About Todoist

Todoist is a to-do list and task manager for professionals and small businesses. Combining tasks, projects, comments, attachments, notifications, and more, Todoist lets users streamline their personal and team productivity and...

Browse Todoist Reviews

1,420 of 1,396 reviews
Zane B.
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 27/07/2021

A simple yet VERY effective tool for task management

Great tool for task management. Simple yet effective and worth every penny to get the pro version.

Pros

I can create a task in less than 10 seconds. I love the new description feature additions as it allows me to add more context about any given task.

Cons

It can be a bit limited if you want to use the app to keep track of projects. There's a comment feature but it's hard to find comments about old or completed tasks making searching for old info a bit more time-consuming.

Martha M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

You can do it with Todoist

I have been managing my daily tasks at personal and home level. My general testimony is that for every task I have for that day, if I have it on todoist, I know I'll do it.

Pros

The first thing that will capture your attention is the logo itself. The symbol of three white ticks in a red background gives an inner feeling of success amidst a dangerously busy day.
The app has both a free version and a paid version. The paid version is priced from $4 to $5 per person per month, which is reasonable.
When you open the app, you are welcome with the Bird's eye view of your week. You plan your tasks and fill them into the timeslots of your choice, so you can see how your week appears on the dashboard. This helps you to readjust your plans sensibly.
Todoist works perfectly well on almost all well-known platforms. You have all the assurance to find your data on every gadget you use, because everything is synched, making you less likely to forget a thing.
Todoist can also work flawlessly on your device without a data connection and still sync everything when you are back online.
You'll find Todoist most suitable for personal routine or daily quick plans and tasks. You can share tasks with family members and set reminders at intervals of your choice.
The app can be integrated with various productivity applications like Google calendar, Jira, Slack, zendesk, Gmail, Outlook, Teams Zapier, etc.
I also like the swiftness and the AI applied in Todoist. As you type your task in the text box, the app automatically detects time and date in your sentence and accurately sets a reminder at that specific date and time.

Cons

I have not experienced any problem with the application so far. I would have said it here. If I am to compare with other apps under the same category, I am sure I was going to have complaints.

Steve M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

The to-do app I've actually stuck with for a long time

It's superb for always being ready to go. I really love the Android widget that always sits on my home screen right next to my calendar and weather. It shows my task list for the day and I have no excuse for not knowing what needs doing.

Pros

I have used Todoist for almost 3 years now and it's the one to-do product that I seem to be able to stick with. I went through a variety of to-do-list managers before this, but somehow because of the wide range of platforms that it supports, including a browser extension, a native Windows app, mobile apps, and a native Mac app, Todoist meets my needs really well. So I guess the feature I like the most is it's ubiquity and speed--it's always close at hand. It can even be the default to-do manager on an Alexa device, which is really nice because you don't have to say "open Todoist" or something like that.

Cons

The free version is really limited. I had the paid version for quite a while and then switched back, but miss a few of the paid features. Even simple things like seeing completed to-dos aren't available unless you pay, so consider the free tier to be VERY limited.

Top Todoist Alternatives

Kristen G.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

The perfect tool for keeping your to-do list organized

I use ToDoist to keep track of tasks sent to me by clients. I don't use it for project management, extensive notes, or workflow so much as a simple to-do list of projects that need to be completed. Sometimes you don't need to write a lot of details - you just need to be sure you do the task and todoist is the best software I have found for that. Love it!

Pros

I love how it's a no frills to-do list I can access on my computer and phone. I love being able to set up different projects, due dates, and sub tasks. It also helps me with my EOM invoicing so I know what I did for each client.

Cons

I wish I could get more features for free. The comment feature and ability to set reminders look great. Although, Todoist does send me an email every day letting me know what's on my list, so that is very helpful even without reminders.

Asana, Notion and Trello

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Asana is a great tool for projects with deeper complexity, but there was too much to fill out and add when I just wanted to manage my tasks. Todoist is exactly what I was looking for.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Todoist was straightforward and non-distracting. It did exactly what I needed without me getting pulled into a rabbit hole of writing notes or project management when none was needed.

Reviewed on 05/10/2019

How would I live without it?

Overall, I wouldn't change anything about the layout of Todoist. I could not stay organized or finish a good portion of my job without Todoist. It's relatively simplistic, but I love that about it, and I appreciate the intuitiveness of the tool in general.

Pros

Todoist is very easy to use. I like that I can create a task and add as many notes to it as I need. When I don't have the time or brain power to finish a project at the end of the day, I create a task in Todoist so I can pick up where I left off the next day. It's easy to move the due date on any task if anything changes. The most significant way I use Todoist is to fill in the gaps on any work processes that are not fully automated. I set tasks out in the future all the time to make sure the final step is compete. Without Todoist I would be at a loss!

Cons

The only thing I don't like about Todoist is it doesn't always log my completed tasks immediately. When I mark a task as completed, it should disappear from my list right away, but sometimes it doesn't update until I have refreshed the page. I'm guessing this is an issue that will be solved by the Todoist team soon.

Yaroslav K.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

Your personal assistant everyday, everywhere || Best portable task manager

Pros

*Flexibility
You can use browser, android, ios, windows, mac device, apple watch, android wear or even use a gmail or outlook.
Todoist is right there for you.

*UI
It has the most welcoming UI of all todo managers. Of course, tastes are different. But I believe, no-one would disagree that Todoist is well made and developed with Love.

*Scalability and features

No being a full scale CRM does not stop Todoist from having everything you might want to have for your everyday simple lists, reminders and tasks. Todoist offers such features as a great approach to structure of tasks, flawless work on the prioritizing tasks and creating simple lists.

*Integrations and little things
Todoist offers a broad range of features out of the box, such as projects, links as tasks, scheduling and calendar integration.

You always forget to pick up or buy something. Or want to prepare for the day by creating a simple todo - this app is for YOU.

Cons

1. More integrations needed. First of all calendars - at the moment the work there is mostly messy and is not optimized. It would be nice to have it in a compact and comfortable tab (calendar tab) and also add calendars on the go and display tasks or meeting in todoist. That would be a huge leap ahead.

2. Pricing of Todoist is not smart, to my humble opinion. First of all, they don't offer monthly payments, why not? Yes, I agree it's cheaper to pay for a year. But what if I am not sure. There are many todo apps and the pricing might be the only thing that would stop people from using todoist constantly, students for example. Would it not be nice to have more flexibility and options there.

Zoran L.

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

An easy to use, versatile, productivity and organization multi-platform app.

Todoist is great for scheduling and deadlines and is an excellent collaboration tool. It is available on many platforms both online and offline, easily syncs and has an offline functionality.

As a productivity tool, Todoist is great for teams allowing 50 people per project. It features the centralized team billing, management log-in tracking and priority support at an affordable price. It takes some thought and time to customize and use the product.

The free version is restrictive, but the paid version offers a 30-day trial that uses a credit card information and is easy to cancel. Also, it is relatively affordable with a monthly plan. I highly recommend Todoist for freelancers, small, medium, and even large businesses.

Pros

Real-time Data Synchronization among the different platforms.
30-day trial and easy to cancel.
The end of trial email reminder.
Many ways to measure and visualize progress.
Variety of platforms, apps, and plugins supported as follows: Web, Win, Mac, iPhone, iPad, Android, Android watch, Apple watch, extensions for Chrome, Safari, and Firefox.
Email plugins for the Outlook and Gmail.
It integrates with hundreds of applications such as Google Drive, Dropbox, IFTTT, and Pomodoro.
Great social media presence.
An excellent support blog and support help guide center.
Todoist Sync and REST API for creating custom tasks and custom integration sync.
Customizable shortcuts are available everywhere, regardless of the plan.
Shared project settings.
Quick add task feature.
Project, label, reminders priority and a quick comment.
Productivity meter.
It has many options available for editing tasks.
Available in 17 languages.
Available in 10 multi-color themes.
Daily and weekly goals.
Motivational features.
Backup downloads.
Automatic downloads.
Google Calendar 2-way sync integration.
An email notification controls.
Centralized team billing.
It adds projects, labels, and filters to the favorites.
It adds and removes users easily.
The Todoist for Web changelog contains details for the web, plugin, and desktop versions of Todoist.

Cons

Not a straightforward way to sign up with an existing account on an Android app.
The trial requires a credit card info although it is easy to cancel.
An Android app does not move to the SD card.
Free version for Android lacks reminders/alerts.
It limits the list to 200 active projects and tasks per project in the premium version. It should be unlimited.
2048 characters per task name and 255 characters per project name It should be more than that.
The interface takes some time to master and lacks consistency.
The calendar feature is missing.
Personal and business lists are not plainly separated.

Arshad Z.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 26/07/2018

The perfect life planner

Pros

- Amazing way to sort lists - you can have projects and labels (labels only available in the paid subscription). I am looking into the GTD model by David Allen and labels are used as "contexts" - meaning that I have things to do in certain environments or contexts. I have list for things I need to do in the office, or at home, or on the computer, or at the grocery store, or at my kid's school. Once you are in a particular context, you look to your label for things you need to do at that particular place
- Projects are a great way to organize yourself, having the ability to see updates for a particular project is really convenient
- A vast list of shortcuts to improve efficiency
-Drag and drop features make it convenient to sort your lists/projects
-Date reminder - as soon as you have an item to do and input a date/time, the app understands this and generates a reminder for the task at that particular date/time, which is really cool!
-Sharing projects - if someone else has the app, you can share a project in real time
- Can access the app across devices

Cons

-Dates - sometimes I don't want the date to be included as a reminder but the app always translates the date as such and would be nice if I could hit the backspace on the app and it would understand that it is not something I want as a reminder
-Checklists - would be good if Todoist integrated checklists like Google Keep where you can copy and paste lists from a text message and Todoist would interpret each line as a separate list item or give you the option to paste it as separate items or one list

Hafizah S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 02/06/2021

The very best of Todoist

Pros

I really like that member of my team can be assigned to a different task within our project and a specific assignment. The project timeline is accessible easily since it indicates task due-dates as well as a visualized timeline of the project's progress. More importantly, it is simple to become comfortable with all of Todoist's features and functions.

Cons

Todoist isn't great for sharing and storing documents and data. It has a restriction on the number of files and documents that can be uploaded. Thus I had to use another cloud storage service to transfer a big file to a colleague. Apart from that, everything is fine, and I enjoy using it.

Shahila A.

Reviewed on 08/05/2021

Manage to-do list like expert do

Todoist really benefited me in sense of helping me managing all my daily work task, along with my personal task. I really enjoy all my time having this software and use it daily.

Pros

Managing to-do list and simple task and project is feasible with this application as the structure to adding and deleting task on scheduler is very simple and easy to do. I can add tags to the task for a better organizer and easy for me to search for it back.

Cons

All the good and helpful features and tools only available on the premium plan and not much customization can be done with the free plan. The integration with google calendar is not too good as it keep failed to synchronized my reminder with google calendar.

Athar K.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 27/09/2020

Cross-Platform. Very Customizable. Tons of Integrations.

Overall, I recommend it over any other app for the reasons in my Pros section. It’s not perfect but it’s the best one out there.

Pros

I like that my tasks are available on every platform, I can customize it and assign project names, labels, due dates, etc. all from inline text. I also like that it has a nice bi-directional API for Zapier (unlike, say, OmniFocus.). That allows me to use it with Clio.

Cons

It is sometimes a bit too customizable which can lead to over management of unimportant aspects of tasks. I don’t like that there is no review option (like OmniFocus which does this very well). The alarms are not great. There is no default time for alarms and the reminders are not very persistent.

OmniFocus, Toodledo and Things

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Same reasons as in the Pros section.
Eduardo A.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 27/02/2021

Great tool to get organized, but it's not fully GTD compliant

Loved it when we first started using it, but we eventually switched to the competition when our organization started to grow.

Pros

Todoist has a clean interface that let's you focus on your tasks. It is super easy to get started and to import/export tasks.

Cons

If you're a GTD follower, it can get really tricky to set it up the way you want it. You have no clear way to input the desired outcome and the inbox as well as the weekly review is could be better. Also collaborating in teams is nearly imposible.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Todoist

Zendone stopped being supported

Reasons for Switching to Todoist

Clean interface and it was easy to set up.
Haszilah A.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 15/06/2021

Helpful in reminding my task

Pros

Todoist really work for me as i have never forgot and missing my daily task that i has schedule after deploying this software as my personal reminder and task manager. The task manager has so many option like sub-task, collaboration and time reminder that i need to organizing my task effectively.

Cons

The free version and the paid version has not too many difference on the feature that they offer, thus upgrading to the paid version is not too beneficial, and not many feature are can be unlocked even with the premium version. I hope they can adding more value to it so user will get more value with the premium plan.

Reviewed on 26/09/2020

Great task management tool

Overall I think it's a good product and pay for the premium version for the additional features. I like it more than Microsoft ToDo or Toodledo.

Pros

I like the availability of the tool being online, mobile app, and even a Chrome app. My tasks are always available for me to review. There is a lot of customization to configure it how you like to work and prioritize. The company is constanly improving the product most recently implementing kanban functionality.

Cons

I have to make sure the Chrome app, how I like to use ToDoist when on my laptop, is synced and and updated. I need to make sure it's synced or I'll see previously completed tasks.

Suzillah A.
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Todoist is love

Pros

Todoist is the most needed application to manage and organizing my daily activities and task. I use the to-do list feature a lot to making sure i am on track with my daily task and not missing any of it. The ability to access it from different device that are sync with it is one of the strongest point of this software.

Cons

There not much to talk about the cons of the software. One of thing that i think they should work on is the plugins and the integration with other service or software. It is a hit or a miss, as sometimes it work perfectly and sometimes the connection just can't be established.

Randy H.

Reviewed on 19/02/2020

Excellent software, next-level features

My company offers a variety of services for our business clients, this means that each service has its own process to follow. Todoist allow us to separate each project neatly and keep track of all processes to execute in order to successfully fulfill a project for our clients.

Pros

The best thing about Todoist is the ease of use when deciding to add, assign and manage tasks. The software does a great job at limiting the amount of time it takes to create a series of tasks and subtasks to allow for a complete breakdown of a task. Todoist is comprehensive and offers the ability to create projects to separate personal and business tasks. I think the coolest feature of all is the ability to sync Todoist with your calendar. This is perfect because every tasks that you add on Todoist with a due date, is automatically synchronized to your calendar, and this makes it very easy to keep track of daily assignments and responsibilities.

Cons

There isn’t anything that I dislike about Todoist. I’ve been using the software for years and it’s made me a master at properly managing my life and work.

Syazila R.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Todoist is the best personal organizer

Pros

I like a clean and minimal type of software dashboard especially for a software that i had to use on daily basis, and Todoist provide both. The listing is easy to look and easy to organized. I can drag & drop the task easily across my to-do list folder or category. The reminder option can be integrated with Google Calendar, which i find it very helpful to synchronized everything on one place.

Cons

Todoist can be quite expensive as they will charge quite high on a monthly recurring payment compared to the yearly payment scheme. The problem with the yearly payment scheme, as the software is not the most essential or top priority for my work, it will be quite a burden to pay a lump sum and subscribing it for a year.

Joshua S.

Reviewed on 02/03/2019

Excellent product for GTD (Getting Things Done)

I am learning that not everything needs a deadline, my to do list will always be full, and that I can accomplish more than I thought.

Pros

This product is streamlined and integrates well with other products. The ability to organize your tasks on multiple levels is also nice. What I mean by multiple levels: you can organize in a standard list, that any task list app will do. However, you can also organize by tag. Why this is nice is that if you have multiple personal tasks (for example) across varying lists for time periods, you can instantly pull up all of your personal tasks. There is a wide combination of course of how suit this to your own needs.
Finally, the reminders are extremely helpful and make it easy to prioritize your upcoming tasks. I hardly ever forget anything now, since I instantly put it on my appropriate list and give it a due date (if appropriate).

Cons

I really hate to say this but I don't have any flaws to point out. I evaluated over five to-do list apps, in depth. (IQTell, Wunderlist, Google Tasks, Microsoft To Do, Asana, Evernote to name a few) This is the one I have been using now for over a year. A to do list is essential to my work so I was quite scrutiness in my evaluation.

Jake C.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Excellent Organizational Tool

Overall Todoist is super easy to use, very functional, and I can't think of many people that wouldn't benefit from using this software. Go ahead and give it a try if you're on the fence, the trial is free. I'm certainly glad Todoist was recommended by me, and I've gotten tons of other coworkers onboard since I started using it myself, and everyone loves it.

Pros

If you know me, you know I LOVE organizing everything. Todoist is a very nice application that allows me to organize my projects, tasks, etc. at work to keep me sane. It's very simple but effective, as an organizational tool should be.

The price is plenty worth it for what you're given and the time it saves you by using it, plus the headaches it saves you from.

The free version might work for many, if the free version works for you then you're even more in luck. I pay but the price is minimal anyway, I do enjoy the extra features. Use the free version/free trial to see what's right for you.

Cons

It's nitpicky, but sometimes there is a little lag when marking off tasks as completed. This might annoy someone more anal than myself, ha.

I had to use outlook once for a certain client and encountered a couple errors, had to refresh. Luckily I don't often have to use outlook - but could be a consideration for someone other than me, so be wary if you use outlook exclusively (and I'm sorry if that's something you have to do!)

Elvis M.

Reviewed on 29/07/2018

My productivity increased drastically thanks to reminders, labels, and endless active...

Increased productivity and feel less overwhelmed completing tasks.

Pros

Todoist is free by default with optional premium features. This means you aren't forced to choose one option over the other from the get-go.

The ability to configure dozens of active projects suited for each day, all independent from one another.

Your tasks are synchronized across multiple devices so you can access them on the go.

Email and text notifications are crucial; Todoist handles this like a champ.

Configure recurring and advanced tasks whenever you wish, such as, "the third Monday starting in November."

Colored labeling and the ability to easily rearrange any task.

Sub-tasks and sub-projects mean that you can assign specific names to tasks that are similar in nature, and categorize them accordingly.

Highly competitive pricing.

Cons

Todoist can be overwhelming due to the vast amount of features. It's great for everyday usage; as a highly active person, however, you will likely need to read their documentation sooner or later.

Ameer N.

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Set daily and weekly targets, review patterns in productivity!

The overall experience is quite positive and satisfying .It change my life on daily basis. Earlier It hard for me to manage the task and time.In fact I didn't have the daily goals.I just do the work i remembered.

Pros

I get to know about it from a Youtube video .I was in desperate need ,just to make things done on time.If you completed all the due task then a screen popped up showing message "You're all done for today! #TodoistZero Enjoy your night". To be honest whenever I saw the message ,It gives me sense of relief and achievement. By any chance if you failed to complete the task ,it shows under inbox tag as overdue.You can even add the project as well as different collaborators to the projects. One more thing I like about it, is that there are different karma levels( from begineer to enlightened) .The more you complete your goal the higher karma level you reach.You can also reschedule your task for future.

Cons

It's bit expensive .You can only invites project collaborators who is in your contacts. Template requires an upgrade .If you using free version ,you cannot use basic feature like reminders.Sometime the amount of notification irritates you.

Nurain O.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 15/07/2021

Task manager and to-do list

Pros

Dashboard customization with Trello is very flexible, it help me to arrange and only show the most important tools and task on the main page. The to-do list tools is making sure that i finish all of my daily task or activity on time.

Cons

I had a problem synchronizing my item from the desktop application to my iPhone. I had to manually refresh the application on my iPhone for it to show the the latest data. It is quite a nuisance as i had to making sure that i have the latest data every time i am opening the apps.

• Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Best to-do app out there

Pros

Todoist is one of the few productivity apps that focuses on doing one thing really, really well. Lists are simple and everyone uses them, but Todoist is the only digital notes tool that fully unlocks their power. Basic users can create grocery lists and home improvement projects; advanced users can manage projects by creating tasks, assigning responsibility and deadlines, and measuring progress. Deceptively simple, but robust. Best priced premium features of any app out there.

Cons

I'm spoiled by apps giving away everything for free. I like Todoist's premium features and happily pay for them (especially considering they cost less than a coffee).

Vagner H.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 18/10/2021

Know what to do! Say goodbye to procrastination!

Pros

This app is very good in terms of user experience. It's easy to schedule. It's easy to reschedule. It has many options for categorization, and setting priorities. It also encourages you to do your tasks, using favorable psychological concepts.
It's the typical place where you put everything you have to do, so you don't forget, and manage it very well afterward, so you don't forget what needs to be done, and focus on what's most important.
If you like more visual appeal, or just like to see time slots like a whiteboard, you can easily integrate it with Google Calendar.
Not that he's bad at that, he also has his own way of visualizing the days, so combining these two tools, for even more possibilities, just makes everything so perfect.

Cons

I believe that a point of improvement would be the addition of the function to move tasks to relocate them on another day, but it is still worth trying this app and getting to know its functionalities, as I have already tested several apps of this type and felt that this one was the most complete, in addition to serving better for its intended purpose.

Reviewed on 31/05/2021

Simple to use and manage tasks across a team.

Increased collaboration with the team and a single place for all tasks to be stored and tracked!

Pros

A great tool for collaborating on projects and keeping track of running tasks and milestones. Todoist allowed my small team to manage projects interactively and made sure that everyone was on the same page as far as tasks and assignments. Availability across platforms was also an added benefit that enabled buy-in from the team on a task tracking platform.

Cons

I am a user of the free version, so the biggest drawback for me personally is the lack of some features other tools do have in a free version because they are behind the paywall.