About Jolt

Jolt is a human resource (HR) platform provided by Intuiplan. The system is scalable and appropriate for businesses of varying sizes. Companies in the food and beverage industry, hospitality and travel, retail, and others can use...

Browse Jolt Reviews

Debra V.

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

Pros

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

Cons

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Taran E.

Reviewed on 06/09/2016

Jolt Zebra printer

I have been using our new printer for Jolt and I LOVE IT! I really love the fact that every item prepped now is labeled with who prepped it, when they did so, and the EXACT time of expiration. The fact that it uses the internal clock to time stamp items is amazing. This keeps everyone honest. There is no fudging times or dates to extend foods shelf life.
The ease of use is incredible. I mean there is not much more to say on that. It took us a couple of tries to figure out the best way to label our items received from Sysco but then a simple answer occurred to me. Before even starting to put up the truck, simply read the invoice and print ALL labels needed and it is a breeze! After that more specific labels can be made using the custom label. We use it to mark the weights of our meats so now daily inventory is a snap. No more trying to decipher messy handwriting. I have even gone so far as to use it to label items for caterings to give things a more professional look.
I do wish that custom labels could be saved for repeat use. That is maybe my only complaint about this printer. I keep it in my office to save it from the wear and tear of daily kitchen activities. It is an extremely helpful device that has streamlined our labeling and made it much more effective as well. Having this now and using it all day every day, I hate to think of life without it.

Pros

Ease of use. Pictures and date stamps that keep employees honest. training new employees is a breeze.

Cons

Lack of ability to personalize to individual locations needs or preferances

Scott H.

Reviewed on 06/02/2018

Allows me to successfully operate multiple stores without having to be in every store, every...

Pros

Jolt gives me time back everyday, by allowing me to easily review each checklist from my computer, no matter where I am at. This ensures critical maintenance tasks are being completed on a daily basis, saving both time and money on potential costly repairs. The list feature, helps me confirm temperature logs are being completed, the ice machine is being cleaned routinely, and much, much more. I use the list feature to ensure deposits are being made daily, I can see the deposit receipts stapled to the end of day summary's without having to be at each store.

My employees love the labeling machine! The labeling machine saves time and money, by offering a consistent, streamlined labeling process. Receiving orders takes much less time. Previously we were manually filling out labels, which took up to 20-30 minutes, two times a week. With the Jolt labeling we don't have to worry about incorrect dating, or wondering who labeled something. We go through a lot less labels as well.

Cons

I would like to see the schedule linked to the lists. Besides that, Jolt has been a great products and given me back so much time, and less worrying about something getting done.

Top Jolt Alternatives

Chris B.

Reviewed on 29/03/2017

JOLT- A fantastic piece of software

We engaged Jolt to eliminate our daily paper checklists in our franchise business.

We had looked at a number of solutions and decided to give Jolt a trial. The software is extremely easy to use from the back end, user friendly on the front end and bug free.

We do no have any issues with glitches and it synchronises within seconds with new updates.

This means we can update the whole group in a matter of seconds. Staff don't even need to be notified of small changes to lists . We can control duties simply by adding them to a list and as the staff work through they may stumble across a new item.

The system ensures accountability by giving each staff member a login. Lists can be reviewed at any time by allocated mangers/higher access.

We also use Jolt for all audits. i.e safety, presentation, cleanliness etc. Each store then receives instants feedback and a total score via email automatically. Managers can then look through their weaknesses and work on getting them corrected.

Usually this process would take personal from head office to communicate and follow up.

I have never written a review as i'm often time poor but this piece of software and support from Jolt is fantastic and worth every cent.

Pros

It works

Cons

Login could be a touch faster as you need to find your name.

Christi M.

Reviewed on 23/03/2017

WOW! What a great additiona!

We were struggling with the ability to track who was doing (or not doing) what with our checklists and systems. JOLT has truly given us control over what our restaurant looks like, how our food is prepared, and how closely we are following health department regulations. We are now able to hold our employees accountable when the job is less than our expectations, as well as rewards those that are going above and beyond what is required. Anytime I have had any questions or issues with the product, Dan has been able to answer all my questions and point me in the right direction. I strongly recommend JOLT to anyone who has employees! :)

Pros

Cons

Data entry when establishing - but now I find out that Dan would be willing to set that all up for me, so wish I would have had him when we first started using JOLT! :)

Geraldine S.

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Very helfpul, very convenient!

Pros

Love that this can be an app where Employees can easily access their schedule, release, switch, and pick up shifts and even request time off and change their availability. It makes very important information so simple and easy to communicate. I just love this, we use it a lot for work.

Cons

I just wish the times are in 15 min increments instead of only hourly. Makes it easier to check how many people is scheduled per 15 minutes at a glance.

Courtney L.

Reviewed on 13/09/2016

Courtney Lauti

We use this tool as a check and balance tool. Jolt works great for that purpose alone. I also use it as a training tool for my locations. I wish that Jolt had a better tool for that to track it better by just the name of the team member.

Pros

It take a lot of time off of the managers plate. Its a valuable tool to get items done and in a timley manner. Keeps you informed on productivity if the team members and lack of.

Cons

Wish there was a better platform for training. Would like a video option on check list sections. I would like to be able to pull up a team members name and see what they have done and still need to test on and scores.

John B.

Reviewed on 27/08/2016

Jolt contributes to "Brand" excellence

As a fast growing national franchise, being able to replicate quality and customer satisfaction is paramount to success. Jolt provides a platform which allows our restaurant to quickly replicate consistency for our franchisees which turns into providing our customers with the experience they seek.

Pros

Centralized master library of data which can be customized to our specifications and rolled out through technology that all levels in the restaurant can easily use to do their role.

Cons

As an emerging national chain and being a front runner in the use of technology to assist our growth, Jolt offers a suite of great tools and we are pushing for enhancements that will make our use even better.

Tzip E.

Reviewed on 23/07/2018

A great program that works with a growing business. It was very easy to learn and to train...

Pros

Quick login, neat site, great customer service that is always looking out for us. The program is simple enough to train other employees in just a few short minutes.

Cons

The back end of the site took a little while to learn. Settings and managing lists can be a bit confusing to find, but once you do, you don't forget it.

Tonisha A.

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Checklist Heaven

Pros

Love being able to keep up with daily task using this software, and being able to track who's completing these task with a time stamp is amazing

Cons

I would love if it would sync a little bit faster but considering how many devices our company uses its expected to have a bit of delay

Kyle H.

Reviewed on 19/10/2016

Simple, Streamline Efficiency That Makes Operations Manageable!

We've been using Jolt at our quick-service restaurant for the last 6 months now, and operations have never been better! From controlling things like cleaning and opening/closing priorities through checklists, to managing food rotation and waste, we've been able to save money!

Jolt offers a simple, easy to understand user interface that exceeds the needs of our restaurant operations. The checklists and reminders allow staff to be more engaged in their responsibilities and take more ownership over their work. Training is easy with the ability to create videos and photos that teach staff new concepts as they roll out.

The labeling tool has cut down our prep time for food immensely. No more do we have to worry about taking 20 minutes +/ day just labeling our product as it's prepped. We also no longer have to worry about proper product rotation or expiration because the labels leave little room for error. Customizable labels help us to keep things organized as well!

Overall, Jolt has been an almost priceless addition to our store. Since we have implemented it's software fully, with the help of their dedicated and knowledgeable customer support staff, we've been able to increase productivity, decrease costs, and create a more uniform and consistent operation in our store.

I highly recommend this product to anyone in need of help creating, implementing, and maintaining a strong, centralized standard of operations in your business.

Nicole B.

Reviewed on 12/04/2018

Super easy to use

Pros

It works great at everyone being able to see schedules and being able to switch with someone or pick up extra shifts if needed

Cons

I'm not sure if this can be done, but simplifying the processes so that it is a bit more user friendly would help a great deal.

Katie F.

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Has helped our company become better at their jobs in so many ways.

Pros

The scheduling feature is great. My favorite are the lists. It has made our employees better and more efficient at their jobs. They are more engaged as well when opening and closing.

Cons

Seems to glitch too much when working on the schedule. Fortunately once the schedule is published it's pretty flawless but while working on it can be slow, freeze or move shifts to wrong cells.

Denise G.

Reviewed on 27/03/2017

Systemisation at its best

Great system to use for scheduling and systemising the workplace. All staff, regardless of level, find it easy to use and understand.

Pros

Scheduling is great and easy to use. The systemisation use in our workplace has been excellent.

Cons

There are a couple of things still waiting on in the features of Jolt that we really thought were no brainers but have not been added yet. It is easy to ask for features to be added and they seem to do this as quickly as they can.

John M.

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

I love JOLT! Helps us keep a clean and orderly restaurant!

Pros

I like how easy it is to add lists and to communicate with employees. I also like how once a monthly or daily list is created, it just pops up automatically.

Alicia C.

Reviewed on 23/01/2017

Lynn Lee Dairy Queens

It is an awesome way of keeping our team on their toes on ensuring all areas of pride are being done in a timely matter. If for some reason they do not complete their tasked assigned by jolt, we get a notification on what items were not done so in return we will call or text the manager in charge to see why they were not complete. Supervisors also get the notifications on all incomplete tasks so they can also give us a friendly reminder when tasks are not complete. We also have access to a printer which gives us all labels needed for the HACCP program which makes labeling all products much easier. It would save the company in us going paperless since we would not have the cost of printing out red books. I like the several features like upload pictures, Commenting, sending messages t the team. Customer support has been very helpful to us and he is always keeping up with the workflow. Overall it has been an AWESOME experience.

Pros

Notifications, Product labeling.

Cons

Calculator feature not available.

Jeff M.
  • Industry: Food Production

Reviewed on 10/08/2017

The program is great once you take the time to build your forms and lists and add you company...

It replaces loads of paper and binders full of company docs and trading manuals.

Pros

Allows for a single employee operating system. It becomes the go to for everything from clocking in to training to everyday KPI tracking.

Cons

There are no intergrations. So the data that is filled out in Jolt stays in Jolt and needs to be manually extracted to be useful for inventory, job performance, KPI tracking...

Adding intergrations like Google Apps and QuickBooks would make Jolt the ultimate tool.

Samantha A.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Jolt review

Pros

Love the messaging options, keeps communication easy

Cons

Scheduling on jolt isn’t the greatest, weren’t able to trade shifts easily

Kevin B.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Intuitive to setup and use. Customer service and training staff are absolutely amazing!

Pros

The fixed price per month per location saves money without constantly monitoring the budget. I had enough of the activating/deactivating locations and employees to save costs during non-peak times. We switched vendors and cut our costs by 200% plus we added functionality at the same time. That's a rare win-win.

Jolt is a software suite not just one software package. We have consolidated many daily operating functions into one product suite which not only saves money but gives the day-to-day users a consistent platform.

Cons

It would be great if managers could receive notifications about time off requests and other approvals through text and/or email messages. The push notifications work but some managers would prefer another delivery method like text/email.

Derek E.

Reviewed on 02/06/2017

I'm 43 and it's easy for me to use!

Pros

I like the ease of scheduling. It makes us quick for our scheduler which allows us to focus on our guest and not be bogged down with office work.

Cons

Not having the hours of your team available when you click on them. This would help when you are in weekly view and by role.

Randy W.

Reviewed on 18/05/2017

I love the various ways Jolt makes follow up easier

Pros

It's very easy to follow up on schedules, product labels, and completed checklists. I also like that I can add training material as needed.

Cons

equipment is a little pricey. At least in the beginning. Sometimes my downloaded videos wont play on the tablet

Clinton A.

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

Great Organizational Operations tool

The Checklists were easy to format & edit, Great Customer Service & follow up, Many functions to help streamline and create accountability with our Team!

Pros

Checklists are flexible and easy to edit, Great functionality for creating bulk imports, Individual log ins, Affordable label stickers, Easy use with IPads

Chad G.

Reviewed on 26/04/2017

This stuff is incredibly valuable

Overall, Jolt is fantastic. There is a bit of a learning curve on some features, but the overall functionality is worth the work put into it.

Pros

Creates accountability, productivity, consistency. This is a wonderful tool.

Cons

Startup price is a bit high, and learning curve for team adaptation is a bit difficult. But isn't everything that's worth it?

Nicholai S.

Reviewed on 24/04/2017

Ian's Pizza on State St.

We transitioned into Jolt back in December. It was a great checklist platform that we have been looking for awhile now. We would have signed up based on the checklist feature along. The scheduling feature is just icing on the cake! Also, the labeling feature has really streamlined our in-house prep and have helped us with FIFO'ing.

The customer support team has been very helpful with the transition. If we have questions, they get back to us immediately. They also listen to our feedback and make adjustments to make the overall experience better. Kudos to them!

Pros

The ease of the checklist and labeling features.

Cons

Scheduling can kind of flake out. Sometimes the cloud doesn't keep up with what we are trying to do.

Jodus M.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 17/02/2018

Productivity plus

Pros

This will maximise the productivity of the workplace regardless of size. We are a small team but this software has made a lot of difference to our teams efficiency

Cons

It is a little expensive. You need to know what you want to do with it before you purchase