About Maximizer CRM

Maximizer CRM is an integrated customer relationship management (CRM) solution suitable for organizations of all sizes across various industries. This solution can be deployed on both on-premise and in the cloud. Maximizer CRM...

3.8
3.9
3.8

Browse Maximizer CRM Reviews

Adam

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Good Update from Past CRM

We switched from Goldmine because of the extreme limitations we were finding with ongoing support and updates. We have been pleasantly surprised with maximizer, but still feel as though there are opportunities for improvement.

Pros

The interface is intuitive and allows for easy access to information that is needed to confidently engage a client across all team members.

Cons

It would be nice to include some type of gant chart to help track projects that are not sales-based.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Maximizer CRM

Maximizer was a better fit for our size of staff.

GoldMine Premium Edition

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Adam,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We're delighted to hear that you Maximizer easy to use and intuitive.

I have shared your feedback directly with our Product Manager to address these challenges. We look forward to continuing to work with you to help you enhance your sales process.

Replied 28/07/2022
Kathy-Rae

Maximizer user since the early 90's

The latest feature that I love is the relation manager it could be a little easier to use. For example I refer customers to service providers that I have in our database. The feature allows me to link that customer with the service providers that we have referred. I can then follow up with the provider to see if they heard from the customer and to make them realize that I'm tracking the precious leads that I send to them.

Pros

Maximizer has been my right arm since the early 90's. Our company has grown with Maximizer and watched the software evolve into a very powerful tool. The ability to organize all your customers in one program and to have the mobile ability to bring customer files up on our smart phone is incredible. It makes the customer feel important as you have all the details at your finger tips about their likes and dislikes. Many customers will comment that they can't believe I remembered one detail or another...I don't have the heart to tell them I have it all documented in my Maximizer program.

Cons

The addition of the campaign management is a critical feature but is very difficult to use. It is fabulous to have this in Maximizer but it is not as easy to use as some of the others such as Constant Contact. The integration of and the statistics are very important to see what customers are clicking on within your email broadcast. Increasing the ability to make adding graphics and enhancing the viewing pleasure of the customer would be very helpful.

Zoho Connect, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

I had not upgraded my software with Maximizer for several years and did not realize all the fabulous new features that had been added. Probably my biggest stumbling block was at the time my company relied upon the ability to have the integration with QuickBooks. I did not want to go to the online version of QB to have this integration. Our company moved away from needing this feature but now that we are doing more online sales I think it would be instrumental. Although I have heard that the online version of QB is not a good idea. Wish there was a way to integrate the online version of Max with the desktop version of QB.
Josh

Reviewed on 11/07/2017

Robust, but lacking integration

It really is a solid CRM, and did well keeping the entire company apprised of the situation. It handles B2B and B2C with ease, and made it very easy to keep tabs on our clients. If it integrated with other critical apps, automated marketing tasks, and had a stronger customer service tool, we'd still be using it today.

Pros

I really liked the User definable setup, and the hierarchy between contacts and companies. I also liked how every user defined value got it's own view in SQL, so it was very easy to extract data into other systems using the database. It's very familiar to office users, and performed really well, even with 90,000 contacts/companies in it. It's a solid CRM, as long as that's all you need.

Cons

It didn't integrate well with other applications. We use Google Apps, and Quickbooks, which are pretty common. But it wouldn't integrate with either, and was going to cost in order to write each integration. The customer service case manager was minimalist, so it was simple to use, but didn't allow for a conversation to happen (eg I couldn't tell how much back and forth happened during a customer service case, or if the customer had updated information on the case). The email generation tool was primitive, and only allowed for basic, ugly html. Any advanced formatting, or click tracking common to things like MailChimp weren't available. There wasn't any marketing automation to speak of, and there wasn't any automated lead scoring. Everything had to be done by hand, and unfortunately humans aren't reliable.

Top Maximizer CRM Alternatives

Adrian

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Maximizer CRM for Financial Advisors

Client relationships are the heart of our business. Maximizer makes the managing of these relationships easy and limits things "falling through the cracks".

Pros

Once we had imported our current clients, Maximizer was incredibly easy to use. It's well laid out, and its simplicity belies an underlying ability to do complex things. I love the fact that it integrates really well with the Microsoft Office suite of programs.

Cons

I can't think of a true "con" for Maximizer. It's always being updated and features added so it's never stale.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Adrian,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience with us! We're so happy to hear that we've helped make managing client relationships easier for you and reduce the amount of missed opportunities.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive!

Replied 01/11/2022
Craig

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

CRM - A need, not a want!

We were looking to consolidate our customers into one central location to understand our marketplace better, focus on their needs and wants, which would be accessible to the whole sales team. To turn data into high value information by tracking the opportunities the business attracts and managing prospect’s expectations to convert more opportunities into wins. We can now see in real time how all of our opportunities are progressing. We also have automated reports in our Dashboard module showing the business’s sales performance and pipeline, which allows us to focus on each individual opportunity without any being left unnurtured. We have now linked our CRM with Mailchimp to allow for focused marketing campaigns based on the data we add to the Address Book. We now have a clear sales process that can be tracked with clear ‘what’s next’ actions to implement.

Pros

We needed a solution to move away from paper / spreadsheets for our customer database and whilst all CRM packages do this Maximizer gave us the bespoke nature to take control and not have an out of the box solution. The opportunity module is by far my favourite feature as now I can provide the Board with snapshots of our entire pipeline, weighted or not, which sector / products and track each opportunity on their own merits and assign the time and resources to achievable projects.

Cons

Very busy main screen for some users and dashboard is a tad frustrating sometimes, Insights would be nice but that feature is too expensive.

• Industry: Investment Management

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

Wouldn't Have A Growing Business Without It

I believe the business is better protected. We are more effecient. We have a small team and any one of us can take a phone call from a client and within seconds understand any history to do with a client issue. It might be something very simple or complex but because I can call up notes from others on the team and access all emails between us and the client and our back office it saves a tremendous amount of time. I think it also gives the client confidence that we know what we are doing because they don't have to explain an issue all over again

Pros

It is incredibly flexible. Basic programming that comes out of the box is more than what you need because it anticipates that not all advisors operate the same way. We have used it to save ourselves hours of work and redesigned how it works with us rather than us redesigning how we work. Saving of all emails under client file along with relevant notes. Easy tracking of client service work as well as understanding staff workload issues.

Cons

Like any CRM it takes time to learn and create new work habits yes you should throw away the paper notes. Regulators expectations are moving the bar upwards. Love to see a system map starting with a contact. How do each of the tabs relate to different functions. Because of its rich customizable capabilities it can be overwhelming even for your help desk.

Sue Lynn

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Incredible CRM!

Over the last few decades it has help improve my career because of the tracking and flexibility of the design. I couldn't recommend a better CRM.

Pros

The best feature is that you can design it to work best for your field, the user defined fields are very important in a specialty or unique business.

Cons

I don't have anything bad to say, I've been using this software for over 20 years! it's awesome!

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Sue Lynn,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive experience with Maximizer over the past 20 years!

We're so happy that our fully customizable fields have made it easy for Maximizer to fit in with your business process.

Looking forward to helping your organization continue to thrive for many more years.

Replied 07/11/2022
Ray

Reviewed on 25/10/2022

Ray's Review

There are too many problems it solves to list, but suffice it to say, I could not run my business without a CRM and a Case Management system which Maximizer does very well!

Pros

The best part has always been the comprehensiveness of the product, how modules fit together, combined with Mail Integration. These have always been key for me. It's easy to use for the most part if you enjoy technology and when you need them, support is very close and very good.

Cons

The price is high in my mind. I enjoyed stand alone because I was more in control of my expenses. I could keep a version running until I had to upgrade. I don't like the never ending cost and in truth, it has caused me to begin looking for alternatives.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Ray,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive Maximizer experience. We're happy that you've found our product easy to use.

We certainly value your business and hope to retain you as a client. Still, we also believe in the value of our product and try to add the most value for our customers by reinvesting back into Maximizer and its processes. We hope you appreciate the value of our service in terms of customer experience, user interface, and product features.

We hope to continue to serve you and help your organization thrive.

Replied 27/10/2022
Brian

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

Long Time Maximizer User

I have looked at many different programs but Maximizer keeps winning the discussion for continued use. I have been using the program for 30 years now.

Pros

The easy interface is very intuitive and the integration with Microsoft Word and Outlookis flawless.

Cons

I wish that Maximizer had a better interface to use Outlook directly from the program

Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

Maximizer is way easier to integrate into a daily routine. It does everything I need to keep up to date information on my clients.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Brian,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review and being a Maximizer customer for the last 30 years.

At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better, and we have several new updates and features coming up soon.

Looking forward to continuing to work with you for many more years!

Maximizer Team

Replied 07/11/2022

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

Maximized for small companies

I use Maximizer as a contact manager with category tracking of contacts. I don’t use sales leads or opportunities as I find their use to be a little cumbersome for what we do and do see the value. I use it because it’s what I’ve used for years. It has features that are valuable to me, but it would be nice to know I could integrate a second or third user to share info. However, for an add on user to share my data, I would likely go to other products due to the challenges with implementation for less tech savvy users.

Pros

The things I like most about Maximizer is the customizability and user defined fields. The ability to set up my crm to look and function exactly the way I want is superior to many other products. Also, then unlimited contacts for the subscription surpasses the value vs the more main stream cloud based crm that charge per contact.

Cons

Integrated apps don’t function seamlessly or are limited. Additionally, the custom features can be tricky to set up if you are not super familiar with the platform. I’ve been using this for 23 years and have grown with the features, but I still have issues finding ways to accomplish setup tasks. Last, at least some monthly customer service should be included with the subscription. Most other paid services provide this.

Peter

Reviewed on 13/07/2021

Perspective from an almost retired user

Pros

The support during the transition from another CRM was exceptional. The training videos and online webinar have been most helpful in the early days of being a user. Office app integration for the most part have been trouble free.

Cons

The interface with the dealer's system (IPC) was way too slow to be of any practical use. It hung up way too often and after 3 minutes of watching the circle of doom, I used to retrieve the pertinent data directly from the manufacturer's website. A highly desirable feature that motivated me to sign up in the first place ended up being a costly proposition that added no value.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Good Overall Solution

Maximizer helps me simplify organizing my calendar and appointments, makes following up on tasks almost automatic, keeps all my contact info, notes, address updates and all I need to know in one easy to get to place - regardless of where I am. I find working remotely much easier using Maximizer. My staff loves it because they have instant access to all my client notes to help them in their jobs.

Pros

Maximizer has everything I require to easily organize my client relationships without being cluttered up with features I don't need. It is simple, intuitive and easy to use from the beginning and the training modules are great.

Cons

The contact list search engine is awkward - it only flashes the list starting with the first 3 letters, then it disappears and you have to type in the whole name . . .

The embedded template feature is gone and is now attached to MSWord - which is an awkward connection.

Because I have secure/encrypted email with my company, with severe firewalls - Maximizer cannot link to my corporate outlook email - this is not a significant problem and I would rather have the added protection than the convenience. I can still easily save all email communication through Outlook to Maximizer.

Tom
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 09/08/2018

Maximizer and the cloud

As a small magazine publisher I've used Maximizer to manage ad sales, subscriptions and distribution as well as basic contact management. I expect that Maximizer is even more powerful with a larger organization.

Pros

As a former ACT user, I was originally attracted to Maximizer because of it's link at the time to Quickbooks. I stuck with it when that linkage was dropped because it offered so many other features and flexibility than what I had experienced previously. When we moved from Desktop to a Server for remote connections may patience, time and financial resources were stretched to the limit. I was initially dubious about the cloud solution, particularly concerned about reliability. However that has not been an issue. Maximizer has overdelivered. Calls for technical help have been rare.

Cons

My learning curve was a challenge (several years ago) in part because the program was so powerful. I think a wider range of tutorials and customized templates have probably improved the startup experience. A major nuisance item is the need to use Internet Explorer in order to take advantage of the link with Word templates.

CESCO MAXIMIZER REVIEW

Pros

Good data base and records keeping ... allows instant recall of important information.

Cons

THIS IS LUDICROUS ! I really cannot believe you did this in the new version ( cloud ) vs. the old version. USER DEFINED FIELDS ... must be entered for EVERY CONTACT NAME despite the fact they generally remain the same for the ADDRESS ENTRY ! An address entry ( Company ) may have many employees and the UDF for the company remains the same IE customer / supplier / competitor etc. For every contact name you must go in and enter all of the data in UDF for each one. This is a complete time waster ! Once you make a new address entry and then enter contacts under that name, the UDF should remain there unless there is an exception. THIS IS ANNOYING TO THE ULITMATE EXTENT !!!!! Imagine entering a corporation and having to do the UDF for every person ! THE OLD VERSION DID MAINTAIN THIS INFORMATION ... This is the most disturbing time waster in the new software and I have advised our I T supplier of this many times.

Cody
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 21/09/2022

Easy To Customize

We didn't have any 'issues' per se, but Maximizer is just a much better platform and is way easier to manage and populate.

Pros

The fact that is so easy to customize and train people on, is great.

Cons

It could be better set up to hold sales data and display it to the user. Also the fact that the Last Name is required doesn't fit with our needs and is a bit of a pain.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hello Cody,

First of all, thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and welcome back to Maximizer — we really value your input and flagging up areas where we can further improve.

Replied 17/10/2022
Vanessa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 01/02/2022

Maximizer is easy to use

Easy to use when you want to use it. Great way to create lists using filters so you can then create targeted emails.

Pros

I love that I can see the history of emails, phone calls, etc between a team member and a customer and pick up where they may have left off at in the sales funnel. I also like that I can save the details of their purchase and quickly refer to it when they call with a service issue.

Cons

The cost for this program is large for a small company of only 3 people. Some members do not feel it is worth the money and they do not use it to its full potential. They come from companies that used Sales force and want to continue with that program so trying to teach them this program has been tedious.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to Maximizer CRM

My last business partner used Maximizer and carried it over with him. I fell in love with it.
Chrissy

Reviewed on 27/07/2022

Great Product to Keep Your Business Running Smoothly

Maximizer is a very important part of our day, we check it to see what tasks we have coming up, have completed, and what we are waiting for. It makes our day run smoothly and keeps everyone on track.

Pros

The features I like about Maximizer is that it is easy to use. There are many features that we use to keep the company running smoothly, even if someone is on holidays. You can add their tasks to yours so you know what needs to be done while they are away. The program keeps the client's files secure and easy to access when looking for a form. The customer service is wonderful and fast in helping find solutions.

Cons

There isn't much negative I can say. I don't use alot of the features, because I don't have time to just play around and see what else I could use to help with efficiency.

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Chrissy,

Thank you for leaving a 5-Stars review. At Maximizer, we continuously strive to serve you better. Looking forward to continuing to serve you!

Maximizer Team

Replied 28/07/2022
Paulina

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Maximizer Review

We are able to identify opportunities and keep it at the forefront with this software. All the information we need is at our fingertips on the go.

Pros

This software is user friendly and easy to use. We have been using this software since the 1990s. We left for a short period to try something new and quickly realized that Maximizer was better than any other product out there, so we switched back. We don't use all the feature however we learn new ones all the time and try to adopt them one by one. We are able to store all information for each every client, make notes, create documents, send email and assign tasks so our service does not fall through any cracks. It real is a great CRM tool

Cons

The only thing I don't like is that if I am at a computer that is not used by me. I can't find what web address I need to login. I have to remember to email the website to myself before I leave the office

Judi
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

UPGRADING TO LIVE

We have been a long time Maximizer user and overall are very happy with the product and service. The live version was a good upgrade for us overall. The software provides what we need and is user friendly for non techies.

Pros

It mostly allows us to make necessary connections between patients and recipients and to find information we need quickly.

Cons

We use the notes for important medical details and it is a challenge to have to dig through the notes with the live version. The recently added 'search' bar in notes is much appreciated and we're hopeful there will be further improvements to scrolling through notes more efficiently.

The possibility of not being able to connect due to a server glitch is very scary to us since we depend on the information relative to providing medication dosage on a daily basis for a medical business. If it goes down we are virtually out of business and unable to provide urgent medical information.

Greg

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Maximizer review

Maximizer really helps me to keep track of all the important personal and relevant business information for my clients and I can easily reference this information when I am talking with my clients. It's a great place to store my notes and I always quickly look over my client information on Maximizer before any client meeting to refresh my memory on everything I know about them.

Pros

I like how I can quickly access all of the information I have gathered on my clients and that it is categorized in easy to see areas.

Cons

I find the software a little clunky to use and I often have difficulty editing things how I would like it. For example, I would like to be able to edit some of the drop-down box options to delete options I never use and add things that I would. For example, in the notes section, I would like to have a category in the drop-down box for "withdrawal" but there is no such option and I cannot edit it to add something myself.

Highly recommend Maximizer CRM

The Maximizer platform is great but what is even more important is the customer service team is out standing. The customer service team is fast, knowledgeable and friendly. The best.

Pros

I'm in sales. Having a CRM is critical. Being able to track and store documents and emails to clients and prospects keeps me organized. We started scanning in 2007 and today I can see and work on any clients file from any where I have WIFI. All our scanning is in Maximizer. All important documents are in Maximizer. All important emails are attached in Maximizer. Customer service cases are attached in Maximizer with notifications. Our business depends on Maximizer and it has grown with us. Love the software.

Cons

I only wish I could save excel files directly to Maximizer without having to save to the desk top first.

ginette

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

Long time customer -Book Wholesaler-Store and Publisher (Indigenous)

One stop shop for sharing information in the office including an appointment calendar, notes and a company library.

Pros

I have been working with Maximizer for over 8 years. Since then, Maximizer has evolved and I can now update records and email from anywhere and anytime from my laptop, tablet or cell phone. Lists can be imported and exported in Excel. Maximizer offers webinar training, customer support and a user guide.
Maximizer provides templates for building email campaigns.

Cons

A wish list-A more user friendly campaign builder for large communication marketing via emails which creates records of clientele who visit promotional material sent to them, unsubscribe, email bounce. Maximizer has synchronized our records with Mailchimp but there is an additional cost for Mailchimp for maintaining the list of subscribers.

Megan
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 16/07/2021

Ease and customization for your unique business

Pros

This software is easy to understand and become comfortable working in when it comes to contact management and email integration. Maximizer offers many tools to be able to customize your data for your specific business and to continue to build on as your business grows. The ability to set a personalized dashboard to keep targets top of mind is very helpful and is a great way to start the day.

Cons

Having better integrations with other software would make our lives a lot easier. As well as having better duplicate checking for entries would eliminate a lot of work hours used to maintain a clean database.

HubSpot CRM

Reviewed on 13/02/2019

Daily necessity of my business

I keep detailed client meeting notes, important dates and follow-ups are automatic. I don't personally utilize the email integration within Maximizer, and hope that some day soon Maximizer will release functionality with MacOS for Outlook Integration, as this would be a huge pro for my business / work-day.

Pros

Customizable to your businesses needs and functions. Organization of all client data and notes. Follow up functionality, and searchable User Defined Fields a huge asset. Access from web/cloud based from anywhere.

Cons

Outlook integration compatibility does not work with MacOS which is a huge negative for me. The Windows Outlook & Word compatibility is seamless though.

Response from Maximizer Software

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

We're happy to hear Maximizer is having such a positive impact on your business, and want to assure you we are working on improving the Outlook MacOS integration.

Replied 21/03/2019
Shelley

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Have used for over 10+ years have been very pleased no reason to change

Pros

Cloud based … confident in their security features

Cons

Price for smaller offices

Response from Maximizer Software

Hi Shelley,

Thank you very much for sharing your Maximizer experience with us! We look forward to continue to work with your organization.

Replied 29/07/2022