About When I Work

When I Work is a cloud-based employee scheduling solution that helps organizations track time and attendance, create and edit employee schedules, add new jobs to the calendar, review timesheets and fill shifts. When I Work lets...

Browse When I Work Reviews

884 of 1,782,144 reviews
Shannon V.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 02/09/2021

Acceptable product quality but poor service

I've been using it so long I don't remember the sales and implementation process. It's probably time to start shopping for a new solution, but I can't be bothered because my staff are used to it and it basically does what's it's supposed to.

Pros

It is fairly easy to build the schedule every week and staff get notified right away. The time off feature works really well. I like the "Open Shifts" feature for weeks when we are short staffed.

Cons

So many things, but mostly that I have used it for 7 years and it has hardly evolved. Or at least when they do add features, you almost always have to pay for them. I made some changes a few years ago that broke somethings and tried to get someone on the phone and was basically told that I dont' qualify for phone support. They didn't solve my issue (I'm just tolerating it). Kind of annoying considering that I hav epaid about $8400 USD for this software over the past 7 years. I feel I'm worth a 15 minute phone call to troubleshoot my issues and make it work better for me.

Response from When I Work

Hi Shannon,

Thank you for taking the time to review our application. We love and appreciate hearing feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our product to best support all of our customers.

I am sorry to hear there seems to be an issue that has not been resolved for you. We are very happy to help correct this. We do have a Live Chat option for live support that can be very useful real time.

Please feel free to reach out to us directly anytime you need us. We are always here and happy to assist in the most effecient way possible!

Again, we definitely appreciate the feedback and look forward to continuing to serve your Scheduling and Time Keeping needs.

Respectfully,
Ethan

Replied 09/09/2021
David R.
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Great solution

A lifesaver

Pros

The ability to plan and programme the employee scheduling for our events with the employees seeing their own schedules

Cons

The only issue that I would improve would be the ability to put a single event entry into the exported calendar as the current options result in an over-populated calendar

Planday

Reasons for Switching to When I Work

Our own review and the ability to hibernate as we are a seasonal busineds

Response from When I Work

Hello David, thanks for the review! Have a grand day!

Replied 23/07/2021
Amy M.
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 09/10/2020

I've Reviewed Them Before But They Stay Current And Deserve To Be Commended

When I Work has really been great. Gone are the days of me trying to create weekly and monthly calendars and juggle handwritten requests for sick and vacation time. Staff can request through When I Work and I can easily update our schedule. I've saved hours and hours a month being able to utilize the templates as well.

Pros

When I Work has saved me daily headaches. Public Libraries don't have the funding to implement expensive employee scheduling software. When I Work even offers a free version which we started out with awhile ago but as our staff grew we moved into the paid format. Our library and employee pool has grown and changed, When I Work grows and changes alongside it. They continuously offer new resources and seek to keep ahead of us and just "know" what issues we may have as our staff is in flux.

Cons

The only issue I've seen thus far is a slight problem with the remote ap. Let me first say that having the ability to have an ap at all is great. My staff often is out of the library for programs and if they have an event prior to actual library hours they can clock in from their own phone. The issue that I speak of was mostly in calculating the distance that clocking in was allowed. It took a few tries to make sure that staff can check in, with a decent range, but not be so far from the library that it could be abused by someone wanting to beat the clock when they're late to work.

Response from When I Work

Hi Amy! Thank you so much for the kind words! We're glad the app has been a good solution for you and your team. If you ever have any questions, please reach out to us here: https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/, and we'll be happy to help!

Replied 12/10/2020

Top When I Work Alternatives

Miguel G.

Reviewed on 24/06/2018

Scheduling Resources Has Never Been Easier

When I Work is truly a great tool for scheduling. Use it for forecasting as well to determine where you can make the best use of your resources across one or more projects. This tool also helps you understand what your organization is capable of handling. It will definitely save you from scheduling headaches and the potential issues around delivering work when you are better able to have full visibility across all your teams and the projects they are working on. A great stand alone tool, as well as a great integrated tool.

Pros

When I Work is a simple and truly effective time scheduler for resourcing projects in your organization. You can track across one or more projects, as needed, and identify time availability for the work that needs to get done. This is often one of the most challenging aspects of keeping projects on track and very few project management tools can help you like When I Work can.

Unlike the "capacity" view of other applications, When I Work gets down to the most granular details. It allows you to identify when and where a team member will be used, including time-off, breaks, lunches, meetings, etc. You can use these categories to identify how best to allocate their time.

The scheduler allows you to see teams based on shift or positions (roles). You can track un-paid breaks and time off, as well as customize schedules and create templates for reuse. You can even create specific shifts for one time or recurring use and maintain notes on each entry. It also provides high level visibility of total individual team member capacity as well as what is scheduled and what has already been used.

View your teams across one or more projects or job sites and distribute resources across them all as needed. It offers program-like management of projects and does not restrict you to individual projects, which can become cumbersome when re-allocating time of one team member across two or more projects.

When I Work is a great tool for planning, or simply use it in addition to your project management application. Its scheduling features make it a powerful tool that lets you forecast as well, by easily making changes in schedules as needed. You will spend less time manually calculating your resources and where to place them, saving you time and money. Changes to any schedules are easy to see and the responses are easy to manage.

When I Work also offers features like task management, which allows you to manage projects of less complexity in the same application. And if you are looking for integration, yes, you can use their library of APIs for that. But, you need to click on the developer link at the footer for more details. Their integration features are not prominently displayed on their website.

Cons

No cons I could personally find for the application and its use. Integration via APIs are present, but this is more for organizations who have techs who can implement them. I have seen organizations with limited development capabilities due to their areas of expertise, where integrations might pose a small challenge... but this should not necessarily pose as a true con for you.

Helen J.

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

User Friendly, Easy to Use and Understand.

Pros

DASHBOARD : Upon logging in, the dashboard shows the exact total amount of time and money put it by all employees. That way, I can see if there is something out of the ordinary as long as I know the average expense we put on the payroll.
AS AN ADMIN/PAYROLL/SUPERVISOR: I can customize who can view and edit the time of the members in the team. Typically, I give part of admin rights to the team leaders or supervisors. This way, it saves my time in editing login errors and focus more on the whole organization. If I want to do a roll call, I can do it at my desk in one glance.
It helps me organize the schedule of the whole organization for next week's work operation and post it when it is finalized. No more excuses such as "I didn't know".
At the end of payroll period, reporting is a breeze!
AS A USER WITH LIMITED ACCESS : As a user, I have limited view of the data. I can only view my own hours. Which it is what I'm supposed to only see. I can watch my hours and limit myself to working more than 40 hours per week. I can send my Personal Time off and wait for the admin's approval. As a contractor employed by the organization, I can post my time availability. I don't have to go back and forth talking and negotiating to the supervisor. I can do this remotely with an app.

Cons

So far, I have nothing least to say about this software.

Response from When I Work

Hi Helen,

Thank you for utilizing When I Work and for this awesome review!

We appreciate hearing from you and are glad to know When I Work is helping to save some time and make your teams' and your work lives a little easier.

Vicki

Replied 11/10/2019
Joey W.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Makes my life SO much easier!

Scheduling is a BREEZE!! You just have to try it yourself. There are way too many features that simplify my work load to list. All I know is that my business runs smooth as heck because of WhenIWork.

Pros

the software is great, but the customer service is OFF THE CHARTS! I wasn't a very tech savvy guy when I first started using WhenIWork, so I was constantly chatting with customer service and they were always extremely helpful, found answers if they didnt know the answers, and sent a handwritten personalized thank you card when I first joined. This is an example of a company that does things RIGHT! I love the scheduler, but also the hire feature, auto-assign, and the work chat allows me to email my entire team (as much as the employees change) without having to update a contact list email.

Cons

My business is strangely specific, so my needs are very specific. WhenIWork covers all the bases for me except being able to load saved shift templates from the mobile app. I can publish them from the mobile app, but I can't load them unless I'm on a computer. Which I am most of the time, so it's not that big of deal. I don't use a few of the features besides the scheduler, but having the options to use HIRE, TIME CLOCK, and other features are very helpful to other business mangers as well.

Response from When I Work

Hi Joey,

Thanks for such a fantastic review! Your reputation precedes you as a great customer to chat with, I have heard about the balloon pirate ship! We're so glad you're continuing to enjoy When I Work and that it has made running your business smooth!

Replied 09/05/2019
Amanda C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Revolutionized our Scheduling Process

We used to manually schedule all staff at our child care programs. When a regular staff called in sick or requested vacation we used to have to call, text and email each individual on call or float staff to see who was available and if they could work at the location we needed. When I Work allows us to be a lot more efficient in this process. It also allows for better communication with all staff through features such as work chat, and announcements.

The customer service provided from the initial demo to setting up our team was exceptional. Our rep was always available to answer our questions or educate us about new features that might be useful to us. Our rep worked with us to use the features that worked best for us. When I Work also provides ready to go resources that you can send out to teams that include everything from how to set up your account, see open shifts, swap/drop shifts etc.

Pros

The ability to post open shifts as revolutionized our ability to communicate with and mobilize our on call staff. By posting an open shift On Call and float staff see the shift right away and are able to pick up shifts that fit with their schedules. The ease of posting open shifts has drastically decreased the time spent trying to find staff to fill gaps in schedules. With over 150 employees and 44 locations we are able to post the addresses of each location that allow staff to pull up a map to the site.

Cons

At this time the product is serving us very well. When I Work continues to add new features and provides detailed descriptions and instructions to these features.

Response from When I Work

Hi Amanda,

Thank you so much for this detailed and thoughtful review! We love hearing about some of your favorite features and how your team utilizes OpenShifts and new features as they become available!

Replied 10/10/2020
Maria lenin L.

Reviewed on 29/04/2019

Manage staffing, scheduling, and attendance of your team for free

Pros

It’s a great application if you handle a large team and you need to keep track of your employees schedule, time clock , and shift staffing. It can handle up to 75 users. We used this application when i joined a part time job in sales. And it was easy to set up both in desktop and mobile. And when i logged in I can see all members of our department in the Team messaging feature. You can easily read and track all conversation within the team. Choosing your shift or schedule was easy. Just add the shift or schedule you chose for up to 2 weeks and the Manager can view your schedule for the day. Time clocking was easy, just press the IN button and break button if you are on break. Its an awesome application and whats good is that its free to sign up and use these features.

Cons

Well since its free, the features and function are just limited to what the employees clicked on the app but no screenshots of their desktop or other feature that other time applications have that can testify that the logged hours are indeed productive. Unlike Some paid applications that would have integrations to payment system after approval of hours, When I Work does not have other app integrations that would be complete the staffing and accounting system of your business. But so far everything went fine for this application, and moving through features or tabs does not hang and does not have much errors.

Response from When I Work

Hi Maria,

Thanks for taking the time to leave such a thoughtful and detailed review! I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the free version of When I Work so much! If you are ever interested in any of the paid features, feel free to check them out at wheniwork.com/pricing

Replied 09/05/2019
Kelsey H.
  • Industry: Events Services

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Makes scheduling a breeze!

I love it! Have I said that enough? Give this software a try if you're in charge of scheduling any number of employees. They can have it as an app on their phones, too, so it's super easy for everyone to use.

Pros

I love this software! I manage 50 student employees, and until I discovered When I Work, scheduling them was the biggest headache! This makes it so easy. I have each of them input their weekly availability, and then when I go through each week to create our schedule, I can quickly see if someone is available for a certain shift. They can request time off, request to drop shifts and offer it to another student, and confirm shifts. I can't say enough good things about When I Work. It's easy to figure out and has made a world of difference in keeping our ambassadors accountable for their shifts.

Cons

I don't have any complaints about this software. We've been able to manage just using the free version that allows me to schedule shifts 10 days out, and it's been great. In the future I would love for our office leadership to approve using the purchased monthly subscription, but I'm so grateful When I Work has the free version because we've been able to give it a try and have found that it's an amazing scheduling tool.

Response from When I Work

Hi Kelsey,

Marie here with the Customer Care team. Thanks for taking the time to write us a review!

We love hearing that When I Work has made scheduling so much easier for you! I am glad you are using the availability feature and swap/drop feature to help schedule as well.

If any questions come up please reach out to us at [email protected]

Cheers,
Marie

Replied 06/02/2019
Taylor J.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

review of when I work

it has helped make sending out the schedule easier, as well has helped keep track of previous schedules. it has also made our timesheets easier being all on a phone or a computer. all in all its pretty good, but I do wish it ran a little smother, and did not have so many glitches.

Pros

it helps put the schedule and timesheets all in one software, it will send out the schedule to all of the employees with one click, it can be used from a phone

Cons

It seems to have a fair amount of glitches, I have had it delete full schedules, autocorrect times to something completely different, and it jumble around shifts. I also think it is pretty pricey per employee on it.

Response from When I Work

Hi Taylor,

Katie here with Customer Care at When I Work. Thanks for taking the time to leave a review and provide feedback - we really appreciate it!

We are happy to see the app has been beneficial in keeping track of your schedules and timesheets all in one place - it definitely is a convenient feature!

Sorry that you have experienced some glitches with the app. We would be happy to assist with these to make sure they don't continue to occur. If you could send an email to [email protected] with the details of what you are experiencing, we would be happy to further assist.

Thanks again for taking the time to provide feedback. Have a great rest of your day!

Katie

Replied 23/12/2019
Corey A.

Reviewed on 08/10/2018

Simple and Dynamic Scheduling

Overall a great and functional software, yet could certainly be cheaper to be more competitive.

Pros

Easily the most attractive thing about this software is the approachability and ease at which one can create a dynamic employee schedule as well as an open line of communication between employees. Everything about When I Work is very intuitive and malleable, and thus is a good solution for those operating a business.

Cons

The least attractive thing about this software is the cost of it compared to other similar products, and the lack of flexibility inherent in the availability of employee function.

Response from When I Work

Hey Corey!

Julia here, with When I Work Customer Care. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful review! We greatly appreciate both your valuable feedback and the time it takes to let us know your thoughts.

In your comments, you mention the cost of the application. We do strive to provide the very best value through continued product enhancements and outstanding service.

While we do offer premium features at a cost based on the size of your account, we do offer a free version of When I Work with limited features that allows you to schedule up to 75 employees. More information on our free plan can be found here:

Please let us know if you have any questions by sending us a note to [email protected] Thank you again for the review.

Take care,
Julia
-When I Work Team

Replied 16/10/2018
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

When do I work?

Overall I enjoy the easy and simplicity of picking my shifts with this app. Its easy to navigate and for the most part has very few bugs.

Pros

When I work is great for keeping track of your shifts and signing up for new ones. It makes it easy for employeers to let employees know when new shifts are available and employees can easily pick and choose when to work and keep track of their schedule. If you don't like to keep track of your schedule yourself you can set up reminders and notifications to alert you when a shift is coming up or when your employeer adds a new shift to the schedule.

Cons

Depending on the size of the company you work for, picking up shifts can some times be hard. Most shifts are limited by how many people can pick them up so its often first come first serve. If you miss a notification it might be too late for you to grab a shift which may mean you wont be able to work that week.

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review for us! We're glad that you've enjoyed using When I Work for keeping track of your schedule, including the shift reminders feature. I can definitely understand any frustration about missing the chance to pick up OpenShifts, and we really appreciate your feedback about this. Thank you again for taking the time to share this with us!

Briana

Replied 06/12/2019
Tiffany P.

Reviewed on 30/11/2017

Where functionality meets community

Increased communication with employees, beneficial blog posts to pass along to our management team, and a system where we have experienced no down time

Pros

When I Work seems to be the culmination of every scheduling manager's "But I wish I could......" statements. It is intuitive, flexible, and easy both during set up and for the end users. It also helps that the customer support and company culture are inviting and informative.

Cons

What I like the least is the fact that my company is currently stuck using a different Time Clock system so we don't use that specific functionality that When I Work offers.

Response from When I Work

Hi Tiffany!

Thank you so much for your kind words. At When I Work we do strive to make the software intuitive and the set up as easy as possible!

I will pass your compliments to the team! We aim to be as informative and friendly as possible. I also love our blog posts :)

I am sorry to hear you feel stuck with your current Time Clock System. If you ever do want to look into other options please give our Attendance & Time Clock software a try. We offer a 30 day FREE trial. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have more questions about those features.

Thanks again for your time.
Have a wonderful day!
- Cara
When I Work Team

Replied 01/12/2017

Reviewed on 06/04/2019

Super Easy Scheduling Software!!

Overall, When I Work is a great tool that allows multiple people all with different availabilities to be easily scheduled. Love that there is an app for both iPhone and Android users so none of our staff have any issues with trying to use it. Super easy to navigate and haven't had any issues in the years we've been using When I Work.

Pros

This is one of the most user friendly and simple to navigate scheduling software. A lot of our maintenance technicians aren't the most tech-savvy people and they all were able to quickly figure out how to use When I Work, both the app and the web version.

I also like that I am able to set reminder notifications before my shift. That feature is really helpful for my coworkers, since not everyone works the same schedule every week.

Cons

As a user, I honestly don't have any complaints. One of our managers is the one who makes the schedules, but I haven't heard him say anything negative about the product.

Response from When I Work

Hi there!

Thanks for such a glowing and thorough review! It's great to know that you are having such a good experience with When I Work for years now!

Replied 09/04/2019
Terry B.
  • Industry: Libraries

Reviewed on 23/09/2018

Easy to use with multiple functions

Very easy to use with lots of handy features.

Pros

I can view my schedule as well as the full staff schedule. It's easy to request time off, even months in advance. When signing in and out you can add a note and I can access it anywhere! Also easy to go back and tally your hours.

Cons

I just wish you could program it to accrue your time off and sick time automatically.

Response from When I Work

Hey there, Terry!

My name is Julia, with When I Work Customer Care. We wanted to thank you for taking the time out of your day to submit a review! We greatly appreciate it and your feedback is extremely valuable.

In your comments, you mention wanting to be able to view your accrued Time Off and Sick time. I wanted to circle back with you on this to let you know that you can view your taken time off information from a computer! To get here, log in to your profile and click on the Requests icon in the upper right corner (to the left of the gear wheel). Then click on one of your previous requests to view your year-to-date paid requests that have been approved!

I hope that helps! Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Julia
-When I Work Team

Replied 15/10/2018
Thomas C.

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

I work smarter with When I Work

Scheduling, time management, attrition.

Pros

I'm a small business owner. I started a company that puts food service in office buildings. I have some family and friends that volunteer their time to help me get up and running and 4-5 part time employees that work occasional hours. I originally emailed out a schedule but I was bombarded with emails back asking when people worked. Unfortunately, I'm not able to respond to emails during the workday very frequently and as the result I'd be stuck.

Enter my most reliable helper...When I Work. I tried a bunch of scheduling and collaboration programs and When I Work outshined them all. The biggest benefit is time. I save about 5-7 hours per week NOT dealing with scheduling issues. The less time I spend on HR stuff, the more time I have to perfect my product and provide customer service the right way.

Employees get automatic updates on when they work so no more forgetting. I don't have to send reminders or additional emails that aren't going to be looked at. Employees can check their app anytime to review their schedule and make changes. They can even swap shifts on the spot if something comes up. I can review changes in real time, adjust the schedule and reminders and changes are sent out immediately.

I highly recommend you give When I Work a shot. You'll be glad you did.

Cons

Nothing. When I Work is my most vital asset in my small business.

Response from When I Work

Hello Thomas -

Thank you SO much for such an outstanding review and 5 stars!

I'm so happy to hear that you're saving time by using When I Work and that our features have been so helpful for you and your team!

Take care,

Replied 07/03/2019
April B.
  • Industry: Veterinary

Reviewed on 15/02/2019

A service that has grown with our team

This has made managing our small business employees very easy! Our staff loves clocking in and out on their phones and the work chat features help us stay communicating.

Pros

This software keeps changing and updating. They offer so many useful features from time cards, schedule management, and even hiring help. The support is SUPER FAST when you need to ask a question just open up a quick chat and someone is right there to help. We LOVE this software!

Cons

Sometimes when new updates happen we find that we really liked the previous version because it was a better fit for our needs - I wish there was a way to opt in or opt out of certain feature changes.

Response from When I Work

Hi April -

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your feedback and provide us with 5 stars! We're so happy to hear that you've enjoyed our features and our support has been helpful!

Our goal with the changes is to help make your job easier. If you have some specific questions about some of the changes we've made or new features we've launched, please reach out to us at [email protected] so we can work with you.

Replied 06/03/2019
Noah L.

Reviewed on 27/10/2017

Support staff is phenomenal! Very professional program.

When we first opened our business 2 years ago we were doing the schedule on a spreadsheet. It took hours. Now I can schedule 40 people in 5 locations in about an hour! Additionally it allows us to be more professional and accurate. I also love the new app update that when I open my app it brings me right to todays schedule as opposed to before when it brought me automatically to the start of my week.

Pros

The new update that allows me to open up my app and see todays shifts right away. Makes looking at my daily schedule so easy.
I also like the ability to create holiday schedules and save them as templates.

Cons

Maybe Im just not sure how to do it but I would like to be able to click on a shift and change the persons name who the shift is assigned to. Currently it only allows me to change the location, hours, job title (I think).

Response from When I Work

Hi Noah!

Thank you for leaving such a great review! I am happy to hear that you are enjoying the updates that we have recently made to our app. That's so awesome that using When I Work has drastically cut down the time it takes you to build your schedule.

Currently you would have to drag a shift to an employee's cell if you wanted to change who was working that shift. There is not a way within the shift details to do that.

I hope you have a fantastic day!

Replied 30/10/2017
Adolf R.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

When I Work the assistant that every company requires.

WIW has been a great help to me in the work I do as a supervisor in the company, especially when we carry out a group project, since this platform allows me to track and identify the availability of time for work that is and also I can establish when it is necessary to incorporate a member into the team and when not, even register their free time.
The system is great when we want to hire staff outside the payroll, especially the freelancers system.

Pros

When I Work is a very simple system to use and configure and it is also useful as it ends with the old work format that was too complicated in the administration of personnel carried out by companies.This administrator offers the function of being able to order in a way Personalized to employees by name, you can also configure the programming system directly to the telephone of the employees, simplifying the process of communication between the parties.

Cons

I consider that WIW is an excellent system which is very functional, it may have small failures but it worked wonders for me.

Response from When I Work

Hi Adolf -

Thank you so much for sharing this wonderful 5 star review with us!

I'm so happy to hear that you've found our software easy to use and manage your team. It's so wonderful to hear that our features like availability have been helpful as well!

Again, thanks for sharing such a wonderful review!

Replied 14/09/2019
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 15/05/2020

The Best Scheduling Tool On The Market

In my restaurant this helps us servers to communicate about who is going to be working at what times. For example if I was sick and wasn't able to work a morning shift, I would put it in the group chat and know that someone could take my shift!

Pros

I enjoy being able to see a detailed, easy to read schedule through an app on my phone. It is insanely easy to use the app. It also gives you access to different group chats within the company, and to have the ability to swap shifts and communicate with co-workers which I love.

Cons

To me, this software was life-changing. The one thing I like least is that the business that I work for while I'm on campus doesn't use it, making it harder to read their schedule.

Response from When I Work

Hello -

Thank you for taking the time to provide a review for us!

So happy to hear that you're enjoying the simplicity of the app and ease of viewing your schedule, along with our WorkChat feature! We do work with multiple workplaces, so if your campus team has questions, we'd love to hear from them!

Again, thanks for that great review!

Replied 18/05/2020
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 12/11/2017

Easy to use and makes my work life easier!

Time it takes to schedule has cut down from several hours a week to barely an hour a week. Less last second call outs because of work chat. And my staff loves having their schedules on their phones!

Pros

Very intuitive. If you can use a computer, you can use this software. I love the fact that my staff can use the work chat to get their shifts covered. No call no shows and last minute call outs have cut down dramatically since we implemented this.

Cons

I honestly don't have anything bad to report. I wish I could organize how my staff shows up in the scheduler so I could group like positions together in how they see the schedule, but that's minor.

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thank you for leaving a review! It is great to hear When I Work has made your work life easier.

Reducing no shows is something we have put an emphasis on, so I am glad When I Work has been able to help your team with that.

You can organize how your staff members appear in the schedule! If you go to the employee list, there is a three dot icon to the left of each name. You can click this icon, then drag and drop to re-order.

Thanks again!

Matt

Replied 15/11/2017

Reviewed on 15/05/2019

When I Work Review

Overall, it serves its purpose of notifying about unavailability and scheduling shifts.

Pros

I like that it is very transparent -- both me and the rest of my team can see when employees have marked unavailability and when we are scheduled to work. The chat function makes it easy to communicate as well. I can choose what types of notifications I receive, and there is a mobile application for my phone.

Cons

I wish there was a function to clock-in and clock-out. That is definitely something that is missing! Also, there are often flaws when I try to drop one of my shifts, my manager cannot pick it up for me without having an administrator override the program since we have different job titles. This creates extra work for administrators.

Response from When I Work

Hi there,

Thanks for the great review, I'm glad to hear that you are finding it a useful way to share shift information and communicate with your team!

If you would like to add our clock-in feature, check out our Attendance feature! Click the Time Clock button at the top of your webpage to get started!

If there are any other questions, feel free to send us a message at https://help.wheniwork.com/submit-a-ticket/ and we would be happy to assist!

Replied 17/05/2019
Samantha R.

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Great program with lots of potential

This app made scheduling very easy and efficient. No more wasting time trying to pull up everyone's schedules and comparing them, trying to find something that works. Everything was there with this app. It took the guess work out of this aspect of my job!

Pros

WIW has a great design and a lot of functionality. Some of my employees found it a little challenging to work with at first. but coming from a management perspective it was very useful. I liked being able to see in real time what my employees were requesting, and I REALLY like the chat feature where I can message everyone at once regarding a broad issue.

Cons

It was a little less user friendly at first than I expected, but nothing too bad and we got the hang of it fairly quickly.

Response from When I Work

Hi Samantha,

We are happy to hear that When I Work is working well for you and your team and that you love WorkChat! It sounds like you and your team have really gotten the hang of the app.

We are here if you ever need any help or have any questions on using the app. Feel free to reach out to us at [email protected] We also have a help center with articles and screenshots that can help with training your team: help.wheniwork.com.

Thank you for your review!

All the best,

Megan

Replied 08/09/2018
Steve K.

Reviewed on 19/08/2014

When I Work Scheduling Software -- Very Slick and Efficient

Several months ago I set out to find a scheduling software that wouldn't bust my small business' budget and yet was intuitive and user friendly enough for an owner/operator like myself to use without pulling my hair out. I searched and searched all over the Web. Some programs had some of the features I liked but were cumbersome to use in other areas. For my home healthcare business, I needed something that would allow me to quickly and easily keep track of the schedules of our independent contractors who we connect with our clients. When I Work was the solution I was looking for. It's easy drag and drop graphic interface was simple and made sense to me, a novice, who had never used this type of software before. When I began to have problems with it (being a newbie, and also discovering a couple of bugs) the tech support team was extremely responsive and got right on my issues immediately. They always resolved them to my satisfaction and gave me straight forward, honest answers. If the program couldn't do something, they told me. They didn't try to sugar coat it with sales talk and hype. It is an honest to goodness, down to earth scheduling program that you will like using for any type of business that works with scheduling of staff. I am not the type who writes a lot of reviews on things, but when I find something I like to work with and that saves me time and money, I like to share that with my friends and associates. This is just such a product. I think once you try it you'll take the bait and buy it :-)

Pros

EASY to set up schedules and templates to help avoid redundancy
Color coding capability is nice, helps separate one client from another
Easy to use on my smart phone with available Android App
Drag and Drop capability is slick

Cons

Refers to workers as "employees" and my people are "independent contractors" (can't change this)
When I copy one week's schedule to the next, the program often copies other schedules I didn't ask it to copy, so I use Templates to do future schedules

Jim W.

Reviewed on 04/06/2019

My managerial life is so much easier thanks to WhenIWork

As a business that relies on high school labor, and some workers with legal issues, schedules are always in flux - practice this night, court date that day, etc. WhenIWork allows me to put the responsibility on my employees to fill in their needs as things come up - WITHOUT cluttering my already packed desk with notes and stickies that can easily be lost.
I've been using WhenIWork for 7 years now - it's made my scheduling responsibilities so easy. And the format - my employees are so into technology, making it a great fit!!

Pros

The ability to put the responsibility on the employee for requesting time off, adjusting availability, and swapping/dropping shifts.

Cons

Periodic glitches - that are quickly resolved by WhenIWork assistance

Response from When I Work

Hi Jim, Thank you for your kind words and taking the time to write us a review. Thank you for choosing to use When I Work for the past 7 years. We appreciate you!

Replied 07/06/2019