About Epos Now

Epos Now is a business management system for small to mid-sized enterprises. In addition to its point-of-sale module, the solution also offers integrated product and inventory management, customer management, reporting and...

3.3
3.6
3.3

Browse Epos Now Reviews

Reviewed on 10/02/2020

We use it to run our bar

We use it daily to run the bar at our sports club and it works for us.

Pros

All seems to work as you would expect. Adding products is simple, the reports are good. As we are a sports club, we can also add our members so they can load up with credit.

Cons

We haven't found anything in particular that doesn't work. Customer services always help quickly if there is an issue.

Crystal

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

A great tool for any business

This software has made my book keeping a thousand times easier.

Pros

I like that it is user friendly and the back office functions make my paperwork so much easier to navigate.

Cons

Slow to load and could have better options for integrating rewards and gift certificates.

Lightspeed Retail

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

The price was right and the reps were very helpful and informative.
Nicole

Reviewed on 24/01/2023

Beware !!

Shocking, terrible

Pros

Nothing at all !! All of this is terrible

Cons

They change the amount for priceing and once you pay you are entered into a contract there is no cooling off period that’s how much they believe in there own system they like to trap you in it beware !!!!

Top Epos Now Alternatives

Jeananne

Reviewed on 24/01/2022

POS system suitable for small retail outlets only

Still waiting to resolve outstanding payment issues

Pros

POSTouch screen , POS customer display. If it had of worked the intergrated eftpos

Cons

Unfortunately EPOSnow is not at all suitable for medium to large retail businesses. There are many basic functions it is not capable of doing and those that it is capable of doing mostly require you to download and pay for additional apps.
We where not able to do something as basic as print off a customer invoice on A4. It does not recognise duplicate barcodes. The eftpos system that was sold with the product does not work through our store due to its inability to accept the "basic card". Salesman's knowledge of the product was very limited, they are the experts and I feel it should have been up to them to ensure this product meet all of my business model requirements. Very disappointed and have now returned to the old POS system

Yvonne

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

A few glitches

Inventory will be easier in future.
Tracking daily sales and product sales is easier.

Pros

It is easy for the staff to use when doing cash in the store.
Taking inventory is easy.
It looks good - and is easily understood.

Cons

There are some small problems in reporting which need further work.
A manual to go with the product would be useful.
It doesn't link easily with Moneris credit card system with the Bank of Montreal.

Christopher

Reviewed on 22/02/2021

Don’t Trust EposNow

Horrible! Frustrating and letdown!

Pros

Nothing it wouldn’t work for my business

Cons

It whole system was a con! Don’t invest in it! Sales person said it would work for my business and it doesn’t complete waste of time!

Vend

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

Sold by sales person epos now

Reasons for Switching to Epos Now

Price and was told it would work for what I wanted it to do.
Amanda

Reviewed on 06/10/2016

Epos Now for new gift store

I purchased Epos Now for my new store, and overall I've been extremely satisfied with the program. I purchased the software and hardware (except magnetic strip), and for the price the software is unbeatable. Epos's sales and support team are just a call away 24/7, and have been great to work with.

Pros

The product is really user friendly, and tracks inventory, payroll and taxes. Plus it keeps track of trending products, low stock items, and allows you to run promotions for specific time frames.

Cons

I haven't figured out how to create a promotion that only applies if a customer brings in a coupon I've ran in the local paper. Example: Discount of 15% on any purchase of $35 or more.
I can set up a promotion like this but it will apply to any transaction over $35. The support team at Epos is trying to figure out away around this

Henry
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 11/10/2019

Epos Experience

Experience has been good. Live support team has been very very helpful

Pros

Easy to use Once you get the hang of it but I am not a techie so it took me a little while

Cons

Actually it’s a lot more detailed than my business requires so for me it took some time to customize it to my business

Richard

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Cobourg yacht Club

The experience has been a positive one. Would have loved to go ahead with the credit card integration but the experience with EVO was horrible. I certainly hope no other EPos user goes with EVO

Pros

Support is great and prompt. Loved the training.

Cons

Add ons are overpriced. We looked at the customer loyalty option and the Quick Books option but both required a monthly fee.
The credit card integration with EVO was a complete and utter failure and a support nightmare for our bar manager. I must add that the issue wasn't with EPos but rather the dismall support system at EVO.

Philip
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 30/05/2022

More trouble than it's worth

Lost countless sales due to software failure. Long wait times for customer service, so I wait on hold while I fumble with the UI. It's embarassing, and stressful for my staff. This happens about once per month.

Pros

Good visual design
Customer reps try with what they are given

Cons

Crashes constantly
Doesn't connect to anything consistently
Difficult to interface with

Mathew

Reviewed on 06/08/2020

Extremely Disappointing

I am so disappointed in EPOS NOW support. My system is running extremely slow and my staff and customers are complaining. Support tried everything they could and even sent a replacement computer. Neither has worked. I reached out to their online community and was told support would call me. That was 3 weeks ago. Software is buggy and and the IBC integration has issues completing the sale on EPOS. I have called IBC and they have assured me the issue lies with EPOS. Have requested call backs and raised tickets and no response. Regretting this purchase.

Thank you for your response but guess what...still no call or response from your team. I will be contacting AMERICAN EXPRESS and refusing charges until such time your company can provide the service I am paying you for and you agreed to provide.

Since my last update 1 week ago, I received a call from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who was very helpful. He took a video of my system running very slowly and a copy of the system logs. He said they would get back to me and here we are 1 week later with no response. This is becoming a real pain in the a**. This is not right and not the way any customer should be treated. How do I go about getting a full refund at this point???????

Another update, still no response from anyone at EPOS. Complete Radio Silence. Our IBC terminal stops working many times a day now and our system is unassigning the license at least once a day. The problems keep piling up and no one responds from EPOS.

Pros

I like the User Interface but thats about it.

Cons

The constant problems. My system runs so slow my staff does nothing but complain about it. It takes 5 to 10 senconds for the cash drawer to open. The systems boots us out at least once a day. The IBC integration is a joke. I have assured by IBC that the issue lies with EPOS. Customer service does not exist. We cant get through to anyone, return phone calls do not happen and requesting service via a web ticket does not work either. Currently in the process of refusing all charges from EPOS until the issues are resolved.

Erick
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 31/12/2018

Customer Service

While attempting to intergrade a new payment processing company, I could not have been more pleased with the service and assistance I received from support team. Team treated me with the upmost courtesy and respect that all customer service representatives should deliver to their customers. From start to finish, they were there to assist me the entire way through what should have been an easy setup but were able to overcome all the obstacles that came up along the way. Thank you so much for your help and I am so happy knowing I have their team available to assist me in the future.

Pros

Professional, courtesy and respectful to their customers. Representatives go out of their way to assure the problem you are experiencing is resolved 100%

Cons

there is not anything I can think of at this time that would classify as a con based on all the positive experiences I have had dealing with their IT department as of late.

Response from James

Thank you for your 5 star business review of the service interactions you have had with us, it's really great to receive positive feedback from our customers.

We are striving every day to improve our customer service, we understand that some of the more technical aspects of our systems can require detailed explanations where patients and courtesy are required to promote great working relationships.

As one of our standard support customers please feel free to contact us if you have any further questions or require any further assistance.

We looking forward to hearing from you.

Replied 15/01/2019
Derek

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

Glitches

Pros

Fairly user friendly , great customer service

Cons

The number of glitches, ie. Past orders popping up out of nowhere.

TouchBistro

Reasons for Choosing Epos Now

The company went out of business

Cost
Nicola
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 16/02/2018

I've been using EposNow for 2 years, I would greatly recommend!

I literally do not know what I would do without EposNow, I would recommend them to anyone and have done in the past! We had a problem with our cashdrawer and it was replaced the following day. I've recently got very involved with going deeper into stock levels and master products and am very impressed with everything I can do!

Pros

Insights into sales, stock, customer loyalty all on dashboard and easy to read.
There is so much I can do in the back office, I'm still learning new things 2 years on and am still very impressed with what I am able to do!
Support are brilliant, always very friendly and helpful.
There is a feature vote where you can submit any suggestions for the system and users vote on features they would like to see.
The apps that integrate are very useful and there is something for everything you could think of!
I can access the back office from anywhere, I love this, it means I can work from home and keep up to date with sales.

Cons

Support do take a while to answer your call, although I have only noticed this recently.
Their stationary (till rolls etc can seem a little pricey) but you aren't bound to buy from them.

Sherry

Reviewed on 04/11/2019

After one year

Pros

Great tech support, cusromizable software.

Cons

There is no user manual, and the "guide me" feature is limited

Square Point of Sale and Clover

Outdated software, price
Adam

Reviewed on 25/07/2018

The perfect solution for my business

Pros

The software is so easy to use, has fantastic features and allows me to keep control of my business. The support is fabulous and the staff go the extra mile to assist with anything.

Cons

epos Now are constantly listening to feedback so the software is improving all the time. The system works wel for me so there's nothing I could say that needs to improve at the moment.

Response from Naiomi

Hello Adam,

Thank you for taking the time to leave such a lovely review. I am so glad to hear that you have enjoyed using the software and have taken full advantage of our lovely support team. It is always fantastic to hear that our updates have been so well received and I look forward to hearing more from you in the future.

Kind Regards,

Naiomi

Replied 01/08/2018
Virginia
  • Industry: Dairy

Reviewed on 27/02/2019

A great POS and back end solution

I have very few negative things to say about EPOS Now. We love it! I wish there was more customization / versatility for making labels. We desperately need to be able to use the Deliveroo, but only have one location. Please review this and come up with a reasonable amount we can pay to use it. Also would like to see more add on app dev.

Pros

Ease of use, great support, versatility - takes VERY LITTLE training. Love that it works with Paypal.

Cons

Limitations on creating labels, lack of ecommerce interface - we only have one location and really need Deliveroo.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Virginia.

Thank you for leaving us a fantastic review, i'm so pleased to read that you would recommend us.

We take all feedback seriously and use this to improve the products and services we offer to our customers.

Your feedback regarding labels we are aware of and this is on our road map for delivery this year. I would direct you to use the feature vote option in your back office to push the priority level of this development as this will help to get it delivered sooner.

We do have Deliveroo functionality, however you will require a verified Deliveroo account before this can be integrated, this will need to be arranged by Deliveroo themselves. If you already have an account with Deliveroo then please contact us to discuss further.

Thank you once again for your review and if we can be of any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Replied 28/02/2019
Stephen

Reviewed on 15/08/2017

Incredible service !

Pros

Incredible service! We have been using the services of Epos now since starting our site shop 18 months ago - the product has proved excellent over this time, and i must say that the service from the support team most recently was incredible. We are only a small company but he really took the time to go through every aspect of our reporting process, and answering our queries Many thanks indeed

Cons

There aren't many bad things to say apart from maybe the software releases can cause some issues every so often

Dan

Reviewed on 21/07/2018

Do not purchase if you are in the hospitality industry.

Pros

The ability to completely control the back office. We are able to enter new products, adjust pricing, calculate profit margin, run specials, etc with no assistance from the company itself.

Cons

This software was NEVER designed for the hospitality industry. We have had multiple occasions where tickets with tips will not close and we have not been able to collect those credit card tips. Since this is not the server's issue, the business has to pay the server their tips and then eat the cost when the ticket won't close. In speaking with the company, their only excuse is that tipping is not customary in the UK so it wasn't designed for that and they are "working" on it. We also ordered a case (10 rolls or800 meters) of printer tape from them. They sent us 270 meters of tape and tried to claim the rolls were larger and we got all the paper we paid for. I found their supplier and was able to order 50 ROLLS. Complete rip off. When I called to tell them I wanted to return their 4 rolls of tape and get a refund, the customer service rep actually laughed. I would never buy this system again and am currently saving money in an effort to replace it so I can sink the system in the bottom of our local lake.

Response from Epos Now

Hello Mr Davis,

I am sorry to hear about the experience you have had with your hospitality solution. It is a shame to hear your feedback as we have a significant number of hospitality companies all over the world who have found our system to work seamlessly.

I am keen to resolve this issue for you. Please, could you provide your account number so that I can look into this further for you?

Many Thanks,

Naiomi

Replied 23/07/2018
Mary
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 08/10/2019

Product Review

Prior to Epos Now, we had unstable software which was not user friendly for our employees. We now can provide fast and efficient training to our employees and know we can easily troubleshoot any issues that arise.

Pros

This software has provided us with a stable POS system to manage our on-site stores, including our inventory management, which has increased sales. Also, the technical staff has been very helpful answering questions in a timely manner.

Cons

Can't even think of anything at this time!

Valentina
  • Industry: Restaurants

Reviewed on 16/12/2017

Good system and good customer service

Pros

I spent a lot of time researching POS systems before opening my cafe next year and I finally settled on Epos Now due to a good mix of price and functionalities. During the first phase they walked me through the system and company and made sure I was taken care of through all stages of my signing up process, thank you! The company offers 30 days free training when you purchase the software and I was lucky enough to get allocated to one of the rep. Besides being a bubbly personality and always in a good mood (which is not so easy to find in general) she was extremely patient with me asking the same questions over and over again and she explained the software's main functionalities with clarity and confidence. In just a few sessions we set up my whole menu on the system and the way it will appear on the till so all I have left to do now is plug in the hardware before opening and I'm good to go! Based on the service received so far I would definitely recommend Epos Now.

Reviewed on 04/03/2021

Dreadful support of a non functioning system

Dreadful and extremely costly. Possibly the worst in over 30 years of working in Epos. As a consultant advising on Epos / Accounting selections for retailers of a single store through to significant multiple site/till configurations i could never recommend such a product confidently when it fails at its its most basic level.

In very short space of time became apparent that the product did not meet its claimed functionality and was creating significant challenge for the client and a decision to halt the project at significant cost and resort to its former system.

Pros

Not Much to define it above anything else in a crowded marketplace of average solutions.

Cons

With over 30 years in the Epos industry, both supply and executive user, Brought in to effect the conversion and integration of accounting systems for existing Eposnow solution. On representation of links to Xero and with other systems integrated elsewhere to the platform in the business all attempts to link were painful. !st line support were unable to fix and any higher support was not accessible. Insistence that the problem was Xero for over a week was frustrating until eventually a functioning link was established to the API (not a Xero problem).
Then the problems really started. Transactionally the information flows to Xero were flawed and did not balance to reality. The posting of sales invoices to the accounting ledger made no reference to defined accounting structure, created spurious entries and gave no meaningful method by which reconciliation could be achieved.

Larry

Reviewed on 17/10/2021

Terrible customer service

Terrible support. Very slow system. Not good for take out pizzeria, or any business that is fast paced.
Do not buy.

Pros

Nothing. If the system doesn’t work, what good is it?

Cons

Customer service is terrible. Waited on phone for 2 hours as my system crashed. Spoke to 1 person who was a note taker, not even support. Was told they would connect me to support and they just hung up. Would not recommend. Terrible, slow and no support. Do not purchase!

Robert
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 19/06/2017

8 months later rounding error stumps an entire company

We purchased our system about 8 months ago. We have a retail and service business. When we do a transaction the till rounds up the product total (where $2.00 + $2.00= $4.01 as an exact example) so that the amount charged to the customer is wrong more than 80% of the time. I have spoken to more than 6 employees about our issue. All appear concerned, but still 8 months later our 'cash register' is not accurate. In a financial based industry like POS it seems to me like that would be extremely high in the degree of importance, but to EPOSNOW it seems to be an insurmountable problem as they can not seem to get it right. All I hear are excuses and promises that it will be fixed in April and then in May and now we are halfway through June and still nothing. How can EPOSNOW be in this business and not be accurate? Get it fixed and stop making excuses.

Pros

It's easy to use. Adding products to the till appears to be pretty easy. Many of the features are also easy to use. Pulling reports for anytime it is also very easy.

Cons

The rounding errror is inexcusable. The data base feature is not user friendly at all. The parameters for printing labels is also very rigid and not user-friendly.

Kevin
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Reviewed on 13/03/2019

Epos Now retail software

Pros

The customer support is the best thing about EposNow. The reps were always available to make sure that everything worked 100% the way we needed. Many thanks!

Cons

There are no specific defects or problems with the software.

Response from Hakim

Hi Kevin,

Thank you for your review.

We are pleased to see that you are enjoying your EPOSNOW system.

We are always looking to improve our product for our customers therefore your feedback is invaluable.

Our team are aware of your requests and if we come up with anything further to tailor your needs, we will of course let you know.

Kind regards,