About Deltek Vision

Deltek Vision is a cloud-based project-based solution for professional services firms that is available for cloud or on-premise deployment. It combines project accounting, resource management, project management, time/expense...

3.7
3.6

Browse Deltek Vision Reviews

Joseph

Reviewed on 12/07/2018

Phenomenal support and very expansive software set

Pros

Very responsive, very good support and never ending modules to make employees lives easier. We are currently using the Time and Expense mobile apps with little to no challenges. Setup took a bit of work but support was there ever step of the way. Any problem is corrected within hours instead of days.

Cons

Due to the complexity and versatility it is not as point and click for install or use as some other products. This is a very welcome trade off for me and my company as the benefits outweigh the cons.

Imran

Reviewed on 27/03/2019

A Fully Integrated Solution Software with Great Features

Deltek Vision has a database where I can put all my information for each assignment / project. Deltek for me is a fully integrated service product that can provide Managers, Heads and other office staff detailed information about the financial status of any department or segment in real time.

Pros

Deltek Vision has easy to use tools that allow all the operators – from high level Managers to back office staff members the ability to view and understand where the company’s resources and project budgets stand at any given time. Deltek Vision allows a lot of customization and flexibility that can be very helpful for any individual in his company. One amazing feature is that Deltek Vision provides extensive functions of project management all in one single program like expense reports, budget planning, time sheets, auditing etc. Managing work utilization is very useful for me because a lot of my team members are spread in distinct locations throughout the country who are working on the same project.

Cons

A major flaw of Deltek is that the system's outlook is very outdated. I personally felt that Deltek Vision was lacking in the expense report department. Reports are very hard to export. Even so, when I export the reports to excel, the formatting is completely undesirable, and I must spend a few minutes to format them.

Kim

Reviewed on 17/08/2020

Accounting was an Afterthought

Horrible Horrible Horrible - that is why we are searching for another software. I do not recommend - at least not for accounting purposes. Save your accounting team the headache!

Pros

There is not "like most" - Difficulty in correcting JE's on a bank account. Meaning - you cannot fix. I would NOT recommend this product for accounting purposes. It's outdated and not forgiving. Reports are less than desirable to look at, and most information is difficult to locate. In order to get what you want you will have to export reports in excel, merge them together and fix for yourself. This is very time consuming and a waste of daylight hours.

Cons

Difficulty in correcting JE's on a bank account. Meaning - you cannot fix. I would NOT recommend this product for accounting purposes. It's outdated and not forgiving. Reports are less than desirable to look at, and most information is difficult to locate. In order to get what you want you will have to export reports in excel, merge them together and fix for yourself. This is very time consuming and a waste of daylight hours. You have to work backwards when posting a transfer of funds to a account. If you don't your screwed!

Top Deltek Vision Alternatives

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Microsoft Excel

Sage 100 Contractor

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

I have used this software to report time and expenses for many years.

It captures time and expense data very thoroughly. I like that there is a field for every detail you would need to enter.

Pros

When configured properly this software is very user friendly and intuitive. There are a lot of features that not everyone will need but certainly useful if you take the time to learn it.

Cons

I can't think of anything I don't like about this software. The insert function inserts a new line item below instead of above the line selected but that is just a tiny bit annoying. I'm over it.

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Deltek is very good to use!

it is a very good tool and something there can be some learning curve.

Pros

Deltek is very flexible in terms of building timesheet with different projects and hours. The smallest hour unit I know is 0.5 which is very good! It allows me to report a more real time spend.

Cons

Sometimes it is hard to find a certain project if I only know half of the name and not the beginning.

Tiffany

Reviewed on 12/03/2019

Aaccounting software for project based company

Pros

It is quite compatible to companies ran project-based

Cons

Reportings can can a pain at times. Dashboards could be improved.

Reviewed on 01/08/2022

Great to Track Project Data, but Graphics are Dated

Works great for timesheets, tracking project data, and expense reports. Just don’t expect the program to be anything fancy or flashy

Pros

Great resource for keeping tabs on project data/business development/customer database for All clients. Haven’t delved into the project management components myself, but hear that they are pretty good too.

Cons

For a software to support the architecture world I am floored at how ugly and dated the interface looks. We have some architects who think it looks too ugly and refuse to use it which is a massive headache. Would love to see it get a redesign or face lift.

Also it’s difficult to see longer project names - they get cut off in the scroll view. Pulling reports isn’t super intuitive either

Shivakant

Reviewed on 21/03/2018

The extremely useful database, not so user-friendly

Configurable, customizable fully integrated solution.

Pros

The sheer amount of customization of this program is amazing - my firm can track tons of information and cross-reference it in multiple ways to keep all of our ducks in a row and coordinate our efforts.

Cons

When differentiating between projects, there are certain areas, "tasks" that can be used for billing and it does make it hard to not customize how one separates the work.

Remington

Reviewed on 04/12/2018

Great Project Related Program

Pros

I think one of the best things about Deltek Vision is the Visualization piece. You can easily show people information on the fly and let people know what is critical for a report.

Cons

The ease of set-up is what got me. We had to have a full team help us and still have on site programmers to maintain it.

Nicole

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

Deltek Vision

Overall it works well and is basic and easy to use.

Pros

It's easy and straightforward to use. You can look up old timesheets and it prompts you to check over your work before you submit.

Cons

I wish more features would save. Typing on repeatedly is tedious when most of it is the same information.

Reviewed on 15/11/2016

Twelve Years as a Deltek User

In 2004, the professional services firm I worked for was managing a $10M/year business using Quickbooks. It was clunky and problematic, with no real analytic capability (i.e., where and how were we making money). I investigated various solutions, and discovered Deltek Vision. We hired an outside consultant to install and configure Vision for us,and life changed. We suddenly had a true business management solution. As the CFO, I finally had a tool that could give me true insight into the underpinning of our business,and where were profitable (and where we were not).

Two years later, at a architectural firm, I inherited Axiom Protrax, practically a DOS-based solution. I quickly tired of operating with a 20-year old platform, and advocated for Vision. Having experienced one implementation,I was not enthused with dropping $60K for an outside party to tell me what to do to configure the system. So, over three months,I single-handedly configured and implemented Vision at a 50-person architectural firm. And it has made all the difference. Vision has continued to grow, through internal development and outside acqusition, and through it all they have maintained a consistent look and feel to the product. Adding functionality without detracting from the user experience. And their customer support has remained top-notch. I love the quick chat. If I just have a quick question, I can go quick chat, and quickly resolve my issues.

I love this produce, and it meets the needs of my business.

Pros

The user experience. The ability to customize the interface. The ability to quickly drill down into reports.

Cons

It is such a rich,deep product that some of its functionality remains unused.

Debra

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

Searching for data results in quick results, good report generation feature, easy to edit.

Information about each project such as who is the PM, lead architect, lead accountant, project location, legacy data, status, etc. is essential to our business. We can easily search for all current projects in any city, state, province, country. Our PMs use this to keep track of payments, invoices, employees assigned to the project, budget data, and documents stored on our servers can be linked from within a record. We can view other projects for the vendor or client.

Pros

It allows me to have three databases open. In my case, Projects, Employees and Timesheets. It's great to toggle between them without having to log out and in again. Data retrieval is quick. It allows me to search for very specific information so my results don't overwhelm. Data access is controlled at the user level so people cannot edit fields without proper permission. Before Vision, we used a database that contained project numbers that were preserved in the Vision database. So if we need to look up project data based on the old number, we are able to. This saves us a lot of time.

Cons

It is difficult to learn this software on your own beyond searching. There are so many features that allow us to look at the data in several ways. Most of those ways are unknown to me so training is required. I would suggest that companies provide proper training before implementing it firmwide to avoid frustration.

Rob

Reviewed on 31/08/2017

Could build an aircraft carrier with this software or use it to run a small destroyer,...

Overall as compared to the other 5 ERP systems I have used over the years I have to say Vision is one of the best out there, especially for project oriented tracking. Deltek is also a company looking for improvement and advancement within their programs. The new generation they are working on to Vision takes the program to a very modern and more robust place. Great things are coming!

Pros

Has the ability to be customized in many ways to improve functionality and process routine tasks behind the scenes with workflows. Great when you want scheduled reports to be pushed out to staff on a regular basis, can be either be emailed or sent to a dashboard. System is fairly easy to use and navigate once you get the hang of it. However, the size and capability can be off putting if you give too much access to none power users.

Cons

Although there are many reports and lots of options within each report they can also be limiting. For example if you wanted to run an A/R graph for aging you can only choose three options (Current, 30, & 60 days). Therefore if you have five options (Current, 30+, 60+, 90+, 120+) you will need to run two graphs to see all the info. However, if you have someone who know SQL you can design and write your own reports which is a plus.

Joel
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 10/06/2019

Deltek Vision Review

It makes planning for business finance simpler. With an amazing interface (dashboard for quick access), you can make plans and generate detailed reports needed for decision-making.

Pros

When it comes to everything accounting, this tool is reliable and effective. You can effectively manage budgeting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, revenue report and financial forecasts. Financial planning requires accuracy and detailed info and therefore, it can be daunting when you are dealing with several projects at a go that require planning. This tool saves you all the trouble and helps you plan accordingly .

Secondly, it makes organization pretty simple. You can determine which of your staff are suitable for a particular project based on previous reports detailing their performance on the project.

You can also get to the root of issues because everything is pretty much detailed. Businesses have ups and downs from time to time and having a tool that helps you get to the bottom of hindrances is an added advantage.

It guarantees you great and reliable insight with features such as payroll, mobile app, expense management and client invoice among others.

Cons

Though it fully covers planning for business in nearly all aspects, I'd really ask that they check out resource planning.

Document implementation shouldn't have hitches at all. That also should be checked.

Stephanie

Reviewed on 26/06/2017

Deltek Vision has everything an A&E firm needs to run its daily business. From project...

Pros

Everything that you need is in one software program. You can plan a new project, see which employees are available to sssign tasks to, and run payroll all with out leaving the software. Reports, including custom reporting, is quick and as easy as selecting what you want the report to show and hitting preview. From there you can print or save as either a PDF or as an excel spreadsheet which makes the reports even more versatile. With the addition of iAccess it's helping the 'away-from-the-office' employees be able to check time sheets and project info from anywhere.

Cons

The learning curve for implementing features not previously used is a little steep. There's not a lot of "free" tutorials for setting up features to begin with, although you can find quite a bit of information about using features once you have them set up correctly.

Diana

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Great product, customizable and great support

Centralized Project based accounting and reporting.

Pros

The customer support at Deltek is great, they are always available to help you out with questions you may have wither technically or application use. Vision is also customizable, they have a talented staff that is able to help customize the software to your business's needs. Standard out of box features are easy to use and the company is always looking for input from customers to improve it's use.

Cons

It get a little bit more on the cumbersome side to use if your a larger company, although I feel like this might in part be due to our customization of the software as well. As mentioned in my Pros, Deltek's support staff is always helpful in any situation so with their help we can usually work through any issues that occur.

Charon
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Current User, Worked with Super Users

It has been a great tool. it makes me brush up on some financial skills that I haven't needed for a while. its useful for the whole company but I wish it were more easier to incorporate things as for all staff to learn.
Overall I love working in Vision.

Pros

Its easy to lear, tons of data files to export and use. there are some very useful features. A company could run all financial aspects and management tools of their firm with this one system but for a bit of money. There are options to use this in the cloud. Training is available although at a cost. Many advantages, many uses.

Cons

Would be great if there was a ease of use for non-financial personnel. More useable help links that really get you to where you need to be, less costly. Wish it was not going away.

Rossana
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 14/04/2017

Deltek Vision

DRMP, Inc is a Civil Engineering firm with 350+ employees. It has been using Vision since 10 years ago and before that it used Advantage. The following modules have been implemented:
- Vision Core
- Vision CRM
- Vision Payroll
- Deltek Talent Acquisition
And we're in the process of implementing Asset Management and Deltek Talent Performance

Vision is used as our ERP system company wide.

Pros

- Very customizable. As it uses SQL as the backend database, custom store procedures can be created to automate company processes.
- Very powerful software that can meet a lot of the company's needs.
- The use of workflows is something else that is very beneficial because it allows to automate task.

Cons

- The security portion is cumbersome and sometimes not very flexible.
- Training is very expensive

Marie

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

Great tool for project management and proposal preparation

Pros

I've used this software for at least 3 years now, it's great for many things like project management and proposal preparation. It allows you to store and organize so much info per each project you might be working on. In my case, we use it for architectural and engineering projects. We use it daily.

Cons

The platform is a bit outdated looking, but the software does its job which is organizing info. One of the main cons I would see is the creation of duplicates, this is a great issue when doing proposal preparation. Some people have read-only permissions but other who can edit often create duplicates, so a little maintenance needs to be done here and there.

Cindy

Reviewed on 12/06/2015

Great integrated ERP solution for project-based business

Pros

The product is designed for architects, engineers and project-based consultants and it does that very well. The best part to me is that it is a 360 degree solution from sales lead tracking to proposal creation to project accounting to overall company financial results and back again. It covers the entire project lifecycle and emphasizes how every piece of data from every stage of that cycle integrates and affects all the other stages.
The vendor is great at taking customer feedback and working that in to future releases of its products.

Cons

The only difficult thing we have come across is due to the fact that our company is very small and the software is generally built for mid-sized companies. It means that many of the modules can be overkill for us and the training needs a bit more than we expected to use all the features, bells and whistles.

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Deltek Vision Review for Engineers

Pros

Easy to keep track of time for consultants. Fairly easy to navigate through the system, but you need to use it all the time otherwise you'll forget. I like the fact that it predicts or can search for fields even if you don't have a full job number for a project. I also like that there is an APP for the software.

Cons

Takes too long to load up. My android app also isn't so fast , and there isn't as many options available on the app as I would like (i.e. to read comments that people write before I approve their timesheet or expense sheet).

Reviewed on 11/04/2017

Love Deltek Vision!

I have been using Deltek Vision for well over a decade. I love it! It's flexible, easy to use and completely customizable.

Pros

The flexibility. Ease of use.

Cons

The reporting feature. In my last job, where I also functioned database administrator, I used Crystal Reports (which I really liked) to create the reports I needed. In my new job, I don't have Crystal so I've been having to make do with the standard reports which aren't as customizable.

cecilia

Reviewed on 22/03/2017

My Vision experience

this begins our 4th year of Vision use after a conversion from QuickBooks. there is no other software I'm aware of that has the project reporting capabilities that Vision does; sometimes it's a little overwhelming. It would be nice if some of the "standard' reports would be created a little different to become another standard report. On the minus side, our Project Managers have complained that you have to put the same information in too many places; that it would be nice if the same info flowed into all the other of Vision.

Pros

everything is integrated: project, accounting, marketing, leads, conferences

Cons

different elements can be very, very technical

Nancy

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

Deltek Vision Cloud SAS

I have been using Deltek Vision for approximately two years. Company provides professional services, so mainly T&E projects, a few fixed price projects. Integrated T&E and financials works very well. Standard reports provide most of what we need and have found customizing easy to do. Mainly using accounting, billing, T&E, reporting. Setting up new projects, new employees, new vendors, and new clients is pretty simple. However, some of the backend setup, such as Revenue Methods is complicated, so we've had to hire a consultant a couple of times. Deltek Customer Support has been great. Prompt response time and great follow up. No issues with system availability either.

Pros

Integrated T&E with financials.

Cons

User manual does not provide enough detail on configuration. Anything complicated requires use of a consultant.

Cristine
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 29/06/2017

Deltek Vision is a great ERP!

Pros

Project Reporting - Project review feature allows PM view their project financial information easily
Time and Expense - Easy for end users
Reporting - Robust reporting module
Easily customizable - Can easily add additional fields, custom grid, and other information that is needed

Cons

Mobile apps - The mobile apps are not user friends. They are clumsy for end users.
Reporting is difficult for new users - New users need a lot of training on report. It is so logical it is hard for new users