About Workday HCM

Workday HCM assists global businesses of all sizes in a variety of industry verticals with workforce planning, analysis, and execution. Workday delivers user and administrative tools across financials, HR, planning, talent,...

Browse Workday HCM Reviews

Nolan H. Nolan H.

Reviewed on 10/08/2021

Workday HCM Review

I support a team that focuses primarily on data driven tasks, and within that world its' really import to step away from the numbers and the data and focus on what my employees are excelling at individually and see what challenges they are facing. I love that the employee is the one to input their goals and results, as that holds them accountable for any challenges they are facing. The email reminders are very helpful for both me and the team I support. It's a great tool that helps us connect and drive forward!

Pros

Workday HCM has been a big part of my employee success tracking since my organization made the switch. However, with my entire division switching to a remote / work from home model, it's been imperative to keeping my employees on track with their career development. Workday makes it simple and streamlined to create monthly, quarterly & annual goals for my team, and my favourite thing about the software is when an entry is needed or overdue from them, they receive a message to their inbox (so I don't have to send a ton of reminders - nobody likes doing that). On my end, I get updates regarding completion status of performance tracking, and I really like the transparency in terms of my employees receivng a notification when I have completed their forms on my end as well.

Cons

I find it a bit difficult to access previous performance reviews, and I somehow never get there on my first try when I try to access the previous quarters or months. If there was a much more obvious option on the dashboard that would make the Workday experience even better.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 05/03/2020

Workday HCM software

Fantastic product that gave me all the insights I needed into my team. I was easily able to onboard and verify to-do documentation.

Pros

Value. One simple word. Workday's HCM platform is the Bentley of HR software. It's easy to use and provides incredible insights to employee and company data

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve when it comes to maneuvering through the product. Our implementation took several months and the transition wasn't as smooth as we had hoped.

ADP Workforce Now and BambooHR

Reasons for Switching to Workday HCM

ROI, the value that came from selecting Workday as a full ERP.
David S. David S.

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

Workday is a useful Payroll and Human Resources tool

I like working with it. The interface is clean and uncluttered, I can quickly enter time, request a day off and look at my pay stubs. Transitioning from Paycom was really pain free except we did not get charged for health benefits the first pay period and got ALL of it charged the subsequent pay period.

Pros

I like the simplicity with which employees can track their time worked, ask for time off, and see their pay stubs.

Cons

I wish it would let you stay logged in. I have to log in many times a day

Top Workday HCM Alternatives

Oracle PeopleSoft

JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

ADP Vantage HCM

• Industry: Philanthropy
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 19/03/2019

Finally getting away from PDFs

Pros

The best part of about Workday Performance Management is the ability to get away from manual processes. Previously at our company, we had to write our self-evaluations in a PDF document that was submitted to our managers. Then the manager could choose to write something completely different or utilize what was already written by the employee. Ultimately, the manual process left out information. With Workday Performance Management, everything is included. The self-evaluation is maintained within the performance review, as is the manager's review. That way anyone can compare and contrast what the manager had to say vs. what the employee had to say about themselves. All of this can be custom created per company so that an organization can keep whatever fields work best for them. It also can maintain goals, as well as milestones throughout the course of the year so that employees aren't just touching their reviews once a year, but actually working on them throughout the entire year. Sometimes it is hard to keep up with all that I have accomplished at the end of the year, unless I have written it down in a Word doc. But now you can add things to your review as it happens and then do one final edit at the end of the year.

Cons

The biggest con for me is the lack of stating what can be improved. This could be a customized field that my organization failed to incorporate. If that's true, then maybe the improvement could come from WorkDay itself on best practices. But every employee wants to shine a light on all the good they did throughout the course of the year. It is just as important for each employee to shine a light on the things they could do better, or improve upon for the next year. Another con for our organization was the length of time it took to implement WorkDay within our systems. It was far from an easy task that took thousands of man-hours to implement. However, now that it is implemented and people are using it, it seems to have been worth the effort.

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Learning Curve, but Allows for a lot of Consolidation

Complex so far, but also rewarding to have a single platform to build off of. There are a lot of things that need to be monitored at once, but again, having things consolidated will make those efforts much easier, along with leveraging the consistent updates from Workday.

Pros

Consolidating one-off software into a single solution. We were utilizing separate candidate tracking software, performance review software, employee profile details, and more. Workday offers all of this, and once everything was ported over, it has become much easier to manage and there are now several other offerings that can be taken advantage of from a data analysis and management standpoint.

Cons

The onboarding and internal training required is extremely robust, however, essential. This is not an overnight switch, it will take a lot of time and internal training, to achieve the top uses of this powerful platform, but the expectation is that it will be very worthwhile.

Ben J. Ben J.

Reviewed on 03/08/2017

Difficult to learn without paying for courses but still a solid option

I have only been using Workday for a few months. After taking all of the integration courses and starting to build integrations I am reasonably comfortable with the back end but no front end knowledge which is required to test at least the inbound integrations. Be prepared to spend days researching certain topics before coming up with answers. I recommend hiring a consultant to help in house developers learn the tools and functionality if you decide to go with Workday.

Pros

-Basic functionality for end users is intuitive and easy to use.
-Lots of options for integration with third parties
-Easy to use, custom, report capability with the option to expose reports as services (RaaS).
-Fairly easy to learn and use add-in for Eclipse for complicated integrations (Workday Studio).

Cons

-Training is expensive and is basically required to do an implementation due to lack of available reference material. Recording the online training for future reference is not permitted
-The workday community site is cumbersome (searches are not ranked according to relevancy and it can take many hours to find what you are looking for). Some workday studio components don't seem to be documented at all on the site.
-Certain functionality and community information is only provided to "Workday Implementation partners" which makes it nearly impossible to implement in-house without paying to outsource some of the work to a workday partner.
-Workday doesn't seem to have been built with performance in mind. Even with server side paging, reports and integrations are very slow.
-Lots of "hidden features." This would normally be a bonus but more advanced tasks require the user to know exactly what to search for from the application's search feature. Most of the functionality of workday is hidden in search results and isn't intuitively exposed in the UI.

Seeba B. Seeba B.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 20/12/2020

Makes it so much easier to apply jobs

Pros

All professionals know how exhausting the application experience can be. Despite being skilled, knowledgeable, and experienced and reaching to the last level of the interview process, for some unknown reason it is always given to some brown-noser or somehow was already promised the job to someone else and thus professionals are back to square one in the application process. This makes it so easy as it carries over the information from your resume and is intelligent enough to fill the entry fields accurately.

Cons

While very accurate, I wish it would also carry over my skills, languages, certifications. Workday would be the number one option. I also wish that Workday increases its marketing to make it a household name for applications - all companies should be using this software to recruit employees.

David B. David B.
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Great to underpin scale in talent needs

Attraction and retention of talent. Ensuring in-country language capability and experiences.

Pros

Underpins end to end processes, drives consistency and has a long path of innovation ahead to improve.

Cons

Some logic and workflow could have some improvement to make it more consumer-grade. The recruiting model is getting easier but needs some more work.

Jacob M. Jacob M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 16/07/2018

Wonderful. This software is an industry-leading powerhouse!

I am able to get into contact with my managers in seconds with this software. Also, I am able to finally put away my tacky spreadsheet and download this software for a smoother payroll experience. I am able to not worry about my Payroll anymore!

Pros

I do not think there is a better payroll software out there. Workday Payroll software allows users of all levels of business to submit time sheets in a matter of seconds. No more physical punch cards or tacky spreadsheets. I love the fact that I can have this software as an application on my phone! I can literally correct mistakes, find manager information, or contact Workday Payroll right from my phone!

Cons

I wish that when submitting my time sheet, the software would send a notification straight to said manager instead of via email. Often I am left having to track down my manager and notify him or her of my current situation with my time sheet.

Cynthia R. Cynthia R.
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 08/11/2018

My Workday

Use it in business

Pros

Workday is one of the few software products that I use everyday and have no issues with or complaints. It is a good software that does what it says and your expectations are met. My company uses Workday Payroll to manage and track payroll for employees. It is accurate, functional and the interface is easy to use. The overall look is clean and easy to read and understand and yet it has a complexity that enables a wealth of data to be entered.

Cons

No cons for this product. Perhaps the only critique I could give as a con is the integration with ADP could be a bit easier. I tend to click on several links to get into the payroll system which is a little annoying when it opens three more windows and I already have eight or nine opened. However that is minor in comparison to the benefits.

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Workday is a must for any serious company

I wasn't sure what to expect from Workday, but now after using it for some time, I can confirm that this is one of the best solutions to track almost everything that is happening inside of your whole Organization/Corporation.

Pros

It is very easy to use Workday, track down what is happening within my Organization, payroll, are there any new open jobs in the whole company ( no matter which country am I checking, I will get all information about the open jobs, pre req for it and what are the benefits of that position ) or even some new trainings ( and surveys to improve our organization ).

Cons

Sometimes while checking the Organization tab, tiles representing agents and their Leadership are getting glitchy, which gets resolved with the refresh of the screen, but overall experience is more than good.

Leo M. Leo M.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

All in one software for your HR and scheduling needs

Overall quality of this software is awesome. The downside is the scheduled maintenance can somewhat go for an hour or even a whole day.

Pros

I have been in two companies and have been using this software for 6 years now. It is very easy to use and since it's web based, I can access it even out of the office. Scheduling discrepancies can be easily detected and fixed in a timely manner. Requests can be easily made with just once click of a button. Support is also good. Errors and bugs can be easily fixed in no time.

Cons

Scheduled maintenance can somehow be a nuisances especially when you have to change something on your schedule.

Gayana I. Gayana I.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Workday is a great tool for managing time, vacation, and pay

Workday is a great HR tool that helps business organize and provide important information to their employees and employees to have access to everything related to their earnings, times, and financial documents

Pros

I love that the app is super easy to use on the phone and i have the same functionality as the website. I can access my pay stubs, download them, access my W2s, vacation, sick time - basically anything i ever need to know about employment data

Cons

To be honest, i can't even think of anything. I really like workday and i most definitely prefer it to ADP

Adam F. Adam F.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Mainstream product, but a lot of work to get there.

It provides the basics in a stable platform, but it's still very basic due to our need to control costs and not customize it for our needs as much.

Pros

Offered as a SaaS solution for our needs. This off-loaded much of the management aspects from our internal IT team for focusing on other business initiatives.

Cons

Every little aspect appears to have an "add-on" price in order to make it work better for users. There are ways to use additional features, but it requires users to "search" for various reports and processes rather than being able to select from the main menu of options. Not very user friendly.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 18/01/2018

A great way to manage pay slips but lacking some functionality

Pros

It does a great job at consolidating payslips and allowing easy access to payroll information from multiple years and paydays. It's web based and the user interface is adaptive; so it works well on mobile devices too, easy to access and can be integrated with the enteprise single sign on (SSO) infrastructure.

Cons

When a user wants to print a payslip this is automatically generated by a background process and it is not displayed immediately. Instead, the user is told that a notification will be received within their Workday UI when the file is ready for printing/download in PDF. Now the problem is that this file is dynamically generated with the same name, every time. So if you need to download all your payslips from a certain year, you'll find that you have to rename 26 different files to be able to find the right one you need later.

Reviewed on 02/02/2021

Workday Review from an Executive Assistant

My overall experience was very positive. As I mentioned above it is one of the better benefits software I have used in my career.

Pros

Workday is one of the better benefits software I have used in my almost 20 years as an Executive Assistant. It is comprehensive, easy to use and offers a variety of functions. There wasn’t anything I ever felt was missing from it like I have with other similar softwares.

Cons

I truly don’t have any cons to include here.

Whitney S. Whitney S.

Reviewed on 12/03/2018

App is Great!

Pros

I love love love the WorkDay app. I use it to clock in and out everyday, as well as submit my weekly time card. It is easy and clear to use. Being able to look up my payslips by date, download and export them is especially helpful. It's also super easy to request and track your time off and sick time.

Cons

There are certain things that are only available to managers. For example, if time has already been submitted, you as an employee can not go in and adjust that time. This is especially frustrating when you just need to correct a simple mistake (you entered check in time as "PM" rather than "AM").

Farryn M. Farryn M.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 04/01/2020

Workday workpay

This program helps my manager know when I want time off and what hours I worked. It sends you an email update when time is due so I never miss a paycheck. It keeps track of important documents so that I don’t have to!

Pros

I use this program at work to clock in and out of work. I also use it to select my benefits, my tax forms and submit request for PTO. It’s easy to use, straight forward and they even have an app I can access when I am not at work.

Cons

Something that I like least about the program is that the app wanted me to change my password after a short time which led to me being locked out of the app. Another thing that is frustrating is that you can’t just click and look at your paystub, it has to be downloaded and there are a few steps to getting it.

Amelia D. Amelia D.

Reviewed on 06/10/2021

Daily user with high praise

Whether requesting time off, checking previous payroll, or managing benefits, Workday has been a great resource for our employees.

Pros

Workday HCM is so easy to use and manage for employees and administrators.

Cons

Accessing specific benefits information can be tricky.

Stephanie S. Stephanie S.

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Use this everyday!

Pros

We use Workday in many different ways. We can track our PTO and request days off in this program, we also can view Org Charts and put faces to names. I can see who works for who and under what department on a chart that they provide which is an amazing tool. We also use Workday for promotions and to send documents through. It is great.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind at this time.

Javier M. Javier M.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Convenient and Informative App

I use it on a daily basis to have access to my performance numbers and algo goals and plans that I have to increase or maintain the percentage of my productivity. It also shows me all the yearly reviews submitted since I started with the company.

Pros

I like the fact that is a friendly user page and you can easily find the information that your looking for navigating without confusions.

Cons

At this time I don't dislike anything about this program.

Hannah S. Hannah S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 01/11/2019

Make sure it is set up correctly

I really like Workday. I learn something new every day and it’s a great system when everyone knows how to use it. Definitely pay for workday training.

Pros

Very easy to use and many security features. It’s a really good system if it is implemented correctly.

Cons

Biggest con is that the process needs to be reviewed over and over before it can be implemented. Very hard to make changes once it is set up.

Megan H. Megan H.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 19/04/2018

Workday has it all and it is so user friendly!

I loved working with this software, it made life in Recruiting so much easier!

Pros

It is clean and user friendly, the interface is not busy with too many things. It has everything you need in one place!

Cons

There are some things they haven't rolled out yet but I know they will have it on the roadmap soon. If they do have something but you haven't turned it on, they are very helpful in rolling things out.

Maria C. Maria C.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

I've been using the workday app for all my payroll and time card needs for work.

I use it almost all the time so I always know exactly what's going on when it comes to my payroll or time cards.

Pros

It's easy to use and it's so easy to navigate through the mobile site. It's so beneficial to be able to check my time card and look at my payroll information in the palm of my hands.

Cons

I don't like that I have to use my token app just to gain access to the site that links to my work account for payroll purposes. Not sure if it's maybe because of my company or if it's something that everyone has to do. Nonetheless it's inconvenient when I'm in a rush.

Oscar L. Oscar L.

Reviewed on 29/06/2018

Workday has shown to be a very versatile system that can be well adjusted to fit company comp...

This software made it easy to learn payroll to begin with. Now I use it for equity.

Pros

I really like how it can house HR and Payroll data, and can also contain some equity details. Having all three functions in one product has really helped to ease payroll processing as well as avoid data confusion you would likely get from using multiple systems to house the different functional data.

Also, I enjoy the level of detail and ability to 'open the hood' to adjust the system to fit our payroll needs. Processing payroll itself is very easy as well.

I also enjoy how the demographic data (address, work location) is displayed and the effective date displayed.

Cons

1. Workday does not seem to do well with handling int'l mobile employees that need to be paid a supplemental payment in the US though they live outside the US.