About ContentKing

Ensure customers find your most valuable digital content with 24/7 website monitoring from ContentKing, now part of the #1 enterprise organic marketing platform from Conductor. Website changes happen, and they happen fast....

Browse ContentKing Reviews

Oombawka Design

Reviewed on 26/06/2018

Straightforward and Easy To Use SEO Tool

This software is helping me to take control of my site and the seo issues I didn't even realize it had. It is also allowing me to fix these issues quickly and track all the changes I've made. It audits my site regularly to make sure everything is as it should be and notifies me when something changes.

Pros

Ease of use. It is very straightforward and this makes it super easy to use for regular website and blog owners. You don't need to be an SEO Guru to be able to manage and improve your SEO on your site. Audits are run on your sites and you are notified of all possible SEO issues and you are able to sort them by priority as well as ignore those that you do not need to focus on or fix. Each suggestion is clickable and you can go right to the page or post on your site to fix what you need to fix.

I test-drove more than 5 other SEO Tools this spring and Content King is by far the most user friendly and it does everything I want it to do. It also has the best customer service I've come across out of the tools I've tried.

Cons

The cost is a little bit steep for a blogger (small business). It is definitely worth it though and it is priced very competitively with the other SEO Tools I have test-driven.

Max

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

SEO Safety and change monitoring at a great price

Content King has saved us a few times, highlighting issues that would have caused a decline in SEO performance, such as:

- We accidently blocked one of our sites from being crawled by search engines via the robots.txt file
- An error caused canonical tags to change pointing to redirect URLS
- During website migration Title tags changed from what they were previously

Without ContentKing, we any have not noticed any of these until we randomly stumbled across them. With ContentKing we get notified within hours.

Pros

The ability to crawl websites in real time and then alert and track the changes is really what sets this tool apart from its competitors.

Actually, there are no exact competitors at the time of this review, as all the competition are just website crawlers, but don't actually offer the proactive crawling, alerting and change monitoring that Content King does.

Their customer service is second to none and probably the best customer server I have ever received.

Cons

Compared to other website crawlers, Content King is somewhat lacking in the number of different things it can check for. However, the real time crawling and alerting is what sets this apart from the others.

Lumar

Reasons for Switching to ContentKing

No other tool has the real time crawling, alerting and change monitoring. The price is extremally competitive and much less compared to other enterprise solutions.
Jay

Reviewed on 24/05/2018

Easy to use tool to monitor SEO and content

Pros

Value for money is really high. Multiple crawls per day, so you are notified of issues and updates right away.

Cons

It's a relatively new tool, so there are some minor features that are still in progress. However, the team is very responsive and helpful and updates often.

Top ContentKing Alternatives

Oli

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

It's time to automate those time consuming, manual technical checks!

Pros

+ An innovative platform that proactively monitors all your sites 24/7, ContentKing turns hours of analysis into minutes, as well as alerting you within minutes of changes occurring on the site.

+ The tracked changes feature highlights exactly what's different, allowing you to quickly prevent an over-enthusiastic client or developer from undermining your SEO efforts.

+ Also one of the only services on the market with scalable pricing based on your exact usage (in pages), rather than having to fit your requirements into a predefined package, as is the case with most SaaS providers.

Cons

No real concerns for us using ContentKing, it's a developing platform with new features being added regularly and a fantastic support team to clear up any issues and listen to new feature requests.

Stanimir

Reviewed on 30/04/2018

A must-have for any business

visibility and continuous control over our content
peace of mind
increased organic search traffic

Pros

It gives me the information I need out of the box. It gives me visibility on the SEO and overall health of our website. It provides immediate actionable insights. It gives me a peace of mind that our growing website is monitored with the deep expertise from ContentKing.
I love the interface!
And I like that the ContentKing team keeps introducing new valuable features all the time. I love the new Google Analytics integration - very useful!

Cons

It is hard to point anything out because ContentKing does provide the value it promises. You can tell that there was a lot of thought put into it.

Neil

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Fantastic for avoiding any SEO disasters!

We can ensure that our development and search visibility teams are now fully aligned, and any SEO disasters are quickly averted thanks to the real time change tracking.

Pros

Love the real time change tracking. It makes it so easy to ensure that our development team don't have any inadvertent adverse impact on our search visibility. UX is fantastic too - shout out to whoever is responsible for that!

The support team are also excellent and respond quickly, very impressed.

Cons

Honestly I can't think of anything I really dislike. Perhaps the per-page pricing can be a little awkward at first (wasn't entirely sure how many pages we had) but that's a very very minor point in what is overall an excellent product.

Jacky

Reviewed on 04/05/2018

Great tool that replaces industry leading software

Great version control as well as quality assurance.

Pros

My favorite aspect of Content King is the customer service and user experience. You can tell they really invested in these two pillars.

Cons

Pricing can get high once you add a couple larger sites to their tool. Luckily clients are more than happy to pay for it!

Evan

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

ContentKing Routinely Saves the Day

Reliability, change tracking, accountability.

Pros

Love ContentKing and the fact that I know it is always up to date. I don't have to schedule crawls or reports, I just log in and get the latest issues and action items and go on my way. With the record keeping/change tracking, it provides a level of clarity that others tools can not.

Cons

There isn't much to dislike about CK. I really haven't found anything that has been a hinderance to me.

Dennis

Reviewed on 17/05/2018

This is what you absolutely need as an SEO!

Pros

This tool has the ability to find SEO problems before they actually become a problem. It monitors complete websites for changes that have a potential to break it SEO wise. Its a must have tool!

Cons

That they weren't there when I needed them a couple of years ago. Honestly, no complaints about it. They have a great support team, if you have anything you don't like or miss, they think about a solution or fill up the developers backlog.

Laurent

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

With ContentKing I can easily resolve SEO issues and work together with clients.

Pros

This software provides quick access to important SEO data of a website, especially regarding on-page indexability issues. Its user experience is a major asset, as it allows you to work very easily with a client or a web agency. Finally, the historical change tracking information is very useful.

Cons

Some link overviews are not yet exportable in Excel format. But at the pace of how the software evolves, it won't be long!

Shane
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 27/01/2021

A Tremendous Tool & Then Some

Overall, ContentKing is an indispensable tool for any SEO. The user interface is super clean and very easy to navigate, the tracking is very accurate and super reliable and I'm able to rest easy, knowing that I'll always have a reliable record of changes made to a page in the event that I need to restore previous versions. A tremendous tool and then some, thank you ContentKing!

Pros

Add a website to ContentKing and any changes made to that website that might affect it's SEO will be automatically tracked so that you can safely experiment with various elements and revert back to prior versions if required. No more manually tracking changes by hand in a spreadsheet, each time even the slightest change is made, ContentKing will pick it up and add it to a growing list of every change made to that page.

Cons

Although ContentKing is easily integrated with Google Analytics & Search Console, and does provide basic stats for each page, there's not way to track how updates to a Title or Meta-Description might have impacted Click Through Rate from one change to the next. That would be a great addition to this terrific tool.

Jan-Willem

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Great user friendly SEO tool with actionable insights

Pros

Real-time monitoring of the website and keeping track of historical changes. The to do list is very easy to use and actionable. A big advantage compared to other SEO tools. The support is great, ContentKing listen to their users, for example new features

Cons

It is not yet a complete tool. Insights into rankings, a number of additional technical issues are still welcome. In addition, there are occasionally some errors in the monitoring and it is not always 100% current

Nick

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Perfect for tracking and troubleshooting on-page issues.

I don't have to make manual report of site changes, I get alerts when developer forgets redirects or changes content. I have easy overview of all pages and can segment them. ...

Pros

It saves me so much time. It also alerts me when issues appear, so we can make sure to fix everything before we see ranking drops. The ContentKing team is also updating this tool on a regular basis, making it better every time.

Cons

There used to be no integration with Google Search Console. But they recently added this feature. Thanks for listening to the community, ContentKing team!

Charlotte

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Content King gives a very clear insight of what's going on on my website at any time !

Pros

Its reports are very complete and you can customize them to better fit your needs by ignoring some issues (which are not truly important). Also, every time I had the slightest issue and I had contacted the customer support, there were very patient and nice to help me understand what was going on or how could I achieve what I wanted to do.
From a UX point of view, the interface is very user-friendly and nice to use. You have a general overview of your website's situation and then you can dig deeper into what matters to you.
What I also like is that they keep a history of what has happened on the pages so that you can go back in time and assess the improvements made on a specific page or understand when and why a page started to derail.

Cons

I don't feel really concerned by this section since the team was always willing to help me master Content King and was always very interested in having feedbacks to keep improving the software. Lately, for instance, they released a new function giving you the opportunity to connect your Content King account to your Search Console account to always have a better insight of what's going on with your website.

Dimitar

Reviewed on 01/05/2019

Compliments Google Analytics nicely

Pros

After the initial set up ,ContentKing is great at automating tedious tasks and also following up the progress on a lot of separate projects .I'm especially pleased with how quickly updates are incorporated .

Cons

It is a pricey solution ,but worth it . Also , you have to be very careful not to miss a webpage when adding them manually

Jonathan

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

A tool makes it possible to follow the health of my sites.

Pros

Lets see all the problems of my sites easily and quickly.
Contenking does the work for me, I just have to correct the mistakes.
It has become a tool that is mainly used when creating a site or a redesign

Cons

- Updating some pages sometimes takes time. Some pages that no longer exist are not deleted.
- I would like to have the loading time of each page.
- See pages that have very content (too close), duplicate content
- A smartphone app
- Video tutorials explaining the various functionalities

Anne
  • Industry: Publishing
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/05/2021

ContentKing Seemlessly Captures Content Changes

I think the program does an outstanding job of proactively alerting you to issues and problems. For example, if I made some critical error, I know ContentKing will send me an alert. The dashboard is also good for seeing overall trends.

Pros

I often need to go back and see what I changed on a page. The app has a feature called "Tracked Changes" that provides a timeline of important changes such as title, headings, trackers, and meta descriptions. While it doesn't cover all content changes, it's the right amount.

Cons

The program is excellent about sending alerts and then a note when they are fixed. However, I do get alerts about broken links and then, shortly after, a note about them being fixed. I also wish the alert gave more context, such as whether it was an internal or external link.

Robert
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 06/08/2018

ContentKing overcame our expectation as an SEO auditing tool

We've planned website migration and were looking for an alternative of on-page crawlers (Screaming Frog etc.), needed something with better UX what works in real-time and not analyzing only once when it's requested.

ContentKing met and even overcame our expectation as an SEO auditing tool. Especially its proactive alerting system for changes and problems saved us from a lot of trouble during a big website migration.

Pros

- Alert system for sudden problems with URLs and others important on-page SEO parameters is a huge benefit for big e-commerces.
- Possibility to see and check history of changes on the page level whenever we need.
- Automatic reports, overviews and filtering options are saving us a lot of time.
- App is also very easy to use and has a clear UX.

Cons

We didn't find any major negatives. Just details like that the app is not checking redirects chains, some links overview are not exportable and there is no possibility to have invoices for different companies in one account.

Igor

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

If you're working on your website make sure to track changes with Content King

Less time worrying about breaking something. Lots of useful insights for improvements. Plus their team constatly provides useful content which helps with working on projects.

Pros

Content king makes it nearly impossible to screw something up, pretty much everything is monitored and reported. Great way to stay in control of things and make sure that every action is beneficial to your website.

Cons

Luckily I didn't encounter any issues yet, os the only drawback I can think of is that live support is not 24/7, but that's totally a first world problem.

Reviewed on 03/12/2019

An Absolutely Necessary Tool for Every Web & SEO Agency

My overall experience has been fantastic. The team is extremely communicative and wants to ensure our success with the software. I love it!

Pros

How it is so easy to set up, and customization is extremely simple. Everything you want it to do, it does, without having to figure anything out considering how straight-forward and simple it is to use.

Cons

This is a tough question. While I love literally everything about ContentKing, I would say that I do wish the price was a little lower.

Charles
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 23/05/2018

Best User-Friendly Real-Time Auditing Tool on the Market!

Pros

I think it's ability to detect technical issues promptly which can save you hours of time, trying to diagnose SEO problems. I also love the interface, it's a lot more user-friendly than a lot of the other SEO auditing tools on the market.

Cons

Pricing model - we love the software but would prefer it to be a monthly subscription so we have a clear indication of how much we can budget for this tool. Paying per website isn't the most feasible especially as we scale up and take on more and more clients.

Response from ContentKing

Hi Charles, thank you for the kind words!

Regarding your feedback on the pricing model: check out our flexible Agency Plans which we created for use-cases such as yours. On the Agency Plans you don't pay per website but only for the total amount of pages you need, which you can distribute amongst your clients in any way you see fit. See: https://www.contentkingapp.com/agency-pricing/

Replied 13/06/2018
Bas
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 18/05/2018

Handy and well organized SEO tool

On page SEO improvements give us the possibility to optimize on a daily basis.

Pros

This tool is very easy to use and gives a full and clear overview of current SEO status of the website. Next to that I get on page level a clear guidance where and what to improve.

Cons

You can use this tool only for on page SEO purposes. So if you are looking for keyword analysis, this is not the right tool for you.

Richard

Reviewed on 01/09/2021

Really easy to use and lots of value

Pros

The email integration is really useful - the elements it tracks in terms of changes are generally on point and it is really easy to set up.

Cons

It maybe sends a few too many emails - this might be something we need to improve as users of the product though.

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

The only SEO tool that monitors your site 24/7. Great

Pros

Customer support is fast and hassle-free. There is always the possibility to ask anything, which is the wise advantage of this application

Cons

So far I have not found anything I could write here. Everything is cool.

Eduardo "Eddie"

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Intuitive SEO tracking

It helped us track the performance of all our pages and measure the impact of our optimizations.

Pros

It is very easy to understand your SEO performance. The platform is easy to navigate and you can find insights rather quickly. Absolutely loved the onboarding.

Cons

I would suggest adding some contextual information for those starting our with SEO.