About RXNT

RXNT’s integrated suite of EHR, Practice Management, and Medical Billing software optimizes clinical outcomes and revenue management and includes free setup, training, and ongoing support. RXNT’s affordable pricing is predictable,...

Browse RXNT Reviews

Sidney B.

Reviewed on 02/10/2016

Future Market

I am an 80 year old physician with nearly 50 years of practice and a career that included having been an Assistant Prof of Medical Computer Science at Yale in 1970 - 1980 My mentor Shannon Brunjes MD, said to me in 1969 "When medical and IT people get together they will just want to automate the status quo." That prophesy has turned out to be more true that we imagined. RxNT suffers from that truth only in a few small ways that come with the scarce wiggle room of an application so central to medicine as prescription writing. RxNT does every thing - just about - possible to tame the chaos that has existed in prescription writing where the standards have so often been really messy in the status quo. Three cheers for that. On the other hand the status quo in medicine is changing. Name-it, blame-it, tame-it prescription pad medicine is giving way to choices doctors and patients are making for what we call Functional or Integrative medicine where prescriptions are more and more aimed at the individual and less at the disease. Such prescriptions are more likely to be compounded and may include fewer pharmaceuticals and favor other strategies that will be much more effective in favoring Nature's buoyant impulse toward healing.They, therefore, belong right up there with drugs in the documents that doctors use to communicate with doctors. (see Cons below)

Pros

Once I got the hang of it - thanks to Morgan Deitz - i find the program so much better than what I have had for prescribing that its incomparable.

Cons

Doctors who belong to my Functional or Integrative tribe will, when using RxNT find themselves frequently visiting the Utilities /Medication Management feature very often to build up their own list of prescriptions that are both different by more tailored than RxNT's "behind the counter" selections. Your marketing will benefit from feedback from the data showing that kind of use and your staff will need to find ways to get access to those selections without sending them out behind the Utilities wood pile to an interface that should be easier to use especially when it comes to generating sigs that can be more easily re-used for, say, compounded HRT mixtures of E2, E3, DHEA, Pregnenolone, Progesterone and Testosterone. This can be done without scaring conventional doctors but it will take some finesse on the part of your design team to protect conventional eyes averted from nutrients and nutriceutcals.
On another point the notion that prescription drugs are real medicine and the other stuff is questionable at best or the devil's work at worst will be fading in the coming generation of doctors who will welcome the idea that every thing in the patient's plan deserves the title of "prescription" so. The special status of prescription drugs is understandable when it comes to controlled substances. It should be understood as "special" with respect to many other pharmaceuticals because they are dangerous. Natural substances are often much stronger in the sense of promoting healing and should have a status on your website (some day) that is consistent with that reality. The fact that your checklist does not include Functional Medicine or Integrative Medicine or Functional/Integrative Medicine for "Industry" (which is weird as a header for what is mostly a list of specialties) should be corrected. There are lots of us out here and more coming. At the very least it would be a good marketing tool to know about what we do.

Stratton S.
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

Great Software

Good customer support

Pros

Ease of use and implementation of software.

Cons

Nothing, so far. Still early in the process.

athenaOne

Reasons for Choosing RXNT

Left practice

eClinicalWorks

Reasons for Switching to RXNT

Cost
Cassandra L.

Reviewed on 16/11/2020

Nothing that can't be fixed

Any issues I have had was easily fixed by contacting RXNT, and they always followed up to ensure the problem was fixed before they closed a ticket. They are prompt and courteous on handling any issues that may arise.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and there are minimal glitches in the system. There are many helpful topics that can aid you on your way through the system. I love the way you can actually chat with someone online rather than have to call and wait for hours before someone finally picks up the phone.

Cons

The only real issue I seem to notice is the way it will duplicate a patients information making the patient have two profiles. If the patient has a profile in the system and this rarely happens, and you try to update their information, it will sometimes duplicate the patient making them have the old information in the system and the new information. Also, it seems as if the patients phone numbers get altered some sort of way without us touching them. Again, this rarely happens.

Top RXNT Alternatives

InSync Healthcare Solutions

TriMed Complete

April R.

Reviewed on 03/07/2017

The best experience to date!

My sales representative, Kelsey is the best sales professional I have ever worked with. I've been using the prescribing software for many years and Kelsey has always been responsive in a prompt manner and quickly resolved any problems I experienced.

Pros

The prescribing software is the best I've ever used. The prescribing software is easy to use and very efficient. During the early stages when electronic prescribing became a requirement in my state, my sales representative, Kelsey was instrumental in resolving problems with my token. When my token was not working,, Kelsey quickly made arrangements for another token to be mailed to me. She made sure the process was seamless. Kelsey has always made herself available to answer my questions without having to play phone tag which is what I experienced with other problems vendors.

Cons

I wish the manual for the medical records portion was more detailed. I am still struggling with finding the time to schedule a tutorial but am so satisfied with the prescribing software that I am determined to schedule a tutorial so I can begin using it fit all of my patients. .

Rebecca B.

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Hands of bedside use.

I have been really frustrated, but after reaching out to the customer service for the company and talked to Melanie, she was able to help me manage things better.

Pros

Works well on mobile devices, and is easy to learn to use.

Cons

It is difficult to manage to set ranges for the medications we use routinely.

Katresa M.

Very easy-to-use

The over all experience is pretty good.

Pros

The product is very easy to use. I can access different products without losing what I'm working on.

Cons

Just small things like the faxes. Not sure if there is an option to refax, but that would be nice. Also, the ability to print or see the timestamp on the actual on the coversheet.

Joanna C.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

ONLY USING THE EPRESCRIBE FEATURE

AND THE TECH SUPPORT IS FABULOUSLY QUICK AND PLEASANT AND EFFECTIVE.

Pros

WAY WAY BETTER/EASIER THAN WRITING SCRIPTS BY HAND...THE BEST FEATURE IS THAT PRESCRIPTIONS YOU WRITE ARE ACCESSIBLE FOR REVIEW...AND THAT YOU CAN CHECK ON THE SITE FOR ALL THE MEDICATIONS YOU HAVE PRESCRIBED FOR A PATIENT [VALUABLE FOR CASES IN WHICH MANY DIFFERENT MEDS HAVE BEEN TRIED IN THE PAST].

Cons

IT WOULD BE GREAT IF IT COULD COST LESS...BUT IT'S SO GOOD I WOULD NEVER GO BACK [ACTUALLY, IN MY STATE, EPRESCRIBING IS MANDATORY].

Kirk D.

Reviewed on 23/04/2017

RxNT

I've utilized several billing packages over the years in my private medical practice. More recently, we started with Kareo and it was problematic. While searching for e-prescribing solutions I came across RxNT and we enrolled for the entire package. My biller--who has experience with many systems--loves the system. Kareo just about broke the practice as it took 3 months to get enrolled with Medicare. With Kareo, it's taken 2-3 weeks. Customer service is outstanding; when submitting a problem you will generally get an answer the same day and often within an hour or two.

Pros

Easy of use
Customer service
Price

Cons

The EMR is a bit cumbersome but we will be using another system. But for PM RxNT has been terrific.
e-Prescribing software prohibitively expensive if looking to integrate with other software

Kathryn L.

Reviewed on 08/11/2017

We have been pleased with our use of RxNT in our Community Behaivoral Health Clinic.

Pros

They have a lot of templates that you can choose from, or you can have them made one for you, or just change something that may already be a template that you do not need.

Cons

We do not have signatures pads yet, and have to scan in documents like treatment plans that the patient has to sign.

Brenda S.

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Rxnt used in orthopedic practice

Great product

Pros

User friendly and the flow makes sense to end user. Tabbing and arrow up and down great time savers

Cons

More tabbing instead of mouse click while posting charges and pymts is needed for mandatory fields but is totally workable as is

Amber B.

Nursing

It’s a great app.

Pros

Easy to use. I like that it saves previous entries to make my job easier.

Cons

Sometimes I have to scroll through hundreds of meds to find the one I want. The search bar doesn’t show up unless you are exact word for word.

Stephen L.

Reviewed on 25/01/2021

I use this software for controlled substance prescribing

This has enabled me to comply with state requirements to have all controlled substances sent in electronically. My patients really appreciate the convenience and not having to hang on to a hard copy prescription. Eliminates any chance of stolen or diverted prescriptions

Pros

It works nearly seamlessly. My own EHR wanted to charge an exorbitant amount to add the feature and their marketing folks never even returned my call. The RXNT folks were GREAT to work with and it has become a feature of my limited practice

Cons

Nothing comes to mind - it works fine for my needs

Susan W.

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Great E prescription and ECP. EMR not so great.

Pros

I can’t say how easy the e prescribing program on RxNT has become. It’s so simple and intuitive- there are not long lists to go through as I have seen in other apps.

Cons

I have not found the EMR to be user friendly. I probably need to have them come out and do another demo- because it’s been difficult enough that I avoid using it and rationalize written notes.

Denise C.

Reviewed on 31/10/2016

SO much easier than writing a prescription by hand!

RxNT is very user-friendly. It is easy to customize and you know right away that your prescription was sent electronically to the pharmacy.

Pros

Easy to learn; easy to use; makes sending Rxs very quick and easy.

Cons

Occasionally "kicks you out" and shuts off while you're in the middle of sending an Rx; this doesn't happen too often. Also, many times when I add a pharmacy to my favorites, although I get a message saying it was added, when I go to retrieve it from my favorites, it is not there. I have started adding it twice, which seems to have solved the problem.

Ray R.

Reviewed on 12/12/2016

I don't miss paper prescription pads

RxNT works well with our EHR program and has streamlined the prescribing process. I am glad we did it, and would never want to go back to scribbling on paper.

Pros

Links with EHR

Cons

In our EHR each time you renew it shows up on the drug list. This is nice because you can see when it was renewed last. However you end up with a long list of drugs filled with repeats. It would be nice if it listed the specific drug once but could still show you when it was started and the renewal frequency.

Richard M.

Reviewed on 24/10/2016

Excellent customer service

Last year there were some growing pains but these issues have been addressed and the staff actually seemed concerned and we're diligent in working through the growth process.

Pros

It is easy to use and the notes read well and build on each other.

Cons

Have been hoping for a tab for past medical history and for past surgical history and for pharmacy like tab for family history as we have been told it has been in production

Frederick F.

Reviewed on 19/03/2017

Love it!!

Initially concerned about NYS not allowing written rx's, I now love the ability to use mobile phone prescription writing quickly and efficiently.

Pros

Ease of use, finding pharmacy info especially in other states.

Amanda M.

RXNT

love using it, really easy and get my scripts done in less than 3 min.

Pros

Working as OnCall overnight RN for hospice this is a wonderful software for when I need to get meds sent ASAP for our patients.

Cons

some glitches with trying to send from time to time.

Theodore M.

Reviewed on 13/06/2016

Exceptional ease of use and great support service!

Pros

It efficiently does its job consistently and any repair or breakdown is quickly attended to

Cons

Really nothing. I have no complaints

Ceri H.

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Very pleased with RxNT!

I had to choose an eprescribe program due to NY State requirements. I was quite reluctant to do so. RxNT was recommended by my local APA chapter. Since working with RxNT, I have been very pleased with the program. It is user friendly and fast.

Pros

User friendly overall. Fantastic and speedy support.

Cons

When I select a pharmacy for a new patient, unless I input a prescription right away, I need to select the pharmacy from my Favorites list.

Judie J.

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

great product for the money

RXNT provides a great product and the support staff is very helpful and knowledgeable.

Pros

E- prescribing system is an A plus system and has the ability to review claims/prescriptions completed by other physicians.
New scheduling system has state of the art features and has the ability to notify patients of pending appointments

Cons

Quality Data system is always behind.

J anthony H.

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

RxNT: Best e-prescribing program

I really liked the eprescribing of controlled substances function on RxNT. Unfortunately, I am no longer a subscriber to RxNT and I am forced to use eClinicalWorks. I was using RxNT alongside of eClinicalWorks, but the medical director stopped me from doing that. (eClinicalWorks stinks as an e-prescribing program.)

Pros

EPCS

Cons

I use only the e-prescribing function.

Susan W.

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

I find RxNT EHR user unfriendly (I love the prescription software!)

Pros

Easiest prescribing software I’ve found, I wish it had other features to match. It allows me to write in dosages and directions for medications, rather than choosing from an endless list that have only minor differences from each other.

Cons

EHR is difficult to use. It does not have an app, The UI is not friendly. I easily get led into administrative notes, and I have found it very difficult to customize my templates.

Malachy C.

Reviewed on 24/07/2019

Positive utilization RxNT in start up Psychiatric Practice

Scheduling is quick, EHR is comprehensive, E RX is great! Learning billing in progress.

Pros

Customer support each RxNT team member shared their expertise in a logical understandable manor.

Cons

No problem to report. Still learning billing, utilizing E RX, EHR, E Scheduling, with confidence each work day.

Ricardo B.

Reviewed on 06/11/2017

Terrible experience - put your money somewhere else!!!

None - I went back to my prior Electronic Health Records provider.

Pros

Customer Support tries to provide: the product is not good, so they are essentially trying to do their best with the poor quality of the product. They really try, though...

Cons

Work-flow is a disaster. If you need to look back at information to complete a current page, you have to lose what you've done in order to go back. Back arrows don't work - system freezes. If you are in one area of the system (Clinical, for example) and remain idle in another (Scheduler, for example), the idle area will throw you off the system and require you to sign in again and again, even though you're still in system. Prescribing is a PAIN.