About Mailchimp

Mailchimp is a web-based marketing automation service with millions of users worldwide. The application allows users to share newsletters on various social networks and track customer engagements. The application provides tools...

4.2

Browse Mailchimp Reviews

15,846 of 15,840 reviews
Jeremiah
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 24/01/2020

My Go-to for email marketing

Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable.

I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros

Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes.

Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money.

Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection.

More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons

In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love:

1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).

As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

Constant Contact, WordPress and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ultimately it was the free plan that made me choose Mailchimp. None of the other platforms gave me lifetime free usage for a smaller number of subscribers.
Brian
  • Industry: Wholesale

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

Great option for our business.

Overall we loved Mailchimp, we would not have switched if we did find an option that was a little less expensive.

Pros

Mailchimp was a great option for us. It was easy to use and effective.

Cons

We found a product that fit into our budget a little better.

Constant Contact
Ben Marcoux
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 02/03/2021

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Constant Contact, Ontraport, Keap and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp because they were offering the first 1,000 contacts for free in a promotion. And these other software (except for Constant Contact and AWeber) were really expensive. I didn't know what I was doing and what I was looking for with an email service provider. And I was just starting out and super broke at the time so "free" couldn't be beaten. However, the relationship didn't last long and I quickly moved on to AWeber. That didn't last long either, and I moved on to ActiveCampaign and haven't looked back since.

Top Mailchimp Alternatives

Cam
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 14/11/2022

Mailchimp, good for what you need

Pros

The ability to schedule, create, and cultivate individualized email marketing lists is perfect for our business when we have different subsets of content that people are interested in (Fantasy Football, NFL, College Football, Draft Prospects, Betting). The growing ease in which we can deliver carefully-crafted, branch-specific content emails is key.

Cons

There isn't anything that we can say "we must have it" or "can't go without it" as there seems to be standard on every other email marketing software. That being said, the price is still worth it.

MailerLite and Moosend

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

The price was the main sticking point. They all seem the same and offer the same items. Mailchimp was the best bang for our buck.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Price, that's the only issue because they all seem the same.
Reda

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Mailchimprev

My expérience is wonderful.

Pros

Safety and speedness. And Is useful for my Business.

Cons

For this time I find it useful just it needs more development.

• Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 23/12/2022

Simply one of the best newsletter services

My experience with Mailchimp is great and I hope everyone who wanna sell anything to use this great application and I am dead sure he will be satisfied with the results.

Pros

It is really easy to add contacts, the mobile app allows me to do so much and the pricing is very affordable compared to the added value.

Cons

Honestly I can't find a drawback about this software.

Yasmin

Reviewed on 05/12/2022

very useful email marketing software

I really enjoy the clean dashboard and ease to use, also the templates are very useful to edit and very nice

Pros

Mailchimp is a great choice when you want to send mass emails with a small list of contacts. The software is very easy to use and makes managing your lists very simple.

Cons

the subscription to a bigger email list is expensive. However, it still offers a lot of potentials, so I think more templates should be added to make using the software even easier.

Tuyizere
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Mailchimp software review

Mailchimp solve problems of manage and to talk to clients,costomers and the benefits are Mailchimp makes email marketing easy

Pros

The features that i like are email designer,mailchimp editor,reports,custom forms .and the product which is easy to use isautomation.no the integration was not easy for sure.

Cons

It can be expensive when you have a lot of list

• Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 08/12/2022

Email marketing made easy

Pros

I love being able to manage my contacts, create gorgeous email newsletters, different campaigns, check statistics of who I am reaching, and make adjustments accordingly. I have used it for my business, as well as creative personal endeavors, and it has always made communication with my contacts easy.

Cons

Adding contacts into mailchimp can initially be time consuming.

Minsu
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

A Fantastic Email Marketing Platform for Any Size Company

Excellent platform for any business that does not currently have a CRM or email marketing platform

Pros

Excellent interface options, particularly for marketing automation solutions.Signing up new clients on Mailchimp is simple; it's not as complicated as some other solutions, but it's quick and most individuals can grasp the platform quickly.There is very little mail delivery in the Spam folder.

Cons

Mailchimp's website integration possibilities are quite restricted on the platform.Some services are only available if you have a paid subscription.Needs extra servers to meet data demands.

Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 08/11/2020

Best option for mailing automatization

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Ian

Reviewed on 17/03/2020

Good, but could be great.

Overall this is a good beginner Email Marketing Platform.

Pros

What I like most about Mailchimp are its easy-to-use features. Mailchimp is a little more expensive than other Email Marketing Platforms (they charge based on the size of your list) so that's something to consider. The automation and segmentation features are rather basic, so if you plan to implement a more robust automated campaign or you're looking for ways to incorporate other marketing channels like social media or PPC than Mailchimp falls short.

Cons

Mailchimp offers pretty limited and basic training or tutorial videos. What they do offer isn't really much help to Digital Marketing professionals. Additionally, Mailchimp's support is HORRIBLE!

Constant Contact, ActiveCampaign and Klaviyo

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Klaviyo offers significantly more features, options, and automation.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Price and easy-to-use. We have since grown out of Mailchimp.
Doru
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Reviewed on 16/11/2019

Using Mailchimp to enhance our customer journey

Used Mailchimp for a few years - switched to it from Constant Contact (and loved the change), switched from it to Exact Target (and didn't like it at all). Now back into the fold, but at a new business.
First usage - B2B communication with a few thousand contacts, really happy with how it worked, reporting could have been more robust, but for our needs it was ok.
Second usage - B2C communication with some thousands of contacts - and growing - via a e-shop interface. Like it so far, colleagues also happy with its functionality and ease of usage compared to previous solutions.

Pros

Easy to use and intuitive for the average user
Integrates well with our pre-existing ecommerce solution
Developments over the last few years (have been using it since 2010-ish at a previous job) are very well thought through and customer centric

Cons

WYSIWYG... at times. As long as what you want to do (visually) is close to its idea of what things should look like, it's great - if you need something further from the visuals/format it expects, results might vary.
Initial integration with PrestaShop was a little wonky - still not sure whether it was a PrestaShop or a Mailchimp issue, will update the review once we have it fully figured out

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Better functionality, ease of usage, friendly interface

Constant Contact

Ease of usage, cost.
Tim
  • Industry: Online Media

Reviewed on 13/04/2020

Mailchimp is the 'go to' platform

Overall, my experience with Mailchimp is great. Even though they change things periodically, they do have very extensive documentation that will 9 out of 10 times answer your questions by doing a small amount of research. There's lots of help guides out there as well and because Mailchimp's userbase is so large, it's not hard getting the info needed either directly from Mailchimp or supporting communities.

Pros

I've used Mailchimp for years and have found it's very easily integrated into most website platforms. Not only is it just a newsletter platform, it serves many different functions. It's effective at building mailing lists generated from your website's opt-in forms, gives plenty of options to customize your newsletter templates for both standard emails, ecommerce based emails, and dynamic emails. They have an array of tools that allows you to heavily customize anything you need.

Cons

The things I like least about Mailchimp are how frequently they change the backend usability. Over the past year I've noticed some menu areas have changed or been renamed and it causes confusion for not only myself but my clients as well.

Constant Contact and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp over alternative platforms because I had some clients who used to use those other platforms and they didn't hold up to the power Mailchimp provided even in their beginning phases. I've been with Mailchimp for quite a long time and know the ins and outs to almost every aspect of their platform. Because of this, I usually will educate my clients why going with Mailchimp is a better solution and have switched many over to utilize all that Mailchimp offers and so far, it's been working beyond expectations.
Melissa

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Great for Beginners

Overall we have had a great experience with Mailchimp. We plan to grow and implement and use more of the features as we learn how to use them and as our organization grows. I regularly recommend mailchimp to others.

Pros

We started using Mailchimp for our non profit so we could move from text only emails to pretty designed emails. I love the Mailchimp email templates and we were able to personalize it to reflect the branding of our organization. To be honest we only use a small part of what Mailchimp is actually capable of. Every few months as we have time to investigate we test out new features. Many areas that scared us at first (A/B testing, segmentation, etc.) were actually very easy to implement and the basic instructions provided by Mailchimp were all I needed. If I wanted more information, I found that the internet was full of great video tutorials as well.

Cons

I don't love the reporting....but I have't taken time to see if there are better ways to customize our reporting either. So that might be user problems. I also wish it was easier to adjust the template areas from 1 to 2 or 3 columns without needing to create a whole new template.

Squarespace and Emma

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

We wanted to be able to design our emails to be more visually appealing.

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

In the end we chose Mailchimp because everyone we know is using it.

Reviewed on 15/07/2020

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Tina
  • Industry: Publishing

Reviewed on 03/01/2021

Best for beginners and experts alike

My experience is positive. I don't intend to switch from Mailchimp.

Pros

After testing other similar software, I came to the conclusion that Mailchimp is the best if you're just starting out.
Reasons:
- it's super easy and quick to create an account. You can start sending emails right away.
- the free plan is very generous (2,000 subscribers, 12,000 emails/month - and if you clean your list regularly, the ex-email addresses you had on your list won't count toward your billing. Simply select them and click archive and you're done).
- you can automate, schedule emails, segment your audience by sign-up date, sign-up source, previous campaign activity (whether they opened the previous or not), automation activity, etc.
- you can create landing pages, embeddable sign-up forms, send an automated welcome email or subscription confirmation.
- create tags so that you can easily manage your audience.
- contains easy email builder.
- emails are less likely to end up in the spam folder - compared to Mailerlite.

So, for experts, it has all the tools you need for email marketing and for beginners, when you're just starting out and you're curious what's all the hype about email marketing, it offers a generous free plan so you can test what works for you and what not.

It's important for beginners to have a place to test their knowledge and Mailchimp's free plan is simply the best for that. Just thinking that the general open rate is between 20-30%, that means if you have 2,000 subs, you can expect a min of 400 opens, which does not guarantee sales.

Cons

The contact support is zero/non-existent for the free plan. If you want to send emails in the business/ make money online/ affiliate marketing niche, your account will be suspended immediately by a bot. And no one will ever reply to your email to reactivate your account.

If you use the free plan and run into some issues, try searching for solutions in the knowledge base or online.

Amy

Reviewed on 30/07/2019

Inuitive and Robust: Mailchimp makes it easy to create campaigns that deliver

I've used Mailchimp for about 12 years. I've also used Constant Contact and Emma. I liked that Emma gave me a live account rep. I liked that Constant Contact had a trustworthy legacy feel. But Mailchimp feels like home. It's a perfect combination of a boutique platform like Emma + a legacy system like Constant Contact. They have a stellar free-level package (up to 2,000 addresses) that makes them a no-brainer go-to for any small or start-up company.

Pros

Mailchimp has easy and intuitive drag-and-drop campaign building blocks that make it easy to create professional emails and campaign landing pages. It's easy to connect Mailchimp to your online store to embed products, customize campaigns to folks who've opted in to lists or purchased particular products at your online store, and you can automate complete email/landing page chains. What you're able to accomplish with Mailchimp is only limited by your imagination, and the longer you work with it and explore it, the more value it yields. Somehow Mailchimp is able to deliver all this on a chassis that's simple and intuitive. For more sophisticated setups, they have a robust library you can access that's very useful. Perhaps the most important thing that I've appreciated about Mailchimp over the 10+ years I have used them is their unwavering dedication to ensuring the health of your list -- and therefore the health of the entire platform. They do a great job of educating marketers about how to ensure your campaigns are successful not just in the short run, but also overall, over many, many mailings and contacts. They keep marketers abiding by good email marketing principles, which means the platform is trusted by inboxes everywhere. Deliverability is very important to me and to my clients. I have more than once schooled my clients, armed with data and principles that Mailchimp taught me (both the easy way and the hard way).

Cons

Any gripe I might have with Mailchimp is the same gripe I would have with any email platform. I would like their email and landing page-building software (or web-building software) to be as intuitive as Squarespace, which is honestly a whole other level of drag-and-drop, so perhaps a pipe dream. Over the years, I also haven't felt like I had a good support option. Their help page goes to the Mailchimp "knowledgebase" of articles, so everything I've ever learned about Mailchimp came from sussing it out myself through trial and error, through searching their Knowledgebase, or with a quick Google search. I do see they have a chat feature, which is great. But honestly in 10+ years I've pretty much had to wing it on this platform and it's still my fave, which says a lot. The only other thing I hope they improve is the automated email chain engine. Honestly, it feels a little glitchy.

Alekhya

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp over GetResponse because initially i wanted to have a trail with this software for free so that i can get the fully paid version based upon my experience after testing with the trail version. But GetResponse doesnt have a free plan for testing it. But mailchimp allowed me to have a free plan for trail version. I was liking Mailchimp upon trying the free plan with trail version and then purchased the fully paid version currentl for my business.
Ankit

Reviewed on 09/04/2020

Simple, Easy to Use and Fast Implementation

Overall, I have been a happy customer with Mailchimp for the last 4 years. As a company, we have moved all the marketing communication to Mailchimp. Everyday, we just feel we are just getting started.

Pros

Simple, Easy to use user interface for the software wherein I could customize the emails that go out whenever any event takes place on the website. The integrations with other apps was mind blowing as it helped us to minimize our task. The analytics in Mailchimp are a blessing to us as it helps in targeting the right audience at the right time.

Cons

The free tier plan was very less for a company like ours as we wanted to be sure about it completely before finally implementing it. Due to high email bounces, the marketing automation companies are very strict on the bounce rates and they just block your account instantly.

Constant Contact and SendGrid

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ease of use and implementation and the way I was able to customize the marketing automation as per our company needs. The company also has amazing and super fast customer support which helps you in any possible manner even going out of their way.
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 26/11/2018

Useful pioneer in simplifying mass email marketing

Our company has mostly used Mail Chimp as a recruiting and advertising tool to reach candidates for potential job opportunities. MailChimp was one of the first professional template based email marketing tools to send out mass emails to potential clients, recruits, etc. Over the years, they've refined their products and added social networking tools as well as other current trending tools for outreach. They are quite useful in adding these important tools to small to mid-sized companies that could benefit from these tools but may not necessarily have the budget to develop and utilize these tools in-house. In addition, the tools are quite affordable and there are several free sample versions/credits you can use to test out the product. The most useful tool I have used consistently with MailChimp is their automated mass-email campaigns. Provided that you obtain the list based on the candidate/clients interest and not through spam based lists, you can send out polished lists for automated outreach to large groups of individuals. We have also used MailChimp to conduct employee and client satisfaction surveys, etc. In general, lots of tools for smaller companies to utilize to stay relevant and competitive with larger companies and you can scale the account/costs to your individual needs. There are limitations with FTC/internet/marketing laws that smaller companies may not be aware of, but you learn quickly. If you know how to do MS Office mail merges, this product works.

Pros

Intuitive with a lot of options for smaller businesses without dedicated marketing teams to offer polished outreach tools that are normally inaccessible. This product allows sales teams, company marketing efforts, and recruiters to all have outreach tools for relatively cheap.

Free options to test out products initially to see how it fits your company/departments needs.

Cons

There are a lot of limiting factors based on anti-spam marketing laws (emails), FTC, etc., that MailChimp doesn't necessarily let you know before purchasing and sending out campaigns. You learn quickly limitations such as the inability to send out emails to mass email lists through MailChimp because they don't want to violate these laws. Your lists must be organically obtained (such as through your website or ATS landing site, job ads, advertisements, etc.) in order for them to be used through MailChimp. So forget purchasing an email list from a recruitment organization and then emailing thousands of cold candidates through MailChimp, you will be flagged.

Also, you need to be aware AND track candidates that asked to be removed from future emails and ensure you do NOT email them again to stay compliant.

Amy
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 05/02/2019

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Pros

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

Reviewed on 23/03/2018

Perfect For Beginners, Great E-Commerce Integration, Super Simple, Awesome Support

Pros

If you ever thought about email marketing, there is hardly any chance you didn't hear about Mailchimp. It seems to be the go to solution for anybody just starting out with email marketing.

What's great is that even in the completely free version you can send newsletters, send automated emails like order confirmations, abandoned cart reminders etc. with lots of integrations to existing e-commerce software.

The interface is very simple to use and its built-in drag and drop editor is very flexible as well with lots of predefined elements to choose from.

There is built in Google Analytics integration together with numerous other tools from Facebook to Pipedrive, so you can use your mailing list to create custom audiences on FB or sync them with your preferred CRM version to send mass mailings to your customers.

What's also nice is the agency feature that allows you to manage multiple accounts under one roof. This is especially useful if you have customers with existing Mailchimp accounts that want to invite you to their existing account.

Cons

MailChimp is fine and dandy if you're a beginner, but it's not the best choice for serious online marketers. There are lots of automation to choose from such as auto-responders, triggered e-mails if a specific action occurs, but the automation is completely independent of each other.

Creating complex automation like "send this email to subscribers from this list, but only if they met criteria X and didn't receive email Y from 2 weeks ago already" is just impossible to implement. Apart from that, the automation that is possible to do can become quite confusing if you have lots of them.

A visual representation in the form of a flowchart would be extremely helpful. Other email marketing software like Active Campaign does a much better job at this.

Apart from that, the pricing is hard to grasp for a month? What if you're somewhere in between and need more features, but aren't able to make it.

Shayne
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 18/02/2019

Expensive but Effective! The first Newsletter tool that comes to mind.

MailChimp is quite a popular tool that is frequently used by budding enterprises because of it's generous Freemium model. I started using MailChimp around 3 years ago and I've never been happier. This tool helped me understand where I went wrong with my campaigns, improve them and made me save a LOT of money by deciding not to hire a separate design team. After using it for a few months, I realized that switching to one of MailChimp's paid models would benefit me way more.

Pros

1) Template Compatibility: The templates that you choose in MailChimp are optimized to fit on all screen sizes. Whether the recipient has a smartphone, a desktop, a laptop or even a tablet, your content will be delivered to him/her the way you want it to be.
2) Scope for better future campaigns: What I mean by this is - MailChimp gives you an edge or an insight into how your campaigns are doing. Based on the statistic report, you can refine and optimize your campaigns and make them more effective.
3) Engendering Interaction: Creating a Survey or a User Form has never been easier.
4) No HTML knowledge required: As I mentioned earlier, MailChimp has a myriad of optimized templates to choose from which helps you become much more creative with your campaigns. There is no need for a separate Design Team unless you don't already like the templates that are available.

Cons

1) User Interface: MailChimp does have a user-friendly interface(s). However, the problem is that they change the User Interface every time they roll in a new update. Yes, this will be easy to master in a short while, but that still requires a NewsLetter team to get accustomed to the new interface. This wastes a lot of time.
2) Zero Tolerance to Affiliate Marketers: If you're an affiliate marketer and you've just stumbled upon MailChimp, turn the other way. I'm not sure what the penalties are but I know they're quite severe.
3) Expensive: Though the Freemium version of MailChimp is rather generous, the paid subscriptions can surely burn a hole in your pocket when you find yourself wanting to send more emails and build your subscription list.

Souhil
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

All-In-One News Latter and Email Marketing Platform

It's a very useful platform for business owners, and it can help to improve the performance of a marketing campaign by giving us some insights about the campaign.
It helped me a lot to build a strong repetition and to be able to not spam my customers and let them run away.
I wish they can add more features and keep updating this great platform and we will keep talking about it and recommending it to our friends.

Pros

They have a Free plan and I really like it because It allows me to send up to 2000 emails monthly.
Very easy to use and the UI is very clean and it's for everyone.
Mailchimp Drag and Drop option are great because it's very simple.
I really like their Integrations with a wide range of popular platforms.
Everything is in one place and you really don't need any other Platforms.
I can create and build a contact list for my marketing campaigns/promotions and to reach out to my customers.
It allows me to automate my emails and get an analysis of the performance of my campaigns.
They have a lot of templates, and you don't need to create anything from scratch.
I'm getting a lot of information about my promotions, and which one is performing very well and this helped me to focus more on some "winning products".
They really helped to solve my Marketing problems, and they really helped me to reach my business goals and to build a good repetition and I really can't change it to another platform because my customers already recognize MailChimp emails.
They have also, a great support team and they offer a lot of tutorials and blog posts to help us understand how Mailchimp works.

Cons

They can improve their reporting system because it's not accurate sometimes.
They can give us more control to build an email automation system.
After all, they are doing a great job, and they keep adding some great features and I feel like they are listing to us and giving us what we need exactly for a better experience.