About Calamari

Calamari is a cloud-based human resources solution that offers two modules: leave management and clock in/out services. The software is suitable for small to midsize businesses in any industry and offers Android and iOS mobile...

Browse Calamari Reviews

Kamila W.

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Calamari really helped

Overall, Calamari definitely did help our HR team to save tons of time spent on monitoring the leaves manually. What is more, our team members can see their history and current leave status live. We can surely see the difference using Calamari brought to our business.

Pros

Very user friendly interface encourages our team members to use Calamari regularly.
The tool is also very simple to use so all in-house communication is strengtened because of that.
The Success team writes back within minutes and helps with literally everything so the communication between us/ our team and Calamari is great.

Cons

There are still some HR-friendly feautres to add. For now we find that Calamari is more intuitive for team members rather than Administrators.
For example, the ability to see the history of different kind of contracts and calculate the leaves accordingly, or setting reminders about medical check-ups and OHS is something we still hope to see.

Dorota K.

Reviewed on 12/10/2021

A powerful solution to get rid of paperwork!

Do you remember the days when all of your employees had to give you paper requests to go on vacations? I don't! Calamari is lovely, and we got rid of all the silly paperwork we had to do back in the past!

Pros

- Really helpful regarding compliance. You don't have to remember about all those required by the labour law requests. You have them all inside one app!
- Gives you plenty of customization options. We added a few custom made types of leave like Anniversary Vacay Days. It was super easy to configure.
- Great integrations with Google calendar and slack. You can see all the most important information, not login in.
- All in one virtual place! No more checking paper to verify PTOs!

Cons

I can't think of any! Calamari changed my life :)

Saul F.

Reviewed on 26/07/2020

Good software but expensive for us

It is an excellent software that does what it says. For us and for every company that does not have budget for many SaaS, the price is too expensive.

As responsible for the IT internal services, we probably will change the software in the next year for a cheaper one because we are an ONG Foundation and we cannot afford it.

For the rest of SaaS we use to have specific budget agreements for non-profit or educational institutions.

Pros

usability
the software is mature enough

Cons

I would say that the price is our worst handicap
By other hands, I would like to have more functionalities like HR (contacts, payrolls, etc) management.

Toggl Track, Replicon, absence.io and OrangeHRM

Reasons for Switching to Calamari

Easy of use, sync with G Suite, check-in.

Top Calamari Alternatives

Michelle M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

Simple, easy to use time management system!

Simple to use software to easily manage schedules, PTO, and accruals.

Pros

We love Calamari! From new users who find the interface very simple to use from administrators who can customize teams, approval flows, weekly schedules, accruing PTO, and reporting, Calamari does it all! There are always new updates which we are loving and find them super easy to implement and make our experience even better. Highly recommend this product!

Cons

The only improvement that I would suggest would be to allow the employee list to be sorted by your preference. Such as the ability to put the last name first; Smith, John.

Response from CHROBRUS

Thanks, we really appreciate your feedback. Happy user is the greatest reward!

Replied 19/09/2017
Aaron Y.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/08/2017

A very user friendly system, for both young and old

Smoother HR in leave application and approval and also reduction of paperwork and head count in HR.

Pros

Calamari is an easy to use HR system, with easy and simple setup for any organisation. It convenient and easy to access as it is a web-based system. The system can cater for both local and international organisation with option to customize according to the country's holiday requirements.

Cons

They still lack in their mobile application but they are improving with each update. They have bug fixes off and on but their customer service are swift to tackle the bugs in the software.

Response from CHROBRUS

Hey Aaron! It has been great to work with you. Thanks to your suggestion. We are in touch! Ewelina

Replied 18/08/2017
Izabela S.

Reviewed on 31/07/2019

How Calamari makes our work easier

We've been using Calamari for 4 months now. It's easier to plan work and manage absences since then.

Pros

Calamari has everything you need to manage attendance efficiently.
1. Fisrt of all you can configure it according to your needs. For example I have created 13 approval flows for leave requests. Other solutions I'd tried before Calamari allowed me to create up to 4. During the whole set-up process I had an impression it was custom made. Unbelievable.
2. When you see absence calendar of all employees it is so much easier to plan work
3. You can add as many types of absences as you need
4. It is possible to integrate it with Jira - our Project Managers just love it! It makes their work much easier
5. There's a mobile app.
6. Reports - essential for payroll team, the board and HR
7. Calamari Team - fantastic and very helpful professionals
8. The price! Great value for money

Cons

I can't think of any cons at the moment.

Runney W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 13/08/2019

more channel for question clarification

experience is good.

Pros

easy to use. very user friendly. good service on supporting on purchasing.

Cons

Technical support.
but minor things need to be improved:
1. Functionality: leave application
- can't modify application submitted to the system. (feedback you are under development)
- easy to continue with default leave type(eg: annual leave is the default type). expected: default leave type is NONE, it's up to user to select.

2. Technical support
Any question clarification have to reply on email, if call can be set up or video conference (similar like conference before purchasement) will be more helpful.

Piotr W.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 15/06/2020

Very friendly and useful to manage absence

Thanks to Calamari we could manage easily our absence time and inform all members of the team when we will be available or not. This helped us to better plan our team tasks and solve potential misunderstandings.

Pros

It is the first app to successfully manage absence time considering different requirements and options. It joins rich functionality with relatively simple interface. Bonus is to have app on a mobile device.

Cons

Mobile device app could be more functional.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Calamari makes it easy to approve and submit time off, and their reports are great!

The customer service at Calamari is top notch. They are fast in responding, efficient and very eager to help. They take suggestions to their product team, and during our time working with them we had one of our suggested features be incorporated into the platform. Their reporting capabilities are also incredibly useful, and interface is very intuitive and user-friendly. I highly recommend this software.

Pros

Calamari has integration with Slack, which was a big selling point for our team. Being able to submit requests, and approve/deny straight from Slack made the process so much simpler! Also, reporting was a feature that we used heavily as a company.

Cons

We would love to have seen a team calendar integration with Google, instead of having to login to the platform. Our team relies on Google calendar very heavily for meeting scheduling purposes, and a team calendar integration would have been super helpful!

Jeanette K.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Calamari positive impression

Pros

It is a very intuitive software, easy to understand and use, and quite complex.

Cons

There are some features missing and need workaround.
For example, there's no possibility to delete hours or when needing the balance, you have to go back through the entire calendar to the date you started using.
Some reports are missing too.

Marek G.

Reviewed on 03/04/2020

Great Product!

Every holiday, working remotely, sick leaves or confrences are added there. We can count how many day off everyone have left, or how long he is in company and celebrate anniversary together.

Also if you will set up notification and approval flows, it makes everyone who should know about someone absence will be notify.

Pros

There is almost everything you need in software like this

Cons

It can take a little time to be up to date with every option, but it is managable.

Mateusz S.

Reviewed on 14/08/2017

Well crafted software!

Pros

In general, the experience is high level, for a long time we were looking for a solution that will feets with our needs. Calamari team is always open for new solutions.

Cons

Configuration of acceptance processes and different types of absences might be more user-friendly

Response from CHROBRUS

Hi Mateusz, thank you for sharing your experience. Your feedback is important to us. I just wanted to let you know I shared your opinion with the team to make your life easier ;) Best wishes, Ewelina

Replied 18/08/2017
Thomas Y.
  • Industry: Insurance

Calamari Review

Pros

It is very user friendly, has a good asthetic, and is easy to educate company employees on the functionality, benefits, and accessibility. My company also uses Slack and the direct connection into Slack is very appreciated.

Cons

The annual subscription fee is higher than ideal, but overall given our current company size and set up, it is not the end of the world.

Ulan J.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 06/05/2019

Jack of all trades for HR in the SMB market

For a small company that I run on the side, this is really a breeze to use if you compare it to the Heavier pricey Competitors. I have had an easy experience and the learning curve was also easy on this. I have no studies in HR and had to help my HR person through the process.

Pros

I can start of buy saying it is well priced! You can plan and track all types of vacation, sick leave, paid time off, in and out of the office board, and you can do it all digitally. Most of the Employees work remotely and or from home, with that being said; working out paid hours is easy and quick. Resource management/planning is an easy when using it in the Calendar view. It is the Jack of all trades HR program, but master of none.

Cons

There are Hidden functions and Features to this program that is Hidden away. I f I do not explore or come across it by accident I wouldn’t have known. They could maybe put some extra tool tips or guide into Calamari that recommends, shows, suggest functions to show us it is available to use. I don’t know about the features, I do not know about.

Jeta K.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 28/05/2019

the best software for requesting time off

with Calamari we save time in administering PTO and calculating days used and remaining days as well as accrual days. Shows a clear and fast report for all requests.The transparent calendar and the administration of days off removes our miscalculations and mistakes and not updated calculations which were a big problem for our company before.

Pros

The software gives you a very organized overview of each employees requests for day offs.
All the employees have an easy access to ad their request, it is an extremely user friendly software that also allows you to download the app and use it from your cell phone.
the majority of the employees like the calculation of the remaining days and the calendar that is transparent for all employees so they can plan their duties and vacations ahead.

Cons

Allied Trucking of Florida is highly satisfied with Calamari.

Dorota Z.

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

Useful and convenient way of registration working time

Pros

Calamari is very useful and convenient system of registration working time. I love its way of applying for leave. I love how it is integrated with Slack and that it uses iBeacons for automatical logging worktime. Customer Support is quick and exact. I would love to use Calamari in our company (and I think soon we will - when it will fit all our needs).

Cons

Calamari doesn't fit all our needs yet. For now, it doesn't have projects integrated with Jira Tempo and it can't export data to our account-HR system (Comarch OPTIMA).

Response from CHROBRUS

Thanks for the feedback! We're working on improvements on the Jira TEMPO integration recently.

Replied 09/05/2017
Yurien S.

Reviewed on 26/02/2021

Calamari it just works.

We have a good experience with the product.

Pros

Easy of use and support given. Once setup our employees can easy manage their own time of.

Cons

Somewhat complex to setup for proper use.

Karolina G.

Reviewed on 01/08/2019

Calamari - software that helps every day!

I'm using it every day as a regular user and as a admin. It's really easy to use and explain to new users how to! I'm able very fast to check many information like absence of workers or planned holidays.

Pros

It's really easy to use, but in the same time you can take out a lot of information from it.

Cons

Nothing coming ot my mind. If i don't like something I Call support and they are always open to improve system.

Ma¿gorzata K.

Reviewed on 13/06/2017

I never heard of Calamari. It turns out to be perfect for our needs :)

Pros

From my point of view the biggest advantage is that each employee can set an individual holiday calendar. Comments and attachments are also useful - all in one place. It is great to add individual types of absences

Cons

It would be useful to calculate wages and some kind of reminder about planned increases or renewal of contracts

Response from CHROBRUS

Thanks Ma¿gorzato for a great review, we really appreciate that!

Replied 14/06/2017
Marcus R.

Reviewed on 16/07/2020

Great application for small to medium-sized businesses in need of HR protocol

You can track everything for your employees and ad-hoc staff in one place, including contracts, leave, clock-ins, approval flows, etc. Loved every second of it.

Pros

It was super easy to set up and deploy - plus there are integrations with other useful software apps to run a full department and communication.

Cons

The Slack integration needs a bit of work - trying to request leave was frustrating - but not a train smash - eventually I figured out the kinks.

Hallie G.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 25/02/2021

Outstanding Customer Service

I'm a fan. It took me quite a while to be a fan, but I really enjoy how easy it is now.

Pros

The customer support is amazing. Any time I have trouble, they are great at giving quick correct answers.

Cons

Sometimes I have trouble because it is so simplified that I'm not looking in the right places for options. When they are right in front of me, I just don't realize it.

Andrea C.

Reviewed on 16/08/2019

Easy Leave Management for organisation workforce spread over the globe

Pros

Ease of use
Great fit for organisation with employees in different regions / countries
Quick to interface with other systems

Cons

There's really nothing that we didn't like so far

Paulina S.

Reviewed on 22/09/2016

Excellent

I am the Calamari system administrator in our company. I use it every day.
Calamari app develops and adds new features that we need.
The service always dissipate my doubts. Support service is always fast and accurate.
Calamari works great for me.

Jennifer C.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Efficient

Fantastic experience. We're a small company who doesn't really have any tracking system for monitoring absences or leaves, do this has helped immensely.

Pros

I liked how more efficient it made us as a whole, the interface is mostly easy to use and the design is nice.

Cons

Can be a little complicated to customize the entitlement feature

Jose U.

Best Vacation Tracing Software

Pros

- Easy to set up.
- Intuitive Interface for employees.

Cons

No cons to report. Software fulfills all of our needs.