About Thought Industries

Thought Industries offers a cloud-based customer training platform designed to suit the needs of business across multiple industries including software, manufacturing, professional training, continued education, continued medical...

Browse Thought Industries Reviews

Carmen R.

Seeing is believing.

We're able to provide much more training and disseminate it pretty easily using Thought Industries. The platform has definitely freed up some man power as we have been able to automate some things like certificates.

Pros

Purchasable content has been the best for our organization! We used this platform for internal training for several months, but when COVID hit started using it for client training. Until we started using Thought Industries we manually created certificates (sometimes hundreds at a time), so this has definitely saved time.

Cons

Some features are too customizable and it's easy to get all kinds of tangled. I also think the software is very very expensive.

LearnUpon and Adobe Captivate Prime

I'm not sure.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Carmen! Thank you so much for your thoughts. We are so happy to know you're seeing value from monetizing your content and freeing up time by automating your certification process. We share all reviews across our teams and appreciate you taking the time. Thank you again for your partnership!

Lea F.

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

Great LMS with much functionality and always improving!

We are utilizing the platform to deliver eClasses as well as a digital version of our printed products. The two business models use different access methods and TI is always willing to work with us to find solutions, and/or scope our needs. They are very responsive to support inquiries, and are always eager to help us solve our business issues. They are a great partner and great to work with!

Pros

I appreciate TI's willingness to work with us to scope on our needs to accommodate our two very different business models. I also like that the platform has a lot of very robust functionality, yet still very easy to use.

Cons

The reporting leaves something to be desired. Although there is a lot of data available, the dashboards are not intuitive, and using a date range doesn't change some of the data. Like number of users is always the same, no matter what the data range is. There is also a lot of usable data that is not surfaced in any of the available reports. Reporting can tend to be a manual and tedious process. Also, there needs to be more granularity with the role permissions, or the ability to toggle functionality on and off for certain roles. I hope is that they invest development in a better content management system. My only other gripe is that you can't delete learners (only disable them).

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for your review! We're excited to hear your positive feedback. We are improving our reporting capabilities and look forward to hearing your feelings towards those changes.

Ben C.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 12/06/2019

Love Thought Industries

From day 1, I've been incredibly impressed with TI, their platform, and their customer support. There was a bit of a learning curve to navigate through the admin side and understand all of the functionality, but how else would you engrain in the trenches of such a robust eLearning hosted experience. And their Voice of the Customer process for submitting real-time feedback and product improvements is awesome! Their customer support is unmatched and always ready to dive in and find solutions to my errors or admin requests.

Pros

The TI Platform has such a myriad of page types and lesson functionality that we keep our learners entertained and progressing while tackling the tough concepts of accounting and finance.

Cons

The reporting functionality is improving, which I like. At first, I was generating custom reports as requested by clients, and it seemed like the most basic of information regarding learner progress was overlooked. Clients wanted to know percentage completion by learner within each course, rather than the basic reporting fields of "Started" and "Completed" which were so black and white. I believe the dev team is working on making this reporting more mainstream and I'm encouraged by that.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the positive review! It is great to hear that things are going well with both the platform and our team. We appreciate you providing this feedback.

Top Thought Industries Alternatives

Erin W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Not your standard LMS

We feel like we have a partner in our virtual learning experience, and that's important.

Pros

We like the ability to subgroup our customers into groups which allows us to assign a "manager" that can assign and manage content to users.

We like the mobile responsiveness and the ability to access clear content from anywhere.

The course build-out functionality is very easy to use and offers many ways to engage the learners.

Reporting feature is robust and provides the ability to customize your reports based on your need.

Cons

Native webinar functionality still needs some work- but happy with the road map.

Brightspace

Reasons for Switching to Thought Industries

We liked the functionality of the base platform. Also liked that there is a roadmap for continuous improvement.
Mary ellen T.

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

A platform with a lot of possibilities

Tedious. I appreciate the help of our TI contacts. They did their best and continue to answer our questions to the best of their ability when we need help. Some things we need just aren't available in the system and we were told otherwise when we went to purchase it at the beginning.

Pros

We appreciated the help from our TI contacts and all the ways you can make your learning platform/learning path unique for your company. The wistia app was very helpful in uploading/storing and moving videos over to the TI platform. Visually the program looks very nice.

Cons

I am not the main purchaser of this program, but I believe my boss was misled by a TI salesmen about what the TI platform was capable of when he agreed to purchase it. I do not know if it is the best platform for our type of content, but our TI contacts did their best to try and help us put our content in the system and display it in a way that made sense. The system is very complicated. A lot of clicking on the back end to design and add content and create learning paths. The group upload CVS did not work at all for us and was incredibly difficult to use. I had to code it in another program to upload a group of 80+ after trying and failing several times. There are so many features, but they become difficult to use, understand, and employ correctly.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the feedback. We're glad to hear our Customer Success and Support team are so helpful in assisting you with the platform. I encourage you to utilize Voice of the Customer for any product shortcomings which our Product team reviews weekly with the Success team. We're continually working to improve the ease of use and valuable feedback like this helps us pinpoint where there is room to improve.
We appreciate your review and are excited about the opportunity to improve together.

David F.

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

An effective LMS with great customer support

Pros

Thought Industries is a capable LMS and its leadership is constantly looking to add new features and functions. Since becoming the LMS Admin, there is very little daily "work" I need to do to ensure users can access and complete the content they need to. It just works!

Cons

Reporting has come a LONG way from when I first took over this platform at my company. However the biggest "miss" is still the lack of rules. For example, I cannot easily define a rule that says "assign all new hires in the Customer Service Department, the following training courses"

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for your feedback David! I'll share with our Product team to see if we can help resolve the reporting rules issue.

Mike W.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/07/2019

You had me at Panoramas!

Pros

As the leader in strategy, finance, and business acumen training, we needed a digital learning solution that we could brand and customize for our clients. Thought Industries has a feature they call Panoramas that allows us to create unique environments for our clients while at the same time allowing us to keep a central repository​ of content. If you're a training company looking to expand your content digitally – Thought Industries should be your first call.

Cons

Getting you into the learning environment is a little kludgy​ – do I enter from a dashboard, a catalog, a learning path…?

I guess what I'm saying is the experience prior to actually entering a course isn't the most elegant, but once you're in the course it's smooth sailing - very intuitive.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for your positive feedback! Reviews like this offer valuable insight into the overall experience. We're thrilled to hear things are going well and look forward to seeing your continued success.

Paul N.
  • Industry: Media Production

Great For Course Subscription and eLearning

We are able to provide good accurate up to date content for our users and it helps us tailor relevant content that helps to drive that area of our business.

Pros

It is easy to get set up and tailor content for users within specific areas that are relevant to them which in turn helps us put out required content for our users that helps to generate revenue streams.

Cons

The exported data files can be confusing to manage at first and requires some effort to digest and absorb

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Paul! So glad you're able to generate relevant and required content to help grow the business. Sharing all of your feedback across teams here for consideration. Thank you again!

Matthew B.

Reviewed on 01/08/2016

Great solution for revenue focused learning businesses

We've really enjoyed working with the Thought Industries team, and their learning solution serves our needs very well. We are currently running over 15 consumer facing learning sites and offering hundreds of courses with the platform, and it's been a very positive experience so far for our organization.

Pros

Being able to create and deliver sites/courses has streamlined our ability to go-to-market. The learner experience from within the courses is very engaging, especially for instructor-led courses where direct interaction and communication is crucial. The eCommerce functionality is great since we can sell courses and get insight into the financial data with the reporting and analytics features.

Cons

Totally satisfied.

Response from Thought Industries

Thanks for the feedback!

Replied 01/08/2016
Mary hannah S.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 15/07/2019

Thought Industries: From a Customer Perspective

Overall, Ti has been great to work with. Even though they are a newer company learning their way around the systems they have been very helpful. Our customers are very happy with the new capabilities that Ti offers.

Pros

I enjoy Ti's user-friendliness and appeal to the customer's eye. We utilize their platform for outward facing customers and it is very easy for first-time users to use as well as easy to navigate throughout the CMS and LMS. I enjoy the modern look and feel.

Cons

There are several hickups utilizing Ti for all of the capabilities that we need it for. Unfortunately, everything is not 100% customizable but by submitting several requests we have been able to update the system for better use of our mission and company.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for the positive review! We're glad to hear that you and your customers are having a good experience with us. We look forward to continuing to work together to ensure your success.

April joy M.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

The next generation LMS and authoring tool in one software

Thought Industries is one of a kind! I've never used an LMS before that has a native authoring tool. When using Ti, I don't have to resort to external tools to create interactivity in the lessons and courses I am developing. I have instant access to a variety of content types. Most importantly, I can easily transform a page into a dynamic, immersive, and responsive learning experience.

Pros

Thought Industries has robust features that empower our instructional design team to create meaningful and highly effective learning experiences for our learners and clients.

Cons

The reporting tool might need more additional tweaking so that we can easily mine the data we need more efficiently. Also, having the ability to assign due dates for discussions, quizzes, workbooks are a plus so that students can easily keep track of their progress.

Kyle M.

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

Taking our e-learning to the next level!

At various times I have compared our switch to Thought Industries with going from a bike to a car, or switching from using a card catalog at the library to having google in your pocket. It really has been a huge leap forward for us.

Pros

The biggest pro has to be course authoring. The built in features are robust and easy to use.

Cons

The reporting could be better, but I believe they are working on updates now.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Kyle, thank you so much for taking the time to leave your thoughts! Recently spoke with Christina and heard the new Reporting Hub was being put to good use :) Be sure to check it out and reach out with any questions. We love your clever comparisons! So glad our platform has been a huge leap forward for you. And thank you again for your continued partnership!

Michael S.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Just started

It has been good so far, but we are still starting out.

Pros

We just started to use this last year, so far it does what we what. We are still trying to figure out everything we can do with it.

Cons

We have found ourselves requesting a lot of new functions to help our users. I feel like there is a user or admin and not a lot in between. We need managers that can see and certain things but locked out from others. They do have some of this but not what we want, mostly in the reporting section.

Sarah Y.

Wide range of features

Pros

TI provides a lot of options both on our end to build courses as well as for our clients to manage their users.

Cons

The site can be confusing to navigate at times.

Amanda G.

Thought Industries Makes Life Easier

We have loved the team that has helped us to deploy,

Pros

We have had great training and set-up has been easy to manage.

Cons

Our biggest hurdle is getting our whole team to understand how to use it.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Amanda! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. We couldn't be happier that we "make life easier" and you have had "great training" and set-up has been easy to manage. Know that our Learning Experience team under Daniel's leadership is working extremely hard to ensure our customers continue to get excellent training and content to help entire teams become more efficient at using the platform. We'll be sure to work with you each and every step of the way! Thank you again!

Cecelia J.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/09/2018

Thought Industries

Pros

I am a vendor that uses thought industries, and I appreciate that it is customizable to my brand.

Cons

That it doesn't track user activity/completion. It would be ideal to have a program that shows what users logging in have completed-- such as video trainings etc.

Response from Thought Industries

Thanks for your feedback! You can track learner progress throughout a course in the Thought Industries platform, as well as their course actions such as page views, course completions, certificates granted, and assignments submitted. We'd be happy to walk you through all of that. Just drop us a line at [email protected], or give your Customer Success rep a shout.

Replied 17/09/2018
Alex T.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/03/2021

Great Company, Great People.

Pros

It is a great platform to really help people learn what you are trying to teach in an easy-to-use and understandable way.

Cons

Nothing is perfect, but Thought Industries is getting closer to it!

Response from Thought Industries

Hi Alex! Thank you so much for your kind words and sentiment regarding our people and company. We appreciate it and our partnership.

Nicole S.

Reviewed on 17/03/2021

Thought Industries, more partner than vendor

Overall, our experience has been wonderful - most importantly the people that work at Thought Industries have been a dream to work with, specifically [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from the customer care group who helped us get transitioned from our old LMS, and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from technical support who has helped us work through some technical issues. I do really think of them as partners, more than a vendor.

Pros

Our team is really using more of the features of Thought Industries now that we have our system up and running. What I like most it how the content is organized in the system, how easy it is to assign all of the settings available, and also how easy it is to assign access and use the panoramas to keep different audiences organized.

Cons

We are struggling with getting a stable certification exam running on the system. Also, I wish the details page could be visible regardless of the subscription model assigned to the user. Lastly, I wish the "back" arrow within the left hand navigation was truly a back "one page" button.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for your kind sentiments, Nicole! We love to hear how we are more than a vendor to our customers. We have also passed your Cons along to Product and CX for a status update and consideration. Thank you again!

Reema B.

We are happy customers

Very positive, we'll continue to use and hopefully grow our use of the platform

Pros

Customer support is great. And they're continually enhancing/adding features to make the experience better for admin and learners.

Cons

Still just looking for more features to help in the way we use the software. And more training manuals to help us build out internal training, i.e. as we grow our team and train others to be admins.

Docebo, Crowd Wisdom and BRIDGE

Reasons for Switching to Thought Industries

Good mix of features we wanted and price range
Jennifer J.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Reliable Platform for Online Learning

Able to quickly build a platform to delivery content to customers.

Pros

Easy to create online courses. Looks fairly professional. Reliable performance. Does what it says on the tin.

Cons

Limited functionality and ability to customize. Development team gives limited attention to suggestions for improvements. Solid platform but in need of modernization.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you for your review! We appreciate the feedback. As far as customizations go, our platform is entirely customizable including the ability to leverage HTML and CSS. We've informed your Customer Success Manager around your concerns and she will investigate to see where you're met with limitations. Additionally, we have a Voice of the Customer (VOC) program from which we collect customer feedback and work with our customers directly to better understand their ideas.
Once again, we appreciate your feedback and look forward to quickly resolving these concerns together.

John S.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Thought Industries LMS

We have been happy with the software and they have helped us grow as a company. Their customer services is very responsive and the account management team has been much more helpful in the past year.

Pros

The simplicity of adding and deploying our courses as well as managing users.

Cons

The reporting is lacking and it is difficult to customize user reporting.

Response from Thought Industries

Hi John! Thank you so much for your review and for sharing your thoughts. We love to hear our platform and account management teams have helped the company grow. We hope the new reporting functionality and improvements will further help you and know that your review is shared with Product and the rest of the teams here. We appreciate our partnership!

Joy K.

Beautiful, still evolving

Overall positive but sometimes wish I could speak with a real person - all support is by email only and sometimes it's hard to describe an issue.

Pros

Thought Industries produces beautiful user interfaces and pages and is pleasing to use as an administrator. It accommodates our live-online Zoom-based learning well through Learning Paths, and also permits us to host SCORM-based on-demand learning effectively.

Cons

Learner management is only "OK" - it's hard to find learners (you must type in the full name, not just part of it) to search, learner progress is tracked but only at a high level. Some of the reporting is flexible and powerful and other reporting is very limited.

Theodore S.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 02/04/2018

An incredible set-up experience with all of the support you need to get started!

Pros

We needed to transition our training from an in-person experience to a purely online model and the Thought Industries platform has been just the tool we needed to get this job done. From the introductory training sessions with the TI staff, the detailed project map they provided after determining our training needs, and the availability of their support staff to quickly answer all of the questions we had along the way, this project never felt like more than we could handle. One of the rep had us up and building content in no time, and the number of page options available to us ensures that our training program never feels stale or repetitive! The learner analytics tools have been key to identifying our training wins and have helped us continue to iterate upon our tools and resources.

Cons

We would've welcomed the opportunity to host calls from within the platform, but this wasn't a requirement for our training. I'd also love to see a built-in spell check feature.

Vickey H.

Thought Industries - Fast & Easy Course Creation, Fantastic Training & Support

Pros

The platform is very easy to use. There are several page types which helps to create engaging courses, that are not static and boring

Cons

A few page types (recipe for example) can only be used for recipes. I would like to be able to customize this for use in trainings that require step by step instructions

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for your thoughts, Vickey! We love to hear that our platform is easy to use and helps you to create engaging courses. Have passed your product request to Product for review. Thank you again!

Jerry G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used for 1+ year

Great Implementation!

TI enabled us to pivot to a totally online model to serve our customers during COVID. Just a positive co strhctive approach from day 1

Pros

Great feature set, especially for paid training business. The standup was super - literally the first such implementation that was as advertised. No 'overpromise underdeliver'
games that most sw vendors play.

Cons

No issues so far. All is as we were led to expect.

Response from Thought Industries

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, Jerry! We are so glad we were able to help you pivot to online learning during such a difficult year and that we delivered on our promises. We appreciate your continued partnership and know your thoughts are shared across the company. Thank you again!