remote control solution at Connectwise several years ago and was very happy with that program, but I changed RMM program, and switched over to Solarwinds old Take Control, which did the job, but did not have the features that ConnectWise Control has. I've used Zoho Assist, which was inexpensive, but again lacked the features with CW Control. Also used Splashtop Remote for over a year which again was just about the same price, but without the features we have here.

Pros

I really like the ease with which I can connect with my customer's machines. Also, their command center at the top middle of the screen sometimes gets in the way but can be moved around. That Command center has some impressive tools in it, more than most, and they are very useful. From the Managed Toolbox that you can completely customize with your own tools to the help box which lets you do Google searches without leaving the application. The chat feature works as expected but could be improved. And it's affordable.

Cons

When you chat with a customer and sent the chat, it would be nice if the customer's chat window popped up on the customer's screen with your chat, instead of blinking on the Task Bar. I usually have to go to the customer's machine, click on the blinking ConnecWise Control icon to let the customer know that I have information or an answer for them.

Splashtop Business Access

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

More features essentially the same price.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

More features essentially the same price.

Top ConnectWise Control Alternatives

Reviewed on 29/11/2019

Product is one of the best I've used

Our company has been a Connectwise (ScreenConnect) client since nearly the very beginning of the company. We have enjoyed a long standing relationship and legacy pricing that is not offered to other clients.

Pros

We have access to our client's computers at one of the cheapest endpoint costs out there. Our server went down at one point for various reasons and we lost the complete configuration. We contacted technical support and they were so helpful that we ended up getting all of our client's computers checking into the server up restoring the license key. Support saved us.

Cons

When we did the restore, it didn't preserve the groups that we had segmented our clients into. We had to take alot of time to restore the configuration environment that we had set up.

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Simple, Easy to use

Initially used ConnectWise Control (Formerly ScreenConnect) for simple IT support sessions (credential resets, issues with software, etc.). Later deployed agents to network. We found this product much more superior than other alternatives available on the market such as Kaseya. Sessions with speedy, and tools were easy to use like viewing one monitor individually, or performing maintenance discretely in open office environments. Allowed for support sessions to be performed remotely by staff extending the teams' effectiveness even in inclimate weather or times when IT staff worked remotely.

Pros

Formerly Screenconnect, Connectwise Control is an easy to use remote software that gives IT professionals all the necessary support session tools to easily perform remote IT sessions with end users.
- Includes chat messaging
- Includes options to view services, logs, and processes
- Allows technician to blackout monitor / block keyboard presses during session
- Allows for easy facilitation of temporary remote sessions by non-technical staff
- Easy facilitation to give "passes" (timed access) to end-users and technical support staff
- Allows for basic scripting options for alerting and webhooks
- 2FA Authentication enabled

Cons

- Difficult initially to setup department groups of computers,
- Not a lot of documentation on setting up webhook scripting,
- Database maintenance can be tedious
- Outside basic functionality (which is all you need), selective and limited add-on options and integrations (compared to other product Automate [labtech])
- Uses Java over HTML5 only.

Zoho Desk

Reasons for Choosing ConnectWise Control

Connectwise offered superior features and a better implementation of remote control services vis-a-vis Java than older models like Kaseya which used and installed VNC on workstations.

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

Connectwise's product is just enough what you need for facilitating remote sessions without much of the overhead of complicated help desk CRM setup. With Control, login, generate a link, open the link on the target PC, and the agent installed and registers easily. Agents (MSI) should also be available to deploy via Group Policy as well.
John D.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 03/07/2019

Best value out there in remote support

We're a small company so when one of their competitors had a major price increase, I started looking for an alternative. So glad I found ConnectWise Control! We're a small company and dont have the need for constant concurrent connection so paying thousands of dollars for that functionality didnt make sense. Service has been reliable, easy tio set up and most importantly, easy or my clients to use and connect.

Pros

Easy to use. Reliable. great dashboard.

Cons

It does everything I need and surprises me with things I didnt know I needed!

Astronomical price increase

LogMeIn Pro

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

Connect has the right prices for what we needed to do with the software. Other options just didn't cater to our small needs.
Josh M.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

A great solution for a one-man-shop

It just works. It's super-ridiculously reliable. By that I mean, I've used MANY other remote support software solutions over the years, and while this one might not have the perfect clarity of an upscaled resolution, it has yet to fail me on a connection. I deploy them via MSI, occasionally update them from the admin interface, and ... thats it! It just works!

Pros

Compatibility, deployment (MSI package), and customization (can configure the server with addons, that in turn help you configure the client much faster than other solutions I've tried). AUTOMATIC NAME UPDATING. This was HUGE for me! This was the main reason I moved away from GoToAssist. I worked with GoToAssist support multiple times, but they couldn't help me get anything in place to do this. Essentially, if a PC name changed, the GoToAssist Server kept it's name listed as the "old name" - this lead to tremendous amounts of confusion for me and made it almost impossible to know which computers needed updating and which were already the correct name, simply connecting to support a user was an issue after just a few computer moves. Deploying software to 50-some machines might not be as large a task as other companies out there with 500+ machines, but as a one man shop, keeping those machines updated to ensure versions match, and names of the PC's are kept intact when users retire and new folks come on board is a HUGE time saver and stress relief after swapping to ConnectWise Control.

Cons

Poor screen scaling (when compared to a competitor like TeamViewer), slow multi-monitor (becomes a sluggish because it seems to want to stream all screens at once, even if only one is selected), and ambiguous information as to whether another third party who also uses the software has left theirs installed / potentially could cause exploitation and already causes confusion.

Scaling:
If I connect to a machine with no other users on it, I believe I should have the option (via the "join w/options" link, perhaps) to change the connection to match my resolution (similar to how Microsoft's own Remote Desktop or TeamViewer do)

Additionally, even if it's unable to match my connecting resolution, If the built-in scaling were better (I.E. - if there was a feature that introduced some good hardware accelerated anti-aliasing), the daily use of this software would be greatly improved.

Multi-Monitor Sluggish:
I've seen this with some other remote connection software - even the more legacy VNC protocol suffers from it, but it is avoidable because not all have this issue. I think the software needs to only stream updates to the primary selected monitor - or at least have an option to enable that, because delays become a huge problem when navigating things like complex databases or even simple excel sheets when there's a full-second delay. This does not happen on single monitor connections right now, it becomes noticable on dual-monitor, and on triple monitor it's very obvious.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Easy, Fast, Reliable, Robust - Not much more I could ask for.

Overall, we're very happy with the purchase and performance and would recommend the product to anyone. It's fast, reliable, easy to use, competitively priced and their support has been great to work with the few times we've reached out.

Pros

I love how quickly I can navigate my inventory, how quickly machines show up once the agent is installed, how quickly a connection is established, and how robust the suite of tools are that I have to interact with the endpoint. File transfers are simple and intuitive (no digging around wondering where the file landed), and the connection doesn't take up a ton of bandwidth so even users in areas with poor internet can still get the help they need.

It's also extremely fast and easy to update the agent on the endpoints.

Cons

I can't RDP connect, only VNC. Sometimes it would be very helpful to connect to the machine without unlocking the screen to the end user. This seems like a basic feature that is standard on many other remote support tools but isn't built into Screen Connect. This is probably the most important feature request I have made.

I wish there was an option to make the chat more "attention-getting" as most users simply don't notice when I start chatting with them if they're not expecting it. I have to call the user to begin their support.

I haven't seen a remote lock (make the HDD inaccessible) or kill feature (wipe the drive after its been stolen and is unrecoverable). This would be a huge help as well.

There have been bugs with "Cloud Administrator" printers getting installed on endpoints that stay there after the connection closes. It's a bug from a previous build that hasn't fully been fixed yet.

Some of the vernacular isn't easily understood (for example, "End" removes the endpoint from the console instead of just ending a session that might be stuck open). If you read through the explanation that's included with each option, it becomes clear but it seems like a poor word choice.

Sometimes the connection gets finicky and takes a minute to reconnect if the user logs out of their windows profile. Thankfully the connection is maintained, but its a bit clunky.

Craig J.

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

Excellant Software for IT Support

I remotely help home users and business clients daily. It is fast, responsive and kind of fun to use. The toolbox and file transfer feature is awesome..

Pros

Ease of use for both the IT provider and he client. Really easy to setup and configure. Provides a nice customized link for the customer to go to get the support software and install it. Monitoring of the clients computers is very well thought out and extremely easy to find the customer I need to connect to.

Cons

I honestly have no Cons at this time. I've been extremely happy with the software. I switched to ConnectWise after using of the competitors software. Pricing for ConnectWise is better and the setup part for the customer to obtain the download for assistance is far better.

Antonio R.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Best remote control software out there, period!

We used Log Me In Rescue for years, paying $500+ a month. We've used TeamViewer, gotomeeting, join.me and Splashtop. We switched to ScreenConnect over 5 years ago and never looked back. The licensing model allowed us to pay once for a number of concurrent connections without having to worry about the number of techs we have. With this licensing model we can pay for upgrades every few years and still save many times over from what we used to pay for Log Me In Rescue. We run the server on our own hardware, having complete control over who has access to it and from where. When ConnectWise took over the product and renamed it to Control we had no issues. They've continued developing it rapidly.

Pros

You can buy a license forever. Easy to install/update the server component. Easy to train new users. Easy to deploy to customers. Has every feature we'd ever want: recording sessions, copy/paste into remote window, unattended access, flexible security settings for different levels of employees, works through UAC prompts (unlike gotomeeting), transfer files/directories to/from remote machine, toolbox to run common executables with one click. Has an API to build additions (we've never had to but it's nice to know we can.)

Cons

We were nervous when ConnectWise bought this company (previously ScreenConnect) because they were known for "rent only" products but for now they've kept the option to buy licenses to own. The possibility that one day they could change the licensing model to rent only is the only thing I dislike about using the software.

Rory B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Connectwise Control

Support is great and the product overall rarely causes us problems. We've been using it daily since 2012 and to be honest, even if it price doubled we would continue to stick with the product.

Pros

We have been a screen connect/Connectwise Control user since 2012, a brilliant piece of software and pricing is very competitive.

It's quick and supports a large number of clients.

Cons

Not really much not to like, other than they no longer offer self-hosted plans, but fortunately we are grandfathered in.

Jon F.

Reviewed on 08/02/2021

So far so good

It has been solid for about 2 years. As remote support has grown, I’ve felt comfortable growing with ConnectWise Control.

Pros

Toolbox
User chat
Quality for weaker internet
Reliability
Wake on LAN

Cons

Mac version isn’t as robust as the PC
Unable to edit server Toolbox on Mac
Wake on LAN doesn’t always work

SolarWinds Service Desk

Price and scaleability

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

The web interface was easier to work with. TeamViewer didn’t even come close in my opinion. There are far better features in CW Control
Jerry P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 11/05/2021

Connectwise Control is Fantastic!! Definitely a recommended product!

we have been very happy with screenconnect and only see it getting better.

Pros

its ability to remotely connect really easy, this remote method works incredibly well.its fast too,unlike logmein or gotomeeting which can be very clunky and too busy with unnecessary controls. i love the feature of sending files and even folderswithout having to zip it.

Cons

i dont have any cons to report, all functionality seems to be spot on consistent with all of our workflows and seemlessly integrated with our work model.

Thomas B.

Reviewed on 19/06/2019

very full featured

remote control. Half my workforce is remote, and half of the remaining 50% travel often. This tool is invaluable in fixing issues that arise when I do not have physical presence to my users.

Pros

Has chat to let you talk to users. can execute commands remotely without affecting users, stays persistent even after reboot of client, has console with all possible connection listed, has old style too, of not installing agent but going to a web link and putting in a code to connect, as well as client distribution for instant access.

Cons

I know they are fixing bug and enhancing security, but the volume of updates is somewhat daunting when the clients do not update themselves automatically. Updates would be a lot easier of they would push them or at least give you the option to have it push updates to say 50 users at a time.

Quentin L.

Reviewed on 12/10/2018

Incredibly fast and reliable Remote Control solution

This solution is fantastic for an MSP such as myself that needs to provide support to clients. The ability to start an ad-hoc session easily or have a persistent remote session option available to fit the situation works as it should. I keep repeating myself, but the speed and simplicity of using this product is fantastic. I'm also pretty happy with the pace of innovation and new features that they continue to add to the product.

Pros

The speed of the product and the ease of implementation.

Cons

The licensing model has changed over the years and it seems to be more limited in the ways that you can buy and use it now if you are not a ConnectWise partner. At least the last time I checked. I am a ConnectWise partner so I have 100% of the functionality that I want. I haven't tried their remote printing feature in well over a year, but that is the only aspect of this software that ever disappointed. It was never something that I really wanted or needed myself, but since I allow some of my clients to use my Control instance to access their own machines from home I did try to get it working a while back. It was pretty inconsistent at that time and I have not gone back to see if it works better or not in the latest versions.

Jonathan O.

Reviewed on 09/01/2019

Better value alternative Remote Access software

Pros

That despite the limitation below, it is much more affordable than competitors, and once successfully connected to your client's agent, it works magnificently.

Cons

1) That there is no Access software, that to connect to a client's agent you have to open a web browser, go to your screenconnect site, log in, and then when you connect to a client you have to run a little executable, every time, one of several different methods that sometimes don't work.
2) Some times, but enough times to be a real issue, once connected you just get a black screen. If the client is at their computer they report that they can see you moving the mouse, pressing the Windows key (for Start menu), but you can't see anything. So still need to have competitor software running (in 5 minute unlicensed mode) so you can gain remote access at all.
3) Licensing value is better and fairer than others, but could still be fairer. The jump from 1 to 3 sessions is a bit steep, when competitors let you have unlimited sessions in the base price, and the fact that you can't connect to clients from both your desktop and laptop simultaneously, even if only trying to connect to one session from each with a 3 session Standard license - well - without doubling the license cost! (Again, when competetors let you do this).

Joey E.
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 11/01/2019

ConnectWise Control

We needed a product that was easy to deploy that would allow us to remotely connect to and mange our outer offices.

I've used all the big remote control programs starting with pcAnywhere back in 2005 to Logmein, Bomgar, gotomyPC, VNC,etc... Control is the fastest out of them all. It has a robust tool set with the ability to store my own custom tools. With the msi installer, I have Control tied to our domain group policy. When a new computer is joined to our domain, it automatically gets Control installed. I have used both the on-premises and cloud versions of Control and I have been extremely happy with both. It has been easy to maintain, update, and administer.

Pros

The ablility to run commands on multiple machines at once.
Example, after updating a group policy item, I want to immediately push it out. I can select all the computers in my organization and then choose "Run Command". I enter, "gpupdate /force" and all the computers then get the updated GPO.

The new View add-in is an absolute godsend. When you have a remote office and you need to see and hear what's going on, this is a lifesaver.

Cons

I wish it gave more information about the computers sometimes.
Like:
private IP address
make/model of the pc

John T.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

Solid remote access platform

We were an onsite customer deployed in cloud based Linux instance, then moved to Windows self-hosted, then cloud. Also tried other more complete RMM solutions but came back to SC.

Pros

Simple to use remote access platform. Great performance. Doesn't have lots of options, but does remote access very well.

Cons

Lack of monitoring and alert tools. Would like to see some simple ping probe capabilities and other network testing to alert on other devices on the customer network.

James B.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 02/07/2019

Great screen-share across the board

I love use ConnectWise in general, and Control in particular. They desperately need to up their Mac game to work in dual deployment environments.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Ability to share links with end users directly
- Unlimited asset installs for easy remoting in
- Works across windows and mac
- Power tools to drop in applications, share files, run scripts

Cons

- There is a huge issue where the Mac client doesn't work consistently, this is the largest problem with the software
- The Mac process in general of allowing control can be convoluted for end users

LogMeIn Rescue and TeamViewer

Reasons for Switching to ConnectWise Control

Better feature set, easier remoting in options. Lower price point if you don't need the extras.
Mike G.

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Old Timer's 2 Cents Worth

I spent the last ten years of my career working from a comfortable home office for clients in Boston, New York, Idaho, Atlanta, Kentucky, Indiana, and my home town of Louisville, KY. While they were busy doing construction of all 5 bridges across the Ohio river over several years, I walked downstairs to work each day while my fellow office dwellers spent upwards of an hour or two daily sitting in traffic and paying for parking and tolls. Thank you, ConnectWise.

Pros

This product has come a long way since I bought my first one-time "forever" license of ScreenConnect. I had tried them all. This one was fast and stayed connected even on slow dial-up connections. I eventually was forced onto their web platform. It's actually better than the stand-alone product. I have not needed their live support for some time, but it has always been good when I did call them.

Cons

Terminology is confusing and sometimes over my head. Am I the "guest" or the "host"? I can never find my administrator's login screen. I have two accounts and the phantom one I suspect, gets in the way of my accounting. Wish I could go back to buying a license instead of the never ending subscriptions.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Love your product.

Pros

Functionality, it just works. I love that it even survives OS upgrades.

Cons

The mobile client could use a facelift.

Your software is better.

William A.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

Simple and efficient remote connection

We have several years working with Connect Wise and really align up our needs and even better cost than competition. The use of applications is intuitive and easy. We will continue with them for many more years

Pros

hat we like most is the easy and efficient way to remotely connect to a team. and the many functions or customizations that can be done to improve the experience of use

Cons

It seems to me that the web interface is still better a little more, it is not something that represents a great inconvenience since it does not remove it from the tool.

Reviewed on 26/05/2018

We have had nothing but success while using ConnectWise Control on a daily basis.

We have been able to remotely solve many issues - saving a trip to the client location(s).

Pros

We find that it is much faster and far more convenient than typical RDP and other remote solutions that we have tried. Of the features we find to be the most useful is the file transfer feature (including the built-in toolbox), and the behind the scenes command prompt feature. We use the command prompt feature all the time as to not disturb the user while modifying the system. We support over 500 seats across 25+ customers at multiple sites and the software works great. We have the client installed on Windows, Linix, and Mac OS systems. We counton this software to avoid costly site visits, and it has never let us down.

Cons

There isn't much to negatively say about this software. We run this software on a self-hosted server rather than cloud hosted by the vendor. As such, we are responsible for updating on our own. We had run into a few hiccups in the past when upgrading the software on the server, however, even with the issues, support was able to help us remedy.

Clay K.

Reviewed on 01/02/2021

ConnectWise Control

Pros

By far the best aspect of this application is the ease of use. I have used multiple remote access platforms and none compare ConnectWise control.

Cons

I wish that it always showed the last user that was logged into the machine. Sometimes it won't show a user is logged in and we cannot search by the name. I can always find the user's machine name and search it that way, but it adds an unnecessary step.

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Best Remote Support Software I have used

Teamviewer was expensive and it was a hassle to login and access sessions, and Connectwise was an easy switch and much better overall experience.

Pros

The download is quick, the software is fast and responsive, and it takes seconds to login to a computer and be helping a user.

Cons

When doing temporary support, you cannot see the popup for UAC login, which can be of annoyance when supporting users who are under domain control. However, if you install the client you can see the UAC prompt.