DoorDash Reviews

About DoorDash

DoorDash is a food ordering and delivery platform that connects customers with local restaurants and businesses. DoorDash empowers merchants to grow their businesses by providing an on-demand delivery fleet, data insights, and...

4.1

Browse DoorDash Reviews

Faith
Faith
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 25/04/2022

DoorDash is apart of the future.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use this app. I also love the interface.

Cons

I have no cons or what I liked least about DoorDash.

Alexis

Reviewed on 08/12/2023

DoorDash for Food

Pros

I like how easy it is to use DoorDash. I often order food because, as a teacher, I have a very short lunch break. Since I am not able to go out to get food, I need to order when I wasn't able to prepare a meal beforehand. DoorDash always delivers in a timely manner. It is easy to communicate with the driver. The fees charged are the same as other companies, if not less. There are also promotions that can be used, which makes the experience better.

Cons

One thing I dislike about DoorDash is that it doesn't have as many restaurants as other similar services. If it had more options, I would order more frequently.

Rudy
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 16/04/2023

Dash away your hunger on Doordash

It helps order from little known restaurants. The app also works well, and doesn't freeze like some of the others.

Pros

All the restaurants available on it. It has the restaurants you can find on the other apps and them some! I am of Haitian descent and they were the only app that had some Haitian restaurants in Queens, NY when I wanted to order food for my mother who still lives near those restaurants.

Cons

It's a pretty good app in terms of features and functionality, BUT it does not give you deals like Uber Eats does. When I used to live in Jersey City Uber Eats gave me promotions, and TONS of restaurants that had "Buy One Get One" free. I lived in those free meals throughout the Pandemic! It legit helped survive financially during those difficult months.

Seamless.AI and GrubHub

Reasons for Switching to DoorDash

The availability of restaurants in the area I was ordering food from.

Top DoorDash Alternatives

Kelsey
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 07/12/2023

Convientcey

I liked the flexability to work, it was a cool little side job

Pros

I like that I could go out and work anytime I felt like it. It's really cool the way it works and makes everybody lives a lot easier with food being delivered to your door

Cons

Sometimes food gets delivered cold, and the lines to pick up the food can take a super long time . It also takes alot of gas to get paid $4 per order and sometimes not even get a tip

Joshua
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 18/01/2023

Almost Too Easy to Order Food

DoorDash is a great product that makes food delivery incredibly easy. It can be expensive and there can be mistakes with the order, but the overall benefits outweigh the bad parts.

Pros

DoorDash has made it almost too easy to order food online and have it show up to your door in under an hour. They have an impressive display of restaurants to order from. The app got even better lately with the integration of grocery shopping and picking up your packages.

Cons

The thing I like the least about the software is the added cost that is baked into every item. If I compare the prices on the app to the prices at the restaurant, it is inflated by a significant amount on the app. There are also a decent amount of mistakes to your order when you get it.

Alexander
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

DoorDash is a convinient way to get your food and groceries delivered to your door.

Overall I have had a positive experience and 9 out of 10 times the delivery was completed without any issues.

Pros

DoorDash is a convenient and relatively affordable option to get restaurant food and groceries delivered to your door.
Overall I had a positive experience with very few exceptions using the DoorDash over the last few years.

Cons

Sometimes the items show as being available on the app but after the order is placed there is a notification that the grocery or restaurant food item is not available.

Shanice
Shanice
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 04/05/2022

Good App to Use

It was rough at first due to pandemic changes it has gotten better with the errors of communication.

Pros

I like the variety of things to order and the ability to have multiple orders it once

Cons

I dont lime the fact that refunds only are in dash cash instead of full returned on catd

Kathleen

Reviewed on 31/10/2023

DoorDash

It’s always been good. Minus some small issues overall it’s still useable for all end users.

Pros

The ease of access for both driver and customer. Overall functional platform with minor issues.

Cons

The idea they employ where they believe that awarding good behavior with additional opportunities to work is a reward at alll.

Jamie

Reviewed on 31/08/2023

Good to utilize if you don’t have delivery drivers

Overall it has been good

Pros

It helps us get our food and beverage items delivered to our customers as we are not able to hire a delivery driver ourselves. Given that there is a fee, we are able to mark up our items slightly to make up for that.

Cons

When we make menu or price changes, the app often will not sync up with our system.

Clint
Clint

Reviewed on 30/11/2023

Good but Expensive

Pros

It simplifies the process of putting together a group order for a meal to be delivered.

Cons

It's awfully expensive when you factor in fees and some prices are inflated when compared to the restaurant's website on top of that.

Germaine

Reviewed on 12/01/2023

Good Investment

It has been a predominately good experience. Customer service is generally good (sometimes a bit hard ton understand) They usually resolve issue quickly.

Pros

Ease of Use, High Frequency Traffic, Increase orders and store awareness

Cons

The high price/ percentage taken is a bit much. It has caused me to raise costs of online orders

GrubHub
Shashank

Reviewed on 13/09/2022

Miles ahead of the competition

Very useful service overall. Highly recommend.

Pros

1. Doordash almost never goes wrong with their deliveries, which are accurate and on-time.
2. I have used its competitor services in multiple areas, but they are all so far behind Doordash.
3. When Doordash was delivery partner of Walmart, they did a great job delivering groceries efficiently
4. Discounts

Cons

1. I kept getting notifications that I am eligible for a discount, but the promo codes never worked when I used them. This was very annoying. I have planned to order just because of promo codes, only to be disappointed later
2. Often there is $1-2 difference in prices between dining in and online, which is really disappointing.

Ayush

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

Personal Review

I am a student doing my masters in software development, this software has helped me understanding the various aspects that help a software run smoothly and how different features can be added without making the software too complicated to use.

Pros

The best thing about this software is the ease of use, even a new user can easily navigate through the app. I personally love the various filter options that are provided for selecting the various cuisines, delivery times, discounts and various other factors.

Cons

The thing I like least about this software is how sometimes it takes a lot of time to assign a dasher to the order due to which the delivery time gets delayed sometimes.

Nicole
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 07/09/2022

My go-to for food delivery

Pros

DoorDash allows used to search food and goods by location, category, etc. They have expanded from just food delivery, and list important information on the main screen so users do not have to navigate back and forth between a menu screen of all restaurants/stores to individual ones for information such as distance, delivery free, and rating. The app also allows users to categorize by ratings, under 30 minutes, and price. I use DoorDash with my Chase credit card (annual fee) which includes free DashPass, delivery, and $5 per month towards an order.

Cons

As with most delivery apps, food/good prices are increased so you may be paying more for a meal that you would pay less for in person directly as the restaurant, but you are paying for convenience. Some restaurants also list expensive delivery charges, however if you pay for the DashPass, the fee should be waived.

Shalawn
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 09/12/2022

Hardeman's Bar-B-Que recommends DOORDASH!

DOORDASH has always led the pack for third party online orders at our restaurant.

Pros

It integrates with Toasttab and makes my job easier.

Cons

Really, there are no cons since the integration.

Amanda
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/04/2022

Convenience is Nice but not Without it's Pitfalls.

I use Doordash but only when time is too hectic to pick up myself. It's a bit overpriced so it's only an occasional use.

Pros

The convenience is nice to have. The ability is have food delivered is great.

Cons

The higher prices on top on all the other charges isn't fun, The slow waits at times are great. the lack of customization.

Burton
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

DoorDash? Yes Please!

100% satisfaction. A must try for those who haven't yet.

Pros

Ease of access and user friendly interface were well thought out. It's my go-to when I need my order in a "dash."

Cons

I honestly have no complaints. Way to go DoorDash!

Dheerasara
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 30/06/2021

Easy food

Very happy

Pros

Easily order whatever food we want, Time saving. No need to go out in pandemic times. user friendly, has a good customer complain service. Very good with dash pass.

Cons

Sometimes pictures of food are missing. It is better to have food pictures all the time so customers can select food easily.

Angel

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

A little more money but better business!

My experience with door dash has overall, been a good one. Two thumbs up.

Pros

Doordash makes it easy for customers to place orders and as a business it is important to know our product reached its correct destination

Cons

I don't like how much more it is than other products.

Reviewed on 10/12/2022

Great for group orders or individual

This is a quick way to get a ton of food to many people.

Pros

The app is extremely easy to use and pretty accurate when it comes to pricing and delivery times.

Cons

I have not really had any issues. Maybe that some competitors have larger options of stores from ordering from.

Maria
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 09/07/2022

Love Doordash

Pros

I like that is clean, simple and an efficient app. It’s easy to order, see when your order will arrive and where my delivery driver is

Cons

Too many extra fees, and I’ve heard the drivers don’t get paid a decent wage

Anushay
  • Industry: Design
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

Great, if you fall in the area!

I mostly use DoorDash to gift food to friends and family on special occasions. I really like that it has a feature to allow that and comes with a digital card to send along!

Pros

This is a great app. It has some really nice features that make it easy and convenient to order food for yourself and also to gift food to others!

Cons

Unfortunately the app has a very limited database of restaurants and service locations. My present location still only serves 9 restaurants!

Aaron
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 13/08/2021

DashPass for the Win!

Pros

Wow! The convenience with this app is out of this world! I no longer need to step aside to get food.

Cons

UPCHARGES! ARGH! Some restaurants have high upcharges so beware!

manoushka
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 07/04/2022

DoorDash For employees

My overall experience has been good! You can have them do contactless delivery (leaving it at your front door) or hand it to you. I had one driver drop off at the wrong door but Doordash customer service fixed the issue quickly.

Pros

I like Doordash because it is easy and convenient for those that want to order pick up or delivery.

Cons

The fees can add up fast. There is a monthly subscription of 7.99 for those that order a lot and that maybe the best saving option, other wise the delivery, tax, fees can add up quick.

Rhianna
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 03/06/2021

DoorDash is a lifesaver!

Door Dash was a lifesaver during the pandemic when contactless delivery was necessary, and even now having the option to have food delivered when busy or not feeling well.

Pros

DoorDash is easy to navigate showing all available options in your area, timing and the menu. I love how inexpensive it is and the fact it has special offers. The ability to send food and giftcards to others Is also a sweet bonus feature.

Cons

I think there needs to be more options for food/restaurants