About Airbase

Airbase is a comprehensive spend management platform that combines bill pay, corporate card issuance, spend approvals, employee reimbursements, and more. This solution can be used by CEOs/CFOs, VPs of finance, controllers,...

Browse Airbase Reviews

Arianna C.

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

A necessary system for scaling company

We added more control to our expenses, more visibility and improvement on the monthly closing timing.

Pros

When a startup goes above 100 people, you need a spend management software. Airbase has tons of features, the implementation is easy and their product team always strive for continuous improvement.

Cons

I think it's on the right path, however some tool for reconciliation is missing when it comes to check that all the prepaid accounts are cleared and booked and that amortization expense is correct.

Steve G.

Reviewed on 21/03/2021

Great All-around solution

Pros

Ease of use and overall beautiful UI / UX for a complex product.

Cons

Lack of international payments will be nice at some point. I was excited when they launched employee reimbursements.

Kenny M.

Reviewed on 03/05/2019

Airbase makes managing spend a breeze

* It's been a life-saver on the finance side. I've been able to automate all of our spend and everything from recurring software to one-off employee requests get routed through Airbase. Really easy to administer and employees needed no training.

Pros

* Helped me streamline the entire spend process at Coda.io - I route most expenses through the platform - everything from software to travel to one-off expenditures.
* Incredibly easy to use - I have never trained an employee on how to use Airbase. They log in, and it's clear what they should do.
* It creates tremendous peace of mind on spend - I don't worry about vendors charging us more than they should, people buying software they don't need, and card numbers getting stolen.
* Visibility - It's easy to know what has already been purchased, who purchased it, and how much are we spending.
* Keeps getting better - Airbase started with just digital credit cards but the tool is quickly replacing all types of spend management software internally.

Cons

* Mobile app still catching up to web app, but moving quickly.
* Manually moving over old spend into Airbase by switching credit cards with vendors was tedious, but a worthwhile one-time investment, and Airbase did a lot to make it as painless as possible (found all the vendors for us that we needed to update)

Top Airbase Alternatives

Quickbooks Online

Accrualify Spend Management Platform

Chuck W.
  • Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 09/05/2019

Airbase -- Great Spend Management Software -- HDVI Uses It Every Day.

See above --

Pros

Airbase directly addresses some of the hardest financial management issues facing all companies today -- and HDVI is no exception. With a robust set of features, Airbase manages our spending across all types of purchases -- subscription based, one-time, etc. -- and across all types of payments (ACH, Checks, Credit Cards, etc.) It takes multiple cumbersome processes and consolidates them into streamlined, highly automated workflows -- reducing our work, and increasing our visibility into and control of company spending across the board.

Cons

Initially, Airbase had limited functionality in a few areas. However, it's quickly filled those holes in -- so at this point, it's more than overcome those initial limitations.

Samaan G.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

accounting done the right way

i L O V E using AIRBASEEE! and i have told my friends, even other businesses about it

Pros

its virtual card features and being able to pay our vendors on the spot for parts orders and much more
being able to upload invoices with ease for accounting was/is also a plus that i like about this software

Cons

this software is just absolutely amazing, there is nothing i dislike about it

Alyssa R.

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Airbase has brought our Company to the Next Level

- great customer service with highly efficient and secure software for a delightful experience.

Pros

Airbase offers clarity to our finances, the ability to create 1-time use cards for security, safety of finances and ability to see where each dollar goes towards.

Airbase offers the ability to upload receipts all in one place in preparation for audits & taxes.

Cons

- nothing at the moment. Everything has been very carefully thought out.

Tim D.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 24/09/2020

Airbase Allows Your Teams To Move Faster

Pros

When it comes to making fast payments, Airbase is the best! What I like about Airbase is it gives the end-user financial autonomy while giving the finance team full oversight and control. Everyone wins! If you are in a fast-moving organization with lots of teams working on projects, then I would highly recommend using Airbase. It makes paying vendors a snap while giving your finance team peace of mind.

Cons

None tha I can think of. It's intuitive, easy to use and gives you financial resources in just a few mins.

Jesus D.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 19/02/2021

Top Spend Management Software

Provides a fast and convenient method to manage expenses and efficiently upload receipts

Pros

Intuitive and easy to integrate. Solid app with intelligent tools to manage expenses

Cons

Virtual cards are only available via the desktop portal. Limited controls on app

Alex H.
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 16/02/2021

Awesome product

Simple and effective.

Pros

Very easy to use and track expenses. The user interface is simple and effective, unlike other relative companies.

Cons

There's nothing that I can really think of.

Josephine P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 24/02/2021

Best platform I have signed us up for!

Airbase has been a pleasure to work with from the start. Even the sales part didn't feel... well.. salesy!
The onboarding was exceptional. We were assigned an onboarding support specialist who literally walked us through every step of using Airbase over 3-4 training sessions. There wasn't a thing left out and after each session I was sent away with 'homework' to ensure that each stage of setting up Airbase and integrating it with our accounting platform was done correctly.

We have now been using it for about 6 months and the customer service continues to be excellent. Despite the fact that it is a general support request, it is always the same support specialist that returns an answer (and usually within a couple of hours).

Our team have all had a really positive response to adopting airbase. It has given them the autonomy to spend as they require, but still kept the ultimate control over spending within our finance function for the organization.

Prior to Airbase, we used to spend hours trying to reconcile spending at the end of each month!
It has also meant that we pay our vendors immediately because the process of inputing a bill and making a payment is so quick and easy.

Pros

I love the user experience on this platform. Everything about it is just intuitive and well thought out. It makes processing purchasing requests a really seamless experience and has saved us hours of work at the month end.
Since adopting Airbase as our platform for spend management, we have been able to take everything back in house, have much more control over our spend, receipts and reporting, and have cut our bookkeeping costs by 90%

Cons

I honestly can't think of any downsides to Airbase. Really! It's saved is tons of time, money and headaches.

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 02/08/2021

Airbase total spend management

Overall very positive experience with Airbase from the Sales process, to implementation to using in the day to day. We have gone from a manual process for invoices, a corporate card solution, and another tool for expense reimbursements to a single tool to manage all of this and automate our expense accounting.

Pros

Bringing all spend management (Cards, POs/invoicing, vendor management, expense reimbursement) and accounting automation into one easy to use tool. Very easy to implement and set up.

Cons

It does not integrate with Tripactions, but this is a minor complaint.

Julian G.

Reviewed on 08/09/2020

Really great solution for purchasing!

Pros

This is the first time I have used a spend management platform like this and it is 100% a game changer. I enjoy how easy it is to set employees up to create virtual credit cards and efficiently take care of expenses with external vendors. Permissions that are set up for each person streamlines the approval process and lets them get their work done quicker. It also easily tracks all of your expenses so that you can reference them at any point. Really grateful that my company uses Airbase!

Cons

No areas of improvement that I can think of at this time.

Reviewed on 31/03/2021

Enabled us to scale at an early stage

Pros

The combination of card spend management and AP automation was truly unique. It solved two key problems in one spot creating a consolidated view of all of our spending that allowed us to scale without the need to hire additional headcount.

Cons

Occasionally some of the required steps of a couple workflows feel like a bit cumbersome for a small organization, but, the controls put in place are best practices and I know we will be implementing them soon.

Bill.com
Karin L.

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Efficient and Saves Time

Pros

I have been in the corporate accounting world for over 20 years and Airbase is the first system that I have used that is all encompassing and saves so much time from the start of the transaction process to the final payment. Takes away all of the manual tasks that are part of the payable and procurement processes. Highly reccommend!

Cons

Need better reporting for reconciliations of accounts

Kevin P.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

End User

Pros

Ease of use - Credit Card numbers are given quickly and randomly

Cons

Sometimes product is slow to respond and will double load prior to the latest information showing

Michaela G.
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 01/04/2021

easy, fast, effective

I love it, it is better than have a physical card.

Pros

Easy way how to distribute money between employees for company expenses

Cons

Some payment gates doesn't accept airbase, that could be improved

Lianna M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 23/02/2021

Expense Management

The onboarding process was involved but they dedicated a lot of time to making sure we were set up. Now we're saving so much time with Airbase. It was well worth the time investment.

Pros

We use Airbase for AP and Expense management. It makes reviewing/approving/and paying bills easy. Employees enjoy the freedom of using their virtual cards within the limits set by management and I enjoy that we have oversight into 100% of company spend.

Cons

Airbase was designed for large teams so we don't use all of the features to their fullest extent (soon, though!)

Taylor F.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Most innovative accounting app I've ever used!

Airbase is the future of managing payment online. When we are not getting customer service from one of our vendors or a company won't cancel our account, we can just turn off that vendor's credit card number. We are more in control of our dollars.

Pros

I like how Airbase empowers my team to be able to request professional development opportunities right from their Airbase dashboard.

Cons

I don't love that sometimes vendors don't accept the credit card number, but it's not that often that that happens.

Diane G.

Reviewed on 05/05/2021

Easy to use!

Pros

I love how easy it was to get setup on airbase. I'm able to manage AP with just a few clicks. New features are also regularly being released.

Cons

Nothing so far. I haven't had any problems and support is great when I do have a question.

Sumeet G.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/07/2020

Great product for fast growing companies

Prior to airbase, I feel like we were running in the dark. Invoices would show up in email, department leaders didn't really have much transparency or control over what was being spent.
With airbase, it's super easy for a dept head (or anyone with a spend budget) to accurately track what's being spent, make sure vendors are paid on time, and ensure that the team's always staying within budget and financial authorization limits.
It's really simplified life, not just for our finance team, but for the entire leadership and brought an amazing degree of financial control - something that was sorely needed for a fast growing startup such as ours.

Pros

Ability to create virtual credit cards per vendor is amazing. It provides such a great degree of control and transparency into our spend, while making our spend reporting so much more accurate.
Also, love the user experience and ease of use.

Cons

Hard to find anything to dislike. I've had a great experience so far.

Lorina P.

Reviewed on 22/06/2020

Airbase is the Best Spend Management Tool out there!

Pros

Most efficient and streamline spend management tool I have ever used! Being able to easily issue vendor specific virtual cards and payments are easy safe and secure.

Cons

There were no blockers or issues with integrating Airbase for our team as administrators and endusers.

Cathrine G.
  • Used Monthly for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 20/07/2021

I’m happy my company switched to Airbase

Airbase has made it easier to make vendor purchases and it’s very easy to get reimbursed for things I’ve paid for myself.

Pros

I like that it’s quick to request a purchase from my manager and the dashboard that lets me see different transactions. I get personal expenses reimbursed faster, I can see if a vendor has charged me or not and I can see where I am in regard to budget.

Cons

It was a bit confusing the first time I made a pre-purchase request whether to raise a purchase order or a virtual card, but once my manager explained the difference it made sense.

Sean C.

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Bill pay only

Airbase has been responsive and helpful with all issues we've encountered. It took a decent amount of time to set up bill pay and we've misstated our GL multiple times due to lack of understanding of how the product functions. However, we are happy with the product and have recognized significant efficiencies compared to our historic manual processing.

Pros

This software makes it simple and efficient to aggregate, prepare, review, and pay invoices. It has significantly reduced the time to process AP via its clean workflow and automatic timed payments after approvals are completed.

Cons

There are some idiosyncrasies in this product that take time and effort to understand. Unfortunately, our trial and error learnings have resulted in multiple GL misstatements; one of which resulted in an error identified by auditors. For example, when an invoice gets changed/updated by the Vendor the AP processor has an opportunity to "archive" the bill in Airbase. This action does nothing to your GL so any new invoice will be double-counted.
I also wish there was a way to remind approvers more frequently. Bill are most often late due to delayed approvals.

Andy J.

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Easy tool to simplify and unify multiple tools

Pros

Airbase has been very useful for my team in terms of consolidating our company cards, bill payments, and expense reports/reimbursements. The support team has also been super responsive and helpful.

Cons

One product nitpick is that I sometimes have a hard time finding certain bills or payments because they filter by state, and I don't know before-hand what state the bill or payment is in.

Drew S.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 17/02/2021

Hyper-granular control, finally...without being "that account person bugging people"

Pros

- Hyper-granular control of expenses. Instead of managing limits and checking expenses on corporate cards, each approved expense request receives a single virtual credit card number (managed by accounting) for that specific vendor an expense (one-time or recurring)
- Flexible approval workflows

Cons

- Lack of integration with budgeting. Approval workflows should show managers how any discrete approval affects their department budget.