About Zoho Campaigns

Zoho Campaigns is a cloud-based email marketing software from Zoho's suite of applications. This product enables businesses to reach out and engage with their customers by automating the marketing process, from the creation of...

Browse Zoho Campaigns Reviews

Jj E. Jj E.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

I feel like I'm a beta tester.

Clunky, slow and an overall terrible user experience.

From a distance, it looks shiny with a ton of functionality. But when you actually start using it, you'll see a myiad of small aesthetics that don't look right (loading bar doesn't extend full width, loading dots are blurred) and the loading times are among the slowest for any software I've ever used.

Now all of those things are OK, because functionality is what matters the most, right?

This would be true if the functionality of the platform actually worked as intended. We've run into issues like:

-Duplicating a workflow gets stuck and never duplicates. The bug required Zoho team to fix it on their side which took 3-5 business days.
-Changing a font color for an HTML email doesn't work. You'll see the updated font color in the HTML code, and in the email preview you will see the font color you want. But when you send the email, the font color is almost always wrong.
-Their simple condition filter in their workflow component didn't work originally. I had to speak to their engineering team twice to show them the problem, and then they fixed it 5 days later.

The list goes on and on. I wish this program just worked and I didn't have to write this review.

The one good thing about this software is that their customer service team is very responsive, and they normally fix the problems. But again, I feel like I'm a beta tester working with them through all of these bugs.

I don't recommend this software to anyone.

Pros

Campains has a lot of features out of the box and is a very affordable option for startups looking for an email solution.

Cons

This entire platform is riddled with bugs, quirks, and errors that make your job so much harder. When things don't work, you normally assume you're doing it wrong with most software. Not with Zoho Campaigns.

When things don't work, it's most likely broken on their side. 3 months into using this software every day, and we've already reported 3 different instances where their software was not working as intended.

If I was getting this software for free, that would be OK. But since we're paying hundreds of dollars each month to use it, this is not acceptable.

Campaign Monitor

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Campaigns

Because campaigns was cheaper and had similar functionality. Plus, we are using Zoho CRM so we wanted the two programs to have a seamless sync.
James D. James D.

Reviewed on 11/08/2018

You can’t go wrong with Zoho.

We really like the seamlessness and ease of the Zoho programs, especially the Campaigns program. We use it to send out emails every week or so, and we have yet to encounter an issue that the tech support couldn’t fix. As our experience with Invoice and Campaigns were positive, we are more inclined to use other Zoho programs, especially if their pricing is as reasonable as with Invoice and Campaigns.

Pros

As we currently use Zoho Invoice to manage our invoices and estimates, we decided to try out Zoho Campaigns for our campaign management. It is very easy to use and very easy to teach to clients to which we refer Zoho Campaigns. The price of Campaigns is very reasonable, especially compared to a lot of other campaign programs. I also like the social campaigns, as sometimes it’s more useful to use social media rather than email. It is also handy to allow multiple users post social media campaigns.

Cons

I just wish that there were more customization options available for the email campaigns. There are a few options available, but the ability to design the perfect email from scratch would be handy. There are quite a few good options to get you started, but for those who wish to make the campaign their own, there are not as many features. Even though the program is very affordable for smaller businesses, it scales up rather quickly, especially the jump between 2,500 and 2,501 recipients. However, it is still the best price for the options.

Sadhan S. Sadhan S.

Reviewed on 25/11/2020

Best ever software used for Email Campaigns

Yes I am using since late 2017 and day by day they are improving their features. Their customer support is amazing. I never seen such amazing support provide by any other company.

Pros

There is whole bunch of features they have placed for email marketing campaigns, we used templates where advanced design with call to action segment added, we just putted our information and created our campaign.

There is integration method works very smoothly

Cons

As such I haven't discovered, but yes they can add more IT & Web Services related templates, so user will easily pickup their desired design in that particular field.

Top Zoho Campaigns Alternatives

Brian C. Brian C.

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Intuitive, feature-rich, easy integrations, very affordable.

Overall, Zoho Campaigns has been an exceptional platform for our outbound efforts and we would recommend without reservation.

Pros

My top 4 pros are the following:
Integrates very well with my CRM (also Zoho) and syncs subscibers based upon my list requirements.
Exceptional reporting module delivering both dashboard and deep-dive data (especially when coupled with Zoho Reports).
Very user-friendly. Hired a new Marketing Specialist and she was up and running within hours.
As part of the Zoho One package, there is not a more robust email/social outbound marketing platform on the market at similar dollar investment.

Cons

While the number of pre-designed templates are impressive, it is still somewhat limited.
List segmentation is the only aspect of the system that is less intuitive.

Abigail N. Abigail N.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Free Email and Social Campaign Software.

I've had Zoho for years but never used any other the other tools except the CRM and Zoho Social. While looking for a free email marketing software I remembered Zoho and decided to check if they supported email marketing.

Zoho campaign dashboard and UI is a bit complicated compared to other Softwares, however, once I got over the unfamiliar dashboard design, it was easy to navigate around.

Rather than creating an email campaign, I created a social campaign. Which was easy and straightforward. I linked my Zoho campaign to twitter, LinkedIn, and Facebook. The social campaign feature doesn't seem special at first glance but it is.

One feature which stood out was that under Social campaign, you can create a post campaign or a page campaign. I still don't understand the difference between a post campaign and creating/scheduling posts normally on Zoho Social but what impressed me was the page campaign feature.

A page campaign is a sort of email campaign added as a tab on your facebook page called "My Social Promotion" Most of the templates were unattractive but I preferred building my own template or using their blank/basic template and customizing it to my taste.

While I'm not awed by the email campaign function as it functions almost the same as Benchmark email, I am very impressed with the social campaign.

Pros

Unlike most email marketing software Zoho paid plan is cheap. Even better, Zoho campaign provides value for your money through the social campaign feature. Its' slike a 2-for 1 deal.
Easy to use... Once you get used to the UI

Cons

Some of the campaign templates are rather unattractive, However, they make up for this by providing basic /blank templates for users to customize.

Greg S. Greg S.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

Small Business Perspective

No problems at all using their free items. As a small business it is very helpful to have what Zoho has to offer. Outside of Campaigns, Zoho has many other useful tools that are scalable (typically to the size of your wallet). Good stuff.

Pros

It's very easy to use and provides a decent amount of post-sent analytics (link clicks, where a majority of your e-mails were opened from, etc.) As a data geek, I find that information pretty fascinating.

Cons

Their pre-built campaign layouts are daily limited. It would be much better to have a drag and drop method to laying out the mailers/capaigns.

Gloria angelica M. Gloria angelica M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 06/12/2016

I love zoho campaings

Zoho campaigns has helped me a lot with digital marketing, it is very easy to use in addition to the design and I can also track who open my campaigns and get metrics

Pros

is it easy t use

Cons

no one

Darshan B. Darshan B.

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

zoho campaign is quite great solution for email marketing

overall nice performance

Pros

this is really fast and nice for email marketing.
It really helps in boosting up your sale because it helps to create your emails efficiently and easily.
It even helps to monitor the campaign performance which is really important for any campaign that is live.

Cons

not cost effective as found it to be costlier though the campaign's are great enough.
many more features should be added further.

Mike G. Mike G.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Recent Update is not user-friendly

Pros

This is a great product if you're using it with Zoho's CRM integration because you can pull leads directly into distribution lists.

Cons

The recent interface update is not user-friendly at all. It's hard to navigate and is very glitchy. I am reconsidering Constant Contact.

Alisa C. Alisa C.

Reviewed on 13/12/2016

Emails that tie in directly with your CRM

We started using Zoho CRM and needed an email newsletter (listserv) software to go along with it. Zoho Campaigns integrates with Zoho CRM, so we can sync between the two. We use Zoho Campaigns to send emails to a specific group of contacts - for example: if we want to send a Thanksgiving newsletter to all of our clients.

Templates are easy-to-use, or you can create your email from scratch.

Like Zoho CRM, there is a learning curve, but it's worth taking the time to learn how to use it.

Pros

The fact that this syncs & integrates seamlessly with Zoho CRM makes it a must for Zoho CRM users.

Cons

It takes a little while to figure out the ins and outs and understand how and when it syncs, but it's worth it!

Reviewed on 03/05/2018

Marketing campaigns made easy!

easy and affordable marketing campaign application

Pros

Zoho campaigns has been instrumental in managing our email marketing campaigns to our clients. The templates are easy to use and customize, the price is affordable and it easily integrates with other applications and platforms.

Cons

Emails with multimedia e.g videos take a while to get sent across the mailing list and sometimes do not play on the receiver's end

Ashley M. Ashley M.
  • Used for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/04/2019

Basic automated email and social media marketing campaign

Pros

Probably its best features are the social media integration and the customization of the templates as mobile friendly. Setting up a campaign is quite easy. It has different types of campaigns from newsletter and emails to e-commerce campaigns. The newsletters campaigns can also be posted on Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin. The tracking can be seen under the report tab but involves a lot more digging to get details. Its a good option for a small business as its free for small number of subscribers and campaigns and then a pay as you grow payment plan.

Cons

It can take awhile to learn and get most of its capabilities but it offers lots of helpful resources and guidelines, including ebooks and videos.

Jeanette L. Jeanette L.

Reviewed on 31/08/2016

Convenient and easy to use

Pros

I found Zoho campaigns was very convenient to use since we use Zoho already for CRM. Convenient but does lack some of the features provided by other email campaign management softwares like Mailchimp. Decent for our current list of clients but not to get new ones.

Cons

Limited features but get's the job done. Doesn't have a lot of design capability.

Craig C. Craig C.

Reviewed on 15/09/2017

Can't beat the price

For a start-up company, Zoho has the features needed.

Pros

Great value for the money when comparing all the features a start-up needs. We need to spend money elsewhere as we launch a new company. Zoho allows us to invest in other areas without giving up the basic features we needed.

Cons

Somewhat limited customization and modifications in the entry version. It would be nice to be able to add features without incurring a cost.

Reviewed on 17/02/2019

Like M...chimp, only cheaper and very good (ZOHO ONE Suite)

Pros

Easy to set up
Easy to operate
Support reacts very quickly on all channels
Extremely flexible for all business areas
Benefit from this in connection with ZOHO CRM
Mails are also delivered reliably

Cons

At the moment I can't think of any details there. We are really very satisfied. The only thing I need is an immediate notification of new subscribers instead of the daily summary.

Jose R. Jose R.

Reviewed on 31/07/2018

Track sent emails

Pros

Apart from the currently improved templates, I like the presented reports that allow me to keep track of the emails sent. Additionally, I can generate another quick email for the candidates who opened the previous one. I like that a lot.

Cons

I feel it is a bit complicated to add additional elements such as YouTube videos or buttons to share. I feel that this may improve a bit.

Jacob P. Jacob P.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

Always being able to inform my customers of service updates and new products and services. My customers like hearing from me and this is the best product for me

Pros

I like that I can create a campaign and have the option to come back and finish it later. I also like that I can have a web embed form for my customers to sign up them selves.

Cons

I do not like that my emails are moderated. I think that this should only happen to the first 2 or 3 campaign emails not all of them

Lucy B. Lucy B.

Reviewed on 08/10/2015

Jason J. Jason J.

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

One of the simplest and cost effective Email Marketing Tools available

Pros

Integrates seamlessly with other Zoho Applications, as well as some third party applications including Google Apps. Simple and basic but serves its purpose at a very low cost point and is easy to use.

Cons

Definitely not the most aesthetically pleasing layout and design. Limited integration with third party applications, when compared to other email marketing platforms. Automation feature is not always the most reliable.

Missy H. Missy H.
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 06/09/2017

Zoho Campaigns Review

Pros

It is provided by the Franchise office with our fees so I do not have to pay anything for the product.

Cons

This product is cumbersome and I have found it extremely challenging to work with. It does not coordinate well with my email application. The templates do not easily load or transfer. I have been unable to use it for any campaigns and am paying for mailchimp instead.

• Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 27/07/2018

Implemented in small business application for a short period

Useful for basic applications in small businesses

Pros

User friendly interface - functionality is easy to identify and navigate. Ability to use forms and other data collection is useful.

Cons

Not too many options in terms of being able to set up a full ERP system for the business. Was limited to data capture using forms and storing of information but not the accounting side.

• Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 13/03/2020

Zoho Campaigns is great for emails

We needed an affordable email system that had good features to make a good looking email but still hold special information for each contact. Combining it with Zoho CRM we're able to do that. It's made my life as a marketer much better.

Pros

If you use Zoho CRM it syncs over so you don't have to upload your contact lists and anytime you update a contact in the CRM it'll sync over to campaigns. The email builder is easy to use. You can add whatever information you want for contacts other than the main "name, phone & email."

Cons

The pricing was confusing. I didn't know if going subscriber based would be better than number of emails based. Other than that I've been loving it.

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Email marketing at your fingures now

Pros

The main thing i like about zoho campgain is that it helps is email marketing in a way that you have all the info regarding clicks. Unique clicks, unsubcription and about the customer that don't opend the email.
So it a perfect tool for email marketing

Cons

I don't having any disliking in zoho campagin.

Karen R. Karen R.

Reviewed on 21/07/2017

Awesome value for a super product

A good choice for an easy to use, good functioning product to manage your campaigns.

Pros

Easy to use, variety of useful features, strong tracking and reporting capabilities; support materials are helpful.

Cons

Nothing jumping out so far. Support material is helpful in learning more about how to use the product.

Daniel G. Daniel G.
  • Industry: Human Resources
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 09/12/2016

Good system for sending emails

Zoho Campaigns offers a decent mail system for free. We don't have a huge subscriber database so the free version does what we need. It's not super easy to use at first, but once getting used to its perfectly fine.

Pros

Price (free version) and the pricing after free is reasonable too.

Cons

A bit tricky at first getting used too, could be simpler.