MailTrack Reviews

About MailTrack

MailTrack is a compliant email tracking tool designed for Gmail inboxes. With MailTrack, users can track and manage emails and see which emails have been opened with real-time notifications and MailTracking accurate tracking...

Browse MailTrack Reviews

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 17/08/2021

Solution for email tracking

I use it firstly as an additional for the email marketing tracker, but now it has been so critical to analyzed our email marketing planning.

Pros

MailTrack is really essential for me to track and monitor the email that are sent out. The report is quite extensive, as it will show how many of the email are opened by the recipient, how long the email are opened and if the email are opened more than one time. We can use this data to altering our marketing campaign effectively.

Cons

MailTrack is quite expensive, but all the feature and the tools is very helpful and perform better than the competitors. I would like to see more price scheme that can cater all the user need, especially for the monthly emails that will be monitored and price decrease for some of the plan.

Kim
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

Satisfactory but simple product

My overall experience has been pleasant and satisfactory. Mailtrack is a great (but simple) tool for email tracking.
It has helped with our email communication and it has been a reliable product. It has a free version and affordable paid version.
As a law firm, sometimes we just need to know if a person has opened any of our emails at all and Mailtrack has served that purpose quite well. We don't necessarily need the extras but they're still nice to have.

Pros

Price is always high on my list, mailtrack has a free version and the paid version is reasonable!
I love that Mailtrack is easy to use even for beginner or intermediate experience levels.
I like the notifications and reporting, it helps us understand how recieptients engage with our email marketing, newsletter, events, or even just typical emails.
Mailtrack has been rather dependable and I have not experienced any technical issues or malfunctions which is great!
Mailtrack has been helpful with our email communication all around and especially anything marketing related.

Cons

I do not like the limited amount of templates and customization.
I do not like the lack of available features.
Mailtrack does not notify you when an email has been forwarded and it does not include extra data like how many times an email was opened.
Another issue is that it only works with Gmail and it isn't necessarily mobile friendly.

MailtrackPro

Reasons for Choosing MailTrack

Mailchimp was not compatible with our current business software.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to MailTrack

Mailtrack is free and has an excellent reputation!
Clarissa
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/04/2024

MailTrack for Daily Tracking of your Emails when you're Busy

I love it, aside from it is very timely nowadays for professional like me, it's also very easy to use and navigate especially for me that I'm not a very good user of online applications.

Pros

I like on this application is that I can merge documents using this as well as track my emails, as a newly promoted trainer, it's very difficult for me to handle my emails, with this application it gave me ease and help.

Cons

None so far, because of this application, tracking and editing my data were easier for me because of this.

Top MailTrack Alternatives

Kim

Reviewed on 03/09/2021

Started off Good... No crap and costly

I really liked it to start with but recent glitches and cost increases has made it not worth the money I have already paid to have the PRO option. Not happy.

Pros

Seeing when an when and email has been opened.

Cons

It often glitches and send 20 email notifications that an email has been opened at one time. I have paid for PRO, initially I could send emails as a campaign (only yesterday I sent one), now I have to upgrade and pay another $63US to us the campaign option. Ridiculous after having it for a year.

Nina

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

MailTrack helps you perfectly keep track of those who read/ignore your emails

My overall experience is very positive. The tool is straightforward and does exactly what I need it to do. I would recommend it to anyone who wants to track their emails.

Pros

Working in marketing and often reaching out for collaborations, partnerships etc. it could sometimes drive me crazy not knowing if someone just missed my email or was simply not replying. With MailTrack I get right away a confirmation when someone opens my email and even when it is opened multiple times, helping me understand that that what I wrote was interesting.

Cons

I personally don't like that people can see that I am using MailTrack.

Anuj
Anuj

Reviewed on 13/11/2023

MailTrack FTW!

Overall experience has been wonderful and it's easily my go-to email tracking application. I've tried others but this one is the smoothest & easiest to use.

Pros

Best thing about MailTrack is that not only does it automatically let you know once someone opens an email you've sent to them, it gives you a daily update on how many emails you sent, how many have been opened, who hasn't open an email yet, etc. It's done wonders for my business knowing if someone received my message.

Cons

The only thing I don't like about MailTrack is that it includes itself in your signature when you send emails. However, you can get rid of that by using the paid version. I guess it's not a bad trade off considering all of the benefits I'm receiving for free!

Atif

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

Email tracking is possible now with MailTrack

Pros

As a teacher, I have to sent so many mails per day. I had to make sure that all mails are reaching toward the person. MailTrack help me a lot in that case by helping me tracking that the mail is opened or not.

Cons

I didn't like their pricing. This should be decrease I think. But in somepoint, it may sound okay for the normal people outside my country as I am living in a financially bounded country.

Allen
Allen

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Simple MailTracking

Pros

I like that it does whatit is supposed to do - track email opens even if its multiple times

Cons

I found it to be simple and easy to use and tracks opens, but that's all it does - I slowly moved away from MailTrack and towards ActiveCampaign since it can track opens and much more.

Safa

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Email tracking is so much easy and useful

I benefit from this tool. So I will recommend it to everyone.

Pros

As a teacher, I have to send 10+ emails per day. Tracking them all together is not easy for me. But MailTrack made it easy for me to track the mail. I can get to know if someone opens my mail. So, it's so helpful.

Cons

I like almost everything, but setting up this software for every email is redundant to me. So, there should be one setting for all my logged-in emails.

Jessica
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 13/05/2024

A MUST HAVE

Overall if great to have active for all your emails.

Pros

This is a must have if you send emails out daily and want to know if they are being open and read. It helps track how many times its open and when the last time they opened it.

Cons

You need to upgrade if you want details about exactly who opened it if you send it to multiple people at a time.

Navneet
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 26/08/2017

It's a great tool to used in your Gmail account and keep track of your emails. It's a great...

The one which I mentioned in my Pros section.

Pros

Keeping track of mail
Integrate within Gmail and new mail automatically
Ease of checking
Usability

Cons

I have already mentioned this to them
- It is not integrated with Outlook. For professional it is of no use until and unless you expand product platform usability.
- You don't get to see who has read your e-mail, particularly when there is more than one person mark in the email. The only possible way to do is to refer it to them about mail-track. But sometimes I don't want to reveal and say, "Buddy, I am tracking my email". To over come this, you just have to write a script where whoever opens the mail, their initials get recorded and the user can easily notify who has read your email and at what time.
- Many times, bugs in the system recorded, where when I open the sent email, I get notified saying someone has opened the email. This creates confusion when I look at the history of opening the email.
- It should also start giving tracking of the content link in the mail. This feature is majorly required by publisher and networks where they do email marketing to their potential customer. In order to find the bug into the database and find out who has opened the email and took necessary action. This would be a great feature to be added in order to monetize brands email marketing campaign.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

It's usually useful

I use this plugin in my workplace because in my daily work I need to send important emails. A lot of times I need to know a fast answer and is important to know if the people open your email and have seen your email or if the people have not opened the message.

Pros

You can use it in your email to know who has read your email. It is easy and fast to install (plugin). In important emails, you need to know if the other person has read the message, and is very helpful because you receive a message to confirm that person open your email. This message comes to you immediately, just when the person opens your email.

Cons

The principal con is when you send an email to more than one person. When someone opens the email, you receive the message, but you don't know who exactly opens the email. In my opinion, would be more useful if you receive a message like this "X email address has opened your email" because you would know who opened your message.

Fabiana
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 28/03/2023

Great Email Tracking, But Beware of Permission Requests

Overall, it's a great tool, but be aware of the permission requests before you start using it.

Pros

I've been using MailTrack for over a year now, and I can say that it's an excellent email tracking tool. It's a great feeling to know when someone has opened your email, and it helps me stay on top of my communication. The interface is easy to use, and the tracking feature is reliable.

Cons

However, after an update, I noticed that MailTrack was asking for more permissions to manage my email account, which made me a bit uncomfortable.

• Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 21/12/2020

I only use the free version to track email opens and it works great

Great! Good enough that I have, on multiple occasions, considered paying for a subscription to unlock additional features (and to get rid of the Mailtrack email signature). I might just do that later on down the road as my business grows.

Pros

The free version allows me to easily track email opens and works just as I'd expect it to. No complaints there.

Cons

The free version appends a mailtrack signature at the end of emails automatically. It can be manually removed from each email, but it's a bit annoying to do so. But I mean, it's totally fair and I can't really complain since I am using the free version of their software.

Reviewed on 14/11/2020

best way to track email opens

i’m extremely satisfied with mailtrack and i recommend it for every business professional who needs to know if his emails has been opened or not and also how many times the email has been opened.

Pros

whenever i send an important email i use mailtrack so i can be notified when it’s opened, it’s been really useful because if my email is never opened it’s a green light for a follow up and without mailtrack this wouldn’t be possible.

Cons

They are great but they need to consider integration with other email platforms like zoho for example.

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

The value is in tracking and reminding, not being creepy.

MailTrack helps to set expectations, and can also prevent follow-up emails that might otherwise be annoying. It's useful to see whether an email was read, and the device it was on (did the recipient view on desktop or mobile, are they on the go? Should we give them longer to reply?) It also helps you know if your email has been sent on or opened by many more people.

Pros

- Affordable
- One-click setup
- Good reporting
- A brilliant way to help you manage email follow-ups

Cons

Can false trigger if you open your own emails on various email clients.

Alexander

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

uncomplicated and dynamic email tracking

Very useful tool, because it allows you to follow the opening of emails by customers, and know if they received the email and opened for viewing.

Pros

• Every time the email is opened we receive notifications.
• Email opening control in real time.
• Option to know who uses email tracker in inbox.
• Alert not to open emails sent after a certain period.
• Integration with Gmail.

Cons

• Subscription to the email in the free version.
• It could have a business plan with multiple accounts.

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Great tracking software for free

The main benefit is exactly what I wanted. I know when someone has opened my e-mail and can then follow up. It also helps me confirm that someone is no longer there by bouncing back. Something else that my CRM won't do.

Pros

Since I use Salesforce CRM I cannot track e-mails. Taking my e-mails from Google using Mailtrack as an add-on allows complete tracking. I can see every time someone opens and e-mail and it rates it as a hot conversation when it is opened multiple times in a short time span.

Cons

I would probably use it more for campaigns but lack the tutorial to automate contacts and templates.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

If you are using to send important mails, you must have it

Pros

Is very easy to install and customers do not see it. Furthermore, you get a report every day about the emails sent the day before and if users open it more times you get notified.

Cons

While sending a group of emails, with the free version, you get a general notification and not for each mail contact

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Worth every penny

Overall, I've had a great experience with Mailtrack.

Pros

Mailtrack is extremely useful because it shows you when an email is opened. It's technology is so good, that if you open an email you sent on your end it WILL NOT show as opened. It only shows as "opened" if the recipient opens the email. Most mail merge software will show an email as "opened" if you by accidentally open the email you sent.

Cons

I have no dislikes about this product thus far.

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

Track your Gmails

In the business world, it is very important to know if your emails delivered to its addresses. when you use MailTrack you don't need to call your recipients to ask if your email delivered.

Pros

Even its free version you can track your emails in Gmail if they opened or not.

Cons

When you send email more than one recipient, you cannot track recipients who do not use the MailTrack.

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Mailtrack review

I like it and I find it helpful because it is important to know that your email has been read.

Pros

The software is easy to use and also it is easy to deploy. It does not require much to get it working.

Cons

When you send an email to a number of recipients, you will not be able to see who would have opened the email.

Reviewed on 31/08/2019

Blue Ticks for Email!

It has helped me to give more thoughtful replies to the emails

Pros

Helps me keep track of when my mail has been read/received or not. I can use this very important insight to write follow up mails or decide how to proceed according to the time when the mail was read. Especially helpful when sending out the invitations

Cons

It appends the "Sent using MailTrack" in the free version, this informs the receiver that it is tracked.. but it can be removed in the premium version.

Anna
Anna

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Simple and efficient way of tracking emails

Pros

MailTrack is a very straightforward software that helps me keep track of my outgoing emails to make sure they were received and read. It's most useful when it comes to tracking very important emails that require a response, so that it allows me to send a follow-up message if I know the person opened it and never got back to me.

Cons

The set-up on the phone did not work as expected, which didn't allow a seamless transition between the software on the computer and in the app. Therefore it didn't allow me to reliably track my emails on the go as much as being on my computer at my desk.

• Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 22/03/2022

Mailtrack for the serious businessman.

If you cannot see the rate your emails are opened you will never know how to pursue your clients. If we didn't have this we wouldn't be half as effective in our business.

Pros

See when your emails are opened in live time! See the reporting feature when you do campaigns to see how effective you were when sending. There isn't a tracker like this one in the industry!

Cons

Sometimes it reports that the wrong person opened the email.