Nextiva Reviews

About Nextiva

Nextiva brings customers and teams closer by connecting conversations in one AI-powered platform. We connect businesses to all of their conversations, helping them understand their customers in real-time to create personalized...

Browse Nextiva Reviews

Nick
Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 24/04/2024

Very Happy to Find Nextiva

I found and set up the callflow for our business. Our remote team was ready to receive calls and make outgoing calls within the day.

Pros

No hardware required. Setup was easy. Upfront cost and per user cost is very reasonable. Constant improvements are made. Customer service is accessible and very helpful. User friendly platform to customize a callflow for your business.

Cons

There is a learning curve to set up the callflow. However, it's not something you need to modify often after it's done.

Aaron
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 11/04/2024

As promised

I was pleased with my overall experience.

Pros

Customer service was knowledgeable and friendly.

Cons

I am not in love with their online user interface

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

O had extremely disappointing customer service. Customer service complained about the connection of the calls using their service. I got disconnected from customer service after waiting on hold for long periods of time. Incoming phone calls got disconnect recordings. They didn't comprehend why they should credit me for the two month the phone service could receive incoming calls.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Ooma is the most difficult company to deal with
Armando
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Call Tracking

Pros

The pricing, compared to other platforms, this is always a good option for small companies with teams with no more than 10 people and at very early stages of growth.

Cons

While Nextiva is a good platform overall and it offers very decent pricing, it lacks critical functions for decision-making that can hurt some numbers in growing companies. Call tracking and being able to fully pinpoint where the action happens is a must, and Nextiva needs to work more in this area.

CallTrackingMetrics and Twilio

Top Nextiva Alternatives

• Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Nextiva makes it easy to manage seven business call flows.

Set up and deployment was very difficult at first. Had trouble porting numbers from our previous provider and provisioning our existing phones. Tech support is very knowledgeable and able to remote into my computer to assist with set up. Now that we are up and running I believe I will be very satisfied with the system.

Pros

The call flow is great. I run seven companies, fourteen phone numbers and seven different call flows. With our previous provider, I had to have seven separate accounts and logins. This made administrating the system tedious. Nextiva allows me to have one account where I can see all of my numbers, call flows, messages and user in one place. It makes things like administrating temporary alternate call routing or message changes very easy. I also like the ability to customize and tailor the system to our exact requirements.

Cons

We had quite a few issues with setup and deployment. Most of it had to do with some customization that we required. I spent about 11 hours over four days on the phone with tech support customizing caller ID, call flows, soft keys on our Ploycom phones, and provisioning of phones. The provisioning was the most troublesome. In fact, I still have one remote worker phone still not provisioned because of an incompatibility with an Xfinity Arris Gateway.

Princess
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 02/04/2024

There when you need them

I switched from another VOIP company to this one because when there was a problem, there was no one there to help me. I had phone problems and the phone company was not able to help me, I could not run a business with no phone service. since then I switched to Nextiva and I’ve never had this issue. Someone is always there to make sure I have phone service so I can run my business.

Pros

Whenever there is a problem, I call and someone is there to help me.

Cons

The application is not the easiest to deal with but it functions, and they are continuously making improvements.

• Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 03/04/2024

Phone System for the 21st Century

Lightyears ahead of the competition in terms of being user friendly

Pros

Their portal is a well thought out, state of the art software that is very user friendly.

Cons

Occasionally reaching customer service has been challenging, but most of the time they have been prompt.

MARION
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Recommend Nextiva

Pros

This system is easy to use, the connection is clear, has every feature that we need, is cost effective and customer support is excellent

Cons

There have been some price increases every year since we started with Nextiva, but it is still a very reasonable plan.

Jodi

Reviewed on 23/04/2024

Our company is highly satisfied with Nextiva Phone Systems

Fantastic! We are delighted customers.

Pros

The ease of setting it up. The professional nature of the employees at Nextiva. The cost is very reasonable.

Cons

Nothing other than plastic waste from the shipping.

Roy
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

Nextiva is great.

It has been great so far! The service has met my expectations and the customer service has been great.

Pros

Works well. Much lower price than previous provider. Customer service is also much better than previous provider.

Cons

Just need to get faxes to show up in emails.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Prior service was not good and the customer service was not good either.

RingCentral Engage Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

better rates. They gave me an offer on the new phones I couldn't refuse, plus I was able to speak a live person who helped me get everything set up, instead of emails.
Kim

Reviewed on 05/04/2024

Business Phone System

It was easy and fast and affordable. When I email the support team they get back to me right away.

Pros

I can download the Nextiva App on my cell and answer calls for the office from my cell at anytime anywhere.

Cons

I don't like setting up the call flows.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Nextiva the Good the Bad and the Fugy

The best things about working with Nextiva are
1. Our Sales Rep .
2. Amazing! HD Call quality compared to our old VoIP Service.
3. Versatility of the software.

Our Sales Rep worked his ass off for us. And had the patience of a saint with my million and one questions, and reworking the quotes to our needs over & over & over....
Over a years’ worth of questions and reworking the quote to something we could get the big boss to sign.
Let’s be realistic any time you are making this big of a change to your corporations 30+ phone network in multiple states. it will never go 100% perfectly without a hitch as much as you prepare and strive to make every preparation.
Two months before our ISP was to be installed was when we had our first glitch at the beginning of the setup process while I was on vacation with the family, and only had access to my Cell phone.
And I got the much-dreaded email from the Boss saying no-one can call in on our Toll-free phone number. We’re losing sales! What’s going on? This could be a career-ending type of event.

Our toll-free number just stopped working 2 months before the date we requested the porting to take place. I Called the sales rep. He assured me it wasn’t anything that Nextiva did.
About 15 minutes later the sales rep called me back. O’ My god it was us!
He figured out what happened and mad things happen on his end to get our phones back up temporari
He Saved my Bacon!

Pros

Ease of use to add and manage users in multiple cities and states remotely.
Ease of adding new phones or devises Like VoIP PA Speaker in the Factory. And cordless phones as a secondary phone sharing a single Ext # with a desk phone.
The old Cell Phone App. (not the new one) everyone loved this App.

Cons

1. Build Call Flow is a total Fake selling tool used to show potential customers how easy it is to configure your call flows. It’s total BS. If you call customer support to assist you in a new configuration they tell you. O that doesn’t really work anymore, we need to configure it on the back end for you. Don’t try to use it.
If it’s nonfunctional don’t try to sell me on how easy it is using it.

Suzi
Suzi
  • Industry: Semiconductors

Reviewed on 24/04/2023

Great communication tool with good customer service.

On the whole, I couldn't be happier with how well Nextiva has worked out for me. In spite of the uncommon platform troubles, I have no hesitation in recommending Nextiva to businesses who are looking for a reliable method of communicating with their customers and employees

Pros

Nextiva's support team is available 24/7/365, including holidays and after hours. Members of the support staff are knowledgeable, helpful, and polite. The best part about getting help is that they will work with you to find a solution, rather than just handing you a set of instructions that you may or may not be able to follow. The phone system and service are reliable and available at all times.

Cons

Basically nothing. Since we've been using Nextiva for years and it's served us well, I've opted to keep it for internal calls and for the advanced functionality that our business software lacks.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Suzi. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We're delighted to read your feedback - thanks for the love and if anything comes up, feel free to reach out!

Replied 27/04/2023
Jon
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

Reliability is a cornerstone of Nextiva's service.

What truly sets Nextiva apart is its unwavering dedication to call quality. Crystal-clear voice connections and a near absence of dropped calls have become the norm. This consistency is vital for maintaining a professional image and forging strong client relationships.

Pros

Nextiva doesn't just provide a service; they deliver an entire communication ecosystem. Their extensive feature set, including auto-attendants, call forwarding, and voicemail-to-email transcription, empowers businesses of all sizes. This comprehensive suite of tools has allowed my team to work efficiently, regardless of where we are located.

Cons

I have had very little issues with Nextiva.

Aaron
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 21/09/2023

Amazing VOIP service provider for small business

My overall experience with nextiva has been beyond exceptional. Any time I’ve ever had an issue or technical difficulties which most of the time it was on my end I would either call my rep, which of course I forgot to mention that above when I signed up, I was assigned a representative that whenever I had any issues I give them a call directly instead of calling the one 800 number and that was amazing, I did not have to wait around. I just gave them a call and they fix my issues.

Pros

The biggest reason why I even chose a nextiva is because of the pricing options that they have along with the features of the phone service, because there are a couple services that I looked at that charge extra for a lot of the features that next Eva has included with the relatively low pricing and it is something that is definitely 100% appreciate it But this phone service helps me separate my personal and business calls on my cell phone and the best part is it makes our small company look like a multi million dollar corporation when clients call us or even if we just need to transfer them over to a different person. It sounds very professional when I tell them I need to route their call to another Line

Cons

There’s not very many cons I do think if there was anything, of course I would wish there would be a slight cheaper option but for everything that you get with nextiva and their pricing options, it’s already at a great price so there’s not really a con but I think every company would like to see cheaper and cheaper options from different providers but again no con

Grasshopper and RingCentral Engage Voice

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

There are a lot of different reasons, but I was using the free Google voice option, which is great for not having a budget at the time but it’s impossible to separate business and personal calls. Even though you get a call on the Google voice app, it either comes through as Google voice on the caller ID, or just as a regular phone number and it’s impossible to know if it’s routing from the Google Voice app or if it’s just a personal call that was a huge downside for me and one of the major reasons I switched all of the extra features were just Benifits , but now I can’t see myself without

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

The biggest reason was price. The representative that I talked about nextiva was able to give me a really good pricing option that had way more features than RingCentral, and there were a couple of extra add-ons that I didn’t know about with RingCentral that would essentially make the pricing equal two or more than I was going to pay at nextiva, so it literally made it useless for their cheapest option in my opinion.
Cory
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 09/11/2023

Amazing Product

Overall our experience with Nextiva has been great.

Pros

What really makes any company is customer service and support. If we can't figure something out or are having issues their support team is always very quick to fix the issue and always have a good attitude.

Cons

Because we use the call center and call recording functionality some of the sites are hard to get to. Especially being a HIPAA secure account.

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

We needed a solution that was easy to use, affordable, and had cloud capabilities so our lead staff could work from home if needed.

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Their customer service and support was better than anyone else I spoke with. If I had a question they couldn't answer they either got me one by the end of the call or they scheduled a call with someone that could answer the questions.
Joseph
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 29/11/2023

Excellent Small to Medium VOIP Business Solution

Nextiva has proven to be an exceptional solution for our franchise from a VP of Technology perspective. Initially, it served as a consolidated solution, delivering not only cost savings but also a user-friendly interface. Over time, it evolved into a product offering outstanding support and customizable configurations tailored to our business needs. Additionally, we are exploring the integration of conversational AI to propel our business to new heights. In conclusion, Nextiva stands out as an excellent choice for small to medium-sized businesses and potentially extends its value to enterprises.

Pros

Easy to use, cost effective, great support and many integrations.

Cons

Could use improvements in reporting, support can get a little backed up at times and a little too much turnover of account managers.

8x8 Work

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

All previous services had poor support, high prices and not near the features Nextiva offered.
Beth

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Best Money We've Spent On Communications

It has been pretty seamless. The setup went smoothly and was pretty much taken care

Pros

The fact that it is an answer for so many of our communication needs: Phone, Fax, Crm and Texting.

Cons

The text was a little bit hard to get set up on my mobile phone.

Act! and RingEX

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Because AT&T's customer service was non-existent.

AT&T Workforce Manager

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

They were easier to do business with and the price was better for the amount of service we were receiving.
Jamie

Reviewed on 29/01/2024

Buyer Beware

0/10 when it comes to their customer service. Sketchy sales practices at best, account managers while nice tow the company line and will only offer solutions that cost you.
7/10 for the product/software--we are finding glitches within our call flows when working with tech support more often than not our call flows are interrupted due to internal updates on their side of things to the software causing our phone system to go down therefore costing us business.

Pros

With their software we were able to achieve our goals of routing calls for all 14 of our salons to one centralized location.

Cons

Their sales process is aggressive, and they try to make you move quick to sign. Read the fine print on their contracts. There is not an out if you are oversold licensing by their sales team. If you are oversold licenses by their sales team, they will try to ping you with an early removal fee. Upon seeing this we went rounds and rounds with account managers to get the extra licensing we were told we needed by the sales team removed. The process of removing the extra licensing took us from August 2023 to it finally happening in January of 2024, all the while we were being charged for those licenses. When we initially brought this to Nextiva's attention they told us that we were the ones that requested this. This wasn't true, we spoke with the sales team about our company needs/size/operations, and they told us that we needed for number of licenses. How could we know with no prior experience working with their company. We had to go through call after call/meeting after meeting/follow up email after follow up email to get some sort of resolution. In this time, we were passed through to two different account managers and had to start the process all over again. We were always waiting on "approval" from hire up. Be warned, their contracts have an auto renew clause hidden in the fine print which is a link at the bottom of the contracts not even fully explained in the contract unless you click the link.

Pat
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Nextiva VoiP Service

Overall we have had a positive experience with Nextiva. The support staff assigned to our Agency has always been very helpful and quick to respond to our issues. We have not experienced many issues with the phones but the app could use some attention.

Pros

Set up is very easy. The online Administrator Portal is very user-friendly and allows us to maintain our phone schedules as we need to, and the User Management function allows us to make changes quickly as they occur.

Cons

The Nextiva App needs more attention as we experience issues with it frequently. It's a wonderful feature when it is working properly but we see a lot of staff opting to not use it due to the issues experienced.

Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Grateful for Nextiva

So far so good. We don't expect any VOIP service to be perfect and some will have glitches. We haven't had near as many failed calls since we switched to Nextiva.

Pros

Ease of using the system, and the customer support they offer.

Cons

The mobile app will not allow me to delete voicemails.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Continued dropped calls. Technicians were not able to make calls in the field from the mobile application. The customer support was horrible to deal with and difficult to understand.

RingEX

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Pricing and ease of use. The demo was easy to understand and very knowledgeable to answer all of our questions.
Bella
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

Nextiva has improved our services!

Overall, I love Nextiva, and I really can't complain. Nextiva has improved our communications at work.

Pros

I love how we only need one phone number. The app is amazing and you can answer phones even if you are not at your desk. It also improved invoices. Before we needed so many service providers to cover all our 80 offices, and now we only need Nextiva.

Cons

While Nextiva generally provides good call quality, sometimes in certain geographic locations or with specific internet connections, I have experienced call quality issues, such as dropped calls or audio problems, but I believe that is something that also happens to other services.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Full service coms software solutions

Overall the change went quite smoothly. I was very impressed with Nextiva’s customer service from when we first began to talk to them, through to the support team we are using for question now we are using the software. All of the staff we have dealt with were professional, friendly and helpful. I think it’s the level of service that differentiates Nextiva from other service providers with similar products. We had a few teething issues with our staff as they were learning how to use the system, but we got through all the training and have been really pleased with the features of the CRM. There are a lot of features that have had a really positive impact on our staff, and now that they are comfortable with the change and the software, their feedback has been really positive. The internal wiki in particular has really helped with increasing staff knowledge and prompting them when they are helping a customer, and the internal chat is a tool that we didn’t know we needed – much easier for our staff to communicate while they are talking to customers. We used to be put customers on hold if we needed to get input from other staff members, so it’s a lot better experience for our customers now. Once we went live with the new systems, Nextiva have continued to be responsive and helpful.

Pros

When we reached out to Nextiva, we weren’t entirely sure what level of solutions we were after. We knew our phone system needed an upgrade as it was very old and starting to get unreliable, but we weren’t convinced of the benefits of a CRM system instead of the manual customer service work flows we were using. I felt like the team at Nextiva really took the time to understand our business and help us work out what we really needed. We investigated multiple options and providers, but were really happy with the suggestions that came from Nextiva and felt that out of all of the providers we talked to, their suggestions were the best fit for us and our staff. They had the services we needed, at a price we could afford. We were initially looking at purchasing new phones, but Nextiva suggested hiring them, which was the option we ended up going with. It’s cost effective, and easy to upgrade in future if required. It was good that they helped us figure out the best option for us. The CRM system is very logical and our staff have found it relatively easy to learn and use. It’s standardized our processes, and has helped our support team become more efficient. There are a lot of great tools within the system which have made their jobs easier, and we’re really impressed with the level of reporting we can get without having to perform complicated queries. It’s also good to know that there are additional functions we can add on easily later when (or if) our business requires them.

Cons

Implementation, while reasonably straightforward, was still quite a lot of work for our business and we underestimated how much effort it would be to get our staff to adapt. We had to train them on how to use new phones (all staff), and (for our customer service team) the new CRM system. There was plenty of support from Nextiva, but our customer service staff found it a struggle to balance the training requirements for the new system against maintaining high service levels for our customers. Some of our staff were quite resistant to change as had worked in our business a long time. We used the ‘super user’ approach to training; Nextiva trained a few of our staff, who then supported the roll out to the rest of the team. It went well overall, but if we were to do it again, we would probably hire temps to fill the gaps while our staff trained to help with workload management. Our old process and system were mostly manual, and so it was a big learning curve for some of our staff that didn’t have great computer skills.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Acceptable Service Experience Totally Let Down By Apps

The sales and initial implementation were fine. Shortly after activating, a tech "cleaned up" some settings in my configuration which completely disabled my service. Tech support in that case was prompt and thorough, although they never did call back as promised to make sure everything was fixed. Customer support since then has been a mixed bag. The online configuration is daunting and not something the average user should venture into. I have a computer background and still found it confusing.

The service itself (once configured properly) mostly worked fine and if you're using physical phones your experience may be different. However, I wanted to rely on the Windows and Android apps. They are functional, but not friendly. In the best cases, the apps require more steps to do things than should be necessary.

For example, to add a contact from a caller ID record in the Windows app, you have to first add the number to contacts and then edit the contact to change the name, rather than just being able to add & edit in one step. There's no way to add contacts in bulk. The Outlook plug-in is broken and simply doesn't work. It's impossible to initiate an SMS message to a new contact; you have to have the contact text you first. You can't set a default view for the app.

The online faxing is not integrated into the phone system and has a 1980s interface. The Android app has it's own problems.

Pros

The voice service, once configured properly, generally worked fine. I had some rare glitches, but not sure whether they were Nextiva's fault.

Cons

The Windows and Android softphone apps are sub-par and make no effort to make the customer's life easier. Online fax interface is clunky and out-of-date. Video conferencing is complicated. Software is cluttered with team features I don't need that I can't hide. Configuration is complex and easy to break. Can't initiate SMS texts (contact has to text you first) and no MMS texting. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Thomas, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've found the Nextiva app difficult to use at times. We want to help resolve this issue for you.

Replied 16/12/2020
Donny
Donny

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

Tricked by Nextiva

I liked Nextiva in the beginning, everything was user friendly, after about a year it started changing. They would only sell me their brand phones and they set my account to a long term and set it to autorenew. The service was unexceptable and when trying to leave the company they wanted $3000. I feel like their business plan is to lock customers into a plan with a high early termination fee and this is how they will retain business. People need to know what their getting into with Nextiva.

Pros

The dashboard was user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

We had a lot of problems with dropped calls. The Nextiva Anywhere app system just failed completely, we couldn't use it. The technical support was impossible to get on the phone and not helpful when they did get on the phone. When I tried to close my account they wanted to charge me $3000, they claimed that I auto renewed a 36 months agreement, I didn't set this account to auto renew.

8x8 Work

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Wanted to use a internet phone system

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

I read better reviews online.
Michelle

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Exceptional up time and support but administration is not for those inexperienced with VOIP

Our recent upgrade to the newest platform was very bumpy and support was contradictory to what was promised by sales. We did not have the right product mix to meet our needs and our go-live Escalation to the highest levels however was received well but still required a lot of time and technical expertise internally by our team to stabilize.

Pros

I am not the biggest Nextiva fan, however their call monitoring, call recording and analytics are helpful to managing our call center and ensuring quality service. Their support team is very knowledgeable, polite and supportive but it can take a lot of time to troubleshoot and resolve issues sometimes.

Cons

It is cumbersome to navigate and administer and often requires intervention from the Nextiva Support team. Configuration is not for easy for those not experienced in VOIP configuration. Changes are slow to update, and there are settings only Nextiva Support can correct which can be frustrating if you need to resolve an issue quickly and are at the mercy of their hold times. Configuration settings are layered by location, call flow (group), team and user so it can be tricky to track down an issue if you don't understand that. Their products are a la carte with modules for everything so finding the right product mix can be tricky as well. The lack of integration with our other systems is also an issue for us.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We appreciate your feedback, and if there's anything we can do for you, please feel free to email us at [email protected] and we'll make sure to have someone on our team follow up with you ASAP. Thank you!

Replied 11/01/2023