About Apptivo

Apptivo is a cloud-based suite of applications designed to help small businesses manage a range of functions including financials, human resources and supply chain management. Apptivo’s customer relationship management (CRM)...

4.7
4.2
4.7

Browse Apptivo Reviews

Rob

Reviewed on 01/05/2018

Best Bang for the buck on the market! Adaptability and ease of use with scalability!

Functionality and accurate data collection that was flexible to meet my needs! Hands down the best solution on the market for the price point!

Pros

Ease of USE and layout modifications! The layout is so easy and adaptable to collect the information simply from other users. Databases are only as good as the information you put into them. Apptivo makes it so SIMPLE getting the info in and thus making it powerful!

Cons

Very few, because it is cloud-based they are constantly adding customization features and options and sometimes the functional icons show up in the Customization Settings of the Administrator and there is no documentation for the new functionality as of yet. I would much rather have this problem than them not update the customization functionality though. This database is unbelievably scalable and constantly improving!

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. We exist because of great customers like yourself! I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Marc

Reviewed on 09/02/2023

Apptivo Training and Configuration Support

In general, a very positive experience. I have found the online "chat" support to be hit and miss, with a lot of the agents not having much knowledge in helping solve the problem at hand. Conversely, the "paid" configuration support has been generally excellent. My configuration support rep ("[sensitive content hidden]") has been a tremendous help in custom configuration assistance.

Pros

The "all-in-one" aspect of various business modules makes this more than just a CRM tool.

Cons

Some of the relationships between fields in the various modules do not work as advertised and/or need work-arounds in the configuration

Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Prophet user interface (through Outlook) was lacking, plus it didn't have all the other customer interface modules (order management, work order management, etc.) that Apptivo has. In general, the user interface of Apptivo is far superior to Prophet as well as response times for entering / retrieving information.

Prophet CRM

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Far superior in terms of customer support, usability, and overall price.
abdou
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 05/09/2023

a powerful marketing tool

almost 2 years of use, I am more than conquered

Pros

it's easy to use and customizable, suitable for any type of business

Cons

I sometimes have small billing errors, but if not, everything's fine.

Top Apptivo Alternatives

Brendon

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Apptivo Review

Pros

It's a versatile product once you get over the hurdle of understanding the basics.

Cons

More connectivity with other applications is needed. A lot of extra development work is needed for many of the most used applications to be connected.

Mike

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

Pros

I can adapt it to my needs.

I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes.

We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live.

The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Mike,

The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes.

For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting.

We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible.

Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Replied 11/10/2018
Walter

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

Very impressed with Apptivo CRM.

Pros

I used quite a bit of CRM. But, with Apptivo based on your needs, you can customize it to tailor your company functionalities.

Cons

So, far the only thing I would do is when you are in the "Leads" or "Contacts" list if there was a next button to move on the next lead or contact. But, other than that it is great!

Taha
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 19/04/2023

Unleashing Business Potential with Apptivo

The overall experience with Apptivo has been exceptional. The platform's comprehensive range of tools and features, along with its ease of use, has made it an invaluable resource for businesses of all sizes.

Pros

Apptivo is a highly versatile and user-friendly CRM system that offers a comprehensive suite of tools to manage sales, marketing, and customer relationships.

Cons

This review is focused on Apptivo; however, it is worth mentioning that, in comparison, Sendinblue has certain limitations. Sendinblue is primarily an email marketing platform, and its CRM capabilities may not be as robust or feature-rich as Apptivo's.

Nick
  • Industry: Consumer Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 25/05/2023

Support

Great, loads of support from start to ongoing

Pros

Support is always great. Available 24/7 immediately

Cons

Set up is time consuming but important to get structure correct in first instance

Vernessa

Reviewed on 20/06/2018

Apptivo is All-Inclusive, Modern ERP Cloud App Done Right (Just Add Speed and GUI Refresh)

I was using Teamwork (formerly Teamwork PM) for project management, a local install of vTiger CRM for contacts and opportunity management, and myriad other cloud-based apps to pull together administrative activities.

I wanted an all-inclusive software with strong project management features that also allowed me to handle detailed invoicing and allowed customers to click a link to pay. Lastly, the CRM component had to be at least as good as vTiger (or Zoho CRM which I'd also given a trial run).

Apptivo satisfied these needs. Pleased with the CRM, opportunity management, project management, field service management, and billing apps (especially since they've added Stripe as a payment gateway).

Pros

They do not nickle-and-dime you to death! One price includes everything. Their tiers are about number of users rather than adding/subtracting features. A more sensible model than some of the others.

I like how detail views are available from most places -- call logs, projects, tasks, and notes can be associated with a contact or company or opportunity.

The integration with email is excellent, right down to making it easy to connect your email boxes. One challenge I had that Apptivo solved for me was how to keep emails related to a particular project or opportunity all together in one place. Apptivo does a good job of this by assigning codes (or project numbers), and allowing you to select whether or not the email you are writing is related.

If you are writing emails using some other application (your desktop client or cloud-based app), you can use the same code in the subject line and Apptivo will pull that email into the app, and associate it with the relevant modules (project, client, case, etc.)

Cons

Apptivo is reliable, doesn't seem to ever lose information, etc. but it is often as slow as molasses in an ice storm. Waiting is a no-no; constant waiting is a annoyance that has made me close the app more than once and come back another time.

Apptivo communicates improvements and changes on a regular basis, however, it takes Apptivo a long, loooooong time to integrate changes that have been requested by clients, and improvements overall.

The incremental changes they report on are good but they are really things that should have been implemented 4-5 years ago. An example of this is Stripe (payment gateway) integration. I requested it over and over about 3 years ago but it was just implemented last year.

They could do better with customization (esp. dashboards), reporting, data import, data export and speed.

Low scores on API/integrations -- they have an API but not many other services have developed integrations for it. Neither have they developed many integrations (except for Google products). Even their WordPress module is outdated, clunky. Also, connection to phone services (to take better advantage of the ability to log calls).

The interface still has areas that are clunky and unattractive (although, in defense of Apptivo, I must say the interface has improved in aesthetics, colors and icons in the 4 years I've been using it).

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.

Theresa L
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 31/07/2023

I wanted to love this product

Customer Service is great. If you have an IT department that can do your troubleshooting you will find a willing and helpful partner with Apptivo. Their customer support team is top notch! I did not have the knowledge base to use the app successfully.

Pros

I really loved the idea of the 360 view.

Cons

It took me a while to really understand the components, but I felt in the end I was entering repetitive information. I could not get the logic chain and while have so many options is great, I would also determine which concepts I needed to get to my end goal.

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Apptivo for Sales

Generally okay. but still getting to know how to use it.

Pros

It is an easy to use product and has the flexibility to customise

Cons

I have found that the import function is not intuitive

Sumit Kumar

Reviewed on 12/09/2023

Apptivo features

Good CRM tools

Pros

Ease of use, sales and contact management in CRN was good.

Cons

Little bit costly and performance is average.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 28/06/2019

General

Slow. Very pleased with how things work, but it took a little while to get used to the interface. Now that we have been using it for 3 months or so, it has everything we need all in one place.

Pros

The variety of features that cover Sales to Finance. The value of the apps that are offered fits perfectly into our organization.

Cons

It's sometimes hard to find things. I think this will diminish as I use the product more. The biggest frustration is the integration with other products especially O365. I think I have the email down, but calendar is harder than it should be. Using OneDrive only connects to my personal account and I would like to be able to connect it to our O365 sharepoint folders instead.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Needed a more feature rich application

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Some of the alternatives were expensive and didn't offer the value that Apptivo offers. Only Zoho had all the CRM and Project Management features that we needed. Although we thought Zoho was a little easier to get started on, it seemed to have problems with it's integration between it's internal apps and ultimately frustrated us.

Response from Apptivo

Hello Michael,

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this review! Our team is thrilled that you're happy with the value the apps bring to your company. We will collect this feedback on getting familiarized with Apptivo and notify our teams accordingly to improve the process. Thank you, again!

Replied 20/08/2019

Reviewed on 06/05/2021

New CMS software

Apptivo has enabled us to maintain and improve our diary management, transitioning away from a much more expensive older established CRM system, which now feels quite outdated and slow by comparison after just a few weeks of using Apptivo.

Pros

This product is easy to use, once you leave behind any legacy training from your old software! It also comes with an excellent APP which enables you to INSTANTLY access your diary anywhere you are. this is a big plus.
Once you understand the logic of the programme you realise there is a lot of functionality available to you. We will be picking up various new apps as we need them. this aspect is also helpful as you are not paying for anything you do not need.... until you need it!

Cons

Not a fault of the software, but our biggest challenge is simply unlearning how the old software worked, along with the absence of a right click function - which is the same for any browser based software.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

This product has an online web version but it is slow, cumbersome and with rather limited functionality which is really quite challenging to access online. We needed to be much more nimble and be able to access our diaries much more quickly and do not regret the move away from ACT.

HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

All the other options were far more costly / user with apparently similar functionality.
Heath
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 26/07/2021

Designed for us

We needed a CRM system that really could be bespoke to our unique needs as an organisation. Having outgrown our previous CRM when it wasn't able to be flexible enough to grow with us, we needed to ensure that not only could be track engagements, manage contacts, track event participation -- as well as set up considerable amount of event triggers for email notifications and much more. The Apptivo team really never said "No, we can't do that". It was always a case of let's go away, see what we can do, and they came back with a solution. Very impressed with the support we received from Apptivo.

Pros

Apptivio was already a full-featured product when we identified it as a suitable replacement for our existing CRM system, which we'd outgrown as an organisation. The ability to further customise it to our specific needs, through the support of their friendly, professional services team, guaranteed that it would tick all of our boxes. We're still finding new things to use Apptivo for, and it's great to have all of these features in one product which integrates with our Office suite.

Cons

We heavily customised what the product is capable of, syncing it with our Xero accounting package as well as Office 365. This took considerable effort on the part of Apptivo's support teams -- not a complaint by any means though.

Zoho CRM, Insightly, Zapier, Freshdesk, HubSpot CRM and Zendesk Suite

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

The incredible amount of features and capabilities present within the Apptivo ecosystem as well as the ability to really make it our own.
Bryan

Reviewed on 22/09/2019

Who Provides GREAT "Chat" Support?

Replaced ACT Contact Management System to provide realtime access to critical data to make decisions and deliver breakthrough support to our customers and vendors.

Pros

Apptivo does! Although it's rare that I've had to use Apptivo "Chat" Support. Today, was another example where Naresh went above and beyond to get a Supervisor to fix an important Account Set-up. On a prior Chat call, Apptivo suggested a remote session where the representative quickly identified the Advanced Capabilities required to import a complex database. My company does not sell or represent Apptivo although we are in the enterprise software integration industry. Apptivo sets a new standard of excellence in support that organizations small and large can depend.

Cons

Additional pre-built integrations are time savers and Apptivo has more work to do in this area. Professionally, I'd rather have a solid framework of broad core features that is competitively priced than can be used by everyone in the company.

Zoho CRM, Act! and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.

Act!

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Increased functionality, better support and lower cost.
Gabriel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Google Contact Replacement

We had to keep customizing every time we added a new contact with our old system, here once we customized our fields they are set and there every time. We felt as if we had our own software program made just for us, we walked them through on what we needed and they gave us what we needed and more. They have saved us so much time going forward.

Pros

We worked with Google Contacts but we ran out of contact space with them, we had to look for a system/software that we could customize contact fields to fit our needs. I searched different programs for several weeks narrowing it down to a handful and after trying out all of them we found that Apptivo was the most user friendly, and the one with all the options for us to customize ALL our contact fields. This is what set it apart from the others and the you can't beat the price!

Cons

We are still new to the software, but we have integrated and there is nothing that we don't like about the software. The more we learn about it the more we love it.

Brett

Reviewed on 17/01/2021

If you need something customized to your business it doesn't get better!

This company is fantastic and a complete joy to work with. Very courteous and fast to correct issues as they arrive. Communication was fantastic.

Pros

The company does everything in their power to personalize your experience for your needs instead of trying to force your needs into their locked system. Very customizable and if they can't do what you need they will do what they can to implement it later.

Cons

A bit slow on page changes, updates, and downloads. They need a more robust system and servers.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Dataforma was way too expensive and not very customizable. After 5 years they were still not able to implement most of our requests and needs that we were told in the beginning that they would work to roll-out.

Dataforma

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

They were the most customizable and affordable. The only other companies that were as customizable were way more expensive.

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

CRM Solution

All CRM's require Users to learn their navigation, terminology and how functions are executed. Unlike other CRM's I have tested, the Support Team at Apptivo has been both diligent and effective in resolving a few technical glitches with my onboarding process. Apptivo provides me with a reliable CRM platform and functions on which I can run my business. 24x7 access to an effective and professional Support Team is a valuable resource that ensures I spend more time with my clients than suffering from IT issues.

Pros

Apptivo provides a portfolio of critical functions for companies to manage different aspects of their business. Unlike some others, the Apptivo functions/Apps are well integrated. This provides a strong foundation for reliable and accurate information to manage your business.

Cons

Apptivo doesn't yet integrate with Zoom.

Lori
  • Industry: Research

Reviewed on 11/08/2022

Overall, this product has streamlined and simplified the way we do business, contact our clients, and regulate their access to data.

Pros

Apptivo CRM is very user friendly. It is also very flexible so it can suit your business the way you do business

Cons

If I feel like there is something missing, I can report it to Apptivo and they usually put it in their pipeline and add it to the software.

Andi
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Reviewed on 29/07/2020

Great CRM Program

I love Apptivo, it's perfect for what we need.

Pros

We recently upgraded to Apptivo after testing out and demo'ing numerous products. Apptivo not only matched our budget, but it had ALL of the features that we needed it! I highly recommend the Apptivo team.

Cons

There are a few areas where we are having to manually enter the information from our old systems into the new system. The invoices didn't integrate properly and you have to manually get your past appointments on your calendar.

Zoho CRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

I wanted a product that had 24-7 support and Zoho would not offer that unless I paid anually

Zoho CRM

Pricing and support
Robert
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 23/03/2019

Making a small business look large and professional

Very Happy with the product. It works well, year in and year out, and this year, I intend to learn how to use more aspects of it. It's a complete sales CRM and I don't really take advantage of that. I use it as an invoice generation tool. I am a loyal user and have no intention of looking elsewhere. BUT please think about that calendar feature. $60 and an invasive integration from Google, feels a bit much.

Pros

It is easy and quick to punch out an invoice copying an old customer invoice and making a couple changes in the body the Output looks Professional when I bill my corporate clients. I like that if I get stuck, CHAT is always available and it's been quick to resolve my confusion or concerns.

Cons

Inconsistent features access between my Ipad and my windows desktop. The IOS (Apple) apps have improved since I started using Apptivo. Although I had to have two separate Apps on my ipad initially and it was confusing, the main app has bulked up to where I rarely need to get on my windows machine. But I'm finding I do have to still, like setting up recurring invoices.

Recording payments, seems to be less than intuitive, resulting in me over crediting an account and having to search until I gave up, trying to delete the twice or more extra payments due to some sort of lag from screen to screen.

My man complaint is lack of a simple calendar capability and it appears if I want it I'll be having to add Google G Suites, which is overkill. Apparently to make up for lack of feature capability in Apptivo, if I want to set up recurring invoices that utilize date features like 2nd Tuesday of every month or 4th Monday of the month. That will cost me $6 month from Google and I don't want or need all of the G suite features.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Robert!
First of all, thank you so much for taking the time to post this review. Our team is so thrilled that you are so happy with our service and Apptivo
Sure we are taking all your feedback on enhancing the Recurring Invoices and Calendar capability into consideration and will work on it.
I am delighted to read that our support team provided excellent service. We would continue to give all of our customers with the same fantastic experience.
You can always get us on online chat (24/7) or write a note to [email protected].

Thanks again!

Replied 04/04/2019
Tara

Reviewed on 07/05/2018

Great way to track projects. A lot of features that can be customized for your specific...

Being able to see any project at any given status at any time.

Pros

Being able to put numerous fields to retain all project information in several different formats. Ease of reporting by exporting data to excel and going from there. You only have to use what you need. Disabling certain apps prevents you and users with too much information. Great selection of apps to customize for each business. Really enjoy the product!

Cons

Invoicing is very basic. Not able to use it if you bill hourly. Not enough 1:1 support for highly complex project system setups. Need more reps to have access to custom care. Had pitfalls in reporting, but were addressed fairly quickly, but set us back as a company. Needing to double check items saved in the project you just updated, some data doesn't get saved on the first try. Not being made aware of when enhancements are made and what new features now exist. Reporting on specific users projects - needs ability to set priority is assigned roles and see those rankings constantly.

Tanya

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Great CRM with Amazing Service!

The overall experience with Apptivo has been GREAT. Our onboarding process was seamless and smooth. The Apptivo Team is responsive and they are very professional. There is always a quick turn-around on most issues and their staff is polite and knowledgeable. Tech Support is GREAT and they respond to you within a quick timespan. Our company is fairly new to this platform and we are still making changes that will continue to enhance our experience.

Pros

This software is rich in features. It has apps that will cater to every department within a company and if the standard ones do not suit your need one can easily be customized. Navigation and customization within apps are easy and the platform is very user friendly. Our previous system was a bit complicated for our users but this platform simplified a lot of processes and tasks that enhanced productivity. It's easy to look up information and export to Excel, create tables, link fields, and the list goes on. This is really a great CRM system if you are looking for something that is cost effective and that will give users a good experience.

Cons

The reporting feature in this platform is lacking. Also, if tables are customized then it's hard to search and filter on the fields. Integration with Calendar has been problematic. The News Feed feature does not capture all changes or even detailed changes so it is hard to find historical data.

Donny

Reviewed on 15/09/2020

Exactly what we needed.

This is an amazing tool for the price. Being a 10 year Salesforce user, making the jump to Apptivo for the small business I know work in was easy. I'm so impressed not only on the features set but also on their support. This has everything you need to run your business. And it's so nice that the platform can scale as your adoption and business grows.

Pros

- Very affordable
- So many features and applications for running the entire company
- Very straightforward interface and easy to learn basics right away
- One of the best FAQs and tutorials I have ever seen for a SAAS solution
- Customer service is very responsive and helpful. A+++
- A impressive level of integration into other platforms and customization

Cons

- Limited on ability to delete data or modules once they're created (Have to message tech support to delete)
- Custom app builder takes awhile to learn and understand
- Are not able to clone apps for different divisons to use seperate from eachother (for instance want to use project management app for our sales team and then seperate instance for our production team. Both can use the same tool but in different ways for tracking)