About ActiveDEMAND

ActiveDEMAND is a cloud-based marketing automation solution that caters to marketing agencies and helps them to create and manage their marketing campaigns. The solution includes marketing automation functionalities for small...

Browse ActiveDEMAND Reviews

72 of 46,656 reviews
Jason E.

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Exactly as much as we need

ActiveDemand allows us to seamlessly manage our social media and email campaigns.

Pros

The features are complete and easy to understand. There are good integrations and sufficient APIs to allow for custom integrations if we wished. Great support.

Cons

The UI is not super intuitive. There are a few features that are undocumented and were only uncovered upon asking support.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jason,
Thanks for taking a moment to comment on ActiveDEMAND. Your feedback helps us improve our software. And we have been working on our UI and increasing our documentation for our features - and will continue to do so. Thanks again!

Sheila R.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

Great Product, great value!

My overall experience has been very positive. The support system that they have in place has been instrumental in making this a success for us. I anticipate using the software multiple email campaigns in the very near future.

Pros

The capabilities of this software are amazing. It will grow as the company grows. The support through the website and personal phone calls is extremely helpful and saves time. The training videos are easy to follow and understand. The analytics are impressive and easy to understand.

Cons

At first the software seems very complicated to get set up. Use the resources available and once set up the software can be used for multiple campaigns.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Sheila, Thanks for providing us with feedback on our software and for the positive review! We use your comments to continually update and improve our software to offer the best value and user experience we can.

Chris H.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 14/10/2019

Solid Software

Pros

Customer Service and lead notifications. I like having the ability to see who's been on our website and what they were looking at.

Cons

Email Campaigns - Email formatting can be cumbersome.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Chris,

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate all feedback to help us improve ActiveDEMAND's user experience.

Replied 15/10/2019

Top ActiveDEMAND Alternatives

Sue S.

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Using for almost a year - still learning

Saves me time with the ability to save portions of the email for future use. Excellent list management.

Pros

Easy to use once you learn it. Good archiving system for saving items for future use. Superior support system. Chat support so helpful. Great that there's no contract period. Excellent value for the money.

Cons

Not easy to learn - needs better training materials - user manuals or resources. I don't seem to get what I need from the video tutorials. Needs better search capacity in resource area. Might be nice to start with a buddy-system for the first few emails. I like access to Sean but after awhile I feel I've asked too much. Maybe someone further down in the org would be able to answer my basic questions. Did that once and it worked great.

Response from JumpDEMAND

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your review of ActiveDEMAND. Your insight and comments are appreciated and feedback is always welcome. Thanks again!

Replied 13/06/2017
Angela E.

Reviewed on 30/01/2019

Great Software

Pros

Easy to do several tasks online within one program.

Cons

It's a little slow sometimes, but not bad.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Angela,
Thank you for taking the time to offer feedback on ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate the comments and use them to be constantly improving our software. We are happy you are having a good experience with ActiveDEMAND.
Thanks again!,
The Team at ActiveDEMAND

Replied 31/01/2019

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Powerful prospecting solution

We evaluated this against Hubspot, Salesforce Pardot and Autocampaign. The combination of ActiveDEMAND and Pipedrive was the only solution that gave us a reasonable entry point that allows our relatively small organisation grow into a solution, as opposed to blowing the entire marketing budget on a framework.

Technically, it looks to be on-par with Salesforce, although somewhat limited compared to HubSpot. The support is great, although a small challenge is that they are based in Canada and we in Europe. So there is no overlap in the working hours. They seem flexible enough for early-morning calls.

Overall, ActiveDEMAND was the product that allowed us to choose Pipedrive CRM over Salesforce and HubSpot.

Pros

Tight integration with Pipedrive
Good configuratior for email-journeys.
Very reasonable entry-point to start with marketing automation and prospect tracking.

Cons

Comprehensive, to the extent that it can be somewhat difficult to navigate. But I have not used the SW enough yet to make this

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi!
Thanks for taking a moment to review the ActiveDEMAND platform. We appreciate all feedback to help us to continue to improve the software and our users' experience with it.
The Crew at ActiveDEMAND

Replied 15/11/2018
Sabrina B.

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Touch of PM and CRM

Pros

You are able to follow up on potential sales and clients in one easy place.

Cons

I wish that it could integrate with contacts

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Sabrina,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve and take your comments into consideration for future updates.
The ActiveDEMAND Crew

Replied 01/11/2018
Alex W.

Reviewed on 03/03/2020

Inexpensive call tracking platform

I use this for multiple clients to get inexpensive trackable phone numbers and it does the job

Pros

I chose activedemand because it was the least expensive phone call tracking tool that worked with Google analytics.

Cons

The interface for reviewing the calls could be a little more user friendly, and I wish it integrated better with my digital marketing platform, agency analytics.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Alex,
Thanks for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND's call tracking tool. We are happy you are finding value and we appreciate your feedback about the interface. We are constantly working to improve ActiveDEMAND and will continue to work to make our UI user friendly. Thanks again for the comments!

Replied 11/03/2020
Dan G.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Decent product

Pros

The customization is great. The forum builder is decent for those looking for a wordpress plugin.

Cons

Email service goes down at times and has caused issues with send and forget emails never getting delivered. Price is high.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Dan,

Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback about our product and will take your suggestions to help improve our software.

The ActiveDEMAND team

Replied 14/11/2018
Kon F.
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Disapointing

Had a discussion where a lot was promised. In the actual delivery there was actually no real content or working items

Pros

The promise of the items described online and in discussion

Cons

The delivery of items promised and shown

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Kon, Thank you for your honest feedback. We understand that there is a mis-alignment between what your goals are and what our company can provide. We provide tools to marketers; we unfortunately do not provide marketers to use the tools for our clients. We are happy to introduce you to one of many marketing agencies that help companies like yours succeed with technology like ours.

Replied 13/11/2018
Eric B.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Continually improving

Pros

They have continuously improved the software over time as the marketing best practices have changed.

Cons

Would like to see pricing on the website.

Response from JumpDEMAND

Hi Eric,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We are always seeking way to improve our users experience so your feedback is definitely helpful.

Our pricing page can be found here: https://www.activedemand.com/pricing/
and our helpful support staff is always ready to answer any questions you may have!

Thank you again from the crew at ActiveDEMAND.

Replied 31/10/2018
Mario Z.
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Reviewed on 23/09/2017

Christina S.

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Active Demand from an Agency Perspective

Overall I have been very pleased with the platform. The chat function is very helpful and I almost always get an immediate response and help resolving the issues that I have. With any playform there are "gotchas" that come to light after you get in to it more intently, and I have encountered those with Active Demand, like the incredibly slow load times when cloning elements, and certain clunky parts of the interface, but my overall experience with both the software and the customer service has been positive.

Pros

The capabilities that I appreciate most on Active Demand are the list filterting email developer/editor. I appreciate the amount of criteria that you can filter your lists by, giving the ability to add or remove contacts to your lists seamlessly and easily.
The email developer is easy to use, aside from a few small glitches.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the platform is the amount of time reporting takes to propegate. I can't see real-time performance from email campaigns, at best I can see data after 24 hours or so, but if you like mo monitor your campaigns more closely, this will fall short.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Christina,
Thank you for taking a moment to give us a review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our software. We are sorry to hear you are having some issues - specifically with real-time reporting. We do have real-time dashboard widgets for email campaigns and we encourage chatting with our support team to answer questions about how to set it up - they are super friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your comments!

Replied 26/08/2020
Jeff H.

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Might be great software, but...

Pros

It provides us with email marketing analytics and helps us understand contact rating in our engagement model.

Cons

I'm not an Admin of this system. I'm just a user. We have it hooked up to our CRM, which is where I spend most of my time. My opinion is that this might be great software for someone who is an admin trying to track analytics for a big company, but we are small and when we hooked this thing up to our CRM, there were a number of things that were either over-looked by the ActiveDemand Implementation Consulting team or my company cheaped out and didn't want to spend the necessary money that was required to make this thing work right... so, in the end, it's screwed up a bunch of my CRM data and I've been spending a bunch of time stumbling across bad data and duplicates then need to be removed, merged, including contacts who get re-mapped to other account owners or even the wrong account! Additionally, there are a ton of meaningless data entries now gumming up the running history in my CRM so that it's near impossible for me to find my last meeting notes... It's been a mess, so we had to delete a bunch of those system automated data entry notes in the CRM history, as well, and then turned off ALL live connection to CRM and do a simple "Post to CRM" from ActiveDemand and I'm a happy camper, again.

Also, the Chrome extension runs too much interference on my processor when I am doing other research or hitting other web sites. Caching like crazy until I turned off the extension.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jeff,
Thank you for the honest feedback. One of the main reasons people choose ActiveDEMAND is our deep integration with CRMs. There is a lot of information that can pass between ActiveDEMAND and the CRM and back again, thus it does require planning to ensure the integration is meeting the business requirements. Turning everything on and pushing everything ActiveDEMAND has into the CRM is technically possible, but not recommended. Sales people need information, not data. Most people are not used to having the capability of driving so much information into the CRM (like we provide) ... someone thought it would be useful to get EVERYTHING into the CRM (like ice cream, a little is great, a lot must be AWESOME!) which caused your early issues. We do not charge for CRM integration services, our consultants are always available to review an integration. Please take advantage of our exceptional support staff, we are here to help.
The ActiveDEMAND team.

Replied 01/02/2019
Jon O.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Powerful functionality, once you get around the user experience

We were trying to implement marketing automation, and to capture leads from our website and put them into Salesforce. We have been successful with both of those, and I have been particularly impressed with the quality and flexibility of ActiveDEMAND's support team.

Pros

You can do an awful lot with ActiveDEMAND. Automation workflows, form submissions, CRM integration, email creation and sending, lead scoring - it's all there. I would say that it outperforms Pardot and possibly even HubSpot, while being less money.

Cons

The user experience is horrendous. Once you know where things are, what icons mean, and get inside the head of the people who built it, you can get around with relative ease. But until that point, you are pretty much reliant on the support people for help. The good news is that the support team are EXTREMELY helpful and don't mind you talking to them on the chat three, four times a day!

HubSpot CRM and Pardot

Reasons for Switching to ActiveDEMAND

The functionality offered was just as good, if not better, and the price point was lower.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jon, Thanks for your feedback on the ActiveDEMAND software. You have provided some very positive comments and also some items that we can improve upon so thank you for that. We continue to work on the software to make the user experience better and provide stellar support as we continue to update and grow. Thanks again for the comments!

Claudia P.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Reviewed on 04/10/2019

Awesome product!

I work in venture capital and use ActiveDemand for fund-raising purposes. I found it easy to use, customer service is excellent, and has all of the features that are important to me. Pricing is reasonable considering other companies that offer the same features charge twice as much. I am happy with ActiveDemand and I recommend it.

Pros

The Customer Support and his support team have provided to me is exceptional. When I was a new subscriber, He called me every week. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the product. Months later and he still calls me although not as often which is great but I know I can count on him when I need him. Also, I was looking for manual and automatic scoring. This was not a feature I could find in most of the vendors I talked to. Also, it is so easy to use that I got very little training.

Cons

When editing the email, the "Text" removes the spaces between the paragraphs. Most importantly, I would like to have the option to sort the contact lists. Lastly, it is not easy for me to determine if someone has unsubscribed or if the email I sent was blocked by the recipient's firewall. This is very important to me so I would really appreciate if I could somehow separate the unsubscribers from the ones who didn't unsubscribe but that are showing a red circle next to their email address.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveDEMAND

Poor customer service and pricey.

Pardot

Reasons for Switching to ActiveDEMAND

Customer service, price and features.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Claudia,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate all feedback and we are happy to hear ActiveDEMAND is providing value to you. We work constantly to improve what ActiveDEMAND offers and your suggestions to improve the UI are appreciated. Thank you for your positive feedback for our support team. We have to agree - they are pretty great.

Replied 09/10/2019
Andy Z.

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Outstanding features

It's a one-stop shop for all your marketing automation needs. I have not found any other platform that has all of the features that ActiveDemand does at the price they offer. It's a great option for marketers who want the full-range of marketing automation activities that are possible.

Pros

ActiveDemand incorporates all features you want in marketing automation: landing pages, forms, email, anonymous visitor tracking, integration with CRM, and custom workflows (in addition to all of the baseline marketing automation: lead scoring, contact tracking, etc.). It's very easy to implement on any website via JS or Wordpress plugin-- so you can work independently of the website if you don't have access to the backend (great option for marketing agencies). VERY competitive on pricing as well.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve when starting out. But once you get a feel for where things are and how they operate in the platform, you'll have everything you want at your fingertips. Putting a little bit of time in learning the platform greatly pays off in the long run (and they have great support!).

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Andy,
Thanks for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all comments and feedback and we are happy you are getting value from the platform. We are always working to make the on-boarding experience easier and have added an in-platform assistant to walk you through tasks. And thanks for the shout out to our support team. We agree...they are fantastic.

Rachel Q.

Reviewed on 09/10/2019

Beefy System, But Not Intuitive

We were excited to have one place to house our lists, email/phone/text campaigns, leads, schedulers, automations, etc. Unfortunately, it's been much more challenging to make AD work for us, and you almost feel like you need a programmer around to help get everything set up.

Pros

There is a ton of functionality in Active Demand.

Cons

It's so difficult to navigate. The user experience is very frustrating because we understand it can do a lot of powerful things, but figuring out how to make it work is difficult. It's also pretty limited from a design standpoint when it comes to email templates, schedulers, landing pages, etc.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Rachel, We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback for our software. And your suggestions will help us continue to improve the UI and make using ActiveDEMAND easier. We also recommend accessing our support team for help and/or using our implementation services where we can set up what you need. Thanks again!

Replied 10/10/2019
Brittany W.
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Highly integrated software for pipe drive CRM

Pros

What's great about this software is that it's linked directly to my current CRM system. It tracks emails and drip campaigns, it will track calls with a click the call feature and transcribe the conversation for documentation process. It identifies who is being prospected online as well as identifying prospects on the webpage how long and what pages of interest. This is a great sales tool for any organization looking to see what activity is really working for your company.

Cons

It's a lil tricky if your not technologically savvy and can be a bit pricy for a smaller organization.

Response from JumpDEMAND

Thanks for the feedback Brittany!

We are constantly improving the user experience of our software and your feedback is extremely helpful in that endeavor.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!

Replied 31/10/2018
Amanda B.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Reviewed on 20/10/2017

Excellent product

Pros

We used ActiveDEMAND for about a year and it helped us organize our email especially. We were using all sorts of different things before.

Matt Q.

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

A lot of functionality under 1 roof

Pros

How many different things it did to reduce the amount of software needed.

Cons

The learning curve is steep and it is often very hard to figure out how to do some things that seem like they should be fairly simple. Even the staff has a hard time agreeing if or how some things can be done.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Matt, Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback for our software. We understand there is a bit of a learning curve as it is a very robust platform. Because it is so in-depth our support team is constantly learning with the goal of serving our users better. We will continue to work on our processes and improve. Thanks again for the feedback!

Louis-paul B.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Great source of insight

Value for the price is great, I recommend this platform for call tracking!

Pros

I primarely use ActiveDemand for call tracking. This is really useful to identify from witch paid campaign the calls are emerging from and to know where to put the marketing money.

Cons

It's a bit tricky to get around at first and to connect with Google Ads, you need to know how to code it.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Thanks for taking a moment to review Louis-Paul. Your feedback helps us improve our platform so your comments are appreciated. We are happy you are getting value from ActiveDEMAND call tracking. And as always, if you need help with any of our other features, our friendly support team is ready to help.

Andy D.

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Robust...but not what we needed.

Pros

There is a lot to this software. It had a calendar scheduling feature that we liked.

Cons

I do not think that the software is user friendly. I really struggled using many of it's features.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Andy,
Thank you for the review. We appreciate all feedback to help us improve our software. We understand that our software can have a steep learning curve because there are so many features. We encourage users to take advantage of all of our training tools - support portal, how-to videos, in-product step-by-step demos. And of course, reach out to our in-house support team. They are fantastic and always ready to help.

Replied 09/10/2019
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

ActiveDemand - Great tool once you learn it

Pros

Once it is set-up, it syncs and integrates nicely with your website and social media, making it easier to manage/control how and when you are communicating with your audience.

Cons

Steep learning curve. If you are not it the tool all the time, it is difficult to pick-up and remeber where to go to do everything.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hello!
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform.
Thanks again for your comments.
The ActiveDEMAND Crew

Replied 01/11/2018
Gary C.

Reviewed on 30/03/2015

Great software for contact list management, marketing and email tracking

We've been using ActiveDemand for over a year and have been very pleased with the results. It was easy to import our existing contacts into the database and build email campaigns targeted to our specific needs. The staff excels at customer service, guiding us through any questions we have and responding to our needs within a very short time period.