PayPal Zettle Reviews

About PayPal Zettle

PayPal Here is a mobile application that allows retailers and merchants to process transactions. The application uses a card reader device attached to a smartphone. This solution helps retailers and field sales staff to process...

Browse PayPal Zettle Reviews

2,221 of 2,222 reviews
Coty
Coty
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/07/2019

Great option for inside business sales for small businesses!

The experience I have with PayPal is always amazing. They're safe, reliable, and I wouldn't choose any other software to manage my in store transactions.

Pros

PayPal here was always a tool I used before I grew my small business. It offered simple, easy to use and understand mechanics that some merchant transaction softwares didn't offer. I love how easy it is to use, and especially how quick it is. Most of all, I love how I can incorporate this into my already existing PayPal Business account to always manage receipts, invoices, and history.

Cons

I dislike the amount per swipe percentile. Each business has their fees, whilst there's others out there who are cheaper to use.

Zuhairah
Zuhairah
  • Industry: Banking

Reviewed on 30/01/2021

Very convenient in making payment

PayPal is secure and i fully trusting their securities regarding my payment account and credit card information that are linked in the platform. All my transaction activities are displayed in the main dashboard so that i can monitor any activity within my account. There are no option for transferring funds to friend & family in my country, and i hoping it will introduced to us soon.

Pros

PayPal Here is an amazing payment processing platform that i can make payment for my shopping cart in foreign e-commerce website like Amazon or ebay. It can be install in my smartphone, and i don't have to log-in the platform from my computer, but its offer the same security for my payment account. There are thousand merchant that are accepting PayPal and that make it so convenient.

Cons

The exchange rates from my currency to foreign currency is quite high and so different from other common daily exchange rate that other payment processor are using. On top of that, there are processing fees for the payment transfer. If they can lowering the processing fees, i can see others will use it more often as their payment processor.

Abigail
Abigail

Reviewed on 02/07/2023

Not a good platform for health care providers

Terrrible. Do it their way or get lost. If you use Health Savings Account Cards as part of your practice, then this is NOT the company for you. They lock down my account every few weeks. I am a licensed primary care physician in the State of Oregon. They lock down my account regularly due to the clinic accepting Health Savings Account Cards (as do all doctors) which usually only have magnetic strips, not chips. Zettle readers are unable to process magnetic strips and can only ready chips. Magnetic strips require manual entry into Zettle. This locks down our account as Paypal assumes fraud. No matter how many times I call, send them copies of my medical and DEA license, and explain that I am a doctor and this is part of my practice - they continue every few weeks to lock up my money and threaten to further impede my business unless I clear up this presumed "fraudulent" activity. Their workaround is that I should log into Paypal manually every time a patient uses an HSA account and enter it into their online site. Since we use Zettle for inventory management including the inventory of controlled substances like testosterone pellets and RX injectables which is required by the DEA, that would NEVER work. Secondly, it is extra work for my front desk staff that is already hard-pressed to keep up with their workload and has people waiting to check in and out of the clinic. If you are in health care - stay away. This is NOT the company for you

Pros

I can't say that I really liked anything about Paypal. It is a pretty standard POS system but with the inability to track customers.

Cons

No ability to scan HSA cards which locks down your account for presumed "fraudulent" activity as these must be entered manually into Zettle especially if you are using Zettle to manage inventory. Their solution is to enter them into the Paypal screen online manually. This is rather hard when we use Zettle to manage inventory and track P&L on products. My staff is hard-pressed at the front desk to keep up as is and logging into their site every time we need to use an HSA is ludicrous and will completely ruin our inventory and P&L data. It happens every few weeks and then they ask you to "prove" your legitimacy as a business all over again. The fact that you sent them your DEA and medical license 30 days ago is seemingly lost on their staff. You are a pariah! They don't look at the notes and just cut you off all over again. Stay away from this company!!Also, no ability to tie sales to patients which is frustrating.

Top PayPal Zettle Alternatives

Square Virtual Terminal

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Quickbooks Online

Deannna
Deannna
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Reviewed on 04/12/2023

Wanna be a little less stressed? Then this is it

Zettle has been so wonderful. I use to wake up not have had enough sleep due to worrying if I messed up with inventory or getting paid but on day one my life hasn’t been the same in a good way.

Pros

Zettle is my personal assistant without the cost. I now have peace of mind knowing I have this software. I’m not panicking wondering if I missed anything. This is the best software for peace of mind.

Cons

Honestly the only issue I had ace I’m not trying to crack a joke is that it doesn’t talk back. It’s my own personal assistant and it doesn’t respond to my conversation.

Verna
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 22/06/2023

Don't Settle, Get PayPal Zettle!

Overall, PayPal Zettle has improved our payment processing and we highly recommend it to other small businesses who are looking for a POS solution.

Pros

Zettle is a replacement and an improvement to the old PayPal Here. Zettle allows me to accept more types of payments, has same day availability of funds in our business PayPal account and has been a game changer for my business, especially processing payments at pop-up markets.In addition to the many payments accepted (Visa, MC, AMEX, Discover, ApplePay, GooglePay, VenMo, etc), Zettle makes accounting simple by automatically creating daily sales reports of each employee and providing the ability to keep track of inventory. Paypal has done a great job creating Zettle POS and app.

Cons

There's not much to dislike about Zettle, but I will say, our biggest challenge was getting acclimated to a new system after using PayPal Here for years. That said, the learning curve was not that difficult.

Square Point of Sale

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

Because I had used PayPal Here previously, I decided to stay with PayPal and try Zettle.
Basma
  • Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 03/10/2023

PayPal Zettle Advantages

As I’m an admin, I’m very stressed in managing many stuff such like meetings, organizing tournaments, visas issuing, reports, staff follow-up and so on, and this app made things easier to me at the time I was checking and reviewing the lot of bills, payments and receipts, which reduced stress on me and saved my time.

Pros

It’s easy, simple, quick to pay and receive.

Cons

There is no obstacles or difficulties I found during using it.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

The reputation, easiness, security and privacy.
Joseph

Reviewed on 13/02/2024

Zettle for payments

Pros

I appreciate the fact that Zettle is now automatically implemented in most banking apps, so sending and receiving money is really easy.

Cons

The only thing I would suggest is for Zelle to be compatible with more banking apps. I know it's compatible with most of the big ones, but there are still a few out there that aren't using Zelle.

Md

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

PayPal, the best and easy to use platform.

I have used it for very few payments but after all it is awesome. Very nice experience.

Pros

It's quick support is fantastic. It is easy to use and convenient.

Cons

I haven't faced any problems regarding PayPal till now.

Bonnie
  • Industry: Computer Games

Reviewed on 21/02/2024

Zettle great POS tool

Pros

Point of Sale tool. Good for making more sales.

Cons

Cost. Although not extremely expensive the cost implication needs to be considered.

Baptiste
  • Industry: Writing & Editing
  • Used Monthly for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 15/02/2024

Great POS Software

Absolutely great for the price. It makes processing payments easy.

Pros

It is super easy to set up. You can take it anywhere with you.

Cons

I wish there was a way to integrate this on my e-com site.

Obrian
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Reviewed on 09/01/2022

PayPal zettle I love it

My over experience with PayPal zettle is great it is simple one of the best out there which is great PayPal is always innovative I love it

Pros

What I love about mostly about PayPal zettle is that to me the revolutionized the point of sale business which I know others giant company are big man, I’m not new to using PayPal services over the many years I’ve been a PayPal user but what PayPal did with zettle is next level where I don’t necessarily have to have excellent internet connections to take payments I can do over simple mobile internet and the transactions are always a success, PayPal put in a lot of work into it and I love it…

Cons

What I don’t like with it which could be just a software issue is that something it just disconnect from my phone off its own which is a bit annoying but it takes seconds to reconnect so it can work around probably a software update can if it and sometimes the card payment fails like 1 or 2 but it never goes over the third retry so I think those can be fix with an update they are minor but if it happens in a rush it can be a big deal but some problems

Jessica
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Reviewed on 24/07/2020

Paypal Here Makes Running A Businees So Easy

I have been able to successful run and online business with Paypal here. I can do all my purchases, transfers, invoices, and payments. It has made running a bussiness easy and enjoyable! I highly recommend for anyone is who is branching out and starting their own bussiness.

Pros

I love how easy it is to use. Plus they offer so many different products for you to be able to accept payments from customers. Also, the invoicing feature is amazing!

Cons

The only thing I wish it had was when I use my business debit card it had a fraud alert. I think you should be able to set up an amount and any ourchses over that alerts you sonyou can approve or decline the purchase. With this being a bussiness account I wanna make sure everything is as protected as possible.

• Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 24/08/2020

Why Do I Have This?

I don't really use it because it doesn't work well.

Pros

PayPal has so many different applications I assume that I need them all in order to do what I need. So, I have downloaded them all onto my phone. Generally, the website is the best bet, but I thought PayPal Here would make accepting and sending payments easier.

Cons

I have no idea how this application is supposed to work. I keep downloading it, but never end up using it because each time I login to do so something goes wrong. It's bulky, difficult to edit, and appears cheap. I end up just using a different application that looks better instead.

QuickBooks Payments

Reasons for Choosing PayPal Zettle

I thought it would be an easy interface for accepting payments.

PayPal

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

I didn't. I went back to Quickbooks.
Suraj
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 09/04/2023

My review on PayPal Zettle @surajsingh

It think as far an I know subsequent to utilizing this application for over 5 months, there is no issues with the installments through my versatile which is the fundamental component it doesn't put me down. I haven't explored this application much yet with my own utilization and experience, I can express that in the terms of installment there's no issue. About different highlights, I simply happened to use payment processing and inventory management,, which are likewise agreeable as I would prefer.

Pros

As I expressed above in the item appraising, the most preferred highlights for me is payment processing and inventory management. It's not difficult to set up and utilize, the security capability is great and it's basically impossible that one can hack or break my data which is likewise a protected component to have and confided in highlights. On the off chance that my side business is running any business, I do every one of the exchanges from it and the admittance to deals reports and examination to acquire bits of knowledge for my business execution is smooth.

Cons

The most un-thing about this application is, it messes up some time which is somewhat irritating and the client is support is delayed to reaction and the timing for them to answer to my interests is generally sluggish which postponed my goal term. Other than that, it's a decent application to have in your sleeves.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Reviewed on 26/03/2020

Relieable Product

It is becoming a cashless society and so this fills that void by allowing people to purchase product without cash.

Pros

It's been around a while so people know it by name when they hear about it. Easy to ask or send money, or send someone a request for money with a invoice.

Cons

That is cost so much to use it that I have to add a little cost to my card transactions to help offset the cost.

CASH

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

It has been around longer so I just continued to use it when others came out.
Eduardo
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Reviewed on 06/05/2022

Easy to process the pays of your customers.

Pros

It easy to use for your customers. And it is so secure for processing pay for the customer and the business.

Cons

Sometimes we had a problems with the gateway, because Paypal couldn't process the customer credit card and lose the sell.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 08/11/2019

Take Credit Cards through your device for products and events - PayPal Here

This was overall what we needed. We have retreats almost every weekend, and sell products at those retreats or when travelling. The PayPal Here app allowed us to scan our products for easy input, add ticket sale options, and take credit cards from the same app. Also, Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. We can't ask for better than that.

Pros

The iOS and Android compatibility was perfect for us, as we have a tablet and an iPad. The first swipe device was free. Customer Service worked with us to implement a second device. You can add event tickets, as well as products to sell. You can take cards by typing or swiping. The app keeps up with all transactions and transfers the information to your account.

Cons

It was glitchy at times and logged us out often. To take a card manually, you have to pay an extra fee.

Square Payments

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

We were already using PayPal for our website.
Kevin
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

PayPal Here App Exceeds Expectations

They offer peace of mind by maintaining up to the minute payment tracking and notifications. This is especially useful if PayPal is your primary form of payment used by your customers for online businesses. As I mentioned earlier, if there is ever an issue the matter is handled with an experienced live representative in a timely and efficient manner.

I think anyone who shops online should definitely give PayPal Here App a try and I assure you that it will not disappoint.

Pros

I love the various options that PayPal offers to its users. Not only does it allow my personal business to receive payments from anywhere and at any time, it also makes purchasing products through PayPal extremely easy and efficient. I use it for both my online business and as my main form of payment when shopping on websites. Nowadays most stores like Target, Wal-Mart and Best Buy accept PayPal and for a person who doesn't and has never had a credit card it is the best option for me.

You can also use PayPal to send and receive money to your friends as long as they have their own PayPal account as well. This has come in handy for me personally many times when I was at a loss of what to gift those hard to shop for friends during the Christmas holiday season. By sending them cash through PayPal, I knew that they would be able to pick out their own gift online and very often on sale.

Cons

The customer service could be improved a little bit when it comes to trying to talk to someone about an issue you may be experiencing. I have only had to contact customer service once due to the delay I was experiencing concerning a refund that I was supposed to have received within 3 days. On the 4th day with no refund on sight I contacted their customer service department and was answered within an hour with their assurance that they would handle the refund within 24 hours. After verifying proof of the purchase I was awaiting a refund on, PayPal issued my refund less than 4 hours later with a truly sincere apology for the complication occurring in the first place.

Elizabeth

Reviewed on 16/08/2017

A Fantastic Way To Start!

Overall, this was a great POS for our company to start with at mobile markets. It was simple and straightforward and I found the customer support to be great! If you need/want a simple POS to get you started, give it a try!

Pros

This was an easy way to get started with a POS. It was free and simple to setup. I found it very simple to change the products around, as well as prices. The app is simple to install across different devices and platforms and it works just as well on my android as it does on my staff's iPhone. Adding products to the shopping cart and checking out is a breeze. Also, it is simple to change tax rates within the app. This was helpful for mobile events that we needed to change the tax rate temporarily. It also worked well for multiple people to use at different events. Finally, the company was awesome at sending more swipers to get us setup. We realized that we needed 5 people to be able to ring up product across multiple events at a given time and paypal was quick to send us more swipers and get us up and running!

Cons

There isn't much style to the app. This doesn't really matter, but once our company was established and we started using a different POS in our store, this was only used as a backup and my staff actually complained that there weren't pictures of the products.

Bruno
Bruno
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Reviewed on 06/08/2022

The best service to buy and sell safely and quickly.

Now we are providing services to our clients who are foreigners, they pay us through this platform safely, quickly and with low commissions. The benefits offered by Paypal Zettle are security, speed, trust, privacy. The important thing is that anyone who is starting their business can use this tool.

Pros

This tool is very good and above all safe, it allows you to pay for purchases abroad quickly and safely. It gives you all the benefits and charges you a small commission accessible to everyone. The tool is easy to use, as simple as creating an account and starting to manage your payments and expenses. The tool has been easy to integrate as we use it on a daily basis for our foreign clients who pay us for the service we provide.

Cons

Paypal Zettle is going excellent, so far I am satisfied with all the payments and purchases I have made. The tool is easy to use in all its aspects, the integration to our business processes has been very well accepted by our clients, since it is easier to process payments for both our clients and my company.

Reviewed on 13/07/2018

We use this exclusively for credit card payments in our bakery

I am able to take payments anywhere as I can run them through my cell phone, and I don't have to pay an outrageous monthly payment for the "privilege" of using a dedicated credit card processing system. PLUS the money appears in my account immediately so I can use it right away if I need to.

Pros

I have been a Paypal user for 14 years and trust them. I like that the PayPal Here app allows me to take payments on my cell phone (or other mobile device) anywhere. I use this to accept credit card payments at my bakery and also for my other businesses as well. Unlike other mobile payment apps, the money appears in my account immediately (thanks, Paypal!) so I can use it that day to purchase supplies or whatever I need. And I'm not spending an arm and a leg each month for a credit card processing system.

Cons

The pros so greatly outweigh any possible cons that I can't really think of any. I suppose it is a bit of an annoyance to pay extra to key in a credit card that won't swipe correctly, but really it's just a petty annoyance, not really a con.

Eric

Reviewed on 03/03/2022

PayPal Zettle: An Efficient Point of Sale (POS) System and Payment Platform for Businesses

However, I think they should add more features to better integrate with various online accounts. The framework is very simple, it has a simple plan and its functions include a system where you can see the payment history, sends receipt of every transaction and can likewise configure the POS framework, without any hindrance.

Pros

This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. This product is super easy to use. Indeed, even those with little information on it can utilize it easily. It integrates with your PayPal account and the vast majority of customers know about it.

The system permits you to build a product library where you can import a product list from a spreadsheet, group the products by category, descriptions, etc. New products can be added, as well. Inventory can be managed from the system and you'll be notified when it is time to restock the products.

Cons

The system requires an account with PayPal which incorporates their terms and handling charges. For security, the system logs out regularly, which causes some frustration (only sometimes) on a portion of clients.

While it is easy to use, it requires some training for individuals that have never used it before to transactions are processed accurately. It normally takes a few uses before newer users feel comfortable using it with certainty.

Mounir
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 10/06/2022

PayPal Amazing

Overall I am satisfied with PayPal which remains a simple and effective way for me to pay online.

Pros

We have recently seen that the payment solutions on the Internet are varied such as bank card, western union, paypal, etc. PayPal has understood the interest of offering a single and secure payment solution and receives its commission on almost all of the transactions. Buyers benefit from various guarantees in the event of non-receipt of their order. For example, I made an order about a year ago from the United States and the value was $170. Unfortunately I never received this order. However, following a request, PayPal considered it normal that I be reimbursed in full. On a completely different point, PayPal presents a great solution for receiving payments in real time. For example, a person who is going to trade on the forex can receive his capital directly on his paypal account. The solution is quick, but is not optimal given the costs involved.

Cons

The big disadvantage of PayPal remains the relatively heavy fees. In addition, the seller is sometimes forced to send the order via certain postal services when they are very expensive compared to what can be found. Clearly, a collector's ticket seller is forced to send his tickets via tracked mail, which is much more expensive than conventional mail. In this sense, PayPal should lighten its regulations to allow sellers with 200/300 transactions to their credit to send with the most economical transport service. Do you see yourself paying 3 euros in shipping costs for an item worth 2 euros?

Mohamed
Mohamed
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 22/12/2022

PayPal Zettle is great for everyone

just loved it.

Pros

1- The payment solution is compatible with most vendors.2- carry out online transactions without having to communicate my bank details.3- Paypal can take control of the dispute and try to find a solution. It's a principle of trust that I really like.in general, It's easy to use and perfect for in-person selling.

Cons

Nothing. just one thing is PayPal security takes too long to accept new payments from a new PayPal account and that is waste of time.

GoPOS

Reasons for Switching to PayPal Zettle

easy interface and trusted one.
Joyce

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Very Easy To Use~

I've used it for several years and have had very few issues. When I did, support was easy to deal with!

Pros

This software is very simple and straight forward. I've never had an issue using the app. I love that I am able to swipe cards with my phone!

Cons

I wish the app offered the whole suite of things that the computer one did. I use invoicing almost daily and would love if it were on the app.

Square Point of Sale