About Workamajig

Workamajig is a cloud-based HTML5 project management solution designed for creative ad agencies and in-house advertising teams of all sizes. Key features include opportunity tracking, project management, time tracking, resource...

3.6

Tim
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Do you even Workamajig?

Overall the Experience has been excellent

Pros

What I like most is the ease of use and how intuitive it is. From day 1 our company adapted quickly to the use. I still think we are not using the program to its full potential. The email notification & diary function is a awesome time saver.

Cons

So far nothing has really come off as least likeable.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Tim,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. It's great to hear that you've gained value and saved time by using our product.

If you have any questions or would like to review your use of the program, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] - we're here to help!

Replied 26/11/2018
Wendy

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Robust agency software for all your project management needs.

Pros

Many features bundle into one program. Your all in one solution for project management.

Cons

A little too robust. Scheduling portion can be complicated. Would be great to have more drag and drop features integrated and other views of the calendars available.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Wendy,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know what you think of Workamajig! I'm happy to hear that your team has gained value from our product.
I'd like to submit your request for more drag and drop features, and will have a member of our support team follow up with you for additional details.

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions.

Replied 29/10/2018
Bill

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

A valuable tool that helps keep track of project schedules and milestones geared to creatives.

an overview of projects and their due dates organized by tasks.

Pros

No longer in flash, it is an elegant design that is easy to read. The customer support is good. They work with you and often bugs are fixed. Projects are clearly sorted by deadline.

Cons

It's great for simple deadlines, but It doesn't have any tools to sort out congested schedules. e.g. what software can stop someone from being booked 84 hours in a single work day.

It's very manual. updating projects can be time consuming and human error with the interface has lead to scheduling errors. It's not very compatible with other common office programs (e.g. can't get it to sync for meetings in outlook and we don't want to use jig for all our meetings). This means we only use a small portion of the software relating to project schedules and budget.

Hard to establish priorities.

Some information is hard to find with their interface. (e.g. several clicks to find the task number required to enter your time if you are entering a task that you weren't assigned)

Response from Workamajig

Hi Bill,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the one's we can improve upon. We do have solutions to the specific concerns you mentioned, but I don't want to get too granular on this thread. I've asked our support team to reach out to you directly.

As always, please feel free to reach out to [email protected] with any questions - we're here to help!

Replied 16/02/2018

Top Workamajig Alternatives

Jesse

Platinum is Solid gold

Pros

Much more intuitive and user friendly. Definitely enjoy Platinum more than original

Cons

Some functionality in the original Workamajig isn't easy to find in Platinum though I do everything in Platinum now

Response from Workamajig

Hi Jesse,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig. I'm so glad to hear that you're enjoying the new Workamajig Platinum interface.
We'd love to make your experience even better! if there is a specific feature you have difficulty finding - please let us know at [email protected] and our team will be happy to check it out.

As always, please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected]

Replied 06/11/2018
Travis

Reviewed on 27/07/2019

We workamajigging.

Pros

I like the Traffic Schedule in the Flash version so you can see your daily/weekly tasks along with your team members. Task Timers ARE THE BEST!!! You can bounce between timers as you work through your To Dos (just make sure you pause your current timer before switching tasks ;)

Cons

In the traffic schedule, I would like to be able to select specific people and not just departs. I don't always need to see the schedule of the whole design team, I just want to see one person.

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Long time user

This is the third agency I've used Jig at. Every place has it set up different but the pain points I mentioned above are consistent at each place. I haven't seen the platform evolve much over time, I can't believe there isn't a calendar integration yet or a mobile app.

Pros

Timesheet capabilities. I don't use it for much else at this point, I use Outlook Tasks to keep track of what you call "my activities".

Cons

No integration with Outlook or Google Calendar. The search function doesn't seem fully developed, doens't always populate the things we are looking for. Requires a lot of refreshing. No mobile app. There is not a great personal task option, not everything I need to complete needs to be on an activity.

Response from Workamajig

We appreciate your honest feedback, as it gives us the opportunity to continue to improve our product. There are available solutions to the specific issues mentioned and we'd love to help you resolve them, but don't want to get too granular on this thread.

Included is a link to our help guide about calendar sync options with Google/Exchange:

Also, we are happy to provide training on our Platinum interface and how to use the phone browser for time entry and calendar functions. Our team is waiting at [email protected] to help you.

Replied 23/08/2018
Ginger

Reviewed on 23/05/2019

Still new, but so far so good.

It works great for what we use it for now, I've never worked with customer service yet or had an opportunity to explore the full features, but for hours tracking, project management and budget, it works well and does all we need!

Pros

Workamajig is quickly being spread across our entire company to be used for budget tracking. project management, and to do lists. The budget tracking and project management is the easiest portion we use right now. It's easy to start a timer on a task, track my team's hours and ensure they are putting the proper work into our projects.

Cons

It's a little clunky, the interface is big and complicated. A lot of buttons and access points that makes the whole tool seem overwhelming.

Reviewed on 02/04/2019

Not great but not the worst either...

We use Workamajig where I work for project management. Now, I'm not a project manager, and I just use Workamajig to basically enter my time and expenses, and for whatever reason, these simple tasks just seem like a monumentally complex task in Workamajig. Luckily, our project managers are able to take the time to help me figure out exactly what I'm doing, because to me, it's an incredibly confusing system. I will say it's not the worst thing I've ever had to use as an employee. But for a very small team, it just seems like so much overkill to me.

Pros

Accessible on most any device. A lot of features.

Cons

Incredibly confusing to get acclimated to. The UI can be quite confusing.

Response from Workamajig

Hi James,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product.

We'd love to do what we can to improve your experience.
If you have any questions, or if you feel there are specific areas of timekeeping that can be simplified, please let us know at [email protected]

We're here to help!

Replied 05/04/2019
Alphan

Reviewed on 10/08/2018

WIP

Pros

Be able to see my hours in weekly overview. This way I get to see everything for that week at once.

Cons

Ease of use: UX and functionality.
It seems like there are a lot of functionality to the app. But it's hard to explore it. Maybe an interactive documentation?

Response from Workamajig

Hi Alphan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. We have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our team is also happy to address questions at [email protected]

Replied 08/10/2018
Maddie

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Does what it needs to

Simple and easy to use. As someone who uses the platform to track time and expense things, it gets the job done.

Pros

It's straightforward and does what needs to be done.

Cons

The design is kind of bland and sometimes you have to go back to go forward.

Response from Workamajig

Hey Maddie,

We love getting feedback from our customers, so thanks for taking the time to share your experience.

Our goal is to get the job done quickly and efficiently, and we're glad we are on the mark!

-Reuben from Workamajig [: ]

Replied 08/02/2022
Josh

Reviewed on 02/02/2022

Media Planning

Overall, I find that the software is very easy to use. I use WMJ every day for several different parts of my job and have had no major issues that I can speak to. When things need to be tweaked or adjusted, I am able to get the proper support to make any adjustments that I need to.

Pros

I was a little slow to adjust from WMJ classic to Platinum, but the transition went great. Platinum is much easier to navigate through and from a Insertion/Broadcast order creation perspective, I have found that that things are laid out more clearly. From my perspective, it is much easier to use than previous versions. I also like the ability to copy line items for easy editing when creating orders and being able to create an order in the system.

Cons

When creating a broadcast/insertion order with several lines, the software can get a little bogged down. With lots of information being uploaded at once I can understand why, but sometimes things lag a bit. I also find that it's difficult to make revisions to orders. I understand that once orders are approved that things get locked in for billing purposes, but it can be tedious to make edits if adjustments need to be made.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Josh,
Thanks so much for leaving such a nice review!
We're glad to hear that you're enjoying Workamajig.

-Reuben from Workamajig [: ]

Replied 07/02/2022
Dan

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

It'll do what you need it to do.

We used two separate systems for accounting and project workflow, this was one of the few that pulled them together in a more native manner. If you want workflow software, there are many out there that are FAR better than this solution, and the same can be said for accounting software. But until Quickbooks-like solution or Basecamp-like products natively integrate, this is probably the next best thing.

Pros

One of the few solutions that connects time tracking, project management, fairly sophisticated accounting and billing, media contracts, utilization reporting, and more.

Cons

Its not intuitive. The products ease-of-use has improved with the latest version, Platinum, but its still not as intuitive as most main stream software. Users/managers of the product need some pretty specific knowledge of the software to get the most out of it.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Dan,

We are happy to provide training on the new Platinum interface as well as review current processes for streamlining options. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

I will have you account manager follow-up.

Replied 05/11/2018
Jessica

Great if set up right - Platinum needs help

As a project manager it's been very useful in keeping project information all in one place. I've worked at another ad agency who didn't chose to have Workamajig help custom tailor the system to them and it failed miserably. That's not the case here and it works well.

Pros

It's easy to navigate and find what you're looking for.

Cons

It's unfortunate that you've decided to stop updating Classic Workamajig. Platinum has some great features, but because it's a responsive site (as it changes size), it's difficult for me to work with on my computer. I can't have two windows open side by side, Workamajig Platinum and another window (which I'm using to enter information from into Workamajig). If I have them side by side, I can't see the information needed in Jig, and Jig continually tries to resize itself and resubmit information via reloading the page when the window is resized. I never had this problem in Classic. Please fix this!

Response from Workamajig

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig as we are constantly working to better our user experience. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

Replied 13/11/2018

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

One of the only ways to gain a 360 degree view of your business

We have used Workamajig for over a decade. We first used it for its time management and project management functions, but then we transferred our accounting onto Workamajig and now have a complete dashboard for our business.

Pros

Workamajig is a fully integrated agency management, which means that you can see a direct connection between projects, resources, time, money and profit.

Cons

The CRM/sales component and the vendor management components of the software are its least powerful options. Also, the fact that data are kept in silos means we can't find correlations as deeply as we wanted, but this is mitigated by the fact that there are plenty of excellent and powerful reports and reporting options.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for sharing your feedback. As you mentioned, WMJ was designed to be an enterprise solution for the creative communications industry; we are happy to hear your firm is utilizing the full system and WMJ is delivering value to your business!

We are continually working to improve our user experience and would appreciate additional details on how we could improve our CRM module. Our support team is happy submit enhancement ideas at [email protected]

Replied 19/11/2018
Lynn

Workamajig Works!

Workamajig has been great to work with! We been a user since Creative Manager, through "classic", and are now fully integrated into Platinum (in fact we were in Beta for most of the development of Platinum). Support is wonderful- questions are answered promptly, in a clear, concise manner.

Pros

Love the seamless integration between estimating and invoicing. Scheduling works well, and has the added benefit of several print views. Conversations has been a great way to keep all project details and updates in one location.

Cons

Some databases are still a bit tricky to access- searching for closed projects can be time consuming.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Lynn,

Thank you for for taking the time to share your experience with Workamajig.
It's great to hear from someone who has been with us since the beginning, benefitting from the very features we've spent years developing.

The custom reports feature does have the option to include closed projects. Closing a project is to remove them from typical searches on the inactive/active projects lists.

As always, we're here if you need anything at all at [email protected]

Replied 21/11/2018
Monte
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 14/08/2018

They've come a long way

Overall, the product is an extremely effective tool for workflow and data logging, if only some of the bugs could get ironed out.

Pros

WMJ provides a solid platform for each sector of the creative business. It's relatively easy to track time, create budgets & schedules, and monitor projects overall. The interface is clean and appealing, especially in the Platinum update.

Cons

The flash version is archaic and extremely buggy. The updated version can be glitchy and doesn't automatically update to the current day. When entering tasks or time, it often has glitches and errors, or adds to the wrong fields.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Monte,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon. We are constantly striving to better our user experience and would like to further investigate the errors occurring. A member of our support team will follow-up shortly. You can also reach them with any questions at [email protected]

Megan Ivan

Replied 08/10/2018

Workamajig keeps advancing

I really do like WMJ, it's been my favorite software I've used this far.

Pros

I like the software because of it's functionality and how many different ways there are to measure your productivity. I think it is complementary to many different roles within a company from accounting to project management to traffic monitoring, benefitting all of them equally.

Cons

Although I like that WMJ continues to update and make the software more useful, I find that sometimes it's not very intuitive, especially while trying to train other team members on the many steps.

Response from Workamajig

Thank you for sharing; we are glad to hear WMJ benefits multiple roles within your firm.

To aide our clients in transitioning to Platinum, we are happy to provide complimentary training. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Replied 05/11/2018

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Features for small to mid agencies

Pros

Time keeping/tracking. Customizeable desktop to see active jobs and notes about them.

Cons

Copying/moving estimates and POs over to new jobs... For example... a project worked on in 2017 includes estimates and POs that would rollover to a new 2018 job. Workamajig does not allow you to do this. You have to copy and paste.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for sharing your experience with our product. I'm glad to hear that you've gained value from timekeeping and the customizable desktops in Workamajig.

We do have available solutions for the issues you mentioned. Workamajig does not require you to add a project for each new year. you have the option to keep an existing PO open into the new year. If you need to create a new project, you can copy from the old project so the estimate will be carried over.
You also have the option to copy an existing PO and change the amount/project etc..

As always, we're here to help at [email protected] Please feel free to reach out with any questions.

Replied 21/11/2018

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Getting Jiggy

It's made it a lot easier for me to track my teams status as it relates to budgets. Trying to get people to a place where they are fully aware of the time they have invested and what they have left. Using platinum and a project management tool has been rewarding. We are starting to use it more to track content and progression of jobs. I hope that it replaces trello so we are more integrated between departments.

Pros

Very intuitive UI. Has a lot of features beyond budget tracking and project management. I feel like I am just scraping the surface of all the capabilities.

Cons

Still not very mobile friendly. A little clunky on Chrome with some to the drop downs.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Mark,

Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad to hear Workamajig is delivering value to your firm. Our support team is happy to investigate the issues you are experiencing with accessing on mobile/Chrome. I will have your account manager reach out to get additional information.

Replied 23/08/2018

A review

Pros

In Platinum, you can star specific tasks, which helps to organize your day and keep track of what you should be working on.

Cons

Platinum requires more clicks to do the same thing (like 100%ing tasks), and I frequently couldn't figure out how to do certain things after my experience with Classic. Classic frequently bugs out and requires a refresh (and logging in again).

Response from Workamajig

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience; the areas that work well and the ones we can improve upon.

We are happy to offer complimentary training to aide our clients in transitioning from Classic to Platinum. We also have resources available for our Platinum users including new walk-throughs to help navigate the interface as well as Platinum tips listed in this link: http://help.workamajig.com/platinum-tips.

Our training team is happy to get a review scheduled at [email protected]

Replied 16/11/2018
Jose

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Workamajig is as powerful as it is complicated

Workamajig makes it easy to track your project. It seems to track everything from start to delivery. But I feel that our organization isn't using it to it's full potential. For instance, I don't use it to estimate projects. We use excel for that. it seems like I should be using it from start to finish and not just to enter my time and write PO's. I wish we knew it completely, we could really tap into it's power. I would love it if it was as intuitutive as an Apple product.

Pros

I like that how all the functions thread together. Platinum has a better interface than the old version that some people in our office uses. Once you have a handle on the software you can unlock a lot of it's potential.

Cons

It can be complicated sometimes. It is not as intuitive as I would like, so I need to ask a more seasoned user how to execute PO search functions, etc., and even then it can be trial and error.

Abby

Reviewed on 17/09/2020

Workamajig Review by Daily User

We have had some issues with sales tax setup that we continue to work with Workamajig to address.

Pros

It's a robust software that allows for both accounting, project management and collaboration. We like that we can access it from any device.

Cons

We have had some issues come up and when our team has contacted support, we have not gotten the answers we needed. This has become a source of frustration.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Abby,

Thank you for taking the time to review our product. It's great to hear how our product has helped you.

Please feel free to reach out with any questions at [email protected], we're here to help!
Team WMJ [:

Replied 30/09/2020
Randy

Powerful

Really easy to learn, DB access and APIs make integrations and extension much easier.

Pros

SQL Database backend makes advanced customization possible

Cons

It is too hard to conceal cost rates from most users. We've never been able to use any sort of profitability reporting, because it was too easy for almost any user to reverse engineer what anyone else in the company was getting paid.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Randy,

Thank you for sharing your experience with Workamajig. I'm glad your enjoying our product, and I'd like to improve your experience.
To limit users from accessing this payroll information, you can simply set the security rights to hide labor costs. Please see the attached link for a step by step guide.

Your account manager will be reaching out to you directly in case you need assistance in getting this set up.

Replied 30/10/2018

Great for some things

Pros

Time management tools work well. Tracking time and calendar interfaces are good.

Cons

Project management tools lacking a good user experience.

Response from Workamajig

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with Workamajig.
I'm happy to hear your team has gained value from the calendar and time tracking features in Workamajig.
Have you had an opportunity to check out the all new Workamajig Platinum Interface? We've completely rebuilt the product to be more responsive, intuitive and easier to navigate and have already rolled this out for most users. There's no added costs for platinum and you can check it out at any time by simply adding /platinum to the end of your login url. We've also set up walk-throughs to help you navigate the new interface and can offer free training on the new apps.

Replied 06/11/2018
Sara

Reviewed on 28/10/2018

Workamajig review

I use it a lot for budget management but I don’t find it to be very intuitive at the moment, it requires a lot of time to get all of the information I need in an organized matter. I understand there should be some improvements coming once my teams works to customize the program for our company.

Pros

I think it’s capable of a lot of things and the more I use it, the more tools I find available to me.

Cons

I find it fairly slow and not very intuitive. It’s not clear to me how to best use the program for my role and responsibilities.

Response from Workamajig

Hi Sara,

Thank you for taking the time to review Workamajig.
Workamajig Platinum is designed by role, and you can check out our role based guides at this link:

Please feel free to reach out with any questions, we're here to help at [email protected]

Replied 26/11/2018