About SugarCRM

SugarCRM is a cloud-based application for handling sales automation, marketing automation, account management and customer relationship management needs. SugarCRM offers features such as customizable home pages, a new-user...

3.8
3.8
3.6
3.7

Browse SugarCRM Reviews

Reviewed on 09/08/2019

SugarCRM for great for the marketing emails.

SugarCRM is so great software because it really help us to taking our sales process more faster. It really allow the small business companies to track sales, invoices, bills and market to our customers in a better way. This CRM is so easy to use just because of its great users interface. Hence, SugarCRM software makes my life so much easier.

Pros

SugarCRM is one of the best marketing platform which really help small business to grow faster and that's why it is also known as the business market smarter software. The best thing about this software is that it always provide the best customer relationships marketing software. We have been use the SugarCRM software foor the sales and marketing purpose because it has the great ability to customization's. Hence, the users interface is very responsive and the well designed.

Cons

The first obvious thing I don't like about this software is that SugarCRM does not have a users-friendly users interface software. The another problem that we faced is that it take a lot of time to setup the everything but the documentations is always great. When we started using this software then we don't find the file manager as so intuitive.

Reviewed on 26/05/2019

Indeed a great CRM with effective results

Overall my experience with this CRM is great. I am using it daily and I can say that my daily work is incomplete without it. It is so simple to use and provides amazing results for reports and dashboards, their customer's support team is very responsive.

Pros

I am using it for more than three years and like almost everything about it. This CRM is very easy to use because of its simple design and easy to use user interface. I like the way SugarCRM provides reports and dashboards which is very easy to understand. SugarCRM provides secruity of data and information and now I can handle the different campaigns, create a different campaign for anyone and even get a complete picture of it very easily.

Cons

I would like to highlight one thing that I dislike about it which is its overall cost. A small organization may not afford this CRM but overall it is worth to spend on it.

Zoho CRM and Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SugarCRM

We choose this because it has strong customer support team and it is less expensive compared to there products.
Calum

Reviewed on 13/01/2023

Fantastic community edition

Pros

We use the free self install community edition and it is perfect for our small business needs. Keeps track of all customers and sales.

Cons

We are very happy with all aspects of the CRM system.

Top SugarCRM Alternatives

Gaurav
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Reviewed on 21/06/2020

Complete CRM Tool with Analytics Integration

I have been able to solve the business problem of tracking new prospects who eventually became customers, which channels drove that new customer acquisition and how much revenue those new customers generated. As well as, providing insights to my marketing team around which customers are planning to quit so they can try running some nurture campaigns to avoid losing those on-the-fence customers. In short, SugarSell helped improve both quantity and quality of customer leads at low cost.

Pros

As an analyst, I use SugarSell to track new prospects who submit become a customer form to become customers of my food service company. The feature I find most productive is the ability of SugarSell software to assign a source of website, social, email, sales representative, campaign, etc. and track customer journey from acquisition to conversion. As well as, integrate with Salesforce Marketing Cloud platform, so my marketing team can run both customer acquisition and customer retention or nurturing campaigns. As a result of this prospect tracking and seamless connection with Salesforce, targeting those prospects for customer acquisition and retention became more automated and efficient. Hence, both quantity and quality of those leads continued to grow year-over-year and resulted in higher sales for our business. In the nut shell, we got high long term value with low short term investment in a CRM software.

Cons

I struggled with adding a new source of voice assistant, chatbot and mobile app to SugarSell CRM reporting tool. Because it needed additional development resources who could modify implementation code. The second source of challenge was not easily able to connect Google Analytics UTM campaigns tracking with SugarSell CRM leads tracking. So, it was difficult to correlate the two data sources to each other in a single table using a common key and build a marketing data lake. Similar concerns existed when trying to bring CRM data, campaigns data and invoice sales data from MicroStrategy into one warehouse. So, it will be nice if SugarSell added some big data enhancement capabilities to their tool.

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

A great CRM tool

Overall experience is amazing for a beginner and a great CRM platform to start working on with.

Pros

Its amazing features differentiate it from other CRM platforms.It's very simple to use this CRM tool

Cons

Sometimes it hangs a bit while switching from one view to another but that's a very rare situation

Katie
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 14/01/2020

The Pros and Cons of Sugar

Overall, I really enjoyed Sugar and think it would be a great fit (especially for the lower price point!) for marketing and advertising agencies that are looking to build out custom flows. Their customer care team was incredibly helpful and knowledgeable, and I really enjoyed working with them.

Pros

The SugarCRM team was incredibly helpful and supportive during our decision between various CRMs we were testing out, namely Salesforce and SugarCRM. They were flexible, accommodating and had amazing customer service throughout the process, even willing to develop new APIs to integrate with our proprietary billing system 90% of our clients were on. I really enjoyed the visuals of Sugar - as all the bells and whistles were there, but it didn't seem overwhelming (as Salesforce can) and it's geared more towards marking service teams, like my division of the business. I also really find the dashboard visuals to be superior to Salesforce. Overall, the price point was better than Salesforce, too.

Cons

Since Sugar is geared towards marketing and sales teams, it wasn't a great fit for the other teams within our organization (i.e. one-time products like printing, etc.). Though workflows are cleaner and more intuitive than Salesforce, there wasn't quite as many bells and whistles (i.e. it was difficult to build in processes that involved external teams that we outsource to).

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Switching to SugarCRM

We didn't - we ended up choosing Salesforce over Sugar, simply due to the fact that we had to incorporate other areas of the business already in Salesforce and ultimately they were able to provide all the necessary features. For other orgs, I would recommend Sugar, as it's an amazing product.
Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

Reviewed on 07/07/2022

A complete history of calls, emails, and customers in one location only

SugarCRM offers you a way to monitor all the clients and leaflet details so you can keep everyone within the business on the same page, from ads to distribution to support to everyone to work with a system to get a detailed view of what is going on for each and every customer and future buyers. This is where I can show the details that are most important for my day, whether it is my channeling of potential clients, the weekly operation and predictions from my staff, or my allocated customer service cases. The home page can be personalized for any division of Sample with exactly the right details for every user. The browser bar at the top of the screen is the preferred position, but it can be placed sideways, floating or at the bottom.

Pros

The software provides a robust search feature that allows you to search by name, phone number, and other data values that I need. A standard profile account view would highlight the key information in the configuration of the presentation card, which may include phone number categorizations and to whom the account is allocated, for example. Admin software provided with SugarCRM enables the setup of each screen such that The company wants, including adding personalized infinite areas, changing values on any deployable list, and arranging everything and all. Another main way in which I can use SugarCRM phones or tablets when out of the office, helps you to extract some data through searches and tables, you can quickly call a contact and when you have a call.

Cons

You will choose to separate and divide the data into different categories. one way that you might do this is through searches, you will get to sort so many that you can get lost in so much dating.

Randy
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 23/06/2022

No Support

We tried to end the agreement after severalyears of no support. After several months of sending emails to a handful of unresponsive people, we decided to send them a few more thousand dollars in hopes that they will delete our data and leave us alone. We don't want to involve lawyers, but that's the next step and ours are aware of the situation.

Pros

The CRM was easy to set up on our own. This was fortunate, because Sugar did not support their product. We paid UpCurve Cloud (3rd party design) to implement, but they didn't help because they did not get support from Sugar either.

Cons

There was a total lack of support from the company. It took them weeks to respond to emails and phone calls and the people we talked to were not able to help with the issues and didn't feel empowered to pass along our concerns or even stop our subscription.

Response from SugarCRM

Some good and bad in this review. We are glad that you agree that SugarCRM is easy to implement and thank you for being a customer for these past four years. We are sorry that you had a bad experience with a partner. We do not have any insight into the nature of this dispute in 2018. SugarCRM is committed to supporting our product whether you purchase the product from a partner or directly from us. For access to our award winning customer support team, visit support.sugarcrm.com.

Replied 15/07/2022
Alexis
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Free CRMs are way better, faster and easier!

I cannot stand this software, I don't have anything positive to say about it and definitely do not recommend it - for anything, even if you get it free. Hubspot and Zoho are free and hold way more value! I even love Salesforce.

Pros

Honestly, there is not one thing I like about this software and I do CRM implementation/administration.

Cons

It is EXTREMELY slow and always times out, it doesn't connect to facebook to import events (it use to,) the email system is extremely antiquated and more that I won't get into on here, everytime you do something it refreshes and send you right back to the beginning instead of where you were, when events or businesses are deleted they still show up all over the place... the list goes on and on.

Philippe
  • Industry: Legislative Office

Reviewed on 14/01/2023

Good CRM tool

Pros

This is one of the best CRM software I know of it has a multitude of features that match many of the core functionalities .It is ideal for companies that have unique workflow requirements or want to integrate CRM with their systems

Cons

Getting started is not at all easy, you have to study it well first

Damion
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Reviewed on 06/06/2019

SugаrCRM: Bооst yоur busіnеss

Thе Sugаr рlаtfоrm wоrks vеry wеll аnd іs quіtе sсаlаblе асrоss оrgаnіzаtіоns оf аll sіzеs.

Pros

Eхсеllеnt dаtаbаsе systеm. Cаn bе соріеd tо оthеr sеrvеrs. Custоm fіеlds. Abіlіty tо lіnk CRM dаtа tо dеаls. Gооd usеr іntеrfасе. Wе usе SugаrCRM аs оur рrіmаry tооl іn trасkіng аррlісаtіоns, dеtеrmіnіng еlіgіbіlіty, аnd mаnаgіng раymеnts fоr сhіldrеn іn рublісly fundеd рrеsсhооl рrоgrаms. Althоugh іt wаs рrіmаrіly dеsіgnеd аs а sаlеs tооl, wе usе іt lеss аs fоr sаlеs (gіvеn thаt wе аrе nоt а sаlеs оrgаnіzаtіоn) аnd mоrе аs а rеlаtіоnshір mаnаgеmеnt аnd ассоuntіng tооl. Wе hаvе а vеry smаll tеаm (10 реорlе tоtаl), but wе аll usе Sugаr оn а dаіly bаsіs.

Cons

Rеаlly, rеаlly fіnd іt а hаsslе (аt lеаst rіght nоw) tо synс Sugаr wіth оur mаrkеtіng аutоmаtіоn sоftwаrе. Wе usе а 3rd раrty API аs оur соnnесtоr bеtwееn thе twо systеms but I fіnd glіtсhеs іn іt thаt соnсеrn mе аnd mаkе mе wоndеr іf аll my іnfоrmаtіоn іs bеіng ассurаtеly trаnsmіttеd аnd mаtсhеd uр. Sugаr wаsn't vеry іntuіtіvе whеn I fіrst bеgаn usіng іt. Wе rесеntly hаd а 3rd раrty соmе іn tо rеdеsіgn thе systеm fоr us аnd оnсе іt wаs сustоmіzеd, іt wаs muсh bеttеr. Sеаrсh funсtіоn dоеsn't аlwаys sееm tо wоrk іn thе tор nаv bаr- frustrаtіng whеn I'm tryіng tо fіnd sоmеthіng fаst аnd dоn't wаnt tо gо іntо а mоdulе tо dо іt.

Dominic

Reviewed on 25/06/2018

A good open source CRM, but lacking modernization

It allowed us as a small business to track, bill, and market to our customers and potential customers.

Pros

Of course you can't beat free when it comes to software. There are so many open-source applications out there that you can almost always find one that meets your needs in this day and age. SugarCRM has been around a long time and has become a mature CRM with all the basics you'd expect. It even handles customization fairly well. Dashboards are great for tracking the simply stuff and you can build your own as well.

Cons

SugarCRM has now split into 2 tracks. There's a paid-for premium version that is typically hosted by SugarCRM. Then there's the Community Edition that's still open-source and free. For years they co-existed side-by-side perfectly fine, but a few years back, SugarCRM decided to stop updating the Community Edition. CE is eternally stuck on version 6.5. And then in April 2018, they've removed it entirely so now you're stuck with the Pro or Enterprise editions which are paid-for.

Reviewed on 26/11/2012

Best CRM I've Ever Used

Starting at $30/user/month - this is by far the best value I've seen on the market for sales and marketing CRM software. It's not Salesforce.com which is a good thing because Sugar is easier to implement, easier to use, a fraction of the price, and does just about everything that higher end systems can do if you're creative and work with a partner to tailor the application to your business like we did.

Pros

We are a Sugar CRM reseller but this review is from my perspective as a user of this fantastic software. Most CRM is the same functionally - manage accounts, contacts, opportunities, etc. But what sets Sugar apart from the rest of them are three fundamental things:

1. Simplicity - Sugar CRM is clean. It's super easy to get any information you need without needing your IT guy to build you a custom report.

2. Customization - Every business is different and you need your CRM system to adapt to you. Sugar Studio makes tailoring your software easy - even if you're not that technical. Dare I say - even a marketing or sales person could do it.

3. Plug-Ins - There are tons of plug-and-play add-ons to extend SugarCRM in virtually any area - support desk, email marketing, and much more. We use Inbox25 for email marketing and are leaning toward InsideView for integrated list management but there are so many other options to consider.

Cons

We are using the hosted, On Demand version which limits our access to source modifications (somewhat). We have been able to work around all of these so far.

If we get to a point where we need more access to modify the underlying program we can always bring the product in-house and customize to our hearts content.

There have been a few minor bugs that we've found - certainly no more than we had in our previous CRM system but Sugar's support team had them resolved - almost immediately!

Bud
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

Easy to implement, easy to customize, product support is OUTSTANDING

Better Customer Satisfaction from effective management of touch points. Sales productivity because they spend less time doing "paperwork" and more time selling. Effective management of RGA process, Special Quotes, Purchasing, mailing literature, tracking sales activity.

Pros

Built-in development tool (Studio) and the Advanced Workflow Manager. One can have a functional, useful, robust, effective, CRM running within an hour. Getting started by importing Accounts and Contacts is easy and the software modules allows customization the meet specific business needs.

Cons

The Advanced Workflow Manager is still missing a few functions that were available in the "old" Workflow Manager. There is a plan to remove the prior Workflow, but its demise has been delayed until the SugarCRM folks fix the deficiencies.

Nathan
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Reviewed on 09/01/2017

Good CRM Tool - Self hosted using a Windows/SQL stack.

It has worked well and really empowered our sales process. For the first time, we are able to easily see where a pursuit is in the sales process. Overall, it has increased our team selling and made communication more efficient across the selling team. Sugar has a good base and framework to build out marketing automation, which is driving better market awareness and sales than before.

Pros

Sugar is easily customized and the option to host on-site is not available by a lot of other CRM providers. We are able to synchronize a lot of data from our existing business software easily by directly accessing the SQL database. With the cloud version, we would have had to write code utilizing the CRM API to synchronize everything. Building all of that would have been significantly more expensive for us.

From both the Admin and user perspectives, the software is very easy to learn and intuitive. Our users are very happy with the new software and easy it is to use.

Ryan

Reviewed on 07/11/2016

Very Customizable CRM software.

We use CRM to track our sales leads, current customer support and create mass mailing lists. It is a very powerful tool when used correctly.

Pros

It is a very robust systems that can be used for tracking customer support, sales and contact management.

Cons

Because of it customizable nature, it can be set up incorrectly by the end user. For this reason, it is very important to have someone in house that is very Sugar savvy to ensure it works the way you need it to. When updates are delivered, it commonly knocked us down for a few days while we implemented changes to make everything work again.

Jim

Reviewed on 20/03/2017

Sugar user for 5 years

Overall, Sugar has worked pretty well for us. As with most customizable software, it is all about the implementer and getting it set up well. If we had worked to get other areas more integrated, I would rate it higher. We are a smaller company (15 users), and do not have a " Sugar champion" other than the president. Reporting module is easy to use, the mobile app is (now) pretty good. We recently looked at the other major CRM apps, and chose to continue with Sugar. We are making some much needed changes to our Sugar instance, which will help with utilization.

Pros

Pretty easy to use, robust mobile app, good reporting.

Cons

Some basic functionality is missing, ie, had to write a custom report/fields to be able to see when the last time a contact was contacted (email, meeting or phone).

Cynthia
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 07/10/2021

A good CRM

Pros

SugarCRM is customizable and can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your organization .The way you can store and access customer data is intuitive . It is also easy to pull out the data you need on Excel files and then add it to the program(s) you use for analytics .

Cons

The interface on mobile is noticeably different than on desktop and the app is overall slow and buggy . You can't log in simultaneously from multiple devices .SugarCRM doesn't integrate with almost any other program and information transfers have to be done manually .

Chad
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 28/11/2017

We started using the basic online software and built it up from there. Use is up as are sales.

We understand more about the daily activities of traveling and phone based salespeople and can be regularly updated with notes. Tech work is easily tracked and shared company wide instead of being branch based. Email and phone lists are easily generated to focus on specific groups.

Pros

Both salespeople and management are able to use the information generated to increase sales and look for new opportunities.

Cons

Not being a programmer, it can sometimes take a lot of work to tweak the program to specific ideas. Integrating old information that is not in Sugar categories had to be done manually and took a lot of time, but it was worth the effort.

Ifeoma

Reviewed on 09/07/2018

Sugar is opensource and I love it.

Pros

SugarCRM is opensource this gives myself and the technical department in my organization the freedom to develop on this platfrom , without being hindered by technology ,programming language or a restricted API.
Sugar effectively manages every communication we have with sales leads and customers. Over the years ,we have been able to tweak Sugar to work with our internal sales process , thus everyone in the sales and marketing department is glad to work with our in-house improved CRM - Sugar.

Cons

The user interface is outdated ,obviously since it is open source ; it didn't come as a surprise to me. However ,barring this ; the sales department works effectively with Sugar.

Eddie
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reviewed on 22/02/2019

Great CRM for any field

This has been very useful to maintain digital client files and to monitor the work on client cases.

Pros

It can be personalized for your particular company or organization. The fields can be easily edited and it is extremely easy to run reports. The notes function is very easy to use. You can also connect emails to sugar and save emails. The calendar function is very useful as well.

Cons

There are more lags and "time outs" than I've seen with some other software. However, the issue is usally addressed fairly quickly.

Mike
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 08/01/2019

Only as good as organizational buy-in permits

Pros

Sugar really can be customized to fit any organization or department. When fully utilized, it can "connect the dots" between various siloed departments that otherwise would not share information. The record search function works well. Your mileage may vary w/r/t interface speed, but I found it to be pretty zippy as far as CRMs go.

Cons

Sugar requires a LOT of work to implement and quite a bit of training after the fact. The potential of SugarCRM is limited to the capabilities of the team using it. If the organization is less tech-savvy, you will encounter a lot of pushback as builds can be somewhat counterintuitive until you are comfortable with it. Each iteration of SugarCRM i've seen has a lot of under or non-utilized features just gathering dust. Given the cost I can conceive of better solutions.

Avishay "Jesse"
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

Awesome CRM at both the enterprise level as well as at SMB; even startups could benefit from...

Very easy to use, gives a lot of benefits for its price.

I would definitely recommend others to use it (and I do :-)).

Pros

Very easy to use, very easy to migrate data.

Adding leads to the system is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and following up is very easy since there are very good notifications that could be sent to your email (which means they could be sent to your smartphone as well, hehe :-)).

Cons

Naturally, there's a learning curve and the need to customize the system to show the right data and not an abundance of it.

Some people may think it's a little dull or outdated, especially in terms of overall UX but I think the simplicity is the key deal maker here.

Alejandro
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 01/02/2018

Have too much to config and set up, rgreat custom stuff but kinda plain and boring

if you need an online crm this can do good for you, Others are also less expensive but with less features.

Pros

Is a very good software at least the on-demand version I use. as a CRM is very good but it also tries to be a help desk and it is not. very reliable and love to extract the raw data to excel and do whatever I want with the data

Cons

Much complicated, too much to customize, and configurate, the access levels and roles are not easy to set up. takes times to deploy, and cost per seat, is kinda expensive.

Valerie
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 13/06/2018

In the past, I have been a SugarCRM administrator for a Software Sales company.

The software itself was a great place to house my data in an organized fashion. I was able to report upon the data, and additionally could assign and reassign accounts and contacts with ease. This was a value driven solution for my company at the time, since Salesforce was too pricey.

Pros

There is a lot of simplicity with using SugarCRM. It was straightforward, and user friendly. The value of the product is pretty good for what you are paying, and it is relatively easy to administer. There are different directions you can go with reporting, for example: tabular, summary and matrix report types. I integrated this CRM with Pardot Marketing Automation software and was not disappointed with the integration, as it worked pretty seamlessly together.

Cons

This CRM obviously is more economic than the likes of Salesforce - but you get what you pay for. I found it difficult to manage my duplicate records, and a lot of the bells and whistles that could potentially make your work flow easier are not present. I would consider this a "bare bones" CRM solution.