Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

4.2

4.2

About Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Audience Studio is a data management platform (DMP) designed to help businesses deliver personalized marketing experiences by capturing and storing data signals from multiple sources. Advertisers can utilize machine learning...

3.8
3.8
3.9

Browse Salesforce Marketing Cloud Reviews

Imran
Imran

Reviewed on 23/03/2023

Comprehensive Marketing Automation Tool with Powerful Features

Salesforce Marketing Cloud has been a comprehensive and effective solution for our marketing needs, offering a wide range of features and integrations. The Journey Builder feature, in particular, has allowed us to automate our campaigns and engage with our customers throughout their journey.

Pros

The most likable feature of Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the Journey Builder feature, which allows businesses to automate their marketing campaigns and engage with their customers throughout their journey.

Cons

One of the things I dislike about Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the pricing model, which can be quite expensive for small and medium-sized businesses. However, we believe that the platform's features and capabilities justify the cost, especially for larger businesses.

• Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 14/09/2022

Outstanding software in digital marketing

My overall experience on this software is brilliant and i personally refer to my colleague to use it for email marketing.

Pros

It is a brilliant software for email marketing, email automation, social media marketing, leads generation, email management and for effective generation of email.

Cons

I didn't find it any features useless. However, it should be updated with new version.

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Because I'm looking for new software with new and extra ordinary features.

SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Because I find some new and interesting features in Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 04/02/2022

Everything broke all the time and it had a significant negative impact on revenue

Never have I been so frustrated and upset with a platform as I have with SFMC. I run the marketing department for a small e-commerce company and SFMC was the cause of so many headaches. We encountered problem after problem with them (many noted in the "cons" section of this review") and our account manager / customer support was very frequently unable to successfully troubleshoot the issue. My small team had to spend hundreds of hours troubleshooting significant, bottom-line impacting issues caused by the platform with little to no help from Salesforce. At one point, we couldn't send any emails out of the platform for a number of weeks (the platform showed a 0% delivered rate), which, as an e-commerce company, drastically impacted sales and reduced our revenue. We also can't set up basic journeys in the platform, like abandoned carts, browse abandonments, win-back campaigns, post-purchase campaigns, or birthday/anniversary campaigns, meaning our email marketing program relies solely on a stead push of one-off marketing messages.

Unless you have a large IT team with plenty of bandwidth to implement Salesforce and continually troubleshoot it, look elsewhere. SFMC is not a fit product to be on the market

Pros

Robust data features, but difficult to deploy without technical resource

Cons

- Transactional emails randomly turned off for months
- error on SFMCs part caused high SPAM rating on our account, so very few emails on our list were receiving messages
- no conversion tracking
- very little integration with company or Google analytics
- implementation was a nightmare and was never completed
- DMARC/DKIM/SPF never set up
- UX/UI difficult to use
- support was terrible and couldn't even help us set up an abandoned cart email

Top Salesforce Marketing Cloud Alternatives

Rebecca
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Great platform for companies already on Salesforce

Pros

If you're already using other clouds on Salesforce, Marketing Cloud is a great cloud to be on to manage campaigns, automation, and track information all within one system.

Cons

There are a lot of layers, needs a little onboarding assistance to get the hang of it.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/12/2022

Marketing in one platform

Pros

I liked that this is integrated within the SFDC CRM and i do not have to use a separate platform for managing leads and opportunities with sending email marketing and outreach.

Cons

i do not have anything i dislike so far, we constantly use this feature

Outreach

Reasons for Choosing Salesforce Marketing Cloud

functionality, price and staying within 1 platform

Groove
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Reviewed on 31/07/2020

Streer clear of Marketing Cloud if you're a small company

It's 2020 and this product has the UX of the 2000's and a backlog of tech debt and bugs for a premium price. For a small business I'd HIGHLY recommend going with something else. Not only do you pay a PREMIUM price for Marketing Cloud, but you'll also end up spending more time than you should trying to figure out this product.

There are "features" that exist, like data conversion on automations, but you'll have to spend time figuring out that they exist so you can e-mail support and request they turn them on, when they should have just been there in the first place.

Pros

I like that Send Time Optimization was included, this was extra with the previous e-mail marketing product we used.

Cons

First, we ended up in Google's black hole even when following the plan laid out by our integration partner. That you need an integration partner to get a small business setup should have been a huge red flag, but we thought we were stepping up to a more powerful e-mail product.

There are bugs everywhere. Our integration partner had many tips like making sure to unselect an e-mail reselect it and stop and start a trigger to make sure the new e-mail is used, these are things that should be handled by the UX and not tribal knowledge. We used alias in our e-mails to aid in reporting, but sometimes they show up in the report and sometimes it shows the original URL. We opened a ticket and months later it was closed with no resolution, because there's a back end bug in their system that they believed was causing the issue.

There's a lot of duplicated functionality that has different features. Want to manage your data extension you can do it in Email Studio or Contact Builder, BUT the features are different between the two. You can only easily add records in one of them so you have to remember which one you can do a specific action in.

Their reporting is limited on Journey's and you'll need to extract all the data to do any deep dives. You'll need to use Journey's if you want to use send time optimization or any of the AI logic, so you're guaranteed to have to build your own reporting in your own tools. We needed this to realize we were in the Google black hole.

Brandon

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

Salesforce is simply the best

The best thing I can say about our decision to use Salesforce is it has made our company more attractive to potential buyers since we are "already on the same platform." There is power in the crowd.

Pros

Our team loved its usability and intuitive framework. There are other modules we want to buy as soon as we are ready.

Cons

Honestly, there is a lot of work that the third-party consultant had to do to make SF work the way we wanted it to. And this can be expensive.

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Salesforce Marketing Cloud

We felt that by choosing Salesforce we would always have enough support since so many people use it. We definitely could have chosen something cheaper at the beginning; but I doubt it would have been cheaper in the long run.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 05/09/2019

Definitely a step up from MailChimp

Pros

This software makes it easy to build professional looking emails that add all the information you need with drag and drop

Cons

IT is sometimes hard to organize and sort files

Richard
Richard
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/04/2023

Knowledge of customer and company information

It is the basis for activity and project information linked to daily reporting information from customers and employees across the company. All Marketing activities can be quantified, and you can easily understand the bottleneck, the cause and what is happening using the dashboard. In addition, because it can be linked to a wide variety of MAs, it is possible to manage customer data collectively. Employees can also query the information from the smartphone app to check all customer information without wasting time, even when they are away.

Pros

It is possible to manage schedules, customers, projects, etc., but it is excellent that it is possible to customize reports and create systems flexibly. The information needed and the management contents differ for each company and center, but I think the service is agile. At first, getting members to enter data is difficult, but as the number of items entered correctly increases, each salesperson's activities become more apparent. Since it has been possible to capture the characteristics of each member, sales productivity has improved in several ways, such as advice on which items to improve and knowledge sharing if things grow.

Cons

Although bugs occur infrequently, they can temporarily disrupt work because they are irreplaceable and essential tools for the business.

Shantel
Shantel
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 01/12/2023

Great software

Pros

Great software, easy to use once you are trained, one stop for all information you need.

Cons

Many extras but you have to train to learn it all

Brad

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Robust CRM!!!

SalesForce a robust CRM that enables enterprise businesses to use account and customer information to improve customer relations, increase marketing and sales success and extract business data.

Pros

I’ve spent more than 3 years administrating/ consulting for many companies on salesforce implementation and continue to find ways to make it work even better. Salesforce provides one of the most well-integrated, predictable and feature-rich CRM that I’ve worked with and implemented. There are so many ways that I can tailor Salesforce to businesses. This product is one of the most robust platforms out today and is great for any sales team. This CRM helps companies by keeping track of all sales related information. It also offers custom reports which is one of the best features, This will provide companies with business analytics to understand where we need to improve sales processes. I will say as an administrator of this product there is a little learning curve to help a company utilize all of the functionality of this product, but once you have a grasps you will see a huge difference in company sales!!!

Cons

This CRM can be expensive for small-scale business. There are a lot of customizations that would be needed in the implementation process, which adds to cost of development. I would recommend hiring a SalesForce Administrator/Developer for your team for the implementations process and general maintainenece. This would help cut down the cost by not using SalesForce to do it for you, plus I do think their customer support is lacking.

Gitte
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 31/03/2023

Automate Engagement and Optimize Performance

Overall while this is a very expensive tool you can trigger real-time events while customers browse your website and continually adjust their path based on predictive behavior which ultimately increases revenue.

Pros

The biggest solution this solved for me was increased productivity with customers across email and advertising. I was also able to utilize the comprehensive customer data, browsing behaviours and purchase history to optimize my business.

Cons

The cost is the main issue with this tool as well as getting it implemented and set up because of the vast number of features and customization available.

ActiveCampaign

HubSpot Marketing Hub
Noel
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 03/05/2023

My Salesforce Marketing Cloud review 2023

Pros

For me Salesforce Marketing Cloud has wide range of features and capabilities, including:Email Marketing: enables businesses to create, send, and track email campaigns.Mobile Marketing: enables businesses to create and send SMS and push notifications to customers.Social Media Marketing: enables businesses to manage social media accounts, publish content, and engage with customers.Advertising: enables businesses to create and manage advertising campaigns across multiple channels, including social media, search engines, and display networks.So in a nutshell it has all the bells and whistles, i need for my business.

Cons

For this Salesforce Marketing Cloud product, here are just some of the some issues i and a few others have. Complexity: Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a sophisticated platform that can be challenging to set up and configure, especially for businesses without prior marketing automation experience.Price: Salesforce Marketing Cloud can be expensive, particularly for small and medium-sized businesses. The cost of the platform can increase rapidly as businesses scale up their marketing activities.Technical Skills: i personally believe to take full advantage of Salesforce Marketing Cloud's capabilities, businesses need to have skilled developers and technical personnel who can customize the platform and integrate it with other systems.User Interface: Some members have found the user interface of Salesforce Marketing Cloud to be outdated and less intuitive compared to other modern marketing automation platforms.Support: Some of us have reported difficulty in getting timely and effective support from Salesforce's customer service team.Limited Reporting: Some users have also reported limited reporting and analytics capabilities compared to other marketing automation platforms.It's worth noting that our criticisms are not universal, and many businesses have found Salesforce Marketing Cloud to be an effective and valuable platform for their marketing activities.

Mason
Mason

Reviewed on 19/02/2015

The worst....

Going to do a short list here...

-No consistent browser compatibility/takes two browsers to send one email: I have to design & preview emails in Chrome but content does not load in guided send box, so I have to send them via Safari, but in Safari content doesn't load in preview tab, so I'm basically sending blindly once I've created the email in Chrome.

-Lag time: It can take up to one minute for pages to load within the platform. The platform times out on me at least 3 or 4 times a day when trying to navigate through different pages in the console.

-Customer service: Non-existent. The service our account manager has provided has been abysmal. When I tried to communicate these issues they were ignored until I said something on Twitter. He then took them seriously, but to the day, has still never provided me with a resolution, and would not even follow up on progress unless I prompted him by asking where we're at in the process. We also received 3 invoices after paying a massive lump sum, that are apparently due payments on the invoice we've already paid. I've been trying to get ahold of accounting there for a week to no avail. This afternoon I was even transferred to HP (the computer company) when I asked to speak to accounts payable dept. No lie. That really happened.

I could go on for hours... but I have to struggle through their platform to get some more emails out for the rest of the day. We're moving platforms next week and I cannot wait. Our annual cost with the new platform will be less than one quarter with Exacttarget.

tl;dr version: The UX is terrible, customer service is non-existent, and it's massively overpriced. Look elsewhere - avoid at all costs.

Pros

You can send emails....

Cons

Too many to list... Trust me... we tried for over a year. It is not a matter of our email expertise. They are an enterprise, and they treat you like the little man you are comparatively.

Response from Salesforce

Hi Mason,
We are sorry to hear that you're experiencing these issues, and I’m continuing to escalate with our internal team based on your feedback. Would you be willing to share some screen captures of the issues so that we can send them over to our product team?
Thanks,
Katie

Replied 23/02/2015
Russell
Russell
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 05/06/2018

Fantastic Platform For Marketing

You get the benefit of an easy to use email platform, and the ability to automate workflows to enhance the personation of your customers.

Pros

There's a lot that we use the marketing cloud for. Automation, email, journey builder, etc. It's something that helps us work with such a massive audience. We can send emails easily and import our own templates. It's also great for automating workflows and building out dynamic emails to save time in the future. You're really able to dig into personalization with this tool and really connect with your customers.

Cons

The customer support. The support is horrible. You have to call this number (if you can find it) and then bounce around an automated system that usually ends with a message to check the online forums for help. If you have any kind of emergency or need help ASAP you're not going to get it.

Reviewed on 13/03/2023

Salesforce experience cloud review

I have noticed it is much easier to contact a long list of patients per day and speeds us the process by making the call data more organized.

Pros

I thought Salesforce to be very user friendly and easily navigable. The home page is very clear as to which tabs pertain to what. My favorite feature is being able to change the tab names into the specific criteria I need for example one of them is "Patients" and another is "Call Interactions," this way you can build your own easily navigable website.

Cons

There are no features I disliked about Salesforce Experience Cloud

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 19/04/2019

Complete Platform for growing Marketing needs. Empower you to make right decisions!

I am very happy using salesforce marketing cloud and have been using for years now. We are able to manage all our marketing effort in a more efficient and discipline manner and support our sales team throughout the sales cycle. It's difficult to justify ROI on marketing, but with salesforce marketing cloud we are able to justify our spends on various campaigns since they are yielding high results.

Pros

Analytics that you can drill down related to any specific activity (open rate, click ratio, engagements). You can manage all your marketing programs from various channel under the same platform.

Cons

It needs a little learning before you start using it in a efficient manner. UI can be a little more friendly to all the users. Importing/ exporting files can sometimes get corrupted. Having said, it's the best in its space.

• Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Review

I love Salesforce products. I think investing in the cloud solutions was one of the best decisions my team has made. We are able to manage our social channels with ease.

Pros

If you are using other Salesforce Cloud solutions this easily integrates into your overall marketing strategy. The support team is very helpful and answers question in a timely fashion. They are great to work with!

Cons

If you don't use other Salesforce Cloud solutions you won't get all the benefits of this tool. It really helps to use all Saleforce products if you want synergy among all of your initiatives. It is a costly investment, but if you are willing to spend the money the cloud solutions can really help grow your business and make your team more efficient.

Rhonda
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 21/12/2018

There is a reason everyone recognizes the name!

We recently implemented the SalesForce marketing cloud platform and have had great success. The implementation was more challenging than expected however we had very specific needs and required a lot of data transfers to make the service work they way we intended. The training was fairly easy and once the employees embraced the process, increased overall productivity. Friendly formats and personal expressions give each team member their own look and allow them to be productive on their own skill level. The team emails were out of hand and this product helped manage the interactions and keep everyone in the loop without wading through the email mess!

Pros

All encompassing product. The customizable options are amazing. Easy to access for remote and in-house employees.

Cons

On the higher pricing scale. implementation can be tricky, may need to modify your current workflow to accommodate the best use.

Nathan

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

Powerful Marketing Solution

Pros

When you connect all the different pieces of Salesforce software that are applicable to your organization, the results are astonishing. Having used other CRM and Marketing Softwares and having to integrate the two was far more difficult than using the various aspects of Salesforce. It is fantastic to have it all in once place. It connects easily to Google Suite apps and is overall easy to use for the technically inclined and after a little training your less technically inclined employees will have no problem with it.

Cons

For those that are not technically inclined, the learning curve can be difficult. The integration of a large business application can be extremely lucrative, however the kick starting period can be a turn off. For small businesses that have multiple solutions to the problems that Salesforce can solve, the transition period can be difficult to cope with.

Cat
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

Greatly disappointing

Ultimately we are switching from Marketing Cloud because the price is too high for all the headaches and because we use a limited amount of the functionality anyway since we just need the email marketing component.

Pros

The email builder is very easy to use and the ability to specify a preheader was greatly appreciated.

Cons

Hard to pick what was worst - terrible customer service, despite paying for Premiere Support it often took days to get problems solved (and updates were constantly causing new problems), or the fact that the answer to every question was either no or an upsell.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 03/04/2019

Really helps us keep our drip campaigns running smooth.

Pick a good vendor, that is the crucial aspect of the roll out. With a bad vendor, the turnover is dangerous to your projects completion date and it's bottom line.

Pros

The whole baked out process is easy to understand and roll out, using the tool to manage email campaigns and other selling tools is a real revenue generator!

Cons

As with anything Salesforce, it looks good until you sign the contract, then you see all the hidden add-ons and expenses you need to get the tool actually doing what you want. Be prepared to spend more than they tell you!

Craig

Reviewed on 14/03/2017

SalessForce Craig

I work in SalesForce and rely on it's object and workflow rules to manage our data that we are using. SalesForce is powerful but not the most intuitive software to use on day to day basis. I have gained appreciation for the workflow rules, process builder and approval rules that allow for custom made SalesForce functions to help manage our data structures and data that we pass between our visual pages.

Pros

Ability to manipulate and change data structures on the fly to account for different processes. Also the plug-ins and ability to tie in things such a docusign, conga workflow are among some of the reasons SalesForce will continue to attract so much business.

Cons

Not intuitive and can be a bit of a pain to navigate through the various ways to get through anything.

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Not user friendly, poor design

Pros

The only good part about Salesforce Marketing Cloud is the fact that technically speaking, you can utilize complex workbooks and send information and targeted marketing campaigns to very specialized groups. However, that perk isn't worth the other struggles.

Cons

I wish I could limit the number of things I dislike about this software. The e-newsletter design function is nearly useless unless you can code HTML, and the preview emails you see never match what ends up in your inbox. Further, the e-newsletters don't cooperate with Outlook, which is frustrating since both are Microsoft products. Little changes (such as swapping a textbox and image) require creating a whole new section of the e-newsletter, rather than drag and drop functionality - which is what you get for many, more cost effective products.
Creating email lists is also overly complicated, and I frequently get errors for things the program should be able to sort out - such as having several lines of text rejected because of an extra space following an email. For its cost, I should not have to cull through a thousand-email-long spreadsheet seeking out extra spaces.

Michelle
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 10/10/2017

Versatile platform with many possibilities!

Tons of resources!
Look on the community site for answers to your questions or just to see what is possible!
Make sure someone goes through the training modules online-Trailblazer

Pros

You can hire a consulting company to change Salesforce to fit your business needs if you don't have the time or knowledge to do so (we hired Cloud Creations on the referral from our sales manager). The community is so large and expansive that you could easily find a fix to any sort of business problem you are having. We really needed a platform that integrated with our home grown system and made sure that all of our departments were talking to one another. We chose Salesforce because of its ability to be shaped and molded based on our business model. And you can adapt as your company grows-change things, add things, do whatever you want!

Cons

It did take some months to get our version of Salesforce to be where we wanted it, but for other companies that had more IT resources or time to devote to it would probably not take as long. Make sure you have a project manager or person dedicated to its success and implementation internally or it might not get adopted within your company.