About Insightly

Insightly is the modern, affordable CRM that teams love. It’s easy to use, simple to customize, and scales with companies as they grow, solving common pain points that legacy CRMs can't. Insightly helps teams build and convert...

3.9
3.8

Browse Insightly Reviews

Susan

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Replied 16/08/2019
Joshua
  • Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/12/2019

Brings all record-keeping together

We have only been using Insightly for a couple of weeks, but overall I've liked it a lot. Prior to using Insightly, we were manually note-taking in Word documents for each client. Each time that a lead was converted, we then had to go and update everything. Now that we are able to integrate all of our notes, contacts, emails, etc. into one system, the workload has drastically lightened.

Pros

The thing that I like most about Insightly is that it allows me to document everything from start to finish with each customer. For example, if I send an email to a lead/customer, all I have to do is add that as an attachment in Insightly and I can go back at any time and see anything that was linked with that particular person. This helps track progress when passing off to other team members, too. In a sense, Insightly brings all of the "record-keeping" together and puts in one simple platform.

Cons

The project management function is pretty basic. Unlike a couple other CRM software that I've tested, Insightly does not offer many of the graphical views that the others do. Being someone who has an easier time seeing data in the visual realm, this was a feature that I wished Insightly would add.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Salesforce was not transparent in their pricing. Also, my colleague told me that she heard Salesforce is difficult to set up.

Response from Insightly

Hi Joshua! Thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Replied 30/12/2019
Iain

Reviewed on 05/10/2016

Long time user verging toward long-suffering user

This is a product I wanted to like so much. We have been using Insightly for many years. We were attracted to it because it combined CRM and Project Management. Over the years they have improved the CRM aspect, but have left PM virtually untouched. Their support is haphazard and they often introduce new *features* which cause problems - like the day Google Contact Sync stopped working, or the day Google Contact Sync started duplicating contacts in Google etc. Because we signed up so long ago, we have an excellent pricing model. If we were paying more I would be really dissatisfied.

Oh and they are just appalling at sharing their product roadmap. It's like driving a manual shift car as the mechanic is fitting new gears as you speed up.

Pros

Great CRM and Pipeline Management out the box!
Contact Syncing for Google is great - despite minor issues.
Good simple project lists.
Links nicely to Mailchimp and Xero.

Cons

Very very poor project management. You will need to use other packages for almost anything. No resource management. No Gantt charts. No visibility.

Email integration is rudimentary. Task integration is non-existent.

No Office 365 contact synchronisation.

Response from Insightly

Thanks for the feedback. I'll pass this on to our product team because all feedback helps us improve. With regards to exposing our product road map -- it's common that privately held companies do not make their product road map public. If you have specific questions on features please send an email to [email protected] and we can let you know if they are on the roadmap. Thanks.

Replied 09/10/2016

Top Insightly Alternatives

Michelle
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Allows us to grow into our needs

Great! It suits our needs perfectly.

Pros

It can be used in simple form or allows us to enable more features as our needs grow.

Cons

There are certain limitations with customizability, but Insightly often addresses these and rolls out features updates.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Insightly

Cardscan was outdated and no longer able to flex to our needs

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Since we don't use a traditional sales pipeline, insightly's system allowed us to either utilize or not utilize certain features. All other systems continued to push us into a traditional sales pipeline process.
Tarek

Reviewed on 10/10/2021

Insightly : a good option to start with cloud based CRMs for Small businesses

Insightly helps entrepreneurs and small businesses like most of our clients to get to the digital space and excel in no time. As a Technology expert, I highly recommend it to entrepreneurs beginning with tech and online platforms for their business.

Pros

Insightly Helps small and mid business manage their leads and projects online, through a fully fledged cloud based tool that provides an abundance of smart features, including customer insights from internet sources, and structured project/opportunity management platform.

Cons

It is probably requiring some advanced knowledge from our end, but integrating Insightly with e-mail services, social media and other 3rd parties seemed to be complex. We've been using Insightly in its early times, and I'm sure that things went better afterwards with the continuous improvements by Insightly amazing teams.

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

In its first launch, Insightly shown more functions for small businesses that attracted me, especially for individuals with no previous experience of online software CRMs. Nevertheless, each of the other competitors on the market has its competitive advantage, and addresses the needs of a particular niche. Each consumer needs to know first what features make sense to their business before choosing a CRM.
Nezar
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 25/07/2019

Effective and Affordable

Overall for small or medium size sales organizations, this is a great vehicle to ensure all opportunities are documented and tracked. Scheduling follow up ensures that communication errors are mitigated and the email templates support marketing initiatives.

Pros

The software offers many free features that others charge. It is excellent for a small business on an operational budget but can easily enhance when necessary. Automated marketing email templates are effective and easy to use. The system also integrates well with other marketing products. The dashboard gives a snapshot of your sales opportunities and the user can customize.

Cons

Documenting phone call attempts and connects take too many steps. The Task portion is a bit complicated and again requires too many steps.

Pipedrive, Nimble and Bitrix24

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

More enhanced features are included without additional costs.

Response from Insightly

Hi Nezar,
Thank you for the feedback!!!

Replied 16/08/2019
Jaysen
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 11/10/2022

Great easy to use CRM

Overall the company is very responsive to suggestions and fast with technical support. The price is better than some other larger CRM platforms out there. For a small to medium sized organization this enables you to focus on your business and not on tons of technical resources to support.

Pros

Unlike some CRM platforms that require robust training or certifications to customize to meet your business needs, Insightly is very easy to use platform. Implementation is a breeze with customer success managers who dive in to help understand your business and how the platform can be leveraged.

Cons

They are a great company to work with for your CRM and business needs.

Salesforce Platform

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

The price. Ease of implementation. The Insightly team was always able to help with any questions. Setup and Billing is very easy.

Reviewed on 27/06/2022

Scalable CRM platform for businesses of all sizes

Insightly has been a beneficial addition to our sales and marketing efforts allowing us to easily store our contacts, leads, and projects in one platform.

Pros

I really like how Insightly can be customized and scaled to fit the needs of the business. We are a mid size company and other CRMs were too robust and complicated. Insightly is just right.

Cons

I think it is kind of expensive per user. I would like to see a lower monthly cost per user.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Insightly

Insightly was the right sized product for us and our needs. Salesforce was too expensive and had to many features we didn't need.
Clayton

Reviewed on 20/08/2016

Google Sync Does Not Work

Google Sync does not work for events. If you enable it historic events disappear from insightly. If you need to know who attended events (meetings, seminars, courses, etc) in the past then this is pretty serious. We've reported it to support and they've told us it has been fixed twice. It has not.

You can also not export / import events records.

We also find insightly slow to load. This is presumably because we are based in the UK.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and good if you are a startup / small uncomplicated business. The google mail integration and auto contact creation is a real time saver.

Cons

Google Sync does not work as advertised. You cannot export / import event data.
Insightly feels slow. Expensive for what you get.

Response from Insightly

Sorry that Google contact sync is not meeting your expectations. We offer Google contact sync and Google calendar sync:

Typically with sync functionality you can't import data into the process. Feel free to send your support ticket number to [email protected] and we can look into your ticket/request with our support team.

If you feel that our pricing is too expensive, feel free to use our free account - there's never a better price than free!

Replied 22/08/2016
Nicola

Reviewed on 12/10/2022

Good tool but lack of integration with other business processes

Pros

It allowed to store information in one place and have it homogeneous across the country

Cons

It can hardly be connected with other tools used internally - Google sheets

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

Aaron

Reviewed on 05/07/2019

OMG!!!

My business wouldn't run without it. I have too much to keep track of and it now stays all in one place.

Pros

Everything! There is so much here that makes things so much more organized! I have a virtual assistant that keeps it updated and I just roll through every day and continue with the projects. I'm in the field and upload pictures in real time that tie together. Projects run smoothly with all of the contact info for all of my subcontractors is right there in the project. My favorite feature is that insightly creates a unique email for every entry and I can CC: that email address whenever I email a client or subcontractor and it automatically stores under that entry. I can link projects to contacts and files and notes, and organizations. I can't say enough about this software!
Oh yeah, automations and auto creation of tasks based on stages in the project. I create activity sets that automatically create and assign tasks with start dates and due dates with the click of a button. SUCH A TIME SAVER!
Integration with my Google Drive, integration with my calendar, integration with my Quickbooks, integration with...... ..... ......

Cons

It has so much to offer that it can be a bit overwhelming to set up, but they offer a setup service. It works just great.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Insightly - Punching above its weight

We manage our business in Insightly and integrate it via their API into other systems. As such it is a real boost to our productivity.

Pros

We have been using Insightly for many years and have seen it grow. While there is now a lot of very advanced functionality on it, the application is still simple and intuitive to use. It still appeals to small businesses but at the same time has a lot of functionality that you would expect on a much larger CRM system. For example it is possible to create custom objects and pages in order to adapt Insightly to your business' needs. There is a an API that allows for integrations with other applications and a workflow module to apply longer running processes.

Cons

Insightly started out targeting smaller businesses but can see the value in larger paying clients. As such the development contributions made to the lower tier subscriptions appear to be lacking. There has been a lot of new functionality aimed at the higher subscriptions whereas a few smaller but obvious wins have been ignored. This irritates the longer term loyal but smaller client base.

Kevin

Reviewed on 08/10/2016

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.

Pros

Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Cons

Whenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member availability and for scheduling. It also prevents other scheduling app integrations from functioning properly.

Tasks are simply Events that don't have a start and end time. Events should act just like Tasks and be reported the same way. A simple solution is to scrap Events altogether and simply take the code used to create beginning and ending times on Events and apply that to Tasks as an option. The Task reports and all its functionality are great. Events is a little better, but generally poor. It's not needed if the features of Events are simply added to Tasks. This would make managing tasks and events in projects incredibly easy and much better than now. Right now, you have to use another program to manage simple workflows because this is so inadequate and inflexible. To fix this and make it far better only requires a couple of simple tweaks.

Project management is not great.

They haven't figured out the advantages of drag and drop.

Reviewed on 10/06/2018

CRM software that promises ease of use, but just can't seem to deliver

Insightly's CRM software has been essential for our sales reporting and tracking requirements.

Pros

The dashboard interface is convenient and graphically easy to navigate, and it is an attractive interface. Some of the sections are simple and understandable by anyone first using the software.

Cons

It is difficult to generate reports unless those reports have been pre-configured. To generate a new report requires a substantial amount of input in fields which are not easy to understand. Though the dashboard is easy to understand and navigate, many of the other opening pages are not. And it offers some very confusing pop-ups, such as in "Projects" it asks you to "Check out the Kanban view for projects" without explanation of what exactly the "Kanban" is. Additionally, if you enter a sales lead, it is very difficult to convert it to an "opportunity." Also, when you create a new contact and associate it with an existing company or account, you wold expect it to give you the option of importing the account's address and phone numbers to the new contact's fields -- but it doesn't, and you have to enter those again. Finally, I do wish there were more "help" menus (question marks) surrounding some of the entry fields that you could click for an instant explanation or guide.

Tim

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

Insightly was my runner up when picking a CRM. The automation looked awesome.

What I wanted to do would be more work in Insightly, but for a lot of businesses, this one is it.

Pros

Insightly is a great contender in the small business CRM market. I had looked at many others (there are a TON of CRM out there), basing my criteria on integration with accounting software, ease of managing client information, and ease of managing client projects. Unfortunately, none of the CRM I looked at has strong integration into the accounting software that I ultimately went with. Insightly seems to have some great automation to help out with managing projects, but where it got beat out was the managing of client information. Since a lot of my business is conducted through social media, another software beat it in ease of integration with those applications.

Cons

As with some of my other reviews, I don't find much not to like with Insightly. It does what it does very well, it just isn't as integrated into social media as some of it's competitors. If I were doing less prospecting and research on clients- such as if I had a business where people were coming to me to get something made or repaired, then Insightly would be the winner. As it is, I spend most of my day finding prospects to put in the pipeline, and that would be more work with this product.

Jackie
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 06/12/2018

InSightly for Non-Profit Use

Pros

Easy user interface
The InSightly University provides lots of quick, well made instructional videos
Free for a limited number of users
Great for tracking grants, related documents, & timelines

Cons

If you have over a certain number of records the platform begins to charge a fee - this would be fine if there was an easy way to delete "records". For example, if I'm working on a grant that is finite and generates 200 "records" -- if I only desire to keep the final project and do not need the records generated along the way; I have to go in and delete each one. As a non-profit with a relatively small budget, this is a great tool, but is too time-consuming to go back and individually delete. Right now, we are a small growing non-profit. I would pay for this service eventually but cannot do so at this time. So freeware platforms will end up with my business now where InSightly delivers on quality - affordability isn't there.

Eliot

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Good CRM for small business. Easy to use - Easy to import lists

Pros

I've using Insightly for years. It is a very easy process to import prospect lists. Since I am the main user in my organization I've been able to use the basic functionality without needing the reporting and audit capabilities.

Easy to cc outgoing mails to the prospect listing.

Simplicity is the biggest benefit for Insightly. Anyone can import without needing IT support. Search function is incredibly simple. Setting follow up is a click and done.

Cons

If I don't set up a next step or follow up for a prospect, it is easy to lose track of the prospect forever.

I don't use the formal opportunity function as I found it easier to keep track of progress by setting unique follow up listings.

Katy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 09/12/2014

Insightly - great offering

I've been trialling Insightly and Solve360.

I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.

Pros

Unlimited storage
Intuitive
Great gmail gadget

Cons

Falls short of full webmail integration
Only 25 custom fields - too few for my liking and no ability to have subsets of custom fields
No ability to share a project with a client

Response from Insightly

Hi --

Thanks for the feedback. I just have a couple questions. What is your use case that requires more than 25 custom fields? I ask just because for most of our customers 25 custom fields is plenty.

Also I don't quite understand what this means 'contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need.' I'm not sure if you are applying a tag at the contact level or the field level.

At this time, we don't have the ability to share a project to your customers via a portal.

With regards to manipulating your gMail, did you check out the Insightly gadget which works with Google Apps gMail?

If you would like to discuss further or would like additional clarification, please feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks

Replied 09/12/2014
Joel
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/07/2019

Easy-to-Use Customer Relationship Management System

Pros

What I like most about this software is that it is an easy-to-use customer relationship management (CRM) system and also offers project management. What makes this software even better is that they offer a free version for business and individuals that only need 1 to 2 users. They begin to charge, per user, above their free 2 users.

Cons

There's not much not to like about this software.

Response from Insightly

Hi Joel, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Replied 12/08/2019
John David

Reviewed on 07/03/2018

Very powerful tool. Must be setup correctly and is only as good as the data you have in it.

It helped us to solve a problem that no other software was able to solve.

Pros

We wanted a tool that would be very easy to for our sales team to implement. It needed to be something that would require a lot of training and that they would actually be able to use. Insightly is a tool that is easy to use and doesnt have alot of extra bloat that we don't need.

Cons

Insightly is only as good as the data you put into it. Without high quality data going into the system and you have set it up correctly (meaning you have set it up how its meant to be used) Insightly becomes hard to use/useless. This is true of any system but unfortunately there are not good way to "Idiot Proof" the system so bad data cannot be entered. There is also a slight learning curve for this software to fully get users into and integrated with the software.

Dave
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

HORRIBLE experience with Insightly.

We've been looking around for a new system for the past few months. Insighly has a lot of great features but we've run into way too many problems using it.

Pros

* CRM and project management together in the same application

* Easy navigation between clients, leads, tasks, etc

* User-friendly interface

Cons

Far too many features are missing and it seems like Insightly just isn't in a hurry to make the necessary features available such as:

* Can't send HTML emails from within Insightly. It's 2016 -- HTML email has been around for a long time. It's so hard to believe that this isn't a priority for them.

* Can't PRINT any of the data from within Insightly. This is a necessary feature for our company (and I'd think for ANY company). What good can our data do for our company if it can't be printed out?

* There always seems to be some kind of bug with the Google calendar integration. Items appear as one date inside of Insightly and another date inside Google Calendar.

* Cost of service is ridiculously overpriced when compared to the basic functionality that is missing. Cost of $35/month per user means that it could cost us $350/month to migrate our team to Insightly -- we simply CAN NOT JUSTIFY SPENDING $4200 per year on a system that isn't fully functional.

* SLOW, SLOW, SLOW customer service / tech support. I reported an issue last September and I received a notification 7 months later that it has been resolved. Why do simple fixes take so long?

* They do NOT listen to what their customers want and instead choose to roll out new "features" that no one was asking for in the first place. We want HTML email and we want to be able to PRINT. Why is that so hard to do?

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

This CRM had all the features we were looking for

Insightly was a great CRM for our team. We used the software for over 2 years with no major issues. More expensive solutions may be available but the value addition may need to be looked at.

Pros

Insightly has all the features that a small sales team could ever need to run efficiently. It was the first CRM we used and most of us had no trouble getting started. It was a breeze to extract the reports The email integration also helped save a lot of time.

Cons

The solution could do with some of the features like auto-population of leads social media information and auto-recommend while filling up sections like the city in the lead information. The email integration could also be improved. perhaps it could also pull details like phone number and address that were mentioned in the email

Noah
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 07/04/2015

Insightly's Information Management System Increases Efficiency

Pros

By linking organizations, contacts, and emails with opportunities, Insightly saves users a ton of time searching for contact information, company information, or your past correspondence. Insightly is also highly customizable for various different kinds of businesses. Its features can be changed to mirror practically any kind of preexisting organizational system. Lastly, Insightly's search function allows users to quickly look up contact information, sent emails, and other information.

Cons

Insightly automatically links your associated social media sites to your account. If you sign up with your gmail address, for example, anything linked to your chrome account will show up on your Insightly account. This is great if you want to get your name out there on Twitter or other sites, but can also result in users unintentionally showing personal accounts to coworkers and clients.

Reviewed on 08/12/2018

Insightly CRM

It's a nice tool which accuartly shows our team where clients are in the pipeline. The CRM is useful. Cost is prohibitive for us to get our entire firm on the system, so we've started tracking client data in our project management platform.

Pros

We use this platform to track prospective clients and our sales pipeline. We then use custom reports to generate a weekly pipeline report that our team reviews. It's nice that it's a completely customizable CRM, that is pretty easy to use. It's one of the few platforms that we haven't replaced in our firm in the past 5 years, which is saying alot.

Cons

When we set up the system, I don't think we accounted for certain reporting limitations based on customized fields, which has resulted in a very fragmented export / reporting process for us. For example, contacts and organizations aren't linked in an export, so I have to do a vLookup to get a client list by organization. Quite a pain, but I'm guessing it was our own doing.