OneDrive Reviews

About OneDrive

OneDrive is a cloud-based content management solution that provides organizations with a platform to collaborate, share and store documents. This system enables cross-platform synchronization and prevents data loss. OneDrive...

4.2

Browse OneDrive Reviews

11,956 of 11,956 reviews
Oscar
Oscar

Reviewed on 09/03/2021

Good storage solution

In general we liked it a lot.
We were able to simplify many of our collaboration tasks.
He also helped us with the hardware migration, since we focused on acquiring more robust equipment with SSD solid state hard drives while increasing our spending, since we spent a large part of the storage in the cloud.

Pros

What we liked the most was the amount of storage it offered per user.
We were also impressed that it comes bundled with our office 356 and email solution.
Additionally, together with the Share point tool, its use is optimized.

Cons

I particularly don't like that it is not a highly adopted solution by third parties.
Many of our customers and business partners use Google Drive and not One Drive services. This makes file sharing and collaboration not totally transparent.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Google Drive gave us very little storage. Moving from one level to another was quite expensive per user.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We were analyzing continuing with Drive, but we needed to improve our storage and unify tools that is why we prefer to switch to One Drive and the entire Office 365 Suite. Dropbox in particular didn't offer the integrations we required as a business.
Ali
Ali

Reviewed on 09/02/2021

Your files above your head on the clouds with OneDrive!

If you need a simple and functional software with all the features for backup in the clouds, Microsoft OneDrive is your answer. Working with Andes is very enjoyable and simple.

Pros

Transferring personal files and photos with OneDrive is very simple. Microsoft knows how to simplify complex software and at the same time be very fast, smart and powerful with highest security features. All our personal and organization files are stored in Microsoft Safe Clouds via OneDrive. In sending files with large sizes, all you have to do is attach the file link to the person via OneDrive or attach the file from there. Also now Backing up files is very simple now via OneDrive. Extremely simple and very smart in doing things and very smart and fast backup.

Cons

Features such as link expiration after a specific date or password for files are very important and must be added to this platform.

Dropbox Business, Google Drive and Box

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Compress uploaded photos without prior notice to me and I need the original size of the files.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

More Simple, Access to Microsoft office Tools and has great support team.
Andressa

Reviewed on 10/05/2024

Need more free space

I use ONE DRIVE a lot.
I save all my photos and files.
However, I think there could be some improvements.
Mainly with the issue of storage space.

Pros

It allows the storage of files, images and documents.

Cons

The downside is the limited free storage space.

Top OneDrive Alternatives

Rexie

Reviewed on 07/02/2024

Trusted cloud drive with easy file sharing features

Using OneDrive happily for many years and do not miss carrying around a WesternDigital external hard drive for big files like the old days!

Pros

Easy to use, very low cost, reliable and safe data storage with file sharing options to suit multiple circumstances. Comes with Office Suite and mobile image back up also so does everything required.

Cons

The mobile app can be a little slow at times and doesn't have image tag search like the gallary on phones.

Dropbox Business, Box and Zoho WorkDrive

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Pricing and storage allowance plus office suite included
  • Industry: Translation & Localization

Reviewed on 11/09/2023

A wonderful tool to achieve tasks

As translator and trainer my experience with One Drive be described as fruitful and effective experience in achieving tasks. By one Drive I can control who has access to file sent specifically in privacy and questions of payment in advance.

Pros

The easiness of use One Drive is so simple, has a lot of facilities specifically in file sharing, backup recovery and accessibility.

Cons

Direct downloading in mobile App because it needs many steps. Permission alert in storing data transferred by Microsoft Teams . Editing videos to be shared after editing on social media.

Google Drive and Adobe Creative Cloud

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Because I first use Google drive and I have a lot of files stored there. Some clients have no experience with One Drive but familiar with Google drive.

Because I use One Drive everyday. To me it is treasure
Jill
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

One Drive is my one drive for productivity

We have solved the issue of sharing large files without having to download them to a drive and then bring the drive to the person I wish to share the files with. OneDrive has made this quite easy and therefore saving me time.

Pros

One of the most impactful features is being able to access all of my data on all of my devices from anywhere.

Cons

The only issue I encounter often is when someone is trying to share a file with me. If I look at my computer files under OneDrive it doesn’t show up. I have to open OneDrive in Microsoft Edge first and then open it through there. Otherwise it doesn’t show up in my files.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The cost of the storage I needed was a main reason we switched from Dropbox to OneDrive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive was more cost effective than other products.
Evans
Evans
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 05/09/2022

OneDrive Review

OneDrive is an extremely fast and reliable cloud storage service. It has fixed the challenge of sharing data across teams working remotely and the fact that it is extremely user friendly is an added plus. It provides a great back up solution for all our data directly from the desktop.

Pros

OneDrive is a superb cloud storage service that has fixed my storage and back up needs. Ability to save files directly from my desktop is just great, as well as giving me the ability to share files with my team members. It is also extremely fast and very reliable.

Cons

Additional storage for free users would be great

Safety of data, ease of access and user friendliness

MEGA

Safety of data, ease of access and user friendliness
Edwin
Edwin

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

Pros

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

Cons

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I chose this because of its speed. It was really faster compared to this others.
Margie
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

What I like about OneDrive

I use it daily. I like that I can access it from anywhere and that it syncs automatically.

Pros

I like that it is part of my Microsoft 365 subscription and is not any additional charge. It has a lot of space to use and even more for storage and automatically syncs and backs up for me.

Cons

I was not a big fan to start because I was used to another service. So the transfer of files was not very smooth, in fact some files were completely lost.

Jacklyn
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 25/03/2024

Pros

I like that OneDrive is very easy to deploy. I'm comfortable that all of my data is securely backed up, and I like that I can access it from anywhere! All around great product.

Cons

It can be a little difficult to find older versions of documents.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

price and easy of integration into current systems
  • Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Storing Files in the Cloud has Never Been Easier!

OneDrive has allowed us as a company to move away from traditional file shares stored on-premises to a hybrid cloud-based file storage setup, with personal user storage stored in OneDrive and company files on-premises. This way users are always able to access their files even when not connected to the company network. We have been able to decommission several file servers as a result of moving to OneDrive, and hope to eventually store all company files in OneDrive/SharePoint in the future.

Pros

The OneDrive client itself is very responsive, detecting and syncing any modifications to files to the cloud almost instantaneously. A sizeable 1 terabyte of storage space is provided with an E1 licence, which is more than enough to store a user's personal files in most cases. GPOs can be used in an enterprise setting to control aspects of the OneDrive client, including default OneDrive folder locations, enabling Files on Demand to save disk space, and sync bandwidth limits. OneDrive integrates very well with the rest of the Microsoft product eco-system, becoming the default save location for Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files once set up. A recent update has added the ability to automatically sync your Documents, Pictures, and Desktop folders to OneDrive without needing to manually configure additional options (this is an incredibly useful feature for an enterprise setting). Microsoft's support is quick to respond to support tickets and is very helpful. The application also auto-updates on startup, which means there is less administration needed to maintain current releases on all devices. The OneDrive mobile app is available for mobile working.

Cons

Some users have trouble with the concept of OneDrive and cloud storage, so a good amount of training should be provided when rolling out the application. The application itself installs in the user's 'AppData Roaming' folder rather than the 'Program Files' folder which means if multiple users are logged into the computer there will be multiple OneDrive installations, one for each user (however this is rectified in the newest insider releases of OneDrive where the application installs to the 'Program Files' folder, but this will take time to reach general release). If the application has issues syncing a file, it is not immediately apparent to the user as the only notification is a small red error icon shown over the OneDrive taskbar icon.

Dropbox Business, Google Drive and Box

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

OneDrive was chosen over the alternatives as we were already invested in the Office 365 eco-system with several Office 365 subscriptions - this made OneDrive the natural choice over others as it was already included with our subscriptions that we were paying for. In addition, Microsoft's support has been stellar when it has been required, and it was easy as the one deploying OneDrive to move user data to the cloud with as little disruption as possible.
Eric
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 30/09/2019

OneDrive for Business : great sharing tool, but still needs some features to become #1

OneDrive for Business use has been a trial and error or work-in-progress product for our internal usage. Some iOS apps like Dictate+Connect and GoodReader do not offer built-in OneDrive for Business support to import or export some content, even though the OneDrive consumer version was possible. Having two versions of same product created confusion and frustration that led us put on hold the widespread use of OneDrive on our mobile iOS clients. Sharing files with external partners was brought back to Dropbox Business for larger commitees that couldn't easily handle the added steps for authentication.

Pros

What we like about OneDrive for Business is obviously its tight integration with the Microsoft ecosystem. Sharing Microsoft Word and Excel documents with colleagues is now seamless and best of all, is the automatic saving and versioning! Makes backups less a necessity. Also the quality of the iOS OneDrive application is a great value for our mobile users. Integration with other key apps that our users have on their iPhone or iPad is a real advantage for efficiently transferring files.

Cons

Some of the features that are added might be less refined with our French-Canadian language localised Windows workstations. For example, the Folder redirection of Desktop function puts a "Desktop" folder in the OneDrive account instead of the "Bureau" that is usually found on the local Windows computer. Therefore using the Desktop button in the standard save/open file dialog is a bit confusing. Also, the fact that Guests cannot have a OneDrive account to access shared files and folders like Dropbox brings some added steps (security codes) to give access to shared folders.

Andres

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

One drive delivers great value for the money

Most of our users are Windows users and we're very happy with the functionalities to sync, to keep local, to keep in the cloud and to share files

Pros

Compared to other storage solutions, such as Google Drive, Dropbox, or Box.com, OneDrive is more cost effective when the volume of users is not large. The functionality and compatibility with Windows is great.

Cons

OneDrive has difficulties integrating with Mac. For instance, the context menus that exist in Windows to sync files (in the mouse right-click) does not exist in Mac. This makes it cumbersome to select what files you want to keep in your computer.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Drive was more expensive for the same features we needed.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

More cost effective, great integration with windows. Besides, Microsoft provides the office suite within the cost. The microsoft mobile apps are great, and the web integration works flawlessly.
Emir
Emir
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 26/08/2020

Nice tool for Cloud backup but has some issues

I use it as part of my 365 subscription. When you look at this tool overall it usable as a part of Microsoft 365 ecosystem. But if you dig deeper into features and options issues start to occur. It draws power from 365 users base not by it's own features and options.

Pros

Well the software is functional to a degree. I found it easy to set up for basic usage, syncing some folders on pc on regular plain usage. Logging from office.com portal and accessing documents and files is also a great value. Sharing file with company and outside of company users is cool with cool predefined options which are helpfull.

Cons

There is no advanced options for upload control. Few users can easily saturate internet connection. Also when you migrate user folder on windows pc to another drive numerous issues raised.
Also i had few issues where files would not simply upload to OneDrive even when connections is 300/100Mb.
There is no linux client which is forcing users to other services like Dropbox and GoogleDrive.
Android versions work better then Windows 10.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

End of support for EMC solution, it was included in Microsoft contract for 365 subscription

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I did not. It was a part of Office 365 package, so we implement it as "already payed" solution.
Bradley
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Essential for Cloud Storage and a successful workflow.

Overall, I find OneDrive to be a very reliable service. Over the years, MS continues to improve and incorporate new features in their software packages. I trust that my data is safe and secure in the hands of MS. I do think they could improve by allowing images from your personal OneDrive to be hosted on other sites.

Pros

OneDrive Personal is free for all users that sign up and are given 5GB of storage. Storage capacity can be expanded with prices starting at $1.99 a month. It is very easy to share data and assign permissions to your files and folders. Syncing your data with the app allows effortless uploading. Another cool feature is OneDrive's ability to detect your most frequently used files and then making those files readily available on your PC - while your less used files are kept in the cloud. The purpose of this feature is to save storage on you PC but also allows for faster access of those you use more. OneDrive for Business offers all the features of Personal but you are given a larger capacity from start. OneDrive FileVault is another cool feature that MS has recently added. With the FileVault you can store a limited amount of files in a folder that is password protected.

Cons

Some of the downsides to uploading documents to OneDrive include the rejection of special characters in the file name. It does notify you of files that do not upload and to fix this, all you do is change the name but if dealing with a large number of files, this can be an inconvenience. Also, uploading large files, over 1GB can take a long time and if your connection is lost, you must start over.

Dropbox Business, Google Drive and iCloud

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I choose OneDrive over the others because of the MS Suite (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT) i use everyday. OneDrive allows for your files to be opened and saved directly from the cloud that improves workflow. Also, anyone who is a Windows user, has an account so why not use it? Although many of the other services also offer a free account, MS has been a leading company in the IT world.

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Why Store in OneDrive rather than Email Attachments?

My overall OneDrive experience has been fantastic! All my meeting minutes through OneNote are in it so Executives can open the minutes and add more or complete items.
Now that some associates have seen why I use it, well, they're starting to use it too.

Pros

Creating a OneDrive account is simple, so simple you'll wonder if you did something wrong.
Sharing documents while controlling viewers and editing abilities is just a simple click!
In addition, when you share something via OneDrive you can find it easily by logging into your office.com account from any web browser OR while working on your assign computer you can easily find your OneDrive shared documents through File > Open.
There's more! Now, you can turn document Tracking on and have multiple people editing your document without having to email it, revise it, email it, revise it, email it, etc.
OneDrive is so simple it's confusing. Take the plunge and use it!

Cons

It seems confusing when setting it up because it's so simple.
You need to pay attention when sharing a document and be sure to share with the appropriate permissions.

MarQuita
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Great Tool!

I have had GREAT experiences with using OneDrive. It's one of those tools that I use every single day - even from my mobile phone when needed! How amazing is that! I like that the cloud storage gives you about 1 TB of space and to upgrade your storage is respectfully priced.

Pros

What's most impactful is the ability to update forms online. This ease of use of this feature is great, as long as I have internet access I can make updates to my documents as needed.

Cons

Sharing documents could be handled a little easier in its function. If I send a document to someone who doesn't have an outlook account they experience a bit of trouble accessing the document.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The cost of dropbox exceeded our budget.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Dropbox was great, but not a storage system many of my clients were familiar with. The minimum storage space initially offered wasn't enough, and the pricing was much more than what we budgeted for.
Enrique
Enrique

Reviewed on 28/10/2022

Very cheap, very limited

In general I have worked very well with OneDrive, while all my work fits in that TB of storage, it is easy to use, although a bit annoying when saving 365 documents (I deactivate it), sharing is also easy, and it is safe to store the data, but I still say that 1TB, with no opportunity to increase it, seems unrealistic at this point.

Pros

It is a fairly cheap service/application, even more so when it is already integrated with Microsoft 365, both for private users and for companies. But speaking exclusively of OneDrive, I could also say that it is easy to implement, manage and use.

Cons

Every day our files get bigger, resolutions get better every day, and as storage gets cheaper, we store more and more data. A home user who is fond of video will quickly find that 1TB is not enough, and there is no option to increase the storage capacity!Tired of having several accounts on my PC to get that 1TB from each of them, I have had to contract other services and do without using OneDrive, having both private and company licenses and to manage my clients' storage.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Working with Microsoft 365, OneDrive is included, and it is cheaper (since I use Office and not Google documents) than Google Drive.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I finally opted for Dropbox after a short time.
Turan
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/01/2023

OneDrive for Storage, Sharing, Access, Security

It is very simple to use and set up. Since it is under MS 365, it improves business processes at a reasonable level thanks to its easy distribution and licensing feature. It provides freedom to users and provides cost advantage by minimizing hardware needs.

Pros

Before we met OneDrive, we had to manage and implement many processes for copying, storing, and accessing our data and some of our files in a secure environment. moreover, we had to do this separately for each user. After activating OneDrive, we can store our data by moving it here, authorize it, control it remotely, and work at the same time. It provides us with the area we need for all these processes. Moreover, many features are available under a single program.* Possibility to work locally or remotely* 1TB of space for backup* Data security and file sharing* User privileges and access permissions* Ability to work on PC or Online Browser* Synchronization feature* Mobile, Android, MacOS or PC platform supportThanks to it, it can be used safely in any environment.

Cons

There may be some slowdowns in the synchronization of very large data depending on your internet connection.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

To solve the problem of file sharing and interdepartmental time working online. Moreover, to provide the needed space.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

It is a product of MS, 365 technology under one roof. In this way, it can be managed from a single point.
Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

A formidable cloud-storage solution for the masses...at a price

Microsoft has attempted, and largely succeeded, in building a robust cloud storage tool for consumers with OneDrive. As an IT professional, I was given 5 TB of storage "for life" for attending Microsoft's /build conference several years ago. For home users with an Office Live subscription, the 1TB of additional storage per account makes this a de facto choice. But for enterprises that don't have people who understand group policies and how to block the consumer client, coupled with the paltry free storage options compared to its competitors, OneDrive becomes a logistical nightmare as the operating systems made by Microsoft suggest (often and loudly) that users should save to OneDrive, ignoring that OneDrive for Business is installed.

Pros

Integration with Windows versions 8 and later provides instant simplicity with OneDrive. With Windows 10, it has become even simpler to use on PCs. The context menus allow easy changes to whether or not a file or folder is synced to the cloud, and the onedrive.live.com site is intuitive and easy to manage the content store via any browser. The ability of native applications for every reasonable platform makes this product appealing.

Cons

Microsoft can't determine what it wants to do in the consumer space, and nowhere is this more apparent than with OneDrive. Much like Skype, OneDrive has a "for business" client that bears little resemblance to the consumer application. Similarly, where Microsoft once led the field with generous storage space, their bizarre decision to revoke free storage for saving pictures and reduce the "free" amount has seriously hindered the attractiveness of OneDrive as a cloud solution. While the iOS app is delightfully easy to use, and bugs can be reported simply by shaking the app, saving files to OneDrive can be challenging, especially for novice users. Similarly, Microsoft did not make enough of an effort to distinguish OneDrive from the "for Business" product, and I know many frustrated IT managers who have countless calls from employees who have saved to the personal space instead of the enterprise version. As a final note, the lack of a plug-in for Microsoft's Edge browser is surprising, and unfortunate.

dishant
dishant

Reviewed on 07/03/2019

A lifesaver when wiping your PC

OneDrive is an excellent tool for personal as well as business needs. I have been able to store my important files and folders successfully on a cloud platform without worrying about their security and of getting them deleted. I can easily backup my data in case of any hardware or any mishap. I want to recommend this product to any business to arrange their files and folders effectively.

Pros

OneDrive is a great cloud storage solution from Microsoft, the creator of the famous operating system. In the OneDrive itself, Microsoft has been successful enough to maintain the trust of the people on its products.
I find it very helpful when I have to wipe out my PC. I stored all my important office files and documents on the OneDrive and successfully wiped it out without any headache.

OneDrive comes from the Microsoft house and provides complete security to your files.

I loved the feature of Document Sharing in the OneDrive. It provides you the ability to share the documents with your clients quickly.

OneDrive also has a fantastic feature which lets its users by synchronizing the files from different machines.

The calendar in it helps in managing different schedules like meetings, etc. very efficiently.

The documentation support and customer support provided by the Microsoft team is undoubtedly incredible.

Cons

Some incidents evolved when I was syncing the files from the OneDrive, and my local machine gets failed, and those were quite difficult and time-consuming to troubleshoot.

When downloading files and folders, it's competitors allow to download it quickly and automatically converts it into a zip file. But, I have not found any similar functionality in the OneDrive.

There were issues related to the naming convention when backing up the files. These were difficult to detect and fix.

It does not support the complete backup of your system. Although you can take a backup of multiple files, to make a full backup, you have to use third-party software, and then you can copy it in the OneDrive.

Caitlin
Caitlin

Reviewed on 14/06/2019

OneDrive simplifies Microsoft file sharing and storage

I must admit I was reluctant at first because I am a Type A control freak and someone else doing the driving made me nervous about the mistakes and headaches. That hasn't happened. When I say it hasn't happened, I mean it hasn't happened one time. I use Office as my everyday life and it is incredible that with the amount of data for research for journal articles, my protocols and information regarding training, all of the outside work I do with volunteer groups, etc. that things don't mix themselves up, get lost, or have files get lost. In the past I have had external hard drives have sector failures. This eliminates that and I now rely on it. I am waiting for the day where all of our computer interactions can merge formatting for one seamless interaction but for now, of all of the cloud products I use, this by far is the best.

Pros

When you are working with a Microsoft product, OneDrive takes on the process of doing the work for you once you tell it to. It will back up your information to the cloud, auto save your edits, allow you to give other people access to any particular files and then allow you to allow or deny them edit access. Much of this is capable of being done through Mark-up, etc. but with OneDrive it is occurring in real time and you do not have to send, wait for the response, edit, and then send again. You are able to create a portfolio of a folder that contains multiple files so coworkers or coauthors can locate the various areas and make edits as needed while you work on a different aspect. Plus, when the inevitable screen of death occurs, those last second back-ups that never made it to your external hard drive are saved in the cloud as OneDrive truly is backing up every single thing you do.

Cons

There is a little difficulty for some less computer oriented coworkers to understand seeing duplicate files listed- one set on OneDrive and then also on desktop. I try to explain to them to think about their computer being attached to a box outside the computer that is also storing the same info in case it gets lost. That typically helps a lot. The other thing that is challenging is when you toggle it on, you have it writing the memory of the file in real time, so if you want to play around with edits and not have them saved, you have to remember to toggle it off, or create a separate file.

George
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 11/02/2020

OneDrive Review from a College Student/Young Professional

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now and have been very impressed with the features they have added throughout the years. I used OneDrive during college to take class notes, keep track of due dates, create presentations and I have only had good experiences with OneDrive. This software is so well designed, so Microsoft should pat themselves on the back with what they have created. If you are looking for an inclusive software for all of your day to day needs that has amazing security, then you've found it with OneDrive. Highly recommend trying this software out as it is simply amazing.

Pros

I have been using OneDrive for a few years now where I have created excel sheets to track spending, powerpoints for work presentations, or just to keep track of my to-do list for the day. OneDrive is so versatile and can be used for almost need that you will need. What I like most about this software is that I am able to access my OneDrive account from anywhere to work on and open up my files. OneDrive is very easy to use, set up folders, and allows you to personalize your account to whatever works best for you. Security is always a key issue for softwares such as this one. You want to make sure that your private information stays private, which is what OneDrive does so well. They even have a "vault" where you can place any sensitive or important information to give it an extra layer of security. Microsoft has thought of everything when they created OneDrive and I highly recommend using it!

Cons

I honestly haven't noticed anything with the software that I haven't liked. I've been using OneDrive for a few years now (through college to keep track of school work and at my current job) and have never had any issues.

Kory

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

OneDrive For Business - Works okay, can be buggy

Pros

Most of our end users use this product in our environment. I like the ability to synchronize SharePoint team sites / document libraries. It eliminates the need to have to open a browser to look at files that are hosted out on SharePoint. By using this App, it makes uploading / deleting / renaming files easier than having to do it through the browser as well. If you haven't used OneDrive or OneDrive For Business before, it works much like Dropbox / Google Drive, so anyone who has used either of these other products in the past will be familiar with how to use OneDrive.

Cons

Probably my two biggest complaints / cons with OneDrive are this: 1.) There are separate Apps for OneDrive / OneDrive For Business. I think one unified app would make this better, but for now, I guess we are stuck with two. The only benefit to this, at least in our environment, is that since we have an external SharePoint (hosted with Office 365) and an internal SharePoint which is hosted on premises, it is easier to have users use OneDrive for Office 365 and OneDrive For Business for our internal SharePoint.
The other pain is that the software can be buggy. People will have problems with files / folders synchronizing and the error messages that pop up are very vague, most of the time, the only troubleshooting step is to stop synching the libraries and resync them. It does seem to work better now that we have upgraded to SharePoint 2016 and Windows 10 / Office 2016. If you are thinking of implementing this in your environment, be sure to read the list of acceptable file names, characters, etc. as our users have had issues because they are using unsupported characters in file names, causing synch issues.

Stever Jose
Stever Jose

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Collaborative work and availability of information

Availability of 24x7 information
Collaborate online with the information
To be able to have the information offline, apply changes and be applied to the original file after synchronization.
Increase the collaboration of work teams.
Always have the change history available to avoid loss of information.
Saving of paper printing by being able to share files to be reviewed by other people.
Share information about projects with clients without having to move them on a pendrive.
Save the capacity of the email by sending an email with only the link of the shared file or not the file. this solved us in clients and suppliers that have an email solution that only allows 5mb mail entry and when sending a file of 1 gb it does not reach them, it is solved by sending the url by mail

Pros

The functionality of accessing information via Web or desktop application locally.
The change history is registered
The teamwork collaboration that allows you to edit documents online
Make changes to the offline documentation and apply the changes when connecting to the internet
The storage capacity from the lowest plan is 1 tb to unlimited in other plans.
Microsoft increases the storage capacity in base advances the market without needing to change the subscription plan.
the ability to upload and maintain files up to 15 GB
The ease with which the structure of folders and file shares are managed can be from the root or a single file inside the folder.
To be able to share information for a determined time
that you can share information with customers or suppliers that do not have OneDrive and only need a Microsoft account to identify themselves.
To be able to share information so that the external ones can access anonymously, sharing through a link or QR code (it has disadvantages of not having tracking if it is shared in edit mode)
Levels of sharing, reading or writing.
Use a single application to manage OneDrive files and Sharepoint libraries.
A new functionality that when synchronizing the OneDrive or Sharepoint libraries the files are available locally as cache but all the information is not downloaded until you use them locally (this solves the local space issue to have the information replicated)
Facilitate teamwork is a plus in favor and very important

Cons

When several people have a local library synchronized and your Internet provider fails frequently you can make the upload synchronization be affected by duplicating the information, the good thing that a second file creates, adding at the end of it the name of the computer that you synchronize.
A Collaborator with full access on a folder or file structure eliminates the documents the owner does not know until he / she accesses, I think a notification should be sent to the owner of the documentation to approve said elimination. (Although the recycling bin lasts 30 days information it would be good to make that change to notify)