About Evernote Teams

Evernote is a web-based project management tool that offers project collaboration, scheduling and task management functionalities within a suite. This solution is designed to cater to businesses of all sizes. Evernote allows...

4.2

Browse Evernote Teams Reviews

7,655 of 7,654 reviews
turan
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

A Living Digital Assistant

Pros

Imagine a huge library. A library with all the information you are looking for. Thousands of web pages, books, notebooks, receipts, pdf files. So where is the information you are looking for in this library?

Imagine that you can access the information that will make my job easier in this huge library in just seconds. Evernote is a great program that stores, stores, archives all information, can take notes on it, has a quick search content. It is a structure that saves information in just a few steps, can take notes on it, share it, and follow and remind some things for you.

Imagine that the time you previously spent searching for data and the information you were looking for was reduced by 70%. Of course, this is not a dream. Real. Consider that the paper consumption you use in all office processes is reduced by 40-50%. The 50% efficiency increase of the system resources you use is an extra gain.

While you can share the information set you have created with your own teams, you can distribute platform independent. Consider that you can actively manage this process with task distribution and orientation.

By connecting with other software, it provides ease of communication up to the mail service.

Cons

The repeat task option doesn't seem very usable to me. A more compelling option should be put in. It would be great if there was a feature to customize the program image. Like the theme change.

Zoho Notebook and Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

It has a reminder feature. Possibility to back up my old data. e-mail usage support. archival research and discovery.

Microsoft OneNote

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

taking notes very fast Platform independent Quick access to data Almost zero hardware resource consumption. Shareability
Ashwin

Reviewed on 29/01/2022

Evernote Teams review, Best Note taking Software.

Evernote is a bit like a virtual notebook or diary, designed for taking deeper and longer notes. As an alternative to Evernote, Google Keep is a virtual surface that you can overlay with concise, timely, and actionable digital notes.
For example, you can use Evernote to take notes during your college psychology course or executive leadership course. You won't be using Google Keep this way - instead, you're jotting down small pieces of information that you want easily accessible, like your child's to-do list or soccer schedule.

Pros

I like how easy it is to transfer and share notes with the team, how fast and reliable it is. To be honest, the teacher is told to take notes in class without realizing it.
It helps you track items and their completion, integrate well with Slack, Outlook, share information better, and get reminders.
It works on so many levels for me and I'm glad I've been a longtime user. I love them constantly making amazing changes to make the software even better.

Cons

The only drawbacks I see is that it's very difficult for the app to realize that you want to start writing. Sometimes I have to press it multiple times and it can get annoying.
My only complaint about Evernote Business is that it's expensive.
Subscription prices keep going up and features disappear. The support is very slow.

Diane
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Very good!

I actually really like Evernote teams. It feels very modern and expensive, but it should for the price!
It's easy to share notes but I rarely need to anyway, everyone at work can access them.
Transitioning was easy. I don't know what we would do without it now.

Pros

I like the project and task lists that everyone has access to. If I need to work with someone on a case I don't have to worry if they've done their part.
I can make a to do list and keep track of it.
The way the notes are displayed is nice. I can find any one in a few seconds. Images can be searched, definitely a plus!
If I need to finish something at home I sync and continue working with my phone or home desktop.
Evernote teams helps improve the way you take notes too.

Cons

The project and task manager needs to be changed a little. No kanban board...
Price wise it's just not realistic for everyone. We write every single day, most of the day so it's okay for us.

Notion

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Joplin- Evernote teams is software that everyone can use together. It was difficult to try and collaborate with everyone using something different. Microsoft teams- expensive and not everyone wanted to use it.

Microsoft Teams

Top Evernote Teams Alternatives

Rayelene
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 16/03/2022

Welcome to the BEST Productivity App in the World.

I am extremely inspired to build my brand and feeling supported by a company like Evernote Teams makes it all the more fun and exciting.

Pros

1. Note-taking genius of an app.
2. File-sharing made easy.
3. Project management teammate of the century.

Cons

I honestly can't say anything except that I don't see their advertising anywhere. I discovered this app on accident and am happy I did. Thank you again for an A1 product.

ActiveCampaign and Google Calendar

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Needed help staying organized, I wasn't sure how Evernote worked but the tutorial made everything so straight-forward, I'm never going back.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

The overall experience is the key-pointing factor. I appreciate using this everyday and I think everyone should know. If there's a way that I can recommend or affiliate with you, I would be happy to support you as well. Thank you very much.
Hitesh
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 25/02/2022

The perfect notetaking tool!

One of Evernote's many features is its array of services and programs for keeping and analyzing written notes. A note, also known as a "note" in Evernote, can consist of text, photos, or embedded audio files. It can also have file attachments. straight from the very start, it can be organized into file folders, then named, annotated, edited, given comments, searched, and exported as an integral part of a pocket notebook. Evernote supports several mobile device platforms (including iOS, OS X, Android, Microsoft Windows, Windows Phone, Chrome OS, BlackBerry, and WebOS), and simultaneously has numerous web-based setup options and backup options.

Pros

Users can quickly create an attractive and easy-to-view note depending on preferences with Evernote, which offers several aesthetic, stylistic, and format choices for the user to choose from.

Sharing class notes and collaborating on them was made extremely accessible by Evernote, helping students work together in the learning environment.

Evernote makes it simple to organize information with notebooks, tags, and shortcuts, allowing users to swiftly locate what they need.

Cons

Integration with Outlook works to some extent, but needs to be improved seeing as most situations a Evernote file is not detected by Outlook and a plugin for Evernote slows down outlook.

The desktop client version 10 for Windows system lacks the opening of the program straight from the taskbar icon or the option to autostart at login.

A nice feature is that you can personalize your home page, but if you opt to save these customizations, it's a pay-to-play aspect.

OneDrive and Microsoft Word

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

Like Microsoft OneNote and Notion, Evernote is an excellent app to help you keep up with daily notes and start to create compilations of important information. Evernote is also beneficial to busy business executives who don't want to deal with carrying bulky books of printed documents around.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 11/02/2022

The best option on the market to note taking and managing

I used microsoft OneNote, but I found it too large to only take notes. I used simple word processors, but it takes too much space. I used apps like gmail (the google keep) and similar, but when it get too many notes it end up too loose. I used many available softwares in the market, not only specific note taking apps, I almos got back using my old fisic nootebook, and in those experimentations I ended up using evernote for I feel like the developers knows exactely what a note taking software needs.

Pros

Simplicity; Speed; Interoperability between systems; Version history; Recycle Bin

Cons

Occasionally, for reasons of poor internet connection and other issues related to integration between systems, one or another note ends up being duplicated, which takes time to understand what happened and eliminate duplication, but it is common. when using a lot of environments with multiple installations.

Microsoft OneNote, Notepad++ and Google Keep

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Once my laptop broke and when I retrieve the backup the onenote files was corrupted for it uses an encryption algorithm. This makes me lose about five years of note taking of my life. Not an experience I like to remember.

Microsoft OneNote

Sanchit

Reviewed on 19/01/2022

A good UI goes a long way!

After a few years of working with Evernote I would not dream of using another note taking software, unless forced to do so for consistency. It is feature-rich, and continuously getting better. I have not experienced a single bug in the time I've been using it.

Pros

There are many positive things to say about the product, but the one area it absolutely blows the competition out of the water is aesthetics and intuitiveness. There are of course a ton of features but they would mean nothing if they were a pain to use. A good, pleasing UI goes much farther than people realize in making consumers keep coming back to the product.

The Home tab is skillfully laid out with your most recent notes easily accessible, along with a scratch pad that can conveniently be converted to a note if needed, or lost to the ether if not. I used to start a bunch of frivolous notes and clean them by the hundreds every few months, the scratch pad, while a simple addition, removed the need for that. Love the ability to customize your home page.

Another area Evernote really shines in is extensions. The chrome web clipper is an absolutely essential tool for me, since I don't usually want to bookmark the page but also make my own changes to it. The clipper makes this task seamless. It even lets you simplify the page, which comes in handy more often than not. Needless to say, the extension is as aesthetic as the product. It is possible to create IFTTT applets with Evernote, my personal favorite is creating an evernote note by dictating it to the google assistant.

The ability to organize notes in notebooks is great but I end up dumping them together and searching for the note I want, the universal search is fantastic.

Cons

It is somewhat easy to create a note in the wrong notebook, since it picks the notebook you last created your note in. This was the main reason I stopped using notebooks.

Google docs is not as aesthetically pleasing but offers more for free. e.g. unlimited devices

Sven

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

One of the best content management services available

Evernote Teams looks great and works well on the platforms we used it on - mostly Windows 10 for business plus the individual's choice of smartphone / tablet version of it. Its intuitive navigation and powerful scan and search features were its main selling point for us.
All in all, the price is very fair. But with ever more subcription-based services used in the workplace, we ended up switching away from Evernote Teams simply to save costs. Our new service that we replaced it with is not nearly as sleek or elegant, but offers the same essential features - OCR and search as well as task management - at no additional subscription costs.
If I was the sole decder and/or money didn't not feed into the decision-making process, I'd have stuck with using Evernote Teams as it is really great at what it does.

Pros

Hands down the OCR. Optical Character Recognition is the name of the feature that allows Evernote to scan the images you take and thus enable its powerful search feature to find content on scanned documents and even pictures. That makes for one of the most powerful organisational features I have yet come across. Even the subscrition costs are very user friendly, given what you're offered.
I loved the dashboard, too. Very sleek and easy to both navigate and customize.

Cons

Personally, it all boils down to integrations for me. I loved the year-ish that we were using Evernote. Integrating it into Microsoft Teams work well enough and it looked the way it always did However, using Everote Teams within Microsoft Teams meant that we were already paying the subscription for Microsoft 365 and then paying Evernote Teams on top of that. We ended up saving us the costs for Evernote Teams by switching to Microsoft OneNote which is included in the abov mentioned subcription.

Microsoft OneNote, Microsoft Teams and Microsoft To Do

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

We ended up switching away from Evernote Teams because using the above apps from the Office 365 suite enabled us to cover the same needs at no additional subscription costs per users, as we were already using Office 365 for word processing, spreadsheeting etc.
Alhassan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/07/2021

Evernote made authoring my first handbook a walk in the park

My creative process can be quite disorganized; with ideas popping up at the oddest times and places. Having a readily accessible and user friendly product like Evernote allowed me to introduce some much needed efficiency and productivity into all that chaos so effortlessly that I completed my first manuscript 4 months ahead of schedule

Pros

The process of taking notes with Evernote can seem very casual due to the ease of using the software and how complete its feature offerings are. Whether to draw, write, or scribble, Evernote allows me the freedom of expression few other programs do. The feature that excites me the most is Evernote's OCR capability, which functions to perfection.

Cons

Accessing adequate functionality in offline mode is almost impossible. Even though the cloud solution has it's benefits, some attention should also be paid to developing adaptability to offline use as well.

Notejoy

Reasons for Choosing Evernote Teams

Evernote provided a more integrated family of auxiliary features and functions.

Microsoft Whiteboard

The reviews I read favored Evernote over the others
Dipannita

Reviewed on 16/04/2021

Best Note-Taking Software I have Ever Used

It is great software for me. It eliminates the need of keeping a heavy diary in my life. I can easily access, take notes and share files from anywhere. Honestly, it made my life easier.

Pros

If you are looking for an amazing multi-platform software, especially to serve your note-taking purpose, Evernote Business is leading the market. It comes in a minimalistic design with smooth collaborative features so that you can perfectly sync with other platforms. When it comes to collaboration features, no other software can defeat Evernote business. You can not only do teamworks on your projects, but also store all of the important information in one single place. One amazing part is, you can access it offline, and everything will be updated t=right after you become online. On top of that, the user-interface of Evernote is so user-friendly. Besides, there are many templates which you can use and make life even easier. In my opinion, Evernote Business is a great software to deal with.

Cons

As it is cloud-based software, syncing is not possible while offline. However, everything will be updated when I become online again. Another thing I want to mention here is it is a little bit expensive. The Evernote team should reconsider the price. However, the value we are getting from it can be easily justified with the price.

Guy

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Very powerful knowledge base

Switching between lot of projects at same time, the notes need to be sorted and searchable quickly from any device (mobiles, tablets, desktops, web ...).
I am using it since 6 years now with entire satisfaction.

Pros

Facility to create a minutes of meetings, audio recording and note sharing (i.e. for transcriptions).
It is very easy to takes notes, and with the audio recording that is occuring in the background, you can still takes notes. So later you can do retranscription of what has been said.
Very powerful to write down your ideas, from any device, everything is synchronized and can be shared in real time with other collaborators.
It is then very easy to do analysis, reports etc.
You can easily export your notes to PDF's etc.
Also a very useful tool is the Web Clipper tool, that can store a web page directly to Evernote ! You can choose the Web Clipper to transform the page in an article (so it wipes off all menus, advertisements etc.) or the full page.
For each note you can specify tags to group your notes by subject (like ideas, projects, meetings etc.).
The search is very fast - 6 years of daily data and I find anything in less than one or two seconds !

Cons

I would like to record also screens to put them in the notes. For now we can only store audio's. We can use another tool for videos, but can't upload them as there is a limit of file storage (per file). But we can put videos links, images, etc.
Also, the tables are not so easy to manage, idem for storing spreadsheets (but include an .xlsx file into it as a file attach is easy).

Norzihan
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 11/02/2021

Taking note with Evernote Business

Evernote has acted like my organizer but in digital form. I can adding note into most of the software that i use, and add a little notes and reminder for my future reference. The ability to add picture or audio to the notes give it more value, as more information can be added to the note.

Pros

What i really like with Evernote Business is, it has option to integrated with software like Gmail and Google Drive. I can attach files into my note for easy reference and forward my notes to the Gmail and shares it with my team. Using Evernote as a OCR(optical character recognition) for my PDF files let me to search for specific keyword in the files in a matter of second.

Cons

There are limited option for text style and format customization that can be altered and edited in here. A beautiful and properly formatted notes improve my moods and attract creativity in myself, which i hope this software can offer. Other than that point, everything else is wonderful.

Reviewed on 06/01/2021

Evernote Business: The Ultimate Collaborative Tool for Businesses

All in all, I would undoubtedly recommend Evernote Business to any business out there as it provides immense value in collaboration, integrations, templates and more! There are even learning classes for businesses that are starting out, who want to make full use of Evernote. All of this for a small number of flaws such as the pricing.

Pros

Evernote Business is an amazing, note-taking, multi-platform software for businesses because of their best in class collaborative features, clean and minimalistic design, perfect sync, and much more. It definitely has the best collaboration features of all the note-taking software that I have used. From working together on projects to storing information in one single place, Evernote is the best ways to do it. One of the main selling points for me is that you can collaborate offline with your team on Evernote and everything syncs right back up perfectly afterwards. You can access, upload, edit, and share files from any device, even your phone!

Furthermore, Evernote's user interface is extremely clean and keeps your workspace uncluttered. There are countless useful templates that I personally have found much success with, that only requires a simple press of the 'use template' button. Not only this but with the in-app integrations with Gmail, Slack, Outlook and Google Drive, you can really combine workflows in a harmonic way.

Cons

There are very few flaws with Evernote Business and they shouldn't really be an issue for most businesses. One of these flaws is the pricing of Evernote Business which is quite high at about 15 USD each month for each user in the business. Whether this price is worth it for your business is the question but for me, it was an extremely useful tool.

Isabella

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

The ultimate note-taking application.

In the company, we had some problems expressing the ideas we had. Sometimes it was complicated to work as a team because of a lack of communication at certain times. We could use a typical dashboard for group ideas, but it was too inefficient. Evernote Business allowed us all to take notes for ourselves and for the company. The communication is now excellent and we find it to be software we can't stop living with. The variety of file types it handles is very good and the integration with other software we use is excellent for productivity. We have everything centralized in Evernote Business and the information is not lost.

Pros

I have a lot of ways to save a quick thought. I love being able to record a voice memo and save it as a note in Evernote and then being able to listen to it and write down some audio notes in the same file. I think that the spontaneity of Evernote Business and the ability to handle several types of files is what I like best and I think it is the strongest point of the application. Another aspect I like very much about Evernote Business is that the software is adapted to all operating systems and many devices. It is very convenient to have the software synchronized on all the devices of the company's workers because it is always accessible to take a note or make a contribution. The integration with other software used by the company, such as Gmail or the calendar, is perfect. I think it is essential to have good productivity in the team and everything is in one application. The synchronization in the edition of files and documents is very good, we have not had any problem. At first, it was hard to get used to their system of ordering notes by notebooks, but now I think it is essential.

Cons

At first we were intimidated by Evernote. It has too many features that are new to us. It's a friendly application in the interface, but it's challenging to use. It took us time and effort to get used to more and more features to get the most out of it, and it was better when we started watching the tutorials on the YouTube channel. The mobile application is growing too much. I'm worried that on some low-powered smartphone I won't be able to use this software. I understand it's because of all the media files out there, but I wish there was a lite version or a way to compress the files so they took up less space.

Lauren
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 27/04/2020

Ever Noted For The Masses

I remember Evernote when it was in its early development stages as an optimistic note-taking application. Years in the making, it grew a business software branch and became even more extensive. I have positive support for the brand and hope it'll continue to grow.

Pros

I really appreciate its savvy integration with other cloud-based solutions. It approaches the connection and bonding experience in a playful, yet professional manner. The company I work with is active with Salesforce and Google, so we discussed a crucial need of ours. The business needed our concepts and data to be quickly recorded into an excelling application. That's where EverNote Business came in. I was already familiar with EverNote and informed our company of the new technology extension. We moved forward and were impressed by the results. Within a month, our projections were progressing by a 20% increase. Our thoughts and visions were compiled, together, in a single database that simplified our workflow. And most of all, we were able to work faster. EverNote trimmed unnecessary time away.

Cons

My only minor setback, with the software, would be the design possibilities. I do wish that EverNote presented a little more features for its users to manage the layout of the notes more. Otherwise, it's a wonderful solution.

Zoho Notebook

Reasons for Switching to Evernote Teams

I manage the decisions for the software we use, so I've tested each of the notetaking solutions we suggested. And by far, EverNote Business had the best results and research. It provided the most freedom in the layout and the cleanest approach to what each user would see.
Uros

Reviewed on 24/04/2020

Evernote is definitely the king of all reminders

I have been using this software for a very long time. To this day, I enjoy all the improvements. I have already cited the sea of benefits that have set me apart for this reminder. In fact, over time it has ceased to be a classic reminder, and today we are already talking about a serious article-making program or even presentations. I am a Premium package user so even PDFs are not a problem. So with this software, your phone becomes a pocket-sized office with no major obstacles

Pros

Software from day one buys all my sympathies for many reasons. First of all, because of the ease of use of its options, the ability to include individual notes via inserting files into the notes themselves. Also, synchronization is perfect so there is no need to manually transfer files. Of course, today many remembered to follow this example very successfully, but certainly Evernote was among the first to become a userfrendly application for professional users. Even if you are not a premium user you have a lot of features in the interface itself so you are in no way conditioned on the developer to buy the premium package

Cons

Преведи са језика: босански
591/5000
Evernote also has some drawbacks. I admit, it's not a disadvantage that would deter me from using it, but ... First of all, if you use a phone with less configuration, there is a possibility of freezing the application at certain times, as well as shutting it down during operation. In case you have not already remembered before then you lose it. So, the suggestion to developers is to introduce autosave in one of the upcoming upgrades. Also, the nightmare could have been done far better because of the battery and screen savings (Due to prolonged use it can be "fatal" from the OLED screen of your smartphone)

Isaac
  • Industry: Tobacco

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

Evernote Business review by Isaac Fungura

Evernote is a very handy tool in my daily life, both business and personal. I tend to get overwhelmed with tasks and forget some brilliant ideas I may have had. So, I decided to install Evernote on all my devices - phone, tab, laptop so that when I take my routine morning walks or runs, and an idea pops up in my mind, I quickly jot it down.

The brilliance of Evernote is that I can type or use a stylus, or take a picture of say a product I want the procurement team to purchase and I can also record a voice note and save it as is...or it can also decode my voice note and save it as text almost instantaneously!

I can also save PDFs, Word documents, scribble a sketch drawing or even get a signature if I don't have a handy paper for a client to sign.

I also use it to set reminders and to-do list which I can then follow through later on. All this is then synced across my devices through my linked Google account so that even if I'm away from my laptop, I can still access my data or add notes on my other devices.

In the office and in meetings, I easily take notes and minutes and can then share that with colleagues. It's just superb and makes life sooo easy. It also switches on my creative mindset since I can just take down notes whenever and wherever I go.

I also use Evernote at my Masters school to take notes in lectures...how convenient, because I normally don't want to move around with books in my hands. Also it is very easy to store the notes and share them with fellows

Pros

There is no limit to what I can put or store into my Evernote account.
The library can store important business information such as company policies and procedure manuals for the access of everyone at the company who is using Evernote. It replaces the need for the company to have a physical library for sharing that info.
Evernote separates between private and business note books, hence respects privacy of employees and they can take that private information when they leave the company and all the business notebooks remain with the company.
Notifications when someone joins a library, edits or adds a note, these assist me in keeping track of what is going on around the organisation since I may not physically be able to cope with the events occurring around, but on Evernote, I quickly get insights of what is going on.
It allows sharing information across the organisation and getting feedback

Cons

When offline, I'm obviously unable to sync my content with my other devices. However, when I get back online sync becomes active.
It can become addictive sometimes as it is a part of my daily life

Emeka

Reviewed on 02/08/2019

I can't find a better replacement yet!

Evernote has been a very useful app to me. I use it to keep both personal and business journals. I don't have to be carrying diary all around.

An amazing experience I've had with Evernote was when I was going through me notes and found a note I wrote 3 years ago. I entirely forgot about the note, but was wowed when I saw it.

Evernote had been awesome!

Pros

Evernote is a note taking app I started using in 2016, about 3 years ago. It's the best I have yet to see in it's category of products.

With Evernote, I'm able to do a couple of things, and that effectively. These include:

1. With Evernote I'm able to write notes, and have them auto-saved when I leaves the app, even without saving them manually.

2. With Evernote I'm able to password protect my notes to maintain my privacy. I can also use finger print to unlock the app, which makes it more fun. The cool part of this feature is that the app automatically locks itself when it is minimized for a while. This helps me protect my privacy.

3. With Evernote, collaborating with teams becomes a lot easier. I and my team can work on a note together.

4. With Evernote, I'm able to chat with other users. This makes collaboration a lot faster. I do not need to exit the app to communicate with fellow collaborators, I can do that right from the app.

5. Evernote allows me a huge amount of space where I can save my notes. The beautiful part is that I can even add voice notes, pictures and other attachments to a note. Is this not amazing 😁😁?

6. I do set reminders with Evernote. This helps me effectively manage my time.

7. Evernote helps me to sync my notes online. This allows me to edit my notes across devices. I can write a note on the Evernote mobile app, and edit it on my PC 😁😁. Beautiful!

Cons

There is a saying that everything that has an advantage equally have a disadvantage. A few cons I've noticed about Evernote include:

1. There is no "forgot pin" option on the pin prompt screen of the Evernote app. This means that if you forgets your Evernote pin, you'll have to uninstall and reinstall it before you can have access to your notes again 🤨🤨.

2. The Evernote premium comes with a budget. If you don't have the budget to renew your subscription periodically, you'll be left behind.

Aside from these two cons, Evernote is awesome!

Zeynel
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Reviewed on 12/07/2019

Ultimate personal digital notebook.

It is one of the best options to take notes and organize them.
I found it very useful for writing summaries and reviews for book.
I can store the files (especially ones I need to reach everyday)
I use it as task management and planning system... as draft for comprehensive projects.... and for many applications
In short; it is my best productivity tool

Pros

Before I started to use Evernote organizing my notes was something challenging and frustrating to me... I had plenty of pdf files, screenshots in several devices such as my computer, usb disk and mobile phone. And it wasn't an easy task to remember which note was in which device. For not be too dependent on devices I used to mail the word files to myself, causing my dirve to be even messed up. And searching the notes was almost out of option.
But with Evernote;
I know pretty well to store which note in which folder for my notes to be organized
I can reach my notes with any device, as I organized them.
I have no problem with finding a note when I need it.
I can easily edit the files in Evernote without having to download and upload over and over again.
Thanks to auto-saving and auto-uploading feature, power blackout, while writing, is not big issue for my notes, because I know it has been saved and uploaded already.
Feature of seeing the previous versions of the notes, makes copying notes redundant.
I can download my notes, and can reach them offline as well
Its feature of taking photo of books or notebooks and saving them as searchable format is life-saving

Cons

You cannot create nested hierarchies of notebooks. You can only create notebooks and note stacks. But the option of creating sub notes would be useful
It doesn't have multilevel listing feature as Microsoft Word has... like 1, 1.1, 1.a ,1.2.1... and so on
I want to be able to make check spelling in different languages for different notes, but Evernote is not powerful in this regard.
I would like to use web-clipper in Yandex browser too

Ross
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 07/05/2019

Essential Tool for Note Organization

Evernote is one of my 3 essential tracking apps, next to Email and Basecamp. Email tracks communication threads, Evernote tracks my notes, and Basecamp tracks my tasks. It's hard to imagine living without any of these three foundational tools.

Pros

Evernote is the ultimate personal digital notebook. It's actually built as a collection of notebooks which allows you to document, well, everything you need to in a highly organized way. I've found that almost all of my thoughts start with Evernote and it serves as a great foundational app for lists, ideas, and concepts that you need to jot down and reference later. The cloud-based approach means your notes instantly live everywhere across all of your devices which is essential, especially because 80% of my use within Evernote is short, quick interactions and I never know on which device I'll need to access something. I don't have time to wait for it to load or to go through a bunch of UI to decide where to put my note.; luckily - Evernote does a good job of keeping the notebook selection process fairly simple so you can make your note and move on with life. I've also found Evernote's search feature to be very strong compared to other applications. I've grown to rely on the search more heavily as my notebook collection has grown.

Cons

Sometimes note creation is a tad clunky, mainly related to the "Name" of a note. I'll start typing out my note very quickly and then realize that i'm actually in the Name field which is disorienting and leaves my having to cut/paste the Name section into the description. I typically don't know what I want to name a note until I've finished writing it. This problem exists in both the mobile app and desktop versions.

Javier
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 04/04/2019

More than just a note taking an it's so much more

Pros

Overall I started using this application for my notes while attending school and I learned more of the in's and outs and the power of taking notes with this app. This app is great if you are in need of having to take notes on the go and having them organized at the same time which the app does for you.

If you answer yes to the following questions you will benefit from this application:
Do you often have trouble finding something to write with or paper to write notes but you only carry your phone at all times?
Do you often talk to your self and come up with good ideas but not enough time to write them down?
Do you take pictures and save them in your phone as notes but have trouble sorting through embarrassing photos?
Do you have a scanner app on your phone to scan documents just to be able to e-mail that as an attachment?
Have trouble keeping your thoughts and notes organized?

If you answer yes to one or all those questions basically this app does this for you on the go all in one app. You can take regular notes like a traditional pen on paper on your screen with the widget. You can make a voice note from the widget as well without having to open the app fully. If you think it's a waste of time trying to scan a paper on a physical scanner and then transfer that to your computer and send that important e-mail because you are always on the go or out of the office? No problem this app does that for you.

Cons

I have been using the app for more than 2 years and I have to admit that even though it's a great app it does have a few flaws but they are just minor in comparison to all the good things it gets right.

You can only have 3 devices per account unless you pay for the premium version. I personally think that the premium version offers a lot of more versatility to the app but I don't pay for this service and keep using the free version. I normally carry this app on my phone, tablet, and have it on my computer so I can sync all my notes together. I understand that this might not be too much of a con but I don't need much of the premium features that come with that premium fee. You might keep getting ads to upgrade every once in a while if you are a free member. Another drawback that I have is that sometimes the app will randomly crash while typing my notes and even though it does save this before exiting the app making sure that I don't lose any of my work. I do find that this does get me a bit frustrated and sometimes I have to be restarting my device or just the app itself losing some of my valuable time. I value my time and when you are either a college student or a business sometimes you cannot afford to lose that important test notes for your midterm or client information.

Tatiana
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

I just call it My Digital Memory

We use it for both saving and keeping updated important information for our (small) company: credentials for commonly used services, settings, guides for the software used, templates of how-tos for different situations. Basically, everything that could have been kept in disparate folders and notes flying around. Another application - when conducting secondary market research, creating compendiums of various articles on different topics: the article's text is saved "forever" together with the active URL. All that's needed it's just to organize it by tagging and/or assigning to specific folders/notebooks.

As a bottom line, using Evernote has significantly decreased the amount of lonely (yet important) paper notes flying around and made it super easy to find basically anything that needed to be recorded.

Pros

This is by far the best and the most functional software to make notes of any kind, keep necessary information and synchronize it across any type and any number of platforms: I use it simultaneously on Macbook, two Windows computers and iPhone and it always synchs smoothly. Unlike many other alternatives, there is a great system of nested notebooks which makes it super easy to group and arrange the information. Other great options: saving PDF files inside, add notes by sending whatever to an assigned email address, tagging, search in everything, and of course, collaboration options. Other small but great add-ons are Web clipper for desktop and mobile browsers and external mobile apps.

Cons

I've been using this software since 2010 and still sometimes feel overwhelmed with a plethora of settings and tweaks. I understand how overly complex and frightening it can look to a new user, that will most likely compare it with Apple Notes or so. Over the past years, Evernote has made some positive changes in the overall design, as well as the functionality (and simplicity of creating) of tables and pictures editing. However, this is still not enough to be called easy. Additionally, there can be great problems with document formatting when copying something from Web.

Ing Siang
  • Industry: Government Administration

Reviewed on 10/01/2019

Perfect for small business in need of a flexible solution for File Management, Sharing & Collab

Pros

Love the flexibility, especially the way you can embed different files within Evernote, and render them within itself (e.g. you can view Office, Xmind, PDF and other files in your notes, either as attachment or as inline render (which is very useful).

There's also some nice features like password-protected redaction of words/information in a note, classic note links (useful for cross-linking of notes) etc.

And all these wrapped within the most important thing about Evernote - its platform agnostic nature, and very robust search engine (OCR enabled).

Cons

It is hard to use - the use case is not obvious and many users and companies failed to harness its power because Evernote doesn't have a very natural way of using it "correctly". There's just too many ways to use it. And it is really difficult to keep Evernote "organised" - for personal Evernote, you can say that's perfectly fine because you probably shouldn't have tried to organise your notes (you should treat it as a brain dump, and use search instead of trying to find things navigationally), but for business, you need to organise your stuffs and Evernote still lacks the ability to enforce certain control on that. You have to rely on your team members' ability to regulate themselves and tag notes rigorously and consistently.

It also has certain limitation that's not very desirable, e.g. lack of password-protection feature of an entire note, lack of more levels when it comes to organisation of notes in notebooks (no further stacking, bundle of notebooks etc.), and you almost certainly have to use Tags instead of Notebooks to effectively organise your notes.

Janosch
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 23/11/2018

The best personal note taking App - still medicore in business use

I love Evernote for my personal Projects. I would not trade it for any other application in this segment for my personal and private Projects. In Business Projects my enthusiasm falters as the rugged edges which I am happy to tolerate in spare time projects are getting annoying fast when there is team efficency or pressure from clients. In my Opinion Evernote business has been somewhat bolted onto the most popular Note taking and management application, trying to utilize an extremely versatile and powerful core for business cases. It leaves me with a somewhat stale taste as I whish to use a business application which is not the add on to something else but an A priority project that receives maximum attention. Then again in the time I used Evernote I have been positively suprised time and again and I am sticking with this, at least for some more time.

Pros

I use Evernote personally for about when it first emerged on Iphone and Ipad. Since then it went up and down and donw and up, it was a Rollercoaster Ride. Sometimes I came close to quiting, the again I carried on with it. Everything became more severe when I started to invite Colleagues and Friends for personal and professional Projects. a great Boost always was - most knew the product and had next to zero animosities or better to put it the other way round: Even the not-so-much bunch of people were okay in colaborating via Evernote. On Top of it, it was available on their favourite Platform (no one had to switch form Android to iOS or vici versa). Everyone knew how to use the editor, things didn't look to pretty at the start but then, after a while, like a game you get the hang of after a couple of rounds, it got better and better. Tables, Images, even embeded Videos. It all got together. Also we could choose which data would be encrypted and which was okay to stay unencrypted. Thinsg synced fine and we also had an integrated chat. Basically, Evernote had covered a lot of the needs we had as a team as wel as a band of friends in private Projects. The Features you require are there and they are easy to use.
Also, the team behind evernote is quick regarding upcoming Platform changes and usually Evernote is up to the newest iterration of the Operting System it runs on verry quickly.

Cons

Speaking of the features which are there...as it is often the case with growing platforms, there are some which are just not...my type of thing. Document templates might be something for some people, but not for us. Also, the Features are not homogenous on the different platforms. Thats right, if you want to do search-and-replace you better do not try to do it on a mac. Right Features like this are missing. Inviting People also can get a real pain in the arm in case they use Evernote privately without a busines account, as can the abominable dialogue for sharing notes on mac. It is absolutely clear that evernote is incredibly ambitious by supplying native clients for iOS, Android, Windows, MacOs PLUS a Webfrontend. This realy is awesome but it leads to raged edges when you are power user, save a team of such working cross Platform un complex projects.

Dan

Reviewed on 13/11/2018

Long time user

Pros

Evernote stores important data and information that may be used later. It is a focal application for data acquisition that may be used in any business venue, especially in a business like yours where there is data gathered from many different sources and where many different work procedures need to be implemented for running the business efficiently.
Neither data may be lost nor timed actions depending on the information may be missed or miss-executed.

We can say that Evernote:

1. Stores information in a form of files called "Notes".
The Notes can contain text, files (any kind of file), photos, hyperlinks, audio recordings, video, screen clips, business cards. There are some features specific to the way Evernote can store information contained in a web page as;
1. Full page
2. Article
3. Simplified article
4. Screenshot
5. Bookmark
The web clipping functionality has not been implemented nearly as well in any competing product such as OneNote.

2. Notes are grouped in the "Notebooks"
Notebooks are like the Collections of related Notes, which indeed is very intuitive.

3. Notes can be “Tagged”
The Tags add finely "textured" categories - as a form of the "metadata", allowing for finer "indexing" of information and more useful aggregation of notes with the same tags/categories.
For example; in a "Project" notebook, we can have tags such as:
1. Collecting data,
2. Preparing data,
3. Analysing data,
4. Presenting a proposal,
5. Project implementation
6. etc…
In this way, the "Kanban" project management applications, such as Trello, can effectively use the Evernote notes as "cards" on Kanban dashboard lists. There is also a product called "Kanbanote" which can visually display tagged Evernote notes in a Kanban dashboard sequence of subsequently executed lists of actionable cards. In that way, a Note becomes an actionable "Kanban Card".

4. Notes can have "reminders" added.
The reminders allow for the Calendaring and time tracking of activities related to the information contained in Notes and Notebooks. Evernote can effectively be used as a Task management application saving time and money and simplifying employee training.

5. Information can be shared
Every Note and Notebook can be shared as a "dynamic" Note so that the people you share the Note with can review your content and add changes - or the Note can be shared in the "Static" form as a message containing the information of the shared Note. The message can be sent as an e-mail or as any other kind of message.

6. Information can be searched for, located and retrieved
One of the real strengths of Evernote has been the capability to perform a full-text search, searching not only within the Note title or contents but also within the attached documents, where I would definitely point out the PDF text search that can be performed over the internet on the Evernote servers.

8. Scanning, OCR and data patterns recognition
Evernote Premium subscription, that I definitely recommend, also has the neat option of scanning documents and business cards of your clients and customers, performing optical character recognition on the Evernote servers, connecting with your contacts management application, such as Google contacts or similar - and proposing a way to store the OCR-ed information in your Contacts with quite accurate matching of the information for the card to the fields of your contact management application.

Cons

e main deficiency with Evernote is you cannot create notes and share them without sending them via email, twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, or with a general link. It would be great to allow one person access to certain notes through the website, similar to Google Drive. I don’t believe this functionality is available though. Maybe this is part of their business features, we have not evaluated this portion of Evernote at this time. Another deficiency with this program is the size of storage available for free. Evernote offers 60 megabytes of space with their free level of the program.