About Workday HCM

Workday HCM assists global businesses of all sizes in a variety of industry verticals with workforce planning, analysis, and execution. Workday delivers user and administrative tools such as financial management, HR planning,...

4.2
4.2

Browse Workday HCM Reviews

1,121 of 1,121 reviews
Soumi

Reviewed on 30/06/2022

Review for Workday

I am using Workday regularly for applying leaves, tracking them, viewing my salary slip, tracking change in compensation, providing IT declaration, updating shift and stand by hours. Also, I have used Workday for requesting various letters from my organization automatically like experience letter, compensation letter, etc. The mail notification feature of workday enables me to receive notification whenever there is an update to my compensation or change in my role or on promotion.

Pros

Workday is a centralized workforce management tool that is used in my organization. In Workday, all the important day to activities of an employee can be performed like applying for leaves, getting them approved by manager, viewing and downloading salary slips, providing IT declaration, providing beneficiary info, address info, education info and many more. Various important letters like Offer letter, experience letter, etc can also be directly requested using Workday. It is a cloud based tool and can be accessed from anywhere.

Cons

It is an expensive tool that can only be used by big enterprises. Also, the workday UI can be confusing for new users who will find it difficult to navigate and find the required sections in workday.

Manju
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/12/2022

The best software for marking attendance, leaves and benefits

On workday I apply leaves which is very easy as it gives detailed segregation of them. The notification comes when the leave is approved. I also update my yearly goals on it and file yearly work report for appraisal on it. Setting goals and comparing them on year end it so simple. It comes with pre filled details as per organisation requirement which makes filling details even more easier. Different benefits provided the employer is displayed nicely and adding members or new details are straight forward.

Pros

Workday is very easy to understand. Marking leaves is very easy. Enrolling for the benefits given by organisations is also very simple. Adding family members to the benefits and checking the changes was never so seamless.

Cons

I wish my organisation leave other tools for IJP, onboarding and payroll and use workday because its just the best. No flaws whatsoever.

Okan

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

All in one tool

Overall, it's a great tool for companies, especially large companies. I'm not sure how many similar products are out there but this one just works fine. As I mentioned above, UI must be improved on top of these cool features.

Pros

You get a bunch of features that are super useful for the companies, and having them all in a single place is pretty useful. so overall, a number of features.

Cons

This is the part where it gets interesting. Yes, it's a great tool, and yes we get all these cool features but how about UI? It's not really up-to-date. Sometimes it can be really hard to find how to do things, e.g how to cancel a request off-day? Another example can be given about expense reporting. Some cool things like copying from a past expense is pretty useful but UI really needs some attention, UX must be improved.

Top Workday HCM Alternatives

Reviewed on 03/12/2022

The worst portal for employees I've ever experienced as an employee or as a teamlead

Pros

Has a LOT of features, tons of integrationsYou can basically do whatever you need HR connected within this one tool

Cons

It's the worst UX you can possibly meet out there among HR tools.Because there is a ton of features it takes literally minutes to find your thing.There is no search for the functions existing so if you need to change the title of your employee good luck finding that page!Time tracking like vacations requesting is a hell.Mobile support is another hell.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Great tool for data management

very good experience since I use workday I highly recommend

Pros

I like workday because it is very accessible, with very good features. it is easy to integrate with other applications and can also manage payments. a real time saver.

Cons

no complications with workday it works well for me

Akash

Reviewed on 29/12/2022

Employee Operations Made Easy - Workday

One-stop shop for many employer-to-employee operations like time absence, application tracking, year-end reviews, payroll, etc.

Pros

- Many features integrated into one tool i.e., time absence, application tracking, year-end reviews, payroll, etc.- Modern UI, not many page refreshes

Cons

- Notifications and messages don't easily go away even after reading them and marking them done- Doesn't let you record half-day off in the absence tracker- Filling year-end reviews is not a very user-friendly experience, sometimes a person can get lost while navigating

Gregory
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Solid but expensive

Once setup was complete the product was good, the software costs are higher than other systems. I like the user interface better than that of most of the different tools I use.

Pros

It has a friendly User Interface, intuitive menus and more than covers the different features needed for personnel.

Cons

It requires approval from too many different people for actions that should require fewer approvers. The setup and kickoff was fraught with issues and took several months to iron out after startup.

Reviewed on 31/12/2022

Solution for bulk hirings

Workday HCM has been a good software when it comes to hiring especially bulk hiring. It also allows you to keep a database for resumes which helps in bulk hiring.

Pros

Workday HCM helps easily post the jobs on internal and external portal and is a very useful tool for hiring/recruiting.

Cons

The limitation in Workday HCM such as smooth onboarding experience and other features such as employee management.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Workday user

I have used it frequently as an employee and reviewed it for its data protection standards and have found it to be very useful and well fit for purpose to manage a large organisation

Pros

I like how easy it is to use Workday and the number of features means all HR activities can be completed within the platform. I have applied for roles using Workday and have used it to record my objectives and update my absence record which quickly gets the necessary approvals from managers.

Cons

It can be a little confusing when there are a number of pages to an application or record and it’s not clear how long the application is.

Reviewed on 09/01/2023

Workday make the day

Pros

It helps in scheduling the daily tasks & manage the Work time.Get a track on my payroll.Suggested provided in developing new talent.Get a track of my career records.Ease in Time-off management

Cons

Keeping track of the organization chart which feels a little clumsy.Learning session can be a little more suggestive according to our career growth.

Morgan
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Workday for Recruitment

Overall the experience has been ok, but if you are looking for a true ATS this is not the answer unless you make some serious tweaks to the setup.

Pros

Ability to use as ATS as well as HR database and tie candidates to employee once hired and onboarded.

Cons

Inability to see candidates on Requisitions that are assigned to other recruiters / users within Workday.

Chakkrit

Reviewed on 28/04/2021

Workday is probably the best human capital management too in the world right now.

Every big organization needs a human capital management program. Without Workday, this wouldn't have been possible. Especially in big companies like Agoda, where there are many requirements from stakeholders such as GDPR, Data Privacy, and Security, these are things that many of the competitors couldn't do.

Pros

Workday is probably the best human capital management in the world right now. Learning Workday opens wide opportunities to various jobs. As a Workday HCM beginner, it might be overwhelming, but after one training course and a month of practice, Workday HCM can easily become a simple thing. Workday HCM is important as it is the core of other Workday modules such as Workday Security and Workday Business Process Architecture.

Cons

Workday is definitely an expensive tool that is only utilized by big companies. It is going to be rare for small to medium size company to use Workday. It means that, if you are going to quit a company that uses Workday and would prefer to find a job in a similar fashion, it has to be a large size company. Workday training is also kind of expensive, yet it is not a one-on-one training but a group course instead. Workday Support is very technically useful, however, it might take some time for an issue to resolve and they don't provide live chat support. Workday Learning is something that my company has issues with the most.

Oracle PeopleSoft
Danielle
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 10/03/2022

"Workday is the best assistant Online for HR"

You may build and grow your corporation using Workday HCM. There is no limit to what can be done. Anyone in HR or a department head may simply access and obtain employee information using their user-friendly interface, whether it's for insight into their compensation or any other data you require. More significantly, it gives HR personnel the tools they need to do their jobs better, from adding new vacation entries to collecting lists of the most frequently utilized perks.

Pros

Payroll, vacation requests, time off, hiring, performance management, and much more are all made easier with Workday. For the most part, tasks are straightforward and intuitively organized. My dashboard displays the demands made by our personnel. To charge other business units for projects and hours, we may change things like pay rate, hours, department, and project id. Direct links to applicants' Facebook and Twitter pages and the ability to select candidates by a variety of criteria, including location, experience, and current position, are all strengths of the recruiting area.

Cons

A few tasks throughout the course of a typical workday might be perplexing. The "time off" tool, for example, may lead you to believe that it displays information about your own personal time off at work, but it actually displays information about the vacation time taken by your team. You have to enter another option to be able to appreciate your free time and it is usually confusing

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

New HR Tool brings some challenges and benefits

MY organization switched over to Workday and I had the chance to use this tool for a while now. I'll say that it's a lot easier to pick up and the available info to learn it was easy to grasp as well.

Pros

You can pretty much find any HR related features/questions/information in one spot. I was able to consolidate my benefits options, PTO, reviews, in one spot. I also think that it's certainly more robust/ takes a lot less down time than our previous software. Besides that Workday comes with the standard user logins, password setup, online time-sheet, etc. that I expect.

I really like the ability to edit my own info very fast. I can change things like benefits or dependencies quickly rather than going directly to my HR's office.

Cons

My one complaint is that I used to be able to directly edit some of my team member's info and reviews from our old platform on my own. I think whether it's due to lack of access rights or just how my HR department has set it up, I can't do that any longer. It's a more lengthy process of getting it manually updated from my end and through some parties outside my immediate department.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Learning Curve, but Allows for a lot of Consolidation

Complex so far, but also rewarding to have a single platform to build off of. There are a lot of things that need to be monitored at once, but again, having things consolidated will make those efforts much easier, along with leveraging the consistent updates from Workday.

Pros

Consolidating one-off software into a single solution. We were utilizing separate candidate tracking software, performance review software, employee profile details, and more. Workday offers all of this, and once everything was ported over, it has become much easier to manage and there are now several other offerings that can be taken advantage of from a data analysis and management standpoint.

Cons

The onboarding and internal training required is extremely robust, however, essential. This is not an overnight switch, it will take a lot of time and internal training, to achieve the top uses of this powerful platform, but the expectation is that it will be very worthwhile.

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

Workday is the best HRIS

It's been an incredibly positive experience. It's intuitive, efficient, and gets the job done quicker and more accurately.

Pros

I was in HR for a long time and have a lot of experience with HRIS systems. Workday is far ahead of the rest and it's so simple, intuitive, and organized to help me complete tasks faster. In a previous role, I used ADP and the system is incredibly archaic. It would take me 10 minutes to find an employee's compensation, you weren't able to change an employee's manager without submitting a form to the HR Support team, etc. Workday is a gem in the HRIS world.

I also love that it's an all-in-one tool that enables me to focus on the full lifecycle of the employee - from the job application through termination of employment. Leaders are also more self-sufficient due to the ease of use, which saves a tremendous amount of time.

Cons

The only issue I have is being able to update goals throughout the year to keep track. When I do that, it goes back to my manager for approval and I'd love to avoid that.

• Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Workday makes it very easy to choose which benefits work best for your family and your needs.

I feel like worday is a great program to use. Especially if you have a large business and you want to deliver a wealth of information to all of your employees at their convenience vs. a time you want to select. The platform can also allow for users to access it from their own home PC's so they can truly do what they need to on their own time. As an employee, I felt like that was a great feature.

Pros

I used workday benefits for over 7 years with a property management company that I worked for. Each year we would log into workday to view the current benefits available and choose which benefits worked best for our needs and our families, if any. IT was super easy to use. They would show you on workday side by side what benefits provided which coverages, and at what costs. You could even use a comparison to see which benefits were going to work best. It also showed all the different types of benefits the company offered such as medical, dental, 401k, LTD, STD, vision and what not. It was very clear what you were selecting and you had to double and triple confirm which benefits you selected. Also, once open enrollment was closed, there was a way, where if you had a qualifying life event, you could change your benefits. It was a very easy, straight forward program for us to use.

Cons

Sometimes while using the software, it would "hiccup" when switching between coverages and I would have to re log in and get to where I was. It was truly a mild issue which wasn't frustrating. This also my have had a LOT to do with the internet I was using and not the actual program itself...

Reviewed on 01/04/2022

Anybody can use it anywhere

Pros

When we moved from different HCM and Workforce Management tool to Workday, we witnessed the users have started using workday without much fuss and difficulty with its easy material UI.

Cons

The tool needs more expertise on implementation of various modules.

Reviewed on 05/08/2018

I use workday as a end user

it is awesome.

Pros

I use workday as a end user in my orgination.In workday what i like most is helps to maintain transparency between management and lower employee.In workday any employee can see full hierarchy of his/her organization so their is no hide and seek between management and employee.Employee can see his all year performance,his role in organization detail ,his profile,training,skill everything in one single place.and for company also it is easy to track each single employee detail like performance,skills,work history.

Cons

I dont find any thing which I dont like in workday as it make transparency in organization so I will suggest to organization to use workday so it increase employee's trust on organization which is very necessary for any organization.

Michael Kevin

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

Workday Honest Review

Overall experience is really great since it is user friendly and the ease of accesss is so easy to navigate because it is straight forward and concise.

Pros

Workday shows all of the necessary details that we users need to access specially when it comes to checking our company info and details. It also gives the users an ease of access for their benefits and even job openings that we can use to grow inside our company.

Cons

We slowly and often get that much updates from the app. If creators can have a notification to the creator of requests , they will be notified of the urgent updates that the user needs so they can give updates right away.

• Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 29/08/2018

Great tool

its great experience so far, once you get the idea of the google like experience when using the tool its super simple to use. its a game changer in our organization in the most positive way

Pros

workday platform overall its one of the best tools available in the market these days, it allows you to configure your environment in the tool to adapt it to your business needs, what I like the most is the capabilities to filter information from candidates and allows you to create a pool of candidates that can be slice and diced according to your needs in your organization, the reporting modules are self service oriented, so you can easily create your reports and kpi to track the effectiveness of your recruiters, there is no single piece of data that this tool is not tracking about your candidates, if you feed it properly and configure it according to your needs it will help you and increase your productivity amazingly.

Cons

Workday costs are high, is not suitable for a small company, the cloud technology they offer os great but it comes with a cost.

Reviewed on 18/03/2019

Half-Baked Cake

I've used the Recruiting module for three years now, I can't help but wonder if the development team has involved an experienced recruiter when developing the module. I honestly don't think that Workday is ready to roll out to the market. If you are the decision maker consider buying this application, you really should include your recruiters' opinions.

Pros

The look and layout of the worklets are the only things I can praise about.

Cons

The business processes are too disconnected to count. The security level is so high up that a small change requires the product admin. (or whoever has the security level) to configure it at the backend. Pre-screening questionnaires must be pre-defined and pre-populated in the system - you can’t adjust the questions according to the requirements of each job at the time of Job Requisition creation. Trying to find a Job Requisition associated with a Position requires the skills of Sherlock Holmes. Recruiter receives many useless notifications and hiring managers receive many emails to a point of hysteria. Workday refreshes itself so frequently that recruiter can never leave their My Recruiting Jobs report on the screen longer than half-an-hour. Moreover, as soon as you click on any link on the My Recruiting Jobs report, any sorting/filtering will be lost. Customizing the columns of the Candidate Grid does not mean you can export it to Excel the same way you’ve arranged the columns. You can’t write comments as you read the resumes in the Candidate Grid - you have to go to individual application and write in the Activity Stream. Hiring managers can’t select and move multiple candidates at the Candidate Grid - can only move 1. You can’t use simple AND/OR with the filter feature at the Candidate Grid – can only search 1 word. When you search a specific name (i.e., Patel) in the Search Box, it spit out a list of names with no particular order; importantly, no filtering tools.

Jacob
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

Workday for working people

Best service out there. Would recommend.

Pros

There is an ease of use for total HR solution. Payroll management, time registry, Health and dental and overall benefit elections for insurance, chain of command. The software has it all in one place. The benefits portion allows direct selection of medical, dental, eye, and life insurance. Great selection overall.

Cons

Sometimes it feels like a one way in and one way out method can be confusing to navigate within. It is hard to know if entry’s are accurate. Overall the system includes everything’s from questions with written entry options to multiple choice bubble selections and all of the positives outweigh the quirks.

• Industry: Medical Devices
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Navigation is a bit cumbersome

It would be good to have the UI redesigned to be more intuitive and perhaps function like a OS-native application (e.g. Windows, Mac, etc.) The current web-based interface is a little unwieldy.

Pros

Workday has a fairly robust set of functionalities, like the previous tool we used, and is improving with each upgrade, but I think there are several nuances that could be beefed up.

Cons

The location of the buttons is awkward, and the navigation is not very intuitive. For example, when doing a performance evaluation, the navigation - though it is customized for my company - leaves a lot to be desired.

Cynthia
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

My Workday

Use it in business

Pros

Workday is one of the few software products that I use everyday and have no issues with or complaints. It is a good software that does what it says and your expectations are met. My company uses Workday Payroll to manage and track payroll for employees. It is accurate, functional and the interface is easy to use. The overall look is clean and easy to read and understand and yet it has a complexity that enables a wealth of data to be entered.

Cons

No cons for this product. Perhaps the only critique I could give as a con is the integration with ADP could be a bit easier. I tend to click on several links to get into the payroll system which is a little annoying when it opens three more windows and I already have eight or nine opened. However that is minor in comparison to the benefits.