About ClearCompany

Since 2004, ClearCompany has empowered thousands of companies to attract, screen, and hire better talent, engage their team, and use strategic insights to keep their recruiting competitive.The ClearCompany Talent Management...

Browse ClearCompany Reviews

269 of 677,880 reviews
Ann A.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

Cleanest, Simplest Interface

I

Pros

As a recruiter, I value the clean simplicity of the Clear Company user interface. No two products have the same design, so there is perhaps a half day of getting used to where things are found in the candidate lifecycle, but once you see it, it makes perfect sense and becomes habit. Also, the overall look of each page is 'clean' - easy to see all the information without needing to overlook a bunch of unused information.

Cons

I do not have any negative impressions of the Clear Company product from the point of view of a recruiter. I am completely satisfied.

Elena A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 10/09/2020

Great Experience

Very happy with our choice. Great people.

Pros

Excellent customer service, ability to speak to a live CSR is a undeniable plus.
Easy to navigate and launch.
Paperless approach

Cons

Printing option is not the strongest. Definitely needs improvement on printing formatting.

Paylocity and Cornerstone LMS

Reasons for Choosing ClearCompany

unhappy with the service and software options.

Reviewsnap

Reasons for Switching to ClearCompany

felt like it was the most fit choice for our Company.
Jason B.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Solid program with good support

Pros

This program is reliable, customizable, good support.

Cons

Cost increases over the years were significant. Forced me to look for other options.

Xenqu

Reasons for Switching to ClearCompany

ClearCompany had a comprehensive recruiting package, but since we weren’t ready for the whole solution, they allowed us to utilize the on-boarding portion by itself.

Top ClearCompany Alternatives

Marianne L.

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

ClearCompany Review

Recruiting and keeping track of candidates has made my life so much easier when before I would have to log everything on a spreadsheet. I find the benefits of onboarding is great. again everything is one location, accounting gets a completed packet with nothing missing prior to their first day. Also creating a checklist of items that need to be completed internally for each new hire helps not to miss anything.

I think feature requests typically take a long time and if it is something we really need we are always offered the option that it can be done but it would come at a cost.

Pros

What I like most about the software is that I have all the information for candidates and employees in one place. That I can upload files like Caliper tests, emails and additional info to a candidates profile and the same for employees. Like union cards, intern confirmation letters to name a couple.

Cons

So I don't like that I don't have an overview in the dashboard of what internal packet items have not been completed. The employee name and percentage is listed on my dashboard but it would be great if I was able to see what has not been completed and by who. I feel I would be able to stay on top of it more. Right now the only way for me to see what is not completed is to go into each employees internal packet to see who owes what.

Due to the pandemic I had to schedule a lot of virtual meetings through Microsoft teams since ClearCompany does not offer that option. So being that you already sync with outlook I don't understand why microsoft teams is not available through ClearCo. Its extra work for me since I need to go back and forth and then type a note so I can keep a record of what happened.

Amy Y.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 27/02/2018

Most intuitive and functional applicant tracking software yet!

I have used other applicant tracking software solutions before but they were often cumbersome to use or never had quite the right functionality that I wanted. I love ClearCompany so much because it truly has everything I need in an easy to use system. AND just when I think it couldn't be better they come up with new enhancements! I have, and will continue to recommend ClearCompany ATS to anyone who has recruiting responsibilities, especially if they are a government contractor!

Pros

Very intuitive and user friendly to use. Various ways to access information and sort information to see what you need. The Clear Company team is extremely responsive to providing help but also listening to suggestions for future improvements. Their support is top notch - from online training videos, to online chat and a customer success manager who not only cares but follows up (and not like other companies who will reach out when they want to sell me a new feature). I also attended their 2017 Talent Conference in Boston, which was really a great learning opportunity as well as to connect with my

Cons

I would not say there are any cons, but we live in a time where instant gratification has become the norm and expectation. There have been times when I have waited 30 - 60 min for a response to my online chat request. There are new reports I would like to have, but I know their reporting function just went under an overhaul and I am working on moving to the new platform soon, so I am excited to see what the new reporting capabilities are. The only other improvement I could suggest right now is to make this highly capable software to be better suited for a global company. We have business in India and ClearCompany has helped us to utilize their system for our recruiter in India, but there is still opportunity to improve the system for a company doing business overseas.

Carmen G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 10/08/2015

I highly recommend ClearCompany

I have found the ClearCompany recruiting and onboarding modules very helpful and easy to use. Coming from our previous manual system, they have saved me a great deal of time. The best thing about ClearCompany, though, is their excellent customer service. When I need help, I can call and get real help from someone who actually works there, usually my account manager, not someone in a call center somewhere reading from a script. They are always very quick to address whatever concern I have. We are an energy company with over 200 employees in several states. Having an efficient, online onboarding process has streamlined HR's workflow, and being able to sort and categorize the thousands of applications we receive each year has saved us a great deal of time, and has eliminated the bottleneck we used to have in distributing resumes to the relevant department managers.

Pros

Customer service; our hiring managers have immediate access to resumes; efficient, streamlined onboarding process; customized forms

Cons

1. I'd like to see an integrated, easy way to sort applicants on our side. We get a huge number of applicants seeking all sorts of jobs we aren't advertising. We have two "General Consideration" requisitions set up to keep people from applying inappropriately for jobs that require special qualifications. I have not found the Talent Pool feature to be useful in sorting these candidates, so I set up many unposted requisitions that I forward those candidates into, based on what type of job they may be considered for in the future. This clogs up our requisition list, and takes extra time. It would be nice to have an assortment of buckets for these applicants that is seperate from the live requisitions, and with some automation as in the talent pool feature. For instance, they could be automatically sorted based on an answer to a screening question.
2. Also, it can take a while to get new forms built, or old ones changed. Sometimes they fix one piece on a form, and something else stops working. I would like for them to test the forms thoroughly to make sure they work before giving them to us. We have also had trouble printing some of the forms, because they aren't designed to be printed.

Carl P.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 16/02/2017

ClearCompany HRM Review

All in all this has been a pretty good product for our organization. We were able to streamline our req approval process through the ATS and on top of that the reporting system is super robust. The reqs that you open can be automatically pushed to the larger job boards and on top of that you can set up knockout questions for candidates when they submit their application through the ATS. Our company will be transitioning out of ClearCompany to an HRIS but if we did not make the jump to the new system it is very liekly we would have re-upped with ClearCompany.

Pros

Candidate score card and marking system are pretty unique and different. You can set up triggers that parse the resume and pre-rank the candidates based on what is in there to sync up with your job qualifications...makes sourcing super easy. Candidate review process is pretty nice as well, you can 1 click push the candidate to the hiring managers for review.

Cons

Honestly, Their customer support is less than ideal. I think we cycled through 3 different reps on our account and we haven't even been with them for 2 years. That being said, it comes with the territory...we have had a couple ATS's and it always seems that is the case once you on-board as a client.

• Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Great Applicant Tracking and Recruiting Platform

It has been a wonderful experience and the platform is easy to use and effective.

Pros

Along with being a wonderful tool for recruiting, setting up and customizing ClearCo is very easy. The background setup allows you to customize everything you would ever want, including email templates, knockout question scoring, etc.

Cons

The reporting in ClearCo is lacking as it isn't user friendly and hard to find very basic measures. Another pain point is that the ScoreCard and Interview Guide do not populate in the same order, so there is some legwork when preparing for an interview. It isn't a ton of legwork, but it is annoying.

Gina A.

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

Robust software that's easy to use!

I talk about Clear Company so much, I am a huge supporter. The past few months I have had a difficult time with communication with my CSM, come to find out she no longer is with the company I can now move forward hopefully to accomplish my goals with upgrading the platform.

Pros

I love how detailed you can get with workflows, it helps me stay organized. Everything always works the way it is supposed to.

Cons

I would love to see an offboarding feature added with similar workflows as onboarding.

Craig S.

Reviewed on 26/08/2018

Impressive tech and great support

Highly recommend them - probably top 3 in enterprise market.

Pros

ClearCompany really do everything well. From building innovative, easy to use tech to being really thoughtful and proving impressive support.

ClearCompany go a little further than a normal ATS. They manage on-boarding and performance well which is great. What is also impressive is that all these components work really well as they build by the same company and made to work together from the start - making the experience truly great. Their technology is also cloud based, SAAS model which means you do not have to worry about infrastructure.

Cons

I cannot see any cons with ClearCompany. Their product is sound, reliable and competitively priced with great support.

Sarah H.

Reviewed on 16/08/2018

Recruiting made easy

I have been happy with ClearCompany overall. Their support with getting started was great, but then after that I was left hanging a little bit with training everyone on how to use the system. Everything is extremely user friendly and was mostly easy to figure out on my own, but could have gone better with a larger scale launch.

Pros

It is very simple to use and you can use the system to customize your recruiting and hiring needs

Cons

There is not a mobile compatible way of searching for specific candidate information over the cellphone. I also wish they had some time sensitive options like reminders or delayed email responses.

Stacy B.

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

ClearCompany has been great!

We've been very happy with the platform and are looking to add more components to have a more robust system.

Pros

The recruiting platform on ClearCompany is relatively intuitive and easy to use. ClearText functionality, allowing us to text candidates directly through the platform, has saved time and provided a better candidate experience. Quick and easy to disposition candidates.

Cons

Days open calculation starts when the requisition is entered, not fully approved, which results in us doing a manual calculation for a true time to fill metric.

Laura Z.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 19/03/2020

Clear Company usage and support.

I have had a good interaction with Clear Company when I've had concerns/questions. They go above and beyond to help answer them.

Pros

It is easy to navigate around. It is easy to connect with someone at Clear Company and they do their very best to answer the questions asked.

Cons

I wish Clear Company and the background screening service we use were compatible. Also, when updates are made to Clear Company the notes were easier to locate.

Samantha P.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 15/02/2017

Great Applicant Tracking System and Phenomenal Customer Service

This ATS is easy to use! It is so easy to post jobs, organize applicants and communicate with hiring managers and candidates all through the system. The applications can be customized to your organization and even to different types of jobs within your organization. I have never received such top-notch customer service from a Vendor. Our relationship manager is second to none!

Kellyit T.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 11/01/2018

I use ClearCompany as an agency recruiter and it meets our needs very well!

ClearCompany is very easy to learn and use. It has a good dashboard and some great features to save you time!

Pros

I love the scheduling functionality. It makes it quick and easy to schedule my phone interviews by selecting my availability up front and letting the candidates choose what works best from them without a lot of back and forth. We like the option to send video interview questions as well.

Cons

We end up with a lot of duplicate applications and there doesn't seem to be a good way to merge or combine duplicates. We also have a lot of technical difficulties with candidates completing the video questions.

Mark R.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 16/06/2021

Responsive Customer Service/Ease of Use/ Great Value

Never really had an issue that wasn't quickly resolved

Pros

Clear does just what we need and more. Easy to use and intuitive. Like texting feature.

Cons

At this point I am happy with everything

Kammy F.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 11/03/2021

Our choice in Clear Company was a great decision

We have had great experiences overall with Clear Company. The set up and backend processes are very user friendly.

Pros

The ease of use, and how it intigrates with ADP. Also the Customer Service and response time are top notch.

Cons

The only thing missing that we would like to see is an integration with Sterling, which is the company that handles our credit and background checks.

Kristin C.
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Excellent Full Circle Talent Management Software!

Completed implementation end of November 2017
Rolling it out company-wide, Goals first in December and Performance in January
Feedback from employees has been very positive
Managers are getting the hang of it
Adoption so far has been good

Pros

Only company that was full circle thinking on Talent Management
All modules from ATS and Onboarding to Goal Setting and Performance Management
Lots of options to customize, different for internal vs. external candidate process
Good standard options like notifications
Good training by video, or live
GREAT implementation support and project timeline
GREAT ongoing support, patient, personable, couldn't ask for better!

Cons

A little confusing due to so many custom options
Would like to have had a project outline for communicating roll out for the company. I've managed, but lack experience in this area, and as a small company, more guidance in rollout would have been helpful.

Josh C.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 10/03/2020

Great tool for recruiting and onboarding

Pros

Easy and fast to post multiple jobs to multiple sites

Cons

The search feature needs an upgrade. Sometimes it's difficult to locate a particular candidate if they have a common name.

Caroline I.

Reviewed on 07/06/2018

My current implemented Clear Company Software for six clients. They are happy with its...

1. Employee Performance Management
2. The software helps employers are able to hire the best talent
3. Employees are able to understand what they bring to the table
4. The software helps in on boarding and recruitment of employees

Pros

I like how the software tracks an employee holistically. From onboarding, recruitment, goal tracking and performance management using metrics for measuring success. This is helps employers hire the top talent. The software is also beneficial for employees since they are able to understand how their work impacts a company.

Cons

1. It can take some time for users to learn how to use the software, but once they do, things are smooth.
2. The software does not allow for much customization like theme color.

James T.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 08/12/2020

Fantastic platform

Pros

User friendly and first class customer service and support.

Cons

Nothing that I could share at this time.

Nicole P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 28/02/2018

ClearCompany HRM helps recruiting talented people

Pros

ClearCompany helps us manage the candidates information in a well defined format. Its easy to schedule interviews and review candidate details using this application. Helps with employee engagement activities by assigning team members with different tasks. helps with custom formatted reporting.

Chakradhar C.

Reviewed on 06/07/2018

Human Resource and Talent Management are not buzzword anymore

This is the only tool in the market which hire right candidates which matches according to our company's vision and mission , end of the day for us talent is secondary while attitude is primary and CLEAR helps us to accomplish that

Pros

streamlined the entire process of human resource management and aligning potential candidates to match the our mission vision makes CLEAR different from the competitors

Cons

everything works great , there is nothing specific cons about the tool except the design , i believe its long due design update also the UI and UX needs little update , Again everything works great

Renee' M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 03/02/2016

ClearCompany HRM - ATS & On-Boarding

Pros

My client relationship manager has been excellent. She's very responsive to my requests and I like the flexibility they offer in developing the product to suit our needs. The whole implementation process with the ATS and the on-boarding went very well and they were able to adapt to our last minute requests and address our concerns before going "live".
I like the fact they have different modules that can be implemented as our company continues to grow. We are now exploring the performance management tool with them and hope to implement that within the next year.

Cons

The JobTarget site, where we can post jobs to multiple sites. I'd like to see further improvements with this vendor.

Sandy L.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 11/09/2018

ATS Review

Pros

Customer support is awesome!! When contacting our Customer Support Manager she responds quickly and her answers actually address our question.

Cons

Training....Would to have training's to be live instead of videos. For example, training for new employees that will be using system as a recruiter.