About Microsoft To Do

Microsoft To Do (formerly known as Wunderlist) is a task management app that allows users to create daily to-do lists and share them with others. The app is compatible with iOS, Android, and Windows 10 devices and can also be...

4.7

Browse Microsoft To Do Reviews

2,170 of 2,170 reviews
Fetiye

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Keep track of your life!

Since I started using Microsoft to do, my personal life, my job, and academic progress have all become better organized!

Pros

You can log in everything you want to remember and follow. The software helps you customize every single reminder and task according to your needs. It has an excellent organizational format. It gives you reminders at any time you want. You can use it on all of your devices.

Cons

There is nothing I need or feel that is missing right now but I am sure there will be so many new additions soon!

Praveen

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

Best Free Task Manager

This has been my main task manager for a long time now. I mainly like the option to add custom lists and the accuracy of reminders.

Pros

The interface of the software is clean and light. The reminder scheduling is very accurate and hardly misses notifying the user about them. The widget provided is also practical and useful.

Cons

The "Add to my day" feature only provides an option to add tasks to today. If a feature can be provided wherein we can add to the upcoming day (tomorrow) the tasks then it will be great.

Mary
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 03/08/2022

Love the Idea - not greatly executed

Pros

In theory, this program is very straight forward. It sends "to do's" and "day in reviews" often and is easy to follow.

Cons

Many of the tasks are auto-generated or taken from emails and other correspondences through Microsoft. Sometimes they are not relevant or things that require follow up, so it can just add unnecessary additional clutter.

Top Microsoft To Do Alternatives

Gaurav
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 16/05/2022

The best To-do out there

Pros

Everything about the app is top notch - from the UI to functionalities. After acquiring Wunderlist; Microsoft launched their own To Do app back in 2017. I'm using their app since then for keeping my life organised. I track all my To-do lists from it. The 'My Day' list in the app is a lifesaver to keep yourself organised. From adding sub-tasks to reminders to adding notes and attachments to the task, this app does it all. The integration with Microsoft Outlook is another highlight feature where you could pin and flag your email and it will be converted into a task automatically inside the app. Overall, Microsoft To Do does it all and is better than most of the paid alternatives out there right now.

Cons

The missing feature of Calendar is a must. Its been in the roadmap for quite some time but it there's still no update about it still.

German

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Task manager applicaton user (To Do), great tool during the day

Before "To Do" I used to organize my tasks in "Google calendar" but it was more time consuming, I'm still using "Google calendar" to make some appointments but, now I am using "To Do" to take small notes during the day, I think it's more easy and friendly than other apps in the market.

Pros

The product is easy to use, I think it was designed for simplicity of use, you don't need much resourses of your machine to run this application. I think for the majority it could be a great tool for tasks management. An also you can add pictures and archives with your notes.

Cons

Maybe the way you search or browse between notes can be improved.

Tomek
  • Industry: Chemicals

Microsoft To Do is a very useful task management tool

Microsoft To Do software helps me plan my day and work. Thanks to the reminders, I remember about all sentences and I can complete them on time.

Pros

Microsoft To Do software is easy to use and has the necessary functions. Facilitates work and day planning.

Cons

I found no cons of Microsoft To Do software.

MindManager

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

is part of the MS Office 365 software, which allows you to easily integrate with other programs included in the MS Office 365 software
Wes

Reviewed on 05/08/2022

Well integrated but not feature heavy

Pros

It is cross platform and can be accessed on all devices, reminders and tools to keep you productive are at your finger tips regardless of where you are.

Cons

Not as feature rich as some of it's competitors, but it is free software so it's hard to complain. However it certainly could be better;.

Ezechiel Narcisse

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

An excellent task manager

I have been using this app to manage my daily tasks and so far it's been great! It's easy to use, syncs across all my devices, and even includes a daily planner and planner tools.

Pros

I love the daily planner and task manager features in Microsoft To-Do. The planner has helped me stay organized and on track to meet my goals because it's so easy to manage everything in one place. I love that I can make a to-do list or create a reminder or note using my voice.

Cons

You can only sync it with Microsoft 365, not another server

Fernando

Reviewed on 10/07/2022

Awesome and sample task management software

I use this software every day to implement getting things done method

Pros

Easy of use. Simple and friendly UI. Order task categories. Due date task. Comments and sub tasks

Cons

I would like more filters and notifications

Alys

Reviewed on 04/08/2022

Simplistic in concept and design but packed full of features

Microsoft To-do has made it so much easier for me to keep on top of my tasks, both work and personal. I rarely forget a deadline anymore and I love having the app on my phone to keep track of tasks as they come to mind even on the go!

Pros

Having tried lots of project and task management tools I found Microsoft To-do a breath of fresh air as it was so simple and intuitive to use. I love the reminders features (which has never failed) and how I can flag emails in my Outlook mailbox and it will automatically create a task to follow-up with this email in my To-do list!

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to automatically delete completed tasks after a certain time period rather than only be able to hide them

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 04/06/2022

The Smartest Daily Planner You'll Ever Use - Set yourself up for success with Microsoft To Do

The Microsoft to-do app is simple and easy to use. It has a clean, minimalistic design that allows you to get to the task at hand rather than be distracted by stargazing animations or an overabundance of interface elements. Bottom line: Microsoft To-Do is a solid task manager, but it faces stiff competition from Jorte and Todoist. Which one you use will likely depend on how deep your Microsoft Integration is, and what other features you're looking for in a task manager.

Pros

The app is designed to be a personal productivity companion so you can focus on what matters most. It helps you plan your day with the best features of any task manager, while keeping you up-to-date with what's happening now and what's coming soon. The app is simple and easy-to-use, with an elegant design that lets you focus on what matters. All your tasks are stored in one place so you can see them at a glance, set reminders so they're never missed, and add details like attachments and notes.

Cons

There are some missing features that would make this app even better — including the ability to sync across devices, integration with other services like Google Calendar and Dropbox, and more customisation options for when reminders are triggered - location-based reminders (e.g., "when I arrive at work" vs "when I arrive at home")

Gina
  • Industry: Executive Office

Reviewed on 19/03/2022

To Do or not to do- Microsoft to do

Overall Microsoft to do is one of the top of the line programs and software for companies not only like mine but I'm sure that other companies can use this as well for the cost of the software for a company it's worth every penny and its way of gold because of the way it brings not only every member of your team together but it also makes them a well-oiled machine in delivering the product to a customer in a given time and a given manner and it keeps everybody on board everybody working as a team I couldn't ask for a better program for my company and hopefully you can't for yours

Pros

The features that we as a company alike about Microsoft to do are one that we love the fact that we can schedule a task that we can have subtask situations as well as a timeline of when that task should be finished we also love that it's mobile and that there are file sharing and ways that other employees or other members of the team can see that task and how it's progressing as well as has the tab the test that they're working on scene as progressively being done

Cons

At this point I don't see anything about the Microsoft to do software that we're not happy with we are extremely happy with it we use it on a daily basis and we have no complaints

Syed Sohail
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

Microsoft To Do.. An ultimate organizer

I sarted using it after Microsoft lauched it as a replacement of wunderlist. It is better than majority of other similar apps due to its ease of use. I use it to remember and manage daily tasks both social and wrok related.

Pros

I just love the simplicity and list making speed of Microsoft to do. You can keep a track of all of your tasks and organize them into various categories according along with setting reminders or due dates to them. Its simple and intuitive interface makes is easy to use that other similar softwares. Being a web bases software it enables you to access it from any where in the availability of internet on any device and synchronizes an changes in real time. Apart from an schedular, you can also use Microsoft To Do as a field note book to organize and wrotes thoughts and ideas easily. It also allows you to make sub tasks and create notes for each part. You can easily share your lists with other through sharing a PDF or the incorporated email support which is very useful frature to share agendas and group check lists for meetings and jobs with the concerned persons.

Cons

Microsoft To Do is designed primarily as a to do app, thus it often lacks deeper features which would have been nice. It has limited team collaboration features, but is an excellent choice for simple projects and manage daily tasks.

Mario
  • Industry: Newspapers

Reviewed on 19/08/2021

Frees up the space in your head...

As I mentioned already, To Do allows me to create lists of tasks, a place to jot down ideas so I don't forget, etc. I suffer from ADHD and this program is really a life saver for me. I use it mostly on my phone but also integrate it with Outlook, my iPad and it alleviates that "I know I'm forgetting something" feeling

Pros

I've always been a list person. if I have to accomplish something, have an important meeting to prepare for and attend, etc. I can create a list of the steps needed to take in order to accomplish said task. To Do offers numerous ways of personalizing lists. You can create a Group of lists that are related in one way or another, add and delete lists from the group or create a list on it's own. You can coordinate it with your calendar and access and sync throughout all your devices and platforms.

it allows me the ability to create a list of things I need to do and sub lists needed to accomplish each step. once on the list, I can get it out of my head until I need to address it, freeing up the gray matter to focus on the task at hand. You also can set reminders for each task, schedule them in the future. It's also compatible with Get Things Done. You can also attach the files you need in order to accomplish things

Cons

The one thing that is extremely weak - and this goes for every Microsoft product - is their lack of customer support. First you need to exhaust all the AI options before you can actually address your issue with a real person who may not ever respond to you. And if or when they do, you wonder if they even read the complaint or problem you're experiencing. Truly frustrating experience

Jaime Valeriano

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

A Review about Microsoft To-Do in a Perspective of College University Student

My overall experience in Microsoft To-Do is that I am able to learn how to be an organized person. I am able to make my tasks in an effective and efficient way to the point that it is one of the bridge for me improving myself to be a responsible student. I must say that this is one of the tools that every student must have that will be really helpful for them to survive school especially in college.

Pros

What I like the most about this software is of course it is free and I am able to create different lists of to-do tasks which gives me the opportunity to classify my priorities to manage. Also, there are different pretty themes that I can choose which I usually make sure that will fit on my overall theme in my laptop itself. In addition, I am also able to put the icon in my taskbar for me not to forget to check my to-do lists in a daily basis. Lastly, my most favorite thing is that it can remind me of all of the tasks through alarm.

Cons

Honestly, I cannot think of any about the what I like the least about this software but when I am going to put my shoes to other person. What I think what they like the least in Microsoft To-do is that they must have a Microsoft account for them to open it especially if they are getting pissed off with a lot of different email account to take care of. In fact, I know someone which is my friend for having an issue like this because of course in our gadgets, we do not have only Microsoft apps but also other apps such as google that will oblige us to create another account. However in this case, it actually doesn't bother me at all. Good thing I have Microsoft To-do that I can actually use to put all of my accounts username and password for me not to forget it.

Alhassan

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

the perfect bridge to connect your professional and personal lives

Microsoft To-Do allows me to never lose track or forget about the little details of my day like visits to the mechanic, doctor's appointments and family occasions. Beyond task sharing which can be a little difficult sometimes, all the ToDo features function exceptionally well and have really allowed me to better coordinate my personal and professional lives.

Pros

Microsoft To-Do is designed to make usage as uncomplicated and effective as possible. The app is neatly organized into sections that make navigation, entry additions, editing or deletion as simple as possible. It has helped me to better merge my professional engagements with my personal obligations in a way that causes as few clashes as possible.

Cons

Not being able to move items from one list to another is a real headscratcher for me. And also, there should be a settings option one could check to automate moving uncompleted tasks to subsequent days.

Todoist

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

I already had sophisticated work management software at work, what I needed was a simple alternative to focus on my personal obligations and ToDo came out the better fit for that purpose.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It still came down to simplicity of use.
Mohammed

Reviewed on 01/07/2021

zero complication, 100% efficiency

Overall, Microsoft ToDo has been excellent for me. I now have a separate program I can rely on for organizing my personal affairs, removed from my professional engagements and duties. I also love that it can be accessed ad synced across multiple devices even if they're running on different operating systems. And all that for a program that feels and runs so light weigh is simply perfect. On top of all that, it's free.

Pros

With an extremely uncomplicated user interface, I never get lost navigating my way around the program. A typical example is how the sub-menus pop up as an appendage instead of being loaded as an entirely new page. Also, for the very light weight program it is, the system performs extremely well applying some form of AI tech in generating suggestions for new entries, that are almost always accurate. They sure did a very excellent job making the software very user friendly and efficient.

Cons

As a heavy google products user, I was initially disappointed when I realized it didn't come integrated with google calendar. And even though I was eventually able to achieve the connection with another software (Zapier), it would have been easier and better to have it directly.

Trello, WEDO, Toodledo and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Microsoft ToDo was extremely user friendly. As simple as sticky notes, but 100 times more powerful and effective. And I also needed a different software that didn't remind me of work whenever I opened it over the weekend.

Todoist and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

For managing and organizing my personal life, Microsoft ToDo was able to it with the least complication. The others are quite good as well, but more suited for my professional needs.
Anli

Reviewed on 25/03/2021

Microsoft To-Do Review

I can pull up my plan for the day regardless of where I am. This is assisting me with remaining coordinated.
I was cheerful that the mix with Outlook where a ton of To-Dos begin from would be consistent and assist me with being proficient.
Generally, my involvement in To-Do has been a decent encounter.

Pros

I enjoyed the combination with Microsoft Outlook undertakings and hailed email. Working in Outlook a ton of the day made it more effective to stamp messages as follow up things and see that in the To-Do application.
I like how simple this application is to utilize. It permits you to set undertakings and arrange them by due date and the errands that should be finished on a particular day.
It's exceptionally strong and has numerous highlights, however I appreciate the consistent experience of utilizing it on both my telephone and my PC.
I love Microsoft items and this is another victor. Exceptionally basic and causes me to feel like I can deal with my plans for the day easily. Furthermore, cool update highlights.
I utilize a PC at work and a Mac at home, however have discovered that To-Do is very simple to use across various working frameworks. It's absolutely a stage over the updates application on my telephone, and I value having the option to get to it (just as get notices and updates) across my numerous gadgets. I like having the option to rank undertakings by request of significance and the capacity to add extra parts like documents or update notes. In general, overly helpful and simple to utilize.

Cons

The To-Do app and work area (through Outlook app) isn't extremely easy to understand contrasted with other more current apps. I was confounded about "Undertakings" and "Tasks" and how those meant hailed messages and assignments. It likewise found a way an excessive number of ways to round out at new To-Do.
The absence of highlights is the greatest negative to this product. It comes up short on the usefulness to sort tasks.
Glitchy, here and there. Errands I complete tend to at times not synchronize to my telephone or PC, the other way around.

Erick

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Great but unfortunately available through Microsoft Store

Microsoft To Do is a formidable software in the tasks management category and works fine both in Windows or mobile. Unluckily I had to come back to pen and paper, since I couldn't get used to any other competitor, because of a Microsoft Store flaw, which is a shame.

Pros

With Microsoft To Do you can works through lists and task. These tasks can be divided in sub tasks and you can define conclusion date, repetition and even attach files. For me, the best is the My Day feature, a special list where you can pull tasks to this very day backlog, which helps you to focus in what you should deliver today. You can set some tasks as important, filter tasks by the conclusion date and add other people to lists as well.

Cons

For me, the greatest con is being available through Microsoft Store, which Microsoft doesn't put much effort to work. Since I signed to Xbox Game Pass and tried to install a included game, nothing more can be download in Microsoft Store, making impossible to install To Do and any other app available there.

Trello and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Because Microsoft To Do don't have limitation like the free version of Todoist and was enough to me.

Todoist

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

Simple and objective in the purpose of task management.
Randi

Reviewed on 26/06/2019

Wunderlist has changed the way we organize task!

We absolutely love and depend on Wunderlst on a daily basis for keeping our organization on track. It helps so much when our team works away from the office most days and you want to add things to various people's to-do list as I oversee a team of people. It helps us stay productive as they don't have to waste time transferring these​​ things from their email to their list which we have done in the past and it lets me see when they have completed a task.

Pros

I love the fact that you have so many levels to organize your list, especially for those who have different areas they oversee​ or want to organize their own lives w/ in the same software.

Cons

I sometimes have a hard time doing a backup​ but have found that just doing it through Export.wunderlist.com works much better.

Flock, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft To Do

Was looking for something that worked better to lists w/ multiple levels.

Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It was clean & uncomplicated - didn't take a lot of training & was intuitive - great for our staff as we have college students involved who are able to use it as well and jump right into using it.

Reviewed on 20/04/2018

Have things to do? Wunderlist will keep you on track and get your to do list done!

Keeps me organized so I have more time to work and spend less time looking for information. Productivity has probably gone up 25% (according to my time tracking software).

Pros

I am a one person freelance business that does web and graphic design. I use Wunderlist to organize my projects. It's basically a to-do list on steroids. I can add an item to a list. Under that one item, I can add notes, uploads/files, checklists, a deadline, reminders, and star it to bring it to the top of my list. I can also create as many main lists as I want and have as many items as I need under each. It keeps me organized because I can set up deadlines and see at a glance what's done and what is left.

I also use the Chrome extension "Wunderlist in Gmail" and what that does is split my Gmail screen so that the Wunderlist app appears inside of Gmail and I can see both my lists and my email at the same time. This is a game changer because I can receive an email from a client, add the item to Wunderlist with a deadline, and file away the email after responding to the client. This keeps me on track with projects and my inbox uncluttered.

If you make to-do lists, this app is for you. I used to write things down on sticky notes and then leave my notes at the office and need to reference them at home (such is the life of a freelancer, we're always working). This puts everything in one place that is accessible to me at any time.

You can use it for anything from freelance projects to grocery lists to planning vacations (I've done this). You can also add collaborators and assign items to users so it's particularly good for team projects as well.

Cons

There's no integration with anything else , like time tracking or invoicing software, that would make it a serious productivity app.

• Industry: Graphic Design

Reviewed on 09/05/2018

A robust & useful task list app

Pros

Having used this app for the past handful of years, I've learned how to utilize many of the features available such as sharing tasks with colleagues and team members, create groups and folders to categorize lists based on work, personal, shopping lists, moves, and a ton of other uses. I have been able to install and sync my lists across all 4 of my devices (2 computers, phone & tablet) so I am always up to date. Tasks can have due dates and reminder dates & times, as well as subtasks which is very helpful when you have a project that has several steps. As each step is completed, it can be marked off and once the full project or phase is done, the parent task can be marked complete. I use this for every type of task from personal items, shopping, bills, client/work projects, follow-ups (there's a notes section to keep track of notes in one place for that task), and even recently, all the tasks for my move including packing, mover information, utilities set up and even family events. Being able to create folders, these tasks are much easier to track and schedule. Things are always getting updated so there are new features which get launched over the course of time so it's much ore robust today than when I first started working with it.

Cons

As awesome as the folders and groups/subtasks are, there can be times things may become a little disorganized. Or it feels that way. I sometimes have to number my individual tasks so I can make sure they're in the order I want since the options available joe for sorting is alphabetically or by due date. So numbering the j divisible tasks creates an alphabetized way to sort. A little bit of a pain short of sorting manually. But these are minor in comparison to the features you do get.

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

A Great Way to Manage All of Your Tasks for You and Your Team(s)

I've been using several different solutions for managing my tasks/projects/deadlines/to-do's for years. I've left Wunderlist only to find myself crawling back due to its ease of use features. It uses keyphrases and contextual clues to predict your tasks due dates or reminders and related contacts which reduces the time you spend making the task and more time to complete it/checking it off. I use it for my personal life as well as Team Projects and Project Management to keep track of all of our tasks in the company. It works very well for small businesses (1-20 employees) with simple tasks that do not require workflow and triggering.

Pros

-You can add anything from anywhere using email, typing out your tasks, or generating them from webpages/inbox etc.
-Easy to use Reminder System that is effective at keeping you up to date with what needs to be done and not easy to ignore or let anything slip through the cracks with push notifications.
-Smart Tasks allowing you to setup reminders, notifications, group members, tags, etc by simply using the correct words in your tasks and minimizing the time it takes to setup your tasks in general giving you more time to complete them!
-Team Collaboration & List Share Options
-Device Compatibility and Multi-Platform Apps
-Gmail Integration

Cons

-Inability to create projects or automated tasks directly within the app itself, however this can be achieved by using integrations with Zapier etc or using other tools to talk to Wunderlist and create the tasks for you.
-Can become bulky when you have a large number of tasks at one time or are managing a lot of projects or lists.
-Sometimes the smart task creation/tagging can get in the way when you want to write something simple and it tries to do something else for you.

• Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 23/07/2020

Microsoft To-Do Used to Manage Work Assignments

I am using Microsoft To-Do to manage a department of interns that work for my company, all working from home at the moment, but initially working remotely from a combination of places, home, school, etc. This product makes it very easy to make assignments and to track what's going on with each. I can see at a glance what work is getting done, and who needs help. You can even make "sub-tasks" for larger tasks.

Pros

The ability to share and manage work lists with others across platforms. This is especially useful when working remotely or teleworking.

Cons

It isn't intuitive how to initially set up a share with others. You essentially have to blindly send out a "link" to others, like a blind drop. Once others get the link and join, everything seems more transparent and intuitive.

Todoist, Microsoft Project and Evernote Teams

Wunderlist was being phased out, so I was an early adopter of Microsoft To-Do

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft To Do

It was a more intuitive product, simpler interface, works across all platforms.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Wunderlist - Super Simple Straightforward Task Keeper

I actually use Wunderlist actively. If I update tasks on my laptop, there's seamless syncing to my smartphone. I'm on an Android and the app is well designed, very easy to read my tasks, add, update. On my Macbook, I switched from using Wunderlist in my browser (Firefox or Chrome) and am using the desktop app. The desktop app takes very little memory compared to keeping an open tab in either browser. The design of the web app and desktop app are equally pleasing.

This is a super clean straightforward app that's quick and easy to use. All I want to know is what I've got coming up next and be able to update it easily. I also like being able to create tasks out of emails, all you need to do is add the email addresses you're sending from and update your account to activate this feature.

Having my to do list handy when I'm mobile is really convenient. I also use tags, which makes it super easy to cut to the chase and pull up similar tasks for different projects.

Pros

Sometimes super simple is all you need. What I love about Wunderlist is that it really is a plain and simple tool to keep track of tasks. I've used Todoist, and that's a cool tool too. But ALL I want is something to keep me straight on tasks I have, and have it super easy for me to add and update them. Wunderlist delivers on it's simplicity from actually using it to the look and feel.

Cons

Sometimes I'd like to print out on paper my completed tasks depending on what I'm working on. You can't do this. You can print out your open tasks.

I can view a list of the next 7 days of tasks but I can't view what I have open after that. In ToDoist you can view tasks past 1 week in the Inbox. I'm using a tag that I can search and pull up tasks that are over a week old.