ActiveDEMAND Reviews

About ActiveDEMAND

ActiveDEMAND is a cloud-based marketing automation solution that caters to marketing agencies and helps them to create and manage their marketing campaigns. The solution includes marketing automation functionalities for small...

3.7

Browse ActiveDEMAND Reviews

• Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 30/10/2018

Good product but lacking good UX

Active Demand provides great value to our clients, however the interface is not intuitive and hard to use and set up.

Pros

The reports that you are able to generate to automatically send

Cons

The interface is not intuitive and UX is not great. It takes a long time to figure out how to do anything

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hello,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve. We just added the Personal Trainer to help ease the learning curve. On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform.
Thanks again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation platform.

Replied 01/11/2018
Claudia
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Awesome product!

I work in venture capital and use ActiveDemand for fund-raising purposes. I found it easy to use, customer service is excellent, and has all of the features that are important to me. Pricing is reasonable considering other companies that offer the same features charge twice as much. I am happy with ActiveDemand and I recommend it.

Pros

The Customer Support and his support team have provided to me is exceptional. When I was a new subscriber, He called me every week. He wanted to make sure I was happy with the product. Months later and he still calls me although not as often which is great but I know I can count on him when I need him. Also, I was looking for manual and automatic scoring. This was not a feature I could find in most of the vendors I talked to. Also, it is so easy to use that I got very little training.

Cons

When editing the email, the "Text" removes the spaces between the paragraphs. Most importantly, I would like to have the option to sort the contact lists. Lastly, it is not easy for me to determine if someone has unsubscribed or if the email I sent was blocked by the recipient's firewall. This is very important to me so I would really appreciate if I could somehow separate the unsubscribers from the ones who didn't unsubscribe but that are showing a red circle next to their email address.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveDEMAND

Poor customer service and pricey.

Reasons for Switching to ActiveDEMAND

Customer service, price and features.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Claudia,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate all feedback and we are happy to hear ActiveDEMAND is providing value to you. We work constantly to improve what ActiveDEMAND offers and your suggestions to improve the UI are appreciated. Thank you for your positive feedback for our support team. We have to agree - they are pretty great.

Reviewed on 07/11/2023

Too many issues to bother with

Has been more trouble than it was worth, may as well bite the bullet and pay for a trusted and reliable CRM/Marketing automation tool like Salesforce.

Pros

I can't say there is anything I would recommend about it.

Cons

- extremely basic UX
- fundamental issues with reporting dashboards - cannot receive email versions of these
- inaccurate reporting
- contacts dropping out of campaigns or getting stuck in certain stages with no reason why
- CRM prospects being pushed in as Admin's on the ActiveDemand account (!?!?)
- Cannot setup a lead as such in Pipedrive without creating a deal first - this is absolutely basic functionality
- contact lists sometimes blanking out certain details of the contact - for no apparent reason, and cannot be seen when exported either
- basic "unsubscribes" in Active Demand do not always come through into Pipedrive so have to manually check this for every single unsubscribe contact
- when importing contacts it would duplicate the list upload so you end up with 15 blank lists and have to guess which one held the contacts
- customer support never knew what the issues were/why they were happening - system is super buggy in general.

- I have so many more issues, but hopefully this gives you a flavour....

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hello,
Thank you for your feedback. It is unfortunate you did not find value in our system. We appreciate your insights and will continue to work to improve ActiveDEMAND.
The Team at ActiveDEMAND

Replied 28/11/2023

Top ActiveDEMAND Alternatives

Vernon
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Techi oriented

Great customer service

Pros

It’s got a lot of functionality packed into it

Cons

Some options require a more tech oriented person, however the customer service is always on the ball and ready to help where they can

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Vernon, Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for ActiveDEMAND. We agree that our customer service team is fantastic and always ready to help with some of the more difficult features that ActiveDEMAND offers. We also provide a library of videos, and support articles that we constantly update to help understand our software and its features. Thanks again for the comments.

gerry
  • Industry: Machinery

Active Demand applied to Industrial Marketing

We just signed up for 5 years in a one year subscription model, so I would have to say we are all in.

Pros

The main benefit to me/us is the ability to "know" what is going on at all times, in real time. We make a change we see the result, good or bad and can manage a process forward in real time. Lead nurturing is critical and fairly easy to set up.

The on-line support/chat function is good, but the people are GREAT. love getting real help from rel people.

Cons

Learning curve is challenging, as it some of the trickier back end functions

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Gerry,
Thank you again for choosing ActiveDEMAND as your marketing automation software.

Reviewed on 05/06/2017

ActiveDEMAND allowed me very quickly to deploy my first email campaign delivering measurable...

The ability to set up and deploy professional-looking campaigns very quickly.

Pros

The abilities of Active DEMAND appear to be only limited by my imagination or the courage of my Clients to use them. The process of Lead Nurturing with sophisticated logic and decision making, while I or my clients are sleeping is a huge labour saving feature. Automated reporting with my Agencies branding help me get credit where its due without ambiguity.

The ability to Copy/Clone campaigns, emails processes from one account to another is a hugh time saver when getting an account up and running.

Cons

Ther are several areas where the terms used are quite technical or ActiveDEMAND specific that could do with some contextual help on the screen to assist the newcomers to digital marketing. There a few key features, especially on the account, set up page that need to be right to deliver results. New users should book a Q&A Support session as soon as they sign up and I suggest AD labour several key points about the account set up.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Mark! Thank you for taking the time to review ActiveDEMAND. We really appreciate your insights and comments.

Andy

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Outstanding features

It's a one-stop shop for all your marketing automation needs. I have not found any other platform that has all of the features that ActiveDemand does at the price they offer. It's a great option for marketers who want the full-range of marketing automation activities that are possible.

Pros

ActiveDemand incorporates all features you want in marketing automation: landing pages, forms, email, anonymous visitor tracking, integration with CRM, and custom workflows (in addition to all of the baseline marketing automation: lead scoring, contact tracking, etc.). It's very easy to implement on any website via JS or Wordpress plugin-- so you can work independently of the website if you don't have access to the backend (great option for marketing agencies). VERY competitive on pricing as well.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve when starting out. But once you get a feel for where things are and how they operate in the platform, you'll have everything you want at your fingertips. Putting a little bit of time in learning the platform greatly pays off in the long run (and they have great support!).

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Andy,
Thanks for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all comments and feedback and we are happy you are getting value from the platform. We are always working to make the on-boarding experience easier and have added an in-platform assistant to walk you through tasks. And thanks for the shout out to our support team. We agree...they are fantastic.

Replied 16/11/2018
Megan

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Good for what we need it for

I started off with the basic package and found that really good to choose for our monthly newsletter. We decided to upgrade to the Marketing package because we thought this would benefit us. The calendar sync never ended up working and I felt to use the "extras" we had to upgrade again. We were having too many issues. So I went back to the basic package and I am happy with the current features.

Pros

I really like the subscribe/unsubscribe list. Once an email is in the system the address is updated whether it has unsubscribed or not

Cons

We had a lot of issues with things not working and due to the time zone difference, everything took twice as long to be solved. We did not have the patience.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Megan, thank you for your honest feedback. We have recently added staff in Australia to better serve our clients on that side of the planet. The automation package definately is a big step up from our basic email marketing package. Once your business is at a point where it can take advantage of marketing automation, you may consider upgrading to the marketing automation system in the future.

Thai
  • Industry: Sports

Very Happy

Pros

I've been using Active Demand for since it started and have been happy with the service and products they provide for my company.

Cons

I wish they would provide an accounting service that would let us bill/invoice and take auto payments.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Thai,
Thank you for your positive comments! We appreciate all feedback and consider it when working towards future updates of our platform.
The ActiveDEMAND Crew

Replied 01/11/2018
Sue
Sue

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Using for almost a year - still learning

Saves me time with the ability to save portions of the email for future use. Excellent list management.

Pros

Easy to use once you learn it. Good archiving system for saving items for future use. Superior support system. Chat support so helpful. Great that there's no contract period. Excellent value for the money.

Cons

Not easy to learn - needs better training materials - user manuals or resources. I don't seem to get what I need from the video tutorials. Needs better search capacity in resource area. Might be nice to start with a buddy-system for the first few emails. I like access to Sean but after awhile I feel I've asked too much. Maybe someone further down in the org would be able to answer my basic questions. Did that once and it worked great.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Sue,

Thank you for your review of ActiveDEMAND. Your insight and comments are appreciated and feedback is always welcome. Thanks again!

Matt

Reviewed on 18/10/2019

A lot of functionality under 1 roof

Pros

How many different things it did to reduce the amount of software needed.

Cons

The learning curve is steep and it is often very hard to figure out how to do some things that seem like they should be fairly simple. Even the staff has a hard time agreeing if or how some things can be done.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Matt, Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback for our software. We understand there is a bit of a learning curve as it is a very robust platform. Because it is so in-depth our support team is constantly learning with the goal of serving our users better. We will continue to work on our processes and improve. Thanks again for the feedback!

Replied 22/10/2019
Eeva

Reviewed on 07/11/2018

Positive surprise

Overall I am happy with ActiveDemand. I have developed our digital and online marketing a lot with ActiveDemand.

Pros

Support team is always ready to help and usually they are very fast with it. It has been a positive surprise, that they also listen to users's needs and ideas and actually create alterations and new features based on those ideas.

Cons

Some of the videos are old and the software does not look the same now, so they are sometimes a bit confusing.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Eeva,
Thank you for taking time to review ActiveDEMAND. Your comments and feedback are always welcome and helpfu for us to improve your experience with the software. We have been working to update older videos and make them easier to understand. We've also added our in-product assistant to walk through tasks. Thank you again!

Replied 16/11/2018
Matt
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 07/10/2019

Making the Most of AD

Pros

The product has excellent features and capability

Cons

A certain number of the features require inside knowledge to understand

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to review ActiveDEMAND. We know that because ActiveDEMAND is so feature-robust that it can take time to learn. We have created (and continue to create) support articles, how-to videos, and other learning material to help understand the more difficult features. And as always, our fantastic support staff is always ready to help with any question or issue. Thanks again!

Brittany
Brittany
  • Industry: Plastics

Reviewed on 02/07/2018

Highly integrated software for pipe drive CRM

Pros

What's great about this software is that it's linked directly to my current CRM system. It tracks emails and drip campaigns, it will track calls with a click the call feature and transcribe the conversation for documentation process. It identifies who is being prospected online as well as identifying prospects on the webpage how long and what pages of interest. This is a great sales tool for any organization looking to see what activity is really working for your company.

Cons

It's a lil tricky if your not technologically savvy and can be a bit pricy for a smaller organization.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Thanks for the feedback Brittany!

We are constantly improving the user experience of our software and your feedback is extremely helpful in that endeavor.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave a review!

Reviewed on 14/11/2018

Powerful prospecting solution

We evaluated this against Hubspot, Salesforce Pardot and Autocampaign. The combination of ActiveDEMAND and Pipedrive was the only solution that gave us a reasonable entry point that allows our relatively small organisation grow into a solution, as opposed to blowing the entire marketing budget on a framework.

Technically, it looks to be on-par with Salesforce, although somewhat limited compared to HubSpot. The support is great, although a small challenge is that they are based in Canada and we in Europe. So there is no overlap in the working hours. They seem flexible enough for early-morning calls.

Overall, ActiveDEMAND was the product that allowed us to choose Pipedrive CRM over Salesforce and HubSpot.

Pros

Tight integration with Pipedrive
Good configuratior for email-journeys.
Very reasonable entry-point to start with marketing automation and prospect tracking.

Cons

Comprehensive, to the extent that it can be somewhat difficult to navigate. But I have not used the SW enough yet to make this

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi!
Thanks for taking a moment to review the ActiveDEMAND platform. We appreciate all feedback to help us to continue to improve the software and our users' experience with it.
The Crew at ActiveDEMAND

Replied 15/11/2018
Ryan
Ryan
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Customer for 3 years

Pros

Active Demand is a great tool and can do a lot, probobly even more than I know.

Cons

I find it hard to navigate the pages and set up the campaigns. When we had a full-time marketing person it made it eaier because they did it.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Ryan,
Thank you for taking a moment to review ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate all feedback to help us constantly improve - and that includes usability. May I recommend our personal trainer tool for your difficulty setting up campaigns? On the right side of the platform window there is a tab that says, 'Show Me How'. With this tool, it will walk you through each step of a task. It also has links to how-to videos and support articles, without having to leave the platform.

Jorgen

Reviewed on 23/05/2017

Challenging and fun!

Automated marketing. Saves a lot of time and we are able to keep in contact with our customers better.

Pros

All of the functionality and the ability to build custom work-flows/campaigns. There are pre-built templates that have been very helpful and the support staff has been amazing.

Cons

There is a bit of a learning curve and some features are a little difficult to understand. Sometimes there seems to be a bit of a disconnect with the PipeDrive web hook.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Jorgen,
Thank you for your review of ActiveDEMAND. Your insight and comments are appreciated. We are happy you are finding the platform fun. Feedback is always welcome.

Steven
  • Industry: Information Services

Solid but not Great

Overall I was pleased with our experience with ActiveDemand our company just decided to move in a different direction

Pros

Easy to understand software and features

Cons

Lacked the robustness of many of its competitors in the space

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Steven,
Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate any opportunity to improve our software and your comments help us do that. We continue to update and improve to make ActiveDEMAND the best marketing automation software available.

Brian
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 06/11/2018

Great data capture

Great Experiece.

Pros

I liked Active Demand's ease of use and set-up.

Cons

There was some learning curve in the begining.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Brian,

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for ActiveDEMAND. We appreciate your comments and are happy you are happy with the platform. We will continue to improve our user experience with the help of your feedback.

Thanks again,
The ActiveDEMAND team

Replied 14/11/2018
Kon
  • Industry: Renewables & Environment
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 02/11/2018

Disapointing

Had a discussion where a lot was promised. In the actual delivery there was actually no real content or working items

Pros

The promise of the items described online and in discussion

Cons

The delivery of items promised and shown

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Kon, Thank you for your honest feedback. We understand that there is a mis-alignment between what your goals are and what our company can provide. We provide tools to marketers; we unfortunately do not provide marketers to use the tools for our clients. We are happy to introduce you to one of many marketing agencies that help companies like yours succeed with technology like ours.

Replied 13/11/2018
Saeed

Reviewed on 24/03/2018

stunning software.

Pros

This software is a flexible marketing platform helped my digital marketing to be managed easily. The brand management, website tracking, web forms and ecommerce integration are just an amazing features that made digital business great.

Cons

Set up the page is not easy. It takes time to get to use to this program. Navigating in this software can be a hustle a little bit.

Amanda
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 31/08/2020

AD review

Pros

I like that it is consistently being updated with new features.

Cons

I cannot edit my workflows with the current package I am on, and do not need the extra features and benefits of the corporate marketer package as we are a small business.

Bev

Reviewed on 01/04/2015

Great for tracking campaigns

This product is great for mass mailouts and webinars. Being able to quantify the effectiveness of a campaign is a real plus. The tracking of pages viewed on my website is also excellent.

It runs slow and its useability is inefficient and time consuming.

Customer service and response time is excellent. I don't think these guys ever sleep.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

We just added a bunch more server horsepower to ActiveDEMAND to improve response times. The platform is extra fast now. Try it out!

Replied 13/04/2015
Gary

Reviewed on 30/03/2015

Great software for contact list management, marketing and email tracking

We've been using ActiveDemand for over a year and have been very pleased with the results. It was easy to import our existing contacts into the database and build email campaigns targeted to our specific needs. The staff excels at customer service, guiding us through any questions we have and responding to our needs within a very short time period.

Christina

Reviewed on 19/08/2020

Active Demand from an Agency Perspective

Overall I have been very pleased with the platform. The chat function is very helpful and I almost always get an immediate response and help resolving the issues that I have. With any playform there are "gotchas" that come to light after you get in to it more intently, and I have encountered those with Active Demand, like the incredibly slow load times when cloning elements, and certain clunky parts of the interface, but my overall experience with both the software and the customer service has been positive.

Pros

The capabilities that I appreciate most on Active Demand are the list filterting email developer/editor. I appreciate the amount of criteria that you can filter your lists by, giving the ability to add or remove contacts to your lists seamlessly and easily.
The email developer is easy to use, aside from a few small glitches.

Cons

My least favorite thing about the platform is the amount of time reporting takes to propegate. I can't see real-time performance from email campaigns, at best I can see data after 24 hours or so, but if you like mo monitor your campaigns more closely, this will fall short.

Response from ActiveDEMAND

Hi Christina,
Thank you for taking a moment to give us a review. We appreciate all feedback as it helps us improve our software. We are sorry to hear you are having some issues - specifically with real-time reporting. We do have real-time dashboard widgets for email campaigns and we encourage chatting with our support team to answer questions about how to set it up - they are super friendly and helpful. Thank you again for your comments!

Replied 26/08/2020