iContact Reviews

About iContact

iContact is a Web-based email solution that helps small and mid-sized businesses engage with their customers and grow their bottom line. With solutions from email design, list management, campaign management, landing pages,...

4.2

Browse iContact Reviews

Trevor
Trevor

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

A Solid Email Platform

I get the ability to reach my customers and turn them into return customers week after week and year after year.

Pros

iContact is easy to use in most cases. There are tons of different templates and creating your own email template is a breeze. If you get one of the Pro plans they'll even help you make templates for future use, so that's great, too.

There are plenty of ways to upload data and keep track of that data. In fact I tend to use iContact to export my data for use on other platforms because it keeps everything so nicely. My point of sale doesn't even allow the breadth of exports and options that iContact does, so it's more than just an email platform to me.

Automation is visually very simple and means that I know I'm reaching my audience at the correct times. I no longer have to manually send each email, and with the automation there are tons of options to segment in addition. This means I'm not sending frivolous emails, so that keeps our open rate high.

Cons

I have three businesses that have to be kept separate and my only big complaint is that I can't copy automation plans or other things back and forth between them. So a lot of time is wasted redoing certain campaigns between the locations.

I also think the social connectivity needs to be updated. Twitter for one is outdated and the actual website allows much more text to be posted than in-app. They're several updates behind on Twitter.

Response from iContact

Hi Trevor! We are thrilled to hear that iContact¿s design services and automation tools make your job easier and your emails more impactful with your customers. At iContact we value being your one stop shop for your email marketing needs. We also appreciate your feedback about copying your automation plans from one platform to another. We¿ve noted this feature and completely understand how it would be helpful. Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Replied 19/03/2018
Meghann
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 14/07/2022

For Small Businesses ONLY

Overall, I love iContact for small businesses. I would look elsewhere for bigger businesses with more than 10+ on staff. It could be more user friendly, but it gets the job done and works for our law firm.

Pros

It's extremely easy to deploy automated marketing campaigns, newsletters, quick information to your target audience using this platform. I enjoyed the ease of use in terms of sending out an email. It's nice for small business owners who don't have the time, energy, or resources to allocate to figuring out an email marketing platform.

Cons

I love this platform, but it's extremely out-of-date compared to other email platforms. For example, it's impossible to edit a template. For it being 2022, I would assume this would be easier from a user-friendly perspective.

Higher Logic Thrive

Reasons for Switching to iContact

Ultimately the price point is what led our small business to choose iContact

Response from iContact

Meghann, thank you for your review! It is possible to edit a template. If you need assistance, our support team can help.

Replied 15/07/2022
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/04/2018

iContact is easy enough to use for our mass email needs, but I feel that it could be better.

Pros

The new email templates are nice and easy to use once you get the hang of it. The analytics and insights are helpful in gauging how many people are seeing our messages. I also like the ease with which we can add and remove contacts.

Cons

The new templates are easier to use than the original email layout, but there are an awful lot of steps in the formatting. I feel like that process could be streamlined. Also, I understand that our account doesn't allow for tons of file storage, but it would be nice if the individual file/asset upload size was a bit bigger. I also think that there could be a more user-friendly way to re-verify contacts. We have over 8,000 contacts we email regularly but the process to re-verify contacts to keep our lists healthy is really confusing.

Response from iContact

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review! We are glad to hear that you have been able to easily add and remove contacts from your account. We understand the importance of being able to manage your contacts with ease, which is why we really appreciate your feedback regarding re-verifying contacts. We respect your desire to maintain a current and healthy list. All of your feedback has been passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release.

Replied 11/05/2018

Top iContact Alternatives

Jonathan

Reviewed on 27/11/2023

Email Marketing Optimization Tool

Pros

Traditional marketing strategies are tedious, expensive and time consuming. iContact makes it easy to create, customize, send and manage email deliverability.

Cons

Unlike alternatives such as Constant Contact, iContact lack website builder tools.

Response from iContact

Thank you for your great review. We will pass along your feedback to our product team to help make iContact better!

Replied 29/11/2023
Charlie
Charlie

Reviewed on 20/12/2017

We use iContact to send out daily event alert emails for a nonprofit - time efficiency is a...

iContact provides us with an intuitive platform that saves us time. We can create and manage emails efficiently, spending time savings on other needs. The recent upgrade matches intuitive work flow very well.

Pros

The recent upgrade to the platform matches natural workflow (and spots for quality checks to prevent mistakes). We've saved time creating and managing our emails. We have a dedicated advisor that responds quickly when we have needs or questions. It's much nicer than an anonymous "call center" where you get who you get. I especially like the new upgrades to the platform, which reflect the way I/we work in an increasingly intuitive way.

Cons

I would like to see more seamless integrations with other software and extensions, such as a text-to-join feature.

Response from iContact

Thanks for the review, Charlie! When we were designing the new interface one of our goals was to make it intuitive, so your feedback is wonderful to hear. With a lot on your plate, we know that saving time is critical to your day-to-day tasks. We¿ll pass your kind feedback to your Strategic Advisor. Our services and support teams love hearing that the work they do makes such a positive impact on your work. We are always looking to enhance our integration offerings, so if you have specific software or extensions in mind please let your advisor know! Thank you again!

Replied 20/03/2018
Dave
Dave

Reviewed on 31/03/2018

The features you want with the support you need.

We have used iContact for ten years to manage the email marketing services for our clients that range from single locations to hundreds of locations. The software has grown with us over the years as demands for automation and integration with third party systems have increased. The key to great software is support combined with the features you need. We found that with iContact.

Pros

We have not found anything we cannot do with iContact. If we can't figure it out a call to support gets us the answer we need. For those looking for API support, according to a large client of ours the API is very robust and easy to use.

Cons

There are UI areas in the software that can be improved. The creation and management of segments needs to be easier.

Response from iContact

Hi Dave! Thank you so much for your review. We're so happy to hear that we're continuing to meet your business needs after all of these years. Customer happiness is our top priority! Also, thank you for the suggestions for improving the segments UI. We will definitely take these into consideration as we continue to evolve the platform. Thanks for being such a loyal customer over the last decade!

Replied 19/04/2018
Collin

Reviewed on 03/06/2023

Email Marketing Optimization Program

iContact allows me to save time by creating personalized emails for marketing via drag and drop.

Pros

iContact streamlines the entire process of email marketing by allowing me to create and send high volume personalized marketing emails.

Cons

iContact mobile application has deficiencies in features compared to it’s cloud based solution for mobile and PC.

Response from iContact

Thank you for the great review! We will be sure to share your feedback with our team.

Replied 13/06/2023
Nicholas
Nicholas

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Saved us a lot of money!

Received same level of service from competing ESP for 1/4 the cost.

Pros

Our e-mails always get into the inbox, and we have a dedicated account manager. We've saved by switching from a competing ESP. Received same level of service for 1/4 the cost.

Cons

Difficult to get account issues taken care of when your account manager is out of the office. Difficult to do real time segments. For example, if I want to exclude anyone who has not opened any e-mails in the past 180 days, there is not a way for me to create a segment based on that criteria that updates on its own, that is, if someone who was on the 180-day non-opener list decides to open an old e-mail, they should automatically drop off that list. Similarly, someone who was not on the non opener list yesterday who hits 180 days without opening today, should be added to that segment. Other ESPs have this ability.

William
William

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

iContact has helped us an incredible amount with everything you need for email marketing!

Our whole email marketing campaign has benefited from this causing our company to succeed. Complaints have gone done and our open rates have gone up. iContact provides great advice whether you're just starting out in e-marketing or have been doing this a long time. We're able to fine tune our emails and get valuable insight from them.

Pros

The ease of use and the amount of help/advice they're able to provide. The customer service is fantastic. With the help of our strategic advisor, we've have great success in e-marketing: lowering our compliant rate, raising our open rates, and putting out a good product that keeps people engaged! And we don't get blocked by major email service providers because our compliant rate is low. The software is easy to use and has great customization from creating your own email and lists to scheduling emails in advanced. There's also the option to integrate via their API and automatically upload leads in real time which is a great feature.

Cons

The new iContact dashboard is very nice and responsive but since it is new, you can find some bugs in the system. I'm sure this will get resolved soon so this isn't a big issue. We're always able to send our emails so that's the most important thing.

Var
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

How icontact helps grow our business?

Product and service have generally been good, however, facilitating its expansion to increase the vista of its usage ever better and greater, will help you draw more clients and please existing customers like me.

Pros

Ease of writing, editing, uploading images, photos and customizing newsletters.

Cons

not being able to further enhance its usage ~ such as being able to do what the Newspaper industry does with email marketing products (software like icontact) ~ not able to have more flexibility in font size, layout into more wider usage of product and presentations (like the on line newspaper is doing: such as, click on this link: [sensitive content hidden] Also if you can link icontact product usage with someone like Podium to send text messages, that would be great!

Response from iContact

Var,

Thank you for your review! We will be sure to pass along your product feedback.

Replied 20/04/2023

Reviewed on 22/03/2018

Icontact is a Solid Email Platform for Small to Medium Sized Companies

The offer a quick and easy way to start sending out emails to your customers and which helps your company to grow. If you are willing to put up with their questionnaires, their basic templates, and slightly above average deliver-ability rates.

Pros

When our company first switched to Icontact from our email provider, we were very satisfied as their responsive technical support, quick setup, and easy to use interface was a perfect email solution. Icontact is a solid choice for small to medium sized companies looking to grow their list in a comfortable environment. You will get better support from regular technical support and they are more willing to work with you, and quickly resolve any issues. Their email deliverability is above average.

Cons

Their templates leave much to be desired. If you have some html/css knowledge and are creative, then you can modify theirs or create your own. Sometimes our emails would end up in spam, without explanation from Icontact. Icontact is a good company, however if you are considering in moving to Enterprise account, you may consider looking elsewhere. Stick with regular technical support plans due urgent issues being resolved quicker. They have a deliverability team but they may disable sending and removing large amounts of emails without a warning which is very strange especially if you need to send out emails the next day.

Response from iContact

Thank you for taking the time to write this detailed review. We are so glad to hear that you were very satisfied with our responsive technical support, and above average deliverability rates! Our deliverability team works hard to ensure the messages sent through our system are not unsolicited. This can sometimes result in us investigating accounts if we see a large number of bounced emails or spam complaints after an email send. We understand this can be an inconvenience, but it helps us ensure that we maintain a positive relationship with the major email providers which leads to more fast and consistent email delivery. We appreciate your honesty, and are excited to continue working with your company.

Replied 13/04/2018
Lora

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Well-Equipped Email Marketing Software!

Easy mass emailing to our whole church congregation

Pros

At our business, we appreciate the timed releases, simple platform, and easy-to-access data following an email release.

Cons

The only thing we wish there could be an improvement on is ease of design. It seems like there are some quirks where we try to change a font color and it snaps back to the original, forcing us to go into HTML mode to edit. Thankfully, it's easy to switch between "design-mode" and "HTML mode."

Response from iContact

Hello Laura. Thank you so much for the great feedback! It's excellent to hear that you are using our timed releases. You can set everything up ahead of time so that you are able to do other things while your messages are sending out at the time you specified. We also appreciate the feedback about quirks when trying to change a font color. We will definitely pass this along so that it can be reviewed for possible updates. One of the things that can cause this behavior is copying and pasting content from an outside source. This often brings not only the text, but also the HTML over from the outside source. The new HTML mixed with the HTML in your email can conflict causing issues like you are describing. You may want to consider pasting any outside content into a text only editor, such as Notepad, before pasting it into iContact. This way we can ensure the outside HTML has been removed. Thank you for being an iContact customer!

Alyssa
  • Industry: Government Relations

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

Very few features to really make emails stand out. I can't always design it how I want to.

Gets the job done.

Pros

It's easy to use as long as you don't try to get creative. I also like that you can copy a previous email and use it as a template for a new email - much quicker.

Cons

Sometimes it won't send test messages, and, a few months ago the Facebook connection feature stopped working so I haven't been able to use it. Also, it's a pain to include pictures in an email. The text wrapping feature does not work. I get it looking great in the program, but as soon as I send the email or test it, it gets all messed up. Lastly, the links get corrupted if you try to copy and paste them in a lot, so that is frustrating if you have to redo all the links sometimes.

Response from iContact

Hi Alyssa. We're happy to hear that you are using iContact to create templates from previous emails! This is one of the fastest ways to get consistent-looking emails out to your contacts. We really appreciate your feedback regarding the issues that you have encountered. We believe that customer feedback is key in creating a better product. This has been passed along to our Product Managers so that it can be reviewed for possible updates in a future release. Thank you so much for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns.

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 27/05/2022

Best Customer Service out there

Excellent. But as good as the software is, the customer service is even better. I have a dedicated account rep who takes care of all our needs, is just an email or phone call away and is incredibly responsive. You can't ask for more than that.

Pros

For me it had to be easy. We use iContact not only for our own email marketing but also for dozens of clients who we do newsletters for. That means, we can be managing 50+ accounts at one time. That is a feature that was non negotiable.

We had to make sure that the data wasn't commingled among clients and that each client could have their own account access info and get their own reports, etc. Ease was critical as we have different aged clients with different levels of technology knowledge.

Cons

I don't have any pet peeves with this product. I've been using it for 10 years so I'm coming up with zero cons.

Response from iContact

Thank you for your kind word and being an iContact customer for 10 years!

Replied 27/05/2022
Jeff

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

I have used Icontact for over 7 years and Love It.

Pros

Ease of use and up time. Emails get delivered and social media integration is Great. The tracking tools give great feedback. Contact management is easy to use when adding and deleting contacts and creating groups.

Cons

Needs more created templates for quick editing and use. When it comes to contacts and subscriber counts, subscribers who have opted out is counted in total number of subscribers in the pricing of various plans. I understand that those subscribers have to be stored to block unwanted email but you shouldn't be penalized by counting them as part of the number of subscribers in your plan. Only active subscribers should be counted in that number.

Response from iContact

Hi Jeff. We appreciate you being a loyal customer for over 7 years! It is excellent to hear that you are getting such great feedback from our tracking tool. It is so important not only to communicate with your contacts, but to actually see how effective that communication was. Thank you for the feedback about how subscribers are counted. Hopefully we can clear up any confusion related to this number. Our standard iContact plans charge based on the number of subscribers in your account. Contacts who have opted out of your messages are still listed on your Contacts page, and even counted in your total number of contacts. However, only the contacts who can actually receive emails (subscribers) are counted for pricing purposes. Thank you so much for choosing iContact!

Rhiannon
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

I love iContact and the support I receive from my advisor.

Easy to use and the peace of mind that all of our communications are responsive and beautiful in our readers' inboxes.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use and teach to my colleagues. iContact is always looking to improve their products and roll out new features so it grows as our email marketing plans do. They're also open to feedback and value the input of their users.

Cons

I wish there was a summary at the end riiiiight before you send a message where you can see what lists you're sending to and what lists you've excluded. Would make the "Scheduled Messages" feature *that much more* functional for us.

Response from iContact

Thanks for your review, Rhiannon. Delivering an exceptional customer experience is a top priority for our team, so we're happy to hear that we're meeting your needs. We also appreciate your suggestion for a scheduling summary. As you mentioned, we're constantly growing our platform, so we'll keep your feedback in mind as we continue to evolve. Thanks for being such a loyal customer!

Replied 20/04/2018
Scott

Reviewed on 08/05/2018

iContact has always provided the best services and support for bulk email marketing.

iContact allows me to create and send very engaging emails to my clients and prospective clients with anything from newsletters to sales emails. They also work very hard and closely with me to keep my emails relevant and my social media sites active.

Pros

I have a larger account and my dedicated iContact account reps are fantastic and do all sorts of things to help me grow my lists and increase my exposure to my clients. Integration with social media and many different platforms and apps is a huge plus, and their interface is plenty powerful while still being easy to use too.

Cons

They have a good number of templates available but I feel like they are too basic for normal needs, so that needs to be updated and broadened. I also would like to see their support for troubleshooting emails across different platforms and viewers extended.

Response from iContact

Hello Scott. We are glad that you have had such a good experience with your account managers and integrations with social media. When customers send out their messages we want to ensure they reach as many contacts as possible. Utilizing the social media integrations is a great way to accomplish that! Thank you for your feedback about adding more advanced templates. This information will be passed along to our Product Management team so that it can be taken into account as we continue to add new and improved templates.

Replied 24/05/2018
Cindy
Cindy

Reviewed on 29/03/2018

Easy to use!

Pros

The ability to schedule emails to go out over the weekend. When I am home relaxing, the software is reaching out to qualified candidates on my behalf.

Cons

When I send myself a test message from iContact or send a test message to a co-worker in the same office, probably 50% of the time, the test message is found in our junk mail.

Response from iContact

Hello Cindy, The ability to schedule emails so that you don't have to do that additional weekend work is a popular feature that we're glad to hear you are utilizing! Based on the information you included it sounds like emails may be having a difficult time making it to the inboxes of you and your co-workers due to your company's spam filters. Please review our Help Article on why emails go to spam and how to resolve the issue here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/docs/view/en-us/icontact-for-salesforce/why-emails-go-to-spam. If you are still encountering problems our support team is happy to help troubleshoot further!

Replied 16/04/2018

Reviewed on 19/12/2017

This product brings you from the 1980"s to the year 2017 in a flash!

It is helping me make more money with less Employees.

Pros

This product is very easy to use. Upload an excel file or files and GO! It is easily organized by any criteria you decide and uploaded so you can start using immediately. I love being able to email a 1000 or a 100 clients in one email blast. It is making me money. :)

Cons

The DO NOT CONTACT feature. We should receive at least one email asking us to remove from a database before being placed on DNC.

Response from iContact

Thank you for the review! We love helping you grow your business and be successful. Ease of use is one of our top priorities, so we appreciate the feedback. Regarding the Do Not Contact process, we have a very strict anti-spam policy and a part of that is enabling contacts to opt-out of emails at any point. This allows us to provide excellent inbox placement and be in accordance with CAN-SPAM regulations. Thank you again, and have a great day!

Replied 20/03/2018
Chloe

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Review of iContact

I hold iContact in very high regard, particularly because of it's customer service. The strategic advisors are very helpful and attentive; they always respond quickly and helpfully.

Pros

I love the template builder functionality and that it's still an option to use the HTML Template builder. Our CRM is very particular about the types of email templates we can send out of it and iContact has helped us navigate this issue. It's very easy to train people in and to build eye-catching templates.

Cons

I would prefer to have larger subscriber limits and I would prefer to be able to do functional HTML file exports for certain templates. I also think the reporting data has a lot of blindspots. I would also like to be able to make template copies across user folders without having to enlist my strategic advisor's help.

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 09/04/2023

All things considered, IContact was the ideal choice for me, as it enabled me to create effective email campaigns with minimal effort.

Pros

I found IContact to be an incredibly user-friendly email marketing service. Its user interface was easy to understand, making it simple to create, customize and personalize newsletters and forms. I was especially impressed with the drag-and-drop design feature that allowed me to produce attractive campaigns quickly and efficiently.

Cons

I can't think of anything that I disliked about iContact. It's a great platform for managing email campaigns and building relationships with customers.

Response from iContact

Thank you for the great review. We are glad that you find iContact easy to use!

Replied 10/04/2023
Donna

Reviewed on 11/04/2018

iContact Support is the best! I Our rep. is there anytime I or a store have a question or a...

Pros

I love the new functionality! the drag and drop makes creating a new email simple and easy which is great since some store owners are not technically savvy. I can't wait for the next release of software.

Cons

The reporting could be more robust instead of a list of every person that clicked, I would like to see the link with the number of clicks and be able to click on the number to see who clicked.

The dashboard would be easier to view if it was set up as rows so you can see more than 3 campaigns. In addition to have the ability to copy a campaign from the dashboard instead of having to go into Emails > Sent.

When trying to change the font color, the theme colors show, but not any standard colors. So when you want to change the font to black, you have to go into the color chart to select black.

As with any software, it has it's qwerks, but it's nice to now that iContact is actively enhancing the software.

Response from iContact

Hi Donna! We are glad to hear that you have been enjoying our new drag and drop editor. This makes creating professional emails easier than ever! Thank you as well for your feedback, particularly about the Dashboard. The good news is that we are in the process of designing an updated version of the Dashboard. We are happy to take your notes into account as we work to make the best possible design decisions for our customers.

Replied 29/05/2018
Brynn

Reviewed on 23/09/2020

Great for Email Marketing

Overall, iContact is great for sending our mass emails to our guests and we will continue to use for years to come.

Pros

iContact is great for companies who need to send out mass emails to their guests and customers. It's fairly easy to learn and has a variety of different features to use.

Cons

The one main con for this software is that it loads very slow. If you are looking to draft and email, it takes about 3 minutes for the landing page to load. 3 minutes might not seem that long, but when you have to draft numerous emails, it adds up.

Response from iContact

Hello Brynn,

Thank you for taking the time to leave some feedback for us, we greatly appreciate it.

We will most definitely go over the items that you raised here.

All the best,

Carlos, Customer Marketing Manager

Replied 19/11/2020
Charles

Reviewed on 09/04/2018

Long-time subscriber and plan to be one much longer.

Pros

It's fast and easy to use, which means it makes my life easier. From plain text, to HTML, to HTML templates, its' all there at my fingertips.

Cons

You can't add attachment files to the email. Sometimes sending a pdf file would be helpful for a client, or a pic, but you cant. That needs to be made possible.

Response from iContact

Hi Charles. Thank you for being a long-time subscriber! We are excited to hear that you find iContact easy to use in all of our different email editing formats. We can understand the desire to add an attachment to your email. Currently we suggest including pics or PDFs inside the content of your message so that it is less likely to be viewed as spam by email providers. However, we can certainly re-evaluate this for possible updates in a future release. We look forward to working with you for a long time to come.

Replied 24/04/2018
Jim
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 10/04/2018

I have found iContact to work well and consistently through the years I've used it.

It's quick and simple to use, especially if you don't have any experience in coding and the metrics toolbar is quick and concise; so you'll find what you need with minimal click-through

Pros

Easy to change row content
Quick response when designing
Easy-to-read metrics
Simple management of email lists
I like the various style templates that are offered as they fit "most" of my needed applications

Cons

There are limited "pre-made" templates so I don't always have one to grab from and I'll have to create one
Although I understand the the reason for the types of fonts offered, i still feel that they are too limited in the offerings

Response from iContact

Hello Jim. We are thrilled that you find our email metrics quick and concise! It is so important to keep track of the way your contacts engage with your emails, and we wanted to ensure it was as easy possible for our customers to accomplish this. Thank you for the feedback regarding adding more pre-made templates. We are continuing to add a larger selection of templates, but we would love your thoughts on what type of templates you would most like to see. Feel free to fill out a ticket with your suggestions here: https://app.icontact.com/icp/core/help/en-us/contact.

Replied 17/05/2018