About Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor is a cloud-based email marketing solution that helps businesses manage new subscriptions, send email newsletters and generate reports. It caters to businesses of all sizes across various industry verticals. The...

Browse Campaign Monitor Reviews

Annie K.

Reviewed on 16/09/2021

Easy to use both with the email builder software and also uploading custom coded

So perfect for managing multiple clients, multiple campaigns, and multiple brands all in one place. Easy to upload email campaigns and set to different audience lists as well as different credit cards for payment purposes.

Pros

I love that this software lets you either upload your own custom coded emails OR you can use their email builder. We manage a lot of different clients and for some, we have our own, custom programmed email campaigns, and for others, we use the builder. The builder is a lot more customizable than one might think. sometimes you have to get creative with how to make it look a certain way, but it can be clean, minimal, and on-brand in minutes. I also love that when you upload your own coded emails, it checks to make sure all of the files add up and will tell you if there is an error.

Cons

Sometimes I wish the custom builder software was even MORE customizable, but I understand that in order for it to be that easy to use, you can't make it too much more complicated with customizing.

• Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 22/12/2019

Do not recommend. Better Platforms for the price.

There are many platforms out there at a much lower cost that offer more robust features and functionality and that can be hooked up to Salesforce in a way that might not be as seamless but would be worth it.

Pros

It is fairly easy to use and integrates with Salesforce, which is why we chose it over Pardot when making an initial selection.

Cons

There are many limitations, from design to ability to customize the registration confirmation message (no modal???). Also, no way to tell the difference between hard bounces, which makes it impossible to automate deactivation of contacts in Salesforce.

Annie guo V.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 16/08/2021

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Cons

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Mailchimp and Constant Contact

Top Campaign Monitor Alternatives

Gareth N.

Reviewed on 05/02/2020

Rock solid

We use Campaign Monitor to keep track of lists on course registrations. We've had the same code running for years and have never run into issues. The API is very stable and after 5 years we haven't had any issues, no breaking changes or anything related to it. I'm very happy with the services provided.

Pros

I liked the documentation, it's nice and easy to read as well as follow. Integrating with their API was also easy, I had no issues with that and works well. The responses are great and errors that you do get are easy to understand and resolve.

Cons

I can't fault Campaign Monitor on anything regarding our use case, it has fulfilled our desired use cases.

Ryan E.
  • Industry: Warehousing
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/04/2020

Selling e-Mail Marketing

Support has been great when needed. Our emails are going out without being blocked and we are getting great information back on tracking for each email campaign we setup.

Pros

Not only is this platform very easy to use to create and build email newsletters and support emails it gives you the ability to white label and brand the software to sell as a service to your current clients. Adding revenue to support your sales and marketing clients through email marketing.

Cons

The template designer which is very easy to use and has quality templates is lacking in the customization aspect the designs are. How ever you can code and upload your own email designs.

Reviewed on 10/11/2018

Great product for small biz, but limited capabilities

I can quickly build one template and create different versions of it. Or, I can make duplicates of an existing email, and make any edits I want. It's very easy to use for basic email creation and deployment.

Pros

There are a dozens of templates to choose from, or you can build your own campaign. Easy to get started, easy to set up deployments.

Cons

I've never been able to upload prebuilt html into the platform. Supposedly you can, but we had a designer, and two managers all sitting around the computer for nearly an hour trying to figure it out to no avail.

And a more robust search feature would be great - like the ability to search by subject line or key word.

Anne M.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/03/2019

The Smartest Place for Email Marketers to hang out!

I first became aware of Campaign Monitor many years ago when I was getting my start in email marketing. I learned so much from all the important resources on their website, which really helped me to leverage competitive design strategies for my campaigns.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a leader in the industry because they provide a great product and fantastic support - their site is a treasure trove of need to know information on email marketing, all at your fingertips whenever you need it. This combination really gives you the edge when it comes to creating, testing, and launching competitive campaigns that drive engagement with your audience and result in increased conversions.

Cons

What's not to like? Campaign Monitor has so many advantages there's not anything to complain about!

Kris K.

Reviewed on 28/06/2018

An expansive email marketing tool.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a full-featured, high-quality email marketing tool. My business has found success using this tool for both internal and external audiences. I find the greatest value in the analytics features of the tool. This helps my marketing team use data to plan directed communications to employees and customers.

Cons

The customer service is non-transparent. Campaign Monitor makes many attempts to defer your help requests through pages of FAQs and making it difficult to find their email contact form. It looks like they have a call-in line for premium pay customers, however I did not have any issues I needed to contact them for while I had the premium account.

Brayan agostinho D.

Reviewed on 11/05/2018

very good email marketing application easy and convenient to use with many essential tools

Pros

If you want to highlight a good email so that your clients do not miss it, Campaign Monitor is ideal.
Campaign Monitor provides us with a large number of essential tools for an email marketing job.
It provides us with a large number of templates and a good form of easy and comfortable editing to create and develop beautiful web designs.
allows us to manage and take control to send emails. perfect for advertising campaigns with a marketing contact organization.
It also includes a tool that keeps us informed in real time and details about who opened the emails and who shared it.
a copañia very attentive to its users. offers us 24/7 attention

Cons

Campaign Monitor only offers us a free demo. I think you should give a free trial of your service for a limited time to get more customers and see everything that this application offers.
I think this application should be developed in more languages to keep growing

Dipali D.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/09/2017

Best email marketing campaign out there with its incredible features!

The main advantage of using Campaign Monitor over other email marketing software is ease of use. It's a very well designed software that helps create, schedule and send emails to customers. I have never faced any glitches or downtime sessions with Campaign Monitor. It is easy to add tracking codes to personalize emails and the tracking reports are quite advanced. If you opt for the Premier option, you get access to all the great features along with a dedicated manager.

Pros

- Excellent tracking options
- Great user interface - one of the main reasons why I'd choose it over its competitors
- Multiple themes to choose from
- Flexible pricing options
- Great features include A/B testing, inbox previews, opportunity to grow your list and personalized emailing option

Artur P.

Reviewed on 12/06/2017

Campaign Monitor is the original mailing list innovator

Want reliable and easy to use (but very powerful) email delivery service - then CampaignMonitor is a safe choice.

Pros

When a company pays attention to design and usability its a clear sign that they care about how well their software works. CampaignMonitor is that kinds of company. I've been using their services for nearly a decade and they never seize to amaze with the quality of their features.
CampaignMonitor is very easy to use, both for creation of campaigns and for checking stats.

Cons

The price tag to check how the email design will look in different email clients. It would be nice to have this as a built in feature.

Nicki S.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 23/02/2016

A great product that keeps evolving

I've been using Campaign Monitor for several years to send email campaigns for my clients, mostly small to medium-sized nonprofits and civic organizations. I love that it's designer-oriented - you can create your own custom templates or use theirs. And in the last year or so they've introduced (and then significantly improved) flexible templates that perform very well responsively.

Pros

Responsive design
Clean, contemporary, flexible templates
Handles images well
Great reporting
Prompt customer service
Competitive pricing
Agency discount

Cons

There's a little bit of a learning curve for the templates. You can create a great-looking simple email right away, but it takes practice to get fancier.
Some new features aren't fully integrated - for example, overlaying a button on an image is only supported in some of their templates

David F.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 21/05/2018

Modern Look Makes Great Email

The access to a wide assortment of templates that are actually appropriate for professional grade emails is a huge benefit. The implementation is a breeze and they offer wonderful training Support on their website. Overall a great find.

Pros

Campaign Monitor was a brilliant find for me as I explored various options for Email Marketing for clients. Their user interface is pleasing and template options, plentiful. I'd say that this was one of the easiest platforms to integrate and out of the box ready. It seems like they are favored in terms of integrations with popular software so that is a plus. Overall I like the feel of the style on the template library and deliberately was perfect each time. For a sensible and wildly affordable option take them for a test drive and you will come to see why I put them at the top of my recommended list.

Cons

I wish the option of landing pages was also included so it could be an all in one. I also appreciate though that they stay in their lane and perfected their offering which I believe they have.

Gareth M.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 09/08/2017

A fantastic tool for email marketing

Great insights into the success/value of my email marketing

Pros

Australian Made. Easy to use, lots of features. Constantly being updated with new and useful features. Amazing support - patient, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

Email editing tool has a few UI niggles and could do with a few fixes, but doesn't all software?
Could always be cheaper, but couldn't all software?

Hannah H.

Reviewed on 19/09/2019

Excellent for testing emails rigidly.

As a developer my experience is most certainly a positive one, although as I'm not a QA expert I can't comment completely on this.

Pros

Although testing on the likes of litmus is great, Campaign monitor gives the ability to test emails EXACTLY. This has been excellent for development and my learning about email code

Cons

None come to mind, this has been quite easy to use and navigate and has helped with the amending and checking of emails. I'm not a QA expert though so feel I can't comment completely on this.

Melissa S.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Campaign Monitor Review

Great program to track and organize all of my emails and list, track results, and create nice looking emails

Pros

I can manage all of my leads and email lists all in one place. I can choose which list to send a campaign to, and it will not send to duplicate emails. I can save and reuse past campaigns. The analytics are helpful to track campaigns and who opened an email and when.

Cons

There is a limited amount of emails and lists that I can use. Difficulty embedding videos into email campaigns.

Gabriel M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 07/09/2018

Great tool, does the job well!

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a really great app, it does everything it promises and has a ton of variety in layout for emails, buttons, links and everything you would need to make a great campaign email! It organizes our lists very well and is definitely one of the better solutions out there!

Cons

The thing I would like to see improved is the interface. It is a bit difficult to understand and really not very intuitive. Once you have a grasp on it though, you can manage!

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

The best tool for agency's email marketing

Pros

The simplistic user interface and great template library make Campaign Monitor a fantastic tool for email marketing. We use it at our agency to manage some clients e-newsletters - amazing product.

Cons

The pricing model can be expensive to deploy at scale depending on the pricing requirements of smaller clients.

Javier M.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 04/12/2019

Easy to use and very practical!

I have used this application as an option to Google Analytics for short and simple campaigns. Basically where I have few quality indicators and I don't need to go into so much detail with the customer.

Pros

It has a clean, friendly and easy to use interface. It can be set at ease. It works very well with marketing campaigns, it is easy to read and establish reports.

Cons

In contrast, the support it offers is only online, otherwise it complements well with other applications.

Keenan R.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 07/11/2019

Campaign Monitor

Campaign Monitor is a great tool for managing a vast email distribution list.

Pros

We have been able to easily create and coordinate an automated journey for our new team members using this easy to use software program.

Cons

Some of the important information and instructions are listed on right side of webpage. However, this information also resembles an advertisement when looking at a glance. Therefore, it can be easy to overlook.

Anne marie N.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 29/11/2017

Have been using for a number of years. Customer service has always been great.

White label; ability to add an archive to my website; easy for recipients to share; added more templates and drag & drop which significantly improved productivity; preview works very well. Really eliminated a lot of the need for adjustments after testing.

Pros

White label; regular improvements to software; drag and drop works well and a lot of functionality -- but you do have to think creatively. Have never had the emails not appear appropriately on various devices. Good reporting.

Cons

Would like an option to add names other than through a spreadsheet; ability to adjust the code (of course, that could break the delivery track record I spoke about earlier).

Reviewed on 01/02/2019

Easy, but has limited functionality

It works for what I need, which is to add text and images to an email and send it to a list of subscribers at a certain time.

Pros

It's really easy to create a simple email template, add texts, links and images, and preview how it will look on mobile and desktop. Additionally, it's only about three or four clicks to schedule a campaign to go out to a subscriber list.

Cons

Beyond text, images and links, there isn't much you can do with this software if you can't code. You can't add plug-ins or widgets to the email. That's why I'm considering another email services.

Sara N.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 21/09/2018

Excellent email manager

Pros

Lots of templates to choose from and the ability to import custom HTML as well. Very easy interface to use.

Cons

It would be nice to easily customize an unsubscribe page or allow for subscribers to "snooze".

Anne-sophie B.

Reviewed on 28/06/2016

Amazing tool to connect with my clients!

I've been using Campaign Monitor for the past 4 years, and it is so easy to use! I love to send emails and campaigns through this tool as it is also super clever. I'm sending several campaigns per month and I'm always discovering new features. It's increadibly easy and fast to connect with my clients thanks to it!

Daniel P.

Reviewed on 12/01/2019

A fantastic email builder.

Professional position with campaign monitor. Having campaigns ready to be launched seasonally is the comfort that gives us. We are happy with the results obtained.

Pros

It offers a great variety when it comes to creating fantastic campaigns that users quickly accept. Thanks to Campaign Monitor, we can create and manage large campaigns whose ROI is acceptable.
We can personalize the messages, have emails answering the questions, all automatically, in addition to checking all the mail that arrives in the tray. The campaigns were never as personalized as the ones we can create in Campaign Monitor.

Cons

The design is difficult to achieve so far, because they are templates that have very little and can be redesigned or changed completely.
The design must be broader or the range of images for posters and specific campaigns.