About Sage 100cloud

Sage 100cloud is a market-leading cloud-connected ERP platform for medium-sized manufacturers, distributors, and professional service businesses. Financials, budgeting and planning, inventory, supply chain, production management,...

Browse Sage 100cloud Reviews

Blake B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

Huge improvements over earlier Sage products

We've been able to greatly improve how our manufacturing processes across various locations are reflected in our budgets and accounting practices. It's saved us thousands of hours per year in terms of extracting the data, manipulating it, and putting it back into Sage for final reporting. You can now do that within Sage 100.

Pros

Our organization moved from Sage 50 to Sage 100 and wow, what a difference! We thought Sage was the issue, but really the business had just outgrown the more base version of the software. Sage 100 can fully handle complex costing and processes present in a modern day manufacturing business. It can collect data at various nodes in the process and roll them up for budgeting and forecasting.

Cons

We use a lot of agile software platforms on our sales and ecommerce side of the business, and Sage 100's API catalog doesn't really keep up with what's needed to move quickly in 2020.

SAP ERP, Dynamics 365 and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100cloud

The organization had outgrown Sage50 and needed more robust accounting software

Sage 50cloud

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100cloud

We were familiar with Sage and their support team from our previous usage of Sage50.
Renee N.

Reviewed on 18/02/2017

Fortunately this version has been upgraded

I work in the manufacturing industry, specifically a foundry in Chicago.
Several factors bias my experience with MAS90/Sage 100. I was introduced to the software with no training or reference guide because the woman before me left suddenly and without any documentation. In a certain perspective that speaks well of this product in that simply by internet research and experimentation, as well as a few call to our highly paid "Sage" support line, I have been able to work with the system adequately.
I would love to upgrade to a new version of this Sage product and imagine that it is very likely a much cleaner and straight forward operating system
For instance, the difference between reversing a check and simply reversing the G/L transaction are two different procedures and a third procedure to void a check that has never been issued is a different procedure entirely from voiding a check that you have placed a stop payment on. In a sense, these five distinctions would be ideal for a precise audit trail if the procedures themselves were not extremely complex and vague to distinguish.
The General Leger reports are clear and are in themselves user friendly in offering the opportunity to easily make accrued and adjusting entries.
I would certainly encourage anyone to investigate the newer versions of Sage in consideration of their industry specific needs.
We have not created a direct interface between our receivables data base "Exact" directly into MAS 90 due to the particular need to maintain specific Alloy/Customer information and our small company simply lacks the time and technical understanding to do so.
Again my situation is severely biased due to my particular circumstances and I believe a newer version of Sage may very likely be an excellent ERP.

Pros

If I can figure out a highly antiquated version of their product without internal direction and assistance, I suspect the newer versions of Sage can only be fat superior.

Cons

A complete mire of ambiguity when it comes to the Accounts Payable component in this ancient version by Sage:MAS 90

Stosh S.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 16/05/2020

To many steps to do simple daily process

Sage works, support companies and eide bailey sold it to us did not do there due diligence in my opinion selling us the software we needed that would handle what we do. Integration problems and being told to use a certain card processing that did not work without a bridge with fusion costing us more money and have had it out 4 times in the last week.

Pros

The accounting portion is probably the most complete.

Cons

To me there is several cons we have found after the purchase. My biggest complaint being the amount of time it takes to do simple process. Example: when we have price changes and adjustments to make, it can not be done from a central place. As a dealer that is retail and wholesale both, we have to change retail in one screen, wholesale on another, and finally cost in a completely different location. When you have 30k items this takes 4 times longer than other systems. My other major complaint is dealing with several different companies to get everything you need to support sage for daily operation. We have experienced finger pointing back and forth from the support companies of whose problem it is and nothing gets corrected for months. As I say we are over 2 years from our sign up and it has been a multitude of issues and we are still not complete. Delays on large orders put into fusion portion are a time killer.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Choosing Sage 100cloud

Problems with the accounting

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100cloud

Supposedly it will do way more than we will ever use, if it does I haven't realized it as of yet. FYI I have filled out a survey before after the first year and was contacted once about my issues and no one has ever got back with me and addressed any of the issues. It has went up the chain a few months after and again no response.

Top Sage 100cloud Alternatives

Kathryn R.

waiting for many enhancements Sage 100 Contractor

been a struggle and had to create many manual systems outside the software to operate and manage the business

Pros

covers all the basic functions

Cons

missing many key functions, has too many restricted areas that need to be more user-friendly, that were not designed by real life users

FOUNDATION

Reasons for Switching to Sage 100cloud

had hoped that the large software company would use its resources as the sales rep promised to get the enhancements we were told were in the works, years ago. We are still waiting and have reminded Sage every year since.
Shawn P.

Sage 100 Love Hate Relationship

It has been a mixed bag. Having used since Mas 90 4.05. We are "comfortable withe the software and it does the job for us. Currnetly running Sage 100 2019. Upgraded from 2017 because we had to due to payroll module support.

For a small business this is very expensive software and I often feel that we could do what we need with less expensive software. For what we pay annually to Sage and what we pay every 2 years to a Support company for basically mandatory upgrades, I am not sure we get our moneys worth. This will probably be the last upgrade we do for a Sage product. Will start looking for an alternative, more modern feeling cloud based solution with plans to rollover in 2022 unless something changes with our current platform.

Pros

There are a lot of features that help us run our business

Cons

Many of the features are inconsistent in the implementation. Lack of standardization in reports.

Victoria V.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

Perfect ERP Software for medium sized businesses

We have been with Sage for almost 7 years and it has saved us much time and money. Our old software was clunky and not customizable. We are able to now do multiple tasks at the same time, even within different companies.

Pros

Ease of use, ease of customization. Excellent customer support, excellent value for the money. Great for organizations with multiple entities - ability to switch between companies/work in different companies at the same time.

Cons

After a sales order is completed, you cannot "resurrect" it - you must generate a new number and "copy" the old sales order from history.

Trey D.

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

Good program

Pros

There seems to be a module for just about everything we need to within out company, which is very nice. It was pretty easy to learn with just a little bit of practice, much of it is self explanatory to new users! I do believe that ease of use is a major pro for Sage 100. I'm pleased with amount of data/reports we can process and print out, the information we need is almost always at our finger tips.

Cons

With multiple people using this throughout our organization, it'd be nice if two people could be in the same module at once. We're constantly going door to door trying to figure out who's in a certain module and when they'll be out of it. We reference a pay rate change report often, every time we click out of it, it asks if we want to purge all the files. Someone will accidentally click it someday- why would we want to do that? I also find myself getting a number of errors and the program shutting down on me. Often times if I shut my computer down and try again it'll work correctly when I open it back up.

Johanes S.

Sage 100 - My Review

It's good, but your Sage Reporting and what else so confusing, it must have this and that license it ended up adding money which total subscription is not viable for small business pricing but medium or larger business. so we use barebones as what we have now.

Pros

Easy for user especially modules which is showing step by step

Cons

to add module costs lots of money, does not make sense for small business like our Company, your pricing is comparable for medium or large business pricing

SAP Customer Experience

no plan to find alternative yet due to covid-19 business environment
Kimberly T.

Reviewed on 14/05/2019

A Well Travelled Work Horse

Its a great product for the small business client looking for audit-compliance, reporting and a trust-worthy product without spending a lot. If mobility is not a huge concern for you and you want to keep your operating costs low, choose Sage 100.

Pros

Sage 100 is very well suited for financial record keeping, distribution management and reporting on these business operations. Functionally, it is very reliable and straight forward to use. It was the first accounting software I ever used in a professional setting and I continue to think in terms of the way items are processed in Sage 100. Because it has been around for decades, there is a substantial amount of knowledge available to new users by way of Sage City and the number of consultants available for support is also a huge asset. The subscription pricing makes it very simple to purchase and include as an operating cost for the lifetime of the business and there are great integrations available in the channel.

Cons

I wish there was a mobile app that gave access to the approval functions and other areas of the product that would be convenient when traveling away from the office - or even just working remotely. Remote accessing a server is very inconvenient and there are so many browser-based systems in business already. Sage 100 feels behind the times without this functionality.

Chris P.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Long Time User

Customer support is usually goo

Pros

The day to day use of the software works well

Cons

Every time we update the software or move to a new version, we have glitches and have to call for support.
It's also harder now to make custom reports for payroll (since it is a stand alone module)

Tracy B.

Sage 100 -

Pros

All the modules are set up the same. We have 8 modules and the set up is the same style.

Cons

Reporting could be easier. They are moving to crystal reports and being able to export from each module but they are not there yet. Attaching tables is a pain to deal with.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Reviewed on 07/05/2020

Easy to teach new employees

The payroll program works very well with our time clock program. The AP and AR modules are easy to navigate.

Pros

Our program is very customized to our specific needs. We have several different price levels based on customer pricing and species pricing (for which type of lumber is used). It is very easy to teach new employees the proper procedures with this software.

Cons

For some reason, the program shuts down on its own. I've been told it's "because the user is clicking too often, which then confuses the software so it shuts down."

Renee P.

Reviewed on 12/05/2020

Proper training required

The transfer to Sage 100 was very frustrating. Part of the issue that made it so frustrating was caused by the company hired to help us with the transfer.

Pros

The ability to quickly change between companies is a plus for me. The inventory valuation is a big upgrade.

Cons

This software is not intuitive. You have to know exactly what you are looking for in order to find things. We upgraded from Sage 50 to Sage 100 so I was surprised at the learning curve. In truth, the only things that are similar between Sage 50 and Sage 100 was that Sage was in the name of both.

Larry V.

Reviewed on 21/05/2020

Bill of Materials with ERP

We upgraded recently from MAS90 to Sage 100 and get kept going with few problems. Sage 100 works seamlessly with our various Windows applications. The seamless ERP integration, history and reporting features have provided valuable support for our company over the years. It was one of our best early decisions.

Pros

When we started the business 20 years ago, we needed a good Bill of Materials integration with an ERP system. This software provided that. The company has grown with the software. The software easily integrates with the Microsoft Office tools.

Cons

There are a lot features for much larger companies that we do not use. The CRM feature is not easily integrated. It requires separate installation.

Nicole M.

Reviewed on 31/01/2020

LOVE Sage 50!

Pros

- User Friendly
- Easy To Use
- Simple To Understand

Cons

- N/A ..... I literally love everything!

QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

- Reviews
Emay K.

Reviewed on 16/04/2015

Excellent Accounting Software

Pros

Sage 100 ERP is an excellent accounting software to use. The description field for GL entry can capture up to 2,000 characters and it doesn't get cut off like other accounting softwares. You can easily run a detailed GL report to get all the information you need without pulling the invoices to see. This is also good for handling large volume of data with system generated journal entry numbers.

Cons

There are improvements that can be made. For example, there should be a separate invoice number field and separate field for period posting. For example, if I want to post a January invoice in period 4, I should be able to do it instead of letting the date be the driver of which period it gets posted to. Also a separate field for department code instead of linking GL account and department code as a GL account. I would like to run GL Detail report by department codes.

John F.

Reviewed on 08/05/2020

Not the best but it works

Pros

It does work. Painful amount of steps to go through to book anything. Once every 2 weeks erp server goes down and needs to be rebooted.

Cons

I don't understand why I continuously pay every year and am still running 2017 version. When I ask about upgrade to current year they say it will cost you but not say how much. I'm hosting the software on my servers. What am i paying for???

Dawn O.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 20/03/2018

Great Accounting Software for Larger Companies!

I have used Sage for over 10 years now. I prefer the detail capabilities it offers and love how I can customize it to work for my reports.

Pros

Once you understand how Sage works, it is easy to navigate every module. Financial reports can be set up to pull in whatever order or format you need them in. Budget numbers can be added in for easy variance reporting.

Cons

Initial training on how to use the software can be a bit overwhelming. I recommend offsite training at a Sage retailer.

Perry G.

Reviewed on 06/03/2019

Software is good, but the cloud is not

Pros

They have all the data and functionality we need, the reports are good, the speed of access is decent.

Cons

It is cloud based and we have to pay them every single day for the rest of our lives. We want to have our data local and this does not let us do it. Also, they are not updating the software with any new real features. They are treating it like they treated ACT, like a cash cow. No real improvments, just more money and less support.

Kelly P.

Reviewed on 18/07/2019

Sage 100

Pros

Sage accounting products are very stable and I know that I can rely on the data within. If there is a rare issue with data corruption, it is very easy to run an integrity check to fix the problem. I find the user interface very accountant friendly and easy to use.

Cons

No dislikes. I would like to be able to create more customized reporting, but fortunately, I can export data to excel and create my own reports from there.

Stephen G.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Long time user of this product

Really excellent and the reason I have used Sage in my current business and many more before.

Pros

Sage has been around for a long time and it is clear they lead the space in features and functionality. They have thought of everything you could possible need or wish to do.

Cons

Sometimes all those features can be confusing and trying to navigate the options can confusing but the online support is very very helpful

Connie M.

Reviewed on 30/09/2020

Dynamic Accounting Software

Sage gets the job done. It takes us from billing the customers and paying our bills to the end of the month customer statements and financial statements.

Pros

The software is perfect for billing customers, sending statements, gathering finacial data for financial reporting.

Cons

It could be a bit more user friendly. You can use the help system to figure out most things you might not be familiar with however.

• Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 12/09/2018

Easy and clear for your bookkeeping needs

I quite like the software and would recommend. I also use Quickbooks, but Sage suits me much better.

Pros

Really easy to understand and get up and running. Simple workflows and very easy to see the underlying transactions .
Adjustments and corrections are a breeze.

Cons

Only issue I have is with electronic file transfers for payments to my bank. Sage keeps sequential files numbers for each of the different payment types (eg. Payroll and Suppliers), but my bank requires the numbers to be sequential overall. Each time I have to adjust the file number to the proper number so my bank does not reject it.
Online support and training material is adequate, but if you need a real person support is limited - hard to get any response and often need to pay.

Debbie L.

Reviewed on 14/02/2019

Pros

ease of use of software easy to integratee with other products

Cons

job cost invoicing , MTD, YTD, and JTd includes sales tax collected. totally wrong, and reporting is incorrect when calculating gross margin for reporting and calculating commissions based on Gross margin. how can this be. this must be fixed. this bug is costing our company unnecceesary monies

Jennifer G.

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

Sage 100 Review

I have had a great experience with Sage 100cloud. Meets all of my accounting needs.

Pros

Ease of use. Easy to search and find past accounts payables and receivables. Easy to navigate and enter new payables.

Cons

The setup of recurring monthly transactions. It’s difficult to setup and add different Memo’s/Invoice numbers for different months.