About Salesforce Service Cloud

Service Cloud from Salesforce is a cloud-based customer service management solution that is designed to initiate customer service activities from anywhere. Built on the Salesforce1 Platform, Service Cloud works to centralize and...

4.1
4.2

Browse Salesforce Service Cloud Reviews

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 09/06/2022

Excellent for data tracking and analysis

This platform allows me to visualize, analyze the progress that has been made during the day, week, month or year because it allows me to store and manage important data about my company, since it allows me to observe the sales, the service provided, the campaigns of marketing that have been launched, the flow of trade that has been obtained, the productivity of the company, etc. This allows me to access the platform on any device since this platform is cloud-based, it also has a mobile version.

Pros

I like salesforce because it is a client management administration platform where I can have much more personalized attention according to the needs of clients. It helps me with the direct connection with my customers, manage business opportunities since I can automate to establish and negotiate marketing campaigns so that they are more effective with Pardot, this helps me with the unification of the sales department with the marketing department allowing me to attract, select candidates and minimize the sales cycle.

Cons

The initial setup is a bit complex and takes time.

Shayla
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 13/06/2022

Easy to implement, good data management

Keeping track of and following up with my clients was made easier, and I was able to see an overall picture of my month's performance thanks to the data it provided. Because of it, I am able to come up with innovative ideas for our company. When you create a solution that can be used almost indefinitely, you need to be able to scale it. There is no end to what can be done here.

Pros

Because I've been using it for six years, I've become accustomed to it. It's also easier to use when you have all the information you need about the lead, the firm, and your calling app all on the same page. The best aspect is that you'll have a lot of options when it comes to finding new customers for your business. You'll have no trouble seeing and pursuing the best prospects.

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to tell which information is helpful and which is negative since there's so much of it out there. It's difficult to gain hands-on experience with different options.

bri
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 10/01/2023

salesforce review

Pros

This software is extremely impactful when you are a small business and wanted to connect with new clients that come across your website and fill out the contact form or that just want more information. this software alerts you immediately which allows you to catch the new client at peak interest. it also lets you track what stage of communication you are in and is easy for marketing to send out these potential advertisements to the right people.

Cons

there is a lot going on when you first get the hang of it but once you start investigating the software a little more its easy to get in the groove of things.

Top Salesforce Service Cloud Alternatives

Govindraj
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Complex customer support software

We tried our best to customise Salesforce and for a year we used it but we found that the kind of features we needed it required a Salesforce consultant team to build it however with an extra cost with a dependency so we moved to Zendesk because they provided exactly what we needed at a much less cost and without needing a consultant. Mid-size companies should never use Salesforce cloud unless if their requirements are very high which cannot be fulliled by a out of box customizated product like Zendesk.

Pros

Only reports. They have a very good Reports which can be used to build a Dashboard which are very easily customised.

Cons

It is highly complex and it doesn't come with out of box customization. For every single feature implementation u will need a. Consultant. It is only suitable for big call center provided if they maintain a Salesforce engineering team to create and implement all the features as per the Support departments requirements.

Douglas
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Great Veterinary Management Software

This system, being cloud based, allows me the flexibility to change schedules and appointments, as well as examine patient charts while being away from the office. I love this about the Salesforce Service Cloud.

Pros

This software is very easy to set up and utilize. It is more intuitive and simpler to use than most of the other management software systems I have been exposed to in my 3 decades of professional work. It is also cloud based so it makes it easy to check my schedule or re-evaluate patient's charts even when I am away from the office.

Cons

My least favorite part is the financial management aspect of the program. While it is not horrible, it has a few issues that can be hard to figure out. However, once you figure out the little issues, they are very easy to deal with in the future.

Reviewed on 06/12/2022

Adaptable

Pros

Salesforce is an excellent tool for business. It can be adapted and adjusted to fit your needs. It is easy to use and simple to train the users on using the tool. You can have several different business tools available depending on your needs.

Cons

Training for the administrators was cumbersome and time consuming.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

Salesforce for the win!

If you are into Customer Service, Salesforce is the best!

Pros

I have been using this for more than 2 years and it has been great platform especially for customer service. You can incorporate different tools into it which makes it cool!

Cons

Sometimes it takes time for it to load, needs to be refreshed.

• Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

Salesforce Reciew

It is user friendly and highly recommended for business’

Pros

You can easily check your responses, the email thread. And the dashboard is very helpful.-

Cons

It takes sometime to load but all in all good experience.

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

A Quick Review of the Salesforce

I enjoy Salesforce. It is user-friendly and there is a lot of information at your fingertips.

Pros

I like that this software allows you to do many different things with it. I like how there are knowledge-based articles that are valuable resources to those who utilize that feature. As a user of Salesforce, this is gold.

Cons

I think that when logging a call the call reason and call issue need to be more defined.

Jahnvi

Reviewed on 21/01/2023

Helps in Knowledge Management

Pros

This software has helped me a lot in knowledge management

Cons

This software can never be used without training, so that is a short coming

Reviewed on 06/11/2019

Everything I need on one page

I love that I can manage our sales team's goals vs. actuals all in one place. I can see exactly where each prospect/opportunity is in the sales process, who the contact is and information about the company all on one screen. With the links that let me get more information about each of those areas, it's a seamless process.

Pros

I love that, compared to Salesforce Classic, I can see all of the information about the Prospect or Client that I need all on one page. I don't have to go from one page to another

Cons

It's not like any of the other CRMs that our sales team has used so there was a bit of a training curve for some of them.

SharpSpring from Constant Contact

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Service Cloud

Salesforce is much more sophisticated, yet easier to use. It has a lot more features and allows the sales team to follow their prospects/opportunities from start to finish very easily.

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

Complex, but worth the learning curve

Pros

Salesforce Service Cloud has made it so much easier to customize our frontline agents' experience, with integrated knowledge hubs, tooling, and more.

Cons

There's definitely a learning curve, but ultimately I feel that the benefits are worth the time investment that the team had to make.

Patrick

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Salesforce makes it easy to maintain a large group of sales prospects and integrates with...

I really like the ease of use with this CRM and the fact that it integrates with our other softwares. We operate as a sales unit, so it is essential that we are aware of what other members of the team are doing at all times, and where they stand on different leads, territories, etc. It eliminates the need for additional forms of communication, documents, spreadsheets, you name it. This is essential for any sales team out there, regardless of industry.

Pros

We are a sales and distribution company for a number of investment companies that run mutual funds, hedge funds etc. We have a GIANT list of prospects and trying to manage all of that in excel spreadsheets would be a nightmare when you consider that we operate as a team and not on an individual basis. It's easy enough to use and integrates well with outside software, such as outlook and excel. Great product for sales teams**.

Cons

I'm really not a fan of the lack of a genuine support system. If you have any issues, your only option is to email the support team and they have not been very helpful in my experience. Unless you pay for the top tier of salesforce, there's no phone number that you can call. I wish they had a decent tutorial and moreover, there are some no brainer adjustments that could really improve the CRM, such as mass email integration. Perhaps there is a way, but the fact that I have not been able to figure it out or get a decent answer from support speaks to their support system.

Barkha
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Exceptional customer engagement tool

It is a very unique cloud-based help desk tool which is different from many other traditional softwares. We have been working on this platform for more than 2 years now and we have been able to complete our assigned tasks on-time with the help of advanced features of this tool. You can validate customer details and generate business reports as well through this cloud-based software. Overall, it is a very nice application and I recommend it to every organisation.

Pros

This tool has multiple helpful features to connect with your clients remotely. It has got the best ticketing management system. The live chat features provided by Salesforce are super awesome and put your work at ease. The best thing about the live chat is you can see what the client is typing on their device so that you can be prepared for their question well in advance. Apart from that, you can also set automatic replies for faster resolution on the live chat. Customer Engagement becomes effortless with the help of technical features provided by this platform.

Cons

Sometimes, it becomes too slow and we face performance issues. I think they can make this software even more faster and responsive. Apart from that, the chat panel becomes slow when there are more than 3 active chats.

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

New Business Owner Tool!

I learned through this experience with Salesforce how to convert potential customers into regular customers. I always wondered how some small businesses stay afloat during economic times. They know how to connect with customers and they built a rapport with them overtime that they became a staple in the community. I used that knowledge and applied it to the platform and was blown away by the results.

Pros

I could run my employers business from anywhere. This is what sold me on the job in the first place, and this software is what made it possible. It's a one-stop shop of everything you need to know about your business. I can view potential customers, how to win over current customers, get insights into how I can approve the customer experience, and so much more. I really thought this software was going to be hard to figure out or stop me from getting the job, but this software made it possible for someone to land a job and keep it. So, I applaud Salesforce for creating an amazing product and service for businesses.

Cons

The only con I have about my experience with this software is the pricing, or at least what my boss have a problem with. My bosses infrastructure requires a lot of different products to make her business run more smoothly. I think it will help if there was a bundle deal for all the services she needs. I'm not exactly sure how she went about it, but I do know she wished she asked more questions as far as pricing and getting a better deal.

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

Ideal CRM for efficient operations

Email integration, access to leads and customer information, sales functions, data on clients, ability to review sales data, generation of leads, customization, organization

Pros

Perhaps my favorite aspect of Salesforce is the ability to use email within the software. This integration is key for interaction with both my servicemen and clients. I also really enjoy how many features Salesforce offers. The software is competitively priced and is packed with feautures that I'm still continuing to use. Salesforce is also great in that I use it as a cloud-based software. This helps eliminate the need for extra storage on my system. Overall, Salesforce has a nice layout as well.

Cons

Although Salesforce is an incredible piece of software and many features, it can seem as though there are too many features at times. Personally, it is difficult to continue to learn these new features and make sure I'm up-to-date with everything. I know there is definitely more functionality within Salesforce than what I'm currently using, but it can be quite daunting to try and learn the full abilities of the system. I wish that there was a some better training provided for using the software, as I've seen with some other software I've used.

Eman
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 30/08/2018

SalesForce is the best company database or CRM that lives on browsers!

If you are planning to create a database of candidates or any system or tool that you need to use in your office, try SalesForce and you will never go wrong!

Pros

SalesForce is the best company tool that I have used so far, because you don't need to install it anymore. All you need to do is to put the url of SalesForce, and log in your credentials then presto you are now ready to work. With this, it helps you save time especially when you need to transfer computer stations or you are using your home laptop in working from home.

SalesForce is also the best applicant tracking system so far that we have used in our company because it is easy to use, and no need for long trainings to teach you on how to use SalesForce platform because it is very self-explanatory and easy!

Cons

What I least like about SalesForce is their incompetent customer service or technical support. They can't resolve downtimes, system errors, and queries via email or phone call in a snap. It takes more than 24 hours to create a resolution for a complicated problem.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Does what we need it to

Overall this feature is great and allows us to easily report on and keep track of cases rather than using a typical help desk email feature. Having everything in Salesforce is extremely beneficial.

Pros

Overall, I like that with Salesforce Service Cloud we can easily set up queues and routing especially if someone is out of the office for a few days it is easy to manage who should own the case in their absense.

Cons

There are some limitations when it comes to setting alerts or escalations especially with business hours requirements- you can use business hours in escalations/milestone but its very minimal and you cannot choose additional criteria to filter on. It's also necessary if you use service cloud frequently to purchase add ons like Email to Case Premium to make service cloud more user friendly and customizable

Norbert

Reviewed on 15/05/2022

Service Cloud - easy way to communicate with end users and manage Your environment!

I would say my overall exerience after almost 5 years using Salesforce Service Cloud is on good level. I really appreciate working with this tool in daily basis and definitely want to use it even if I will change my job!

Pros

I like the most way how Salesforce Service Cloud is easy to use. You just need short training, few advices what is what and You can manage Your Salesforce environment without any help! Many ways of customize this tool for Your needs, lots of features are presented in a very accessible way and easy to use - no need to know how to write a complicated code when You can achive Your goal by few mouse clicks.

Cons

I think that when You want dig deeper in setup possibilities, apex classes etc. it can be quite shocking comparing to ease of use at the begining.

Reviewed on 16/01/2019

Salesforce Review

Massively helped our sales team with accurate forecasting and reporting. The quoting engine is amazing, and you can easily build api's to connect salesforce to your other systems.

Pros

-Very easily customizable even for people who don't know to code. However if you are able to code using apex (Salesforce's OOP), then you can virtually do anything.

-The whole user interface was revamped by the new lightining version, very easy to use and excellent reporting and dashboard.

-The 3 releases in the year have massive improvements each time

-Massive online community, any question or issues you have would have already been posted and solved on the internet. Just do a simple google search.

Cons

- Not easy to transition end users who are already on classic version to lightning

Desirae
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/01/2017

Salesforce for all

I have worked with Salesforce for a number of years, both from a support side as well as an admin side. It is very nice out of the box and very easy to customize where needed. The automation features were always great. I have watched them evolve into some truly amazing features and become easier to use for the masses. I have recommended several companies purchase the platform, including but not limited to the company I currently work for. Each time they make the investment and see all that it can do for them, not just in sales and marketing areas, but also in HR, Project Management and so on, they are amazed and thrilled with their decision. The app exchange just adds the cherry on top of this magnificent sundae.

Pros

I like the flexibility it offers in customizations and configurations. The appexchange also is a huge plus. You can find just about any addon you may need, and often times can even find a suitable solution for free.

Cons

The two biggest drawbacks I have noticed are the following:
The inability to use custom fiscal years in the new forecasting.
The inability to keep the side panel open when choosing a new contact in the lightning version of Salesforce for Outlook.

Reviewed on 29/09/2018

The best CRM on the market for a reason

very good, aside from using it for day to day use I am able and proficient at building reports and adding a layer of analytics to my day to day work flow.

Pros

Really more than anything it is the flexibility. I've used Salesforce at different companies and each instance was configured uniquely and had functionality that was needed by the sales organization of that company. There are so many good tools that can be easily plugged into the solution from dialers to direct mail fulfillment services.

Cons

If anything, it can be overwhelming. The individual records can be deluged with unneeded sections and fields. Being used to salesforce, i know where to go and how to use it but if I was new to the solution this can be overwhelming.

• Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

The best cloud CRM available to successfully manage your customers

Salesforce is fast gaining popularity.. I have been using it at my current workplace as well as my previous workplace. Using Salesforce has been a treat. I can track leads, send out marketing material for selected groups as well as track sales- an end to end solution. I recently discovered the Data import wizard and it has made life so much easier. The customer service team is also very responsive. It is a win-win!

Pros

The best feature of Salesforce is its easy setup- its objects and associated processes are intuitive and come with an interactive platform. Lead management is seamless and the ability to automate marketing is a cherry on the top.

Cons

Price might be a tipping point (as always is) but the services offered are worth paying for.

Irfan
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Best CRM option available

As a developer during my last three years I have worked in two different companies and they both were using salesforce and I have learnt a lot and its been great experience.

Pros

As a developer I love how flexible the system is we can customize it to a great level according to our needs.
Not so many of bugs in the system it's stable and very mature
Our sales team is very happy to manage sales and get insights of data
They are changing to new layout which is advance look and feel and looks great

Cons

One can take a bit more time to learn salesforce because the system is too big and its not easy to keep track of things
Its expensive but considering the features it provides a I think price is fine

Loren
  • Industry: Wholesale
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 03/08/2021

Salesforce Service Cloud

Generally positive as far as helping to make us more professional as an organization, e.g., retaining sales projects status and contact information.

Pros

Access from the cloud and data retention is great. When a salesperson left our company, we were able to easily see what the employee was working on, including last e-mails, quotes and buyers' contact information.

Cons

It was problematic with our accounting software to achieve an efficient integration, e.g., pulling sales data from our system into Salesforce. It also was a bit complicated as far as integrating Outlook with Salesforce to link e-mail correspondence.