About Zoho Mail

Zoho Mail, a secure, business-oriented email service, is made to cater to all your emailing needs. With top-notch collaboration and communication features, Zoho Mail offers much more than your usual inbox. Unique and custom...

Browse Zoho Mail Reviews

Torre C.
  • Industry: Internet
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 20/05/2021

Really fantastic alternative to Google Workspace / Professional Gmail

This is a great choice and we can make a confident recommendation to clients that Zoho Mail will work for their professional email if they do not want to pay for the Google Workspace bundle.

Pros

Zoho mail is a great alternative to Google mail that we have used and implemented multiple times for clients. It's as straightforward as can be expected to set up, and can be accessed from any email software or app desired.

Cons

It seems like it takes more time and more steps to get up and running than Google mail, and the online browser interface is busy / cluttered.

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

When this platform is chosen over Google Workspace it's always because of pricing.
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 30/04/2021

Professional email with lots of features

Overall, I really like Zoho Mail. It helps us cut the costs down for emails a lot because they offer generous service plans which other companies charge a lot more. And if you are still not sure if Zoho Mail is right for you, they offer a great free plan where you can have 1 domain and 5 emails each offering 5 GB of storage.

Pros

Zoho Mail is great if you are looking for a cheap professionally managed email service that allows you to have professional-looking emails ending with your domain name. No more @gmail.com for making business. Now customers can see that you are a serious company and you can do more with Zoho Mail than with your previous email.
Zoho Mail perfectly connects with other Zoho services and every Zoho service has its add-on which is already integrated into the whole system.
Zoho Mail features a nice-looking webmail interface which also has dark mode available. The design of webmail is very modern and to my preference, I like it more than Gmail.
A key advantage of using Zoho Mail in large corporations is organization policies. Mail administrators can set up signatures, disclaimers, attachment size limit, and spam settings and even enforce the use of 2FA which all serious companies should be using nowadays if they take security seriously.
Zoho even offers a great Zoho Mail mobile app which works great on all mobile devices and systems. It supports adding multiple accounts which is great if you happen to manage multiple email boxes. If you happen to have an email client of your own choice, you can easily set up your inbox in other applications because all popular email protocols are supported out of the box - POP3, IMAP, SMTP.

Cons

I don't like the search functionality of Zoho Mail. Sometimes it is kinda unhelpful and I find emails I am searching for way faster manual rather than with a search bar. Zoho Mail saves email and associates the first name of a person in the address book based on the first part of the email. Not all companies use the [email protected] format and I think that should be considered when using search because sometimes the results of a search aren't great.
Also, the translation of the word Forward is translated wrongly in the Croatian language. I already contacted support a few times but they still haven't fixed that. Some less experienced users could find it confusing to forward email because of this poor wording. I know because at first I also was.

Felix J.

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Great for basic capabilities, lacking integration with other suites

Zoho Mail was a very solid experience during the time I used it for over 5 years. It was mostly stable with no major issues whatsoever. The setup was straightforward and I didn't have to switch into the "admin" role during day to day very often. It was quite set-it-and-forget-it for basic email duties. However, as time went on, their email solution and other included goodies felt more and more limited. With everyone using the big names of Gsuite and O365, still being stuck on Zoho's unheard of platform seemed more work than it was worth.

It's a great (free under 5 users) product​ if you're not looking to do anything fancy, and only care about basic functionality.

Pros

Zoho Mail worked well as a provider for my email on my custom domain. It has all of the features you would need out of a typical email provider, like Gmail​ or Outlook. It was simple to set up, just by adding an MX record into my DNS which took until 5 minutes. The UI is simple but powerful, and their advanced search tools helped me find emails from long ago that I wouldn't be able to find otherwise.

Since my only user was myself and an additional service account for miscellaneous sending purposes, I was using the "free" version, which is fully featured, but limited to 5 users. While the free version includes quite a lot of mail features, it is ultimately limited on mail storage, eventually causing me to move away. The free version also included access to some of Zoho's other products, including their contacts and calendar suite (expected with any email provider these days), as well as their office suite (think Word/Excel/Powerpoint). These were nice features to have included, but I ultimately did not use them too much, except for Contacts and Calendar.

Cons

Zoho is the underdog in the category of SaaS business suites, competing against GSuite and O365. While the product is fully featured and includes plenty of powerful tools, what it lacks is widespread support and integration, which ultimately made me move to O365, after using Zoho for 5 years. Their propriety storage and document solution are​ basically unheard of compared to Office Online (with OneDrive) and Google Docs (with Drive). Their IMAP/POP3, CalDav, and CardDav solutions are basic and fragmented, though the features are there. Furthermore, with the free account, I didn't get/expect any customer support so any problems were left to myself to fix (not many came up anyways).

Primarily, you lack integration with third parties and industry leaders with their services. They don't provide many plugins or connectors to external parties, and when they do, the options are lackluster. Don't expect to be able to automate things with Zoho.

Microsoft 365 and Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Zoho Mail

While just getting started with similar business suites, the choice for Zoho was clear, since they offered a generous free tier.

Top Zoho Mail Alternatives

Jem C.
  • Industry: Media Production

Reviewed on 01/06/2019

Underrated piece of software, with generous options for small businesses

Zoho has been one of the best choices we've made with our business so far, in that it provides a high-end product for a free or extremely reasonable price point. It's allowed us to professionalise our output from day one, and has a full suite of tools which you would need. I would recommend this to anyone looking to start out.

Pros

• For small businesses of up to 10 users, Zoho offers a free option, which isn't limited by time frame. This has been a real game-changer for us to be able to access these kinds of tools for free.
• The software has all of the features you'd expect, but also a lot of tools which are really useful for me as a start-up owner - for example, the ability to be able to schedule mail ahead of time.
• The app has been vastly improved recently, looking much cleaner, with several customisation options.
• I've rarely had cause to interact with the customer service team, but when ringing up on the phone, I get straight through and they're able to give me a solution fairly quickly.

Cons

• There isn't yet the ability to manage multiple domain names in one account, which would be a feature I'd like to see.
• There have been occasional periods of downtime, however, this has been only a few times in the last few years.
• When I first opened the account, I did have some problems with emails sent out going into spam, but the team have now provided some comprehensive steps on opening an account on how to avoid this.

Noorhidayu S.

Reviewed on 28/05/2021

Manage several email account from one platform

Pros

I really like most of the feature that Zoho Mail has provided, especially when i can use it to managing my own email domain name and using this software to setting it up. Zoho Mail also compatible and can easily integrated with other Zoho ecosystem software like Zoho Storage and Zoho Forms.

Cons

This software is not easy to use or to setting up a new email hosting with it especially for a novice user. Too many steps involved to setting up a somethings simple. The application for mobile device is also not too responsive unlike the web browser version.

Nadish H.

Reviewed on 26/03/2021

Best Business Email Hosting Provider

I used to use Business email hosting from one of the biggest email providers, they were providing it free of cost but then they discontinued their free plan. That was the time when I started to search for some alternative and luckily found Zoho. I was really amazed to see the features of Zoho mail and I quickly switched over to Zoho.

As I'm a web developer, mostly my clients ask to setup their business email and rather than using default webmail, I setup Zoho for them.

All of my clients are really happy with Zoho as they never faced any difficulty due to Zoho's user friendly user interface.

I really appreciate Zoho for providing such wonderful service.

Pros

Well the list will get too long if I address all the features that I like the most, but I'm mentioning some of them here.

The top most thing is that Zoho is providing free business email hosting with 5GB quota which is quite enough. The user interface of Zoho mail is just wonderful, loading speed is awesome as I never faced any downtime and loading issues since I started to use Zoho.

Zoho keeps adding new features that makes the life pretty much easier i.e their email collaboration feature, integrated calendar, tasks, bookmarks and notes etc.

Cons

I think the only think that I would like to be improved is Zoho's email search filter. Maybe I'm the only one who feels that it's a bit difficult to use email search feature of Zoho.

Shannon W.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Reviewed on 20/02/2020

Great, basic email option!

Overall, my experience with ZohoMail has been comparable to other name brand email providers. I can't complain, I can send and attach documents or images with ease. I receive all my emails just like any other software and its a great option for my small non-profit.

Pros

Zoho Mail works like any other "big name" software, but it can be a little basic. That's good though, that is what I like about it. I can send and receive all my email easily. The user experience is very easy to learn and has everything you'd ever want in an email interface.

Cons

When I first started using the software, it was a little dated but there have been many improvements since I first integrated Zoho into my company.

Joe S.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 09/09/2019

Great entry level product, highly expandable

Branded email address for very low cost. Also their tech support was great when I lost my password and 2FA ability when my phone broke. I was able to get thru and solve the problem feeling like I was still secure but able to solve the issue.

Pros

I love the web mail client environment. It works well and is easy to use and organize. Managing email for my organization is easy as well. The management interface is well organized and easy to configure with GoDaddy. I especially love having a fairly large number of email accounts for free - it means setting up email for my 5 person company is free. It lets me have a my own email domain for the cost of owning the domain with no other expenses. Great entry level product.

Cons

There are some features I don't use and don't quite get. For a 5 person company we don't need everything that's there and it sometimes adds complexity that I have to push around.

Microsoft 365

Reasons for Choosing Zoho Mail

Branded email address for free.

Ease of use, free.
Yassine A.

Reviewed on 08/06/2021

The perfect email hosting for small businesses

We use Zoho Mail across our entire organization because it’s way cheaper than alternatives and it gets the job done, whenever we have a new employee join the team I create a professional email for them in few seconds through my Zoho dashboard. I recommended Zoho for all small and medium-sized companies looking for a reliable email hosting service to increase their professional presence without breaking the bank.

Pros

The free plan is more than enough for small businesses that are just getting started and need a professional email address with their domain name, we started with the free plan and upgraded as we grew because Zoho mail is easy to use and it allows us to do some email automation with filters and it also integrates with zapier. Their mobile app is awesome and it allows me to check and reply to emails on the go.

Cons

Incoming emails that contain an image are not fully loaded once I open them because I have to manually allow the image to load and I can't find a setting that allows images to load by default whenever I open an email.

Zach C.

Reviewed on 24/08/2019

Zoho Mail - Great Option Overall

Overall, the software is great and achieves it purpose. However, there are a few technological, communication issues to fine tune for the future.

Pros

Zoho mail has an excellent, easy-to-use interface while also offering many options for customization and integration with other leading business software.

Cons

There have been multiple issues with a delay on receiving my security code to login and it caused me to lose time at work until the system started working again. There have been a few times where logging in did not work for hours, but was eventually resolved.

Ernesto enrique F.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 29/12/2018

Very good email service for entrepreneurs

With Zoho Mail I could have my corporate email with all the functionalities of a service like Office 365 or G Suite with a much lower cost.

Pros

Lo que mas me gusta es su fiabilidad, es rapido y funciona perfecto con servidores de correo corporativos. Puedes configurarlo como quieras y tienes docenas de aplicaciones que puedes integrar por parte de ZOHO que te ayudan a mejorar la presencia de tu organizacion. Su servicio gratuito tiene hasta 25 cuentas de 5GB cada una, lo que para una empresa pequeña en crecimiento es un alivio ya que no existe algun otro servicio parecido. Me gusta que puedes configurar el acceso personalizado y colocarle el logo de la empresa. Adicionalmente tiene aplicaciones moviles que te ayudan a gestionar el correo y los usuarios que no tiene nada que envidiarle a los servicios mas conocidos.

Cons

The only thing that I would like them to improve is the ability to customize more themes but with the new interface you almost do not even need it.

Silviu O.

Reviewed on 07/12/2019

Great Business Email Client

If you need a free business email, then Zoho is the perfect solution. It offers almost the same things as Google's G Suite.

Pros

Good user experience. Easy to customize email filters, email settings. It is the cheap alternative to G Suite.

Cons

You can't use the email forwarding option on the free plan. When setting it up, I have experienced a few problems and had to switch to the older version of Zoho.

Price.
Jyoti R.

Reviewed on 14/06/2021

Does the job.

I needed this for an offshoot website that needed its own email address but did not have that functionality in the website builder I was using (at least not at the level I was paying). This was a really good workaround. I switched from one that was charging a lot more, and once the set up was taken care of, it worked worry-free.

Pros

This is a really comprehensive system - probably a lot more than what I actually needed. I switched to this from another mainstream email delivery system and once I'd figured out how to shift everything from the website mail, I was able to forget about it and let it do it's thing. In the 2 years I used it, everything worked as expected.

Cons

It has a lot of options and extras, which I didn't really need and found a bit confusing. However, for anyone who needs full functionality for email delivery, this would actually be a plus.

Muhammad S.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 03/12/2020

My experience using the Zoho Mail

My experience with the site is more than excellent, and I recommend it to everyone who wants professional mail and excellent service for free, and also using the site is easy like any other mail we use.

Pros

I have used Zoho for a short time, but I can judge that Zoho Mail is the best at giving you professional mail, and what I like most is that you can get a lot of features like message storage space that is enough for your use and all this is free for a lifetime and I have never had any problems with mail as it receives and sends messages without problems or delays, so far I like the site and it is easy to use. I recommend Zoho to everyone who wants your professional mail for free for life with great features, and if your workspace is bigger, they also offer various plans that you can subscribe to.

Cons

I had no problems using the site, either at first when registering and linking the site to my domain. You ran into some minor issues, and depending on the company the domain was leased from, you might not see these issues. Each company has an explanation on the site about how to connect the DNS settings, but the company that I rented the domain from did not have a detailed explanation

Roshen D.
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 25/02/2020

Zoho Mail: The Best (and maybe only) Free Business Mail Software

Overall Zoho Mail is a great application for startup business to have a professional email and having to pay nothing but I do think the premium plans are worth the price and our company will probably upgrade once we start hiring again.

Pros

FREE! This software is actually the only free business mail software that would let us use our own domain for free and it was simple and easy to set up. We currently only have 5 employees which is great because Zoho Mail Free only has up to 5 users.

Cons

One of the main big things about this software is that you can't use secondary email clients such as the Windows Mail App and the Apple Mail App for on the go use. Zoho does offer this in their paid plan though. The limit is 5 users and for us it is fine because we only have 5 employees but if we were looking to hire more than we would have to purchase a paid plan.

Alex E.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 10/05/2021

Love Zoho Mail

Overall, my experience with Zoho Mail has been great. It was easy to set up, easy to create new email addresses, and easy to use everyday for email. I highly recommend it for any website.

Pros

Zoho mail has been the easiest Mail system that I’ve ever deployed. It quickly and easily paired with my website. Within minutes I was able to create branded email addresses for my business. The day to day use of Zoho Mail is very easy and reliable. I highly recommend it to everyone.

Cons

Copy and pasting emails can be a bit difficult with Zoho Mail when it comes to the formatting. When I copy and paste the email the formatting gets a bit wonky. It takes some time to go back and fix it.

Laura B.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 05/10/2018

great alternative to gmail

Whenever I had problems, or was trying to understand if a problem lay with the email browser or with Zoho, I received excellent customer support.
We would schedule a phone call, and/or the assistant would remote monitor my online use.
I also received whatsapp chat help.

Pros

The interface is well designed and it is a great way step out of the domination of google based mail which then transfers your data to way too many other apps.

As a standard IMAP/POP, it is compatible with all email browsers such as outlook, thunder, postmail etc

Cons

limited compatible fonts. sometimes it is difficult to understand if one needs to adjust the the control panel or the configuration settings

Ricardo P.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/04/2021

Great solution to have your domain email

I joined Zoho mail because I needed to create emails with a domain. So I made some research on the web and found that it was possible to have up to 5 email adresses for free.

I found that it was easy to setup and from then on I am receiving and sending emails without any problem.

Pros

You can use your domain to create emails.

The price is very competitive and you have some good free features.

Cons

When you are talking about email UX/UI Gmail is delivering high standards. So I don't like to much the environment of the browser experience.

They have lots of features, but I think that I don't use them because they are not intuitive.

Hoang L.

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

Good free email solution for starters

Awesome free email hosting solution.

Pros

I used Zoho mostly for their free email hosting on which I can use my own domain. This is a great free solution if you want to set up mailboxes for your domain name for free.

Cons

Since Zoho placed some restrictions on the free tier such as no forwarding, I was forced to look at a paid plan which is priced similarly to Gmail (Gsuite). A Gsuite subscription is better in all aspects so I decided to leave Zoho for a Gsuite subscription.
If you plan to use the free tier, make sure you check their current restrictions to see if you might need some of the restricted features.

Reviewed on 24/11/2018

A free mail service with your own domain name

I have email addresses for my company, looks much more profesional than a Google or Yahoo address

Pros

After a configuration which was not too difficult a few years ago, I now have various email addresses with my own domain name for free. I connect my devices to it through IMAP and it works flawlessly. Functionalities are similar to other providers (filters, automatic reply etc). The free version is limited to 5 GB so you have to clean your mailboxes regularly

Cons

The website may not be as nice as Gmail but if you use dedicated software for collecting your emails you will not see it

Amador C.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 28/01/2021

Great option for using mail for your domain

This was a godsend to me, having tried other mail services for your domain, including those that come with your hosting. This is by far the easiest and better one. And the low price can´t be beaten.

Pros

Use of use. Professional. You can use several aliases for the same domain, for the same low price. This the best option if you don´t like the mail that comes with web hosting your domain.

Cons

I would like to see some features, like the option to see your other aliases in your mail dashboard.

Brent R.

Reviewed on 15/05/2018

Zoho Mail is a very stable mail platform with lots to customize

For me, Zoho Mail was a no-brainer because my business revolves around many of the Zoho applications already. So having it all in the same ecosystem is great. I love that I can customize it to the way I like, which is a common thing with Zoho software. It's been very stable and the servers are fast, and I have very few complaints!

Pros

As a user of several other Zoho products, I finally made the switch to Zoho Mail as my mail platform. I love that it integrates with other products in the Zoho line.

Zoho Mail has been a very reliable and secure mail platform, with multiple layers of security and verification you can implement to avoid your emails going to junk. And you can customize the platform quite a bit. Plus, you can still check it using any mail application if you prefer not to use the online interface.

But overall, the best things about Zoho Mail are the stability, the customizability, and the integration with other key Zoho apps. It has worked great.

Cons

I really wish the calendar and tasks and their integration with Zoho Projects was a little more polished. Right now, I don't enjoy using the tasks in Zoho Mail because you can't see which projects they are a part of easily, and it's hard to manage the tasks themselves that come from Projects.

Marcos dias A.
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Zoho Mail was the perfect solution for my new business - free tier offers everything I need

When looking for an email solution for the company I was starting with my wife, the three main requisites were (1) support my brazilian (.com.br) domain, (2) easy setup and management and (3) low cost.
Researching on the internet for the alternatives (there are hundreds of email providers) the solution that matched by needs was Zoho Mail. The limited number of users in the free tier is enough for me, the setup was quick and easy and both web and mobile (iOS and Android) apps are really good.
I do recommend it for small businesses.

Pros

The setup to support my company domain (.com.br) was easy and fast.
There is a free tier with limited users that was enough for my small company.
Translated to many languages.

Cons

I had no issues so far and no needs that weren't met.
My only observation is about the interface of the web app that is a little bit cluttered and confusing.

Adithya U.

Reviewed on 29/07/2019

Zoho Mail - Alternative to G Suite for mails

Pros

* Easy and free way to host custom domain specific email id's. (Up-to 5 accounts can be created in free plan)
* Rich Admin tools to monitor and manager users
* Feature rich mobile app to check mails on go
* Supports calendar and meeting requests
* Adheres to GDPR compliance
* Supports scheduling of mails
* Supports email snippets
* Integrates with Zoho CRM

Cons

* Sometimes there is a delay in mail delivery.

Shanti D.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Reviewed on 12/07/2021

Clean, fast, and offer best spam filter

Zoho mail service is a game-changer for small and mid-size businesses. It provides both free and paid service at a very low cost and has a very competitive feature. They have three separate option according to users choice. one for mails, one separate app for admin and another one is called steams- It provide unique look to mail box.

Pros

Multi-channel integration option which help us in becoming more productive and user friendly. It provide affordable plans with guaranty refund if we dont like the products.
It provide both POP and IMAP support on demand.They also provide 24*7 support to there application with remote assistant.

Cons

They only have one cons which is that they provide very low storage for the free version.