About BambooHR

BambooHR is an award-winning HR platform that helps your growing organizations automate, centralize, and connect your people data all in one place. It gives you a one-stop shop to: - Manage employee data and gather valuable...

Browse BambooHR Reviews

2,268 of 2,269 reviews
Carlos
  • Industry: Import & Export

Reviewed on 04/01/2023

ATS par excellence

Nice, our employees communicate through this app.

Pros

It has a free trial, really complete and has many useful functions for human resource management.Beautiful and easy to use interface.

Cons

It has limitations with time controls, an improvement would be nice.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Saved my days!!!

It has been great. Implementation was a breeze. It has saved me so many hours I have stopped counting. It made my job so much easier. The support is top-notch. I have yet to have a question go unsolved.

Pros

It is so easy to use. From the admin and user perspectives. I have an older workforce that does not usually embrace new tech but they are utilizing BambooHR with no issues.

Cons

Would love to be able to turn off the mobile app for certain employees (who abuse it) and/or add geofencing to only allow clocking on/out within a location. I would like a page selection at the top of the employee list page. Currently, need to scroll to the bottom to change pages when I the employee i want to access is on the second page.

Paylocity, Workday HCM and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It provided everything we needed at our budget level.
sheikh
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

User

I'm overall absolutely satisfied with this software. It has solved many problems from Payroll to Tax management. It is absolutely a recommended software from me.

Pros

Excellent Tax Management, Direct Deposits and Payroll Management and a lot of other features.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that it's a bit expensive!

Top BambooHR Alternatives

Italia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

BambooHR makes our work easier!

I overall loved the whole experience, from the introduction, sales/acquisition of the software, to the onboarding and data transfer. The Salesperson and Project Manager of our account made us feel decided about Bamboo from the very first approach. We feel candidate onboarding and administration of our personnel in the Company has become much more manageable.

Pros

What I like the most about Bamboo is that tracking PTO, benefits, and celebrations is much easier compared to other software we've used before. This unique "social network" design has made it user-friendly for our employees regardless of their age.

Cons

What I didn't love is that we couldn't find integration with LinkedIn for job postings. We had to use LinkedIn externally for recruiting.

Lattice

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We needed a more accurate / visible PTO tracking.

Zenefits

Price, features
Amy

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Excellent Solution for Non-profit Management

BambooHR has been a multifaceted solution for our organization. We cannot recommend it highly enough.

Pros

This software was so easy to launch and is straightforward for new employees to use. It combines so many useful features into one convenient portal.

Cons

Some features, like performance management and payroll, require an additional fee. We wish they were cheaper or included.

QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price point, multiple features included, and ease of use.
Francesca
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 13/12/2022

Best software I used

great

Pros

I like that it's user friendly. Easy to explain and easy to use

Cons

Probably recruitment reports are a little bit basic

Emily

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

BambooHR

I really like using BambooHR, it is easy to navigate and the employees seen to not have trouble with it either.

Pros

PTO is really easy to use and monitor, this is our online filing system. We have cut out waste. The performance review is a great tool also.

Cons

I really don't have anything off the top of my head.

GoCo

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo had a better Demo than any of them, it was flawless.
Nick

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Residential Home Builder / Remodeler

Hands down the best HRIS system since PeopleSoft.

Pros

Very easy to use. All the power of systems costing tens of thousands of dollars that require trained staff to manage the software for only about $100 per month and a few minutes per week.

Cons

Have not found any yet; everything that we use works very well

Ayush
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 15/01/2023

Simple-to-use tool with a robust HR solution

We have been able to keep performance assessment data in the past and run reports to retrieve that data over time. This solution will assist you with employee engagement, relations, onboarding, and a variety of other HR tasks that you may presently perform manually. It saves both time and money. We saved time and money since everything is well-organized and simple to utilise.

Pros

BambooHR lets workers make adjustments to their W4s and direct deposits on their own, which saves us a lot of time. The platform itself is incredibly user-friendly and visually appealing. I believe the platform's ease of use enhances the likelihood of utilisation by stakeholders across the industry. We have expedited our vacation requests, and onboardings, and had much richer talks for team assessments or objectives thanks to BambooHR. I can now do payroll in a few hours and save a lot of time. It also saves me time generating checks because most of our employees use direct deposit.

Cons

There aren't many personalization options because it's designed to be a one-size-fits-all service. The team has told me several times that the automated logout time is too short, which irritates them. This procedure has been made simpler for us by technology, but it is not fully flawless.

Shivam
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

BambooHR the last HR management tool you will Buy

Pros

BambooHR is a free, easy-to-use HR software that automates the entire process of enrolling an employee in your company. The best part about it is that you don't have to be tech savvy or understand complicated computer programs to use it. It's all about saving time and being more efficient!If you're not using BambooHR yet, give it a try today.

Cons

One of the feature I would like to recommend in this toll is to perform pseudo actions on the behalf of our seniors,Sometimes the seniors are not around and we have to complete some tasks and we are unable to complete it because we don't have that privilege at the moment.kindly look into the issue if possible

Sage HR
Danielle

Reviewed on 29/09/2020

BambooHR - 10/10 Would Recommend

Overall, it's been a really great experience as an implementer, an admin, and a user.

Pros

I advocated for BambooHR for my company as its first HRIS, and I believed it would be a major benefit to our company, and it has been. It's a major bragging right of mine that I found BambooHR at a conference, convinced my boss to sign off on it, and executed the roll-out and got most staff on-board with it as a concept. So, I like most things about BambooHR. It's intuitive for users and administrators alike. The setup was as easy as setting up a new company-wide software could be, with hands-on customer service and a robust information center. The hiring tool is phenomenal, and I have gotten so many positive comments from managers about how much easier their hiring process was with the hiring tool. I like how y ou can submit software suggestions to customer service and they take your feedback into consideration, and new features get rolled out constantly. It's just a great place to keep everything in one place and make HR more efficient, and it's a super dynamic tool.

Cons

Honestly, there's not a lot I don't like about the software. When we first got it, I would say its lack of payroll integration, but it's since integrated TRAX payroll with the software, which our accounting team is now switching to.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It had a smarter, more dynamic, and less corporate-y interface than ADP. ADP felt very old school HR, while we are not old school at all, and Bamboo just made more sense in every aspect (besides payroll, initially, until Bamboo added TRAX) for our company.
Rikki

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

Pros

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

Cons

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.
Shana

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

One of the best decisions our business has ever made

We are a school and our teachers don't want to spend a ton of time on their computers trying to find the information they are looking. BambooHR's website and app are so straightforward, our teachers picked up on everything very quickly. There are always learning curves involved any time new software and processes are released to an organization but the whole experience went much more smoothly than I ever expected.

Pros

I have gone through implementation of payroll services with four different providers over the years and BambooHR was by far the easiest process with the fewest issues. While there was work involved, their expectations were very clear and they worked with us to determine the best way to manage unique situations specific to our company. The system is very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

There are some small things here and there that we have encountered and have to work around, but customer services is always very responsive and help us find a solution. We have made suggestions to BambooHR's feedback team and they have already implemented some changes to help with some of these issues. They are always making improvements and additions to their products.

Krista
  • Industry: Food Production

Great HR software

My experience has been great. Without BambooHR I would be buried in paper files. I love having data in one location, it makes it easy to assist employees. Not only that but it adds a self service component for employees. They can update their personal information without needing HR or payroll services. BambooHR implements change on an on-going basis, they rollout a 30/30 video that shows what has changed and what is coming. Our team is excited to see what is coming next.

Pros

BambooHR is user friendly, everything flows, and makes sense. If you get stuck you can go to the help center, chat with someone, or pick up the phone. The mobile app allows employees to upload pictures of work notes and HR is notified when they do so. This has SAVED us during the pandemic.

Cons

HIRING- I would love to see an integrated calendar within hiring. Currently, if you schedule an appointment you also need to add to your outlook calendar.
REPORTS- I would love to see an alphabetize by last name option with all reporting. Most HR and payroll work alphabetically.

Paycom and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

It was affordable, user friendly, and had so many features we needed.
Liana
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 14/07/2017

Easy to use system that allows central tracking and reporting of most employee information.

BambooHR has been really helpful in storing and reporting on employee information, giving employees access to view their benefit and personal information, and I can't rave enough about the Applicant Tracking feature. As a one person HR department, BambooHR has allowed me to become a strong, communicative and organized recruiter in the midst of the million other things I do. As I learn more about email alerts and forms, I'm finding more and more ways for BambooHR to support and automate processes that otherwise take up a lot of time and paper. I love that you constantly seek, and act on, customer feedback to make continuous improvements that are relevant to improving our day to day operations. I love that you are responsive to questions and patiently provide guidance and instruction on how to use features. I don't feel like I've purchased this software, and fell into a black hole. The Bamboo team is accessible and supportive, welcoming questions and feedback. I look forward to learning more about how I can use BabmooHR's current features, as well as waiting to see what new features and updates you'll roll out next. Happy Bamboo-ing indeed!

Pros

BambooHR's customer support is second to none. How they find such cheerful, helpful people, I don't know. They are happy to work with you to help you get the most out of the system. The system is user friendly and can be customized in a lot of ways. You can report on any information in the system, with easy to use standard reports, or you can create your own. They constantly add features and make improvements based on customer feedback. In some cases, they can make requested changes immediately. But they really seem to listen to what you want, and work to get there. Employees can see and request updates to their information, as well as complete & submit forms electronically. I'm able to create approval workflows to support many request processes, allowing us to become more automated and maintain files electronically, which we can then report on. I love the applicant tracking system. I think it's the strongest feature they have, allowing collaboration with hiring managers, as well as communication with candidates. It's helped me manage and improve our recruitment process with the click of a button. All candidate records are maintained in one place, and can be seamlessly on-boarded.

Cons

It is only as good as the data you enter, and does not currently integrate with the other systems we use. So, it requires constant data maintenance to keep employee information up to date, for effective reporting. There's no seamless automation for benefit enrollment. The time off system is easy to use, but does not currently show enough detail to be useful for our needs. I hope that BambooHR will focus on automating the integration of information from other systems, and provide a simpler update of benefit plan information at year end.

Claire
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 23/02/2022

Great HRIS for medium-size businesses, easy to implement, configure, maintain (and it's cute)

I love the look and feel, the easiness of use, the availability of the support team, the easiness to create and delete custom fields, the support documentation which is easy to navigate and includes a lot of how-to videos. They really allow their customers to become autonomous and even proficient with their tool.

Pros

Very structured and helpful implementation, and very responsive support.
Love the ability to request custom fields to be created, including calculations.
Great standard, out-of-the-box reports, like Additions & terminations over a period of time, Headcount as of a certain date, Employee Turnover (that one was a lifesaver when it was realeased, much better than what we were doing internally so far!), Change History over a period of time for job-related changes.
I also love the fact that they are intentional in their product development: even though they request and collect product feedback, they want their product to remain coherent, i.e. they know what makes sense for them to propose as features vs. not (and recommend one of their specialized integrated partners if not), so that their tool always remains simple, legible, etc.
And I like their Panda mascot and in-navigation messages, down to humanizing error messages.

Cons

It will be pretty minor details, part of which will simply have to do with their client size positioning. As we were growing, I encountered director-level newcomers in our HR department who were used to the more prominent HRIS players, and to the ability to set up more complex workflows than BambooHR allows (example: self-service on employment letters, sending change notifications to other people than change approvers, allowing back-up assignees for tasks, etc).

One feature that I feel might need adjusting (but again, that's detail) is their "Who's Out" calendar, which is synced with their time-off feature: regardless of whether the person has booked 1 hour off or the full day off, it will look like the person is away for the whole day, which looks confusing.
Then two things come to mind on the analytics side, but again, they are minor and for more advanced users: I would love the ability to report on changes for personal details (beyond the audit trail report) and on custom fields. Then, custom calculation fields (which are already a great thing to have!!) are limited to the employment profile itself, i.e. you cannot return data fields from other employees' profiles, for example, who the manager of their manager is, etc.

Kylie

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Loving BambooHR

With the use of BambooHR, we're reducing paper-based documents and uploading it only. This is good because it can be accessed at any time and it is easier to keep track of documents rather than filing them. I am also able to run reports and customize it based on the information that I am looking for.

Pros

BambooHR is very user-friendly. It has a clean layout and can be customized based on the needs of the organization. The overall site is easy to navigate and has the tabs that I need to manage employee data. I like that the HRIS acts as an internal intranet site for employees.

Cons

Training tab - employees are not able to upload their own certificates. For example, if there are 6 mandatory training modules and I have 6 new hires, I would need to upload 36 files into their training tab. It's tedious and time consuming for the admin.Templates - while this is a smart feature, I think it should be broken down into two. One is for an actual template that applies to all staff (primarily forms). For contracts that require signature, it is not necessary to upload the contract as a template (since it's only used once) and request for the signature. With this, we usually use an external party to get the signatures from both parties and upload it into documents. It would be nice if this can be integrated in BambooHR so everything is in one place. Also, if the "contract" specified to an individual becomes a template, there is a risk of uploading/ sharing it by error to another employee.Cost - I wish there was an option for non-profit to save money on the software especially we're a smaller company. The cost increased a lot from July and it is also in USD which impacts the overall fee since we're a Canadian organization.

Tony
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 17/01/2018

BambooHR is simple and user friendly but not built for large companies.

BambooHR software and management system is not the cheapest option out there but you get what you pay for. Well-organized, visually appealing tools that are simple to set up and run. This solution has an open API that allows the software to be integrated with a company's existing HR tech vendors, and the performance review function fits with the way more companies are working. I would suggest this product to small to medium companies.

Pros

BambooHr has allowed our management team to be on the same page with employee Management. Our managers are able to access our Bamboo account from anywhere, allowing them to keep updated on their team. This product also allows employees to enter & update their own personal information reducing user error. This software reporting has several automated functions for manual reports that my company generates for the corporate office. We continue to automate more processes with the help of the Bamboo development team. The onboarding and offboarding processes are streamlined and offer electronic onboarding, task assignments, and e-signature documents. Bamboo HR is able to support every aspect of employee administration and HR management.

Cons

The biggest complaint I have with BambooHr is their customer service and support team. While the team was really hands-on with us for implementation, the support has since left us to figure out our problems with the software ourselves and basically just sends us links to tutorials. The tutorials are ok but we usually end up having even more specific questions after watching them. It would be nice to see them be more hands-on after implementation.

Christine

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

BambooHR Gets the Job Done for a Small business Organization

Overall, I am very happy with using BambooHR. The employee self serve system is user-friendly and easy to use. Employees love BambooHR compared to our last system. It is a big improvement. Employees also like the mobile app. It gives employees and managers the ability to keep track of employee information anytime and anywhere.

Pros

As a one-person HR shop, BambooHR has made my professional life easier. The system is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a web-based workforce solution that offers a variety of tools and features, like HRIS, applicant tracking, benefits management, onboarding, offboarding, leave tracking, customizable fields, reports, access levels, and more. It combines a multitude of HR functions into a single application. It effectively automated basic HR workflow, allowing me to spend more time on other crucial tasks. Forms are online and it has eliminated a lot of paper.

The customer support is very good.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new benefits upgrade. Only time will tell if it has helped me or not. I would like to see a total rewards compensation statement. All the data is in the system. It would be helpful to give employees annual total compensation statements.

Corpay One

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR is user-friendly. Employees can go into the system and find what the need very easily. IRI's president told me he loves BambooHR.
Alison
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Really appreciate BambooHR's form and function with still more functionality to explore!

BambooHR gave HR matters a visible one stop home base for our team. It has also made it easy for diferent user types to get/view what they need (and what is appropriate) with the custom permissions. Our team members like (and don't avoid) accessing the system because it's so easy and pleasant to use!

Pros

Onboarding, employee database, time off tracking, performance management, reporting, customization, friendly and functional user interface. Users like using it!

Cons

Hard to say really - it's a pretty great system. The benefits section doesn't seem to be set up to be useful for our kind of benefits program (typical health and dental plan in Canada). I'm still exploring some functions...for example, we haven't really put their ATS to the test yet as it seems a bit basic vs. our current system but I want to give it a try since BambooHR has a way of delivering the needed functionality in a deceptively simple interface. I do need to maximize my use of BambooHR functions further given the investment we have made in it - I have a lot of faith in their products and am confident I will find even more value there if I look. I hope they can keep up the amazing customer and user experience I have had these last few years as they continue to expand their functionality.

Maryanne

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

Love Bamboo!

Staff really like Bamboo as it makes booking time off much easier, also signing documents and accessing their information.
The Bamboo Support Team are amazing - whenever I have needed to contact them, they have responded swiftly and are always great to deal with, even if the issue is that I am being a bit of an idiot!!

Pros

Just being able to organise all employee information and documents in one, safe, place is great, as well as easy time off booking and tracking.
The recruitment side of things is so easy with Bamboo - again, it keeps everything together in one place, including correspondence with candidates, and the application, offer, and onboarding processes are easy to set up and save an enormous amount of time.
Signature templates - we really love these! Being able to send out documents and get proper electronic signatures on them is a huge benefit for us.

Cons

We would love to be able to use the Payroll function, but we are UK-based, and it only works in the US.

It is very American in language, and it would be good to be able to change some of that, e.g. use CV instead of Resume. Small things, and certainly not game changers in terms of us using Bamboo.

Sarah E.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 16/09/2019

Bamboohr greatly increases the quality of candidate management

This must be one of the best human resource management services. Bamboohr is good for delimiting our work flow based on the number of employees with whom we work. It serves to communicate with employees, and with candidates to work in the company. It should be noted that bamboohr offers a very comfortable directory of employees. This software allows you a huge capacity regarding its deployment. Bamboohr It can be operated from any type of electronic devices since no type of installation is needed. Bamboohr customer support has a very acceptable response speed, as well as being very friendly at all times. It is the best services.

Pros

The platform offers us a good management of the documentation of our employees. It is easy to make detailed follow-ups about the activity of each employee, and their work time. The same thing happens with the follow-up of the candidates, and their abilities, because this is very complete. Another advantage of bamboohr is that the work can be organized so that specific employees can manage the rest. Bamboohr has proven to be a very reliable service, with which we can support all the work reports of our staff, and much more. The platform has also been of great help to achieve a more methodical workflow, and for the whole team to be aware of the skills and talents of each member of the team. Thanks to this we can create work strategies based on these skills.

Cons

Bamboohr offers a quite poor smartphone application. This is much better when used directly from the web page. The Platform does not offer enough communication tools. It does not handle motors of revision of curricular summaries, and neither it allows to administer criminal records (in the case of the candidates).

Kristie
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 14/07/2018

Intuitive Software w/ Over-the-Top Customer Service

Saves me time & keeps applicant tracking, hiring and onboarding processes organized and smooth, employees like it, and we've taken several processes paperless with BambooHR.

Pros

When I rolled BambooHR out to my team, I had several people confess their initial reaction was, "oh no not another program to learn!" but once they got in there they were pleasantly surprised by how intuitive and easy it is to learn. They've done their research and crafted a solution that's simple and elegant, actually kind of fun to use, and does what all HR professionals hope their solutions will do - it saves me time! My favorite functions are the Applicant Tracking System and On & Offboarding checklists. I never want to hire without them!
BambooHR has excellent tutorials with screenshots and videos, and they provide webinars on best practices and getting the most out of thier platform. I can often find answers to my questions in their Help pages, but if not, I can email or call their support team and often get help right away. Their user support is unmatched. They could write the book on customer service for tech support professionals.

Cons

One of BambooHR's greatest strengths is its simplicity, but that also has its drawbacks. It's not as customizable as some other options on the market. There are some things I wish it could do that it doesn't. They are always making improvements though, and what they do have works great. I'd rather use a somewhat limited platform that works great than deal with a fully customizable one that doesn't work great, or that's difficult to learn and a pain to use.

Keyana
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

This might just be my personal all-time favorite software EVER.

Pros

Where do I even begin? All other HR systems out there should take note: BambooHR is how you do HR. My company was in need of software that dramatically cut down our paper usage, particularly for the onboarding process. The paperwork folder that I'd hand each new hire on their first day, was far too much and too overwhelming. With BambooHR, we are now able to have that onboarding process be completely electronic and have each new employee complete their new hire packet before their start date, at their leisure. That way, their first day (really, just about their entire first week) could be spent participating in valuable hands-on training sessions. No one wants to be bogged down with a massive folder of documents on their very first day at work, and the likelihood of employees retaining any of that information while a ton of other thoughts and nerves are flying through their heads on that first day, is VERY low. With BambooHR, new and veteran employees can revisit that information anytime they'd like.

The PTO feature is top-notch: employees can view a time-off calendar within the software and request off without having to physically check-in with HR or their direct reports, first. All that's needed from me or directs, is approval or denial of such requests.

Job benefits, bonuses, raises, and a whole slew of other job-related information can be tracked in BambooHR, making it the most comprehensive, easy-to-use HR software that my company has ever used.!

Cons

There are, in all honestly, absolutely no cons to this software. It'll fit into any company's budget, and I promise, your employees will enjoy it just as much as your HR team does.

Barry
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

What Bamboo Means to Calvary Church

For an organization like Calvary that strives for perfection, to have our leadership embrace this product means that it was an endorsement of me as well as HR. Each new addition to the original purchase has been helpful and embraced. YEAH!

Pros

I was not trained in HR when I was asked to do HR. Calvary Church had never had an HR person. But we are getting bigger and we needed one. My immediate request upon being asked to be HR was a request for a software program. After my research I landed on BambooHR. I've been extremely happy. Calvary Church is happy. It has been a great product for our organization. Every time we add a new piece we've been happy with the roll out and implementation. Makes me look good.

Cons

I'm not a software trained person, nor am I an HR person. I am a former school principal. I do, at times, have to ask for help from our IT or your Support Heroes. Most are resolved or answered by a chat. But some of the access levels and permissions still get me. They seem at times confusing and difficult.