Apptivo Reviews

About Apptivo

Apptivo is a cloud-based suite of applications designed to help small businesses manage a range of functions including financials, human resources and supply chain management. Apptivo’s customer relationship management (CRM)...

4.7
4.2
4.7

Browse Apptivo Reviews

Don
Don
  • Industry: Machinery

Reviewed on 18/06/2021

Apptivo is THE Best CRM Software System Available!!

Outstanding! This is the fourth CRM implementation that I have administered in my career and it was by far the simplest and smoothest process with the greatest customization and functionality! After going through the selection process and reviewing all of the "top CRM Solutions" in great depth, I chose Apptivo and I am super glad that I did! Apptivo keeps the system simple to use, which is a must for sales reps, and provides the customization required. The other "top CRM Solutions" have forgotten what salespeople are REALLy looking for in their CRM tool and as a result, made their system more cumbersome for the user. Not Apptivo, they are deploying their system in the right way and there is no extra charge for excellent customer service! The Apptivo team closely manages my account and QUICKLY addresses any items that I want to change. This has been an excellent rollout!

Pros

Ease of use and customization is awesome! They have kept the system simple while implementing a number of dynamic and intuitive functions. The customer service is EXCELLENT! Most CRM companies just want to sell a boxed product and forget about the user. Apptivo takes the time to identify what the user truly is trying to accomplish and then customizing the software to precisely meet the users' requirements.

Cons

NONE! There are no cons with Apptivo! The system is EXCELLENT!

Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, SugarCRM and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

ACT! is a waste of money! DO NOT BUY ACT!

Act!

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Better customization, easier to use, licensing was the least expensive, cloud-based, 24/7 customer service support at no extra charge.
Maira
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 16/11/2022

Flexible Software Platform

Cloud-based product is easy to use from anywhere, including mobile device. We required significant system customizations and most were successfully implemented. While we have trouble resolving issues using Apptivo's general Tech Support chat function (probably due to our breadth of customizations), our PM and Apptivo's technical team always provide good support when we have issues to address!

Pros

Its ability to accommodate the range of sales and technical information we track in a CRM. The Apptivo team was willing to affordably undertake necessary customizations to tailor the product to our business model.

Cons

Certain basic tools (i.e. drag and drop column-builder) are not features of this system. List upload function is complex. Mobile functionality is somewhat limited. Outlook integration is less user-friendly / flexible than ideal. Reporting functionality is limited without customized reports.

Salesforce Platform

Obsolescence

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Price relative to the feature set we required at the given time.
Brendon

Reviewed on 14/07/2023

Apptivo Review

Pros

It's a versatile product once you get over the hurdle of understanding the basics.

Cons

More connectivity with other applications is needed. A lot of extra development work is needed for many of the most used applications to be connected.

Top Apptivo Alternatives

Mike

Reviewed on 16/05/2018

Good but so much opportunity to be so much better

Pros

I can adapt it to my needs.

I feel that when I make a suggestion for improvement it will genuinely be listened to.

Cons

There are a lot of bugs - this is why I have marked the overall quality down. We are always creating something and then it crashes, or it wont save and we have to start again. Or emails never arrive which causes big problems. Whenever there are updates, something unintentional seems to get affected. Perhaps more testing before going live. It feels a bit unprofessional sometimes.

We can't test our own changes, so when I am updating things and people are using it, it can be disruptive. I really need to make changes and test before going live.

The support is not always perfect. Some times its great, but sometimes I am not understood. The right intentions are always there though.

Response from Apptivo

Hi Mike,

The only way to achieve this would be to have another account that you can use as a test account. It wont have all your production data, but you can certainly use that to test out config changes.

For enterprise accounts (larger than 250 users) we do provide multiple dedicated environments as its pretty normal to have dev, QA and production accounts in that setting.

We are constantly working to improve the quality, while keeping the pace on new features. I totally understand when some of these new releases cause disruption to existing processes, but we are working to make these changes as seamless as possible.

Thank you for your feedback though. We'll continue to refine our execution.

Replied 11/10/2018

Reviewed on 02/04/2021

Before you purchase a CRM solution, You really have to check this out!!!

So far, everything's been great. It's been very easy to setup as I want. When I've had questions, there's the chat box for support and they've been VERY helpful every time I've asked.

Pros

Apptivo is the first collaborative, simple, and cost-effective way to manage customers, pipeline, & calendar that I've found. Most others that offer similar functionality will cost you an arm and a leg. Or they'll be reasonable at first, then they'll get you for each of the "add-ons" that you need to make a whole solution for your organization.

Cons

Some of the apps are not quite as intuitive as some others, but that's to be expected considering their business purpose.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Very intuitive overall. It's great how all the apps integrate and work with the others. It's very nice to have so much functionality in one place.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

Everything I need in one app at one monthly price. Not nickel & dime like the others for the same functionality.
Paula
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Reviewed on 18/05/2021

Solo User Migrating from Act! Not a sophisticated CRM user

I would rate the support team excellent. They are helpful. I need to spend more time working with Apptivo to evaluate the software properly

Pros

I am an independent rep working with many brands and had 15 years of contacts in Act database that I needed to extract with all my fields and notes intact. I am not super tech savvy! I made the switch to Apptivo because they have a data migration service for a reasonable fee. The team leader was wonderful and helped held my hand throughout the process. They created the apps that I needed to integrate my data.
I have only been using the system for a few months and still learning so i will circle back once I am proficient.

Cons

I use Contacts-Customers & Leads - calendar & marketing. I have the same custom fields in all three apps. I am not thrilled with the fact that if you change a custom field in one app- it doesn't integrate with the others so I have to go into each app each time an update is needed which is time consuming. I wish there was a feature that addressed this. You can only integrate one mail platform so I cannot pull my mail from my various accounts into the Apptivo Suite.

• Industry: Import & Export
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 24/03/2020

Great CRM solution for small business

I think it's really easy to setup and use for less technical people, great for freelancers, small businesses and mom and pop shops who don't need or want data driven CRM systems. If you have a single person who can juggle multiple aspects of customer service it's cost effective or a small team it's worth it.

Pros

When my client asked me to look into a customer management solution to start to transition away from paper and Excel sheet based documents, I looked into several options including Salesforce. The price was good and comparable to Salesforce but I think many small businesses, your mom and pop shops don't really want or need more in depth data analytics. I think that's where Apptivo is better and easier to use for small business who aren't as data driven.

Cons

What I didn't really like is that for roughly the same annual price per single licence compared to Salesforce was in Apptivo limits the account to a single user. If you have more than one person who handles customer service, marketing, invoicing etc, the cost is a lot more.

Reviewed on 20/08/2020

CRM Solution

All CRM's require Users to learn their navigation, terminology and how functions are executed. Unlike other CRM's I have tested, the Support Team at Apptivo has been both diligent and effective in resolving a few technical glitches with my onboarding process. Apptivo provides me with a reliable CRM platform and functions on which I can run my business. 24x7 access to an effective and professional Support Team is a valuable resource that ensures I spend more time with my clients than suffering from IT issues.

Pros

Apptivo provides a portfolio of critical functions for companies to manage different aspects of their business. Unlike some others, the Apptivo functions/Apps are well integrated. This provides a strong foundation for reliable and accurate information to manage your business.

Cons

Apptivo doesn't yet integrate with Zoom.

Oran
  • Industry: Military

Reviewed on 06/07/2023

Good

Pros

valuable services to include many things that I need to run my business

Cons

Some good reps that speak good English, some reps need to better understand English

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

I was going to leave, because I need Zoom support, but I got the support I needed so I stayed
Walter

Reviewed on 11/07/2023

Very impressed with Apptivo CRM.

Pros

I used quite a bit of CRM. But, with Apptivo based on your needs, you can customize it to tailor your company functionalities.

Cons

So, far the only thing I would do is when you are in the "Leads" or "Contacts" list if there was a next button to move on the next lead or contact. But, other than that it is great!

Reviewed on 07/07/2023

Apptivo for Sales

Generally okay. but still getting to know how to use it.

Pros

It is an easy to use product and has the flexibility to customise

Cons

I have found that the import function is not intuitive

Reviewed on 09/09/2020

import leads

very good customer support

Pros

Assistance in correcting my import error most helpful

Cons

email interface may be an issue for using program

Ted

Reviewed on 06/07/2020

New user that is loving the customization and support

The support team lead by Velu has given me a lot of confidence as a new user. Having access to experts that respond to my inquiries quickly and thoroughly has been very helpful and is the reason I've already been recommending Apptivo to my fellow entrepreneurs.

Pros

The support at Apptivo in AMAZING! I worked with a team to import 15K+ contacts and 72K+ emails and notes from another CRM. They have been extremely helpful, responsive, and on top of all the technical challenges I've had along the way with getting started.

I evaluated numerous other CRMs before deciding on Apptivo. I like the ability to customize this CRM to your needs, the price point is fair, and their support team has been extremely helpful with the importing process.

Cons

The import process was time-consuming based on the amount of data I had to bring over and the fact that my old CRM didn't provide an SQL file to make it simple. This is no fault of Apptivo.

Features I would like to see:
1. Add email sequences to the Premium plan
2. Fixes are needed for the email sequence, Gmail sidebar, and Triggers (I have put in support requests for these items
3. Add the ability to create simple invoices without having so many required fields. All the required fields in that app make the functionality not work for my business, so I create invoices on another platform

Insightly, Streak and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

Karma lacked the functionality I needed that Apptivo has.

karmaCRM

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

The reviews, the price, and the responsiveness of Minh when I wanted to schedule a demo and had questions about the software (great job Minh!)
Gabriel
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 29/03/2021

Google Contact Replacement

We had to keep customizing every time we added a new contact with our old system, here once we customized our fields they are set and there every time. We felt as if we had our own software program made just for us, we walked them through on what we needed and they gave us what we needed and more. They have saved us so much time going forward.

Pros

We worked with Google Contacts but we ran out of contact space with them, we had to look for a system/software that we could customize contact fields to fit our needs. I searched different programs for several weeks narrowing it down to a handful and after trying out all of them we found that Apptivo was the most user friendly, and the one with all the options for us to customize ALL our contact fields. This is what set it apart from the others and the you can't beat the price!

Cons

We are still new to the software, but we have integrated and there is nothing that we don't like about the software. The more we learn about it the more we love it.

Rebecca
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 16/01/2020

Apptivo all the way!

We really needed something that would bring together all client information and communications to give our Sales, Support, and Accounting teams a clear picture of everything going on with our clients. And, we're even saving money with this single app instead of paying for several that either had to be "stitched" together with additional apps or APIs, or time-consuming copy/paste work.

Pros

Apptivo is taking the place of our CRM, project management, sales tracking, and support ticket applications - all in one online package!

Cons

Its not exactly a con. Apptivo is capable of so much, that it can seem a little overwhelming, but it also means that we can truly make it our own instead of us having to conform to apps created for other businesses or created too broadly, that they didn't fit our needs. It is taking some time to set things up the way we need, but Apptivo has great support, and even offers assistance in creating workflows.

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We needed apps that worked together to be more efficient, and to save money on application costs.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

We can save money with one company since you can pick and choose which Apptivo apps (at mostly no additional cost) you want to use, and everything is connected throughout the life cycle of the client.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 07/05/2021

Feature Rich

Custom Training has been a journey taking us through implementation to make it most successful.

Pros

so versatile and easy to customize... we can change/update everything by ourselves.

Cons

I have not yet found something I do not like!

ASP.NET Zero

Reasons for Choosing Apptivo

We needed a CRM thad does not require a server and is remote friendly.

Reasons for Switching to Apptivo

more versatile and more apps that cover the full business.
Dawn

Reviewed on 13/08/2020

Wow, what a find!

An absolute pleasure to use the software and the support is fast and efficient ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], thank you). I've juggled and used a few different platforms previously to attain the same result. This one really does seem to be genuinely 'all in one', with little in the way of compromise. T

Pros

What I like most is the way you can build up your own business management system to suit your business which goes well beyond a CRM. Pricing is straightforward and extremely good value. The software has mind-boggling scope with its array of apps that are easy to 'buy' (no hidden extras, all part of the price). It's actually fun to use and is very customisable for an off the shelf package. I like the way you can clear off the stuff you simply don't need - for a custom, uncluttered look.

Cons

I'm still relatively new to it but at the moment - absolutely nothing.

Kevin
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 11/08/2020

Great Value and exceptional support

Moving from an Excel-based CRM which was not regularly updated, or even used by most of the team, we had plenty of room to improve. There are lots of products out there and we investigated quite a few. Some were cost-prohibitive and others just didn't feel comfortable, but with Apptivo, there was so much information, so much support, and all at a very reasonable price. I recommend them to everyone I discuss our CRM with.

Pros

In discussing our needs, I felt straight away that this was a company we could work with. The team went out of their way to ensure that we had everything that we wanted, even if we weren't always sure and changed our minds. they worked with us to ensure a great outcome, and as we now expand the suite of options we are using within the Apptivo framework, they're giving us the same level of service. Very highly recommended, give them a go and you'll not regret it.

Cons

I can't really think of anything. I can get in touch with someone by a multiplicity of methods and so far, they've always been able to resolve my issues, or at least explain why what I wanted is not practical or possible.

Zoho CRM, Dynamics 365 and Salesforce Sales Cloud
Kristin
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 28/01/2022

Always surprising me with it's capabilities!

The [SENSITIVE CONTENT] of the rescue is not tech savvy and is constantly on the road picking up feral cats, taking cats to the vet, managing the foster network, running the operations of the rescue and setting up appointments for adoption interviews. She needs as much information at her finger tips (smart phone, ipad or laptop computer) as she can get. The goal is to use Apptivo to reduce her workload, help her be more organized and reduce her driving around just to pick up files from various people just to have the data she needs on any given day. We are using Apptivo to enter all the data we can so she can update data and status's on the road in her free time. Also so she doesn't have to send as many texts and emails to get answers because all the answers she needs will already be data entered into Apptivo.

Pros

The ability to CUSTOMIZE! Customized fields for contacts, companies and I can make my own custom apps! Also customer service and the engineering teams are top notch! 24/7 support. 90% of the time they can help me. The 10% of the time they can't and refer me to engineering for unique situations the engineering team is great at reaching out to me quickly to resolve the problem.

Not a perfect app, but they are receptive to suggestions and ideas. They work to implement user suggestions. I've seen them implement my ideas from using them with my company.

Cons

No way to track ages by birthdate. Yes, you can use a date field to track birth dates, but I need a field that shows me a client's CURRENT AGE based on their birthdate field. With hundreds of children clients in my database it's super important to know who has a birthday coming up and how old they are exactly on any given day. It would be even better if the birthday field was set up so you could set alerts/reminders that birthdays are coming up that month, that week and today. Remembering a kid's birthday means the world to them!

We also are trying to find homes for cats. They too age every day. Knowing their current age is super helpful when trying to find them homes. With hundreds of cats that are in our system that we are trying to place we need a quick view of all the cats and correct CURRENT age based on their birth date.

Josh

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Highly Recommend!

So far I've been extremely pleased with everything!

Pros

I enjoy that this CRM is modular so you can or subtract components that don't directly relate to your business (ie. Shipping, Locations, Invoicing, Properties, Contracts, etc). I also like that once you understand how Apptivo works in one app, you'll understand how the rest of them operate. Customer support was extremely helpful in growing my knowledge!

Cons

It took some time to learn how to customize it to my liking, along with plenty of help from customer service. So the learning curve was a little steep but nothing unusual compared to similar CRMs. Also, I have not maxed out my cloud storage or even come close but I anticipate that I will need more cloud storage.

Pipedrive, Salesforce Sales Cloud and monday.com

Salesforce Sales Cloud
Craig
  • Industry: Market Research

Reviewed on 14/05/2018

All-in-one ERP - broad coverage at a reasonable price

All-in-one business software, good support and value for the money.

Pros

An extremely broad range of applications. Apptivo beats most competitors in this respect; it really is an 'all-in-one' ERP in fact - not just a CRM. At the same time Apptivo is excellent value for the money. The 'in-app' live chat support is especially helpful, as you can deal with issues as they occur. The pricing is per user, broadening the base of potential organizations who will find Apptivo appealing from the outset, and scaling as the organization grows larger.

Cons

Being a 'jack of all trades', Apptivo cannot be expected to excel in every area. Some features - such as the two Wordpress plugins - seem neglected and are seldom updated or promoted. Given the popularity of WP it seems to be a missed opportunity to expand into the help desk market. Another example would be the customer portal, it seems a bit awkward. The customer must sign-up through Xinnect and then Apptivo as well to access their portal, even though Apptivo might not be relevant to them. It is also difficult to control exactly what clients will see, and they are shown a lot of irrelevant fields, even though there is a rudimentary role assignment mechanism. Combining this with cases (tickets) and answers (knowledge-base) should in theory provide an alternative to a help desk, but it is a long way round.

Response from Apptivo

Thank you very much for your kind words! We are working tirelessly to create the best experience for our users, and it's great to see that reflected in your review. I am sorry to hear about the problems you faced and we are looking into that now. We exist because of great customers like yourself! Please feel free to reach out to us ([email protected]) with any thoughts/criticisms/feedback, we would love to hear from you.
Regards,
Team Apptivo

Replied 12/12/2018
Tanya

Reviewed on 26/08/2021

Great CRM with Amazing Service!

The overall experience with Apptivo has been GREAT. Our onboarding process was seamless and smooth. The Apptivo Team is responsive and they are very professional. There is always a quick turn-around on most issues and their staff is polite and knowledgeable. Tech Support is GREAT and they respond to you within a quick timespan. Our company is fairly new to this platform and we are still making changes that will continue to enhance our experience.

Pros

This software is rich in features. It has apps that will cater to every department within a company and if the standard ones do not suit your need one can easily be customized. Navigation and customization within apps are easy and the platform is very user friendly. Our previous system was a bit complicated for our users but this platform simplified a lot of processes and tasks that enhanced productivity. It's easy to look up information and export to Excel, create tables, link fields, and the list goes on. This is really a great CRM system if you are looking for something that is cost effective and that will give users a good experience.

Cons

The reporting feature in this platform is lacking. Also, if tables are customized then it's hard to search and filter on the fields. Integration with Calendar has been problematic. The News Feed feature does not capture all changes or even detailed changes so it is hard to find historical data.

Adam

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

Pros

Apptivo has greatly improved our efficiency with the company and has helped streamline our production and customer contacts at an affordable price. The customer support for the software is fantastic.

Cons

It does feel a little basic for the layout and (feels like 2000 era software database.

Buildertrend

Cost

Cost, Buildertrend was too expensive
Anil
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 24/09/2018

It literally saved my hours and hours of precious time!

Pros

It helps to manage customer relationship, campaigns, billing, and invoices. This is helpful to manage payment and tax department very smoothly which is important for any business. It further helps to organize the calendar for all business activities and keep a record of all the important contact details. Document management is another key feature. All the important documents related to the business can be kept safely in a virtual location. It caters to widespread businesses like the travel industry, retail, and wholesale industry etc.. All important activities of a business can be interlinked with the help of this application. We can enhance our productivity with this effective management application.

Cons

When we started, our time zones were just IST and when employees from another part of the world started to sign up to the CRM, we faced a lot of problems to set autoresponders at the correct time. The time and date format don't change according to the location.

Herman
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/09/2023

Apptivo, the best solution for any business

Step-by-step we are implementing Apptivo in our business processes where possible and sofar I haven't seen a thing that is not possible.

Pros

The fact that I can add and delete fields and have full control over the attributes of any field. Conversions to the next step is amazing, however, this options needs a few more possibilities.The fact that it integrates with Xero is very good and your staff today gave me possible solutions to sync with more than 1 Xero, which is great.

Cons

It is an online solution and we are dependent on the internet and overseas cables. This makes is sometimes a slow solution. The receiving email functionality is not great and we will continue using Outlook. The sending email functionality is great.