Flodesk Reviews

About Flodesk

Flodesk is an email management solution that helps businesses streamline processes related to email designing, workflow creation, content management, and more on a centralized platform. It enables staff members to create and...

4.1
3.9

Browse Flodesk Reviews

Destiny
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

The BEST email platform EVER!

Everything from the account set up to the concept and design implementation to the functional features and accessibility of use is absolutely AMAZING! *Heart Eyes*

Pros

Absolutely LOVE everything about Flodesk!

Cons

We only wish it was interfaced with adding directly to websites with Squarespace without code. But, since we're still able to integrate and share our email pop up forms + links from Flodesk – It's okay! Perhaps this feature will be made available in the future!

Cody

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

It’s like Canva but for email marketing 🙌

I have set up Flodesk for 5 businesses so far and all of them love it!

Pros

Flodesk is super easy to set up for individuals who are new to email marketing. It’s also one of the most affordable email platforms available, making email accessible for nonprofits and startups.

Cons

I wish there was the ability to add custom fields to forms and the ability to use Flodesk as a contact form for websites.

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

Cost - Flodesk doesn’t charge per email subscriber so we can always anticipate our costs.

Lauren
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 29/04/2022

What an awful experience

I am not one to write negative reviews about a product or service (I never do) but I am sitting here trying to get help from this company to send a weekly email to my subscribers and NOTHING. I have been with mailchimp and was looking for an easy switch. Nope... I went to send out my weekly newsletter (this just happened to be the second email I sent from this program with no issues on the first email) and a pop-up appeared (similar to what other users said here) telling me my account needed to be verified and that this could take up to 48 hours- WHY A MESSAGE LIKE THIS WOULD APPEAR WHEN YOU ARE CLICKING 'SEND', as if you have 48 hours to wait on an email. Nothing when I signed in said 'lists had to be approved so do this first' and I am guessing (because I see all the other reviews) that they are going to ask me to go back to my 25k+ subscribers and get permission in flodesk (even though they all opted in for mailchimp). This is not a simple transition. I suspect if you have no email list and are just starting with them. Or if you send to less than 2k people (not for large businesses) then this software would work.

Best part about the 'business approval' process is that they are asking marketing questions (how did you hear about flodesk), as if this is at all relevant. I am assuming my email will never be going out.
This 'process' I see them writing about in response to the comments of others in the same boat does not exist for other email providers.

Pros

The emails looked beautiful. The templates seemed really easy to use. The text options were amazing.

Cons

I can't send emails, customer service does not help,

email service where you can't send emails lol.

Same thing happened to me as all the others here leaving the 1 star reviews. Clearly more common than they are sharing about.

Biggest con, you can't import lists from other companies (so forget about it if you have a big list), can't email, 'review' process takes forever and ultimately I suspect I will end up like the rest (waiting weeks). Do not at all recommend this company for anyone who doesn't have 48 hours to wait to send an email, or anyone with a relatively big email list.

Top Flodesk Alternatives

Michelle
  • Industry: Photography

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

sleek, modern, and can't wait to see what they roll out next!

I actually tried them a while back but left because there weren't as many bells + whistles as the other email system I'd been using. But after working with that old clunky system for a while, I came BACK to Flodesk. Because it's fresh, modern, sleek, and so EASY to use. It makes my brand look fresh, modern and with the times. And now I've got more people actually reading, clicking, and interacting with my emails.

Pros

It's sleek, modern, beautiful and easy to use. Drag and drop templates with lots of customization available, with a MODERN look. I can't emphasize this part enough. I actually switched over from another email system because while that one had more bells and whistles, it looked old and clunky. And when you've only got 3 seconds to capture someone's attention, Flodesk is a MUCH better fit. it's fresh, modern, and fits my audience so much better.

Cons

It's incredibly important to note that this software is still in BETA-mode. So there is a lot of room for growth/development, and it is close to getting there. My biggest wish is that there were landing pages available that could be used as stand-alone sales pages, and I think that is coming. For now, the landing pages are simple sign-up forms.

Emilie

Reviewed on 12/05/2021

Increased my Audience by 10x!

I absolutely love Flodesk. It changed my entire view on the feasibility of email marketing for my type of business. Before Flodesk, email marketing felt overwhelming and almost like a waste of time. Now, I see how impactful it really can be -- especially as I create value funnels to share after speaking engagements. My audience has increased 10x!

Pros

What I love most about Flodesk is their commitment to listening to customer feedback and making updates to their product that improve functionality and accessibility. Not all companies are so eager and open to hearing feedback and Flodesk just feels more... human.

Cons

The only thing on my wish list right now is that Flodesk creates a mobile app in the future.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 02/02/2023

Flodesk is aesthetically pleasing email software with a few quirks

Flodesk is great for beginner businesses or businesses who want to use a beautiful software to send aesthetically pleasing emails and run simple automations/workflows. Anything more complex or robust, and you need to go to another platform.

Pros

Flodesk has a user interface that is incredibly easy to use, intuitive, and even soothing. They have gentle, encouraging comments in between transferring you to different pages. Also, Flodesk has gorgeous, easy-to-use email templates. I haven't found another platform that is easier. Plus, Flodesk has a monthly payment for unlimited subscribers, which is phenomenal and affordable.

Cons

Flodesk lacks a lot of granular data. If you're looking to manage intricate onboarding sequences, sales campaigns, or the like, this is not your software. Even though you can do it, the workflows can be glitchy and lack some of the options of more robust email platforms. Also, Flodesk has a few quirks about management list subscribers that make it challenging to scrub and segment your list effectively.

Cushi
Cushi
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 25/09/2022

A Beautiful and Comprehensive email client aimed at people who appreciate aestetics

Flodesk was used as an email client to create automations and sales sequences for various groups of people from new contacts, to those specifically interested in a product or offering that I had available.

Pros

Although the style of Flodesks templates are not very diverse, they are extremely beautiful and its easy to create professional and creative looking email messages.

I also love how seamlessly everything works together, from contacts, to lists, to campaigns and automations. The User experience is impeccable, logical and easy to follow.

Cons

As much as I personally love the look of Flodesk emails, I think that they could offer more diverse designs that appeal to more people

Constant Contact, GetResponse, Mailchimp and AWeber

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

I tried flodesk because of the beautiful templates and the ease of use, but ultimately chose to use Ascend by Wix as it is integrated with the rest of my website.

Reasons for Switching to Flodesk

I worked with flowdesk for a few months befor switching back to Wix. Flodesk gave me the style of templates that worked for my business and the automations are extremely intuitive and easy to use.
Rebecca

Reviewed on 13/10/2023

Flodesk Review

Flodesk is one of the most important pieces of software in my business and the one I use most regularly to connect with customers. It has allowed me to form more personal connections with my followers/ customers.

Pros

The best thing about Flodesk is the ease of use which is great if you're not particularly tech savvy. There's an online Facebook group for help with features and also online tutorials and help is always given quickly and in the group is personalised to your particular need.The other great thing about Flodesk is the templates/ designs - which just look beautiful compared to most others out there. Makes you actually enjoy writing emails!

Cons

There are certain applications that Flodesk doesn't yet integrate with, or integration is clunky, which can prove challenging in some cases, depending upon your particicular business needs.

Carol

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Beautiful templates and attractive price, but limited features

While I really loved Flodesk's process of allowing us to create beautiful emails fast, their lack of features and integrations with other tools did not make it a viable solution for me. I would recommend it to those who are just starting out and don't need as much advanced features, but for those who need a serious email marketing platform I would probably recommend you take a look at some other options.

Pros

Flodesk has the most aesthetic email templates I've seen among all popular email marketing services. It's also very easy to use their email editor to customize the templates to your needs. The flat rate pricing is also a very attractive offer so if you have a large email list, switching over to Flodesk will save a lot of money.

Cons

The biggest drawback of Flodesk is the lack of flexibility. It is still a new and growing service, and unfortunately it is quite slow at progressing. Because of this, what you can accomplish with Flodesk can be quite limiting - especially if you need more advanced automations or you need integrations with other platforms and tools. For example, the only way to integrate with other tools that you your business through is with Flodesk's one sole integration with Zapier. This is probably the biggest con, since trying to use Zapier for every task can get very expensive quickly.

Ioana
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 04/02/2021

Great option without the hassle

Positive but they need to improve their integrations.

Pros

It's pricing strategy is very affordable and tempting if you're someone just starting out. The interface is minimalistic.

Cons

Not many integrations at the moment of writing this review. That's why I moved over from them, cause I couldn't link it with other software, without using Zapier.

ConvertKit, Drip and GetResponse

Cheaper

Podia

Response from Flodesk

Hi Ioana, Thanks for your review! We're so glad you enjoyed our interface and pricing :) We're constantly working to improve to create the best email marketing experience for small businesses, including more robust integrations. If you ever have a feature request, please do let us know at https://forms.clickup.com/f/3h79r-679/FXJ51JDEMWP43VN3CC. Thanks!

Replied 19/02/2021
Warren

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Loved Flodesk, until we needed Flodesk

Started well, but even with multiple brands with Flodesk accounts, when we needed Flodesk, they let us down continually.

We really like Flodesk, but the brand is unreliable.

Pros

Cost and design of Flodesk is very attractive.

Cons

Entirely unreliable and increasingly problematic customer service.

Flodesk emails seem to be a good way to cause problems with your email domain.

Patty
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Flodesk Allows You to Design Professional and Fun Email Campaigns

I love to create emails with Flodesk. It is now easy to use once I got over the learning curve. I can create beautiful emails that people love to read.

Pros

I love how you can transform your boring emails into emails people will love. While I don’t send out many emails, mine have a great open rate.

Cons

I feel like there is a learning curve when it comes to software for sending emails, however, Flodesk is the one software mail service that stood out over the competition.

Reasons for Choosing Flodesk

I really did not like my ActiveCampaign experience. It is harder to use and each time I logged in, I dreaded the experience.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Flodesk

I loved the ease, the look and the feel of Flodesk over the competitors.
Anna
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

So intuitive and incredible value!

Flodesk are an amazing company that have created a product that is intuitive to use and you can tell they really care about their customers.

Pros

I love how intuitive the platform is, especially when designing emails. My website design clients love it too! The fixed pricing makes it incredible value and I recommend it to everyone.

Cons

Some clients have found it difficult to move their lists over from previous providers due to the quality checks that need to be done, and support can be slow to respond to help on this.

Logan

Reviewed on 22/04/2021

Banned our account with no reasoning why - loved it at first, will never recommend it again

Overall - it was good, until they banned us for no reason. After trying to solve an issue of why our list were not being uploaded, they didn't solve the issue, they banned us instead. Just pay more money for a company that will support you and not ban you for no reason.

Pros

It's cheap, easy to design templates. Clean looking emails.

Cons

Customer support is non existent, they just forward your questions to a blog post or something like that. Randomly banned us, didn't tell us why. (Note- we had 12k+ subscribers, only 2 ever marked as spam...so it's not that, and only 100 emails total ever bounced). Not very many features. When you try to upload a list, sometimes it works, other times it just doesn't upload and again, support doesn't tell you why it doesn't upload. Or they request more information like marketing permissions even if it's already in the metadata.

Response from Flodesk

Hi Logan, we're sorry to hear about your experience and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. Sharing relevant help center articles is just one of the ways our team provides support to our members. Our Member Experience team is always available and just an email away at [email protected]. Also, just want to clarify that content that violates our Acceptable Use Policy is prohibited. Per the FTC (Federal Trade Commission), certain activities, including selling followers and likes, is illegal.

Replied 26/04/2021
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 18/11/2020

Impossible to get live

During a process of reviewing our email platforms we were recommended Flodesk. We immediately signed up and built some flows.
Before going live we were required to prove our opt-ins, which they ask for in a file that isn't protected. They ask this to prove opt-in which we have provided, however after 3 weeks we got nowhere and the account want cancelled.
During this time the account the person who recommended us Flodesk was also cancelled (which was being used to send transactional emails). She had been using the platform for months and has received o support or confirmation her clients data has been deleted.

The risk is way too high for any business that relies on emails as a marketing medium. We will be continuing with one of the major providers. Potetially good for businesses that have very small email lists.

Pros

Simple interface makes creating journies easy, great price

Cons

Setup: getting customer service to approve your account and email lists they ask for very private data for every record, but still don't approve...

Word of mouth.

Response from Flodesk

Thanks so much for your feedback. We review all manually imported subscribers to ensure compliance with anti-spam regulations worldwide. Specifically, we make sure our members legally acquired these newly uploaded lists and have express permission from subscribers to send email marketing. These security measures are in place to protect your deliverability and sender reputation. We're sorry to hear your experience was less than ideal. To clarify, our team does need to hear back from you on the list review process to approve your manually uploaded lists. Please rest assured we would never cancel an account or delete a member's data without letting them know beforehand.

Replied 23/02/2021
Jade

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Terrible Customer Service

Very unpleasant customer service. It's a big turn-off from this company. Had I known, I wouldn't have even started the switch in the first place and paid for email services with Flodesk. Not worth it.

Pros

There are some email templates you can choose from.

Cons

The customer service is terrible. Having said this, I switched from Mailerlite during one of their promotions, thinking Flodesk would be a better alternative. I regret making the switch. On top of this, I'm running into issues with domain verification with Flodesk, which wasn't an issue with Mailerlite. Significantly fewer subscribers are able to actually see my emails.

Faisal
Faisal
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Your account will be suspended without any notice

I thought Flodesk would solve my problems, but ultimately Flodesk increased my problems. My business suffered a lot because of Flodesk. After moving to Flodesk, my emails are landing into the spam and promotions tab, and the open rate decreased.

Pros

- I like the UI, but sometime it confuses me alot- Pricing is reasonable however features are minimal too

Cons

- They will suspend your account without any notice or warning- After account suspension, they will not initiate a refund for the remaining days- They will not even let you export your contacts- Their customer support service is worst- I have send mails to all employees, CEO, CO, marketing team but did not get any respond from anywhere- I have tried to contact them through social media, but they don't reply their- If you are running a business through Flodesk, change your software now, otherwise one day they will randomly suspend your account and send one email and after that they will ignore your mails and messages on social media like they are dead- My business suffered alot because of them- Don't have feature to target those emails who did not open email- Open rate is very low- Most of the emails lands in promotion and spam- Conatcts takes time to load

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Flodesk was my missing email puzzle

Flodesk has been a great addition to my marketing, and I now actually want to give time and attention to my email marketing. Setting up Flodesk to my Squarespace site was also very simple and straightforward, which has made the process much more effective and time saving.

Pros

Flodesk makes it so easy to craft emails and campaigns that I now find myself excited to work on my email marketing. After avoiding this for years, I finally found a way that works for me thanks to Flodesk. The interface is simple and user-friendly, and the templates are beautiful while also functional. As an artist, I really need my email marketing to fit my branding and visual aesthetic. Flodesk does this incredibly well.

Cons

I find Flodesk's forms to be a bit limiting. I don't think this is at all an important deterrent, but I would like to see more growth in this area. It would be helpful to have forms meant for longer descriptions, as opposed to only headings and sign up fields.

Belle

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Some features requested... overall, great experience!

Flodesk is easy to use but some features are limited. However, the Customer Service is excellent!
[SENSITIVE CONTENT] was able to answer all my questions. :)

Pros

I like how Flodesk looks so clean and it's easy to use as well.
Navigating through the software is a breeze.

Cons

Some features are limited... like when I want to segment my list according to click rate, I can't do it with the current features.

Jodi

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Great Service!

Pros

I love the look of my newsletters and the ease of setting them up. Automations (on-boarding) were easy to set up as well.

Flodesk flows very well and is easy to work with. The learning curve isn't too bad with all the help/documentation they have. There is a lot there to support someone starting out and for someone who isn't. And for help I've needed, I have had good quick responses. They have also been honest with me about requests and I appreciate that.

I'm very very happy with Flodesk. I compared a lot of services before going with them.

Cons

They could use a few more features but I hear they're coming.

Judy
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

I wish I'd remembered that you get what you pay for and what I paid for was a major stress...

I moved from Mail Chimp to Flodesk because the price was appealing and business was quiet. I imported my CSV file from Mailchimp and sent out the first Newsletter which went well. The first week most of the emails were delivered, the second - and for a reason unknown to me - Flodesk suspended my account and demanded we supply them with our subscriber's information, date and the exact time they subscribed, and their IP address. I've never had an issue with Mail Chimp

Pros

The price was my main driver and it appeared to be quite simple to use

Cons

My account was suspended at a crucial time for my business and I lost money as a result

Pam

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Exceptional support

I continue to feel inspired and empowered to create weekly emails that are both beautiful and functional. The entire experience from creation to delivery to metrics is so easy. The software is set up for success!

Pros

Not only is the software user-friendly and design-savvy, but when I got stuck with embedding a form on a website, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was right there in my inbox ready to provide support. When one thing didn't work, she offered new solutions each time with kind and helpful responses. I never felt frustrated or alone. She empowered me and left me more competent to embed forms in various websites. I feel Flodesk really cares about my success and that is a great feeling to have. I am a huge fan!

Cons

The only con would be the inability to put my color code in certain blocks.

Jess
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 20/02/2021

A no-brainer

Flodesk is a breath of freshair in the email world. From price, to design, to ease of use. It's a no-brainer purchase!

Pros

I love how easy it is to use and how beautiful the templates are. My strong suit is not design, but the Flodesk templates make me feel like I have a graphic designer in-house!

Cons

Because the software is still new, there are limited integrations with other software I use like webinarjam or Kajabi. I would love to have more direct integrations.

Christine
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

My favorite, easy and great value for money and beautiful

I only had great experiences and quick feedback and have seen it grown nicely adding features. It isn't perfect but on its way.

Pros

I love that newsletters are beautiful again. I also like that it is being built with a community and also the pricing is amazing when you are growing and have a bigger list size.

Cons

Customer service is not direct so a live chat would be great and also a service where someone walks you through the steps. I know that my clients who are beginners struggle with this and really love that feature at competitor's softwares that do the same.

Sara
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

The best support

The support team is amazing. The templates are beautiful. The ease of use is wonderful. Highly recommend.

Pros

The ease of use and the beautiful templates.

Cons

I Don't have one yet. Everything has been really easy to use so far.