About eHopper

eHopper is a cross-platform point-of-sale software designed for small size retail stores and available for Windows, Android, iOS and Poynt Smart terminals. In addition to the POS module, eHopper offers a suite of applications...

Browse eHopper Reviews

Wendy H.
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 26/08/2018

Great for large-scale events!

My overall experience was good, except for my credit card being charged for another month of full access to the software. I had made it abundantly clear I only needed the license for 1 month and nowhere did it say the license would auto-renewed/charge my credit card. Further to that when speaking to support (I did that a lot), I was told that access to the software would automatically cease after my month was up if I didn't make another payment before then -- this was exactly what I wanted and had no reason not to trust what eHopper told me. That has unfortunately left me a bit disappointed and not too keen on doing business with the company again if I fair resolution to the issue can't be accomplished.

Pros

What I like most about this software is the user-friendly interface both for the back office and pos software on tablets. Also a big bonus is syncing in real-time as it allows me to share information with my team on the progress of our event. One of the biggest motivators to a team that received almost 15,000 guests is hearing how much of each product was sold because it's more than just a number. What has to be taken into consideration is the kitchen staff, our food line servers, and the prep work leading up to our event. . . all things that contributed to our numbers/sales.

Cons

I'd have to say the transaction warnings. I had paid for the full license but some of my cashiers (1 had 4), were locked out of the POS software. During a weeklong event that saw 15,000 patrons that was a nightmare. Thankfully, eHopper support (Monsur and his manager) came to the rescue and set up backup accounts for us and my trouble-shooting helped get us back up and running.

Keith E.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

MY eHopper Experience

Pros

The eHopper POS Station is a great POS for the hospitality industry.
The customer service was great, there is never a flawless reboot and they helped with every hurdle
The POS is very cost effective as well

Cons

They do not add logo's to receipt
They do not add logos's to the POS screen in sleep mode

Response from eHopper

Thanks Keith. We really appreciate the response. You're right, while no project is without flaws, we prepare to tackle every hurdle as they arise. Custom logo displays are on our road map. Thanks for choosing eHopper.

Replied 28/08/2018
Laurie T.

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Vape shop review

Customer service is where it's at with E-Hopper! Any issues we have with the software are promptly addressed by technicians who know what they are doing and go above and beyond to help us fix our problems- even when it is user error!

Pros

It is easy to use and understand. I like the tabs and the matrix options for different sizes or nicotine levels!

Cons

I have not figured out how to transfer data to my Quick Books Destktop.

Top eHopper Alternatives

Gencho T.

Ehopper

Pros

Easy to work.
Best price on the market.

Cons

Need a lot improvement.
Need more reporting options

Response from eHopper

Gencho, we love to hear that you enjoy eHopper's intuitive controls + ease of use. Stay tuned, many more Reporting options are due soon!

Katherine Z.
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Great System and Great Service!

Beautiful software and hardware, simple to setup, amazing customer service. Would recommend to anyone looking for an easy-to-learn solution for their business. Support has always been available whenever needed and their team resolved all issues quickly and efficiently.

Pros

It is beautiful and simple to learn. Very user friendly.

Cons

The software is great, can't think of anything I don't like

Derrick H.

Reviewed on 28/09/2016

Gets the job done for my store!

eHopper POS has been a great system for use in my hobby shop. It was easy to set up and add my inventory to the system as well getting my hardware up and running. The service from my account manager and the support team was also great. Best of all, the price was right. Definitely reccomended.

Pros

Very easy to use, not complicated at all.

Cons

Could use some additional features in regards to accounting.

Sebastian F.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

This POS is awesome!!!

Pros

I love it. Both for employees and "back office" work. Its very easy to fix problems, make echanges quickly, and user friendly. Other POS system take a long tine to train staff. This is almost self explanatory and little time is spent training.

Penny M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 06/06/2016

Ok product, terrible customer support and sales.

Pros

The system itself works great, but they pair it with a PAX credit card terminal that I don't like. It's not wireless and you would have to drag a long cord across the bar area in order for someone to input their PIN. We own a bar and we don't keep the cash register, to which it is attached, on the front bar. They don't currently have a wireless solution for this.

Also, we are on a 2 month trial and there wasn't supposed to be any charges to our account, until the 2 months was up and we were satisfied with the service. They immediately charged my credit card and have been charging my checking account, which has now occurred twice. Been trying to get them to refund my money and send a return, so that I can do away with this system. The sales guy refuses and keeps trying to resell me.

Cons

The customer support and sales. The product itself is fine.

Hayden P.
  • Industry: Printing
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 04/07/2020

Poor communication with eHopper - scammers!!

horrible! Wouldn't recommend to anyone.

Pros

You'll never see bad reviews about eHopper as it is hard to find any reviews for them. We started setting up at the start of 2020, started the setting up process and then we have been ghosted ever since and we have still yet to hear off [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] about having our tills set up, but sure they take out the direct debit each month without fail and it's been quite a few months now.

Cons

customer service is terrible. Why sell a software that some customers never get chance to use because you don't help us set it up .

Marie-helene M.
  • Industry: Dairy

Our new pos

Pros

Easy to use and affordable! Great customer service.

Cons

Still missing few options like traffic report...

Response from eHopper

Thanks Marie-Helene, very please to hear you are happy with eHopper's Support team!

Jacob C.

Reviewed on 24/08/2018

Still missing a few things

Its been frustrating but were still hanging in there

Pros

Clock in and out, inventory services, potential commence integration

Cons

The fact that if something is in a matrix we can't see the total quality of USD of stock we have for that particular item

Laz R.

Reviewed on 05/03/2018

Iryna P.

Reviewed on 14/05/2020

Used be a good one; however, now it is horrible

Will be GLAD TO LEAVE this POS asap due to a terrible customer support.

Pros

Back in 2018 the support was awesome, they went an extra mile in order to sustify their customers.

Cons

Now is 2020 the customer support is the worst in the world. For example, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (if you hear her name, pls hang up and don't waiste your time!!) she waisted 20+ mins of my precious time, she accused me that I'm not paying for the software, as well as she cannot find mb e in the system and stated that I'm a free member who is NOT going to get help. On my question how about the monthly charges for 2 registers that I'm paying for 2 years, she retorted it is for the devices (however, the devices were paid in full 2 years ago!) I cannot believe they hired her.
If you got a dummiest technician on the phone, like I did on May 12th, whose answers are "... I can't find an article... I don't know the answer...!" That's the sing to LEAVE this company.
On my request to transfer my phone call to a manager, I got yelled by [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and he screamed at me like a crazy person.
That the real face of the technical support right now in 2020.

Olivia M.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 22/04/2019

Pros

I've used eHopper at many sushi restaurants in the city and I find it makes for a more seamless dining experience.

Cons

No cons. I wish more restaurants and service-based business would use this type of interaction.

Response from eHopper

Thank you Olivia for your feedback! We are extremely happy to hear that eHopper benefits your business. We are working very hard to continuously better the system. Thanks again!

Cletus S.

E Hopper review

Pros

Simple to setup and get running. Competitively priced for entry level point of sale.

Cons

Reports and features are lacking. Reports are limited in what they provide. Receipts are hard to find in the system for voids. Sales and customer promotions are difficult to manage. New versions are delayed.

Response from eHopper

Cletus, we really appreciate you taking the time to submit a review. Feedback from our users is one of the most valuable tools in our development kit. We are working every day to fully expand our reporting capabilities. Someone from our team will reach out soon to see if there any specific questions or concerns for your business we might be able to address.

Alicia F.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 19/10/2018

Software

Do not like it at all

Pros

Do not like nothing at all!!! To many steps and not user friendly

Cons

It is not user friendly and the reports are not what i like for break down.

Response from eHopper

We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with eHopper POS, Alicia. We are always working to improve our reporting functionality, and user feedback like this is incredibly valuable to our overall process. If there is anything specific we could do to improve your experience, or to get a better sense of your unique business needs for things such as reporting features, we would be happy to reconcile however we are able.

Jose A.

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Pros

It is very easy to use and very organized

Cons

It is hard to find the url link for back office and pos

Response from eHopper

Thank you Jose! You can always access Back Office at https://bo.ehopper.com/

Lisa G.

Reviewed on 14/12/2016

Great software

I love this software. My only critique would be the ability to put products in alphabetical order. Otherwise this software does as much, or more, than a lot of paid Point of Sale systems.

Duane M.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 26/09/2019

Our Implementation

Extreme lack of support and or communication, constant login and licensing issues, overall as a POS it would be fine but you get what you pay for as they say. We ended up blowing it up, losing data, and ultimately going to VEND.

Pros

Ease of use, price point. During the free trail it seemed that this product would work as we are still small and new but you must consider future growth as well.

Cons

Lack of reporting, lack of customization IE receipts, entries required that don't make sense, IE departments that don't display anyways, constant time outs on back end and needing to constantly log in, lack of integration with Moneris - an ongoing problem since the latest apple update.

Lightspeed Retail, Shopify and Vend

Reasons for Switching to eHopper

Price regrettably, even though I saw the poor reviews I thought we were small enough after the trial that it would work out fine but you need to consider future growth and reporting capabilities.

Response from eHopper

Thank you for you valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience. We are always working to improve our functionality and support. In terms of customer support, we have added additional resources with 24/7 support. Thanks again!

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Ehopper review

Pos is easy to use. Back office works with Excel which I like.

Pros

Easy to use pos. Anyone can use checkout.

Cons

Difficult connecting to Quickbooks. Although I have just recently tried.

Response from eHopper

Thank you! If you are still having trouble syncing your point of sale with Quickbooks, please, don't hesitate to reach out directly to [email protected] and we'll be sure to get you set up.

Sheng A.

Reviewed on 12/11/2019

Amazing app

Very happy with ehopper. Works well on tablets and PC. Does not work on phones

Pros

Ehopper is absolutely wonderful. Super easy, clear and professional looking interface. Allows for easy transactions and quickbooks integration. Really good customer support.

Cons

To really unlock it's full potential you have to purchase the subscription. I would love to just pay a one time fee and be done with it but it seems everything is going in the way of subscriptions.

Clara H.

Reviewed on 06/02/2020

Thanks for the great service

Always prompt and helpful customer service. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is a great associate there, happy to know we can count on a person we have a report with to help and not a random person every time we call.

Pros

Its organized and easy to use, it tracks information well and accessibly

Cons

It stalls out sometimes and doesn't remember credit cards, sometimes there is a delay in the response when typing. Setting up the back office menu is not very good. I want to have a home screen with the most accessed products, but when you ad them to the menu they all automatically shift and its frustrating. The dual screen would be cooler if it were touch screen so customers can sign for credit cards on the opposing screen instead of having to turn the whole ehopper unit to get a signature.

Oliver A.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Bad support

Their support team does not help if you have an Epson Printer....

Pros

Not sure what to say here as mainly posting for the bad support

Cons

support is not consistent... we are located in South Africa...we have an issue with our printer.
Epson printer.... we have to wait until 6pm for someone to help us eventually... and after 20 minutes the support says he can't fix issues with an Epson printer, not supported by their system.... sorry but that is a Joke...

Response from eHopper

Thank you for the valuable feedback! We are very to sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with eHopper POS We are always working to improve our functionality, and user feedback like this is incredibly valuable to our overall process.

Ernie A.

Reviewed on 28/06/2017

Perfect for my Jamaican Food Truck ... BEST SOFTWARE I TRY YET

Pros

Technology is very hard for me and eHopper was very easy. The features were straight were exactly what i needed as a first time food truck owner.

Cons

Nothing really except maybe that it was login was challenging at times but once i figured it out I got the hang of it. I felt that everything in the beginning is hard but since it was free to use i could not complain. I hope to grow and afford the monthly fee.

Suella V.

Reviewed on 30/09/2016

Great Experience

Our experience with ehopper has been pleasant so far. Someone is always available to address any concerns we may have and the software itself is a breeze to use.

Pros

Its mostly self explanatory and doesn't require much instruction to use.

Cons

It wasn't built to cater to a floral shop, but it works nonetheless.