iContact Reviews

About iContact

iContact is a Web-based email solution that helps small and mid-sized businesses engage with their customers and grow their bottom line. With solutions from email design, list management, campaign management, landing pages,...

4.2

Browse iContact Reviews

Lauren
Lauren

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

iContact helps me be successful at my job

Pros

iContact is a very user friendly product for anyone. My company sends thousands of emails a week and we are always very pleased with how easy it is to create an email and send it immediately. I also really enjoy the dashboard, it helps me keep track knowing what emails have been sent and what emails I have yet to send. i also appreciate that iContact technology can delete any duplicate people in a contact list. That saves me time from having to go through thousands of people making sure I don't have any duplicates. My customer support is also amazing. My iContact rep. is always so good about getting back to me when I have questions or concerns.

Cons

Sometimes when I am creating a contact list in iContact, I have several excel sheets I need to upload to that one contact list...iContact doesn't let me select multiple excel sheets to upload at once, I have to do one at a time which takes a lot of extra time for me to do.

I also wish I could delete more than one contact list at once.

On the "upload contact" box, I want to be able to see the whole title of my contact list. Sometimes iContact cuts off my list title if it's too long, I would like to see the whole title...

Response from iContact

Hi Lauren! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to provide this feedback. Our support team loves helping companies like HireLive who make such a tremendous positive impact. As for the concerns you raised about list uploading, we are taking all product improvement comments very seriously and are working to continually improve our product. We currently do allow you to have 5 concurrent uploads at any given time, but you must start the uploads one at a time. And you are correct, we cannot upload multiple sheets from one excel file. We have noted this potential feature, along with multiple list deletion, and title expansion ¿ and we realize its importance. Thank you again and have a great day!

Replied 19/03/2018
Meghann
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

For Small Businesses ONLY

Overall, I love iContact for small businesses. I would look elsewhere for bigger businesses with more than 10+ on staff. It could be more user friendly, but it gets the job done and works for our law firm.

Pros

It's extremely easy to deploy automated marketing campaigns, newsletters, quick information to your target audience using this platform. I enjoyed the ease of use in terms of sending out an email. It's nice for small business owners who don't have the time, energy, or resources to allocate to figuring out an email marketing platform.

Cons

I love this platform, but it's extremely out-of-date compared to other email platforms. For example, it's impossible to edit a template. For it being 2022, I would assume this would be easier from a user-friendly perspective.

Higher Logic Thrive

Reasons for Switching to iContact

Ultimately the price point is what led our small business to choose iContact

Response from iContact

Meghann, thank you for your review! It is possible to edit a template. If you need assistance, our support team can help.

Replied 15/07/2022
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

iContact is easy enough to use for our mass email needs, but I feel that it could be better.

Pros

The new email templates are nice and easy to use once you get the hang of it. The analytics and insights are helpful in gauging how many people are seeing our messages. I also like the ease with which we can add and remove contacts.

Cons

The new templates are easier to use than the original email layout, but there are an awful lot of steps in the formatting. I feel like that process could be streamlined. Also, I understand that our account doesn't allow for tons of file storage, but it would be nice if the individual file/asset upload size was a bit bigger. I also think that there could be a more user-friendly way to re-verify contacts. We have over 8,000 contacts we email regularly but the process to re-verify contacts to keep our lists healthy is really confusing.

Response from iContact

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear that you have been able to easily add and remove contacts from your account. We understand the importance of being able to manage your contacts with ease, which is why we really appreciate your feedback regarding re-verifying contacts. We respect your desire to maintain a current and healthy list. All of your feedback has been passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Replied 11/05/2018

Top iContact Alternatives

Chloe
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 27/03/2024

A lot of options when creating

Pros

I really enjoy being able to make every email it's own through creation. It is also nice to be able to reuse saved work for different emails.

Cons

Sometimes the tracking can be thrown off when it comes to the analytics

Charlie
Charlie

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

We use iContact to send out daily event alert emails for a nonprofit - time efficiency is a...

iContact provides us with an intuitive platform that saves us time. We can create and manage emails efficiently, spending time savings on other needs. The recent upgrade matches intuitive work flow very well.

Pros

The recent upgrade to the platform matches natural workflow (and spots for quality checks to prevent mistakes). We've saved time creating and managing our emails. We have a dedicated advisor that responds quickly when we have needs or questions. It's much nicer than an anonymous "call center" where you get who you get. I especially like the new upgrades to the platform, which reflect the way I/we work in an increasingly intuitive way.

Cons

I would like to see more seamless integrations with other software and extensions, such as a text-to-join feature.

Response from iContact

Thanks for the review, Charlie! When we were designing the new interface one of our goals was to make it intuitive, so your feedback is wonderful to hear. With a lot on your plate, we know that saving time is critical to your day-to-day tasks. We¿ll pass your kind feedback to your Strategic Advisor. Our services and support teams love hearing that the work they do makes such a positive impact on your work. We are always looking to enhance our integration offerings, so if you have specific software or extensions in mind please let your advisor know! Thank you again!

Replied 20/03/2018
Adam

Reviewed on 06/02/2024

iContact: Email Marketing Program with an Eye Catching and Intrusive UI/UX

Pros

iContact enables us to reach the targeted audience by creating, customizing and sending outbound marketing emails.

Cons

To create and design websites and landing pages, I mist integrate with external digital experience programs.

Response from iContact

Thank you for the review! We offer the ability to build and publish Landing Pages. If you have questions about this, our support team would be happy to help.

Replied 21/02/2024
Jonathan

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Email Marketing Optimization Tool

Pros

Traditional marketing strategies are tedious, expensive and time consuming. iContact makes it easy to create, customize, send and manage email deliverability.

Cons

Unlike alternatives such as Constant Contact, iContact lack website builder tools.

Response from iContact

Thank you for your great review. We will pass along your feedback to our product team to help make iContact better!

Replied 29/11/2023
Oyanene

Reviewed on 06/03/2024

iContact for Email Marketing Automation

Pros

Ever since ai started using iContact, it has never been daunting to carry out marketing strategies by creating, customizing and sending high volume outbound marketing emails.

Cons

I can’t complain since iContact accomplishes all my needs everyday I use it.

Jason
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 28/01/2024

I Contact Customers for 24/7 with iContact

Email marketing optimization has been at breeze with iContact.

Pros

I like that it is easy to create and personalize marketing emails with iContact.

Cons

iContact has a robust backend integration capability but it lack website builder tools.

Perez
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 09/05/2024

iContact Is a Powerful Email Marketing Tool

Pros

This email marketing system is so reliable.
I like the efficient features of iContact.

Cons

iContact does not have downsides.
iContact is amazing.

Marek

Reviewed on 13/05/2023

iContact Review

Overall, my experience with iContact was highly satisfactory. The robust email marketing features and automation capabilities made it a powerful tool for executing effective email campaigns. The intuitive interface and user-friendly design made it easy to navigate and utilize the platform's functionalities. The analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights that helped me optimize my email marketing strategies. While there were some limitations in terms of integration options, it did not significantly impact the overall experience. I found iContact to be a reliable and efficient solution for my email marketing needs, and I would recommend it to others seeking a comprehensive email marketing platform.

Pros

One of the things I liked most about iContact was its robust email marketing features. The platform offered a wide range of tools for designing, creating, and managing email campaigns. I particularly enjoyed the drag-and-drop editor, which made it easy to customize and personalize email templates. The automation capabilities were also impressive, allowing me to set up automated workflows and targeted campaigns based on user behavior. Additionally, the analytics and reporting features provided valuable insights into campaign performance and audience engagement.

Cons

While iContact had many positive aspects, one thing I liked least was the limited integration options with third-party platforms. Although it had some popular integrations available, there were certain specific applications or systems that I wished I could seamlessly connect with iContact. Having more integration options would have made it easier to synchronize data and streamline processes across different platforms.

Response from iContact

Marek, Thank you so much for you awesome review! We will pass along your feedback to our product team.

Replied 22/05/2023
Angela
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

User friendly, Customer service very helpful

I can set up emails to go out before I go on vacation or take a day off and set up the time for them to go out. Linking our website, blog, emails to the email blast

Pros

Images easy to upload, change colors of them. Link to social media accounts. I copy and past from word and it uploads easy. Contacts- i like having different lists so I can email just that list/group

Cons

I would like to Link multiple social media accounts. Facebook linked in twitter. i would also like Pinterest and Instagram on the social sites. Maybe i can do this but i just thought of can I do a timed post to just social media? Also tagging others on social media before I send out the email. Just thoughts. other service could be sales leads

Response from iContact

Hi Angela. Thank you for your review! It is excellent to hear that uploading and editing images has been an easy process for you. Including that visual element in your messages can be a key factor in driving higher open rates, and we want to make it as easy as possible. We also appreciate your feedback about adding social media options such as Pinterest and Instagram, and will certainly take this into account as we plan out future releases. You can schedule social media posts using the Social tab in your account. I hope that this helps, but if you have any further questions feel free to reach back out to us! https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us

Replied 11/05/2018
Alyssa
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Very few features to really make emails stand out. I can't always design it how I want to.

Gets the job done.

Pros

It's easy to use as long as you don't try to get creative. I also like that you can copy a previous email and use it as a template for a new email - much quicker.

Cons

Sometimes it won't send test messages, and, a few months ago the Facebook connection feature stopped working so I haven't been able to use it. Also, it's a pain to include pictures in an email. The text wrapping feature does not work. I get it looking great in the program, but as soon as I send the email or test it, it gets all messed up. Lastly, the links get corrupted if you try to copy and paste them in a lot, so that is frustrating if you have to redo all the links sometimes.

Response from iContact

Hi Alyssa. We're happy to hear that you are using iContact to create templates from previous emails! This is one of the fastest ways to get consistent-looking emails out to your contacts. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that you have encountered. We believe that customer feedback is key in creating a better product. This has been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

Replied 04/05/2018
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Best Customer Service out there

Excellent. But as good as the software is, the customer service is even better. I have a dedicated account rep who takes care of all our needs, is just an email or phone call away and is incredibly responsive. You can't ask for more than that.

Pros

For me it had to be easy. We use iContact not only for our own email marketing but also for dozens of clients who we do newsletters for. That means, we can be managing 50+ accounts at one time. That is a feature that was non negotiable.

We had to make sure that the data wasn't commingled among clients and that each client could have their own account access info and get their own reports, etc. Ease was critical as we have different aged clients with different levels of technology knowledge.

Cons

I don't have any pet peeves with this product. I've been using it for 10 years so I'm coming up with zero cons.

Response from iContact

Thank you for your kind word and being an iContact customer for 10 years!

Replied 27/05/2022
Jeff

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

I have used Icontact for over 7 years and Love It.

Pros

Ease of use and up time. Emails get delivered and social media integration is Great. The tracking tools give great feedback. Contact management is easy to use when adding and deleting contacts and creating groups.

Cons

Needs more created templates for quick editing and use. When it comes to contacts and subscriber counts, subscribers who have opted out is counted in total number of subscribers in the pricing of various plans. I understand that those subscribers have to be stored to block unwanted email but you shouldn't be penalized by counting them as part of the number of subscribers in your plan. Only active subscribers should be counted in that number.

Response from iContact

Hi Jeff. We appreciate you being a loyal customer for over 7 years! It is excellent to hear that you are getting such great feedback from our tracking tool. It is so important not only to communicate with your contacts, but to actually see how effective that communication was. Thank you for the feedback about how subscribers are counted. Hopefully we can clear up any confusion related to this number. Our standard iContact plans charge based on the number of subscribers in your account. Contacts who have opted out of your messages are still listed on your Contacts page, and even counted in your total number of contacts. However, only the contacts who can actually receive emails (subscribers) are counted for pricing purposes. Thank you so much for choosing iContact!

Replied 04/05/2018
Rhiannon
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

I love iContact and the support I receive from my advisor.

Easy to use and the peace of mind that all of our communications are responsive and beautiful in our readers' inboxes.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and teach to my colleagues. iContact is always looking to improve their products and roll out new features so it grows as our email marketing plans do. They're also open to feedback and value the input of their users.

Cons

I wish there was a summary at the end riiiiight before you send a message where you can see what lists you're sending to and what lists you've excluded. Would make the "Scheduled Messages" feature *that much more* functional for us.

Response from iContact

Thanks for your review, Rhiannon. Delivering an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for our team, so we're happy to hear that we're meeting your needs. We also appreciate your suggestion for a scheduling summary. As you mentioned, we're constantly growing our platform, so we'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Replied 20/04/2018
Scott

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

iContact has always provided the best services and support for bulk email marketing.

iContact allows me to create and send very engaging emails to my clients and prospective clients with anything from newsletters to sales emails. They also work very hard and closely with me to keep my emails relevant and my social media sites active.

Pros

I have a larger account and my dedicated iContact account reps are fantastic and do all sorts of things to help me grow my lists and increase my exposure to my clients. Integration with social media and many different platforms and apps is a huge plus, and their interface is plenty powerful while still being easy to use too.

Cons

They have a good number of templates available but I feel like they are too basic for normal needs, so that needs to be updated and broadened. I also would like to see their support for troubleshooting emails across different platforms and viewers extended.

Response from iContact

Hello Scott. We are glad that you have had such a good experience with your account managers and integrations with social media. When customers send out their messages we want to ensure they reach as many contacts as possible. Utilizing the social media integrations is a great way to accomplish that! Thank you for your feedback about adding more advanced templates. This information will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be taken into account as we continue to add new and improved templates.

Replied 24/05/2018
Cindy
Cindy

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Easy to use!

Pros

The ability to schedule emails to go out over the weekend. When I am home relaxing, the software is reaching out to qualified candidates on my behalf.

Cons

When I send myself a test message from iContact or send a test message to a co-worker in the same office, probably 50% of the time, the test message is found in our junk mail.

Response from iContact

Hello Cindy, The ability to schedule emails so that you don't have to do that additional weekend work is a popular feature that we're glad to hear you are utilizing! Based on the information you included it sounds like emails may be having a difficult time making it to the inboxes of you and your co-workers due to your company's spam filters. Please review our Help Article on why emails go to spam and how to resolve the issue here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/view/en-us/icontact-for-salesforce/why-emails-go-to-spam. If you are still encountering problems our support team is happy to help troubleshoot further!

Replied 16/04/2018

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

This product brings you from the 1980"s to the year 2017 in a flash!

It is helping me make more money with less Employees.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. Upload an excel file or files and GO! It is easily organized by any criteria you decide and uploaded so you can start using immediately. I love being able to email a 1000 or a 100 clients in one email blast. It is making me money. :)

Cons

The DO NOT CONTACT feature. We should receive at least one email asking us to remove from a database before being placed on DNC.

Response from iContact

Thank you for the review! We love helping you grow your business and be successful. Ease of use is one of our top priorities, so we appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Do Not Contact process, we have a very strict anti-spam policy and a part of that is enabling contacts to opt-out of emails at any point. This allows us to provide excellent inbox placement and be in accordance with CAN-SPAM regulations. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Replied 20/03/2018

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Great tool!

Pros

I love the flexibility this software offers. The drag-and-drop capability makes it possible to create any look you want, and the ability to reuse content from previous sends has made my life easy. We can also manage any number of separate client folders for sends on their behalf. The support team is great and our strategic account manager has been a fantastic resource for understanding the analytics and recommending ways to improve our stats.

Cons

Some of the capability can be tricky as a new user, so that makes it difficult to have others step in and be able to quickly create messages. Training is key. I also wish there was a better way to connect our internal contacts database with the iContact database, right now I have to manually upload contact lists regularly.

Shannon

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

iContact is the least stressful part of my job.

Pros

iContact is super intuitive and easy to use, and with every update, more. I rarely have issues with the software, but when I do, my advisor is always available and is quick to help with solutions. He also has helped us increase our opens and clicks exponentially.

Cons

The only con I have is that there isn't a way to export Survey reports as a pdf. There's a workaround, but that would make my life just a little easier.

Response from iContact

Hi Shannon. We're so happy to hear that we're able to provide such a "stress-free" experience for you! The team strives to provide the best user experience in the industry, so we're glad that we're delivering so much value in the form of increased opens and clicks. We love hearing success stories like that. We also appreciate your feedback about exporting surveys. As we continue to evolve the platform, we'll keep that in mind. Thanks!

Replied 23/04/2018

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

As a user of iContact for 8 years now, we are true loyalists of the product.

Pros

The software is easy to use, even for the most novice of users and advanced pros. We can create beautiful emails for every project big or small. Our account houses over 22,000 emails in our data base and we've never been concerned about the safety of our account knowing iContact is a robust program that takes our clients confidentiality at the top of its priorities.
The software is easy to learn, so easy, we even train our interns on the program so they can help with all of our email marketing.
The analytics are easy to read and give full detail on all of the insights of each email we send.

Cons

You can have multiple people signed into the account at once, but you don't know when someone else is signed in.

Response from iContact

Hi Jennifer. Thank you so much for being a loyal iContact customer for the past 8 years! We are happy to see that you brought up your faith in our safety and security. This is such an important aspect of email marketing, and we have worked hard to ensure you can trust us to keep this information safe. We appreciate your suggestion to show when someone else is signed into your account. We will take that into consideration as we plan for future releases.

Replied 22/05/2018

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Friendly customer service folks, quick to create emails

Pros

Makes responsive emails quickly, once you create your basic template/style
Customer Service & Account reps are friendly
Good value
I used MailChimp elsewhere before iContact and I think iContact's pretty good. They updated the email designer this past year with a responsive drag and drop format that makes our emails easier to view on mobile devices and easier for the less digital-savvy members of the team to use.
We send a lot of emails to a lot of people and really don't pay that much to do it. Other services may offer more bells and whistles --I don't know, I haven't looked -- but for where we are now, we're satisfied.
For perspective, our usual list has <70,000 emails on it, and we send a couple times a month.

Cons

Creating list segments is tough without planning ahead
Bullets don't center with the text
Not 100% customizable, but hey, it's responsive!
Integrate social sending with Hootsuite or Nuvi (<-- wishlist item)

Response from iContact

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a detailed review. We're happy to hear that you're enjoying the drag-and-drop editor and that you're finding our customer service so helpful. We also appreciate the suggestions you mentioned and will keep them in mind as we continue to enhance our offering. Thanks for being such a loyal customer.

Replied 18/04/2018

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Good and bad, depends on what I need to do

Pros

For the most part, it is easy to navigate. I like that it is compatible with almost any type of HTML code.

Cons

I don't like how it's set up to tag contacts. My company never uses the feature because it's way too complicated and frustrating. The HTML designers also do an okay job of creating templates from scratch. The most recent one I received had too much coding and took me hours to add in content.

Response from iContact

Thank you for taking the time to write this review! We're glad to hear that you find the system easy to navigate. Our goal is to ensure new customers can quickly learn how to use iContact, while still giving more experienced customers the flexibility and customization that they want. We are also thankful for your feedback about tagging contacts. At this time tagging is only available in our iContact Pro product, but we do plan to make this feature available to all of our accounts in the future. This has been forwarded on to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates.

Replied 23/05/2018
Jessica
Jessica

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

Very happy customer of iContact Software and your overall service. Thank you!

Pros

I'm very happy with all the great templates and designs! The navigation has also improved a great deal. It's easy to be creative and put out a great informational product to my guests. I also appreciate the information that I can see what worked best within the email I sent, by watching open, clicks, etc.

Cons

This software is a big improvement from the previous software, so it's difficult for me to say what I like least. I don't have any complaints.

Response from iContact

Hi Jessica! We are always excited to hear from a very happy customer. It is great that you appreciate the reporting information you can see after your message has been sent. Knowing who is opening and clicking in your messages can really help to target your marketing efforts. Thanks for being our customer!

Replied 20/04/2018