About Curve Dental

Founded in 2004, Curve Dental provides cloud-based practice management software to over 50,000 dental professionals in the United States and Canada. Dental offices use Curve Hero to schedule, invoice, manage recall, manage...

4.1

Browse Curve Dental Reviews

Danielle C.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Excellent Cloud Based Software

We love it and recommend it highly

Pros

This is the best software we have used for multiple doctors in multiple locations. It is also cloud based so we don't have to worry about a server going down or losing any information.

Cons

There is no electronic signature availability for the patient file

Aaron G.

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Best option for Cloud practice management

Really good experience with the software. Price is higher than it should be but it is more convenient in the cloud. If it could connect with Dental Intel, I would put it in all my offices.

Pros

Easy to use. Familiar feel. No need for a server for PMS and x-rays.

Cons

No option for CBCT backup. Can't be used together with Dental Intel. Default reports sometimes convoluted although you can make custom reports.

Denticon and Dentrix Ascend

Wanted Cloud functionality.

Eaglesoft

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

Most experience with Cloud Software and liked the interface.
Courtney S.

Dentist Review

I enjoy Curve Gro. Additionally, customer service has been great and I enjoy the Curve Community option for problem solving.

Pros

I enjoy that imaging is on the same software.

Cons

It is not very clinically centered when it comes to moving from treatment plans to notes, etc. I also HATE how you cannot right click on an appointment after it has been closed. It takes me 4-5 clicks to get to the area where I need to type my note. It would be super beneficial to be able to right click on a closed appointment and immediately get to the notes. It's also a pain to not see notes automatically; each patient is automatically under a certain type of note so if you want to see them all, you need to change what is viewed with each new patient.

Top Curve Dental Alternatives

Amy G.

Reviewed on 21/04/2022

Frustrated. Not user friendly.

From a front desk and accounting standpoint, this is not the system to choose if you want something that is clear, concise and easily understood. It is confusing for patients, difficult for staff to navigate, and the whole process has been quite frustrating. Also, we got excellent phone support before we purchased. Curve customer service and the people who were assigned to our account were super easy to reach, and very supportive. After we purchased, though, it is a whole different matter. We are never allowed to be given a direct phone number to a supervisor or manager. We have asked for additional training, and have been told that 'nobody ever asked for that before' and that it simply was not an option. If I had to do it all over again, I would not consider Curve.

Pros

It is a dental software. I do not have much more to say that is positive.

Cons

There are many, many features that are simply not available in Curve, from coding and charting issues to the way we run our AR and other financial reports. The support we receive from Curve is minimal, and most times does not help us fix the situation at hand.

Dentrix Ascend

Reasons for Choosing Curve Dental

We opened a second practice last year, so we needed something cloud based.

Dentrix

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

I was not involved in that decision.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you for your feedback. We offer a toll-free number that we answer in under two minutes which will be much faster than calling a supervisor or manager. If the support person cannot answer your question, they will involve their manager to resolve the issue.

We also offer additional training options. A response for more training is directed to our implementation team to schedule the training. We also offer articles, training videos, and more available in Curve Community which you can access at any time.

You can also forward your contact information to us so we can connect with you directly.

Replied 26/04/2022
Amy A.

Reviewed on 05/12/2020

Best Dental Software

My overall experience has been excellent and easy

Pros

Ease of use, ease of set up, ease of access, ease of communication with support & its visually aesthetic when i show my patients things on the screen.

Cons

That I cannot have more than one thing open at a time

ClearDent

Reasons for Choosing Curve Dental

Opened my own office and I wanted something better

ClearDent

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

It was easy, and compatible and something I felt comfortable showing my patients
Ashley L.

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Cloud Based Dental Software

The system is very intuitive and easy to learn. I appreciate that it was a fairly seamless transition from our prior system.

Pros

Working out of two offices, it is imperative that we have a cloud based system that allows us to access the same patient information in both places.

Cons

Many of the things I originally did not like about the software have been amended. Curve is good with customer service and open to suggestion so we have been able to customize certain things to facilitate our daily use.

Colleen F.
  • Industry: Computer Networking
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Easy Transition

Overall - this is a GREAT system. Easy to transition and train. You can literally have any report in the world you want and customize patient communication. From a data perspective, fabulous. From a security perspective, fabulous - ditch the daily backups and ransomware scares. If someone steals a computer - they get nothing. If the office burns to the ground - you can call patients from any computer anywhere and reschedule them at a temporary office. Patient data is safe.

Pros

What I like best about Curve is the smooth transition to the cloud from an in-house server. I am especially fond of the Curve Capture which pulls twain devices in with ease. The system is so easy to use that it requires very little training for new employees. The support team is always ready to help and never makes the employees feel like they are dumb for asking a question. They also answer quickly, so you don't have to wait hours or days for a call-back.

Cons

I would like to see some improvements in the document cabinet. It doesn't feel as organized as I would like and often, when pulling from other software, the naming convention is not what you would want. We spent some time on clean up and it wasn't too terrible.

Elwood A.

Reviewed on 19/04/2022

Can be used anywhere.

I started my practice with Curve Dental and sure there have been issues but overall, they have been a benefit to the running of the practice. I have had staff say it is the easiest software to use.

Pros

I like the fact that it is cloud based so can be accessed anywhere you have internet and Chrome and is automatically backed up. Tech support are very helpful.

Cons

I do not like the charting as it is very basic and you can not tell the difference in material of restorations. Getting reports can be a challenge and often takes tech support to get what is needed.

Tracker and Eaglesoft

It was cloud based.
Stacy S.

Good for small businesses

Pros

For the most part the GUI is easy to work with . Drag and drop works well.

Cons

There should be a document preview added under files. Also, adding payments at same time as posting billing would be nice.

Miguel D.

Reviewed on 20/04/2022

Pros

I like the clean interface. It is easy to learn and also teach new users.

Cons

Wish you could chart caries and diagnoses instead of just treatment plan.

Dawn G.

Easiest Conversion EVER!

I think one of the biggest obstacles that I personally have experienced is the ability to have doctors in multiple locations. This creates the need to have each doctor have multiple profiles which makes creating reports much more convoluted and affects insurance billing. Colorado Medicaid has to have the doctor signature match the credentialing so if you have "Eng" after a doctors name to signal our Englewood location it is not a "clean match" so claims were kicked out. When you pull reports you have to know EXACTLY how that doctor is entered because they are not listed as a drop down field. If you miss a . it will throw off the report. This isn't a problem for John Doe, DDS Eng but is a huge deal when doctors name is A. P. Smithwick III, D.D.S. Reports have to run before you can make a correction which is time consuming

Pros

As manager of a very large, 3 location pediatric dental practice that were all on different software/databases I cannot say enough about the smooth conversion process that we experienced when merging our databases and moving all locations to Curve Hero! The software is unbelievably user friendly which turns training new team members on the software an extremely easy process allowing for the focus of training to be on the systems of operations of the practice instead of the first few weeks of employment focusing on learning the software. I can't say enough about the ease of use that comes with converting to this office. The documentation that you get with the software can't be beat! As a manager you will love the correspondence feature which identifies when statements, emails, texts etc were sent to patients, as well as the ability to monitor the numbers of the practice so effectively through the software dashboard! Can't say enough about this software! Highly recommend doing a demo for any practice considering making a software change or wanting a software in the cloud!

Cons

My biggest concern with using Curve at this time is that there isn't much consideration to practices with regards to updates that come down that may affect the day to day functions of the practice. Recently a couple updates were pushed through in the middle of the morning hours which created havoc. If the update goes as plans, it's a pretty easy fix, however one did not go through as planned and had what was basically a minor glitch but still created chaos in our offices. As a manager of three locations (which is the case with MANY practices in todays's industry due to DSO practices, etc) I had EVERY team member texting, calling and approaching me unexpectedly because they were unable to function in Curve. Appointments could not be made, charting halted, children getting x-rays had to be paused, and calls coming in could not be addressed. EVERYONE in the practice lost all rights due to the glitch when the update that allows hours per team member to be determined. The practices literally came to a standstill with all the pressure on me to call and find out what had happened and then go through each team member and try to get them the ability to function again. When you have three practices, with up to 15 chairs scheduled an unexpected "glitch with the update" is something you just don't want to hear. Had notification gone out advising of an update being done, we could at least be prepared.

Edward S.

Reviewed on 14/04/2019

Three dental offices

Excellent. Curve is the best of the cloud. And the cloud is way better than any VPN type system and far superior to use and maintain and manipulate and backup than any internal network would be. As simple as a high speed internet connection, an unmanaged gigabyte switch and internet connections. Wireless works too, I just like the speed of most of the workstations in the operatories wired in. Less load on a wireless router in a big office. Curve took us through conversion from Dentrix, training of the staff and the practice manager and has been there through our inexperienced moments. The doctors didn't even train and they picked it right up. The software improves over time for the better and it was great to begin with.Curve Hero has been a great decision. I couldn't be happier.

Pros

Intuitive. Written with the end user in mind. The trusty "Sidekick" feature (get it? Hero...) on the right of the screen let's you quickly work through a patient. Once I was used to seeing between two offices from any location I was frustrated the third wasn't online yet. I could never go back. The combination of cloud management, lack of internal Network IT needs (an internet connection, Google Chrome, and Adobe Reader and Flash and you're there) and the user friendliness and cuteness of the software and I'm hooked. No bridge between most digital x-ray formats. We're using Scan-X and looking to upgrade to Plan Mecas CBCT ProMax Classic at all three locations.

Cons

There is a lag during the prescription writing portion of the "program." You have to wait a bit before it starts to respond. After that... Zoom. Also, if you need a new image taken you need to refresh charting and then go back to images. Sometimes, it doesn't like to let me modify images gamma, light, dark, inspect/zoom in. None of these are huge difficulties. I would not change companies.

Fredrick L.

Reviewed on 01/12/2016

Preventing the 50K Mistake

Each computer in the office is independent and isolated. They're "off the shelf" units and were purchased from Dell at extraordinarily reasonable amounts. No server, no contracted computer geek, no surprises. Most importantly, no added monthly maintenance fees. The support from Curve has been fabulous.
What's the worst that can happen? Well, the system has gone down.....wow....we kept doing dentistry. The internet failed (U-verse fiber optic).... wow ....we kept doing dentistry. There are a tremendous amount of people connected to Curve and AT&T. These companies will be doing everything humanly possible to get back up and running. It's their livelihoods. If (when) your server is hacked (oh, that couldn't happen to me! ..... yeah...think again) or when it fails the office geek has to repair or replace it. The time just starts to fly. So do the dollars. Your time is not the technicians time.
Bottom line: the software delivers all the needed features necessary to run a contemporary dental practice. It provides the necessary metrics easily. The folks at Curve are responsive to their customers needs and seem to be in a constant upgrade mode. If it's not yet available from them, they report that it is something they're thinking about. They deliver on those promises.
Financially, hardware is stock and minimalist. It can also be as advanced as available but the software works on it all. It integrates easily with all my digital add ons.
Monthly fees are reasonable when compared to the other products available. Most of all, the cost is cheaper then the monthly maintenance fees for the "big time all encompassing " software packages and the original outlay of 20+k for the software isn't necessary.
Every member of the team finds their own shortcuts/ techniques to move through the software. We had a very small learning curve at implementation and new employees grab it almost immediately.
The upgrade I await is the access to all of the patient records from my mobile devices. Currently I can access the schedule and patient information only. I look forward to being able to make appointments directly from my phone.
I recommend this system constantly. I've not been disappointed at any time since implementation three years ago.

Pros

Ease of integration and ease of use

Cons

Inability to access the actual product from my mobile devices. I want to be able to interact with the entire product from my mobile devices(iPad, iPhone)

Response from Curve Dental

A thousand thank-you's for your kind review, Dr. Lurie! We've noted your suggestions. Many of our customers see a savings in IT and HW costs, as you have. Best wishes!

Replied 05/12/2016
Raquel C.

Reviewed on 23/09/2014

Depends on specialty of the office.

Pros

It's so user-friendly and you can adjust settings so easy as well.

Cons

I think it's too easy to schedule appointments on top of each other. The billing is not easy to read, because it separates it by transaction, and then the transaction is no longer visable after it's paid. There is no way to select a procedure not to be billed to insurance in a billing transaction. You cannot transfer credits between family members in the same account. The tabs in the charting can be confusing as well. I think all existing, and current treatment plan should be together, not separated. You cannot keep track in the charting what was diagnosed when, because it deletes the date when the treatment is completed. There are too many placed where the fee schedule can be adjusted to allow for mistakes later. If the insurance is modified, the treatment plan has to be deleted and re-entered for the patient to be correct. I don't see a point in tags in the appointment when it doesn't enter the procedures in the appointment title. It seems like a lot of work to schedule an appointment, because you have too many options. The entry of birth dates is harder than it needs to be. Emails cannot be used in more than one person's profile. Cancelled claims should be able to be deleted from the system. It's confusing when auditing past due claims. There is no way to input how much maximum is left on a patient's insurance for treatment plan purposes. Treatment plans don't factor in secondary insurance coverage. Scanned documents should be able to be grouped in files and letters instead of making a separate entry for every page. Charting on the teeth is too sensitive.

Response from N/A

We appreciate Raquel's comments. She brings to light a number of topics we'd like to address.

- Scheduling Appointments. The flexibility of our scheduler does allow you to schedule on top of other appointments. Long-time customers have not found this to be a negative; however, we understand Raquel's concern and are taking steps to modify this functionality--quite soon, actually.
- Invoice Accounting vs {WHAT DTX AND ES USE}. Curve Dental uses invoice accounting, which has many advantages. Because most of the dental profession is using older management systems that display information in other ways, our new customers may find Curve Dental's accounting style a little different. Once proper training is completed our customers see the advantages of invoice accounting as it presents a more logical grouping of billing information. Specific to Raquel's comments, paid transactions are hidden after 30 days to make more efficient use of space, but with two clicks all transactions can be viewed.
- Billing to Insurance. If there's a particular procedure you would rather not bill to insurance, you simply omit that item in the insurance claim.
- Transferring Credits Between Family Members. If all family members share one responsible party, then yes, credit can be shared between family members. However, if the family members have different responsible parties, then one account would have to be refunded and the other credited, which can be done quickly.
- Displaying Existing and Current Treatment. Graphically, existing treatment and the current treatment plan can be viewed at the same time. Line-by-line details can be viewed for either existing procedures or planned procedures by clicking on the corresponding tabs in the chart.
- Diagnosis Date. If you're concerned about the date that a procedure was diagnosed, you can access a quick report to retrieve that information; it is not deleted.
- Fee Schedule Adjustments. Fee schedules can be assigned to a specific patient or when setting up an insurance plan (which determines how the insurance portion is calculated). When creating a treatment plan, you also have the option to select a different fee guide, but the default is the fee guide initially assigned to the patient.
- Modifying Insurance. Currently, you do not have to delete and re-enter a treatment plan if you need to change insurance information.
- Birth Date Format. We have received a few comments on how the birth date is entered (which is yyyy-mm-dd) and plan to allow our customers to adjust the format to one more customary to their area. Obviously a minor concern, but one that will be addressed.
- Unique e-Mail Addresses. For security purposes, Curve Dental does not allow an e-mail address to be used by more than one patient. Curve Dental's patient portal provides patients with access to account information, future appointments, and more. To protect this information, a unique e-mail address is required to access the data. Of course, the responsible party can access information for all members of the family.
- Deleting Cancelled Claims. In the interest of providing one more deterrent to fraud, we strongly believe that cancelled claims should be a permanent record in the patient's account. As a result the display of the patient's account may be a bit more busy, but not confusing.
- Entering Insurance Maximums and Factoring Secondary Insurance. Currently, Curve Dental does allow you to enter coverage used outside of the practice or software, helping our customers gain an accurate insurance estimate. And our software does indeed take into consideration secondary coverage when calculating the insurance portion.
- Scanned Documents. We have discussed ways to improve the organization of scanned documents and will make a change.
- Sensitive Charting. Curve Dental has two charting modes. One lets you drag the mouse over tooth surfaces to select the desired surface. The other mode requires you to enter the surfaces in a more old-fashioned style. Some may find one mode more preferable over the other.

Replied 26/11/2014
Ruxandra P.

Reviewed on 04/12/2020

Modern, intuitive, functional, always available anywhere

It's our day to day dental office operations software and we use it for everything. It sends letters and reminder emails and texts and it schedules Patients. It records everything related to treatment, x-rays, pictures, notes, charting, perio charting and is our way taking care of our Patients and our office. It replaced old Dentrix and Demandforce for us

Pros

It looks like a software that was designed today, as opposed to most dental software that looks like Windows 95! It is clean, easy to use, functional and it actually makes sense. Very helpful in day to day dental office operations, simple interface with everything you need right in front of you. Always available everywhere you can open a Chrome browser.

Cons

You have to change your mind set if you are used with other clunky software, this one is really easy to use. It's hard to believe things are so easy to do at the beginning. Recently they updated the user roles and permissions and they are confusing now. Also the transition from Dentrix was smooth, got the x-rays and pictures but it didn't transfer the files, we had to copy those manually as Patients had appointments. It's a one time thing but it's worth it

Austin W.

Good bones. Needs more refinement

Overall I like it. If we could auto charge old accounts and increase the quality of xrays, I’d be very happy.

Pros

I like the cloud based aspect and the ability to manage users access

Cons

Xrays aren’t as clear as I’m used to. I hate that I can’t auto charge interest on account receivables.

Dentrix and Dentrix Ascend

Reasons for Choosing Curve Dental

Wanted cloud based to reduce IT costs

Dentrix

Reasons for Switching to Curve Dental

Even the Dentrix sales people said their ascend program sucked at the time. I wanted cloud based.
Corey P.

Reviewed on 16/11/2016

Confident in Curve!!

Switching to Curve Hero from my old server based practice management software has proven to be one of the best decisions I could make. I was faced with ever increasing server issues and daily troubleshooting was causing me to feel more like an IT person learning on the job than a dentist on some days. Even hiring multiple IT gurus was a not a good use of my time or resources. Now that I have been with Curve for almost 4 years I can say it has done a lot more for me than solve IT headaches. It has opened opportunities for me as a dentist that I didn't know were possible. I have since merged my practice with another dentist and opened a second location. Curve's cloud-based software has allowed us to manage 2 locations. Curve has made it much easier to manage multiple providers and staff. All we need is an internet connection. It has allowed us to centralize many of our services. The new staff we have hired on have adapted quickly to Curve and love it's intuitive features. We spend less time training new employees on how to use the software. This year for the first time we had the opportunity to attend the Curve Summit. It was well worth the investment in time and money. It struck the right balance between fun and learning. It pumped up the team! What I was most impressed about was the ability to actually interact with the leadership and staff of Curve. At one point, we mentioned that we were developing ideas on centralized services for managing multiple practices. The next thing we knew we had a meeting set up with the executive leadership of the company. They genuinely listened to our ideas and asked us questions on how Curve could help fulfill some of our needs. It was evident to me that they cared about their customers by actually listening and implementing the things that practicing dentists want from their practice management software. I have never experienced anything like that meeting. I came away very impressed by their leadership, direction, and mission. Their platform is perfectly designed to continue to evolve with technology and implement improvements. They listen to their customers. They focus on what is important. They provide a great value for their customers in what they offer. I have used other practice management and imaging software programs. I am confident in my long-term partnership with Curve. This partnership will continue to give me opportunities to adapt to the changes that are occurring in dentistry today.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you for your confidence, Dr. Plaster! We think we have a great thing going and it is a boost to see that our customers couldn't agree more. Hope to see you at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

Replied 16/11/2016
Amy J.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Great Cloud-based Dental Software

We purchased five standing offices. Each had a different dental software. We needed a product that would enable us to view all five schedules remotely, and Curve has been terrific. It has changed how we look at schedules and increased our efficiency and flexibility. All employees can check their upcoming day from the comfort of their own homes.
Training on the software is very good, and customer support is very responsive. Curve is always evolving, and the staff welcomes any and all suggestions.
Most features are very useful, and, once one knows how to maneuver, they make sense and are easy to use.
We plan to continue using Curve, and I have already recommended it to other dental offices.

Pros

I love being able to access all five office schedules at any time from any place where I have my laptop.

Cons

Most issues I have had have been MY user issues! I would LOVE to see a "daily diary" with chores like auto/property carriers use to remind adjusters of tasks. When I want to reschedule a cancellation or missed appt, I can't mark it appropriately AND put it in the queue as a quick reminder to call the patient. I know I can run a report, but I'd love to be able to use the queue as a daily diary as well.

Response from Curve Dental

Amy! Wow, your comments are much appreciated. I've copied your suggestions into a message to our development team--they are great! As you noted, when it comes to multiple locations Curve Dental can make your job much easier. With all the data at your fingertips in real time, that's gotta be helpful for a team member in your position. Good Neighbor Dental is an awesome organization. Best wishes!

Replied 10/03/2017

Reviewed on 02/12/2017

Smooth and easy transition from Old School Practice Management Software.

Cost, Efficiency, usability.

Pros

This is a complete solution to meet all Practice Management needs which is great but as this software is a cloud solution it is just like your Facebook account, Instagram, email etc, it is alway available right there where you need it and it works as it should but in a modern, more efficient way.

It's quite intuitive and it is always trying to help you to achieve your goal. We've yet to encounter a gap a business process that is not covered. The Add-ons with Bluefin and Fast Attach function exactly as you would expect and work seamlessly.

We're a brand new office and we've leveraged Curve for Practice Management and G-Suite (from Google) to manage email and documents. Doing this has allowed us to forego a any local server or even any network wiring, simplifying and reducing the cost of the build out.

Both training and support have been great and they are never shy to quickly remote to your screen to quickly resolve any issue you may have. As for cost, by any metric it has to be cheap given you there is no installation or hardware cost and as it is cloud software upgrades are seamless and inherently free.

To address the main counter argument of a cloud solution we are in a south Florida and during the last Hurricane, Irma, we had no risk of any server being flooded of course but once the storm was over and Comcast was still out we simply switched on the hotspot on the phone and we were up and running!

Cons

The Kiosk facility where Patients can can fill out their forms directly into Curve is good but you can see they are still building it out.

Response from Curve Dental

Thanks for the 5-star review! The benefits of a cloud-based management system, as you point out, far exceed the idea of keeping a server in your practice. Many thanks for your kind review and best wishes!

Replied 04/12/2017
Donna W.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Overall Satisfied

First Customer Support is OUTSTANDING. You can call or submit a ticket. Tickets are responded too quickly-normally 5-10 minutes and many times I have receive a phone call from the customer service tech to answer my concerns. When I have called in myself I have never waited more that 5 minutes on hold.
The conversion process worked well for our office. We had a clear understanding on the front end as to what would and would not convert and they were VERY good at helping to make sure our existing treatment and treatment plans converted properly.
The training schedule they set up for our office allowed us to have a fairly good understanding of the day to day functions before we went live. Strongly suggest that you follow their recommendations in this area. There is a link attached in the software that allows you to view training videos at your convenience. Really helpful.
Having a web-based dental software does allow you to do notes, etc. while at home which is helpful. The disadvantage on that end is if the internet service is down then you can not access patient information or take x-rays.
The Imaging function is probably one of the weakest links in the software. I don't feel that the quality is where it needs to be and it does not have the ability to do measurements which is helpful for offices that place implants-which we do.
I do wish the "Admistrators" had more control to set up staff access and it would be wonderful to have an area that you could place private notes such as conversations with patients that I do not want patients or other staff members to see.
I will also comment that we have been using the Curve Software since September of 2015. We changed from another software (Dentrix) that we had been using for many years and our only two complaints with it was that it was not web-based and that the response time with their customer service was outrageously slow. It was common to wait on hold for more than an hour and if I did send in a ticket I would either not receive a response or it would be days later.
So changing from a software that the doctor and clinical staff were please with was not without its challenges. It took about nine months for the hygienist to stop saying "but I liked it the way we use to do it".
Overall I would recommend Curve Software.

Response from Curve Dental

Thank you, Donna! We feel the same way about our customer service. Your sentiment about imaging and administrator roles are high on our list and features that we discuss often. Best wishes!

Replied 16/11/2016
Shannon D.

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

Can access schedule from laptop and mobile phone!

Can use anywhere you have internet access, reasonably priced.

Pros

Curve can be viewed online so you can see patient information right at home (where you need to see it during emergency patient calls) or to make sure you can see schedule changes as they occur. This program is easy to use and reasonably priced.

Cons

There are no folders under "files and letters" so after awhile the number of files can get large and then difficult to locate, which is annoying. Also the financials do not allow monthly production numbers for a year at a glance. You have to do each month separately which is time consuming and frustrating. Also Curve goes down from time to time and then you are SOL because there is no backup....

Response from Curve Dental

Many thanks, Shannon, for your positive review. We are working on files and letters and you'll love the end result! The Playbook, which will be available this summer, may provide you with the production numbers you're looking for. We're also set to release offline capabilities; in the event service is disrupted for whatever reason, you'll still have access to a limited data set for patients you'll see that day. You'll love that, too! Many thanks and best wishes to you and yours!

Replied 14/06/2017
Keric H.

Happy Curve User!

The customer support team at Curve Dental is AMAZING!!! They are there any time you need a hand and will jump thru hoops to get the job done.

Pros

It is extremely customizable. It is amazing how much great information you can get from the custom reports.

Cons

The fact that it is so customizable is a pro and a con. You can create any type of report you can imagine, using hundreds of different parameters. BUT you need to figure out what reports to run on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.

Dr. robert H.

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Must Do...

Overall...satisfied and for now, will continue to stay the line...

Pros

Jazzy looks, Ease of use, NO MORE TECH CONTRACTS!!!

Cons

Costly when doing add ons...feels a little “nickel and dime” style. This isn’t a cheap product, but not many other industries (used daily, with cloud back-up, charge near this rate. Because it’s dentist, the price keeps climbing...there will be a breaking point or a mass abandonment when a fair-priced competitor comes along...just sayin!!!

Jennifer H.

Reviewed on 07/12/2020

Good product but room for improvement

Pros

Cloud access at home makes it easy to check on patients and work remotely. Sleek design and simplistic design makes the main features easy to use.

Cons

Making reports can be confusing, some very standard/simple reports not available. Many tweaks and issues that we were told were being worked on havent been resolved in 2.5 years.

Jeanne D.

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

I like the Curve software and what it has to offer. Overall we have been pleased with the...

As stated previously, the ease of use is my favorite feature. It is fairly easy to train new employees and have confidence that they will easily navigate their way through the program.

Pros

Curve is very easy to use and very user-friendly. Navigating through the program is manageable for even the least computer-savvy person. When we train a new staff member, I never worry about teaching them the program because it is so easy to teach.

Cons

Our least favorite feature of Curve is the charting module. It does not perform the way we think it should. While we are aware that you can't please all the people all the time, we would prefer to see changes made so that the charting module allows for more customization by the user.

Response from Curve Dental

Hi, Jeanne! Many thanks for the kind review. Sonshine Dental is one of our favorite customers. Ease of use is a common thread we hear from our customers. We've taken note of your comments about adding some customization capabilities to the chart. That needs a bit of clarification. Hope to see you and your team at the next Orange Summit. Best wishes!

Replied 02/08/2017