About HelpCrunch

HelpCrunch is a customer communication platform combining live chat, email marketing automation and a help desk in one solution. The solution helps support, sales and marketing teams to acquire, convert leads and support their...

Browse HelpCrunch Reviews

Louis M.
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/09/2021

Excellent chatbot affordably priced

Positive! Especially the customer support

Pros

It's affordable & the customer service was excellent. I had all my questions answered within 24 hours even though I was only on a free trial version.

Cons

As someone with zero tech background it took me two days to implement the code into my website. This is more a reflection of me than the software, it truly is plug and play I am just terrible with all things tech related.

Andrew R.
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Web software ok. Mobile app non-functional. Service non-existent

Refused to allow me to cancel, even though I attempted to do so on the renewal date, and even though their app isn't working, so I can't respond to customers through the app. They suggested that I could enable email notifications - completely negating the point of instant response.

Pros

It was reasonably easy to install, although took a while to configure.

Cons

Mobile app didn't work, so when I did get enquiries I wasn't able to respond, making it look like I didn't respond to my customers.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Andrew! We really appreciate your review. Indeed there were some issues with the mobile apps in the last few weeks which a very small part of our customers have, unfortunately, experienced. You were one of them.

We do realize that this has affected your communication with customers and your business. We're terribly sorry for that and just wanted to let you know that we listen to all the feedback and try to react asap. We're rolling out a new update already this week which is aimed to dramatically improve both iOS and Android apps performance and overall user experience, fix the issues you've experienced + provide some new exciting features.

We really hope you'll be able to try out the updated apps. Our team would be looking forward to your feedback! Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us at any time. Take care!

Replied 29/07/2020
Petr P.

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

Itegrated cost effective solution very suitable for SMB

Pros

Great integrated solution suitable for SMB, easy to deploy and manage, no complicated ticketing system and features uselfull only for enterprices.
Knowledge base and chat integrated in one solution.
KB default design is modern and nice, not necessary to customize too much (compared to Freshdesk for example).
Full KB/chat customization is included (Freshdesk will ask you additional up to 40 USD).

Cons

Support can be faster. In „rush days“ you may wait a few hours for response, but then you’ll get professional answers that help you solve your problem.

Reasons for Choosing HelpCrunch

HubSpot Knowledge base is available from Professional license, too expensive (>350 USD). Help Scout have issues with chat availabilty in SPA (need page refresh). Freshdesk and Freshchat are overcomplicated, for full KB customization you need to pay +40 USD (default KB design is ugly old style, full customization is necessary)

Reasons for Switching to HelpCrunch

Met all requested features. Affordable price. Best quality / price ratio.

Top HelpCrunch Alternatives

John L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

HC runs our business!

Pros

Tribute is a business that directly interfaces with customers every single day on a very detailed level. HC helps us manage, organize and effectively communicate with every customer on time.

Cons

The UI has been improving over time which is great! A slightly more modern feel would be awesome. Functionality is much more important to us though

Response from HelpCrunch

We're very glad to have Tribute team with us, John!
Thanks for the kind words.
We expect to roll out a small UI update to make the chat look even more modern already this month.

Cheers!

Leonardo W.
  • Industry: Internet

Awesome Value for the Money

Pros

If you deal with customers, you need a system in place. Emails are a way to lose customers, because the conversation get lost in the way.

We had this problem before, and we started to look for a system that could help us with our communication with customers and a central dashboard for our articles.

Helpcrunch helped us to solve this problem. We installed the widget in our site and started to deal with customers support in a centralized manner, and also helped us with lead generation.

The app also provides a knowledge base that you can use to keep your customers in the loop, on how to use your app and solve small issues without the need to reach out to support.

Helpcrunch also packs pro-active messages, that you can use to interact with people who visit your site.

It's easy and pleasent to use. I highly recommend

Cons

I can't say something bother us, I like the app and is easy to use.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your review, Leonardo.
We're building HelpCrunch to help businesses like yours to solve the exact problems you described.

Glad that you're able to centralize customer support and generate more leads for your business with the tool.
All the best!

Max B.

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

Overall an awesome chat tool!

Easy to setup, no learning curve needed, our sales people cant live without it.

Pros

I lke the fact that its pretty configurable, it allows you have ton a of rules around what to show, where and to whom. Proactive messages is my favorite feature, banners are pretty handy too.

Support is great by the way

Cons

A few improvments can be introduced the mobile user experiences but these are not critical at all

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks a lot Max! We're happy to have Invisible on board.

Replied 06/09/2019
Ana M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Run your business with Helpcrunch

I love the ease of use and how organised it is. Using helpcrunch has helped me organise customer inquiries and I can easily navigate and look for conversations with the filter search function. I also love that I have can access previous conversations with customers without scrolling too much. Also love the customer support , every time I have a question someone comes back to me within 5 minutes. Truly bang for the buck.

Pros

The search/filter function and the color coding of conversations.

Cons

I wish I could easily edit and remove uploads on chats.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate all the love, Ana!

In terms of removing uploads, you can easily delete them in chat just like you delete all other messages. What would you like to be able to edit in your uploads? Eager to learn more about your needs around this.

Replied 24/09/2019
Shahid K.

Reviewed on 04/07/2019

The best live chat software I have ever used

The live chat is the lifeline for a SaaS company. We spent 100s of hours on the chat interacting and supporting our customers. I have noticed when you have too many features it becomes complicated to set up and use but not with Helpcrunch. It is easy to set up and even easier to use.

The automated messages, emailing and the templates are the best way stay productive and provide amazing customer experience.

Pros

Helpcrunch is superb value for money and my agents are totally motivated to use it every day. The most I like about Helpcrunch it is loaded features and can automate many tasks.

Cons

I don't have any problem with the software but would love to see more languages and integrations.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for your review!

Replied 06/08/2019
Matthew S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 30/05/2019

Switched over from LiveChat

HelpCrunch were really helpful (no pun intended). Set up a custom pricing plan for my needs within an hour.

Pros

Better value for money for the features I needed. For me it was important to have different customised widgets for different domains. I've been a LiveChat customer for a number of years but the pricing for the customisable widgets drove me away in the end. Software is super easy to use and personally I prefer the simpler and more modern appearance of the widget and the admin interface.

Cons

With HelpCrunch the price you pay is per agent that you set up. With some other systems the price you pay is per logged in/online user. I wanted to set up more users but only have a smaller number logged in at any one time. In the end, I calculated that I still made a significant saving compared to the same features on LiveChat and better still I was able to talk to HelpCrunch and they set up a custom plan for me.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Matthew! We're really glad to have you with us.

Replied 03/06/2019
Sasha T.
  • Industry: Program Development

Reviewed on 22/07/2021

HelpCrunch and solving business problems

Pros

- multilingualism. The language can be changed directly from the app in real time. This was one of the main criteria for choosing a service for us.
- Customize css via admin panel. This makes the widget very flexible
- Real-time support communication. Within 10 minutes you will receive an answer to your questions and try to solve problems

Cons

- This is more a wish, not a minus, but I would also like to have official support for react-native.

Nina B.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Started on the free plan, now on all-in-one premium plan

We used another support SaaS and separated from it because of some security issues. This one has no major vulnerabilities - at least I did not find info on the forums.

Pros

The biggest differentiator is the support team. Always available, attentive and professional. Thank you guys a lot!

Cons

Been using Helpcrunch for over 6 months, haven't noticed anything substantial. Sometimes though the system doesn't work well when we're on a slow Internet connection

Response from HelpCrunch

We're glad to have you, Nina

Replied 06/02/2019
Joe B.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Concept but needs work

Pros

The idea of 3 in 1 is great , chat, ticket system and email marketing all in one is a plus.

Cons

It seems to be confusing at times which chats are new and which are old and there are some limitations on how to setup the software, if some basic things were different will make this software much better

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Joe! Thanks a lot for your review.
Great to hear that you're able to use HelpCrunch to the fullest.

Would be great to know more about what you found confusing about new/old chats and the setup.

If you have a minute, please get it in touch with our team via chat, we'd love to learn more about the issues you're experiencing so that we can fix those asap.
Thanks in advance!

Cesar D.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Powerful tools, easy ot implement

Pros

The help crunch interface is really accessible, which doesn't require our editors to learn lots of new skills just to edit our knowledge base.

Cons

I have a really hard time staying logged in when I'm on a desktop and a laptop. It requires to log in anew constantly.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for your review, Cesar!

Replied 23/11/2020

Reviewed on 12/11/2020

Good priced chat platform with great support

Pros

We have used the platform for 9 months and have experienced constant development of features and great support when needed. They also take our feedback into consideration and have released several features that meet our demands.

Cons

Reporting could be improved. We use tags on the chats to be able to report and learn from the topics, but there is no easy way of doing this at the moment.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for your report. We have a few new reports coming soon. Stay tuned!

Replied 18/11/2020
Konstantin R.

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Easy to set up and send marketing messages

We were looking for a reliable communication solution for a reasonable price, and we got what we wanted.

Pros

We had no problem sending targeted messages to our customer audience through HelpCrunch toolset, it's easy to easy and offers a bunch of beautiful templates which we were able to customize as to our needs.

Cons

We are quite happy with HelpCrunch features and the seamless way it integrated with the other tools we are using.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for taking time to leave the review!

Replied 30/09/2019
David C.

Reviewed on 18/09/2020

Inexpensive alternative to Intercom

I would recommend Helpcrunch to all savvy sales/marketing/customer experience execs who are looking for a less expensive alternative solution to cover customer communication needs.

Pros

Helpcrunch doesn't break the bank unlike the major players like Drift or Intercom, yet it provides and extensive suite of functionality, very comparable to those two.

Cons

Nothing specific that I dislike - more native integrations would be nice though.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your thoughts, David!

Replied 22/09/2020
Gustav T.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 27/04/2021

Useful site for customer relationship

It's been a really good experience so far, so we're excited to continue.

Pros

The product is incredibly easy to understand and make sense of.

Cons

There wasn't really anything that stood out negatively.

Arun K.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 05/10/2020

Easy to use tool setup live chat with affordable pricing

Pros

Wordpress integration made it a breeze to setup live chat on our website. Value added features like help documentation, email to offline chat users with automatic follow ups all at an affordable price for startups.

Cons

Nothing I can think of so far. Setup was easy and intuitive.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Arun!
Thank you for the nice review! Our team is working hard to deliver cool new features soon, to help you increase conversion even more, and make the user experience even smoother! Enjoy using HepCrunch!

Replied 09/10/2020
Travis lee S.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Easy to use and customers love it

Excellent support.

Pros

I like the customisation features for the widgets.

Cons

It would be nice to have a help desk that users could find answers to their queries on, and perhaps the chat widget could automatically display those based on keywords.

Response from HelpCrunch

Travis, thanks for the review!
We're adding the searchable help desk (knowledge base) functionality already in June.
Chat widget integration with knowledge base is also going to be available soon after that :)

Replied 08/05/2019
Ricky S.

Reviewed on 28/08/2019

The Multi Channel Customer Support App

Pros

Having All-In-One app for customer support is the key to saving time. Imagine looking around various apps and replying and keep tracking, would be hectic. I especially like the auto message and email marketing feature, so I don't have to use a separate app such as Drip/mailchimp

Cons

The UI can have some more love but its already a solid software.

Response from HelpCrunch

Hey Ricky!
Appreciate the review.
We absolutely love when customers use HelpCrunch to the fullest utilizing its email marketing features in addition to chat.
The next UI update is coming next week already, would be great to hear your thoughts on it once we roll it.

Replied 29/08/2019
Alex K.

Reviewed on 29/01/2019

Amazing customer support product

Overall, it does the job pretty well.
We picked HelpCrunch as our helpdesk system a few months ago. Flexible pricing and compatibility with web & mobile apps were the most important factors for us.

Pros

HelpCrunch stores all communication with our clients in a single place.
What I love most about HelpCrunch is the reports functionality with which we have access to every agent's performance and user satisfaction metrics.

Cons

There are some minor bugs that their team has to address e.g., with a typing indicator that makes our chat window go up and down.

Response from HelpCrunch

Appreciate your detailed review, Alex!

Replied 06/02/2019
Daniel G.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Tool for Online Church

Pros

Having to move church online created difficulties in how to personally connect with those watching the service. Adding HelpCrunch's chat feature has given us another avenue to connect with people on Sunday mornings and throughout the week.

Cons

A difficulty for this software is the drastic price increase for each user. It would be nice to be able to have more than one chat user for the base price to allow for the chat feature to be more personalized.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thanks for the review, Daniel! Glad to hear HelpCrunch is helping your church to connect with the audience online in a personal way. If you want to bring 10+ team members to your HelpCrunch account, feel free to chat with our team about custom pricing.

Replied 01/06/2020
Vince K.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Free Service

The expiernce was fine. it is hard for me to really say it was bad or good, except that we had an easy setup.

Pros

I like the setup and I like that it works on web and mobile.

Cons

I only tried in it on the free version, resulting in limited ability to do anything, including manager business hours, so we just canceled it. Maybe give the full functionality for 14 days, then downgrade so I can really see the true value.

Response from HelpCrunch

Thank you for the feedback Vince!
We do offer both Free Trial and Free Account versions, but will consider your valuable suggestion and possibly make changes.

Replied 04/02/2019
Kevin D.

Well engineered

Customer support is incredible, anything you need or has questions about they resolve and respond really quick.

Very good tool and easy to implement.

Totally recommend, it’s one of the only chat systems that I totally trust.

Pros

It’s well thought out, well engineered, they took every possible communication either live or via email and it keeps good track, iOS app works perfectly. The whole system feels really mature.

Cons

There was a bug but it was quickly corrected so none at this point

Response from HelpCrunch

Kevin, thanks for the amazing feedback!
We're glad to have you on board.

Daniel C.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Simple yet effective

Pros

Ease of access and ability to see new contacts

Cons

Poor notifications . Sometimes leads to missed chats

Response from HelpCrunch

Hi Daniel! Thanks for your review.

Glad that you find it easy to manage your contacts in HelpCrunch!

Would be great to learn more about your experience with notifications deliverability - which platforms do you have HelpCrunch installed on?
By the way, we expect to roll out mobile apps notifications deliverability fix in the next few weeks. Hope it will resolve your issue and you'll never miss another chat ever again.

Don't hesitate to reach us via chat in case the issue persists. Cheers!

Replied 22/08/2019