OneDrive Reviews

About OneDrive

OneDrive is a cloud-based content management solution that provides organizations with a platform to collaborate, share and store documents. This system enables cross-platform synchronization and prevents data loss. OneDrive...

4.2

Browse OneDrive Reviews

11,943 of 11,943 reviews
Habibah
Habibah
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Essential especially to backup work files.

My Microsoft 365 account included OneDrive, which was an excellent complement to the other software. To enter my files, I don't need to signed in to another service. It allows me to view my files from either computer or a smart device at any time at a low cost. The file structure is close to that of most personal computers, and it makes it simple for me to handle files, whether I'm copying, transferring, or changing their names. Even my massive drawing files open quickly and easily, allowing me to operate on quickly.

Pros

OneDrive allows me to keep files on the cloud and retrieve them from whatever device, even when I'm not at the workplace. This comes in handy when I need to share files from my smartphone on social media, particularly on pages that are only available on mobile devices. I have a powerful CPU with plenty of storage, but I often build massive illustration and digital images that would start filling it if I do not have backup storage.

Cons

It's nice to have my files with me everywhere I go, but each time I open a file, a copy is saved on my laptop. Until I uninstall it, this will gradually take up precious storage space. I didn't know it until my CPU was clogged with redundant files that took up a lot of bandwidth. It took me some time to find a way out how to safely clear the storage space.

Jason
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 19/02/2024

OneDrive works great

Pros

OneDrive works well for efficient work flow between multiple devices and locations.

Cons

OneDrive secure file sharing is difficult.

Tom

Reviewed on 24/03/2024

Excellent built-in solution for O365/Windows users

Pros

With OneDrive, you can toss all your files, pics, and vids up in the cloud. No need to worry about running out of space on your devices, and you can access your stuff from anywhere with internet.

If you're into Word, Excel, or PowerPoint, OneDrive plays nicely with them. You can edit and collaborate on your docs straight from the cloud, which is super handy for group projects or just sharing stuff with friends. Make a change to a file on your laptop? No worries, OneDrive syncs it up across all your devices automatically. So, you're always working with the latest version, whether you're on your phone, tablet, or computer.
OneDrive makes it easy to share files or folders with others. You can work on stuff together in real-time, which is awesome for team projects or when you're brainstorming with friends. Your files are safe with OneDrive. They've got all sorts of security measures in place, like encryption and multi-factor authentication. Plus, they back up your stuff regularly, so you can breathe easy knowing your important files are protected.

Cons

One drawback of using OneDrive is that the free storage limit can be relatively small compared to other cloud storage services. While it offers a decent amount of free space, users may find themselves needing to upgrade to a paid plan if they have a large amount of data to store. This could be a downside for those who are looking for extensive storage options without wanting to pay for additional space.

Top OneDrive Alternatives

Kellie

Reviewed on 23/03/2024

OneDrive not for me

I have used Onedrive with work and a nonprofit I work for. I am happy that the schools I work for use Google so I do not have to use OneDrive.

Pros

That is syncs with Microsoft Excel and Word

Cons

Files are hard to find and access through the home base.

Kyle

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

One drive - Day to day

Fantastic bit of software, one that i will always be using or even pushing for.

Pros

Everything is synced across all my devices just by logging in. The 2fa security is great bonus for peace of mind an security.
I have deployed One Drive to some of my supported businesses as more and more we find the Hybrid work role becoming popular. For them/us to be able to access our documents on and off site is critical, One drive lets us do this with ease.

Cons

Sometimes we get duplicate items on the desktop, especially when Edge is syncing.

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

The ability to sync everything such as Edge, emails, storage and content all under one email address
Grant

Reviewed on 26/03/2024

Very usefull for backups.

I've been super pleased with it. Refreshing end users' laptops went from taking 30 minutes to an hour to less than 5 minutes for migrating the data.

Pros

Moving data between computers is incredibly easy. Beforehand I would have to manually move data via hard drives. Being able to sign into OneDrive and have all your data move over seamlessly is an amazing feature that I would hate to go without.

Cons

Since we don't use OneDrive too much outside of the backups, there really isn't any cons.

Leah

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Forever a OneDrive User

I have been using OneDrive since college, and I always recommend it to people who use Microsoft on a daily basis and need unlimited storage.

Pros

Great for collaboration, storage for any files and unlimited storage!

Cons

Hard to navigate documents sometimes and frustrating when I cannot easily move a document into a folder, I always have to make a copy.

Elif
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 29/03/2024

Access you important files from any where

I can access all files stored on onedrive from both my work computer and my personal computer. This is a great convenience. Also the auto save mode is very useful. The capacity is very large. I recommend it to everyone.

Pros

You can work at automatic save mod on and even if something goes wrong you can't loose your data. And you can reach your files even if you forgot your computer at home :)

Cons

It makes an uncontrollable habit and I now organize almost all my files on onedrive.

• Industry: Research

Reviewed on 28/03/2024

Onedrive review

I do not particularly enjoy use it but since my workplaces uses teams I end up use it.

Pros

It comes pre installed and connects and works well wit other Microsoft products.

Cons

I do not like that it comes pre-installed and I dislike that it comes by default activated to do backup of particular folders. Would prefer that it was not active by default.

Kayla
  • Industry: E-Learning
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/04/2024

Great for collaborative work

Due to frequently having issues with usernames, passwords, and login in general with OneDrive, I don't use it as frequently anymore. However, this is a great product for someone who is a fan of Microsoft. I find my technology personally works worse with Microsoft, unfortunately.

Pros

I like the ease of file sharing for international projects.

Cons

I almost always have some sort of issue with the login to OneDrive.

Jonathan

Reviewed on 23/10/2019

Microsoft One Drive

Works very well as a standard personal cloud file management tool for both personal use and business use. Lacking many advanced options found in Google/Box for public file sharing.
Works well with eDiscovery and other legal and compliance tools
Has improved greatly over time with real-time collaboration and automatic saving
Simple to implement and rollout as it is native with MS Office
Continue to grow its footprint in my current company as an alternative to File Shares

Pros

Industry standard software works natively with MS Office
Allows sharing and collaboration of files with anyone and anywhere
Simple to use and and administer
Compliant for regulations and easily searchable/discoverable

Cons

Sharing options are very limited for outside users and difficult to control once in the wild
Administration is not robust, still old style
Security is lacking especially for the uninitiated
Plays well with MS not so well with other tools

Google Workspace

Native with MS Office and part of the O365 subscription

Box

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Native with MS Office and part of the O365 subscription Change management would be significant to leave O365 subscription
Jerry

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

OneDrive Helps Drive Our Business

While working solo, none of our users have had any issues working with the software. It works, and it works for them. they can save all their files, they can access from anywhere. They are happy with that. When it comes to sharing and collaborating, that's where we've run into a few issues that the system isn't user friendly enough. Granted, we are trying to replace file server storage with OneDrive, the more technically inclined users have no issues, the less so have more issues. It just isn't user friendly enough for this. Sharing with external users becomes even more troublesome. Again, there just needs to be a few more features on the sharing side. Other than that, it works for us and we are happy with it.

Pros

It works. It just work. We need to upload files, we can. We need to download files, we can. We need to share files, we can.

Cons

While it works, the features just aren't that great. Yes, we can save to cloud, access from anywhere, download, update. But it's not as easy to share as with other software. We have an easier time with Google Drive. Or even DropBox. But, OneDrive is less expensive considering we are non-profit and use Office 365. The Windows 10 settings for OneDrive are just horrible. There just needs to be more settings available, more features, more configuration on folders settings and permissions.

Nural
Nural

Reviewed on 03/01/2020

The best cloud for saving files for windows users

I am using office applications very frequently and I need to keep the files in some place that I can access them whenever I want, this tool is very useful for me. Another cool thing is that I can share the files with my friends and many people can work on one file at the same time.

Pros

This product is developed by Microsoft and it comes in Microsoft Office bundle, first times I thought it is not that much useful application. However, afterwards I have started to use office applications I saw that how useful this application is. Firstly it is integrated with Microsoft Office applications, and you can keep all your files on the drive, it also can be integrated with your email and you can share files through drive if they are not not shareable through email. Another good side of this application is that it is available on all platforms and you can use it for sharing the files between devices.

Cons

I have some concerns regarding use the application on my PC, the problem is that it always running on the background and since my laptop is a bit slower it downs the performance. When I turn of it my windows protection gives error. Rather than this, I do not have any problems with this application.

José Miguel

Reviewed on 29/03/2020

From a regular cloud storage to a great one

I am a user of this service for many years, but until 2 years ago my main cloud storage was one of the competitions. Right now, after the great implementation on Windows 10, my main cloud storage is OneDrive, I have my institution plan and a personal plan, included in my Office 365 subscription. Is real deal get 1 TB and the software, in comparison to other cloud storage services.

Pros

One of the main features I enjoy about OneDrive is how they integrate the service natively with Windows 10. You can look for your files directly in your windows folders, with an icon descriptor, you can know where the archives are located (in your PC or the cloud), and in case you don´t have a local copy of the file, you can get the data quickly with a single click.

Cons

At the start, the way they handle the default folders synced (documents, images, and desktop) maybe is not the best. For example, the Documents folder is used by many software to handle configuration files, and if you work in many stations like me, sync for default that folders are not the best. Anyway, the configuration to avoid this is easy.
The UI is great, but a wizard for the configuration adapted to your individual needs would be great.

Nick
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Reviewed on 13/09/2020

Why did I use Dropbox for all that time?

The minor aggravation with my initial setup is nothing compared to the ease of using it with other Office products, especially across mobile devices.

Pros

OneDrive easily integrates with all of our other Office software. Since transitioning to Microsoft Teams for interagency communication and using Outlook for our mail, the availability of OneDrive to seamlessly store large volumes of data securely while at the same time being able to selectively share it with individual employees is amazing. It fits into what we do as a component of our system, unlike other cloud based programs that seem to be standalone rather than integrated.

Cons

Once I figured out how useful it was going to be, I did a mass upload of files. It was a somewhat aggravating process. I wish that I could have selected all the files to upload, then have OneDrive batch and upload in segments rather than doing a single upload that inevitably would stall.

iCloud

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Microsoft’s storage space and ability to integrate seamlessly with other software in the Office suite made it attractive. We decided to give it a shot. It was worth the time invested ten-fold.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

We tried OneDrive first and saw no compelling reason to continue searching since it met and/or exceeded all of our needs.
Bradley

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Great product

Excellent. Copies Documents and pictures between my iPhone and PC. Organized the My Documents folder to sync. Have had a few issues with My Pictures and syncing from the iPhone. Think I need to enable background application operations or some sort of tweak to better sync over from my iPhone.

Pros

Syncs all documents to my Windows 10 machine from my iPhone. Easy to securely register devices with SMS Texts, e-mails with codes, and the MS Authenticator app.

Cons

Have had a few issues with photos from the iPhone. Likely a fluke or settings tweak needed. Seems like syncs from the iPhone are a little off at the moment. Everything from my PC ports over directly.

Dropbox Business and iCloud

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

Like Authenticator and the MS Office 365 License I have includes one drive. I believe a few version may be available as well. Please note DropBox did a nice job too. One Drive is a bit more complicated, but seems to offer more options. Perhaps increased security as well.

Dropbox Business and iCloud

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Always have had great results from Microsoft. Very loyal. Excellent company.
Edwin
Edwin

Reviewed on 12/09/2021

Perfect online tool for personal storage.

It has enabled me mostly backup my data on cloud storage and therefore access easily, anywhere and anytime even if my device gets damaged my data doesn't get lost. It is the best tool have ever used for storing my files on the cloud.

Pros

First is its ease of access, once you save your files there you can get or access them anytime, anywhere and from any device. Another thing is about its security, nobody can access your OneDrive account unless he or she has your login credentials and not only that it uses two step authentication to confirm if you are really the owner of that account. Its security is so intense in that one can encrypt a file that he or she shares to you so that you must have a decryption key for you to access it. Another is its interface, it can run on different devices that is both android and windows and even using it is not hard. Lastly is its speed, compared to other related alternatives, OneDrive works really faster and effective.

Cons

Even though it comes with free version with allows you to save your data up to 5GB, I would prefer to get more space since there are many things I would like to save but you have to subscribe to more storage plans and its not that cheap. I don't have much negative about this software since it takes into account most of my expectations only that sometimes the file shared through that platform may be corrupted and maybe may not open.

Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

I chose this because of its speed. It was really faster compared to this others.
MarQuita

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Great Tool!

I have had GREAT experiences with using OneDrive. It's one of those tools that I use every single day - even from my mobile phone when needed! How amazing is that! I like that the cloud storage gives you about 1 TB of space and to upgrade your storage is respectfully priced.

Pros

What's most impactful is the ability to update forms online. This ease of use of this feature is great, as long as I have internet access I can make updates to my documents as needed.

Cons

Sharing documents could be handled a little easier in its function. If I send a document to someone who doesn't have an outlook account they experience a bit of trouble accessing the document.

Reasons for Choosing OneDrive

The cost of dropbox exceeded our budget.

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Dropbox was great, but not a storage system many of my clients were familiar with. The minimum storage space initially offered wasn't enough, and the pricing was much more than what we budgeted for.
Arturo
Arturo

Reviewed on 25/05/2022

The quality-price cloud service

The overall experience of having OneDrive is quite pleasant as you have that feeling that your files are safe and that if you have Office on your devices, you can practically review your documents anywhere because you can download them as well.
I feel that it is the best value for money in the cloud services market. Being still a student and that my university gives me this type of service, it is great because the collaborative work it provides is excellent and very effective with real-time and synchronization. Very satisfied with this service.

Pros

With the easy handling of the different menus, the user-friendly OneDrive is essential for everyone who needs to store their documents, photos, unique information, etc. It can be said that it is suitable for those who need to store heavy files since, with the main plan that is given, the 1 TB is practically enough for anyone who only needs to keep the essentials. Now of course there are more expensive plans, but eventually, these bring more space. Comparing other services, I would say that it is the one that gives you more benefits since you not only have cloud service, you have the whole Office package and unlike the competition, sometimes they only give you the cloud service and even more expensive.

Cons

Its little free storage is 5 GB, which is understandable since the user is given this space when creating a Microsoft account, but unlike its strongest competitors, I would say, OneDrive falls quite short.

Dropbox Business and Google Drive

Reasons for Switching to OneDrive

Because it is the one that in my opinion has more value than the others and is a value for money for what it also offers its Microsoft services.
Steve
Steve

Reviewed on 08/09/2018

A formidable cloud-storage solution for the masses...at a price

Microsoft has attempted, and largely succeeded, in building a robust cloud storage tool for consumers with OneDrive. As an IT professional, I was given 5 TB of storage "for life" for attending Microsoft's /build conference several years ago. For home users with an Office Live subscription, the 1TB of additional storage per account makes this a de facto choice. But for enterprises that don't have people who understand group policies and how to block the consumer client, coupled with the paltry free storage options compared to its competitors, OneDrive becomes a logistical nightmare as the operating systems made by Microsoft suggest (often and loudly) that users should save to OneDrive, ignoring that OneDrive for Business is installed.

Pros

Integration with Windows versions 8 and later provides instant simplicity with OneDrive. With Windows 10, it has become even simpler to use on PCs. The context menus allow easy changes to whether or not a file or folder is synced to the cloud, and the onedrive.live.com site is intuitive and easy to manage the content store via any browser. The ability of native applications for every reasonable platform makes this product appealing.

Cons

Microsoft can't determine what it wants to do in the consumer space, and nowhere is this more apparent than with OneDrive. Much like Skype, OneDrive has a "for business" client that bears little resemblance to the consumer application. Similarly, where Microsoft once led the field with generous storage space, their bizarre decision to revoke free storage for saving pictures and reduce the "free" amount has seriously hindered the attractiveness of OneDrive as a cloud solution. While the iOS app is delightfully easy to use, and bugs can be reported simply by shaking the app, saving files to OneDrive can be challenging, especially for novice users. Similarly, Microsoft did not make enough of an effort to distinguish OneDrive from the "for Business" product, and I know many frustrated IT managers who have countless calls from employees who have saved to the personal space instead of the enterprise version. As a final note, the lack of a plug-in for Microsoft's Edge browser is surprising, and unfortunate.

Edward
Edward

Reviewed on 27/05/2019

Cloud computing made easy

So easy to use and great for not only being able to access your working files from anywhere, but is also acts as a backup, something we humans are notoriously lax at. And in the couple of years of use, I've never witnessed lack of access or downtime.
A good, reliable product.

Pros

Say what you like about Microsoft, but their OneDrive offer IS good! A trusted name, a reliable product you can access anywhere (obviously needing an internet connection), and safety in the knowledge that unlike SOME other cloud storage providers, your photographs (in particular) are not being accessed, permission granted or not!

The free offer, with 5 gigabytes, is certainly very suitable for those wanting a cloud storage solution for documents or spreadsheets to eliminate using memory sticks, especially if using Office 365 products which all storage options include. However, where OneDrive really ups the game is for their Premium OneDrive offer. This provides 1TB for each of people, including Office 365 and a host of security features and productivity tools. And as I mentioned, Microsoft do not ask to access your photographs.

In use, it is naturally very easy. There is nothing that should trip anyone up, unless you close your browser down while uploading or downloading! And secure sharing options are there, whether you want to allow users a link, access via email, editor status or not. And it makes no difference whether access is via Windows, iOS or Android.

And having your working documents not only accessible from anywhere but also backed up, is a boon.

And importantly, it doesn't cost a fortune.

Cons

I think the only con is the rather obvious one, and that applies to ANY cloud host. If you haven't an internet connection, you can't get to your storage!

There really is nothing to dislike about it.

Scott
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/01/2020

OneDrive has Come a Long Way

OneDrive serves my small business well as a cloud storage solution that allows file/folder sharing with coworkers. It is secure, easy to use (except when troubleshooting problems) and reasonably reliable.

Pros

OneDrive is simple to set up for a small business. As the administrator, you can share drives with specific people in your organization, or with all users who are in your organization using the same domain (such as @mycompany.com) Security is top notch, because it encrypts data in transit and stored on Microsoft servers. Years ago, OneDrive was buggy and could not be trusted to sync over the internet between two computers...but now the sync is reasonably fast and reliable. Box and Dropbox have better sync, but you need to pay for the business features whereas OneDrive comes free with your Office365 subscription. I don't believe Google Drive is secure storage.

Cons

The sync is good enough, but not as good as Box, Dropbox, or Google drive. Microsoft support is spotty. Microsoft will not restore your data from backup if the data disaster comes from you or your employees...such as mass-deletions (accidental or malicious) or ransomware infections that sync from your computer to the cloud storage. So you need another backup solution if you think these are risks you need to mitigate. (To the best of my knowledge, Microsoft will restore data if the loss/corruption happens at its own data center due to natural disaster or fire, etc.)

Kim

Reviewed on 22/11/2020

OneDrive of a Kind

Describing an overall experience with OneDrive only takes a single statement--I'm with OneDrive of a kind!

Pros

Security. Accessibility. Interface. These three things are the most likeable features of OneDrive that sets it apart from other cloud storages. Its ability to define the "shared by you" and "share with you" makes it secure to track the files casted here and there. It also allows users to track the exact time and exact action taken by the modifier of the file---guest of contributor. Its files are formatted just how documents are formatted in our personal computers' Documents folders. Hence, accessible and easy to understand. Its desktop application version is lovely! So lovely that you could actually think that it's just a normal folder in your pc. And finally, the interface! For a user with tons of files to manage, a clean, minimalist, and sleek interface is very important for me. A well-sorted and neat arrangement of my files that are easily accessible saves me more time to focus on my work rather than sorting my files every now and then. All I say is, this software is 'OneDrive of a kind.'

Cons

Finding out how my OneDrive desktop application's files take space in my hard disk somehow saddened me although I managed to deal with it by just choosing "free up space". This lessens the consumed space in the disk and gives you the option to just download the file whenever needed. But if there is one thing I wish to improve in this software, it would be to totally detached it from the disk space although the app is really actually installed in the pc itself.

Ben

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

OneDrive provides seamless cloud storage baked right in to Windows 10.

OneDrive provides large amounts of seamless, continuous cloud storage at a tremendous value. The integration OneDrive directly into Windows 10 and Microsoft Office make using the software easy and automatic.

Pros

OneDrive is cloud storage at its finest. Invisible, light, automatic. Whenever we create documents in the office, we know they are all backed up. Any time we create new media, organizing it for active and archival storage is simultaneous and uncomplicated. Just as arrange and organize files in File Explorer, OneDrive runs behind you making all the changes in the Cloud, making sure everything is up to date with the latest revisions.

But not only is OneDrive always working, but it's invisible. Unless you need it, OneDrive doesn't interrupt work. This is a game changer compared to other cloud storage platforms. Productivity remains high, with the confidence that everything is working.

Additionally, OneDrive is very light on the CPU. Even in the midst of large file syncs, we never have issues with performance bottlenecks.

Finally, OneDrive is an incredible value. Build right into the fee of Microsoft Office 365 is 1Tb of storage per account. This is more than enough for active cloud storage, and provides plenty of headroom for local and offsite archival sync scheduling.

OneDrive greatly improves team and organizational file and content management through superior and seamless user experience.

Cons

The customer support for OneDrive is adequate, but we have had a few unresolved issues that were disappointing. For example, OneDrive originally granted users unlimited storage, but Microsoft later revised this cap down to 1TB per account. While this is still sufficient for our current needs, not having to worry about storage limits was a nice comfort of the service. Also, OneDrive can, on occasion, have issues with file previewing with various types of media files. Lastly, OneDrive is most useful with Microsoft ecosystems. Other platforms may not be as smooth in user experience.

Stever Jose
Stever Jose

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

Collaborative work and availability of information

Availability of 24x7 information
Collaborate online with the information
To be able to have the information offline, apply changes and be applied to the original file after synchronization.
Increase the collaboration of work teams.
Always have the change history available to avoid loss of information.
Saving of paper printing by being able to share files to be reviewed by other people.
Share information about projects with clients without having to move them on a pendrive.
Save the capacity of the email by sending an email with only the link of the shared file or not the file. this solved us in clients and suppliers that have an email solution that only allows 5mb mail entry and when sending a file of 1 gb it does not reach them, it is solved by sending the url by mail

Pros

The functionality of accessing information via Web or desktop application locally.
The change history is registered
The teamwork collaboration that allows you to edit documents online
Make changes to the offline documentation and apply the changes when connecting to the internet
The storage capacity from the lowest plan is 1 tb to unlimited in other plans.
Microsoft increases the storage capacity in base advances the market without needing to change the subscription plan.
the ability to upload and maintain files up to 15 GB
The ease with which the structure of folders and file shares are managed can be from the root or a single file inside the folder.
To be able to share information for a determined time
that you can share information with customers or suppliers that do not have OneDrive and only need a Microsoft account to identify themselves.
To be able to share information so that the external ones can access anonymously, sharing through a link or QR code (it has disadvantages of not having tracking if it is shared in edit mode)
Levels of sharing, reading or writing.
Use a single application to manage OneDrive files and Sharepoint libraries.
A new functionality that when synchronizing the OneDrive or Sharepoint libraries the files are available locally as cache but all the information is not downloaded until you use them locally (this solves the local space issue to have the information replicated)
Facilitate teamwork is a plus in favor and very important

Cons

When several people have a local library synchronized and your Internet provider fails frequently you can make the upload synchronization be affected by duplicating the information, the good thing that a second file creates, adding at the end of it the name of the computer that you synchronize.
A Collaborator with full access on a folder or file structure eliminates the documents the owner does not know until he / she accesses, I think a notification should be sent to the owner of the documentation to approve said elimination. (Although the recycling bin lasts 30 days information it would be good to make that change to notify)