Epos Now Reviews

About Epos Now

Epos Now POS system is an effective business management, sales, and payment system for single-site, multi-site and online businesses. The system offers an extensive range of management and sales tools, with the option to expand...

3.1

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We use it to run our bar

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Crystal

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.
navroop
  • Industry: Wine & Spirits

Reviewed on 05/01/2024

Impossible to deal with

Bad.

Pros

nothing right now.

Cons

support is bad, hours on the phone nothing right now.

Top Epos Now Alternatives

Lightspeed Restaurant

Lightspeed Retail

ADRIANO

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Eposnow Eposo never again

I have been working in hospitality for 17 years and i never saw such a poor service, eposnow is not ready for hospitality the system is slow and luck a lot of features that other system have, you cant even print an item in multiple printers how ridiculous. they promised me that the credit card surcharge would have be available from September 21st but they didn't deliver, the surcharge was available only one month later and in order to charge the surcharge to customers they would have to tap their card again to pay the surcharge, so i decided to switch eftpos and now they wants to charge me a premium fee stating that i fail to mee my contractual obligation but who failed first? is just a rubbish P.O.S people don't buy this is going to ruined your business

Pros

split checks, really the fact that you can split check by covers is the only thing I like here

Cons

customer service, poor ordering proceeds, poor communication,

Lightspeed

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Just because was cheap, but i guess you got what you pay for.
Cesar

Reviewed on 26/10/2018

Good system with many feature and few limitations

Overall they are a solid company. The system is intuitive enough that I can manipulate it to carry out more functions. Still I think that there are others that are not as savvy that would prefer not to have manipulate the software so much in order to accomplish the desired result.

Pros

Price and ability to manage my system remotely their website.

Cons

For a bar, I find myself creating similar items with different costs and prices for let's say differ pour sizes for different kegs. I wish they had a template that you can create with various pour sizes and are already linked to the master product. Then you just pick the pour sizes you want and instead the cost and Price nd you're done. All from one screen.

The promotion features can be very glitch at times.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Cesar.

Thanks for leaving us a review, it's great to hear that you like the system and the remote abilities.

It sounds like the product matrix app maybe useful to you regarding your pour sizes, it's a free app and will allow you to create variants for each product for volumes. If you are interested in this app it may be worth giving us a call to run through this with you.

Replied 07/11/2018
Christopher
Christopher

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Don’t Trust EposNow

Horrible! Frustrating and letdown!

Pros

Nothing it wouldn’t work for my business

Cons

It whole system was a con! Don’t invest in it! Sales person said it would work for my business and it doesn’t complete waste of time!

Vend

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Sold by sales person epos now

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Price and was told it would work for what I wanted it to do.
Joshua

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

ePOSnow and my thoughts

It was a good few months of having the service and it was helpful in our time of need until we found another provider.
we do think that this company was better than a lot of other options out there and for somebody else it could be better suited than it was for us.

Pros

The customer service was pretty helpful, daily use of the till was pretty simple and some features that worked were helpful.

Cons

A lot of the add-ons that were paid for subscriptions would not work. Randomly would get email saying that our add-ons were uninstalled and when we come the next day they would not work.
Once you get the service and start to require more add-ons and features it will start to add up your total monthly bill.

Clover

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Loyalty program
Jeananne

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

POS system suitable for small retail outlets only

Still waiting to resolve outstanding payment issues

Pros

POSTouch screen , POS customer display. If it had of worked the intergrated eftpos

Cons

Unfortunately EPOSnow is not at all suitable for medium to large retail businesses. There are many basic functions it is not capable of doing and those that it is capable of doing mostly require you to download and pay for additional apps.
We where not able to do something as basic as print off a customer invoice on A4. It does not recognise duplicate barcodes. The eftpos system that was sold with the product does not work through our store due to its inability to accept the "basic card". Salesman's knowledge of the product was very limited, they are the experts and I feel it should have been up to them to ensure this product meet all of my business model requirements. Very disappointed and have now returned to the old POS system

Yvonne

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

A few glitches

Inventory will be easier in future.
Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store.
Taking inventory is easy.
It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work.
A manual to go with the product would be useful.
It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Michelle

Reviewed on 15/09/2016

Good experience with Epos Now

Pros

Great looking product, beautiful interface. Back office component is easy to navigate and robust. Easy to find all of the reports and data I need. A component in the back office allows you to suggest improvements to the software. We are a resale shop and this software fit my needs of being able to assign store credit to my customers.

Cons

There are a few UI areas that could use improvement but nothing too critical.
Getting a hold of customer support can be tricky, I believe they are based in the UK with support in the East Coast. I'm on the West Coast so occasionally I've had to play a bit of phone tag before getting a live person.
Because I do own a resale/consignment shop, I'm adding a lot of various products to my stock list as I set up over several months, and this has required me to sign up for a Bulk Upload app which has an extra fee associated with it. This is annoying. If you add new lines of products regularly this is likely something you'd have to do, since adding products one by one is tedious. Though they will do a bulk upload for you when you first set up for free, so if you've got your product list in advance this might not be an issue.
Because some of the features are apps it takes a while to navigate to them and open them.
This being said, these are minor complaints, when I look back at some of the other systems I did look at.

Reviewed on 18/10/2023

Hidden fees, broken promises

Horrible, difficult to use, customer services horrible, constant hidden charges on sales as well as use fees $$$$$

Pros

They don't really stand out above anyone else, so nothing really

Cons

Fees, hidden charges, difficult customer service

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Fast talking lying salesman made it sound good then we started getting hidden fees and charges added
Tatiana
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 03/09/2020

Don't Do it! Go with another POS

horrible im lucky if I get a response. Still waiting on phone calls from them its a sad company that robs people of their money.

Pros

It looks nice thats pretty much all I can say about it.

Cons

customer service is a joke, I've sent so many emails and called and keep getting bounced around. They are charging me when I didn't get my system for a month and half got my CC company set up and said I would here from Epos Now to finish the final step and nada. I even got charged for not doing the integration of the cc payment per terms and conditions which I did and called asking them to help me with the final step and nothing. I just want to be refunded bug waste of time and money. I need a new POS company and im 9 days away from opening which they know about. Don't throw your money away with this company check the BBB on them they have well over 30 complaints with similar situations.

Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The rep was good with a bunch of promises and thought it was exactly what we needed. Even [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] from Square Space had warned me
Jerica
  • Industry: Farming

Reviewed on 24/02/2017

Difficult implementation, but lots of potential

We are starting feed/retail/animal health products store, and wanted a cloud-based system with more flexibility than the dinosaur server-based systems typically used in our industry. We asked a TON of questions, demoed multiple systems, and decided Epos Now was the best fit; we've had the system for 4 months. Implementation was rough, to say the least. We were told customer service was based out of North Carolina; however, most of the reps we've talked to are very British. Nothing against Britts, but lingo is different, business is different, time zones are different- all making for minor challenges that we were not anticipating. Our implementation manager hung up on us mid-call when she had to go catch her train. We were instructed to enter products one way, then told we had to delete everything we'd entered (DAYS of work) and do it all over again. It cannot accept payments over $, which matters if you sell a large amount of product or invoice monthly. It is weight integrated, and when I was doing my initial inquisitions, made it clear that we would sell feed/seed in ounces, pounds, and tons with decimal values; the system only can measure in kilograms, which is not practical for most US applications. Manager overrides require the sales associate to log-out and the manager to log-in; an override code would be so much more efficient. However, when you actually have a client in front of you for a simple transaction, the transactions are smooth and easy. The sales interface is very user-friendly. It works great in the remote setting for pop-up shops. It was not expensive. The apps are interesting- it's nice that it makes the basic system very affordable and there are many apps available, but it is overwhelming to know which apps I need and how to use them. It could also potentially get expensive if you added many apps. As a young company, they are motivated and do continually work to improve the product and add frequent updates; however, we were told some features were a part of the system, but after purchasing the system were told that they would be available in the 'next update'. After about 2 months, we had a serious discussion about ditching this system and switching to another. We ultimately decided to stay with this system, accepting that all systems had limitations, and crossing our fingers that the worst was over. It does appear that the worst is over; however, we've only been going at this for 4 months, so ultimately time will tell.

Pros

Sales interface and usability for transactions
Overall look and style of equipment and graphics
Price for value
Mobility and Flexibility

Cons

Misleading information during demo/search process
Unreliable support during implementation
Lack of standard features and functions- units of measurement, limit on dollar amounts, etc
Confusion regarding which features are/not available via apps

Mathew

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Extremely Disappointing

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase.

Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide.

Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point???????

Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Nicole

Reviewed on 14/08/2019

Unhappy retailer

If it were easy to switch services, I would in a heartbeat. But I'm hopeful with time, they will listen to feedback and improve the product.

Pros

The back office is fairly easy to navigate for basic needs

Cons

The help/tutorial aspect of this software is greatly lacking. There are a lot of features to utilize but it's near impossible to get proper training on using them. Which leads me to my next con -

The support team is incredibly unreliable. IF you are lucky and get a good support rep, your issues may be resolved quickly. However that is a rare occurrence. I typically have to call back a few times to get issue resolved/questions answered. Add the fact that it's very common for the support reps to make mistakes in fixing "issues" and often end up making matters worse.

The bulk import feature is incredibly important to our business. But it is complicated and doesn't work properly because of what seems like a formatting/programming issue. It's been two years that we have used this product. One would think they would have fixed this issue by now. Especially because they charge for the service.

They also do not have an EBT functionality which complicates our daily report reconciliation. That has been on their "project" list for some time now. Maybe one day?

Vicky

Reviewed on 08/01/2021

Never buy EPOS and don't bother buying if you are in Canada

I will strongly recommend this product to people I hate and let them suffer.

Pros

I hate the system. We add inventory and the system will not pick items when customers are standing in line. Not only this is irritating, it becomes embarrassing also.

Cons

Everything. The screen will not work if sunlight is coming on the screen or even nearby. In Canada, I can't add certain taxes and fees. I can't get a detailed end of day report that separates my sales types by-products. Lottery redemption is a huge task and customers complain of wait times. Don't ask about customer service. You need something, UK customer service will call you in the middle of the night. I received my box and I was promised a customer display (please not although they will show you it is not included) am going back and forth with customer service for the last 2 months and they still have not given it to me. Their employees will tell you "yes, we are misleading, but it is not included in your base price". And good luck dealing with customer support. I have decided to move my services to some other service provider because Epos Now will not take care of my grievances and I don't have time and courage to deal with their customer support because they simply don't care. AND ONE VERY IMPORTANT THING. DON'T GET INTO THEIR SALES TACTICS AND USE EVO PAY AS YOUR PAYMENTS PROVIDER. TRUST US, YOUR MONEY WILL NOT BE DEPOSITED IN YOUR ACCOUNT ON DAILY BASIS AND THEIR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS CLOSED ON WEEKENDS. EPOS NOW EMPLOYEES WILL MAKE $2K AS COMMISSION BUT YOUR LIFE WILL BE SPENT IN DEALING WITH EPOS NOW AND EVO PAY CUSTOMER SUPPORT.

Matthew
  • Industry: Printing

Reviewed on 12/02/2019

Very useful system for SME

Very Good. It has helped us total our end of day sales and with the breakdown of items and sold we can easily separate the Vatable sales saving time for our accounts team.

Pros

The software is easy to use and can be edited to suit your business needs with time saving folders. It also has a very user friendly interface that can be picked up in minutes making it great for getting new employees up to speed

Cons

Updating the software was a little tricky but with the help of the telephone team this issue was resolved pretty quickly.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Matthew.

Thank you for leaving us a business review, we take all feedback seriously and use this to help continually learn and grow and provide the best customer service possible.

The simplicity of our front end system is a real unique selling point making it easy to train staff and adapt for personal / business preference. The backend provides intuitive reporting about
profitability, revenue, staff or products analysis by location, staff members or across the whole business.This allows you to figure out what¿s working and what isn¿t to make actionable changes which will boost your bottom line.

I understand that updating the system was a little tricky, I'm pleased to hear that our award winning support staff were able to support you through this.

If you wish to provide any additional feedback please email [email protected]

Replied 21/02/2019
Fong Ching

Reviewed on 20/10/2023

My Terrible Experience with EPOS Now

In short, don’t let EPOS Now’s initial low cost fool you. Between their poor support, misleading billing, and substandard software, it's a trap. Reduce stress and stay away from EPOS Now.

Pros

Nothing like most about Epos Now, everything not satisfied, terrible experience

Cons

When looking for a cost-effective POS solution for my business, I was attracted by the attractive offer from EPOS Now. However, the next year was filled with frustrations and unexpected expenses.Attractive offers, low support: EPOS Now's low-cost advertising is eye-catching. They provided me with hardware, software, and even a "1-year premium support license." However, this support has been dismal. Slow responses and ineffective solutions became the norm.Billing Error: Their P400 system incorrectly billed me despite specifying the EFTPOS machine I selected (Tyro). To correct this, they hid the terms and made me wait two months before canceling. They keep charging me, but even though I paid, I am not able to login my account.Software issues: Their software was disappointing: slow, buggy, and inefficient, especially in a retail environment.

Steve
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 29/11/2018

Best Epos system on the market

If your looking for a new Epos system that does exactly what it says on the box and some, makes your life much simpler and keeps your staff and customers very happy with how easy the system
Is to operate then I suggest you pick up the phone and call Eposnow - and tick one more of those to-do boxes - sorted And finally to name names credit where credits due - Olly mate your awesome - thankyou soo much for all your help with the tech stuff and your programming and knowledge of the system is awesome, so a personal thankyou goes out to you especially but also all the other members of the time from start to finish - well done guys

Pros

Straight forward to use with logical operating system integrates with other systems easily and seemlessly - the team at Eposnow offer second to none support with full programming and setup assistance on and off site - they set it all up remotely for me and when the day of changeover came it’s was literally 5mins and the old out of date system was out and my brand new all singing all dancing Eposnow system was up and taking money ! - the after support has been awesome not that there has been any issues but a few small tweaks here and there - my chefs love it seperate printers for each course clear easy to understand tickets, it also allows me to use the tab function to use as my hotel rooms and bill transfers happen easily. Back office is easy to navigate and gives me real time information, my specials are set up and are simple to amend each day - I can’t fault it

Cons

Extreme hostility was experienced but not from these guys - it was from my old Epos solution company when I told them I was leaving - telling me I’d made a huge mistake and I won’t get any support or help - this was the exact reason I left them and went to the guys at Eposnow - I won’t mention names but if they, as I do keep an eye on the competition, and they read this they need to take a good long look at the guys at Eposnow and how they really look after their customers - they might learn something.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Steve.

Thank you for leaving a review of Eposnow. We are really pleased to hear that the transition to ourselves has gone well and we are really excited to work with you and your business in the future.

I will make sure Olly gets to see your review, he is a really great asset to us at Eposnow.

Replied 11/12/2018
Richard
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 23/03/2021

Buyer Beware!!

Absolutely Horrible and dishonest

Pros

Friendly Customer Service Staff. Albeit their hands are tied they can do nothing to help you!

Cons

Buyer Beware Epos Now WILL SCAM YOU!! I was warned by others and because of the price-point of their system I did not listen! Please don't make the same mistakes I've made!

I started by filling out a simple general interest in POS systems on Instagram and Epos aggressively stayed after me. Their sales staff are high pressure! I explained from the outset that my business was still under construction and I didn't need a system yet. I was assured that if I purchased their hardware, I would not be charged until I activated it. As of today, March 23, 2021 I've been charged every single month! I have tried since December to get this account paused and stop being charged. I've been promised every single week since the first charge that they would "pause," and refund the charges. Their staff are kind to you on the phone but they have not intentions in fixing this! They will lie to you to get your business, and God help you if you need to resolve a problem! Sure, they will answer the phone and promise that they are "investigating" the issue. They don't mean it!! Covid-19 has assaulted my business in so many ways in 2020 and I don't need a high pressure sales team lying to me and then whilst I'm still not open charge me every single month for a service I'm not prepared yet to use! I have asked since January to shut the account down. NOTHING! February, NOTHING, March, NOTHING! They are still investigating my claim! Hmmm. Please, go to other POS companies.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Price of entry; high pressure sales
Ray

Reviewed on 20/04/2021

Poor Support & Implementation

I've run several small businesses for the past 30 years and this is absolutely the worst software decision I've made, the platform and support are just horrible.

Pros

Unfortunately, there is not a lot to like I moved from NCR Silver which was exceptional and unfortunately, EPOS does not compare.

Cons

The assignment of modifiers is incredibly poor it's an overly complicated process that's just not necessary. NCR Silver has a much better method, simply easy to follow and time-efficient. There is no training mode, a rather obvious omission. The back office is like something coded in the '80s the screen does not even resize to your desktop! you have to extend your desktop to about 4 times its width and then scroll across, you cannot see all the options on the screen, ridiculous. The integration process is handled by multiple departments and wastes so much time. My transition from NCR had multiple errors and you don't know who to call to solve the issues. The call centre is non-existant you call and are just put on hold, in comparison you call NCR and you are put straight through to a real human and your issues are resolved.

Simon

Reviewed on 29/09/2022

This company is a scam!

Bottom line - run away as fast as you can. Eposnow is THE worse company I've ever dealt with by a significant margin. You think Telco's are hard to deal with, try and get support from these guys!

After purchasing the product and buying two tills (cost of over $1200 NZD), the communication from the sales rep and my 'allocated' technical support person vanished completely. During the sales process he was quick to respond, but as soon as they had my money, ALL communication stopped. Calling his number went through to the 'help desk', which was just an on hold service. I waited 1.5 hours and then got disconnected. This happened several times.

When I did a sales enquiry (with the goal of trying to get in contact with my original sales guy) - they were quick to respond, but on asking to talk to him, there was ZERO response - all comms stopped. Still waiting on his call after 5 weeks. My tech guy has also vanished.

They wanted me to setup a Direct Debit for 12 months, and for this, offered a deal on the hardware which I accepted, but after 5 weeks, I still haven't received anything. This company is a SCAM!

You cannot email anyone, and if you do have an email (i.e. my sales guy) you never get a response.

I have sent over 7 emails over 5 weeks to my sales rep and support person asking them for support or some contact, but still ZERO response. The last two emails I told them that if I didn't hear from them within 48 hours, I would cancel my contract and seek a full refund of all

Pros

It seemed like it would work for us, but the customer service was TERRIBLE. The till software was slow and the management software has some major bugs.

Cons

How slow it was and buggy. The load time for the till was over 30 seconds.

Reviewed on 13/02/2017

Eposnow is a phenomenal software!

We began as a very simple bookstore, with only a couple hundred products, and thus very easy to manage. Later on, as the business grew, I realized we needed to move into the future and purchase a point of sale. Eposnow has filled that need like only they can. We originally were bogged down by the fact that some of our books had no barcodes. They were able to teach us to barcode our products, and we could use them in tandem with the pre-barcoded books! Fluid and simple, and very excited for the new update!

Pros

Everything! Easy to use, straightforward, dependable, cheap, and powerful! I've never had such an easy experience with technology, and all of my hardware has worked seamlessly with the software!

Cons

Honestly, no cons. I wish there was more customizability, but a few of my feature votes have come through such as preauthorization, so the feature voting system does work well! I also was bothered by the quality of some of the training videos, but since they were free I wasn't too surprised. The customer display sometimes reads the wrong price.

Adam

Reviewed on 01/01/2022

Fine pos for features and functionality, terrible support, and bug filled

Starting out great. Software worked, it grew as we grew. About halfway in, we started getting bugs, errors, breakdowns. Sometimes they were resolved, some we are still dealing with today. In almost every scenario when dealing with customer services (except for UK team, they are great) I have had a terrible experience. Mostly from representatives who don't know the software well enough or flat out not being able to fix issues. Dev team may have been changed since we started as the multitude of updates with bugs/issues/errors has increased exponentially. Great software, just poorly managed/programmed.

Pros

Good variety of features and highly customizeable.

Cons

Probably the worst over customer experience I have had across any industry. And this is not after one bad experience, this is spanning 3+ years

Geoff

Reviewed on 05/09/2018

Hopeless Company

Pros

No Pros! Support & Customer Service hopeless. Not sure how a company is legally allowed to offer a solution that does not work!

Cons

Now been using this company for 2 years and they still have not managed to integrate our Magento system with the Epos Now till. They have outsourced this to 3 different companies during this time, all have been very amateur and have failed! It has cost my company thousands. Absolutely disgusted with the level of service we have received. Over the last 2 years we have gone trough a number of Epos Now staff, as they are constantly leaving. Will be seeking legal advise! If you have got a Magento system KEEP CLEAR of this company! They offer a solution that does not work!!!