About Accelo

Accelo is used and loved by professional service businesses around the world to manage their client work, profitably. The end-to-end cloud-based platform manages all aspects of client work delivery, from prospect to payment,...

Browse Accelo Reviews

Sherae D.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 19/03/2021

Good for managing and running projects

Overall a very organized software. Keeps everything in one place.

Pros

I love how easy it is to understand. Completely customizable and very organized on a whole. Tracking transactions with previous customers is super easy.

Cons

The ease for booking leaves is actually not so easy. It seems to be very complicated. Also I have having to do so many tasks manually.

Response from Accelo

Thanks Sherae for the great feedback!

Replied 07/04/2021
Anna G.

Reviewed on 18/04/2020

The most cost-effective tool for managing large scale projects.

Accelo is a service that has allowed me to achieve very important objectives for our organization, its integration to CRM system is excellent for us to manage different projects, its agility and productivity is what has allowed us to obtain very favorable results in the last years. It offers a very customizable system to use effectively in the problems that users require to solve, I have several years using this software and it has given me an extraordinary experience, it is available at a very accessible price for everyone, it really is an excellent software and I recommend it very much.

Pros

I love working with Accelo because it is a very accessible service for my company, its high performance allows us to manage projects with high performance and my team loves it because of how convenient it is, the tool is available to access from Windows and Android. One factor that makes this software ideal for anyone even without technical knowledge is that it has excellent training available for inexperienced people, its high customization and its wide interface make an excellent experience that motivates people to want to work with this software every day at all times.

Cons

The software has constant updates which is an advantage and disadvantage at the same time to work, the main advantage is that it keeps all your system updated to the most innovative technology and the disadvantage is that for people to adapt to the software makes this very challenging because of the constant changes that are seen.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 26/04/2019

THE Project Management Tool to Use

Pros

It is easy to create new projects in minutes with saved project templates. The gant chart view makes it easy to adjust timelines and due dates. You can alert teammates when their task is ready to start, and the task dashboard makes it easy for you to view your tasks for the day/week.

Cons

The schedule view is not useful as is. Currently the schedule view will show how many hours of work you have for a given day. 1) You need to have a time set for the task in order to see this properly listed in the schedule view, 2) If you have a task that takes 3 hours, but you have it spread over 3 days it allocates 1 hour per day on the schedule view. If it's day 3, and that task had not been identified as started and no time logged it should show 3 hours of work on that day - but instead it still shows the 1 hour. If that logic were set properly it would make this schedule view much more useful.

There is also a major issue with setting project schedules, you need to be sure to lock-in the dates otherwise your project dates keep adjusting until you start. It can really screw things up if you don't have that set right away.

Top Accelo Alternatives

Dave J.

Reviewed on 02/11/2016

Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity

We are solving many problems with Accelo, from project scheduling and timesheeting through to sales forecasting and email tracking.

We use Accelo for the following:
Contract Management
Project Management
Professional Service Automation
CRM

Pros

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services.

Cons

Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

Will G.

Reviewed on 01/11/2016

Great solution for bringing all of our prospect and project management together

We are a small company without a dedicated business development of sales team. Accelo really helps with keeping on top of new leads and following them through to project setup and delivery. As the Principal in this it has allowed me to be much more in touch of when leads are being neglected or projects are stagnating.
In addition, the time keeping functions allow us to bull approximately 10% more hours, just by keeping better logs

Pros

Having all of our leads and project management in one place allows us to follow through relationships with prospective and current clients, right from the initial contact to project delivery and follow up.

Cons

The learning curve is quite high and on boarding new employees takes some time. This just needs the procedures set up but it does take resources in a small company.

Loris D.

Reviewed on 04/11/2016

One stop Solution

Accelo is one of the most systematic and organized application. I opted for the free trial and was very much pleased with what it offered. It a system or strategy that helped me managing client interactions, dealing with future and current customers, optimizing and systematizing relationships between them. It is a cloud-based CRM platform, which allows me to stay connected with the client information whenever and from wherever. All the requirements to satisfy a client could be done online through the AffinityLive application. It also integrates nicely with other applications such as Google related applications (Google Mail, Contacts, and Calendar). The user interface is easy to use and navigate. Glad I came across it. I am so relieved all the work is done easily with this.

Pros

It can seamlessly be integrated with all leading platforms.
It helps accumulate everything at one place be it CRM, Email, Project Management, Support Ticketing etc.
They have one of the best support services.

Cons

The only con that i find in it is that it is abit tough to learn at one shot. So new ones take some time in getting handy with it.

Brad S.

I live in this 8 hours a day... here's what I have to say

I like the ability I have to manage my own tickets and while also being able to track my teams progress as well. The automation features really help cut down on time spent on writing responses and helps to deliver good service to our end users.
The ability to search past tickets seemingly from the beginning of our service with is insanely helpful when trying to remember back what I did to resolve a specific issue.
The stream is also a great tool to see what the team is up to. I dislike that it's web only. I feel that having a local app that looks to the online data would open up a world of possibilites.
I struggle with the fact that when I open a note or start sending an email I cannot reference ANYTHING on the ticket or site. The note or email consumes the screen. Being able to minimize that window or better yet have all the information on one screen so you can reference past notes on the ticket or review past responses and details in previous emails. Currently it's painful to do and it is hands down my least favorite aspect of the service.

Reviewed on 11/03/2016

DO NOT SIGNUP

This is a classic situation where a software company promises the moon on their website, yet then does not deliver. We have lost data on their platform, had hundreds of bugs, and there is limited or no support for users. It is little surprise that they have such a high 'churn'.

Pros

The idea of a fully integrated professional service system is attractive. Yet there is no delivery on the promises.

Cons

- Does not do what it says on the box
- The offering is convoluted and they offer no training
- Staff are rude when you ask for support
- Consistent bugs erode what little value that remains

Response from Accelo

Hey there, really sorry to hear about your less than stellar experience with us. It’s definitely not something we take lightly. That said, the issues you’re describing aren’t any we’ve run into with prior or current clients.

We never experience data losses, and all of our data is backed up on a daily basis. Users can of course delete their own data (and sometimes do so inadvertently), and recovering from backups does incur a cost for engineering time that some folks don't want to spend.

Bugs are a fact of life for any software product, and we're no different. Our clients tell us that we're the most responsive and transparent company they have ever dealt with; we often turn around bug fixes within a day (since we ship code multiple times a day), and we're very transparent with our fixes and improvements (www.accelo.com/resources/updates). Unfortunately, we're not perfect and we do have bugs, but we endeavor to be as responsive as possible to address them.

Additionally, we provide extensive, free email-based support with an average response time of under 4 hours during Q1 of 2016. We also provide extensive implementation and training services, but since these are tailored to your requirements and delivered one-on-one, they have a cost; choosing not to buy these services is of course the user's choice, but that choosing not to read the manual or get driving lessons doesn't mean it is the car's fault when you crash it ;).

Lastly, part of the appeal of Accelo is how robust its modules are. No other PSA software on the market offers as fully-integrated of a suite as Accelo. That said, we don’t claim that Accelo is a perfect fit for every business, which is why we offer a free 2 week trial to test it yourself.

Again, I apologize if this was not the experience you had, and guarantee that if you were to give Accelo another chance we would work tirelessly to deliver you a much better user experience.

Replied 25/01/2017
Daniel G.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

COMPLICATED COMPARE TO ANOTHER SOLUTIONS OUT THERE

I GIVE THIS QUALIFICATION TO ACCELO CAUSE COMPARE TO OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET IS VERY DIFFICULT TO DEPLOY WHEN YOU DONT PAY WITH THE DIRECT VENDOR THE SERVICES. I BELIVE THAT THERES OTHERS TOOL´S MORE INTUITIVE OUT THER

Pros

ALL YOUR INFORMATION IN ONE PLACE SECURE AND MOST OF THE TIME AVAILABLE, ALSO YOU CAN GET ACCESS FROM ALL YOUR FAVORITE DEVICE´S.

Cons

IS VERY DIFFICULT TO CONFIGURED IT IF YOU DON´T PAY THE ACCELO IMPLEMENTATION, IS NOT SO INTUITIVE AS OTHER SOLUTIONS IN THE MARKET, PEOPLE GETS VERY FRUSTRATED WITH THIS TOOL.

Response from Accelo

Thanks for your feedback, Daniel. It certainly is a balance to strike when deciding whether to build a product which has more power and complexity vs keeping it simple but resulting in people having to use many products to do their job or run their business.

While most technology companies choose the later path - do less, be easier, and make it the responsibility of the user/business owner to try and make sense of multiple systems - we've chosen to go the other direction, with a focus on giving businesses a powerful product to run their business. Since no two businesses are the same, this usually also means more configuration/setup (since it is designed to really run all the client work in your business).

As much as we'd love to have a product which was truly self-serve and didn't require implementation, configuration & training for our clients to be really successful, the reality is that services (from Accelo or one of our partners) are necessary for most businesses to be successful

Replied 29/08/2019
Nate F.

Reviewed on 14/12/2018

Solid Service Desk tool for the money.

Pros

I like the affordability. We are a new MSP and this was a great entry level service desk tool for our company.

Cons

There are some moments that feel unfinished. The email system for alerts and tickets is clunky and has been my least favorite piece of this offering. I was able to make it work, but I don't love the workflow and there are a lot of extra steps that seem unneeded in general. I understand that the idea is to leave it open and able to be customized, but I for one would have much preferred a solid base build that required much less configuration. It leaves the end user feeling like I did the job of an architect instead of a more complete out of box experience. I think people want a more plug and play experience from a service desk tool. It took weeks of configurations to get it to the point of being usable in a real world way. Sandboxing wasn't an option as we needed a production ready tool now, not 3 weeks from now.

Melissa L.

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Awesome platform

Support team and onboarding experience is fantastic.

Pros

Centralizes client retainers and billing into simple views that are easy to manage. Ability to view retainers/projects/sales verticals at a high-level while easily able to drill into specific client views is awesome.

Cons

The ticketing system is not the greatest. It is VERY easy for tickets to get lost in the shuffle for users who manage a mix of ticket and task items.

Kim D.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Problem solver

So far, so good. Since signing up, Accelo has made some drastic updates that make the product better. The lags we used to get in uploads seem to have disappeared. I love a company that doesn't simply rest on its laurels, but are continuously improving.

Pros

I love the customability of this software. It works for our clients, and for us.

Cons

The focus seems to be on tech support, but we are supply chain support. I would love to see some of the functionality be able to be adjusted to follow the supply chain a bit better. However, the fact that it is project based makes the overall function workable.

Alexa E.

Reviewed on 21/08/2017

Extremely Buggy, Content Updates and Content Beta

None- we are switching.

Pros

The customer service is responsive. That is the only good thing about Accelo.

Cons

They're constantly making updates but don't tell the users about all of them. Then when new features are rolled out, they're buggy and not tested frequently. The pricing is very expensive compared to other project management solutions that work better and don't have frequent issues.

Response from Accelo

Hi Alexa,

We're sorry to hear that you're having issues with Accelo.

We send a bi-weekly newsletter each week which goes over each update added to our solution. I recommend looking out for these so that you can easily stay up to date on Accelo's changes.

We have found that our clients grow and increase their profits when using Accelo. The ability to track retainers, eliminate the disconnect between disjointed workflows, and the collaborative focus of our solution is a real game-changer for most.

I'll make sure to reach out to you via email and connect you with your account manager so that we can help you work through any issues you are experiencing.

Best,

Replied 20/10/2017
Steve F.

Reviewed on 19/05/2015

A superb product

This is a superb product. it really makes a lot of sense if you need something in the PSA space. You really get the idea that these guys know what you would want to be able to do and then provide it. Time and again I have asked for something that is already actually there and in place.

Coupled to this you get unbelievable follow up and service. Tech support invariably duplicate what my question is. answer it quickly, are honest if they can't help and proactive when they can.

No question is ever a dumb question. Time and again these guys have answered me, helped me and taken my calls, not because the product is hard to work with - on the contrary, but because I am trying to get the most out of the product and have had a lot of questions.

I can speak from having had the experience of working with and configuring systems such as Oracle E-Business Suite R12.1, Microsoft Project Server 2007, Clarizen, Salesforce and others.

Nothing holds a candle to AffinityLive for functionality, value for money and overall support. I strongly suggest you take a look - we did and I think it was one of the best decisions we made.

Response from Accelo

Hi Steve! Thank you so much for your kind comments. We are so happy to hear that you were happy with our service. Please let us know if there is anything else we can do!

Replied 19/05/2015
Shawna P.

Reviewed on 21/02/2019

Cloud based, Sales / revenue / time / expense tracking tool - good for a small company

A little cumbersome for the occasional user. Probably better for those who are in it all day/every day.

Pros

We are using this for a company size of about 75 people for sales tracking where each consultant can track their hours and expenses to the projects and tasks that are created. Works to keep everything neatly in place.

Cons

When someone is done / removed from the system --- they are removed entirely. They no longer show up as having worked on those efforts.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 28/11/2018

Tries to do too many things and fails at most of them

Pros

We used it as a helpdesk ticket taking platform - it functioned. Time tracking was a great feature Accelo did well.

Cons

Frequent outages and unexplained slowness plagued their environment when we used it. Things were on their roadmap indefinitely, metrics and analytics were nearly non existent. One of their devs even got snarky with me on a public forum when I pointed out some areas for improvement. We as an organization have since moved to another platform and have not looked back.

Response from Accelo

Sorry to hear you had a negative experience and that you felt one of our devs was snarky with you.

Re: slowness and performance issues, as a scaling technology company there are times where there are growing pains - we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience these issues caused for you. We did have a rough period in early 2018 (detailed at https://www.accelo.com/resources/blog/system-outage/), but thanks to the work done by our systems and security team in the later part of 2018, we've had an uptime for 2019 to the end of August is 99.991%. We've also been able to benefit from upgrades to our database infrastructure with AWS to be able to have a lot more auto-scaling to help ensure we're well placed to handle periods where things ramp up.

Again, apologies you didn't have a great experience, and thanks for your candid feedback.

Replied 29/08/2019

Amazing Software

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. I track all my projects and clock my entire day in Accelo. It allows me to see where I am spending my time. The analytics make it possible to make adjustments to tasks that need more time etc.

Cons

None so far. Accelo is always bringing out new features that I didn't even realize I needed.

Colin S.

Reviewed on 23/01/2017

Great PSA, great value

We've been using Accelo for maybe 6 months. We're not fully implemented, but are coming from WORK[etc] and its a big step up. VERY easy to get going on, and lots of room to grow in to the product. We will probably be implementing forever as they seem to always be adding new features, but that is a good thing in our eyes.

Pros

I love the feature set and integrations. Being able to work with JIRA on our product side directly, as well as Zapier for more creative integration, is absolutely huge.

Cons

The biggest downside to this, or any product like it, is that you don't know what you don't know until its too late. Learning enterprise size products like this is tough, and you have to work many hours to figure everything out and get it fine tuned, but that is with any product.

• Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 06/02/2019

Accelo for Video Production

It's helped our team accurately budget for future projects by tracking time and expenses for our current ones

Pros

Helps our team easily track time between projects
Design is easy to use and pleasant to look at
Integrates well with Google suite

Cons

Search function sometimes gives too much information instead of bringing me directly to project

Marissa G.

Reviewed on 20/08/2019

Brilliant

Pros

Being able to assigns budgets and due dates to each task and getting track if your project is on budget or not.

Cons

Only being able to assign 1 person to each task.

Andrew B.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

best solution around

Overall we have enjoyed Accelo. It has filled some gaps in how we were operating in our old just tickets system. This has greatly increased visibility in to workloads.

Pros

Integration is key. We have a lot of different tools and this interrogates with most of them. For those that doesn't the API has been a fantastic solution to get our processes working.

Cons

Some odd things with some parts of the processes within the product. Like you can copy progressions and custom fields from other issue types but you can't copy the triggers over for automation.
Makes adding things to the product manually tedious entry.

Reviewed on 04/03/2016

Best PSA for Small Growing Busineses

Accelo is a great solution for us. We're a digital marketing agency and before using Accelo we used multiple applications to manage projects, sales, support request etc. With Accelo's PSA solution we're able to view the critical parts of our business from a single console.

Pros

Accelo has everything we need to manage sales, customers relationships and billing. The timers are nice. This allows us to see just how much time is being spent on projects, task, and customer interactions.

Cons

There is a small learning curve and while you can use it "right out the box", it has taken us a couple of weeks to really get our processes into their system. The moble app could be better also.

Miles R.

Reviewed on 02/07/2014

PSA software that you'll actually use.

To be honest, this product surprised me. Being let down by other "solutions" in the past I certainly did not have super high expectations. This software actually delivers. It was super easy to get started without reading a whole manual or contacting support. In under 20 minutes I could see that this is basically an all-in-one cloud based solution to run your entire business, billing, time tracking, agile project management, ongoing service contracts and retainers, even CRM. I would recommend checking it out even if you're already happy with your current CRM software or project management, it's nice to be able to manage everything under one roof if you know what I mean.

Reviewed on 24/04/2018

Very in depth project software

Pros

Creating tasks and tracking time are my top two favorite things about accelo. This is great for project management for a team with lots of moving parts.

Cons

Retainers and expenses have proven to be pretty complicated to figure out. Lots of trial and error.

Tim K.

All-in-one system for Accounting/Consulting Firms

Liked how integrated Accelo is with Gmail, including how it suggests calendar appointments when filling out time tracking, you can send emails and meeting requests within Accelo and Accelo records the time in drafting the email, and that staff member emails sent to a contact that's in Accelo get recorded in Accelo.. As with any system that is feature rich, it is a bit complicated at first. You just have to carve out time to do new features each week. The biggest benefits are time savings from being in one system instead of multiple and getting reports on staff utilization and client profit margins.