MiVoice Business Solution Reviews

About MiVoice Business Solution

MiCloud Connect (formerly ShoreTel) is a cloud-based VoIP phone system that offers collaboration and conferencing tools to enable information flow within the organization. The solution enables system administrators to manage...

3.8
4.1
3.9

Browse MiVoice Business Solution Reviews

Kelsey
Kelsey

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Company Phone/IM Service

Pros

My company uses this software for our phone service and IM service. It is so nice to be able to instant message employees that are not in the same building.

Cons

No complaints here- I'm very happy with the functionality of this product. We will continue to use it in our company.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 17/08/2018

Master your availability with MiCollab

I have selected the product for purchase and have been using it for about seven years together with other Mitel solutions.

Pros

MiCollab enables employees to master their own availability. Wish to choose when to receive phonecalls on your desk phone and when on your mobile? Redirect calls to a co-worker when you are unavailable? Change your status based on your calendar, schedule or location? You name it, the software can help you accomplish it.
It integrates with Outlook so it can recognize who's calling, and you can look up your collegues in the employee directory. You can even set up a conference call with multiple attendees if you are an advanced user.
Clients are available for a wide range of platforms: Windows, macOS, Android, IOS and Web.

Cons

The user interface design is not very intuitive. You need to get used to it since it does not really follow Windows interface design standards. Also, some features are not available on all platforms.
There is a new Windows client available which is much more user friendly, but it lacks some features like programming the buttons of a Mitel desk phone.
Room for improvement is how Mitel handles it customers. We do not get direct access to the software. Everything must be done via a 'partner' even though we pay yearly to receive product updates. This is the only vendor that refuses customers to download the licensed software directly.

Kristin
Kristin

Reviewed on 21/04/2020

MiTeam Meetings Review

MiTeam worked well for our video-based delivery solution. It allowed us to go from audio-only to a video-based platform which was part of our yearly department goal. It allowed us to connect "face-to-face" with our participants we rarely get to "see". This helped us to make a jump in our attendance and audience engagement which was also a department goal. We just missed the polling feature and the option to use on a mobile device.

Pros

When our team went from audio-based monthly webinars to video-based we took advantage of the MiCollab platform we already used and tried the MiTeam Meetings to deliver our monthly content. It allowed us to connect with over 50 people to deliver our monthly initiatives. It also allowed us to see different participants in the mulit-pane format and allowed for the multiple presenters to be front and center when delivering their own content. The chat feature was helpful for when we needed to keep participants muted but questions that arose could be addressed. With the use of Micollab we were able to send invites with the calendar integration which was efficient and easy for participants to access. The screen sharing feature was the most valuable for us as presenters used presentation slides to highlight their content.

Cons

We found that the MiTeam Meeting software lacked some functionality we were wanting to use on a regular basis. Polling was a feature we had used with the previous software and was not available with MiTeam. This was definitely a con for us. We use polling to gauge audience interest, knowledge and guide how some of the content will be delivered. This was definitely something we needed. We also found some obstacles with the calendar integration between MiCollab and MiTeam. It didn't always work seamlessly which was a point of frustration for our admin side of operations. We also found that not having mobile integration proved frustrating for some of our participants that needed to access the webinars via mobile device.

Top MiVoice Business Solution Alternatives

Sookhee

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Very good phone for office use

Pros

Easy to make a call using computer keyboard and never to reach out the phone itself. Also good to track all voice mail and phone history.

Cons

Many functions are hidden on the phone and you will need to learn how to use them using manual. Buying phone accessories like headset is not directly from ShoreTel but their third party dealer.

Gurvinder
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 01/07/2018

ShoreTel

Pros

The system does well when you only have to receive calls and listen to voicemail. However, system gets very complicated when you want to use it for advance features

Cons

My company has Shoretel, I was surprised to see how the system is not user friendly. Features like call forwarding can take time to setup. Even the phones are not easy to navigate...I have used much simpler phones with great features.

Matt
Matt

Reviewed on 06/12/2017

I use shoretel alot and overall it works pretty well

Pros

There are a lot of great features for conferencing phone calls and have a simple to use call tree. Love the customization.

Cons

There are quite a few glitches that I experience. For example, I will go to put a call on hold and it will display an error. Eventually I can put the call on hold, but it can get frustrating if I have a customer waiting.

Talib
Talib
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 21/04/2021

A great tool but some teething issues makes this a tool that has left us slightly disappointed

It's been a good experience but I wish it could have been better.
We are now considering other options which is a shame

Pros

The integration was brilliant but the feature I like the best is the ability to call a number just by clicking on a phone number that has been recognised in Google Chrome by the Chrome extension. This is available either when searching through different webpages or even our CRM system which is accessed through Google Chrome.

Cons

I don't like that the software has so many issues with our other tools and VPN

Ann M.
Ann M.

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

Shoretel VOIP is the best business phone system I've used

Pros

It has all the features one could want, is easy to use, and even if you haven't used a feature in a while it basically teaches you again simply

Cons

It's internet based - which means if we lose internet or electricity our system is down. It happens a couple times a year. But it's the nature of using VOIP, not the system's fault

Asim Kumar
Asim Kumar

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Good software for communication

Pros

The voice quality and the features like conference, Call transfer, Call hold, Screen share

Cons

Very large app. The exe file is very big.

Brittany
Brittany
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 19/05/2019

YesTel to ShoreTel

Pros

It is a well known and established name so I knew it was going to be helpful with the different features it provides. The caller ID after hours is a nice touch when working for a small business!

Cons

The cell phone app has many bugs and problems at times but other than that, nothing!

Jeff
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Enterprise class VOIP phone system at a much lower cost than competitors

We needed a VOIP system that was powerful, yet easy to setup and use without having to hire someone full time to operate it. ShoreTel gave us exactly that and now with over 350 phones, we rarely ever have any issues.

Pros

Although its a hardware and software VOIP telephone system, the software is extremely powerful and flexible, yet very easy to setup and use. Once it's programmed, it simply works. There are a lot of hardware options when selecting phones and enterprise required devices that making simple connections to remote offices and mobile users possible. You will also notice Mitel has acquired ShoreTel, but same high quality software and hardware support available.

Cons

Tech support is great, but extremely expensive and only available through VAR's or primary vendor you purchased hardware through. Trade off is that if not too complex of implementation, instruction manuals provided make for fairly easy install and setup.

April
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 04/02/2020

Mitel

The support team was very nice, but problems did not get solved quickly and problems happened often

Pros

Translation option and we liked the actual phones.

Cons

Needed to contact support often and they were not available often.

FluentStream

Reasons for Choosing MiVoice Business Solution

Cox wasn't working to our satisfaction

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

I utilize ShoreTel Connect Cloud to manage my desk phone and voicemail.

Very few. It's biggest benefit to me is the "in a meeting" function so my ringer doesn't sound when I don't want it to. Otherwise, its lack of (working) functionality is frustrating to me and my staff. When we rely on ShoreTel, we're often let down. I would not recommend it, I'd prefer to use Avaya's cloud offering.

Pros

The ability to set states (in a meeting, vacation, available, etc) is the primary perk. I also like the ability to download voicemail files for record-keeping or forwarding to other ShoreTel users in my office.

Cons

The functionality of certain features is unstable. Call forwarding works with hit or miss accuracy. I've had issues with calls being forwarded, but are unanswerable once the other line rings. Additionally, the ease of use for many of the phone options are clunky. My phone has the color display, yet I have to use the numeric keypad to select features on and off like older legacy style phones. I'm also frustrated I get notified of voicemails in Outlook when off my network, but I'm unable to play the file from the cloud.

Timothy

Reviewed on 22/05/2021

Decent Software with Potential

My overall experience with MiCollab has been decent. If a few features can be fixed, the product would be excellent. I would be very happy if the iPhone application would allow for calls to come in without it being open on my screen. Since I have been using the product for less than six months, I will continue to explore all the features it offers.

Pros

I liked the ease of use and user friendly interface the most. The controls are large and easy to see such as the number keyboard. I use MiCollab on my computer for telework during the pandemic. I also uses the application on my iPhone 8 which allows me to step away from my computer and still be able to take calls. The system is straight forward when answering, placing, and transferring calls. I also enjoy exploring new features when I have time.

Cons

I have experienced a number of problems when using MiCollab, particularly the app on my iPhone 8. To be fair, I’m not sure if this is related to the software on my implementation of it though. I will not be alerted to incoming calls unless I have the app open on my phone. Additionally, calls sometimes come through late and I will be unable to answer the call in time. These problems ,while frustrating, are thankfully rare and avoidable as long as I keep the application open.

Jake
Jake

Reviewed on 12/09/2017

Great theoretical functionality that tends to not live up to the hype

Pros

I like that it integrates with Salesforce and the click to dial functionality is awesome. It allows for easy dialing without the worry of mis-clicking the wrong number. I also like that it ties a call to a contact and case and allows you to easily take notes while you're on the phone.

Cons

The biggest problem with this software is that it's very unreliable. Call notes regularly get lost. Calls won't attach to cases and the notes will get deleted. I also don't like that there is no way to handle extensions.

Robert

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

ShoreTel/Mitel

We've been customers for over 10 years. It is a very stable and scalable platform.

Pros

This is a great VOIP system. The software is easy to configure and the phones work great. The platform runs without much need for interaction.

Cons

Support costs and partnership fees can be very expensive. However, the system just works, and doesn't require a lot of maintenance.

jamison
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 09/03/2018

This is easy to use, keeps record/history of phone calls and able to transfer dial as well.

You are able to go back and check your call history and check voicemail and see who it is versus calling and not knowing.

Pros

Pros: You are able to check call history, check your length of calls, run reports, check statistics, works well with the phone itself and virtual system (application) on the computer.

Visual of who left voicemails and caller id.

Cons

Cons, If the virtual system to log in off ect. goes down it is cumbersome to use the phone to log in and out and check history.

Reviewed on 27/06/2017

Pros

We use mitel phones and software in our office, and for the most part, the phones are rock solid. They work well, good audio quality and work well with my headset

Cons

We stopped using the software after a strange issue showed up on Windows 10 where it would cause CPU to spike indefinitely, killing laptop batteries. I think that has been resolved now, but it went on for so long, we switched to another chat client.

Alyssa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 13/06/2019

Works Okay

It's not a terrible brand, but it could certainly be better. The price was better, so we went with them, but we miss our old provider.

Pros

I like that all of the features are in one place, and that everything is easy to find.

Cons

I don't like the functionality of this product. I feel that our prior phone service was better, and easier to use.

stephanie

Reviewed on 27/11/2017

Very basic phone service

Good for its price, just like all other systems it definitely also glitches and cuts out.

Pros

It does it's job, you can make calls and I do appreciate the integration with Salesforce. Compared to other systems this is one of the few systems that logs incoming calls which is really helpful.

Cons

Its a bare bone phone operating system. The interface could be a lot more sleek and they can somehow streamline the steps it takes to find a call and download the call you need. The system is always crashing, not very useful when you're in sales.

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Makes Calling People a Breeze

I am able to work hands free when I'm on the phone now and can control everything from my computer. This is one of my favorite tools to use at work.

Pros

I don't have to use any numbers on the phone to call people, I can just bring it up on a computer, type in a name, and click call.

Cons

While it is easy to make calls, setting up the Tools and Settings can be confusing.

Nick

Reviewed on 05/05/2020

Shoretel to Mitel

This product has worked well and its always gotten the job done.

Pros

I've been using Mitel/Shoretel for years. What has made this a great experience was the middle man vendor Packetfusion.

Cons

It is incredibly pricey, and unless you are set up with a very expensive yearly support agreement you cannot upgrade.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 14/02/2022

Great product but back end a bit combersome

Overall it works well for what we need it for.

Pros

Real time reporting of inbound/outbound calls. Being able to customize inbound calling and pull daily reports on several metrics with the calling.

Cons

Backend setup and customization is a bit more cumbersome that other software used in the past.

Diane
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

ShoreTel is a great product

Ease of use and ability to contact employees without picking up my phone!

Pros

I love the ease of using ShoreTel from my computer screen. It makes it much easier to call other employees when I need help with something

Cons

There is nothing a I do not like about ShoreTel. It is very easy to use and I have not had any problems with it.

Kali
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 20/09/2018

Not very user friendly

Pros

I like how you can customize groups within the system to be able to make transfers without the desk top phone. I unfortunately do not have a lot of other things that I like about this software.

Cons

This software could use a lot more user friendly options. To transfer using the online system you have to go through a series of 3-4 clicks, and if another call is coming in you have to wait for that to be transferred before you can transfer the call you have.