About AWeber

AWeber provides email marketing services for small businesses. This solution helps automate email followups and delivery of newsletters. AWeber offers auto-responders that enable businesses to deliver targeted, personalized and...

4.1
4.2
4.2

Browse AWeber Reviews

Tolu
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 24/06/2022

One of the leading Email marketing platforms

My experience with Aweber was okay for the time that I used their service. I only stopped because the cost was getting too much as my contacts increased and I really didn't feel it was worth it any longer.

Pros

If there is one thing Aweber is good at, it is in getting your sent mails to the inbox of your contacts. There are lots of custom templates that can be used for sending newsletters. The autoresponder is easy to set up and there are lead capture pages you can use to build your list if you do not have alternative software for creating funnels or landing pages. It also allows for list segmentation and the reporting for mails sent out is also comprehensive and can help you out when doing cleaning up your contacts or doing list segmentation. Support is also good and prompt

Cons

Importing a list can really become a hassle on Aweber and if not done right can get your account shut down fast. The cost also rises and piles up as your contacts continue to increase.

Fabian

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

The Aweber Review

Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Pros

Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

SendGrid, GetResponse and Sendlane

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Mailingboss is a part of the Builderall system that I used before. Aweber also provides better looking and better integrated templates.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I found it was a lot more user friendly and offered a great 30 day trial with which to test the product with.
Kira
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/07/2022

Functional but could be improved

Aweber helped us with marketing and contact management while we used it. It is a good email marketing tool.
We did benefit from the features it has like customizable fields. Ultimately we switched because we found a product with a similar price that had more features and better quality.

Pros

Aweber is a well known product and most people know how to use it, it was easy for our teak to use.
I loved all the customization and specific options or controls.
You can set who will receive emails and when they are sent with more precision than other products.

Cons

Aside from the pros mentioned above, Aweber is just lacking in features and quality. The price is similar to other products but you're actually getting less. I don't feel very secure with Aweber.

Top AWeber Alternatives

B.A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

ActiveCampaign, Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I was looking for a better solution for the limitation in Mailchimp, but AWeber was less than stellar. Mailchimp did not give me much analytical data and email marketing options.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I initially choose AWeber because I thought it was a improvement over Mailchimp. However, it did not meet my needs as well. So, I switched to ActiveCampaign and glad I did.
Dominic

Reviewed on 02/06/2022

Aweber Review

I love that we can have automation when someone opts in to an offer we can have a series of emails to send out to them on a consistent basis. Also is great to send out a blast periodically to all clients/patients at once to keep them informed of announcements or offers.

Pros

It's relatively easy to use and also integrates with most other platforms that I use. It's well known and has been around for many years. It's one of the simplest email marketing software that I have used so far. I like the fact that they are continuously improving the product.
I like the drag and drop builder. Easy breezy!

Cons

There is nothing that I don't like. It is a great product.

ActiveCampaign, Sendlane and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I felt like Aweber offered more options and integrated with more platforms. Also, at the time, they didn't have double opt in feature.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Reasonably priced and most popular.
Elijah
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

My Honest AWeber Review!

Aweber is a wonderful alternative if you are just getting started with email marketing in your business. But, to be honest, you have a variety of options to select from, such as SendInBlue, Mailchimp, Systeme and others, so you can compare and discover which one is best for your business goals.

I use Aweber to deliver emails to our premium clients as well as newsletter emails. Aweber features an easy-to-use interface that allows you to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Aweber is one of the most user-friendly email marketing platforms I've come across. They've also been steadily enhancing the product, such as by adding new features like a landing page builder and push alerts.

The software's high email deliverability rates are my favorite feature. Additionally, the 'Drag & Drop builder' allows you to easily generate emails. Apart from that, it is a list-based software with an easy-to-use interface.

Cons

There are none that come to mind right now when it comes to its application for small businesses.

Ifeanyi

Reviewed on 13/07/2022

Marketing made easy

We use Aweber to connect more with our audience via email campaigns, email automation, sending out newsletters, and tracking how our audience resonates with our brand.

Pros

One of the easiest email marketing programs I've tried so far is Aweber. Additionally, the product has been regularly improved, for example, by include additional features like a landing page builder and push alerts.

The software's excellent email delivery rates are one of my favorite features. You can also rapidly create emails using the "Drag & Drop builder." In addition, it is a list-based program with a straightforward user interface.

Cons

Pricing should be somewhat adjusted to better serve small business owners because it is high
The segmenting is not something I enjoy. The ability to make segments on the fly would be a little more intuitive, in my opinion.
I find it difficult to use AWeber's more advanced functions. Aweber might improve its usability.

Sam
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

AWeber: One Email Marketing Platform to Rule Them All!

Pros

Even in the free plan, the customer service agents are there for you. Beat that if you can!

Cons

They have to make money after all. It's a part of life.

Aryana

Reviewed on 24/07/2022

Aweber is a good option but a bit more expensive

Pros

I liked that it has a good reputation and that it ensures good open rate.

Cons

The pricing went up and the features didn't which is why I switched to another email provicer.

Indira

Reviewed on 16/07/2022

Aweber, a useful and userfriendly email marketing software

Pros

1. Easy to use, no tech skills needed.
2. Has the Ability to have many lists and campaigns.
3. offers detailed reports.

Cons

The free trial should include more features.

Jean
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

A good overall product but quite expensive and quite limited

I signed up there because there were number one and it was an easy setup. Over the years competition has been improving a lot and cutting down the price while Aweber stayed the same while raising prices. I was also disappointed when I realized I was charged multiple times for one email address (for each list), and also for unsubscribes. Have to get in touch with support for them to delete in batches. Good support, that being said.

Over the years I got frustrated by using the software and how much I was paying for it.

Pros

Deliverability to subscribers inbox. Aweber is a reference and well known so email do get in people's inbox. However that has changed in recent years in my country (France).

I enjoyed the drip sequence (emails are sent in order over days), but that feature is now available in competitors for cheaper, sometimes better.

Customer support has been great, very fast, friendly and responsive.

Cons

Templates are quite dated and the general interface is a bit limited. For example, you can only delete 100 subscribers at a time... even if you are charged for the unsubscribed users. Pricing is quite high considering the features. Too high for the money I make with the list.

Languages : some part of the software are "hardcoded" in English which is problematic for foreign subscribers.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Price and deliverability
Pedro

Reviewed on 07/08/2021

Alternative Aweber for those starting out.

Aweber is great, it has benefited me in many ways with my email campaigns.

I know exactly who is opening my emails and clicking on referral links or sales pages in my automations.

That way I can create accurate reports for non-interacting people or buyers and etc...

This is a big help to increase your sales, because you can focus a strong campaign on the right people, just by looking at the reports generated by the tool.

I have an excellent relationship with aweber, the first 3 months were tense, but she helped me to get the necessary results to continue in the fight.

Pros

An extremely fantastic tool when it comes to email delivery.

Incredible accuracy of my automations. Without a doubt it's one of the best I've ever used.

A great help for those who are just starting out and don't have much capital to invest. Because aweber allows you to use and learn about the tool for free for 3 months.

In addition to the company's integrity in providing knowledge to its customers and users, they fill their inbox with hundreds of emails almost daily, but it's just to inform about the tool and its features, free courses and lectures for better performance.

aweber support is very good and fast, prompt service, they always solved problems for me immediately.

Also, I used several free Landing Pages templates with fantastic layouts and almost automatic. I just needed to choose the model and just type a call to action.

For everything, I recommend aweber, an outstanding service.

Cons

Negative points about this tool, I don't have.

But just an addendum, for those outside the US and needing to use the tool, it's a great idea while using the free months.

But if you're setting up and collecting leads in your campaigns, no results.

You may get frustrated, as the payment will be a little expensive, taking into account the dollar's value in relation to other countries.

But on the whole, I have no criticisms about this software.

Ben Marcoux
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

AWeber: A Good Start With Email Marketing

I enjoyed using AWeber. It was easy to set up lists and broadcast emails. And it made it possible for me to get started building my business online without much tech skill. However, as I became a more advanced marketer and wanted more control in my business, the way AWeber was set up did not seem to make certain advanced automation features possible. Or the interface was set up in such a way to dissuade you from using it for more complex features.

Pros

The best part about AWeber is how easy it is to use. There aren't a whole lot of bells and whistles which means that it's super fast to get up and running. And honestly, though it's not my favorite tool, most businesses would do better to use AWeber than their current email marketing system. Also, it's got good deliverability which means your emails actually show up in the inbox instead of spam.

Cons

I call AWeber a "beginner" email marketing tool because that's what it feels like. Yes, it'll get you up and running. But it doesn't "feel" powerful and the lack of features leave some things to be desired. But "something" is better than "nothing", so if using something easy gets you and your business to do email marketing, than by all means use AWeber.

Ontraport and Keap

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I don't have anything good to say about MailChimp. Not only is the interface clunky, but oftentimes deliverability suffers. And as if that isn't enough, a lot of businesses that are totally ethical, GOOD businesses are forbidden from using the platform. I have many friends who have woken up to their accounts banned, locked out of all their email contacts without so much as a reason. And these weren't people running aggressive offers. They were just regular businesses (like flower shops) that apparently tried to sell their products a little too "hard" and therefore caught the ban hammer.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

At the time I was just getting started in internet marketing, I wanted to use what the "big names" used. So I looked into the platforms they "recommended." This was before I understood affiliate marketing and didn't know they were getting paid to say how awesome these platforms were. When in reality, yes they are super powerful. But they're also really clunky and take a SUPER long time to learn. Plus, I quickly realized I wouldn't use MOST of what these other platforms offered, so I quickly decided on AWeber so I could get started with my business.
awogor
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Poor Deliverability For Me Best Tagging Experience

My experience with Aweber's customer support even when I start as a free trial was something to take home about.

It's easy to create both HTML templates for your emails and also, their easy drag and drop email builder makes it possible to design your email templates or pick from the library of already made templates and edit your campaigns.

Email campaigns can also be shared with someone else to import all the flows to their autoresponder with Aweber and save a lot of stress.

Pros

I love Aweber's ease of signing up plus, it's a powerful autoresponder with a nice user interface, great email list management, custom segmentation, and the fact that it even delivers analytics to your email after sending an email campaign makes it my favorite. As compared to ConvertKit, Aweber is still cheap and an affordable autoresponder to rely on.

Aweber has outstanding customer service which you can reach at any point in time from email, live support, and phone call.

Cons

Aweber's Campaign flows feature is currently my third best but then it lacks some features as compared to sender. An example of that feature I was looking for is setting a condition of either a subscriber is qualified to receive the next flow or change a path. That which I can't find in an expensive autoresponder like Aweber.

ConvertKit and Sender

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I was promoting Affiliate products and MailChimp had to shut me down and that was why I sourced for another autoresponder which can give me control over my list, what I send and when I send to them.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I read a lot of reviews about successful affiliate marketers using Aweber to make money and I thought I should go for it. Plus, I liked their Free trial which offers almost everything the paid plan offers with 500 subscribers.
Suzanne
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 07/10/2020

Old faithful

It's been both a positive and negative experience. I'm still not sure I will stay with them longterm.

Pros

Aweber has stood the test of time. It is easy to get set up and get going. I like that it is stable, and it is always encouraging to me when I see that very successful people whose emails I let into my inbox are using Aweber.

Their customer service was very helpful to me when I was getting my account set up and had questions on a few things.

Cons

I do not care for their boring confirmation messages, and the fact that if I want something that is different, I have to get approval from them before I can use it.

I also saw a huge flaw when I participated in a promotional event with several others who also use Aweber. Apparently, when somone signs up for several email lists that are all hosted on Aweber, in a short space of time, Aweber sees that behavior as "spammy" and automatically unsubscribes that person from all the lists he/she subscribed to.

Their argument is that it protects Aweber customers and it protects their system overall. The problem is that it is unsubscribing people who actually want to receive these emails and if you are delivering a product by email, or even giiving information by email on how the new subscriber can receive that product, then the subscriber will never get that email.

When I contacted Aweber about this twice, the support staff was very blasé about this. One support staff member was good enough to remove the block and resubscribe the persons who had been removed so they subscriber could get the emails. Another refused to do so, and said that the subscriber would have to contact them to remove the block. How many people are actually going to take this extra step to receive emails???

Richard

Reviewed on 22/11/2019

Makes life easier

First class, the support is great and on hand 24hrs a day. Its easy to see the best performing emails.

Pros

the sign up forms are fast and easy to design and put on any website. it links in with facebook and twitter and social media. plus PayPal or stripe, so when a customer make a purchase they get added to the right mailing list and receive the automated email

Cons

im unable to automate moving subscribers from one list to another when they finish a automation series

Keap

More professional

SurveyMonkey

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

It was focused on email marketing

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi Richard,

Thanks for your review! I noticed that you mentioned wanting to automatically move subscribers from one list to another when they complete an automation series. This is possible within AWeber, except you wouldn't need to move them from one list to another. Instead, you would keep them on the same list, and start them on a new automated series. Our support team can help you with this. Please contact us at https://www.aweber.com/contact-us.htm.

Replied 25/11/2019
Joshua
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 09/12/2021

Great tool for daily emails at a great price!

AWeber is the budget-friendly solution to marketing emails! You don't have to spend a lot to get big results.

Pros

We send a daily email newsletter to several hundred people on a managed list, and AWeber allows us to do this scheduled in advance a month or so out, creat professional emails, and not break the bank doing so.

Cons

Occasionally the social media cross-post of our daily campaign has ended up with an AWeber logo instead of our own custom branding. Aweber has worked with us to resolve their issue on that, but for a few days it looked less than desirable. For the money we saved, we are okay with that.

Constant Contact and Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Cost for the size of our list was less

Cost
Jonas

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them.

Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly.

The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Response from AWeber Communications

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

Replied 06/02/2019
Kiva
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 30/03/2021

Excellent software at a great price

Pros

I've tested many marketing software applications like this and Aweber stands out among them for a few reasons. They have top-notch customer service that is really helpful and they really care. And it shows because they actually offer phone support, something so few marketing software companies actually do. Aweber has a ton of features and their pricing is excellent for what you get. It is also super easy to use and to set up and overall it is designed in a really intuitive way.

Cons

It could have better reporting features and a nicer interface, but neither of those are big issues.

Response from AWeber

Thank you so much for the review, Kiva! If there's anything we can do to help, please let us know.

Replied 07/04/2021
Carol
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Aweber helps even non-techies succeed!

Whenever I've had a question and called Aweber they have been absolutely WONDERFUL with explaining things, walking me through my challenges, and helping answer my questions. Sometimes they've even fixed things for me. Their customer service is stellar and their product is DEPENDABLE. They must have an amazing team because the product and the customer service have never let me down over the 9 years that I've been with them.

Pros

I wasn't very technical, but Aweber still made it easy to succeed at newsletters and broadcasts. My first newsletter went out to less than 20 people, but Aweber helped me look like a pro. I LOVED the email collection options. I found the perfect sign-up forms and they are both still adding names to my email list. One form is in the right-hand column of my website (on every page). The other form is a hover light box that shows up on select pages exactly when I choose. It's amazing! The editor works great and the fact that I can copy a previous broadcast email and reinvent it simplifies my life.

Cons

I'm not a techie, so I haven't explored this software a lot. I guess the part that I like the least is the fact that there are so MANY options! Split-tests, analytics, parsing...make my head spin, so I tend to ignore those options.

Suzanne

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Kenny

Reviewed on 21/07/2021

Easy to use email marketing platform

AWeber is easy to use and I've always received great support when I contacted their helpdesk. Usually got helped within minutes. I can tell the support agents and team really care about the customers. I would recommend AWeber if you're looking for a good email marketing platform that offers great email deliverability and customer support.

Pros

I like how easy AWeber is to get started with. Everything is well-organized (lists, subscribers, tags...) and you can quickly have your email list ready to accept subscribers. I found other autoresponders or email marketing tools either too complicated or lacking features. AWeber keeps it easy for beginners and has quite some advanced features for the professional email marketer. It also has many integrations with other tools, which is good for the professionals.

Cons

No cons here. I've been using this tool for over a decade. If I'm being picky, maybe some extra automations could be added, but so far I've been able to do all the things that are essential for my email business.

Jason
  • Industry: Music

Reviewed on 14/05/2022

Way better than MailChimp.

I switched to AWeber from MailChimp after learning about how bad MailChimp does with keeping our emails out of the Spam folder. I reached out to AWeber’s customer support multiple times and I can vouch for how AMAZING they all were.

Pros

Customer service is AMAZING when you need them. I can’t stress that enough. Once you learn your way around AWeber, it’s not too difficult to start creating campaigns and sending mass emails out. I love being able to have multiple list for different products and services. The A/B split testing is a really nice feature as well. They also help you connect your website domain host to help you stay out of the spam folder.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve to it. Setting up your host domain to prevent emails from landing in the spam folder is not an easy thing to setup but that’s a complicated process for ANY email marketing software.

Haresh

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Awesome experience so far to use Aweber email marketing system for my all clients

My overall experince is fantastic so far because I have almost used their all features. Moreover, I also help many people to integrate Aweber without any charges because I love to do that to help people.

Pros

Specially Aweber has great amount of templates to use for different type of emails to send out for email marketing. Moreover, they have best integration way to integrate their system with landing page. Even they provide an API option so we can easily integrate our custom workflow with website or mobile applications. I found, they have excellent email tracking history and reports. By this tracking details, we can easily find how it delivered to our customers, they the email got opened and clicked on any link which we had in email body part. Overall, my experience is fantastic to use Aweber to use it for all my clients so far. I also help people to integrate Aweber with their landing page without any charging because it doeant take much time for me so if any help needed, I would surely help you. Thanks

Cons

I found only one and that is you need to have bit knowledge of how email marketing works. But, thats a part of any email marketing though!

Jorden

Reviewed on 30/06/2018

My email server of choice!

Pros

I've been using Aweber since the very beginning of my online business about 7-8 years ago. It integrates well with other services to make an automated flow of things. I love the segmentation I can do. Just the overall ease of using it. Oh, and their customer service is INCREDIBLE. Probably one of my favorite features. There is someone live to chat with within seconds to help you. Incredible support, no waiting.

Cons

Of course, like any new tool, is the learning curve at the beginning. But once you understand the different things you can do with your email lists...it's easy. And depending how complex or simple you do things to send emails, it can be super simple to get started.

Response from AWeber Communications

Thanks so much for your feedback, Jorden! We really appreciate it. We're always looking for ways to shorten the learning curve and make using our platform as easy as possible. If you have any questions or need any help with your account, please let us know!

Replied 06/02/2019