AWeber Reviews

About AWeber

AWeber provides online marketing services for small businesses. They provide marketing solutions to help you - Grow your email list - Increase website traffic - Monetize your content - Sell your products or services - Automate...

Browse AWeber Reviews

Jorge
Jorge

Reviewed on 21/10/2020

One of the best

I have had a great experience with AWeber and I can say it helped me alot basically when I was at the beginning on the digital marketing industry.

Pros

Since I work with clients in order to achieve some Digital Marketing results AWeber has been some of the tools I have used the most. I like that it has some pretty form designs and that it has integration with a lot of themes and plugins for optin forms. I also like that AWeber has ease of use.

Cons

I use to regret about AWeber for its lack of automation features, but since this is not a limitation any more, I think AWeber is a great email & automation marketing tool.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I choose AWeber because I made a research and I thought AWeber was the best for me based on some of the reviews I read about it.

Reviewed on 06/12/2023

Very competitive Autoresponder option

When we first started with AWeber a long time ago, it wasn't the most user friendly platform and was pretty limited in what it could do. They have consistently updated it over the last decade to be a really solid competitor in the autoresponder/email marketing field.

Pros

I love that it doesn't charge extra for subscribers for the plan that we are on. It is also incredible competitive in its pricing compared to Mailchimp which does much of the same things. Love that they also added in tagging options.

Cons

I honestly don't really have any dislikes of the platform. It integrates well with what we use and we have no complaints.

B.A.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Good for a small company mail list, but lacks integration

Also, it became too costly an option when trying to integrate my WooCommece store data without purchasing a $49 plugin. The more I wanted to do, the fewer options because available not making this a suitable option for me. Overall, my experience with AWeber was less than stellar and I had to drop it for a better solution.

Pros

AWeber is good for maintaining a customer list and sending campaigns. It also provides the capability to use a single list among a couple websites with some integration and upgrades. Overall, I would consider it an entry-level list management option.

Cons

AWeber lacks the capability to integrate multiple website data seamlessly without some third-party apps. Not being able to maintain a single list among my three websites was a definite downside to continuing using the software. The form builder and landing pages were difficult and cumbersome to configure, setup and integrate. The RSS options was clunky and the templates were lacking any customization.

ActiveCampaign, Trello and ClickUp

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

I was looking for a better solution for the limitation in Mailchimp, but AWeber was less than stellar. Mailchimp did not give me much analytical data and email marketing options.

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I initially choose AWeber because I thought it was a improvement over Mailchimp. However, it did not meet my needs as well. So, I switched to ActiveCampaign and glad I did.

Top AWeber Alternatives

Patty
Patty

Reviewed on 07/04/2024

Aweber is a go-to email marketing platform

Love the platform. It’s the only one I will use.

Pros

Easy to get started and use. Support Staff is the best. Constantly upgrading and making the platform better. Have weekly training and informative emails featuring tips and tricks. Includes simple e-commerce functionality for landing pages.

Cons

Can’t think of any. This is an awesome platform.

Fabian
Fabian

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

The Aweber Review

Great autoresponder for digital marketing/ affiliate marketing professionals. Your potential to grow and maintain active lists is entirely up to your competencies.

Pros

Aweber provides great email templates with superb integration with other top tier programs. It even offers email marketing training and split testing functionality.

Cons

The only con I can think of is that the price increases dramatically as your list size increases. However it still remains very competitive with other autorepsonders.

SendGrid, GetResponse and Sendlane

Reasons for Choosing AWeber

Mailingboss is a part of the Builderall system that I used before. Aweber also provides better looking and better integrated templates.

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I found it was a lot more user friendly and offered a great 30 day trial with which to test the product with.
Sam
Sam

Reviewed on 07/06/2023

One of the most effective pieces of software for online marketing via email.

If you're seeking for a dependable and simple email marketing solution, AWeber is what you need. It's an effective tool for organizing marketing campaigns because to its automated features and ability to connect with other apps. It may not be the greatest option, though, if extensive personalization and detailed reporting are must-haves for your business.

Pros

My first foray into email marketing was with Aweber. It's perfect for mass emailings like newsletters. Once among the finest, its email delivery rates were respectable. It also gives decent options for customizing emails for each individual consumer.

Cons

Although Aweber has many useful capabilities, I have found that its email template customization possibilities are limited, making it difficult to create truly unique layouts.

Stephen
Stephen

Reviewed on 09/08/2022

Aweber is the prefect email service for beginning and advanced marketers

I have several clients using Aweber, and they love it. Aweber does have a learning curve, but it is well worth taking the time to learn how to use it.

Pros

Aweber is designed for marketers. It has a great automation system with many advanced features, like "if/else" and segmentation, that are well worth investing the time to learn. It is a great service for online marketers looking to make the next step. The telephone support is very helpful.

Cons

Aweber usually costs more than other services, but it is usually worth spending the extra money because it provides benefits like 24/7 telephone and chat support.

Gina Zoie
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 28/08/2023

AWeber is the BEST for Beginners

AWeber is tried, tested, and true. I highly recommend it to anyone starting out who is new to email automation. Great customer support and documentation. The free version is perfect for the beginner and as you grow they offer more features to support your growing email marketing needs at great prices.

Pros

When I started my business I didn't have a clue how to use an email automation service. AWeber was recommended and I'm so glad that I signed up. Their free trial version is great for beginners. I was able to create my first landing page and web forms with ease. I also have the confidence to know that as my business grows AWeber has all the features I need to manage my email marketing and campaigns.

Cons

I wish the free version allowed for multiple lists. You are given one, but it would be nice if maybe they could increase that to 3 lists.

Constant Contact, GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Aweber offered the best free version to begin with. I loved how I had the flexibility to customize my web forms, landing pages, and emails within the free version. This was pivotal for my business growth as I was given the features needed to grow and nurture my email contact list.
Juan
Juan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 05/11/2022

Aweber is the classic tool for email marketing

Solid company. Too pricey for me but a great tool.

Pros

Ease of useSimplicityHigh email open rates

Cons

Lacks tools of the last yearsWriting space could improve

Matthew
Matthew
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Aweber

Pros

The drag and drop email builder made it easy and faster to create them. Aweber was easy to use for the most part. There were some instances where it seemed like unnecessary steps were added to the process. Integration with my company was smooth also.

Cons

The least liked part of the entire thing is the fact that you cant have a free account and have your verification turned off for new subs.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I was told Aweber had better email delivery stats
Manish Singh

Reviewed on 04/02/2023

A Comprehensive Review of Aweber: Pros, Cons, and Overall User Experience

Aweber is well-regarded as a solid option for managing email marketing campaigns, but it may not be the best fit for everyone's needs and preferences. It's important to evaluate the specific needs and budget of your email marketing strategy before choosing a tool. But AWeber gives a free account, which is the best point of this software.

Pros

I like most about Aweber is the Drag-and-drop email builder, Automated email sequences, and pricing.I can subscribe and Unsubscribed people from my list. A wide range of integrations with other tools. Comprehensive reporting and analytics. Also, testing tools and a Good deliverability rateOverall, Aweber is often praised for being a reliable and effective tool for managing email marketing campaigns.

Cons

Its interface is outdated and not as visually appealing as other email marketing tools, and the automation features could be more flexible and customizable.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

Because:Ease of useLow pricing with good featuresAutomationIntegrationGood customer support
Jessie
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/01/2021

Good for getting started

I used AWeber for a few years with my first business and was very happy for the price. I had their most basic paid plan which did everything I needed at the time. I will say after taking a year off and reopening this year, AWeber came in second (in a list of 10 options) when making my decision for what to use for the reopening.

Pros

When I started my first solo business and needed a way to send emails to a list, Weber was where I started. I had little knowledge about what I might need and wanted a way to get started with as little friction as possible. AWeber did just that.

Cons

Probably user inexperience on my end, but I couldn't get a handle on how to best use tags and segments to my advantage.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to AWeber

I wanted something a little more "professional" than free options while still being simple and budget friendly.
Laura
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

Good value

I chose this on the recommendation of my VA who noted the list segmentation was excellent for my business. Excellent customer care for questions.

Pros

Fairly easy to use, can segment list to organise contacts into categories of interest for relevant contact, a lot of good customer support and training.

Cons

It is a learning curve getting started (for a non-techie) - but otherwise nothing to deter future use and loyalty.

Jean
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/05/2022

A good overall product but quite expensive and quite limited

I signed up there because there were number one and it was an easy setup. Over the years competition has been improving a lot and cutting down the price while Aweber stayed the same while raising prices. I was also disappointed when I realized I was charged multiple times for one email address (for each list), and also for unsubscribes. Have to get in touch with support for them to delete in batches. Good support, that being said.

Over the years I got frustrated by using the software and how much I was paying for it.

Pros

Deliverability to subscribers inbox. Aweber is a reference and well known so email do get in people's inbox. However that has changed in recent years in my country (France).

I enjoyed the drip sequence (emails are sent in order over days), but that feature is now available in competitors for cheaper, sometimes better.

Customer support has been great, very fast, friendly and responsive.

Cons

Templates are quite dated and the general interface is a bit limited. For example, you can only delete 100 subscribers at a time... even if you are charged for the unsubscribed users. Pricing is quite high considering the features. Too high for the money I make with the list.

Languages : some part of the software are "hardcoded" in English which is problematic for foreign subscribers.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Price and deliverability

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

My Honest Aweber Review 2021

I've had a great overall experience with Aweber. The software has been extremely helpful in launching multiple campaigns across various brands and business lines, and it allows me to see the big picture of my marketing efforts, including open rates, click rates, and top line results, all in one place as soon as you log in. It's one of the first simple email marketing tools that new affiliate marketers and those who are serious about making money online utilize.

Pros

Aweber provides a completely free subscription that is simple to use. It comes with a huge selection of templates, many more than its main competitors. Their customer support is award-winning, easily accessible tech assistance is the ultimate equalizer. Their customer service is divine in terms of hospitality.

It's inexpensive and includes a landing page builder. The program gives you the option of allowing people to subscribe to your email list via single or double opt-in. Aweber has several integrations with reliable third-party tools and apps. All of their email templates are mobile-friendly.

Cons

There are less expensive choices available that offer significantly more capabilities in the marketing automation field. Also, while sending an e-newsletter, you can't include or exclude several segments. The RSS to email templates are inadequate, and they aren't editable with Aweber's regular drag-and-drop email builder. A/B testing, as well as how to use Facebook pixels and Google Analytics cookies in a GDPR-compliant manner, are not available in the landing page builder.

Jonas
Jonas

Reviewed on 07/08/2018

The easiest autoresponder for beginners

Fantastic. I don't think i'll ever change autoresponder. I've tried GetResponse and others and they are also awesome, but I like the simplicity of Aweber so I don't really see why I would ever change.

Pros

I've used Aweber since 2014, and i've NEVER had an issue with them.

Sure, they have downtime just like every other autoresponder a couple times per year, but it's always fixed really quickly.

The deliverability is awesome, it's extremely easy to use and their customer is support is insanely responsive. I have had to do a few minor changes to my account every now and then, I kid you not, they have taken care of my issues usually within 2-3 minutes of me opening up the chat (which is now open 24/7)

Cons

I've heard that if you open a new account with Aweber now, you need to use their service for around a month using double optin, which could be annoying. When I set my account up several years ago, I didn't have to do that. So if you're planning on running paid ads etc right away, that might be an issue for you. If not, Aweber is awesome and i'm sure you'll love it.

Response from AWeber

Hi Jonas,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We really appreciate it. I wanted to quickly clarify that, generally speaking, we don't require new customers to use double opt-in after signing up for an account. Please let us know if you have any questions or need any help with your account.

Brandon O.

Replied 06/02/2019
Suzanne

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

AWeber can help you improve your email marketing

Overall, it's been satisfactory. It's possible I could have benefited more by using their tutorials and calling support. It has collected subscribers easily for me and it's been effortless in maintaining them over the years. I haven't used any other programs and have considered switching recently, but I'm not sure if I would be able to transfer my subscriber information easily.

Pros

I started using AWeber to college subscribers to my college prep mailing list. They offered an affordable way to college email subscribers and sell my college product. Once subscribers are collected you can create email marketing campaigns using newsletters. It also allows you to manage your subscribers and determine which emails are effective.

Cons

From the beginning, it was a bit difficult to navigate the program. I have had problems with their templates and understanding how to use them. I also was not happy with the increase in cost from $19 to $29 when my subscribers reached a certain threshold. I have also had trouble with understanding how to schedule emails and use the data to my benefit.

Elijah
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 08/06/2022

My Honest AWeber Review!

Aweber is a wonderful alternative if you are just getting started with email marketing in your business. But, to be honest, you have a variety of options to select from, such as SendInBlue, Mailchimp, Systeme and others, so you can compare and discover which one is best for your business goals.

I use Aweber to deliver emails to our premium clients as well as newsletter emails. Aweber features an easy-to-use interface that allows you to get up and running quickly.

Pros

Aweber is one of the most user-friendly email marketing platforms I've come across. They've also been steadily enhancing the product, such as by adding new features like a landing page builder and push alerts.

The software's high email deliverability rates are my favorite feature. Additionally, the 'Drag & Drop builder' allows you to easily generate emails. Apart from that, it is a list-based software with an easy-to-use interface.

Cons

There are none that come to mind right now when it comes to its application for small businesses.

Reviewed on 20/05/2022

You can do better

Good for beginners, but honestly, if you are going to learn email marketing, you might as well learn how to use something else.

Pros

Best in Class Customer Service. I don't think you will find any other email tool with better customer support. Customer support is far better than other email marketing tools. They are quick to reply & very knowledgable (Live Chat & Phone)

Cons

Aweber is sort of a dinosaur. They've been around for a while. But they just aren't as advanced as the newer email marketing tools out there.
They keep adding new features (like landing page builder, but they are completely ignoring the fact that their ecom features & deep integrations are basically non-existent.
Aweber is fine for a simple weekly newsletter, but when it comes to deep integrations with ecom they are stuck in the past (such as syncing with Shopify and allowing triggers based on the customer journey).

• Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 21/07/2020

I Used to Love Aweber, It is great for a beginner

I was very happy with it in the beginning, it just didn't meet my needs as my business grew.

Pros

I liked that it was a low annual fee for my needs. I liked that they were pretty good at following trends, like customizing user experience for my email members.

Cons

Honestly, I really did enjoy using this service, my business needs just grew and it didn't grow along with it fast enough for me. It was pretty hard to get everything I needed to communicate across my multiple platforms, so I eventually moved to an all-in-one platform to make my business life much easier. But they were great for a beginnner.

Response from AWeber

Thanks for your feedback, Amanda. We really appreciate it. Just for your awareness, a lot has changed with our platform since you left. We've been releasing tons of new features. If you're ever interested in taking another look at AWeber, we'd love to have you back. If you have any questions, please let us know.

Replied 22/07/2020
Daniele

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

One of the most famous Email marketing software

Pros

- Very easy to use and implement
- In minutes you can upload your list and send a broadcast
- Very easy to create followup/automation

Cons

- I don't like they charge many times the same lead because is in the different lists
- Marketing Automation with limit, not so complete as others

Prudencia
Prudencia
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 18/05/2023

Highly Satisfied with AWeber's Services!

Pros

AWeber is an excellent email marketing service that is user-friendly and efficient. Its drag-and-drop email editor makes creating visually appealing emails effortless, while its wide range of features such as autoresponders, RSS-to-email, and email list segmentation, make it extremely convenient to use. Furthermore, its customer service team is knowledgeable and always willing to provide assistance when needed.

Cons

The biggest downside to using AWeber is the cost. While the features are great and the customer support is reliable, it can be expensive for a small business or individual.

Jacob

Reviewed on 27/09/2023

AWeber is the secret that we experts use.

This software has doubled my results since I started using it.It is the greatest hack for pioneers who wants to grow their own companies fast.

Pros

It has excellent dashboard and tools which are used to provide technical help to us as the users.Its low predictability structure and the high delivery rates have brought a great impact in my company.

Cons

AWebers' customer service is always active and ready to help us.i am a happy user.

Olga Liliana
Olga Liliana
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Reviewed on 16/01/2022

Revisión de Aweber

Pros

Pros

I just like the capability to look the stats on my campaigns and subscribers. They are compatible with most different softwares accessible. The cellphone app is pretty on hand, too. Their customer support is the first-rate I've discovered for an access stage plan for an e-mail autoresponder. Well, no longer the unfastened model, I do not think. But the lowest degree paid plan lets you call them as much as you like and they may be constantly very helpful. I experience assured that I can discern out anything I need to do as long as I can name them. Most different e mail carriers make you pay a lot more for that characteristic. This is probably the most important purpose I've stayed with Aweber

Cons

Cons the have improve región where you compose the emails but there are still issues Whit It
I continously ought to undero my emails. and do hard retursn on each líne to get the spacing accutare Also there troubles with transferring for the duration of the email text and adjusting the font sizes and so fort i'm constalytly going returned to the drop menú make certain the font is an appropiate zise as It does not do not forget what font size i decided on for the preceding parágraph maybe there's an área to adjust this

Curt
Curt
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Reviewed on 01/09/2019

Good Value Overall

Overall we are happy with Aweber, despite it not being a perfect solution. They treat us well but can be a bit slow to respond to some types of support requests. New features are added pretty regularly, although some of the things we have requested don't get done.

Pros

Reasonably easy to use overall. Creating emails and campaigns is fairly straightforward. Deliverability is decent.

Cons

Deliverability is decent, but we do run into problems occasionally. Support is decent, but not excellent. Sometimes I have been told that there is no known problem when emails we send are clearly being rejected by a particular network.