About DigitalChalk

DigitalChalk is a cloud-based learning management solution for small and midsize businesses. Primary features include e-learning, customizable course content, content library, track progress, reward and real-time analytics. Othe...

Browse DigitalChalk Reviews

Chris D. Chris D.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 18/12/2017

Very powerful system. Lots of great stuff "under the hood" for admin staff.

Pros

Clearly created by people who understand and are interested in *real* online learning. Everything in one place - including a home for you video-conferences and off-net meetings - demonstrating that they think of the student and not just their own software/system. Not just a "collection of videos shoved into an online folder". A proper system. Exceptional support - lovely people with whom to conduct business.

Cons

The student interface looks dated (Dec 2017). To be fair to Digital Chalk they know this. I understand they have a major refresh planned, so by the time you read this that may have already happened.

Cheri C. Cheri C.
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

DigitalChalk is a Digital Charm

Pros

I've used many Learning Management Systems in my 30 years of being in the training field. DigitalChalk is hands-down one of the easiest systems to learn, use and administer. Some Learning Management Systems can be so over complicated and for no reason. DigitalChalk has managed to take away all the unnecessary steps in the people management process and made it very simple, streamlined and ready to use in no time at all. It is by far my favorite LMS to date. Prior to my joining my current company, there was no LMS.

Cons

I wish there was a live-chat option on the help desk. There are times when I need to trouble-shoot something real time to continue my work, and I have to wait for an email response from the help desk. It's typically the same day but in this day and age, you want to talk to someone immediately.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Cheri,
Thank you for your fantastic review! We appreciate that you took the time to write such a thoughtful response. We're so happy that you found DigitalChalk so easy to use and administer. If you have any feedback for making organization and course admins' jobs even simpler, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again!

Sharon M. Sharon M.
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

An awesome Learning Management System

Outstanding! We would not consider using anyone else for all of our courses.

Pros

We have been with Digital Chalk for 9 years and each year it gets better. Digital Chalk is always improving their system with new ways to deliver the courses to our students. Additionally, their fees are extremely reasonable, and their customer service is beyond compare. Anyone who is looking to implement a distance learning program could not go wrong using Digital Chalk.

Cons

The fact that there is no Student Gradebook. There used to be one where the students could monitor their own progress. That is gone now.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Sharon,
Thank you for your great review! We truly appreciate you and your organization's long history using DigitalChalk. As you mentioned, we're always looking to improve our system, so if you have any feedback for how we can make course delivery and the learner experience even better, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again!

Top DigitalChalk Alternatives

Craig V. Craig V.

Reviewed on 06/05/2014

Excellent product and very easy to use

I've been using the DigitalChalk system extensively to produce online training, and I personally believe that it is the best learning management system available right now. The development team is constantly adding new features and their customer communication is clear and frequent.

- DigitalChalk basically covers everything one needs in order to produce online training and deliver it to an audience. A fully customizable, branded course catalog and shopping cart come standard, and it can blend smoothly into an existing website.

- The course editing GUI is intuitive and fairly easy to get the hang of when creating a new curriculum. All media uploads are optimized automatically, similar to how Youtube creates multiple resolutions for a single video. Students or trainees with slow internet connections will still be able to participate satisfactorily, while others with fast connections can enjoy higher definition.

- eCommerce and gradebook tracking reports are *phenomenal*, and probably the most useful (to me, anyways) part of the system. It is very easy to set up affiliate marketing links to track how effectively your courses are being advertised by other organizations.

- The only thing I would recommend is that DC eventually adopts a closed-captioning system. Youtube has an automatic one that doesn't work well at this point, and I know the technology is still in its early stages. Using third-party software, I have to manually insert captioning into my videos intended to be accessible for students who may have difficulty hearing.

At first, DigitalChalk is simple and straightforward. One can begin creating courses right away. As I gained more experience creating courses, it surprised me with the large amount of useful options and deep features it offered. Overall, it has been a very satisfying experience.

For those who are not tech or computer-savvy, or don't have the extra time, staff, or resources to devote themselves to creating and managing online training, I would still recommend using DigitalChalk. I would definitely call their customer support for guidance, or find an organization like mine that can personally guide you through the process and manage it appropriately.

Stephen G. Stephen G.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 29/02/2020

Easy to Use & Execute

Great experience, highly recommended.

Pros

I liked the ease of use, the fact that I could build the program out myself. There is a learning curve, but I did it all myself with no background in IT.

Cons

I wish there was a couple unique features that I want for my specific company, but not the end of the world.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Stephen, thanks for your great review! We're glad you find our platform easy to use. If there's any way you think we can make the learning curve lower, please don't hesitate to let us know at [email protected]

Replied 01/04/2020
Carla P. Carla P.

Reviewed on 18/06/2010

Digital Chalk is the best system I've found for e-learning.

Overall, I loved this product. They contacted me to set up a webinar to make sure I felt comfortable using it, and they conducted a second webinar for two other people in the organization to teach them how to use it. The support has been fabulous. The only way you'll get what you need out of an LMS is to be comfortable with using it, and this company has a huge commitment to support.

Pros

I was asked to find an LMS for our state association, Texas Assn of Convention & Visitors Bureaus. They offer a lot of learning at their conventions but wanted a way to deliver it via the web. I researched a lot of systems out there, and Digitalchalk offered a free version that allowed me to get used to the system, learn how to use it, and see how powerful it was. I uploaded a video and PowerPoint that I created to test it out, and I was up and running. It was easy to add tests and other features. Bottom line, TACVB loves the system and will be building a set of courses using this software.

Cons

With any of these systems, you have a hurdle of having to figure out how you will create a professional quality video of the presentation. There is the option of not having a video cued to the PowerPoint, (e.g. using just audio instead) but that is not going to "sell" the e-learning for our organization. So you have to figure out a way to professionally videotape your speakers.

However, that is a challenge with any of the systems.

Joe P. Joe P.

Reviewed on 08/05/2013

Digital Chalk exceeds our needs and expectations

I would absolutely recommend Digital Chalk for Corporate Executives or small business owners. I have to say I could not be happier with how this system works and my representative has never hesitated at helping or answering questions. I have tried or tested 6 other systems for online training and I absolutely say "go with Digital Chalk".

Pros

Digital Chalk was easy for me to get our training uploaded and I am moderately knowledgeable when it comes to tech stuff. DC has been very dependable and even after 5 months of subscribing I still get my questions answered and support help very quickly, usually within a couple of hours.

I love the ability to use handouts, lots of HD video, powerpoint and other files. Their testing, checkpoints and integrity insurance during the training is unmatched in my previous shopping for affordable training systems.

I am a novice, with lots of training ideas, and so far Digital Chalk is an excellent system for me to team up with.

Cons

Digital Chalk was not the cheapest in my search, but they are affordable and far more dependable and adaptable than the other systems I have tried. I am stretching for this as a con, there are no other issues and this cost really isn't an issue to me now.

Katrina Q. Katrina Q.

Reviewed on 30/06/2010

Founder/Designer

Highly Recommend

DigitalChalk is for everyone! Whether you are a college professor needing to teach courses or a cosmetologist wanting to teach CEU classes, DigitalChalk is for you!

Pros

I love DigitalChalk. This software is rich in content and extremely easy to use. My favorite feature is that it is a pay as you go system, no contracts, which is very important during this day and age.

Also, love their customer support and sales team. They really care about people and really want customers to be successful. They know if you are not successful as a customer, they are are not successful.

Cons

I cannot think of any.

Anne B. Anne B.

Reviewed on 26/03/2015

Amazing customer service and professional results

So, the Customer Service people are amazing. Easy to reach, they understand my problem/question, and go out of the way to help me find solutions. My preference is to figure things out for myself, but some days everything moves so fast that I just need to call and they have never let me down.

We have created a very complicated course targeted to a specific audience and each step has been surprisingly straight forward. We feel that Digital Chalk has made it possible for us to present a professional product so that we needed only to focus on the quality of our information and of our videos.

Jim H. Jim H.

Reviewed on 21/06/2010

Great tool for Learning

excellent Product

Pros

Very professional on demand video learning system can deliver multiple courses in multiple subjects. Allows students to learn at their own pace and at any location. Dependable good quality video and illustrations. The team at Digital Chalk are very informative and great to work with toward a common goal.

Cons

none come to mind

Thomas D. Thomas D.

Reviewed on 16/01/2015

Great product, price and service.

DigitalChalk provides a very good product at a great price. Also, their customer service has always been very responsive - which is critical if you have issues that impact your students.

Also, they continually improve and add new features to their platform. This is very important.

I hope DigitalChalk continues its high level of service for years to come.

Laura V. Laura V.

Reviewed on 28/05/2010

Fast, easy, and effective

Use this software to cut costs, improve your employee's training skills, enhance communication throughout your business

Pros

Easy to put together a course
Personal customer support, able to speak to a human being
24 hour availability of courses
Ease of payment for my customers and myself

Cons

Nothing bad to say about the product so far

Doug S. Doug S.

Reviewed on 22/08/2013

Fast, Accurate, and Friendly

As a first-time user of any type of online training platform, we had a bit trepidation going in. Your instructions were clear, your tech support timely, and all of our self-inflicted issues were expeditiously resolved. Adrian was always polite, quick, and resolute at resolving our problems.

Denise H. Denise H.

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Simply the best online training platform available!

Simple to use, from both the student and the content designer perspectives.
Unparalleled customer support - best I've ever come across!
Low cost, but with incredible high-end features and reports.
Best value online training platform on the market - we checked!

Khandra F. Khandra F.

Reviewed on 19/03/2015

Digital Chalk Review

Everything works the way it should.

Toby G. Toby G.

Reviewed on 07/05/2014

Platform and Customer Service

Customer service is top notch. The platform; however, isn't always intuitive and can become very messy if you are unsure about what you're doing. We are learning as we are going and thanks to great customer support, we are slowly getting there.

Barbara S. Barbara S.

Reviewed on 01/07/2019

A+ Online Education Software

Our online diabetes education course is offered in the English language in the country of India, and in Spanish in the Central American Region. Our previous platform was astronomically expensive to host. After the one time small vendor fee, the platform costs the course fee that is paid by the students as they purchase the course. It couldn't be easier, or more cost effective. Revenue is processed monthly by DigitalChalk and wired directly to our bank account. Simple reports on the courses purchased are easy to generate for our accounting team to appropriately credit the revenue to the right program.

Pros

I love that it is so easy to build my own courses, receive feedback, grade assignments, and conduct needed reports on finances and student progress. I also love that when I write to the support team, they always respond within an hour or less. They are so helpful with links and screen shots of exactly what to do to fix a problem, and at times they've made corrections on my behalf.

Cons

There really isn't anything I do not like about the software.

Unlock Learn

Reasons for Choosing DigitalChalk

The other company's software was very difficult to manage. We had to hire a consultant to run reports and manage the courses because it was so complicated. In addition it was very expensive. DigitalChalk is simple to manage, operate, and administer as well as extremely cost effective.

Reasons for Switching to DigitalChalk

Features available, low cost, user friendly nature of the software

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Hi Barbara,
Thank you so much for your great, thoughtful review! It's awesome to see that you love so much about DigitalChalk. We want to continue delivering that kind of experience to everyone who uses our learning platform, so if you have any suggestions on how we can make course delivery and reporting better for everyone, please let us know at [email protected] Thanks again!

W H. W H.

Reviewed on 18/06/2010

Best product, in this category, on the market

DC is by far the best in its class. It is designed (in my opinion) for fully automated online courses. If this is what you want to do...I cannot think of anything better.

I am an odd user of the program and have high demands (teach software with large file sizes). DC is great for distributing (and protecting) my lectures, but for my particular requirements, I needed to pair DC with Moodle.

Digital Chalk has been one of the best companies I have ever worked with. They even quoted to create custom applications to work with our in-house systems. They have been completely fair with me and have greatly increased the quality and enjoyment of my job.

I have been using the program for 2 years and am running on their newest platform. The update was dramatic. I expect great things to come with future updates and am positive that this company will adapt to their users.

Excellent work.

Pros

Instant setup, begin uploading your course in seconds. Very fast and rarely down (I have been using the site daily for almost 2 years). EXCELLENT customer support - never seen anything like it. Questions are answered immediately, bugs are fixed, and sometimes they just do it for you.

I use 400-500MB files - videos upload quickly and logs notifications.

I cannot say enough great things about the customer support. Very nice, very helpful - motivated and energetic people.

When I have students drop, they take care of the refunds and fix problems very quickly

I give DC 3 stars for meeting my needs, but 5 stars for protecting my work as a non-regular faculty member at a university. I feel motivated to better my lectures knowing they are protected and are controlled by me

Cons

no option for just publishing as an eBook (for an addition to an actual class)...but I use DC for an actual university class, not a purely online course.

Does not have BlackBoard/Moodle integrated features (video chat, blogs, forums, etc.). No ability to edit documents online...but again, this is not what DC was designed for. Does not have the diversity of testing questions as Blackboard does.

500MB video limits...I teach software and need high resolution. Students do occasionally complain that it is difficult to see some of the details. For my courses that are power-point/video driven...no complaints whatsoever.

Chris S. Chris S.

Reviewed on 27/04/2016

Forget looking anywhere else!

First Pro - Their Team
From the first demonstration with sales to technical support and client service, the DigitalChalk Team not only answered our questions but answered them thoroughly and offered other ideas to help our business deliver the perfect e-learning experience to our customers. It is not necessarily the service that is unique, it is the people behind that service that takes our experience to an entirely new level. You will likely see this said time and again from others but "They care about our success."

Second Pro - Technical Support
We have a limited team here that deals with our tech issues and questions. We have relied on J and Adrian so many times, I have lost count.

The turnaround on issues is amazingly quick and they even adapted to our unique request to allow a certain type of content to be accessed through our courses iFrame features. We proudly stand behind this tech team of DigitalChalk.

Third Pro - Course Delivery
We ran extensive comparisons on the other LRS and LMS options out there and we could not be more thankful that we chose DigitalChalk.

We have seen other student access portals and while some might offer a "prettier" appearance but can not hold a candle to the features we get through DC.

From branding to delivery format to tracking and the support options you can offer your students, it is an winning choice to go with DigitalChalk. To top that off, they are always coming up with new features. They even took a request from us to customize our exam delivery functions.

Fourth Pro
Notification of student or account activity. We are smaller, so we typically wear several hats at our organization. With that said, we never have to worry about actions on our course going un-noticed. DigitalChalk offers a full suite of notification options triggered by student or Admin activity that you can customize to fit your specific needs. If, by some small chance, they don't offer the notification trigger you are looking for - call support and, based off our experiences, before you get off the phone you will have a solution to your problem or someone will be working on it immediately.

We will go nowhere else!

A sincere Thank You from a loyal client.

Rene W. Rene W.

Reviewed on 18/05/2010

D2D Cable and Digital Chalk

I love these guys! This is a wonderful company that gives me confidence in the small businesses of America. I hope to do business with this team for years to come!

Pros

I absolutely LOVE the team at DC. They are supportive and responsive and candid. I have great confidence in their integrity and commitment to help us in our success-they feel like partners.

The system is easy to use and I like the ability to add pieces and format the chalkboards.

When I have a problem I get it taken care of immediately and effectively almost every time. My problems are treated like VIP problems at every turn. the system is easy to use and the support team is kind when it turns out to be my fault-thanks! I am a non-technical type and this group has helped me achieve some great things with their helpfulness.

Cons

I don't like the limitations of the reporting. I would like a lot more flexibility to pull reports on more fields.

We need another level of roles that will allow a person to add users and view grade books and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost of classes or to edit them.

500mg is not a large enough file to offer acceptable video--need a bigger better option as we pursue bigger clients

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for the review!

We have updated our reporting featuring, which now allows you to have full flexibility to pull reports on various fields easily. In addition, we have added new roles that allow you to simply add users, view grade books, and preview courses without having the ability to view the cost or classes or edit them. Another product enhancement includes a larger file limit for uploads. You can now upload video up to 1GB.

We hope you have enjoyed these enhancements!

Ste M. Ste M.
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 06/06/2017

Excellent.

Grow our business and delivery quality to customers.

Pros

- User friendly and pretty intuitive.
- Incredibly stable and reliable; this software has clearly been well tested before implementation.
- Flexible with plenty of options and capacity.
-Exceptional customer service even after we purchased (for some organisations it is just about the first sale. These guys are committed to their clients, no matter the size).

Cons

No App yet, but hoping for one soon. User Interface looks a little dated and could possibly do with a more modern design; however, I will have this over a glitchy unstable product any day.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for the review! You'll be happy to know that one of our main focuses in the current and upcoming development cycles is updating the look and feel of the platform. Apps can sometimes limit functionality so at the moment we prefer to keep our platform browser based and focus on mobile responsiveness, as this enables us to ensure that the system is fully functional on all mobile devices. We believe you're really going to like the interface updates we're working on!

Thanks!

The DigitalChalk Team

Replied 07/06/2017
John G. John G.

Reviewed on 07/06/2010

DigitalChalk Systems

DigitalChalk is light years ahead of any other educational content development, deployment, and delivery system on the market today. Einstein is truly amazing in its intuitive, user-friendly system for creating and delivering courses for students at any level. It's pure genius.

Our experiences with the DigitalChalk team have been very gratifying because of their attention to details and to customer satisfaction. Their ability to respond to customer needs with accurate solutions is second to none in the technology industry.

We have had nothing but positive feedback from our students around the globe--from China, to India, to South Africa, to Europe, to the Caribbean--who are performing at a high level and actually enjoying their college education experience as a direct result of the DigitalChalk system and its application to our academic programs.

We have no hestiation in recommending DigitalChalk as the best and most dependable system for online educational excellence.

Pros

Creating educational content with DigitalChalk is so easy that it's too easy!

Dependability of DigitalChalk delivery to students ensures the fact that student complaints are virtually non-existent.

Creating and administering online assessments are simple and intuitive. Integrity and security of the assessment system is excellent.

Cons

We have found very little in the DigitalChalk system that is problematic, and even those things were solved in a prompt and satisfactory manner.

Mike L. Mike L.

Reviewed on 21/06/2017

We are very pleased with Digital Chalk, especially the reporting function.

Was using another LMS, but important reports required direct involvement from customer support. Very frustrating! With DC, we can obtain the needed data without assistance any time we wish.

Pros

Software is very easy to use on an ongoing basis. Reports are easy to build and results are generated quickly. Support is simply outstanding.

James D. James D.

Reviewed on 18/07/2012

Cornerstone-edu.com

A+ recommendation overall. My "cons" were small in the whole scheme of things. You will be impressed with the level of thought that went into the DC system. Great choice and I highly recommend.

Pros

I chose Digital Chalk because of the e-commerce feature, the video & powerpoint on the screen. For some student testing, I use proctoru.com. D.C. made everything work smoothly. I am not a techie person, but everyone and I mean everyone helped get my company up and going. I made a great investment with Digital Chalk for my company.

Cons

I wish the uses of all the features were in a video format. The "bible" of how to use the system is over 100 pages long. It covers everything...but how about some videos! However, Dave & Adrian & Josh all helped me. In fact, Dave is calling me a psuedo-techie now! The first sentence is the only "con" I can come up with.

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Thank you for your review!

We appreciate your feedback and now have an array of video tutorials and demonstrations available on our YouTube and Vimeo pages.

As we push out new updates to our system, each release now has a video demonstration to ease you into the changes. We hope this helps!

Mike S. Mike S.

Reviewed on 10/06/2010

We're very satisfied with Digital Chalk as an intuitive, scalable solution for our online...

Digital Chalk has an intuitive, scalable solution for anyone looking to present their curriculum online. The environment for creating the courses has been very easy to work with and modify when needed. Their customer support has been extremely reliable in responding to any issue in a timely manner with the desired results. I would recommend this product/platform to anyone looking to present their material in a way that's both engaging and easy to use for any participant.

Pros

- Great product/platform
- Intuitive
- Scalable
- Willing to meet our needs
- Outstanding customer support
- Evolving product to include additional needed features

Cons

- Can't be viewed on most mobile devices
- Processing video can take a bit long depending on how many/which format you choose

Response from Infinity Learning Solutions

Thanks for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback and have made some great improvements to the DigitalChalk platform. The system can now be easily viewed on most mobile devices. As for the video processing, the speed has been greatly improved over the years, but of course, it greatly depends on how the video is created and rendered before the upload process.

We hope you have enjoyed using DigitalChalk!