Nextiva Reviews

About Nextiva

Nextiva is a platform that brings communications together with business applications, intelligence, and automation. This helps businesses communicate and build deeper connections with their customers. The platform brings all...

Browse Nextiva Reviews

Sully
Sully
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/05/2023

Powerful VOIP System

Pros

The system did everything we needed it to. Never had a problem with VOIP clarity. The sales and support team were terrific. Price was steady and the equipment they provided was solid.

Cons

The setup and customer portal were a bear. There was nothing straightforward about programming an auto-attendant and I never could figure out how to set up the SMS. I had no idea how difficult their system really was until we moved our offices and had to switch to another vendor.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Sully. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review.

Replied 06/07/2023
Amy

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

VoIP that is user friendly

We are very pleased with Nextiva! As the administrator of the account, it has been easy to add new users and make adjustments.

Pros

Customer Service has been outstanding. We have had very few issues; however, when we have had problem, it has been resolved very quickly. We are using it integrated with Teams - so there is one less log in for staff.

Cons

They way we are using the system does not lend itself to pulling out the call data we had hoped to get. It is possible for an additional cost per user per month.

Jessica

Reviewed on 24/01/2024

Nextiva 2024

The app just need more work or updating.

Pros

The VOIP work great . It easy to use and manage

Cons

i have more issue on the app. We have to log out of it at least twice a day to properly use it. We cant clear phone logs. At this time i have over 1500 call and i cant clear them. I go under preference and hit clear all log and it does not work, I preform the health check and half the time it fails. Call are not able to be transfer in the app. In all if using the desk top it is great but the app really need to fix.

Top Nextiva Alternatives

Jaimee
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Great Price, Great Customer Service, Great App!

I am extremely happy with the sale experience and continued use! Lifetime customer here!

Pros

I am the owner of a growing logistics business in FL. After outgrowing Google Voice, and frustrations with another big name company out there, I was looking for a system that could grow with us as we expanded and didn't make us pay for extras that we didn't need. The sales rep. came up with the perfect plan for our small business, without trying to upsell me and without a contract! So many other companies I investigated wanted a commitment and after our bad experience with another popular company I did not want to be stuck. After 3 months of using Nextiva I couldn't be happier. My manager and I use the app on our phones and I use the app on my MacBook seamlessly. The price is right! The customer service chat is amazing! They helped to set us up and have been available to answer questions whenever we were in need. There was a little learning curve to adjust to how we do business, but it was so much easier than that other big name. Would recommend Nextiva for all your communication needs!

Cons

I like to think that I am pretty tech. savvy, but I did need help setting up our system for our team. Customer service was right there to help me though. There is also a small learning curve using the app, but you will have that with any new system you try.

Lori

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Excellent Customer Service

Since the time I signed up I was contacted with step by step instructions of what to expect, and what to do. They had someone walk me through the set up and showed me how to make changes on my own. If I had any questions with anything I had a person assigned to me [sensitive content hidden] who would email and call me regularly to make sure I was all squared away with my services.

Pros

I got to speak to a person and not a machine, AI or a bot. I real person helped me set up my system. The system is user friendly and very affordable! I got a business phone, fax and a toll free number. Texting (through the app with my business number) is also a great feature, I really wanted. and got...Yayyy.

Cons

Hmmm...The cost is too low??? Oh wait that's a pro. Never mind.

Gary
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 07/01/2024

Great Start!

We're switching from a different provider (I won't mention Vonage). Nextiva was less expensive seems to have a better solution and their customer service is worlds ahead in knowledge and their ability to communiate.

Pros

Set up was easy. Nextiva set up rep was courteous, knowledgeable and worked fast. Some edits to set were needed after initial testing. Technical support was very knowledgeable spoke clearly (HUGE plus) and listened well. They also agreed to testing changes before we got off the phone in case more adjustments were needed.

Cons

Setting up the texting capability wasn't as easy and clear cut as I understood from the sales group.

Chip
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 28/12/2023

Very pleased for many years now

Very good working with Nextiva over the last several years

Pros

Customer support was excellent and phones work great

Cons

The app is a bit clunky and can be hard to use effectively

Jeremy
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Netiva, Great to work with

Nextiva was easy to implement. The onboarding was great and we rarely have an issue. We use it daily for all of our inbound and outbound customer support.

Pros

Ease of use, call quality, and customer support are excellent

Cons

I would like to see it easier for my team to manage sms messages

Lora

Reviewed on 19/01/2024

Nextiva makes it easier.

Pros

being able to use it anywhere I am outside of the office.

Cons

call center hold time needs to be shorter.

Michele
  • Industry: Veterinary

Customization-"Great", Customer Service-"Lacking"

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and customize to what fits our business.

Cons

Nothing but issues with bill over the last year. We email customer service and we get a email saying they tried to reach us but were unavailable, which was not the case. This has happened more times than we can count.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Nextiva the Good the Bad and the Fugy

The best things about working with Nextiva are
1. Our Sales Rep .
2. Amazing! HD Call quality compared to our old VoIP Service.
3. Versatility of the software.

Our Sales Rep worked his ass off for us. And had the patience of a saint with my million and one questions, and reworking the quotes to our needs over & over & over....
Over a years’ worth of questions and reworking the quote to something we could get the big boss to sign.
Let’s be realistic any time you are making this big of a change to your corporations 30+ phone network in multiple states. it will never go 100% perfectly without a hitch as much as you prepare and strive to make every preparation.
Two months before our ISP was to be installed was when we had our first glitch at the beginning of the setup process while I was on vacation with the family, and only had access to my Cell phone.
And I got the much-dreaded email from the Boss saying no-one can call in on our Toll-free phone number. We’re losing sales! What’s going on? This could be a career-ending type of event.

Our toll-free number just stopped working 2 months before the date we requested the porting to take place. I Called the sales rep. He assured me it wasn’t anything that Nextiva did.
About 15 minutes later the sales rep called me back. O’ My god it was us!
He figured out what happened and mad things happen on his end to get our phones back up temporari
He Saved my Bacon!

Pros

Ease of use to add and manage users in multiple cities and states remotely.
Ease of adding new phones or devises Like VoIP PA Speaker in the Factory. And cordless phones as a secondary phone sharing a single Ext # with a desk phone.
The old Cell Phone App. (not the new one) everyone loved this App.

Cons

1. Build Call Flow is a total Fake selling tool used to show potential customers how easy it is to configure your call flows. It’s total BS. If you call customer support to assist you in a new configuration they tell you. O that doesn’t really work anymore, we need to configure it on the back end for you. Don’t try to use it.
If it’s nonfunctional don’t try to sell me on how easy it is using it.

Ariz

Reviewed on 14/09/2023

It's expensive, but they have really good customer service.

It's mostly just communicating with customers. The system makes it easy for us to communicate with the customers, which is exactly what we want.

Pros

It's fairly easy to use. They also have excellent customer service. Anytime we need anything, we're able to give them a call and they are able to make the adjustments or show us how to make the adjustments.

Cons

There are some features that are missing that other voice over IP services have. Specifically, notifications for text messages. Whenever customers text us, we don't get a notification in our email in the same manner that we do when they call us or leave us a voicemail. I think they're working on this functionality, but it has not been implemented yet. A lot of customers text us, and it would be great if we got a notification so that we can get back to them quickly. Also it would be nice if we were able to upload greetings that didn't have to meet the 8K HZ quality thresholds. It would be really nice if we were able to record a simple message on our phone or computer and upload it as a greeting.

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

We needed more robust functionality than Google voice was offering.

Google Voice

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

At the time, this had more functionality.

Reviewed on 28/09/2023

Nextiva Took Care of My Small Business

Really good firm and great service. I would NOT consider a change. Yes, things are less than perfect, but I have learned that even the best high tech services are flawed and to be content with the best available. I feel Nextiva is the best available, so I'm satisfied right where I am!

Pros

My small business has been using Nextiva for maybe 10 years. We are very pleased with every aspect of the company. Prior to finding Nextiva, for the first decade of our company's existence, we muddled through several smaller providers who tried their best, but in the end, failed to deliver. We tried one very large company, Comcast, which messed us up with the classic scam of promising features during the sale but then reneging at implementation. Nextiva is the perfect middle-ground. They focus on VOIP and related communications services, they're not so big that this is one fraction of their company, and they're not so small that they simply do not have the capacity to handle the constant technological upgrades necessary to maintain our heads above the high-tech water. Recently, I contacted Nextiva tech support to configure more phones for our workers and they did everything smoothly and remotely.

Cons

Our phone app for taking VOIP calls on our cell phones could be better.

Beth

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

Best Money We've Spent On Communications

It has been pretty seamless. The setup went smoothly and was pretty much taken care

Pros

The fact that it is an answer for so many of our communication needs: Phone, Fax, Crm and Texting.

Cons

The text was a little bit hard to get set up on my mobile phone.

Act! and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Because AT&T's customer service was non-existent.

AT&T Workforce Manager

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

They were easier to do business with and the price was better for the amount of service we were receiving.
Pat
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Nextiva VoiP Service

Overall we have had a positive experience with Nextiva. The support staff assigned to our Agency has always been very helpful and quick to respond to our issues. We have not experienced many issues with the phones but the app could use some attention.

Pros

Set up is very easy. The online Administrator Portal is very user-friendly and allows us to maintain our phone schedules as we need to, and the User Management function allows us to make changes quickly as they occur.

Cons

The Nextiva App needs more attention as we experience issues with it frequently. It's a wonderful feature when it is working properly but we see a lot of staff opting to not use it due to the issues experienced.

Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Grateful for Nextiva

So far so good. We don't expect any VOIP service to be perfect and some will have glitches. We haven't had near as many failed calls since we switched to Nextiva.

Pros

Ease of using the system, and the customer support they offer.

Cons

The mobile app will not allow me to delete voicemails.

ServiceTitan

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Continued dropped calls. Technicians were not able to make calls in the field from the mobile application. The customer support was horrible to deal with and difficult to understand.

RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

Pricing and ease of use. The demo was easy to understand and very knowledgeable to answer all of our questions.
Bella

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

Nextiva has improved our services!

Overall, I love Nextiva, and I really can't complain. Nextiva has improved our communications at work.

Pros

I love how we only need one phone number. The app is amazing and you can answer phones even if you are not at your desk. It also improved invoices. Before we needed so many service providers to cover all our 80 offices, and now we only need Nextiva.

Cons

While Nextiva generally provides good call quality, sometimes in certain geographic locations or with specific internet connections, I have experienced call quality issues, such as dropped calls or audio problems, but I believe that is something that also happens to other services.

• Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 07/01/2023

Worst Customer Service

BEWARE. Regret signing on with this carrier. Received equipment and many assurances of great customer service. Not so - needed assistance to complete set up since not so simple online and left on hold for more than 1/2 hour for chat (could not contact live agent). Then, in completing porting documentation was assured (have it in writing) on January 5 that porting would be done on January 11. Not so - porting was done later that same day, after hours with no other notice, and so now will be without ANY phone service for nearly a week - and told "with apologies" nothing could be done,. When tried to reach live responsible person "above" customer service agent, left on permanent hold. The worst business experience in my many years in business and plan to drop them as soon as possible.

Pros

Cannot say if they will provide good service and they ported me without notice and effectively left me with NO phone service for nearly a week! Customer "service - besides very long wait to reach every time - was hopeless and useless in response to my complaint. I expect to get their standard "sorry" response, but no satisfaction. And don't even try to reach management - put on perpetual "hold." Plan to disconnect asap and will be filing appropriate complaints with Authorities.

Cons

Have no idea. Just got and started and there will be NO service for week, putting me out of business for that time. Terrible.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Paul.

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave us your review. We are sorry to hear about your experience with our services and would love to connect and assist.

A ticket has been created on your behalf, and one of our managers will reach out to you shortly to address your feedback. Thank you.

Replied 10/01/2023
Gary

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Great VoIP

I've been very happy with their system and support.

Pros

I've used 4 other VoIP providers and was never happy, with Nextiva I've stayed with them for over 5 years and not looking to leave.

Cons

Only complaint is their voicemail is sent via email in a non-standard format, but I can easily call in via the phone and hear it easily.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/12/2018

Full service coms software solutions

Overall the change went quite smoothly. I was very impressed with Nextiva’s customer service from when we first began to talk to them, through to the support team we are using for question now we are using the software. All of the staff we have dealt with were professional, friendly and helpful. I think it’s the level of service that differentiates Nextiva from other service providers with similar products. We had a few teething issues with our staff as they were learning how to use the system, but we got through all the training and have been really pleased with the features of the CRM. There are a lot of features that have had a really positive impact on our staff, and now that they are comfortable with the change and the software, their feedback has been really positive. The internal wiki in particular has really helped with increasing staff knowledge and prompting them when they are helping a customer, and the internal chat is a tool that we didn’t know we needed – much easier for our staff to communicate while they are talking to customers. We used to be put customers on hold if we needed to get input from other staff members, so it’s a lot better experience for our customers now. Once we went live with the new systems, Nextiva have continued to be responsive and helpful.

Pros

When we reached out to Nextiva, we weren’t entirely sure what level of solutions we were after. We knew our phone system needed an upgrade as it was very old and starting to get unreliable, but we weren’t convinced of the benefits of a CRM system instead of the manual customer service work flows we were using. I felt like the team at Nextiva really took the time to understand our business and help us work out what we really needed. We investigated multiple options and providers, but were really happy with the suggestions that came from Nextiva and felt that out of all of the providers we talked to, their suggestions were the best fit for us and our staff. They had the services we needed, at a price we could afford. We were initially looking at purchasing new phones, but Nextiva suggested hiring them, which was the option we ended up going with. It’s cost effective, and easy to upgrade in future if required. It was good that they helped us figure out the best option for us. The CRM system is very logical and our staff have found it relatively easy to learn and use. It’s standardized our processes, and has helped our support team become more efficient. There are a lot of great tools within the system which have made their jobs easier, and we’re really impressed with the level of reporting we can get without having to perform complicated queries. It’s also good to know that there are additional functions we can add on easily later when (or if) our business requires them.

Cons

Implementation, while reasonably straightforward, was still quite a lot of work for our business and we underestimated how much effort it would be to get our staff to adapt. We had to train them on how to use new phones (all staff), and (for our customer service team) the new CRM system. There was plenty of support from Nextiva, but our customer service staff found it a struggle to balance the training requirements for the new system against maintaining high service levels for our customers. Some of our staff were quite resistant to change as had worked in our business a long time. We used the ‘super user’ approach to training; Nextiva trained a few of our staff, who then supported the roll out to the rest of the team. It went well overall, but if we were to do it again, we would probably hire temps to fill the gaps while our staff trained to help with workload management. Our old process and system were mostly manual, and so it was a big learning curve for some of our staff that didn’t have great computer skills.

Thomas
Thomas
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 04/11/2020

Acceptable Service Experience Totally Let Down By Apps

The sales and initial implementation were fine. Shortly after activating, a tech "cleaned up" some settings in my configuration which completely disabled my service. Tech support in that case was prompt and thorough, although they never did call back as promised to make sure everything was fixed. Customer support since then has been a mixed bag. The online configuration is daunting and not something the average user should venture into. I have a computer background and still found it confusing.

The service itself (once configured properly) mostly worked fine and if you're using physical phones your experience may be different. However, I wanted to rely on the Windows and Android apps. They are functional, but not friendly. In the best cases, the apps require more steps to do things than should be necessary.

For example, to add a contact from a caller ID record in the Windows app, you have to first add the number to contacts and then edit the contact to change the name, rather than just being able to add & edit in one step. There's no way to add contacts in bulk. The Outlook plug-in is broken and simply doesn't work. It's impossible to initiate an SMS message to a new contact; you have to have the contact text you first. You can't set a default view for the app.

The online faxing is not integrated into the phone system and has a 1980s interface. The Android app has it's own problems.

Pros

The voice service, once configured properly, generally worked fine. I had some rare glitches, but not sure whether they were Nextiva's fault.

Cons

The Windows and Android softphone apps are sub-par and make no effort to make the customer's life easier. Online fax interface is clunky and out-of-date. Video conferencing is complicated. Software is cluttered with team features I don't need that I can't hide. Configuration is complex and easy to break. Can't initiate SMS texts (contact has to text you first) and no MMS texting. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Nextiva

Hello Thomas, thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you've found the Nextiva app difficult to use at times. We want to help resolve this issue for you.

Replied 16/12/2020
Melissa
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 13/09/2023

VOIP Solution with faxing, texting, and mobile/computer apps

Nextiva has been easy to work with in the rare occasions my team needs support. The porting process to come over to Nextiva was equally as smooth. Nextiva has offered solutions that we didn't know we needed. Besides just VOIP services they have so many other complimentary and complementary offerings.

Pros

Nextiva is a great fit for our small business of 12 employees. We started using Nextiva in 10/2022. It was important to our company to have a VOIP phone system that could be used at the office and in our homes. Our company wanted versatility with our phone system post COVID to work from homes with an easy transition back into the office. We got free VOIP phones when signing our contract. They are good quality, current generation Yealink. There was also an option to bring your own VOIP phone (pending Nextiva supported it). The porting process was easy. We ported the entire office's phone numbers and fax numbers - Nextiva handled everything with a smooth transition. In addition to the VOIP phone service, we have been utilizing the other resources Nextiva offers. They have an app for our cell phones and computers so that we can take calls and make calls. We can also text from the Nextiva apps (mobile and computer) and I can screen shot/export into our client files easily. Nextiva even offered us solutions we didn't even know we needed - AutoAttendant. This is an amazing feature which allows the caller to route their own call instead of talking to our receptionist (ie. press 1 for Bob, press 2 for Larry, etc). AutoAttendant has freed up reception to work on other projects because 85% of calls that were going to her, are now getting routed to their respective parties.

Cons

We have not had any issues in the time we have been using Nextiva. No outages, no support issues, no porting issues, nothing. This was the most seamless experience in technology we ever had.

Benir

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Nextiva is my go-to choice for VOIP!

For over six years, Nextiva VoIP has been my go-to communication solution for my businesses. As a seasoned entrepreneur, I've utilized Nextiva across two ventures, and its consistent reliability, user-friendly interface, and comprehensive features have never ceased to impress me.

If you're seeking a communication solution that seamlessly integrates into your business operations, enhances customer service, and provides valuable insights for growth, Nextiva VoIP is the answer. Its user-friendly interface, comprehensive features, and exceptional reliability make it an ideal choice for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

From the initial setup to ongoing usage, Nextiva has consistently demonstrated remarkable ease of use. The intuitive interface guides users through every step, making it effortless to navigate and manage call settings, voicemail options, and even advanced features like call forwarding and auto-attendant.

Phone Routing and Auto-Attendant

Nextiva's phone routing capabilities are nothing short of exceptional. The ability to seamlessly direct calls to specific departments or individuals ensures that every interaction receives prompt attention. Additionally, the auto-attendant feature is a game-changer, greeting callers with a professional touch and directing them appropriately, even during off-hours.

Cons

While Nextiva VoIP excels in many areas, it could benefit from a wider range of integration options. This would enhance its compatibility with existing business systems and streamline workflows. For instance, integrating with popular CRM platforms would allow for seamless data exchange, saving time and effort. Additionally, integration with productivity tools like Slack or Microsoft Teams would foster collaboration and improve overall operational efficiency. Expanding its integration capabilities would undoubtedly make Nextiva VoIP an even more compelling solution for businesses seeking a versatile and interconnected communication platform.

Donny
Donny

Reviewed on 18/07/2023

Tricked by Nextiva

I liked Nextiva in the beginning, everything was user friendly, after about a year it started changing. They would only sell me their brand phones and they set my account to a long term and set it to autorenew. The service was unexceptable and when trying to leave the company they wanted $3000. I feel like their business plan is to lock customers into a plan with a high early termination fee and this is how they will retain business. People need to know what their getting into with Nextiva.

Pros

The dashboard was user friendly and easy to use.

Cons

We had a lot of problems with dropped calls. The Nextiva Anywhere app system just failed completely, we couldn't use it. The technical support was impossible to get on the phone and not helpful when they did get on the phone. When I tried to close my account they wanted to charge me $3000, they claimed that I auto renewed a 36 months agreement, I didn't set this account to auto renew.

8x8 X Series

Reasons for Choosing Nextiva

Wanted to use a internet phone system

Reasons for Switching to Nextiva

I read better reviews online.
Michelle

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Exceptional up time and support but administration is not for those inexperienced with VOIP

Our recent upgrade to the newest platform was very bumpy and support was contradictory to what was promised by sales. We did not have the right product mix to meet our needs and our go-live Escalation to the highest levels however was received well but still required a lot of time and technical expertise internally by our team to stabilize.

Pros

I am not the biggest Nextiva fan, however their call monitoring, call recording and analytics are helpful to managing our call center and ensuring quality service. Their support team is very knowledgeable, polite and supportive but it can take a lot of time to troubleshoot and resolve issues sometimes.

Cons

It is cumbersome to navigate and administer and often requires intervention from the Nextiva Support team. Configuration is not for easy for those not experienced in VOIP configuration. Changes are slow to update, and there are settings only Nextiva Support can correct which can be frustrating if you need to resolve an issue quickly and are at the mercy of their hold times. Configuration settings are layered by location, call flow (group), team and user so it can be tricky to track down an issue if you don't understand that. Their products are a la carte with modules for everything so finding the right product mix can be tricky as well. The lack of integration with our other systems is also an issue for us.

Response from Nextiva

Hello, Michelle. Thank you for taking the time to leave us your review. We appreciate your feedback, and if there's anything we can do for you, please feel free to email us at [email protected] and we'll make sure to have someone on our team follow up with you ASAP. Thank you!

Replied 11/01/2023