Nextiva Contact Center Reviews

About Nextiva Contact Center

Create more powerful customer experiences while reducing cost and complexity so you can grow your customer relationships, empower your agents, and delight your customers. Serve customers where they are and when they want with...

Browse Nextiva Contact Center Reviews

Keith
Keith

Reviewed on 12/01/2018

Fan-friggen-tastic!!

Increased visibility or work requests, improved efficiency, etc.

Pros

Top quality product. A++ Very easy to use user portals and back-end admin software. Doesn't require you to be a communications expert or engineer to figure it out. AND, whatever you can't figure out, their amazing Enterprise Support staff can...and they do so rather quickly. They are truly amazing.

A++ customer service, very knowledgeable ' available support staff. Our Account Rep is extremely professional, friendly, attentive and responsive. When switching from 8x8 to Nextiva, we did some pretty extensive software and service comparison testing against much larger companies that supposedly offer "high tech solutions", and "superior service" and Nextiva has come out on top each and every time. I seriously love this company and their products.

Alberto
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organization Management

Connected Conversations Done Right

In short, Nextiva services facilitate less disruptive communication among team members. This has definitely contributed significantly to our organization's growth and is essential to the success of any expanding enterprise. Despite the aforementioned concerns, I feel Nextiva is a very professional and dependable connected communications organization, and I'm grateful that, during the years I've worked with them, I've been able to rely so heavily on their services and support team.

Pros

I have had the pleasure of working with Nextiva's Support Team, who are the most responsive, understanding, and patient group of all the third parties our company interacts with. When I contact their Support Team for assistance, my problems seem to always be fixed on the first attempt; they are always experienced, knowledgeable, and accommodating.

Cons

While their Nextiva / NextOS Voice portal is certainly not the worst administrative interface I've worked in, I do find their Nextiva / NextOS Voice portal is a little confusing when it comes to trying to figure out where a phone number or extension is hidden. You have to manually search through each section, jump between the "auto attendant," "call groups," "call center locations," and "users," and it takes more time than it should.

• Industry: Management Consulting
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 22/08/2018

Do Not Do Business With This Terrible Company

It is with much disappointment and regret that I write today regarding my recent experience with Nextiva and its employees. It was, without a doubt, one of the most personally frustrating and financially damaging experiences I have had to experience in my years of communications with a service provider of any kind.
I am a business owner who depends greatly upon the ability and ease for my customers to contact me for products or services. Without the communication of both our established and also potential clients, I wouldn’t be in business to this day. I find it most imperative that in order to keep my clients, I must carry my business in a way that is integrous and honest, and it was to my ultimate disappointment that Nextiva’s employees did not share the same values.
As my business grew, I found myself in need of a phone service that offered more than my mobile service provider did, so I began looking for internet phone providers that could accommodate my needs. It was in March of 2018 that I committed to finding a resolution to the need, and also when I initially contacted Nextiva for service. My business and its employees rely solely on communication by mobile devices, and it was our understanding upon several conversations with Nextiva’s sales department that Nextiva would allow me to continue to use my mobile device while utilizing their features for my business (IE Call Forwarding, Call Transfer, Conference Calling, etc). Through multiple conversations with Nextiva Sales and even Nextiva Management, I made it very clear that I used a Straight Talk mobile device powered by Straight Talk wireless service, and I was assured that Nextiva’s service and features would work perfectly well on my device, and that there would be absolutely no issues porting, but rather a reliable and smooth transition and zero loss of connection at any time. After many issues, failed port-in attempts, and multiple service disconnections, we discovered that Nextiva does not work with a Straight Talk mobile device. This distressing sequence of events resulted in a devastating loss of profit for my business while we experienced multiple shut downs of our only business line of communication. In fact, we believe to be the first customer of theirs to attempt use of their service with a Straight Talk device, as it became clear that they were not even aware that the type of device would not work with their service, further proving that they had not ever tested using this type of device. It is unfortunate that Nextiva advertises that their service will “work with any provider on any device” as it is blatantly untrue and false advertisement.
It took two separate instances of “mobile phone disconnections” and troubleshooting with Nextiva’s technical support team to conclude the prior stated. Not only did Nextiva’s service require that we go through three port-in attempts, but our mobile services (and therefore business calls) were disconnected twice over several hours before Nextiva’s team could conclude the reason why. After several days and hours on the phone spent with Nextiva’s team and realizing that their service would not work for our needs, the porting team then ported-out our main business line without our authorization or knowledge. In fact, we didn’t have any idea that Nextiva’s porting department ported out our number for nearly an entire week and were not able to retrieve the number for 8 days after it was brought to our attention that it was ported out unauthorized – we only found out because we received an email from a customer asking for a “working phone number” that they could reach us at. You can imagine the kind of frustration this caused on our end to realize that the reason we weren’t receiving business was because of something Nextiva’s employees took upon themselves to do without our authorization, let alone our knowledge. Upon requesting that our service be cancelled prior to the unauthorized port out, it was made clear to more than one person that we could not port out our number until we had a new service provider to port out to. Support team members of Nextiva supposedly understood this by promising not to shut our service off until we found a new service provider, yet ported the number out anyway, leaving us to chase it down on our personal time outside of Nextiva in an effort to regain control of it.
This year our profit margin had been slowly rising higher until we had no phone or open line of communication with our customers. During the month that we spent attempting use of Nextiva’s service unsuccessfully with our multiple port in attempts and disconnects, our profit margin dropped 96%. I can’t begin to place a value on the amount of business that I have lost by not having an open business line for my customers to reach me at. I have hundreds of loyal clients of over 6 years that were unable to reach me (and at this point may believe I’m no longer in business), several sales that I was in the middle of that I was never able to complete, and several websites and advertising avenues with business line listed, that appeared fraudulent to (who knows how many) potential clients searching for services from my business as well. It is unknown if I’ll be able to recoup all of them back, and unfortunately, there is no way that I’ll ever know.
I can state for certain that I did not receive business phone calls for anywhere between 1-2 weeks combined due to the incompetency and many mistakes of Nextiva’s employees that we experienced during our attempts to use their service. We were billed for two months of service that we did not use and spent hours of both our personal and our business time in attempts to resolve any and all issues with their team, ultimately, to no avail. It was discussed with both Nextiva’s porting department as well as their retention team the multiple issues that contributed to our needing to cancel, and we were assured that because we were unable to use their service as expected, that we would be refunded the full amount of our costs. We signed up for a 30-day trial (or money back guarantee) but because of the multiple failed ports, we missed our window to cancel (to no fault of our own). Not only were we assured that our payments would be refunded due to our extensive issues, but we were then lied to on the phone during our final disconnect of service by an employee whop stated that Nextiva would never have promised us a refund, and that we should not expect one.
I am a business owner that is undoubtedly frustrated and beyond upset over the financial damages and los that we experienced during our time attempting use of Nextiva’s services. I wouldn’t recommend that anyone spend a moment of their time speaking to their team. It was most devastating to learn that I couldn’t trust the words coming out of their mouths at any given time, as they have mastered the art of saying exactly what it is that their consumer wants to hear. Perhaps this may be a service that works better for landline users (though that is stated with only the utmost assumption), but if that is the only case, then Nextiva needs to stop selling their service as a solution for mobile phone users as well.

Pros

Nothing. This product was absolutely horrible - but the customer service was even worse. Customer Service and Tech Support know very little about what they are selling. See full review below.

Cons

customer service, technical support, customer relations. All of their team does not work together and none of them know what they're talking about. Their service states that it will work with ANY DEVICE, and it is NOT TRUE.

Top Nextiva Contact Center Alternatives

RingCentral MVP

Vonage Business Communications

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 20/02/2024

Woth the Investment

Due mostly to pricing, Nextiva wasn’t our first choice. However, after dismal results with cheaper companies we made the switch to Nextiva. It was well worth the investment. Call routing was greatly improved, which translated to a better customer experience. Queue management is easily done, which improved productivity. I should note that even though we are a small company, we use the Enterprise level software. It is a higher ticket expense but when you factor in the gains, it is well worth it. Support has generally been amazing (all companies have their busy days). I recommend Nextiva to all my business contacts.

Pros

The thing I like most about Nextiva is the flexibility of the settings. Many VOIP systems require support contacts to make changes in the system which can be delayed by hours, days or weeks. The Nextiva software lets you make those changes on the fly in real time. Adjust time schedules, holidays, add/remove operators, reroute calls, etc. It can all be done quickly and efficiently.

Cons

The pricing is a bit high and the reporting features are lacking.

roger
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Reviewed on 05/02/2024

A good alternative to standard phone service

When we started our needs were simple and though they are not great ( small non profit) we were able to add features

Pros

Ability to set up voice mail forwarding and recordings

Cons

Learning the system in the beginning, but great support staff

Dalila
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 30/01/2024

Loyal user for over a decade

Overall, I will continue to use Nextiva due to the easy user interface and clear call quality.

Pros

The Nextive Call Center has an easy to use interface. Any person of any tech savvy level would be able to use the Nextiva software easily.

Cons

There are times when the call-pop does not function properly and I end up with a missed call notification.

Kristin
  • Industry: Legal Services

Reviewed on 26/01/2024

Great Option for any Business!

Great customer service and easy to use system!

Pros

Allows us to not miss communication opportunities when we are on the other line or in a meeting.

Cons

There is nothing I can think of that is currently a con with this service. It is a great option!

Fiona
  • Used Monthly for 2+ years

Reviewed on 30/06/2020

Excellent Customer Service but Crazy Contract

Excellent customer service for the most part but the manager who replied to my emails once did not reply back or call me back and I had to call at least 3x to get this matter of our cancellation resolved. I would like to commend [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] though as he went above and beyond.

Pros

Excellent customer service and you may reach someone easily. I especially appreciate [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] help today closing our account.

Cons

My Assistant set this up in 2018 and we fulfilled a 2-year plus contract then was charged a significant cancellation fee because we switch and I did not know contracts automatically renewed. That was really a bummer given that my store was closed for 3 months and lived on grants and loans but I do not know what they're going through so maybe they needed these fees for survival as well. They were reasonable enough to cut it into half. So I did not use the phone much but I did not like that the contract automatically renewed and was subject to a hefty cancellation fee.

Efficient and Insightful: My Nextiva Experience

Pros

Advanced call routing significantly improves customer interaction management.
In-depth analytics provide valuable insights for strategic decision-making.
Excellent CRM integration streamlines communication processes.

Cons

The interface can be complex for new users.
Mobile app lacks some desktop functionalities.
Customization options for call flows and IVR could be more flexible.

Adriahnna
Adriahnna

Reviewed on 03/04/2018

Makes listening to voicemails easy

Pros

What is convenient about this software is that you are able to check voicemails and dial directly from the desktop app.

Cons

Numbers saved in the address book on desktop do not automatically transfer to the Polycom phone making it somewhat useless.

Sergio
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 05/12/2018

Cutting edge technology is here!

We’re seeing double digit growth on last year’s numbers. Without sounding too over the top, this system is pretty amazing. It’s definitely helping us manage our team and understand the importance of key metrics and driving positive behaviors. The dashboards are great training tools and managing a large team we have to be on top of everything or it can get out of control fast. 2019 will be a record breaking year if we keep going the way we are. It’s exciting times and it’s great to know we have a system that’s actually helping us achieve our goals.

Pros

We were so happy when we found Nextiva. They offer a service and products that really solve our key problems. We struggle with keeping our team on task and motivated, it’s a communication thing. We need to be able to put the goals and tasks up and track everyone towards the company targets. It’s hard with a large team and lots of different personalities and levels of experience. With our new Analytics platform, we can share how things are tracking and it’s keeping the team really focused and on task. We love it and the results are pretty amazing too.

Cons

We had to do a lot of work to determine which were the correct metrics to drive the right behaviors. We were warned it’s easy to just say one thing is “the goal” but then people don’t always behave well. You have to achieve the goal the right way too, or you could hurt the brand and the business long term. With our business being second hand car sales, we already have a challenging reputation. We got there in the end but it took some time to work out how to frame the numbers to get the team working together.

Rene

Reviewed on 02/05/2018

Deceptive sales practices.

Pros

Good call quality. Didnt have any issues with the service of the phone. Did its job for a small company, but growing did not provide the same ease of use.

Cons

Outdated phones and limited features.I'm a small business owner. They put you into a contract for 2 years which is no problem other than the best companies don't need long contracts if they have a great service. That's not my issue, the sales representative never once mentioned that there is an automatic renewal for another full 2 years once the initial 2 years is done. Deceptive sales practices without a doubt, and I never would have signed up if this was the case. Great companies/services never try to lock you into contracts without your knowledge. Outdated phones, and limited options are why Nextiva does try to lock you in against your will. Plenty of no contract options, I regret ever signing up with them

William
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Customer friendly chat feature

let’s see, generally I would say we’re very pleased with the response from our customers since adding chat. The tool is easy to use and it’s getting a lot of use from high value customers. I would class it as a conversion tool as many of them do go ahead and purchase after the interaction. We will see how this impacts our sales overall in the coming months. At this stage all signs are positive.

Pros

Our customers love the new chat feature we have in place. It’s brought us a lot more customer contacts and it’s super engaging. Our CSR’s are happy to be scheduled on chat too, which is an added bonus. It’s great for service levels as they can manage more than one chat at a time too.

Cons

There are cheaper chat tools in the market but we prefer to use a higher quality service to ensure the best experience for our customers. It’s just better for everyone that way.

• Industry: Security & Investigations

Reviewed on 02/08/2018

We’re growing faster than ever

It’s been about growth and maximizing from the beginning for us. Our worst fear is that there is more we could be doing and this tool unlocks those opportunities and delivers those insights to us immediately. Then, the team can action them. It’s fast, and effective. If you need to level up this is the tool that can help.

Pros

NextOS has unlocked all of this growth potential and efficiency we didn’t know was possible with our small team. It’s amazing and with the AI and machine learning we are not doing the heavy lifting; they bring insights to us. It’s amazing.

Cons

It’s creating work for our team, action items, and not everyone likes this. It’s a game changer which means you need to be able to handle the team members that don’t like change. A change management training module would help.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 03/10/2018

Key investment for 2018

I would highly recommend considering Nextiva—both for VoIP and NextOS. They have solid systems, good support and they make it easy. They know the challenges of a business and they work to address those. They make it easy to say yes and we’re very happy we did.

Pros

this was the best decision we made all year. NextOS is a huge advantage creator for us. We’re going to smash the competition over the next 18 months as we have so much more data and insights to inform our work.

Cons

Nothing I can think say right now. The technology is amazing, the staff are helpful and knowledgeable. We’re live and the team are trained and starting to utilize the tools. It’s a dream roll out!

Donna

Reviewed on 08/06/2018

Perfect for customer centric businesses

This tool is really helping us improve our service level with our customer base. We expect to exceed our goals this year as a result, and early signs are positive.

Pros

Nextiva is the ideal system for our business as we’re working on being more and more customer centric. This tool enables us to do that really well, it’s intuitive and unlocks the capability of our team members.

Cons

There is a lot of training and onboarding involved with using this tool. It will take some time to get set up and this can create some chaos. The end result is worth it but it will need some time and attention.

Jorge
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Best VoIP service

Pros

One thing I like about Nextiva's VoIP call center is that it allows businesses to communicate with their customers in a seamless and flexible way

Cons

Honestly, I can't think about something I don't like

Mario

Reviewed on 05/11/2018

A Data Analyst’s Dream

Love the new system. It’s making my job a lot easier which means I can support the team better. I can deliver more reporting and this in turn makes decisions happen faster. It’s worthwhile looking at if you use a lot of data and have resources allocated to this effort.

Pros

Nextiva’s Analytics Platform is amazing. It’s intuitively designed and gives you real time analysis and insights. It does a lot of the leg work an analyst would usually need to do and allows them time to focus on the bigger picture.

Cons

It’s not complex at all to even set up for a large complicated organizations. You should give it a try and see how good it
really is.

Reviewed on 15/01/2018

Best Customer Service by Far`

Pros

We had an issue with our service and had to call Nextiva. We spoke with a gentlemen from support. He answered all of our questions, and was able to figure out why our issue continue to happen on a weekly basis. He gave us some suggestions on how to improve our service that we didn'#191;t believe were possible. Talk about great service, he stood on the phone with us for two whole hours.

Maria

Reviewed on 18/03/2018

Helps measure success rates a lot more efficiently

Pros

You can track your agents sign in and out and also add unavailable codes to see what is taking them away from them desk. This also allows you to see your staffing needs as well as what your clients are looking for.

Cons

The set up was very difficult, even with an implementation manager. To make changes to the system you have to login to multiple places and making adjustments is quite cumbersome

Corey

Reviewed on 08/06/2017

An incredible leap

The sales process and especially the executive sponsorship and routine "check-ins" show what a class act this organization is and how much they care about giving the needle for a new client. They truly want and earn raving fans.

Pros

Most sales folks like me feel like phone systems are really all the same...pick up the phone and dial...no big deal. However, when we installed Nextiva my perception of what a phone system really can do has certainly changed. Nextiva's tech support, the interface, call monitoring capabilities all exceeded my vision of what a system should deliver.

Curtis
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Reviewed on 22/05/2019

Horrible Customer Sevice

Pros

Nothing. Phones cut out, they dont help with anything.

Cons

Everything. Customer for over 5 years at 300+ per month and they treat us very poorly. We will be looking for new provider asap/

AA
  • Industry: Human Resources

Reviewed on 10/05/2018

I use Nextiva daily and absolutely love it.

Ease of communication was my favorite. It almost reminded me of AOL instant messenger when I was younger. Love it!

Pros

I love the chat software and how I am able to communicate with my coworkers in other parts of the building.

Cons

I can't say that there is anything I don't like about this program. I have found it to be an excellent tool to use in my role as a receptionist.

Diego

Reviewed on 07/11/2017

I'm a single user, have only used it a short time, but it's very practical.

I've only had this product a short time and I like that it offers 3 numbers for one price... the fact that I can conference with my team in a group chat and share my screen is a really great feature. I have not checked to see if it integrates with my CRM... I'm hoping it does.

Pros

I like that I can have it ring my mobile device if it's unable to be answered from my default location. I like that I can have the calls forwarded right-away too. I have not used the "transfer call" feature, but I like that also. I like that it offers "business hours" of operation to be on or off... have not figured that one out yet.

Cons

It's a bit "busy" when it comes to call routing... not as easy as it appears on the videos. I am an avid BlackBerry user, have been for several years. I don't like that fact that there isn't a web-based app made for devices that aren't iOS or Android.

Jeanna

Reviewed on 11/03/2017

High Quality Service

Nextiva has been great for us. The service has everything you need and for a good price. The set-up process was relatively simple and the customer service has been great. We joined Nextiva in June 2016 and have not had any problems with them since then. I called in the other day to make a couple of changes to our customized platform. The support technician was really nice, made the changes, and walked me through how I could make changes on my own. The instructions were quite simple and although he did a great job at explaining exactly what to do, the system itself is very user friendly and is not hard to understand how it works. This is great for someone like me who tends to get intimidated by this stuff. So thanks Nextiva!

Pros

The price is great. The customer service is awesome. And the system is super user friendly so honestly anyone can use it.

Cons

Nothing at the moment. Hopefully it stays that way!