BambooHR Reviews

About BambooHR

Instead of using fragmented spreadsheets, limited or clunky software, and physical paper, BambooHR helps you centralize your data and automate the way you complete key HR tasks. As you hire, onboard, and pay your employees, every...

Browse BambooHR Reviews

2,734 of 2,735 reviews
Robert A.
Robert A.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 18/01/2024

BambooHR Works Well

The switch to BambooHR was made prior to me coming here but we have had great experience with it since I have been here.

Pros

We use this service everyday for timekeeping and accurate payments. It works well, the interface is clean and clear and it does everything we need it to.

Cons

The app is very helpful, especially in situations where a computer is not accessible BUT sometimes it does glitch and freeze.

Nancy
  • Industry: Security & Investigations
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 03/02/2024

BambooHR Review

Pros

Ease of use-light hearted for employees.

Cons

Restrictive when it comes to payroll input and expense labelling..

Aisha
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Good product

Like the product for starting companies, but as your processes and strategy become more detailed, I am not sure if Bamboohr can manage properly as a stand-alone platform. Like the HRIS, the rest of the features are not robust

Pros

Love the simplicity of the HRIS system to allow for tracking personnel

Cons

The payroll system and time management are not as robust as it needs to be. Unlike optional features such as performance or applicant tracking that are not critical to risk management, the payroll and time management must be up to par to ensure customers are compliant with state regulations, able to identify and correct discrepancies quickly, and able to customize reporting to identify labor cost trends. Unfortunately, the payroll and time tracking doesn't relate.1 Example: We cannot track if meals are being taken or the system does not alert us when someone does not take their required lunch breaks. Depending on state, there are penalties associated with this2 Example: If an employee is scheduled to be terminated on a specific day, they are automatically taken out of the system before ensuring they were paid their last check. States have many different regulations around when a former employee must be paid their final check. We would have to alter the person's last day and final pay date in order to process their last check, which can cause incorrect records if we forget to switch the dates back to correct separation date. If we schedule termination ahead of time, we have no way of tracking who is up for termination soon or no notice that the person was removed from payroll ensuring timely payment. 3 Example: Timetracking is more than just about having the ability to clock in and out with approval. There is very limited reporting that can be pulled to track labor cost

Top BambooHR Alternatives

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

BambooHR is a comprehensive and easy-to-use HR software

In terms of HR functions, BambooHR handles everything. Our human resources department and management can benefit much from this system. BambooHR serves many uses for many divisions. Every day, the human resources team uses BambooHR because it is quick, simple, and easy to use.

Pros

This HR management system is both feature-rich and user-friendly. The user interface is made user- and administrator-friendly. The site is user-friendly, and my staff appreciates how straightforward the features are.

Cons

One of BambooHR's less enticing characteristics, in my opinion, is its pricing structure. We are a very young company, thus cost-effectiveness is of paramount importance. Unfortunately, it appears that BambooHR's rates are out of reach for startups like ours.

NATHAN

Reviewed on 08/02/2024

Great platform

Pros

Bamboo was very easy to set up. The implementation team was great and did a lot of the work.

Cons

Some of the features that are available do not work/integrate with our other software (Payroll)

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Price and customerservice were much better with Bamboo.
Daria

Reviewed on 09/02/2024

Standard value for its cost

Pros

It aids in gathering and centralizing HR-related data.

Cons

Abundance of features that are less practical, and a deficiency in automated processes

Carla
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 17/01/2024

We love bamboo

Pros

Bamboo is a very friendly HRIS, super intuitive, and easy to use, you can have everything in the same platform, your ats, performance reviews, files of each employee, surveys, onboarding, for the employees is very easy to use, ask for their vacations, see the org chart and check their info and documents anytime they want.

Cons

Honestly i like it very much, i will just add more things to the module of performance reviews because it can be a little bit limited

Buk, Bob and Factorial
Kurt
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

BambooHR was the RIGHT CHOICE for us!

Pros

The ease of implementation was fantastic -- and every member of the BambooHR team with whom we have worked has been amazing. The Sales Associate knew the product and made us feel comfortable and answered every question. Our Implementation Manager was likely the best that I have ever worked with -- and I have been involved with countless HRIS and payroll implementations.

Cons

Technical support is extremely responsive and helpful however, we are finding that the queue to wait for Online Chat support is longer and taking more time. It was fairly routine to have anything answered within 5 minutes however, now I have seen the queue take as long as 40. I am not sure if this is due to staffing or the questions are more complex however, it is a noticeable difference.

Annique
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 01/02/2024

Bamboo HR in a Caribbean Context

Very good experience. Thier levels of service is consistent from the sales team to support team. This makes approaching them with queries or concerns extremely easy. Feedback is timely and consise.

Pros

Bamboo removes the use of multiple systems and platforms that don't speak to each other . All employee data from oboarding to offboarding is housed in one area where relevant persons have the relevant access to view. Ease of use and acces to mulitple learning experiences also sets Bamboo apart from other systems tested.

Cons

There are a few things in the Performance module that are not customizable. In our context scoring is extremely imortant to us. Notifications on when persons complete reviews would also make this more effecient. Right now I have to manually check to see who is completed.

Reviewed on 26/12/2023

Good Option for HR Applicant Tracking

Pros

Bamboo offers good applicant tracking and management.

Cons

Pricing increase with lack of features offered.

Freshteam

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Great HR Information System for medium size business

Moved all employment contract management online, leave management, onboarding, offboarding, personal details maintenance through self serve functionality, process workflows and performance management.

Pros

Modern HR information system with great broad feature set for medium size businesses. Excellent for leave management, request, approval and tracking.

Cons

Is based out of the US and orientation is by default to US customers. Works for Australia customers but is a bit short on handling contractors, more permanent focused, and support hours do not cover Australia timezone which has caused some issues.

Employment Hero

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR offered us so much more in terms of features and functionality than we would ever invest to build internally. The user experience was modern and easy to use from signing up a new staff member, to onboarding them and maintaining their HR and Leave records. Removed significant risk from process errors, failed notification of employment changes and record keeping for signed contracts. Moved from paper to fully online!

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Great user interface, custimisable, simple to use and configure, right featureset and complexity for our size of organisation.
Rikki

Reviewed on 10/02/2022

Huge Promoter of BambooHR

I generally come into Companies as an HR Leader somewhere between 50 and 100 employees and Bamboo is a simple implementation and give not only me every tool I need to do my job, but also helps other teams as far as reporting and accountability is concerned. It's everything I could as for and more.

Pros

I have implemented BambooHR as our primary HRIS system at 3 companies now. Bamboo is so intuitive training is a breeze. Whenever anything pops up I don't have an answer to Help desk is an IM away. Reporting cannot be beat. Hands down the easiest most intuitive HRIS our there for HR Professionals and Employees.

Cons

I wish there were more options within the review portal. Like having the ability to do quarterly assessments AND a formal annual assessment that combines all the quarterlies. Even though we have a quarterly assessment process at our Company people also want to traditional annual and we have to do that all manually outside of the system currently.

Paycom, ADP Workforce Now and Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Bamboo allows us a lot of flexibility to design it the way that works best for our company and our people that's didn't wrap us into anything additional we didn't want or need.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 18/02/2022

BambooHR is delicious!

We've been able to create tables to house our faculty credentials for tracking and reporting purposes. The signature documents and workflow has helped us reduce the time to create, email, and record faculty contract from several hours to 15 minutes. The eNPS survey has been a great way to monitor employee engagement every six months. We take the feedback provided in that survey and other communication channels and have made improvements in a number of areas that are important to staff and faculty.

Pros

If I were a Panda (HR Administrator), I'd eat BambooHR every day. It's delicious compared to other common HR software forage I've tried. The modern look and feel of BambooHR is terrific. Our staff love the look and ease of use. As a one person HR team with 250 employees, BambooHR makes payroll, performance management, time tracking, and attendance a breeze. Take a nibble and taste the difference!

Cons

The two items as an HR admin. that can be time consuming and a frustration are tracking training and benefit administration. It would be amazing if BambooHR would integrate with training platforms for single sign-on and training status updates on the employee profile. We use a third part benefits administration platform for benefits enrollment. They take care of the file feeds to carriers and billing. Any changes on that platform then must be updated in BambooHR for the deductions to roll over to payroll. The extra steps take time and can lead to error.

Paycom

Easy of use and cost.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Switching to BambooHR

Ease of use, ability to customize, and straightforward pricing model.
Italia
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 01/12/2022

BambooHR makes our work easier!

I overall loved the whole experience, from the introduction, sales/acquisition of the software, to the onboarding and data transfer. The Salesperson and Project Manager of our account made us feel decided about Bamboo from the very first approach. We feel candidate onboarding and administration of our personnel in the Company has become much more manageable.

Pros

What I like the most about Bamboo is that tracking PTO, benefits, and celebrations is much easier compared to other software we've used before. This unique "social network" design has made it user-friendly for our employees regardless of their age.

Cons

What I didn't love is that we couldn't find integration with LinkedIn for job postings. We had to use LinkedIn externally for recruiting.

Lattice

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

We needed a more accurate / visible PTO tracking.

TriNet Zenefits

Price, features
Sara
Sara

Reviewed on 27/07/2023

BambooHr is the most intuitive HR software available

My company had a lot of manual processes before we started using Bamboo. Bamboo simplified these procedures and freed up time that I could put toward other responsibilities. A certification tracking system was recently implemented. It wasn't as easy to set up as I'd hoped, but with the help of customer service, we're all set up and everyone (including managers) is getting reminders about upcoming courses and certifications.

Pros

As an HR manager, BambooHR equips me with resources to improve workers' lives on the job. In times of need, I receive prompt assistance from BambooHR. Simply put, Bamboo HR is a joy to work with. It's user-friendly enough for small businesses without a human resources department to implement and utilize with no training.

Cons

If we had a little more leeway, we could replace the generic performance assessment questions with ones specific to our company.

Bethany

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

BambooHR makes my work life so much easier!!

Overall, very happy with BambooHR’s performance!! I recommend it to anyone who I know could benefit from it. Streamlines so many aspects of my day to day - hiring, onboarding, time clock, employee performance management, payroll, employee pulse surveys, .. the list goes on!

Pros

Easy time-trackingPhone app makes it easy for coworkers to check time card Company-wide announcements (alert on phone if you have the app) Personnel documents all stored in one placeCan push out new procedures that require a signature after the coworker reviewsStreamlines the onboarding process Hiring platform is convenient and you can build templates for scheduling phone screenings and interviews You can process payroll right in BambooHRAttendance notes – we set it so that coworkers can see them, but you can keep them hiddenNotes – we set it so managers and admin can see those notes, but not the coworker. Good for documenting verbal warnings

Cons

If you have a custom general ledger or another payroll report, they will build it for you, but it takes awhile to get it all sorted out We don’t pay the extra fee for benefits administration through BambooHR since we already use Employee Navigator through our benefits management group. (I have to manually select the benefits the coworkers choose to update their payroll deductions)

Lillian
Lillian

Reviewed on 14/03/2023

The ATS has been a huge help in the recruitment process

When it comes to personnel data, Bamboo handles everything. The HR department and upper management benefit greatly from this system's increased efficiency. The convenience of having everything in one place, rather than scattered everywhere.

Pros

The HR software is all-encompassing and user-friendly. Administrators and end users alike will appreciate the streamlined UI and pleasant UX they provide. My team has found the platform to be very user-friendly and productive.

Cons

It irritates me because any time I make an update to anything, it needs to be approved first, but I don't think this is something that happens everywhere; rather, I think it's more of a company permissions issue.

Rick

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

Do What you do best and Outsource the rest ... to BambooHR.

We simple don't have employee related issues falling through the cracks anymore. Now our managers have time to actually visit with and get to know our people rather than fumbling through bureaucratic gunk to make sure we're "legal".

Pros

BambooHR is super simple and easy to use. The software and the people behind it truly live up to the mission of allowing me to do what I do best (which is not HR management.)

Cons

Nothing to report in this section. BambooHR does exactly what I want it to.

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR allowed us to have our employee information at our fingertips rather than in another party's hands. If I need information I simply pull the report or look it up instead of asking for the information from someone else. The last thing we looked into was cost and it turned out that BambooHR is about 25% of what we were paying the accounting firm. That made it a "no-brainer"...better access to data, easier to use, additional resources for managing benefits, onboarding, training, compensation...for less money.

Ease of use.
Lesley

Reviewed on 24/02/2022

Thank you BambooHR!

The reporting tool is excellent. It has allowed us to analyse sickness and timeoff especially over the last 2 years during the pandemic. We also used API to access everyone's phone number to send a text message update at the start of the pandemic to let everyone know what course we were taking. On a broader note, the Employee Survey has given us areas to address and we are improving our eNPS score every 6 months, which is great for employee engagement. We have recently started using the Hiring function which is proving very popular with the management team, allowing them to record their comments and share with others their thoughts on CVs and candidates, as well as being able to email the candidate through BambooHR, making an offer and onboarding. Great to have this functionality all in one place, it makes for a more efficient process.

Pros

The software is easy to navigate and employees love using it. We have integrated it with other applications which works well allowing us to keep track of training. Best use has been through Time Off, Perfomance Management, Hiring, Onboarding/Offboarding, eNPS Employee Satisfaction Surveys and the reporting is excellent. Also, very happy with help and support you get from the BambooHR team. I have asked for additinal tabs to track secruity clearances and various other things, nothing is too much trouble.

Cons

I would like to see the 'signature' aspects improved. I have starting using this a lot, but have issues with not being able to access external emails for contract signing capability. Also, when my forms are being completed, during the process of going from one person to another, the text runs off the form. It corrects itself once the final signature is complete, but this could be vital information which is missed by the final signer.

Christine
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/05/2022

BambooHR Gets the Job Done for a Small business Organization

Overall, I am very happy with using BambooHR. The employee self serve system is user-friendly and easy to use. Employees love BambooHR compared to our last system. It is a big improvement. Employees also like the mobile app. It gives employees and managers the ability to keep track of employee information anytime and anywhere.

Pros

As a one-person HR shop, BambooHR has made my professional life easier. The system is designed for small and medium-sized businesses. It is a web-based workforce solution that offers a variety of tools and features, like HRIS, applicant tracking, benefits management, onboarding, offboarding, leave tracking, customizable fields, reports, access levels, and more. It combines a multitude of HR functions into a single application. It effectively automated basic HR workflow, allowing me to spend more time on other crucial tasks. Forms are online and it has eliminated a lot of paper.

The customer support is very good.

Cons

I am not a fan of the new benefits upgrade. Only time will tell if it has helped me or not. I would like to see a total rewards compensation statement. All the data is in the system. It would be helpful to give employees annual total compensation statements.

Corpay One

Reasons for Choosing BambooHR

BambooHR is user-friendly. Employees can go into the system and find what the need very easily. IRI's president told me he loves BambooHR.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Best HR Product I Have Used

Setting up and using signed document features - super easy, allows simple tracking of who has signed.

Pros

We are a small-mid-sized business and this product makes managing people and processes very easy for the administrators and the users. User feedback is that the product is intuitive and easy to navigate.Service has always been stellar!

Cons

Features continue to be added and I am sure the one I want most will come in due time but I would love to be able to file documents with recruitments that are not connected to an applicant. Things like approval forms and interview question templates.

Dayforce HCM

Ease of use

Humi

Cost, interface, service
Zubairu
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 23/02/2023

My BambooHR Honest Reviews

Overall, BambooHR is a comprehensive and user-friendly HR management software with excellent customer support and reporting capabilities. However, its limited integration options, high pricing, and limited customization options may not be suitable for all organizations.

Pros

BambooHR is a popular human resources management software that offers a range of features designed to streamline HR processes and improve employee management.Here are some this I mostly like about this software:User-friendly interface: BambooHR has an intuitive interface that is easy to navigate, making it easy to manage employee data, track performance, and run reports.Comprehensive HR features: BambooHR offers a range of HR features, including payroll, time tracking, applicant tracking, onboarding, and performance management, all in one platform.Customizable options: BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, allowing you to add custom fields, workflows, and reports.Strong reporting capabilities: BambooHR provides extensive reporting options that allow you to generate data-driven insights into HR metrics, such as employee engagement and performance.Good customer support: BambooHR provides excellent customer support, including a knowledge base, training resources, and live chat support.

Cons

Limited integration options: BambooHR has limited integration options with other software, which can make it difficult to sync data with other business tools.Expensive pricing: BambooHR can be expensive, especially for smaller businesses, as the pricing is based on the number of employees.Limited customization options: While BambooHR can be customized to fit the unique needs of your organization, there are some limitations to the customization options available.Limited mobile app functionality: While BambooHR has a mobile app, it has limited functionality, which can be frustrating for employees who need to access HR information on-the-go.Limited recruiting features: BambooHR's recruiting features are somewhat limited compared to other recruiting-specific software on the market.

Christina
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

Middle of the road software that needs improvement

We are currently researching other HR software. I'm not sure which is better, software that contains the modules needed with obvious and crippling flaws or software that is easy to use both by admin and employees with limited modules.

Pros

The idea of on-boarding a new employee electronically is a huge plus. It engages employees before they start and makes it so that they come in with paperwork already filled out and spend their first day doing more than just paperwork.
Most of the framework is in place, but EACH area needs improvement, both in the functionality for administration and the ease of use for employees. The sections offered are vital, but aren't complete.

Cons

The benefits area is lacking a lot of common sense tools - like the ability to attach plan documents to an insurance plan (only a link can be used), display plan cost information to an employee BEFORE they sign up (the pricing is only available AFTER they sign up and become eligible). Many things like this create double the amount of work for the administrator.
The actual on-boarding process was a struggle because even though the forms were done properly by the employees (I sat with a few and watched them), it didn't save all information in completed fields. Employees were frustrated when they had to fill out forms multiple times because you cannot edit once saved.
I love that employees can e-sign documents, but preparing the forms is cumbersome and they can't be customized easily. For instance, if you need to update a form because something has changed or didn't save properly, you have to delete the task and resend to any employees who need an updated form.
When I discussed a few very basic items with support, they just offered a work around that many clients use. These are obvious flaws in the system that need to be addressed, but aren't necessarily a priority. Bamboo HR seems to focus more on flashy design than actual content. It makes them seem like a leader in the industry, but as soon as you dig in, the flaws are obvious.
For the price, there needs to be more development in the software.

Reviewed on 15/02/2022

They understand and support customers

Extremely receptive, understanding company, who want to support HR and provide easy-to-use, clear tools for daily HR tasks. They even educate the HR company through their annual virtual summit, which has become one of the very best as they know the most relevant topics and attract the best speakers ... and it's free to register.

Pros

I found BambooHR very easy to set up, with a very clear, clean interface, a great mobile app and very easy to use for the employees. I am very impressed with the ease with which I was able to set up time-off policies and performance management, and the applicant tracking system is simple and collaborative. A great strength of Bamboo is the customer service - everybody I have spoken to is communicative, responsive, helpful, knowledgable - they seem to genuinely want to help. Their help documentation is very good and they keep clients up to date monthly with product developments and tips via video. Setting up forms for e-signature is awesome, and the newly introduced COVID tracker and storage of information has sensibly (and for legal reasons) been separated from other HR files.

Cons

I'd like to see more flexibility in creating sub-folders for file storage, and integrations with more payroll providers and the time-tracking could use a little more development, but I do like that Bamboo continues to improve in all these aspects and that stops me jumping ship even when there are limitations.

Alison
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 26/05/2022

Really appreciate BambooHR's form and function with still more functionality to explore!

BambooHR gave HR matters a visible one stop home base for our team. It has also made it easy for diferent user types to get/view what they need (and what is appropriate) with the custom permissions. Our team members like (and don't avoid) accessing the system because it's so easy and pleasant to use!

Pros

Onboarding, employee database, time off tracking, performance management, reporting, customization, friendly and functional user interface. Users like using it!

Cons

Hard to say really - it's a pretty great system. The benefits section doesn't seem to be set up to be useful for our kind of benefits program (typical health and dental plan in Canada). I'm still exploring some functions...for example, we haven't really put their ATS to the test yet as it seems a bit basic vs. our current system but I want to give it a try since BambooHR has a way of delivering the needed functionality in a deceptively simple interface. I do need to maximize my use of BambooHR functions further given the investment we have made in it - I have a lot of faith in their products and am confident I will find even more value there if I look. I hope they can keep up the amazing customer and user experience I have had these last few years as they continue to expand their functionality.