About CareerBuilder

Talentstream Recruit from CareerBuilder helps organizations find and match the right talent with the right opportunity by providing a flexible recruitment management solution. Talentstream Recruit combines the features of a...

Browse CareerBuilder Reviews

Sujata D.

Reviewed on 14/01/2019

Best job portal

I use career builder daily and it's a fantastic tool to search non technical professional.

Pros

I use this job portal daily. It is easy to use in short a user friendly product.It also helps the recruiter with the similar job titles which helps in the search.

Cons

The advance search of this portal should be improved

Reviewed on 29/10/2019

Great system, great ease of use and functionality but lacks candidates to make it worth it

It was a great system, and we enjoyed using it, but after working on it for some time, we realized it did not provide a better solution than or other systems and it was too expensive to be worth keeping.

Pros

It has a great interface, it is easy to learn and use, fast load times, and a lot of different easy action on every page is easy to work on a team, and make sure that everyone is always on the same page.

Cons

Even though everything works perfectly, tracking and managing the people on the system when it comes to the pool of candidates and the amount of them that come through the postings it becomes an expensive system since it does not give the return for the investment since it's lacking on hits from local and available candidates.

Indeed

Reasons for Choosing CareerBuilder

It was better when it came to managing, usage, teamwork, and notes on the system but it did not provide the same amount of visibility to our brand and positions, neither did it provide the same return for the investment.

ZipRecruiter

Reasons for Switching to CareerBuilder

The price offered, and a great sales pitch.
Tiffany A.

Reviewed on 24/12/2020

New "upgraded" system is useless

Felt sort of like we were tricked into signing back up to be honest. After another account manager took over out account we had a much better customer service experience, but product quality was just not worth keeping our subscription

Pros

The only pro after they changed their entire product is that we still had access to the old search dashboard for a little while. I believe that feature has been removed.

Cons

They have a good idea, but the execution fails completely. In their new system, they attempt to incorporate social sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, GitHub, etc.) into search results when sourcing. But there is no way to ensure this new expanded pool of candidates are even looking for a job. They could have simply changed their employment information on Facebook or accidently clicked on their CareerBuilder app, and it populates them as a new job seeker. So much time wasted on people not looking for new opportunities. Also kept populating resumes that has NOTHING to do with the Boolean string or keyword entered (Boolean strings and keywords that worked just fine on other job boards). I'll stop there, because the ability to find relevant candidates who are open to a discussion about new opportunities are the two most basic needs of every recruiter, and CareerBuilder, in my experience at least, met neither.

Monster TMS

Reasons for Switching to CareerBuilder

We had used both in the past and had a better experience with CareerBuilder. We were unaware that CareerBuilder had changed it's entire product before reactivating our subscription.

Top CareerBuilder Alternatives

Blair B.

Copy, paste, repeat...

Pros

Careerbuilder has been around for along time, so it offers one of the most vast databases out there.

Cons

It is clunky and less streamlined that its competitors that have become more popular over the years. A lot of the resumes found on Careerbuilder can be found on other ATS systems.

Frantz C.

Reviewed on 15/02/2021

CareerBuider Works

I think the CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking tools is great on many levels. When I first started using it, the industry was different, now I find myself using for certain post.

Pros

I discover CareerBuilder to be simple, solid, and give sufficient data, that doesn't cause you to feel like you have burned through your time, subsequently adding to your as of now stress.

Cons

Evidently, anybody can see my resume and data however I have no security. Surely checks that the applicant is qualified. Profession Builder doesn't.

Blake B.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Similar to Indeed or Monster if you've ever used them

It performed decently -- we published a job ad and received applications. We subsequently followed up and CareerBuilder helped us manage the process virtually.

Pros

The UI is similar to other career websites like Indeed or Monster.com. Different types of people visit different sites and you can get your job ad out in front of a different type of audience than Indeed.

Cons

It shares the same issues as other similar platforms whereas most of the applicants aren't seriously interested in your job -- they're just applying to apply. As long as you don't believe the platform will be a recruitment silver bullet, you'll do fine.

Monster TMS and Indeed

Reasons for Switching to CareerBuilder

We've used all of them -- each has its own pros and cons.
Chad C.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 01/11/2018

Most Results for Recruiting

Overall this tool is great and the most used Job Board in our business. We are within the staffing space and without access to CareerBuilder we would not be successful.

Pros

The number of results/candidates that CareerBuilder has is what stands this tool out compared to others. Also, the user-friendliness of the UI is positive. The website is very easy to use and provides plenty of potential applicants. The filtering is also great and the candidates seem to be up to date for the most part.

Cons

There is not any vetting of candidates or resumes. You will get a large number of duplicate candidates or resumes. Also, there are a lot of shops that post generic resumes that do not have any contact information. I wish that CB required at least a active phone number or email address.

Kimberlee M.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great candidate search software

Great site and overall experiences are above and beyond

Pros

I like most that it's easy to search for qualified candidates and integration of other software to careerbuilder

Cons

No least likes about Careerbuilder as it is great as is

Casey L.

Career Builder - An Easy to Use way to find candidates

Overall, I like this program and the ease of use with minimal training needed

Pros

This is a very easy platform to utilize

Cons

I wish more candidates would utilize the program b/c that lessens the amount of attraction there tends to be

Melissa T.

Reviewed on 24/12/2021

Ease of Use is #1

It's given me the ability to weed out unqualified candidates quickly. I enjoy that it is a pretty straight forward program and easy to use.

Pros

The platform is extremely simple to use. There are lots of tips and help is readily available when needed.

Cons

Wish the programs purchased rolled over but other than that I can't think of anything in need of improvement in the capacity I use it.

Shaun P.
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

The new Careerbuilder is awesome!

I am overall impressed by the redesign and overall ease of use in regards to Careerbuilder. I had previously left due to the glitches that were not addressed on the site, but now I shall further continue to use this service. It's free and the site does a good job of networking a person out there and highlighting their resume to employers.

Pros

Finally, Careerbuilder has ironed out all the glitches that it previously was struggling with in the past. The beauty of this site is the fact it offers "Easy Apply" which you can " One-click" apply to most jobs once your resume is posted.

One thing I do love about Careerbuilder is the fact that they do a great job of marketing out your resume to larger audiences. There is an option to apply to "job recommendations" that the site offers, in which you can apply to like 15 jobs at once that are similar to the one you originally applied too.

Cons

It may take a quick adjustment to get used to the new interface but otherwise, the transition can be smooth after spending some time with it. Before there was terrible glitches in the past and it's great to see that they are no longer affecting my job search.

Jesenia T.

Reviewed on 05/12/2019

I love it so much I bought it

I used the free version and AVG together for the longest time and ended up paying for this one for active protection (it catches viruses while I use it instead of only when I run scans) because it seemed to catch more problems.

Pros

I love how it caught viruses other programs didn't, and I like it so much I made it my active protection and paid for it.

Cons

I haven't found anything that other anti-virus does better.

AVG Antivirus Business Edition

Reasons for Choosing CareerBuilder

Malwarebytes seemed to catch more viruses.
Becca R.

Reviewed on 26/08/2019

Applicant Tracking Done Right

For my business, and personal time to fill on requisitions, CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking has been pretty awesome. I find that I am still finding the candidates I wish to target without the use of multiple systems, without extra stress, and tons of time/effort spent. I would absolutely recommend this product to anyone working in meticulous hiring practices, as it has been essential to my everyday sourcing needs.

Pros

I feel that ease of use is the most attractive feature about CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking. As someone who is very much used to utilizing multiple different platforms to source on a daily basis, the ability to use this one singularly and still find many of the same potential candidates I would across several others is fantastic. I feel like this gives me "time back in my day," something that my company highly values and pushes wherever possible.

Cons

I will say that of all applicant tracking systems/mining sites, this one presents as a little clunky. While the resume database is expansive and finding different candidates through boolean strings is efficient, it's not the most visually appealing site in the same regard. The information could be presented in a more streamlined way, similarly to Indeed, and I think that would make it slightly more user friendly. Quite honestly though, there isn't a whole lot of negative in the use of this software.

Stefan G.

Reviewed on 30/04/2019

Career builder - Your go to portal for all your recruitment needs!

Career Builder is a good search engine and research tool for employers/recruiters that have to supply towards the every increasing demand of the business market. It also helps me reach alot of candidates that do not apply through other sources that we currently use.
Greatly Recommended despite a few cons.

Pros

I have been using this portal to screen candidates and the best feature to use here is you can refine your search based on the number of years for the skill you are looking for or the industry that you need them to come from. They also have a huge data base that in turn gives you a huge lot of qualified candidates to pick from. You also receive a decent number of responses from candidates since the notification feature helps you keep track of all the activity on this portal.

Cons

There are not too many but i do come across the part where I run out of the number of Job postings on the portal and then have to buy more postings.
They also have a daily limit on the number of resumes you can view in a day. Also another con but i know that this will only get better depending on the plan you choose to buy.
The portal does not allow you to bulk send resume to review later. You will have to flip them one by one which is just time consuming.

Christopher E.

Reviewed on 30/08/2019

Career Builder Applicant Tracking System is Phenomenal

This software utilizes the top of the line industry technology to help recruiters and job seekers attain positive results in the staffing industry. I am very impressed with the overall ease of use, and results given when you are properly trained on the system.

Pros

This software helps with tracking, applicant processing and sourcing, as well as the capabilities of utilizing their own drug screening and background check services. Overall, I really like the many uses of its technology and functionality, and the ease of use when properly trained. They have in house training seminars and support and everything that has to do with technical support is easily available and ready to help you in the job searching, and recruiting functions.

Cons

Some of the systems many technical and support systems have glitches every once in a while, which is common to applicant tracking systems these days. There is a lot to learn and usage could be problematic if you are not trained properly on this system. The cost is also fairly steep with it's competitors. But honestly, you do get what you pay for with additional helpful features.

Devita K.

Reviewed on 17/04/2018

CareerBuilder was an easy, unique and amazing website. It givesi wanted me a lot of options.

This search engine has helped me search most of my resumes over the years. It has also given me ease to contact resumes that I find fit for the job. I also like the filters which help narrow down the resumes i eventually see. I mostly always recommend CareerBuilder to my connects.

Pros

The Career Builder website was very easy to navigate, and search for jobs in my area, and had more choices available in a reasonable distance from my home. I also, like the friendly but simple layout of the website. An improvement would perhaps be adding an extensive add-on that helped out with both cover letters and resumes and make it so it is easy to make cover letters specific to certain jobs.Overall it is not entirely different from other sites but it's always wonderful.

Cons

the least i like about the website is that you cannot quick view the resume to be sure enough to open it since it is all about the views. Also the filter for years of experience can sometimes give you not so relevant results. It would be nice to have more precise results.

Reviewed on 04/09/2018

So far, so good!

So far, so good. Careerbuilder is one of the job boards we are currently using. So far, I'm finding lots of qualified candidates here.

Pros

Great interface and easy to use. It has a feature wherein you can create a template and save it so that on your job postings, you can simply use the saved templates. I love the idea that you can open each candidate that you sourced into different tabs-other job board doesn't have this feature. It would allow you to multi task and view all the candidates by simply changing tabs. Plus, it allows you to filter candidates using keywords - you can use boolean search, location-you can select a radius, duration or length of employment - so you can choose from entry level to expert, employment visa status - this will save you from contacting not qualified candidates, and many more.

Cons

Some of the candidates information are incomplete. Like visa status, target pay. I think it will be best if they have these as requirement to fill before a candidate can submit their resume. So that, it will allow the recruiters to contact the right candidates. They should maximize the good features.

Reviewed on 07/07/2020

CareerBuilder for Recruiters

Overall, CareerBuilder is a great tool for recruiters especially for finding pool of candidates for your requisitions.

Pros

I've been using CareerBuilder since I started my recruiting career and it helped me get a lot of pool candidates on the requisitions that I'm working on. I love its feature where you can filter your search for specific types of candidates that you're looking for.

Cons

What I don't like about the CareerBuilder feature is the filter for the location where you specifically put a 25-mile radius but still will give you certain candidates that are within 30-35 mile radius which makes me get some candidates who are not interested because of the location.

• Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Reviewed on 27/08/2019

My number one!

This is a 10 rating software because of its functionality. Amazing!

Pros

Im a Recruiter and Career Builder is my Best Budd. I use it everyday to look for available candidates and it never let me down. It really helps me do my job. Thousands or even millions of people are using this software everyday around the world and it really do its job. It always gives me what Im looking for and Im really amaze how this software exceed my expectations. A really useful software and its surely a great investment.

Cons

Using Boolean commands to look for candidates is hard to master at first. It will really take time for you to master using the Boolean string but its surely worth it

Erin P.
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 18/02/2020

Expensive for what you get

Really great options and build ones to find the right high level candidate.

Pros

I love some of the tools to help thin down applicants especially on the higher up positions. Give great options that help to narrow down candidates and speed up finding the right one.

Cons

It is almost too cumbersome. Easier to use a software with less options and does not take so long to set up each open positions that is entry level. When you get over 100 applicants off Indeed for free in just 24 hours it is a waste of time to use this for entry level positions.

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Good volume of resumes/candidates, ease of use

Pros

I found that it provides a strong source for a pipeline of candidates. From postings we are able to track and organize candidates to specific jobs and everyone in our company has real time status of recruiting. We have made a lot of hires from the site and plan to continue using it in the futurel.

What do you dislike?

Cons

Too many unqualified people for higher level/ more technical jobs Not great for the IT positions. I find that I spend a lot of time reviewing underqualified resumes to find the matches. Customer service is ok, very hands off, which has it's pros and cons. They do not offer a lot of assistance unless you ask for it.

Domenico C.

Reviewed on 29/04/2021

Good value for applicant tracking

Overall, it's a great system to use. It's fairly easy to deploy and maintain. I'd recommend it again for sure.

Pros

I've really enjoyed using CareerBuilder not only for a job board but for an ATS system. I liked the UI and layout while browsing through tons of great candidates.

Cons

I encountered a lot of vendors putting in candidate resumes with incorrect information and partial contact information. It makes contacting candidates challenging but I think they are doing a better job of filtering for this now.

Reviewed on 31/08/2018

Best tool for sourcing

Pros

1. This is one major job board we used for sourcing candidates from Commercial, IT, engineering and all types of industry. If you are trained how the system works, you can maximize all possibilities of connecting with a candidate

2. If by sourcing traditionally does not work for you, try recruitment edge. It is awesome. CB as we call it, partners with other platform where you can expand your search with eligible candidates wiyh qualitis that you are looking for

3. All in one tool, you can save and email candidates.

Cons

If you are not familiar with the ins and outs of the platform, then better get a training. A lot of possibilities happens if you know how to navigate though this process.

Kayla D.

Reviewed on 08/04/2020

CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking Review

My overall experience with CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking is that it has a ton of qualified candidates to filter through and it helps with my job overall tremendously.

Pros

What I like most about CareerBuilder Applicant Tracking Review is the ease of the software. As a recruiter, I use this software every single day to find candidates for my clients and it is a very easy software to use.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the preview section. I would like it to be easier for me to preview a resume and be able to toggle back to the resumes/candidates easier.

Reviewed on 08/12/2019

Building Careers with CareerBuilder

Reviewing resumes and applications are faster with CareerBuilder. The software is user friendly, time saver, and best job board in searching for candidates with niche skills.

Pros

I like how I can easily view and search candidates and manage job postings. Filters are my favorite as it allows me to look for candidates that are tailor fit to what I am searching for.

Cons

Not something I would say I dislike but more of recommend. I highly suggest to make the visa status mandatory for users when they're creating a profile so it'll be easier for recruiters to track it.