About Five9

Five9 is an all-in-one cloud contact center solution for inbound, outbound, blended and omnichannel contact centers world-wide. Powered by Practical AI, Five9 enables agents to provide customer experiences across phone, email,...

4.1
4.2

Browse Five9 Reviews

Ilan
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 01/09/2022

Five9 Review

When I worked at the call center over the web Fivenine was a quickly learnable calling program. It had minimal need for upkeep on my end aside from making sure to refresh the screen if no calls were coming in, so that the screen did not fall asleep due to being a virtual computer system. Actual program updates were also rare, it was fairly statuc and generally reliable.

Pros

The ability to tell when calls are coming in and going out is critical to a call center. I've worked at call centers before in the insurance enrollment world in both English and Spanish. Call data tracking matters to keep tons of data secure, while giving accountability to a company should the caller divulge data like their social security number or home address. These are strictly confidential and the call program working right is a major factor.

Whether someone is using a script or has general guidelines, the most important aspect is the call itself coming through and not dropping, Five9 is able to record audio crystal clear for later playback.

Cons

If your internet is going in and out the program does take a while to boot up. It also doesn't have any in-built noise reduction or increasing features, so the caller audio may change call to call and cause a need for rapid audio changes depending on the call.

Osman
  • Industry: E-Learning

Reviewed on 28/07/2022

Use Five9 as a solution for your company

Pros

How easy it is to get started and the tools that they offer you to customize the skills, teams that you need, to keep it organized and generate better reports.

Cons

It would be better if Five9 could add some options to keep the historical data for more time or at least select what set of data can be stored longer.

NICE CXone and Genesys Cloud CX

Reasons for Switching to Five9

It offered what we needed at the moment, the flexibility on how to setup the users and the price.
Cora

Reviewed on 21/02/2020

Easy to use but Crashes Constantly

Overall there is more reliable call center software out there besides Five9. I would prefer to use software that was more difficult to use and would require more instruction than an easy to use software like Five9 that is less reliable with its glitching, freezing and shutting down.

Pros

The software itself is easy to use after some brief training time. It is very easy to receive inbound calls and there is a easy to recognize sound when a call is coming in and outbound calls are easy to make in the dialer. There are many ways to customize the user experience by adding different 'roles" for employees that are using the software. This way you can customize which employees receive what calls based on their department and what they are trained to handle.

Cons

The software crashes A LOT. As a user I have had the software crash multiple times while I was in a chat, on a phone call with a customer or in the middle of writing an email. I have had the software freeze during a chat and then log me out of the system.

Response from Five9

Hi Cora, thank you for sharing your feedback. I've notified your enterprise sales director and he should be reaching out to you shortly to see if he can assist.

Replied 25/02/2020

Top Five9 Alternatives

Thea

Reviewed on 08/11/2022

FIVE 9 as an Innovative and Efficient tool for Outsourcing

Pros

Voicecall plays a vital role in our job since this is where our operations revolve and how we resolve our customer's concern. I could definitely say that Five 9 is an effective softphone where calls are effectively monitored and delivered to us. There are also seldom reports of tool problem when it comes to this platform, it's performance is deliberate and helpful in making sure our workflow is smooth.

Cons

One enhancement that can certainly be helpful to users and management is if the tabs used are smaller and if the call history can be overviewed through hovering through the icons. Without having to leave your current call. This way you may check on other variables from five 9 even though the softphone is minimized.

Kevin

Reviewed on 10/09/2018

One of the most call center software that you can find today

Overall experience is very astounding , the software itself is again very easy to use, support is always ready to help you, very recommendable to my friends and I am looking forward to use Five9 in the years to come.

Pros

From the very first day I started using Five9 I was amazed by how this software can do for you, it is very user-friendly and most of all their support team is very helpful. Doing inbound and outbound calls to people is very easy and It makes my job a lot more easier than the usual.

Cons

Everytime that there is an update on the software there will be errors that will pop right after, or giving me a hard time logging in again, I hope that they can do something about this very soon.

Response from Five9

Hello Kevin,
Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We pride ourselves with having the best customer support team in the industry and it's great to hear you would recommend Five9 to your friends. Please let us know if you ever have any questions - we're here to help you succeed.

Replied 11/09/2018
Kimberly
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

I really enjoyed the simplicity of use. I think once the bugs are worked out it will be a fantastic software.

Pros

The concept that you get the calls automatically and it keeps track of every call and time on the calls.

Cons

even if I was receiving calls regularly the page would keep timing out and expiring. I had to keep logging out and unplugging my softphone and plugging it back in before logging back into five9 in order to keep receiving more calls.

ingrid

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Five9 for small business

I used the system daily. I feel like there were things that could have made it easier to use and therefore faster. Though the quality of the call was good. For the customer, the most important thing is that it is not crackly, not difficult to hear you. So in some ways that is the most important thing when looking for a good program.

Pros

the quality of the call was always good, never crackley

Cons

they layout was difficult to navigate sometimes

Al
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Reviewed on 14/12/2022

Great softphone to use in the office

Pros

Used this softphone as part of testing. Was great and easy to configure.

Cons

Nothing to complain about, this was a great softphone and we went with this application back in my old work.

Diendéré

Reviewed on 19/12/2022

Five9

Pros

It is easy to increase or decrease its capacity, there are rarely any problems with calls and the voice mailbox is efficient

Cons

I love using it so much it hasn't caused me any problems yet

Alioune

Reviewed on 30/12/2022

Five9

Pros

It is very user-friendly software with a very efficient and helpful support team. You can make international incoming and outgoing calls without any problem.

Cons

There are bugs that occur when performing certain actions

Kathy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Pretty pleased overall!

Pros

Reliable software for handling our incoming calls, like the fact that I can define campaigns and see where each call is coming from, like the reporting features for the most part (see one drawback below in "cons"). Connection is pretty good most of the time if using a hard-wired headset. Good customer service, very responsive and good at following up.

Cons

Don't like the fact that since we've installed Skuid we cannot get Five9 to sync records with Salesforce, which has created numerous issues with duplicate records. Was working with you all to get this situated, but the attempted fix created a massive crash in the middle of our business day and I haven't been able to revisit for fear of doing that again. Maybe we can plan to work on it with you after hours...
Also don't like the fact that the reporting reports "ready state" whether in "ready voice" or "ready VM" or "ready voice and VM." Would like to have a separate reporting for "ready VM," which is a state we would not like to pay our agents for b/c it does not result in live answers, and "ready voice" or "ready voice + VM," which are states we do want to pay our agents for b/c the calls are answered live when those are the choices (unless all agents busy, of course).

Response from Kristin

Kathy, thanks for writing your review. I have reached out to your account manager who will reach out to you shortly. Please do let us know if you have any questions about Five9 features or reports; we’re here to help.

Replied 19/12/2017

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

Unbiased Review

They provide business solutions on a reasonable price. Their customer service is amazing. I haven't had any issues with how their tech or customer support team handle any issues we bring up. They are very personable. I just hope they launch web app for supervisor view that's included in the premium.

Pros

It's easy to use and accessible as long as internet is available. Supervisor views are customizable to fit preference and requirements. Agent applet/softphone app is very user-friendly. It is not intimidating because it looks simple yet professional.

Cons

Reporting is a pain. It does not show the numbers that will make sense in a BPO setting. Java based application for Supervisor is also excruciating especially if Java version in the PC is not compatible. Good thing agent applet has web-based option now.

Response from Five9

Hi, thank you for sharing your review. We pride ourselves with our excellent customer service team and it's great to hear your experience has been amazing. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager should you have any questions about our reporting or any other features. We're here to help.

Replied 24/08/2018
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Reviewed on 20/04/2017

Powerful and Customizable

Before we started using Five9, we used another well-known phone system. Our company grew and with it grew the challenges of effectively managing inbound calls, as well as tracking call outcomes. Five9 took our call center to another level. It's not the cheapest system, but there's a reason for that. It really helps you understand what's going on in your call center; and, as a result, become better at managing your call flow.

Pros

Five9 will help you monitor calls and track your call volume. If you're a call center, this system will help you receive calls more efficiently, track the outcome of calls, and improve your call center's performance. It has excellent reporting features and it's customizable to meet your company's specific needs.

Cons

You need to know a little about the system before you can go in and change settings. It's not as intuitive as some of the other basic systems, but then, it's not a basic phone system. Five9 does not offer voicemail extensions. That's not what it's designed for. I do wish that we could get our phone extensions from them.

Skyler
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 11/04/2019

Their Name Holds True - Up 99.999% of the Time

Five9 helped my department (and the company) manage several thousand calls per month with ease. It really is a great program and the customer service is on point.

Pros

I used Five9 in one of my previous roles for 3+ years. In those 3 yrs of use Five9 only went down three, maybe four times and only for a short time at that.
The software was easy to use and can do quite a bit. The only reason I do not use Five9 now is because the company I work for now is too deeply entrenched in another VOIP service.

Five9 very seemlessly integrates with Salesforce and other CRMs.
Reporting is also another thing Five9 does very well. The custom reporting options is almost overwhelming but with a little practice and guidance you can really zero in on the metrics you want.

Cons

At the time, the non CRM user interface was a little dated but easy to use and reliable.

Tarell

Reviewed on 20/06/2022

Great Customer Interaction Software

My overall experience with nice has been great I think there should be some updates done

Pros

What I like most is that integration to speak to customer and third party seller on a given interaction.

Cons

I feel like your software is missing a performance report.
We notice there was an issue with audio on majority of our interactions.

Cecelia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Reviewed on 15/12/2017

Five9 was easy to use when calling delinquent homeowners. Setting up call campaigns and...

Able to make multiple call passes on the campaign.

Pros

Able to set up different call campaign to your needs on your delinquent customer. You can call the more delinquent customer first, do a no call campaign and set up the dialer to call the homeowner how every many times you need to. The dialer will remove disconnected call so that you not calling them over and over again during the campaign. The reports were very helpful when trying to see what or how many call were made by the employees.

Cons

It was hard to understand some of the employees at the helpdesk. You were not able to know how many passes you made on a call. The reporting was complicated on this information.

Response from Five9

Hello Cecelia,
Thanks for posting your review on how Five9 helped you execute your campaign more effectively. If you ever have any questions about our reporting features, please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager.

Replied 18/12/2017
Sven

Reviewed on 04/04/2018

By far the best Saleforce dialer but very complex to set up. Lacks basic process out of the...

Pros

The only automated dialer app for outbound calls I have found that actually works with Salesforce. Fast and reliable, handles prioritization of lead pipe in near realtime, flexible in setting up campaigns and rules. Inbound is also powerful, and blending in/outbound works like a charm. Once I got it working it is by far the best Salesforce dialer (I have tried all the big ones!).

Cons

Thousands of settings in various places so very difficult to setup. Lacks basic sales process in the out of the box setup (eg no scheduling of callbacks) so took months of experimenting with Salesforce workflows etc to build a working sales process. Had big problems before we finally got it right, and the sales team initially hated it because of all the problems.
Inbound is soooo complex that I do not even dare to touch the flow setup myself.

Diana

Reviewed on 26/04/2018

Easy to learn and use

Pros

I have used this at 3 separate companies and there isn't a complicated learning curve and their help section is very detailed with extensive training modules that you can reference easily.

Cons

The one thing that I'm not thrilled with is the `Supervisor area. It's cumbersome to try and sort the view and it would be nice if there was a find feature so I can locate an agent without resorting everything by name and then re-clicking a dozen times to put everything back.

Response from Five9

Hi Diana, Thank you for your great review. We're excited to hear that Five9 is working so well for Venmo. Please don't hesitate to reach out to your account manager if you ever have any questions about our features or functionality.

Replied 02/05/2018
Matt
  • Industry: Utilities

Reviewed on 24/01/2019

Five9 - A suite of tools to manage your call center

Very happy with Five9. It's allowed us to scale our internal call center

Pros

Not only does the Five9 platform have great VOIP features, it also has a great set of manager tools to monitor and audit calls. The call center can run smoothly with its wide variety of utilities.

Cons

The manager application is still a java app. Its 2019, everything should be web-based.

Response from Five9

Hi Matt, Thank you for taking the time to leave this great review. It's great to hear that Five9 has helped scale your contact center and that our supervisor features are helping you track your performance. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Replied 25/01/2019
Scarleth

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

A great communication tool and easy to use

Pros

I work at a call center and using Five9 has been a great experience as per we don't have to dial, it helps us saving time and generating more calls. It has an excellent reporting features that meet company's requirements.

Cons

The Five9 is very complex so people who are not used to work with this kind of program will have to be trained...but once you get familiar with it won't complain at all; it's worth it!

Response from Five9

Hello Scarleth, thanks for taking the time to write this excellent review. We are excited to hear that our dialer is helping your call center be more efficient. Please let us know if we can ever be of service.

Replied 14/05/2018
Steve
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 2+ years

Reviewed on 08/05/2019

Very happy with Five9

In general, very happy. For a cloud based provider, I'm not sure anything else out there would do a better job of meeting our needs.

Pros

As a contact center, we rely on Five9 to connect us with our customers. We appreciate the up-time, call quality and the overall flexibility of the system.

Cons

When the occasional outage occurs (not very often), it would be nice to have answers more quickly. I'm not sure there is much Five9 could really do about this. Since they support customers remotely and they have a large base, it's never going to be perfect. Generally they do a very solid job, sometimes it's just slower than you'd like it to be.
The only other thing I'd note, is that we frequently have to pose our own solutions to our business needs. Five9 can generally support some sort of a solution for any business need we have, however sometimes we have to be creative and come up with our own solutions within their tools.

Katrina

Reviewed on 05/10/2021

Great software, incredible support

Pros

Easy to use, customer support and tech support is incredible!

Cons

Reporting isn't very easy to figure out, without having to get Five9 support.

Cisco AnyConnect
Debbie

Reviewed on 02/10/2017

Overall Five9 has been a good phone applet for us

Overall you guy do a great job

Pros

For the most part Five9 works pretty well. What I like most about Five9 is that its integrated with SalesForce so we only have to put our notes in 1 time.

Cons

Occasionally your servers go down so we are down so If that happens we end up being dead in the water, fortunately that doesn't happen alot

Response from Kristin

Debbie, We're glad to hear that our SalesForce integration is helping you eliminate redundant tasks and makes your team more efficient. Thanks for posting this review and please let us know if you ever have any questions.

Replied 04/10/2017
andy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Reviewed on 16/07/2019

Five9 offers a robust solution for inbound and outbound ACD

Pros

Their solution has a very robust set of features to handle both inbound and outbound ACD needs. Salesforce integration as well as API integrations. They also have good deep reporting.

Cons

Their outbound dialing offering is more mature than their inbound calling solution. Although we can do plenty of great things on inbound calls there are times where it takes a lot more work to do things that are easily done on other platforms.

Max
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 12/02/2021

Five9 will give your team a High Five

Overall five9 is one of the leaders in the space and my experience with it has been great

Pros

This cloud contact center has the best dialing features for sales teams, so if you are looking to make more sales with your team and in search of a CCaaS platform for this a good one!

Cons

The only issue I have with five9 is the admin is not the easiest to manage, and I don't like that it is not web-based it requires java to run.