About Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Mad Mobile provides an easy-to-use POS that owners will learn like a pro in a short amount of time. The restaurant management system takes care of everything in one place with integrated online ordering, curbside pickup,...

4.7

Browse Mad Mobile Restaurant POS Reviews

Ed

Reviewed on 27/06/2018

Affordable, Effective, and easy to use POS System

I got an affordable, and effective solution for my POS system needs. We all have found the menus and programming to be easy

Pros

The price is the most attractive feature, as well as the ease of use. The flexible and affordable monthly payments are nice too.

Cons

Can't use terminal when someone is using the manager functions on other terminal. There are some short delays in running reports at times.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thanks for your review, Ed! We are happy to hear that you are finding a lot of value and ease of use with your CAKE Point of Sale. We appreciate your feedback, I will pass this on to our Product Team. I know we are working on making a few improvements to reporting that will be coming out soon.

Replied 02/07/2018
Braden

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Who Doesn't LOVE CAKE?

The data that CAKE provides me is incredibly valuable to our business. We love it!

Pros

We don't spend any time on training new team members to use our POS System (CAKE). Seriously, it's so easy we show them a few features and they are running it like a pro on day one. That in it's self has saved us a ton of payroll we use to spend on training.
From a ownership perspective, we have four locations and I'm able to track them from my central office, Wonderful!

Cons

Negatives only fall on one piece of the equipment. The cash drawer and the insert in it are not built for the type of abuse they can take in some operations. I wish there was an option to purchase extra drawer inserts.
There are no other negatives about CAKE.

Square Point of Sale, Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

To provide my customers a better more efficient experience and to allow our team members an easy to use system that we as owners could easily track.

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Cake seemed to have a more durable product. The biggest reason was....When I spoke with all the sales staff from the different companies the CAKE representatives were the only ones that never talked negatively about their competitors. That let me know they didn't need to degrade the other guys, they had faith in the system they were selling. I now have the same faith in CAKE.
Vangjel

Reviewed on 10/04/2021

If you don't want features that will help your restaurant grow this is it.

Benefits - very few, its a processing and pos basic.
Issues - many, but do get resolved.
Features - literally almost nothing. you get basic reporting.
We switched to Toast.

Pros

Its useful that this POS offers 3 party features to install, to bad you gotta pay of them.
Reports are easy to understand, what comes in and what your taxes are.
Easy point of sale to use for your staff.

Cons

Alright after 2+ years of using Cake here it is for you guys.

1. On the phone with customer service probably 4 - 6 times a month. This is from reporting / dashboard issues, POS issues.

Reporting issues: about 2 times a month we have to call about some kind of labor reporting issue and takes the engineers around 1 to 4 days to fix. Note - same issue occurs, another day or so for engineers to fix.

Dozens of times we will be on the phone with a customer service rep, and both them and I will be having issues loading the reports to examine them. One time we were literally both waiting over 25 minutes for it to load.

As a restaurant one of the best reports you could have is when the system literally tells you the cost of EVERYTHING.
Ya, you won't be getting this with cake. Sure, you can add the cost of a single item to you (why even have this feature if it doesn't deduct it for you) but it wont deduct it for you at the end of the day. You'll have to do this on your own to figure out what it actually cost you.

Cake takes into account on recommendation that their customers give them, I think and thats at least what they say except their features are almost non-existent. No marketing, No rewards, very basic reporting.

Their hardware is super expensive, our kitchen printer stopped working and they quoted us like $450, I found it on amazon for $115.

Just remember the 2.50% + $.10 a swipe, will actually really be costing you 3.50%. I could go on but I'm limited on characte

Top Mad Mobile Restaurant POS Alternatives

Restaurant Manager by Action Systems

BPA Restaurant Professional

ChaseData CCaaS

Jojo

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Must have “POS”

Overall Cake is head and shoulders above the rest! If you are thinking of going with Harb.rt.uch think again!!! Cake will put all other systems to bed!!

Pros

The system is extremely easy to operate and customize

Cons

Everything seems to be exactly how it should be

Clover and Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Processing fees, per swipe fees, monthly fees, cost of product free.... not free.... etc! Cake has saved me $875+ Month after month

Harbortouch POS

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

The cost plus simplicity of the product along with the diversity made the decision extremely easy!!! Oh now I get to work with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]!!!! If you and your team can’t figure something out she will!!!
Kevin

Reviewed on 28/09/2021

CAKE is simply the BEST

A++++++++++++++++++ System and customer service!!!

Pros

The accessibility, functionality, storage and speed of the system in general. THE SEARCH BAR OMG!!!!

Cons

The chip readers inconsistency. The inability to be able split items more than 1 in a time.

Clover and TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Honestly... The tipping point was the card fee. But since then it has been awesome. Why we are staying put!!!

TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Everything said in the comments before
Matthew

Reviewed on 03/02/2022

We’ve used Cake for 2 years now

It’s been very good overall. Great customer service.

Pros

It’s user friendly. Once my employees use it for a couple hours they pick it right up.

Cons

We were unable to set up our online ordering from the table. There were too many steps for the clients to take.

It was too slow

Restaurant Systems Pro

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Our food purveyor Sysco set us up with cake.
Jodine

Reviewed on 19/07/2019

Best System Yet!

The rep, our contact person at Cake, is AWESOME!!! :)

Pros

User-friendly, love that we can make changes off-site, looking forward to using their Guest Manager program and online ordering!

Cons

We wish the pizza part of their system was easier to use. Half & Half pizzas are almost 50% of our orders, and it is not the easiest to enter on this current version. The only think we liked better with one of our former systems, is that it showed an actual picture of a pizza and we could click and drag toppings from one side to the other. Much easier and better visually. We are hoping Cake implements this in the future. :) (Hope that helps).

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Referral from another restaurant owner, and I actually used their system before making the decision to switch.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Strictly on our referral. We never tried Toast. And, we primarily use Sysco, who is the food vendor who supports Cake.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Best System Yet?

Thank you for your kind words Jodine!

Glad to see that you are using Guest Manager and Online Ordering.

Replied 10/01/2020
Tommy

Reviewed on 20/08/2021

Cake POS

Very user friendly

Pros

I love the fact that I have a POS system and I do not have to have a separate CC processing

Cons

Really haven't had any bad problems. We normally call support and it is handled quickly

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Changed locations and my Sysco rep told me about it

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Wanted something different
Amy

Reviewed on 14/04/2021

You won't regret this business partnership!

Very impressed with everything - the hardware, software and team of staff have all been great

Pros

We went thru a total of 7 product demos before selecting CAKE. Hands down was the most inclusive and best reporting features for our Bar / Restaurant / Bowling Alley. The couple times I have had questions, I've had great support and resolution very quickly. I'm not a tech person, and this was a super easy install and implementation for me to do with the rep over the phone. My menu build was very quick and the questions I have had since original upload have been answered quickly.

Cons

The only issue I have had is occasionally something will disappear that I know I have added as a modifier. Unsure if its a glitch, but it's been so minor that we haven't been inconvenienced at all.

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Purchased the business and knew we needed a better system for accounting and order flow.

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

Overall had the best fit for reporting and user friendliness. Customer Service and our demo were what put everything over the top
Roman

Reviewed on 10/08/2022

Started out as a great solution but something has changed

Started out great but the recent missed credit card deposits are alarming and there seems to be a breakdown in communication internally. Might be the transition over to madmobile but something is going on. As a business owner shopping for a POS solution, I would give this time to see where this goes before jumping in. I'm in the process of shopping for a possible new solution.

Pros

Very easy to use and robust. Great reporting and features.

Cons

We are experiencing multiple instances of our credit card deposits not depositing on the days that they are contracted to deposit from Cake and it has impacted payments to vendors and payroll. There almost seems to be an disconnect between support and understanding the very real problem that this presents to a small businesses.

Square Point of Sale and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

At the time, really liked the ease of use and how robust the software is.
Carmelle

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Great Software! Great Support!! Great System!!!

The efficiency for the staff, which is HUGE!! We are a Family Restaurant, that worked with Carbon Guest checks. We would take an order at the table and run it back to the kitchen, and then move on to the next table. Now, because we use the IPads to take the order, we can go from table to table to take the order, while we are doing that we can have the coffee pot with us, and on the way back to the wait station, we can be carrying our pot, and cleaning tables, as well. All of this, while the cooks are working on the orders. We were able to get rid of one extra body during the week because of this efficiency. ALSO because of this system, everyone is charged the same, there is no more "guessing" how much the item costs because we are busy and don't have time to look, all of the sauces are getting charged for, and the amount of "forgetting to add it to the bill" charges are low. This system is a win, win. I just cannot say enough about it.

Pros

This system has Easy to add & Change Menu Items, which works awesome for our daily specials. It is VERY user friendly & Easy to train any age group. This system works great for reports, menu items such as what you are or are not selling, payroll, ect. I am so glad we chose this System!!

Cons

Cannot adjust the pricing after the order has been sent back to the Kitchen. I also wish there were some things you could have print in a different color that goes back to the kitchen. Our ribbons are red and black, but the printer only prints black. I also wish, there was a different way to have the orders print to the kitchen, but we are working through some of those issues. The cooks have to remember that they have to learn a different way to read the tickets as well. There are a couple of other things, but actually they are being implemented in the near future.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Carmelle for taking the time to give CAKE such a thorough and glowing review! CAKE Point of Sale does not allow for pricing modification after an order has been placed. We did this to keep cash totals consistent in your inventory - so everything adds up at the end of the day.

We hear your requests for different colored ink on your tickets and early this summer we have an update coming out that will allow you to print modifiers in red.

Thank you for trusting the Copper Penny Family Restaurant to CAKE Point of Sale, working together just makes cents!

Replied 26/04/2018

Reviewed on 13/09/2019

Cake promises undelivered

While it functions fine for the ordering and set up. The back end portion for controls of labor are not in place. You also do not have a choice on who processes your credit cards. Twice in a month we were delayed credit card processing deposits into our account. While I do believe that it was probably the 3rd parties processing fault we have 7 other locations that have not experienced this problem at all. Maybe its time for Cake to change processors! When you have pending checks to clear and you don't get your planned deposit for your credit card processing it can be stressful day with banking.

Pros

The product was recommended by Sysco. The cost and the features explained was the selling point.

Cons

There is no partnered labor control ap that works with clock in of your employees on the Cake system . With Labor control being one of the largest cost factors and with all the new features that others offer. Cakes only partner is with 7 Shifts and for that you pay a hefty price even to be able to schedule on it. If you have one location maybe you can get by with the old paper schedule but with multiple locations and a number of employees there are no feature that control early clock ins, no clock ins, breaks, and overtime alerts. The other part of this there is no interest getting it done on a time frame that makes sense. Your told one thing by the top to get you off the phone, bug them enough and they will tell you maybe its not the system for you. So save yourself some money and not buy this system if you are any way wanting to truly manage labor it just does not do it if you have many locations to keep track of. I would say if you have over 25 employees as well , you would save many dollars with systems that help control clock ins.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Hi John, thank you for taking some time to leave a candid review.

First off, thank you for acknowledging our ease of use by giving us a 5-star on it.

With that said, we would like to apologize for the inconvenience that the delayed deposit caused.

We understand that running multiple restaurants can be stressful enough. Our intention is to make life easier for our operators.

As for your concerns in regard to labor control, we have and are making concerted efforts to push features that would be beneficial to our operators. In our 6.28.1 release, we added the feature to prevent early clock-ins from breaks.

university.cake.net/s/article/What-s-New-in-6-28-1-0

Although we do not have overtime alerts, we are able to allow automatic clock-out times.

Replied 27/01/2020
Zick

Reviewed on 01/07/2016

They Give You Choices....Who Doesn't Like Choices?

The highest grade i will ever give a POS system is a 9/10 because there is always something new and innovative that you will be chasing, no matter which system you have. Therefore there is no '10' system. These guys got the 9. They have a nice system, but what i like best, is that they survey their CURRENT customers to find out what they can do better, then make it better. And they give you choices.....who doesn't like choices?!

Pros

Look: Unlike many of the Micros and Aloha-type companies out there, the machine looks modern and even futuristic with the customer touch screen. We demo'd with Revel and their multi-screen set up looks out of place and almost alien-like. What is that?

Ease of Use: It has many features that make training a breeze. Training mode, quick search bar for menu items, global modifiers, etc. The screen is organized, and not cluttered with a bazillion different colors like a fireworks display. i always hated that with other systems.

Price: They give you what you NEED, whether it is included with the system or a 3rd party add on. This helps keep the cost down for folks like me who don't need a robust inventory system or scheduling software....if i did need it, I could add that on. They don't include, and charge you for everything, when you may not use everything.

Sysco: How can you not feel comfortable doing business with a POS company owned by this food distribution giant? This was part of why we went with them.

Cons

i must say, the name sounds a bit silly, but does Apple sell Apples?

The Support was a bit shaky for a minute but i was told they just added an additional Support department in Texas. Since then, it has been great!

I would like to see more from their loyalty program. Support told me this is being upgraded and will be included in an upcoming software update!

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Zick for your thorough and clear enthusiasm for CAKE! We're thrilled to have stood out among so many great options in the POS marketplace, and we'll continue to improve our POS based on what our customers want.

LYNN

Reviewed on 11/01/2021

POS

Overall, we love this product, especially the support we get from the friendly staff. Anytime we have an issues, we call and it gets fixed. We have also been able to troubleshoot and fix items ourselves numerous times. It's an easy system and we recommend it.

Pros

Our customers love their screen. They like that they can see their order. It's easy to read and understand. We love that we can use the system from home on the laptop and not just in the shop. I make changes to the menu mostly from home. I love having the itemized close cash receipt every day. I love all the reports that I get for tracking my business.

Cons

I don't like that all the buttons are the same color. It makes it very difficult to find buttons in a hurry when you have 40 different syrup flavors and 34 different teas. We need colored buttons that we can use as groups, for example, I could make all our sugar free syrups green and all the syrups that start with an A, blue, etc... It helps your eyes to find things quicker. It is really stressful for new employees to find buttons when training and the customer is standing there staring at you. It's better as a trained employee, but it would save us time at the machine when we could be making their order. Colored buttons are highly needed. Also, ever since the last software update that affected us directly, it is harder for me to add new products to the menu and put them in the right place. I can't put my finger on what changed, but i have trouble adding new products under existing categories. They come out as new buttons on the main screen. Not sure how to fix that.

Joseph

Reviewed on 05/07/2017

Very happy overall with the Cake System.

decreased ticket times, no more pocketed tickets, better overall customer satisfaction.

Pros

Our main problem before CAKE was time. It was taking too much time for servers to get something written on paper and get back to the POS to put everything in. If the internet was down everything was down so we wanted something cloud based so we could continue with transactions even if the internet had problems. CAKE meets all the needs we were looking for. We've got a much faster turnover rate on being able to get orders in and back to kitchen and out to the table, and we can continue taking orders even without internet, which have both helped with revenue. We also like using the guest manager system so when we run out of tables we can get numbers and page when tables open up which was an added benefit. I can also do things on the fly like change the menu even when I'm not on the restaurant, someone just gives me a call and I can add it from my personal laptop and it goes directly to the POS system, which has been really helpful as well.

Cons

Touch screen interaction is not instant. There is a half second lag in some of the menu screens. It may not sound like much, but anyone in the restaurant industry knows that every single second counts during the lunch rush. This lag also includes certain unnecessary animations between certain screens.
Certain features such as an on the fly print button from the table layout screen would decrease our table times.
The Split screen is very counter-productive compared to other systems.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

We're so happy to hear Cafe at the Gardens is running efficiently and profitably since switching to CAKE! But we are sorry to hear that you're experiencing a touch screen lag. If you haven't already done so, we advise contacting [email protected] for further investigation. We have brought this to the attention of our Product team in the meantime. Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences!

Ashley

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Super user friendly! Would definitely recommend to anyone looking for a POS system!

The rep that installed the system and trained us was helpful and informative. The system is easy to use and customer service is excellent. We have had no issues with the system, but if there is something you don't know how to to do- call them and they will walk you through it. Hold times for customer service are short or non-existent. Also, they update the system frequently, so if there is a feature you would like to change or add just submit a suggestion to them. As I said before, they are extremely helpful and accommodating.

Pros

Extremely user friendly. Easy to change user permissions, access reports, and update menu from system, back office, and from any computer or mobile device even offsite. Reporting is clear and easy to use as well.

Cons

No major issues. Easy to access reports- could have added features to make it easier, such as the payroll hourly reporting feature- it would be better if it had an option to click the employee name to see all of the daily hours listed for each instead of having only the timesheets function to see the list. Also, on the item sales- listing the add-ons or upcharges for side options would be extremely helpful- could be a drop down similar to the categories. Otherwise, reporting is great and as easy to use as the rest of the system functions.

Giordano

Reviewed on 30/11/2020

owner of the Pos

was good but now we are behind

Pros

we are very behind with the technology equipment and relationship with business and costumers daily base ...kiosk with self selfservise cash out

Cons

yes missing a lot of improved no try to update with the new technology and relationship with costumers daily base

Reasons for Choosing Mad Mobile Restaurant POS

they have everything that i need

lorenia

Reviewed on 09/11/2017

good program

Pros

When we switched from our old POS to CAKE, we were looking for something faster and easier which is exactly what we got. Our old system had a server and all the data made it super slow. We like having the ipads that take orders faster right at the table. It's a lot easier to update the menu or make changes and I can actually change it from my computer so I don't even have to be in the restaurant. I can do it from home the night before and it'll be ready the next day. I also look at sales reports and employee hours from home a lot too. There's not a lot of user error, and it makes things in general a lot smoother.

Cons

the connection with iPad has to refresh often , that means the waitress has to check iPad before going to tables i am not sure is because the system or our connection is very poor.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

CAKE is happy to hear the Avenue Cafe is working smarter, faster, and more easily with CAKE Point of Sale. We make it simple for you to update your menus and manage your restaurant from anywhere, so you get more done while going about your busy day. It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, It sounds like your OrderPad is having some technical issues, if you¿d like to reach out to [email protected] we'd be happy to help you work through the issue so your hardware is performing as intended. Thank you for choosing CAKE!

Jaime

Reviewed on 22/11/2017

So Easy to Use!

Pros

CAKE was our first POS for this location. As far as changing menu items or modifiers or printers it's super easy, hands down way easier than any other program I've used. It's also very easy from a user standpoint for staff members to ring things in and find items. Because it's not overly complicated and just very straightforward it was super easy to get the restaurant up and running when we started out. I use the sales reports and also the time and attendance reports for payroll. It's very convenient to have it as well as remote access. We're also able to see if people delete things prior to payment or after being sent to the kitchen to be made, so we were actually able to catch an employee stealing with that information. Overall I think it's great. If you're thinking about trying it I say go for it. The fees are reasonable, it's nice to have credit card processing straight through it, and when we batch out at the end of the month, we can log in and see easily what the fees were and what we received. I'm very happy with it and would definitely recommend it.

Cons

I honestly do not have anything negative to say. However, adding a stylus to the signature pad would be helpful for guests less savvy with tablets.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you Jaime for using CAKE for the 8th Street Filling Station. CAKE Point of Sale was built to be intuitive and user-friendly for you restaurant. Our reporting makes it easier for you to make data-backed decisions on how best to run your restaurant. Thank you for recommending CAKE Point of Sale!

Replied 09/01/2018
Kyle

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

Love CAKE!

Pros

My restaurant has been open for 4 years. We started with CAKE POS, and have no plans of switching anytime soon! Never had any issues with the hardware, still using the same touchscreen units. Software has been great, never crashes or loses data or info etc. Very user friendly, straightforward. I have personally programmed our menus and modifiers. We use order pads, just the same as base POS, no learning curve there. We added Guest Manager last year, that has been a great addition. CAKE is constantly updating the software, trying to make it better and more beneficial for their customers. Customer Service has always been Fantastic any and every time I have called with any questions, concerns or issues. I recently had a great experience with [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. Definitely recommend CAKE!

Cons

Honestly I can't really think of anything glaring. At times we were like "why can't we split a single food item between two guest." But customer service always offered a solution, even temporary, while developers were working on updates for small complaints like that from customers.

Tammy

Reviewed on 26/04/2021

CAKE IS GREAT

When we can pull a report to tell us the last time a "Tuna Sandwich" sold, that explains why the container as aged out....reports like this help us make menu decisions based on numbers and not just we thinks.

Pros

The overall CAKE experience has been great from day 1 of asking questions to now 2+ years in business and using it daily. "Patience and care" that we knew what we were getting and the knowledge to work it was the deciding factor for our choosing CAKE.

Cons

I miss some of the features from the reports prior to the most recent updates but I like a lot, like the date range being as long or short a time frame as I want, of the new reports. I like the original "Employee Clock-Out Report". I still use it because the new "Payroll" report prints to lightly and is too busy with un-needed columns for my payroll purposes.

Juanita

Reviewed on 05/05/2017

Pros

CAKE is our first POS system and it has made a huge difference from pen and paper. Orders are less complicated and we have easy access to all the information we need for both the restaurant and catering sides of our business (receipts, signatures, credit cards, customer info.) Adjustments to the menu take seconds and there's no paper to lose. Online ordering has increased a lot, orders are going out faster, and of course in restaurant operations efficiency is key. On top of that, we have great reports so we don't have to do math for trends, and it's so easy to learn for new staff. We're really happy overall and would definitely recommend it!

Cons

When the system updates, it will revert back original settings after updates. Some options aren't customizable.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Juanita, we thank you for your honest and thoughtful feedback. We're thrilled to hear online ordering is doing great work for you, it sounds like your efficiency is way up and we're way excited to hear that! We are sorry your settings reverted back after updating, if that ever happens again, please contact [email protected] so we can get you up and running again as soon as possible!

Anna

Reviewed on 23/08/2017

Very easy to use and very convenient. Takes a lot of the stress out of inventory control.

Piece of mind. It made things easier so I was able to relax about the POS system and focus on other things.

Pros

Conversation Summary/Sample Review:
When we opened our restaurant, we were worried about inventory control. Our sandwiches are all about choice which means a lot of different modifiers. CAKE has made keeping up with those modifiers and inventory a lot easier. We check every week to see what's selling, so we can manage what we need to have. We were doing a festival this year and thanks to this system, I was able to go in and check last year's numbers so we knew exactly what to stock this year. I've also used the information from the reports to do our taxes. I especially like that I can change anything from my laptop at home, so if I wake up at 2 AM and forgot something I can do it right away instead of waiting until I'm back in the restaurant. There aren't really many problems but every time I have one I just call and it's usually fixed.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

CAKE is happy we're keeping Sharp's Deli running smoothly and our Point of Sale gives you the freedom to modify sandwiches your way. Making taxes, ordering, and managing remotely possible are all pieces of CAKE! Thank you for the great review, we're glad there's nothing negative to say, and if there is, please get in touch right away.

Replied 16/10/2017
Tony

Reviewed on 29/09/2017

Very Good experience

Pros

We've had CAKE at this restaurant since day one. It's super user friendly and so far very low-maintenance. I love that it's cloud based, so there's no worrying about computers going down or something not booting correctly. The system has the complexity built in but it's also still easy to use. We use sales and labor reports to track item sales, which helps with inventory because it gives a direct shot of what we're using instead of guessing what to reorder or what we might need. It's easy to update the menu, and a lot of it you can even do from your phone. It just makes the job easier and there are so many things that I don't have to worry about. I don't take it for granted because I know better having worked in other systems in the past but if the average user knew the alternative to not having it they'd see how much harder it would be having to do everything by hand. It's a huge difference.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

CAKE is glad to hear our Point of Sale is robust enough to offer you the features you need, and simple enough to be easy for your staff to use. Inventory tracking and automation is just one way you can save money and time without unnecessary guesswork or expense. Thank you for your great review, and for choosing CAKE.

Anthony

Reviewed on 23/01/2018

Great overall product.

Pros

Overall Cake works well for our business. It is easily modified by management and owners. Easily modify menu in a timely manner.

Cons

We offer delivery, takeout, and dine in. It would great if the kitchen ticket would be bold for delivery. Also wish that the kitchen printer would print all modifiers in red to eliminate kitchen mistakes. During rushes the kitchen staff could glance at the prep ticket rather than having to read the entire ticket again. Another issue is when creating side items for example, baked potatoes, you have to create a baked potato plain, baked potato with butter, a baked potato with butter and sour cream, etc. therefore cluttering up the screen.

Response from CAKE from Sysco

Thank you for your thoughtful feedback of The Oven Mitt's experience with CAKE Point of Sale. You can increase the font size of prep tickets, and in the future we'll allow you to modify orders to print information in red per your request. Our user feedback has shown that adding modifiers for modifiers tends to create confusion. Please contact [email protected] if you have issues getting anything set up for your restaurant.

Replied 07/03/2018