NICE CXone Reviews

About NICE CXone

Organizations around the world are striving to deliver the ultimate customer experience, strengthen brand value, and boost efficiency. NICE CXone empowers brands to achieve these objectives on one interaction-centric platform...

4.1
4.1

Browse NICE CXone Reviews

Ryan
Ryan

Reviewed on 19/05/2020

Excellent VOIP Service

We've had a great experience with NICE inContact CXone so far, I'm very glad that we switched over from our previous VOIP provider.

Pros

I really appreciate the level of customization NICE inContact has, we have many different profiles for phone agents and the ability to tune everything in to exactly what each agent does has been really great.

Cons

The biggest issue we've had was in setting up supervisor dashboards, anyone with privileges can set one up and the menus start to get cluttered after awhile. We're able to occasionally prune down the views and get things looking reasonable again though.

Five9

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

We made a decision based on cost and agent count, inContact also had additional prebuilt features that we were interested in

Five9

Response from NICE

We appreciate the feedback, Ryan! We'll share your feedback with the appropriate teams.

Warren
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 25/06/2020

Have been using NICE inContact since 2009

My overall experience with NICE inContact has been fantastic. I enjoy working with my reps as we together try to find the best solution to our problems. I feel they have truly been our partner.

Pros

I worked as an end user of NICE inContact in FamilySearch Support and for the past 4 years I have been working as the FamilySearch Telecommunications Product Engineer. As an end user I found the product to be easy to use and reliable. I was able to seamlessly take chats and calls up to 30 in a day. As the Administrator CXOne/inContact Central is easy to use creating skills, users, and security profiles. As the Engineer working in Studio and creating call flows with Salesforce integration I find the product robust and basically if you can think of it, there is most likely a way to make it happen using APIs and the inContact Studio. I was able to learn the basics and build from there with little training. And what I don't know NICE inContact engineers and account managers are there to help.

Cons

In Salesforce there is a feature that you can login as the user to see what the user is seeing. inContact doesn't have that feature. To troubleshoot a user issue I have to go to some lengths to change the users password and login as them to see if I can see what they are reporting. Speaking of reporting, I know the CXOne platform has addons for better reporting but I feel the dashboards and basic reporting could be made better. For example to be able to drill down on a dashboard to specifics even on the user level.

Response from NICE

Thanks for your feedback, Warren!

• Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Omnichannel, Multi-site, International Contact Center

InContact has allowed us to increase flexibility in handling contacts across multiple sites. We have been able to utilize functionality that allows our agents to know the guest who is calling and the reason for their contact. Like any tool, there is pros and cons. We have had to adapt some of our business practices to the tool. It is nice, no pun intended, to have all of our tools in one platform (ACD, Quality, Reporting, WFM, etc.).

Pros

InContact allows us to utilize our global staff to ensure our guests receive prompt response time to their phone calls, emails, and chats. We are able to skill and staff our agents across multiple sites to increase efficiency. The software was easy to learn and adapt to for our users when we switched. The tool gives us access to data both real-time and historical needed to make decisions and operate effectively. We are able to have multiple tools (WFM, Quality, ACD, Reporting, etc.) in one platform.

Cons

We skill agents with both voice and digital (email and chat) skills. Because InContact treats chat as a digital media type, it will route both chats and phone calls at the same time which is challenging and limits our ability to utilize the omnichannel feature as we would want to.
Without case ownership on email, each reply after the initial email may route to a different agent, which creates challenges with continuity of the communication.
Email reporting has been and continues to be a challenge. It is difficult for us to see how many emails were handled on a certain day if the email was handled on a different day than when it came into the system.

Response from NICE

Thank you for your detailed review. We are always working to improve our software. We will pass along your valuable insight to our development teams.

Top NICE CXone Alternatives

Anthony

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

Great Platform

Pros

Ease of use, reporting stack and the support from the TAMs

Cons

I think QMA could be better regarding plans and reporting.

Travis
Travis

Reviewed on 27/10/2020

Swiss Army Knife

They are a fair and firm company that says what they will do, and they do what they say.

Pros

There are a broad range of features that are combined to make a symbiotic platform with tons and tons of options.

Cons

I wish that there were sentiment analysis for the SMS side of the omnichannel.

Twilio

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

I needed HIPAA compliance and a 99.99% SLA.

Twilio

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

It had all of the products ready to go for omnichannel.
Jim

Reviewed on 11/11/2019

Gold standard of contact center software & management

Pros

Technical Customer Support manager is top-notch
ACD / IVR configuration was a snap. We were up and running in almost no time

Cons

Workforce Management module configuration is a bit tricky

Five9 and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

We decided to move to a cloud based solution to add levels of resiliency that we didn't have. Also, the benefits of flexibility were tremendous.

Five9 and RingCentral MVP

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

CX One features were more comprehensive

Response from NICE

Thank you for your review!

Nathan

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Unsatisfied with the support

Very little though it is simple enough to get setup and having the agents use it when needed.

Pros

The ease of use to setup and have an agent use the platform with very little training or other hand holding.

Cons

The reporting is in need of some help. The reports are intuitive and at times seem to report data different than what we would see in real time.

Cisco Unified Communications Manager

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

Decision was made by other business units. I would have preferred to extend our current Cisco CUCM to support the needs of the business.

Response from NICE

Nathan, thanks for your feedback. We certainly want you to have a better experience with Support and we'll forward your feedback to the appropriate team members for attention. Please contact us at [email protected] if you have any additional feedback. Thank you.

Replied 08/04/2020
Jonathan

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Constant issues - arguments with Support Teams on validity of issues

Pros

When it works, it's smooth. Its highly customizable for call queues and trees.

Cons

Support is atrocious; constant and large outages (anywhere from 5min to a couple of hours means that all call center staff cannot take/make calls which cripples us). We've had an open support ticket closed on us 6+ times because support says the issue is resolved even when we continue to present evidence it's not resolved. Ongoing issues for 2 months now, still no resolution.

Response from NICE

Hi Jonathan. Your business if very important to us. We'll get in touch with your service team to find out about these issues to get them resolved.

Replied 25/09/2019
Nakeshia

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

CXOne the good and bad

Pros

This software provides large call centers the ability to watch agents on calls, easily transfer to coworkers, check calls holding and statuses. It also gives management the ability to monitor calls very effectively

Cons

The software loosing connection and sometimes just plain doesnt work. The software will drop calls in mid conversation making agents have to log out and back in during mid shift.

Dwana
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 17/11/2022

NICE CXone to the rescue

With Nice, we were able to get members to transfer over to the right department and quicker service time. NICE made it easier to hear members because they came through clearer.

Pros

The features that impacted my job daily were transferring callings, making outbound callings, and being able to reach out to a supervisor when needing help. Integration with the existing call group and being able to reach out to help members was done with ease with NICE.

Cons

The system would freeze when we get a lot of calls and I can hear the member, but the member couldn't hear me on the call. I would have to sign out, and back into the system. Now, this was so unprofessional to have to do daily with this system.

• Industry: Sports

Reviewed on 02/01/2020

I don't know all the options

We like incontact but we are a smaller company and everything cost money and I don't know if we are getting everything out of what we are currently paying.

Pros

I like that I can use the stuido for the most part to better my call center with out a lot of extra work.

Cons

I think I don't know all the features that come with incontact, can you drag email into the group, how does call back work.

Fuze

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

We like the potential and see a future with the company.

Response from NICE

David, thanks for your comments. We strongly suggest reaching out to your technical account manager for help and to understand all of the capabilities of the product. It will certainly help.

Eric
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Decent solution with room for improvement

Using the platform gave us more flexibility for how we handle our calls and report on call center metrics. We are not sure though that it is worth the premium price we pay for this solution compared to what we could have had if we would have upgraded our premise-based ACD system that we replaced. We pay over $45k per month for fewer than 100 users and that's not even using all of the modules. We also have to pay that cost every month, forever or until we choose a different solution. Premise based might be a better value for our operation if we have a chance to choose again.

Pros

The software has a lot of customizability and tons of features. Deployment and training for users is easy.

Cons

There are definitely limitations for some features at standard and to get advanced modules and functions the solution becomes VERY expensive.

Response from NICE

Eric, thanks for your review. Please reach out to your technical account manager if we can help make your experience better.We'd love to hear from you.

BRANDON
  • Industry: Internet

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

USERHUB Review - RentPath

Pros

I work with InContact very intimately from agent facing to back end routing. This software provides a very likable GUI, ease of use, and never fails to deliver quality and overall performance across the board. Being able to truly rely on a contact center solution to deliver as promised is non existent... unless you use InContact.

Quality Plans within QM are a life saver! Having our QA team and Supervisors not have to go through calls manually will save us so much time, ultimately allowing us to spend time in other areas that are just as important.

We love the Analytics of being able to see sentiment on calls! The accuracy is beyond impressive and is really going to set us ahead of the competition now that we are able to see specific keywords and/or phrases that our agents and our clients are saying. We'd love to be able to report on these key phrases and words to help us grow further!

The biggest advantage we were able to gain as an organization was coming from Central with 18,000+ skills and reducing them within USERHUB to 14. This will help us immensely with WFM to be able to forecast accurately knowing that we aren't having to add new queues on a daily basis with the potential of huge error over time.

Cons

As we have come from Central to USERHUB, there has been a lack in QM Reporting ( only 3 reports ) and we have been challenged with Quality Plans not being able to replace calls if they are not a fit for that form designated to that plan. There is an upcoming release that is slated for our cluster on Oct 10th that will give us that function which is great.

There is also no Print function for completed QA's.

If the Evaluator made a mistake and the agent acknowledges the QA, there is no way to delete a completed or acknowledged QA which creates headaches for our staff. It would make sense to be able to edit a completed QA outside of an agent challenging it.

We have also noticed that same calls can be pulled across different Quality Plans - some may not see this as an issue but we like to QA unique phone calls vs ones that have been already scored by someone else.

When doing evaluations through the quality plans, there is no call details to look up within a CRM as an example (disposition,callID,DNIS,ANI)

Also in the Evaluation Report, if there is a Yes/No question that is score-able with N/A and N/A is selected on the QA form, the Maximum Score Possible column in that report does not remove the total points for that question, which provides inaccurate scores. Also, it seems that the QA Average that is shown in Performance Monitoring is taking an average of the QA's by the percentage when it should be total sum score column / total sum maximu etcm possible score column.

Response from NICE

Thank you so much for the detailed feedback. We are happy to hear it is working for you and appreciate you bringing the challenges to our attention. We are always striving to make improvements and will pass along your comments to the appropriate teams.

Replied 29/10/2019
Miles

Reviewed on 11/03/2020

Terrible Onboarding Experience

It is expensive and support is not great. If you pay for a dedicated CSM you get a lot of help, but at an extra $800 a month it's hard to justify. The product is fine but the onboarding was the worst I have ever experienced for any tool I have purchased.

Pros

Up time is good, WFM integration with the basic telephony is nice.

Cons

The onboarding was done by a third party and it was completely botched. They put us on the wrong instance, had to then move us over to a new instance, but the effects were felt for months. The install process took almost 6 months and we still have issues a year and a half later.

When we upgraded a product a year later, they never mentioned that an upgraded softphone would also be necessary, so it delayed onboarding once again. Thankfully they offered to comp us the upgraded softphones after weeks of back and forth. Otherwise the project would've cost significantly more than they originally quoted us.

Zoom

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

More features and functionality.

GoTo Connect

More features and functionality

Response from NICE

Miles, we're sorry to hear about your onboarding experience. It seems as though things have improved since then. If there's anything else we can do to improve your experience, please do reach out to us at [email protected].

Thanks so much for your feedback.

Replied 08/04/2020
Steven

Reviewed on 13/10/2016

Constant Service Issues, Terrible Customer Support

While we like the reporting system much better than our last system (though it does have a bit of a learning curve), we have pretty constant service issues. While InContact guarantees a 99.99% uptime, that would translate to about 4 hours a year of downtime for us - we sometimes have 4 hours of downtime in a single week. It has gotten a little better since we started complaining more, but we still have at least one impacting event every week or 2, that lasts 20-30 minutes.

The customer support is the worst I've ever dealt with. Some of them are nice, but clearly just don't have any idea what they're talking about, and some of them our downright rude. 1/3 of the time I call them, I know right away, based on their initial response, that there's no way they're going to be able to resolve my issue. Another close to 2/3 of the time, they take my info, ask me for info they could find themselves, and then create a case. They keep updating the case, until eventually the issue just kind of resolves itself, and then they close the case. Then, of course, the issue comes back 2 days later, and the process starts over again. I've even had a service representative flat out tell me my agents are lying to me, rather than treating the issue like it's InContact's fault - he also basically told me I was an idiot for "not seeing the obvious answer". We did, later, find proof that it was InContact's fault.

For all of our service issues over the last several months, they did provide a credit due to the guarantee, but six months of refunds came out to be about 8% of one month's bill - not much of a refund for constant issues and headaches that cost our company sales and hurt our department's credibility.

The script (InContact's Studio) is immensely and unnecessarily confusing, and if you can't figure out how to do it yourself, customer support will try for about 30 minutes and fail (hopefully not breaking anything else in the process), and then you have to call their professional services, which charges for every 15 minutes you're on the phone. Expect about an hour and a half call to add a simple "press one for this skill, press two for this skill" menu to a specific line. If you think about it, it's pretty genius - they actually make money by having a terrible customer service department and a complicated product, because then it forces you to pay exorbitant prices to get real help.

Many of their other add-on softwares are also unnecessarily confusing, outdated, buggy, or a combination of all 3. For instance, their WFO software, Verint, is incredibly confusing. Three of our employees went to a week-long training (which we paid a lot for) right before I took this position, and none of those employees could really tell me how to use the software. They did, however, forward to me 2 separate guides for the software, which totaled nearly 1,000 pages. Even with the wide array of unnecessary and complicated options, I still couldn't customize it to my needs after working with it, and customer support for nearly a month. They are moving away from Verint, because the company that acquired InContact has a competing product, but this point still stands for their other softwares as well - InView is nice, but very buggy and finicky, and we couldn't get quick results from our Account rep there - Uptivity looks like it was created in the early 90s, and is also relatively confusing, and non-user friendly - their customer support is also horrid.

The only reason we haven't switched already, is I'm finally starting to understand their Studio (after 9 months in this job), and I don't want to start over, and I'm worried that another company will be just as bad, or at least close. But it really hurts to pay so much for a poor service.

As far as price, I don't have enough experience in the field to be a great judge on this, but in speaking with others about some of their add-on service quotes that they've given us, I'm quite sure that these at least are a pretty terrible deal.

Pros

Reports are much more customizable than our last service
The InContact website itself is relatively user friendly and straightforward, aside from a learning curve for the reporting.

Cons

- Poor Customer Service
- Buggy/Non-user friendly add-on products
- Constant Service Issues
- Complicated Script
- Expensive Professional Services

Stephanie
  • Industry: Hospitality

Reviewed on 20/11/2020

Good for Agent usability

Pros

Great for agents to use. Central is great super easy to use. Can move around in that system quickly.

Cons

Engage is hard to use and the setup is time consumer. WFM needs to be upgraded to allow for better usability.

Cerri Project

Reasons for Choosing NICE CXone

Needed a more reliable product

Aspect Unified IP

Reasons for Switching to NICE CXone

The usability of the agent plateform.
Anallyn

Reviewed on 17/11/2020

NICE inContact for Call Center Management

At first I was skeptical with NICE inContact since I am used to using the other NICE application. After several updates made with NICE inContact collaborating with our Voice Team, the experience has been better especially loved the web player option :).

Pros

Since we started using NiC in March due to the global pandemic, we have since observed several upgrades in the functionalities/capabilities.

1. We have the option to remove download capabilities to certain users for InfoSec compliance since our company is a financial organization.
2. We no longer need 8x8 to play the call as it now has the web player functionality thus makes it easier to listen to calls.
3. We can now track the actual dead air and hold time which is critical to the call center as part of us monitoring the AHT and efficiency of our associates.
4. Clear definition of why a call was disconnected such as Agent Hung Up, Contact Hung Up, Agent Phone Disconnected, OB call interrupted and so on.

Cons

Some of the thing s I least like with the software are.

1. NiC tends to run into an error when agent is on high avail then a call suddenly comes in, it gives an agent leg error.
2. There are times that customer could not hear agent on the other line yet or vv. We did a test in the past where we listen to the call live and listened to the call after being recorded.

Roy
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Reliable Platform with Integration and Customization Capabilities

Pros

The InContact platform is very reliable, customization, and can integrate with other services and CRMs like Salesforce. Besides the main ACD functionality, the platform incorporates options for real-time and historical reporting, integrated softphone options, and reporting tools for data and QM.

Cons

Sometimes updates to the platform can cause minor glitches which are usually fixed by the next software release or major issues are addressed immediately. I would just suggest spending more time testing for glitches, prior to deploying updates.

Genesys Cloud CX

Response from NICE

Thanks very much, Roy! We'll pass your feedback on to the appropriate teams for consideration.

Kenneth
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 24/08/2023

NICE for Me

I have a positive overall experience with CXone. From my TAM to anyone I have come in contact (no pun intended, lol) with are very helpful, patient and understanding.This is what gives me a pleasure to know that I can expect when I interact with the resources.

Pros

I like the capability of studio, WFM and monitoring. These attributes are key to me in the development of agents and delivery of quality service.

Cons

Not much, but I would like to see additional training on areas like Studio.

Dawn
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 05/11/2019

Easy to use Platform

It's good as far as a platform goes. There were some rough patches in the past, they appeared to have learned from that and made improvements. They could make some adjustments to how they treat their customers and the customer service they provide.

Pros

Easy to use, great functionality, accessible with screen reading software which is a major plus for our staff. There's great customization of IVR and messaging. There are so many functions and options that we haven't tapped into yet or been able to use.

Cons

There's little customization with the agent interface, agents do not have access to the dashboard. The customer service at NICE/InContact has taken a major dip in responsiveness and assistance to their customers since they've made some management changes. All the help you could get before is now referred to a professional team that comes with a cost. They definitely don't make you feel like a valued customer.

Response from NICE

Thank you Dawn! We are always striving to learn and do better and will pass along your comments to the appropriate teams.

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Summary

I use Active Contacts on the Pre-Built Reports and it is very sloppy not very accurate shows many call that are not there in reality and have to filter the usable information. the biggest thing I would love to see is a exemption to the timer on turning off. We sue the views in a Command Center on a view that when it times out is a pain to get back , have to log back in and go the to views and adjust them, I would love to be able to turn the timer off.

Pros

Ease of use once you get used to it navigation is fairly easy.

Cons

Has glitches and slow to respond at time's ,

Reviewed on 03/10/2019

A Mixed Review

Use of the CXone softphone has helped improve our agents call response time, and made it easier to troubleshoot problems communicating through InContact since we are all using the same system.

Pros

I really appreciate the ability to pull information for reports regarding agent calls, agent behaviors, and call/time use statistics. Being able to pull this information let's me find and address problems that occur at time when a supervisor is not able to actively watch what each agent is doing, and gives supervisors the flexibility to work on many tasks at once.

Cons

There are some significant stability concerns. Agents reporting that the server did not accept a saved password several times, then accepting it on the fifth try, the softphone credentials being given to a second agent causing neither to be able to take calls do to license revocation, outages lasting for several hours at a time (though they happen infrequently).

Response from NICE

Andrew, thanks so much for your feedback! We'll pass along your feedback to our team.

Replied 29/10/2019
Sharon
  • Industry: Entertainment

Reviewed on 13/05/2020

Great business partnership

Overall, it's been a very good experience. We hit a few bumps in the beginning of the relationship, but we were undergoing a major technology change - that's bound to happen. Those bumps were smoothed over by the wonderful account teams that we've had - I can honestly say that there are very few complaints I can think of about each and every employee I've interacted with at Nice inContact. Employees are highly responsive, quick to respond when called upon, and are generally extremely helpful and a pleasure to work with. Keep it up!

Pros

Cons

The products we consume were described as all "point, click and drag". The scripting is not simple, and requires a certain skill level to maintain and support.

Response from NICE

Thanks for your partnership and your feedback, Sharon!

Dennis
  • Industry: Chemicals

Reviewed on 26/10/2020

Nice system to keep inContact with user base

Overall it's a very good product. The support staff is very helpful and the recent updates have made it even easier to use and design.

Pros

NICE inContact is easy to use and has a wide variety of configuration possibilities. The interface for designing call/chat flows works well and is nicely designed.
It's easy to use from an agent perspective

Cons

The MAX client is a little clumsy to use and has a few drawbacks because it is a browser page. Among them are:
- Messages clear once viewed until there is a new message (all of them showing again is helpful.
- Notifications are saved cookies that get cleared at times when the browser is not even set to clear cookies.
- No dashboard options for agents.

Jonathan
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Reviewed on 10/09/2019

Overall great software solution for IVR and autodialer

Overall good, solution is reliable with a few minor glitches that mostly impacted us when a system update was pushed.

Pros

Enjoyed most the ability to access this solution remotely

Cons

Inability to customize on the fly - most of our script changes required professional services

Response from NICE

Hello Jonathan. We're glad to hear your comments. Thanks for reviewing us!

Replied 25/09/2019