About ChannelAdvisor

ChannelAdvisor (NYSE: ECOM) is a leading e-commerce cloud platform whose mission is to connect and optimize the world’s commerce. For two decades, ChannelAdvisor has helped brands and retailers worldwide improve their online...

Browse ChannelAdvisor Reviews

Bill U.

Reviewed on 24/08/2021

Think twice before using ChannelAdvisor

Once you get through the onboarding and support issues the software runs great. The cost starts to drain you after a few months, and you start to question yourself for getting into a 2-year contract. When my contact finally ended, I was paying over $2K a month. When my contract was up, they really didn't want to renegotiate. They just wanted to sign me up for another two years. It seems like the business model is to sign you up for two years and get as much out of you as they can with onboarding cost, monthly fees, and 2-3% of your revenue. ChennalAdvisor is a public company and to continue to show strong margins they just as well have you leave and bring on another newbie.

Pros

There is no doubt that ChannelAdvisor has some of the best software on the market which makes it very tempting. The software has a ton of functionality (Most you'll never use). It supports a lot of marketplaces and the mapping for those marketplaces is great. Built in Auto Pricer and a lot of other features.

Cons

Cost!!! Contracts!!! No Support!!!
No phone support.
Waiting days for email support.
No help with onboarding unless you pay thousands
They lock you in with a Long Contract I really don’t feel comfortable with and can't get out of.
Crazy High monthly fees.
When your revenue gets to a predetermined amount, they start to take a percentage of revenue on top of the monthly fees.
The software is really complicated and most of the time it requires some level of support that's nonexistent. You may have to wait days to get a question answered and most of the time they will just send you to a help page link.

Josh S.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

The only marketplace listing management tool I'd recommend

I have used ChannelAdvisor for years, and have had very few negative experiences. The support staff are generally very quick to respond, and helpful in resolving support cases. There are various ways the platform enables users to solve problems on their own; such as creating a customized FTP feeds and scheduling automated tasks. I've used two of the competitor's platforms, and neither come close to the flexibility and intuitive use of ChannelAdvisor.

Pros

The product listing templates are very versatile. You can create unique rules to manage all products, a group of products, or even a single product. This allows us to easily manage many different types of product's data, and configure exactly the way we want.

Cons

When your product catalog is small, ChannelAdvisor's inventory management tools run very quickly. When your catalog is hundreds of thousands of products, the response times can be painfully slow in some situations.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Josh,
Thank you for this valuable feedback. We're glad to hear that you found a solution with ChannelAdvisor that allowed your business to excel. We know you have a choice, and we want you to know we appreciate the chance to work with you.

Klaas D.

Reviewed on 14/03/2018

Excellent tool and excellent support team

Pros

Very easy to use tool to keep control of your companies online presence: like your product pricing, inventory at the different retailers, rating and product picture and description. If does that worldwide with well over 1500 online retailers and can do that for your competitors product.

Response from BlueBoard

Hello Klaas, thank you for your review and your appreciation! We do strive to bring the most efficient support. And we're glad to announce that since you posted that review we have reached 2000 online retailers!

Replied 03/08/2018

Top ChannelAdvisor Alternatives

Reviewed on 14/12/2017

ChannelAdvisor is the BOMB

Pros

Ease of use is great. Upload/Download of inventory is easy. I haven't had a hard time figuring hardly anything out. With a couple of exceptions.

Cons

Helpdesk isn't super helpful. But other than that. I don't have any cons about this software. It's pretty straight forward.

Derek G.

Reviewed on 20/12/2018

Moshe D.

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Powerful software but Expensive and hard to learn

The software is built with a long term vision but they should make it more affordable by offering it at a lower price to more customers. They also need to provide more guidance in the best way to implement the software

Pros

Very customizable, has a beautiful interface, and is built with powerful features including rules, look up lists, limitless product attributes, data mapping, and more. Also has great features for each marketplace, including Amazon Advertising with automatic bidding and rules, repricing, a price gird which shows your price and competitors offer and your sales history which is great for monitoring your competitors in one dashboard

Cons

TONS of setup work. I spent almost a year setting up all the different features and rules for my business. Zero guidance is provided on best way to setup your system. support is slow, sometimes taking 3 days to respond to a ticket. help pages are not detailed. product is way more expensive then cheaper alternatives such as Ecomdash.
They dont have an easy way to integrate with quickbooks or other accounting software, SellerCloud does.

Sellbrite, Sellercloud, Skubana and ecomdash

Reasons for Switching to ChannelAdvisor

They have the longest track record as an enterprise level software and only they will create products in Amazon from scratch (the others will only match to existing detail pages)

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Moshe,

Replied 25/09/2019

Reviewed on 19/09/2018

ChannelAdvisor Enterprise

Very short period of time due to cost.

Pros

Loved all the abilities channel advisor gives on multiple channel functionality. Frees up time for me to do more.

Cons

The cost is incredibly high, kept trying to get it lower and was told that they couldn't/wouldn't. Can get the same service for cheaper with other companies.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you were able to sell on multiple channels and save time. We hope you will consider ChannelAdvisor in the future for your business needs.

Replied 25/09/2018
Ankit G.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 12/09/2020

Great tool to automate processes

The application offers a lot of functionalities and offer features to automate various processes. We have about 1M+ listings across multiple channels, and no issues in terms of handling the load.

Pros

The portal is user friendly and have a lot of functionalities that can definitely save time and money. Shared inventory across the multiple channels comes really handy, find articles within documentation is super easy, support is knowledgeable in most cases.

Cons

The auto detection of categories on the third party channels needs a lot improvements. The category and subcategory valid values information provided lack details or not there.
Also the lack of video tutorials.

Yolanda W.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 20/09/2019

Make my life easier

Overall very good. I got all supports I need when problems arise. Will appreciate if more training/webinars can be provided for advanced features.

Pros

Channel Advisor is our most important tool for online business. Easy to use, lots of functions and features, customized reports that help me analyze our business.

Cons

There are some data I need but not downloadable - such as ebay Deals & Promotions sales details.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Yolanda,

Replied 25/09/2019
Brayden S.

Reviewed on 09/05/2017

Excellent Multi Channel Management Tool

Pros

We currently use Channel Advisor to manage about 5,000 skus across eBay, Amazon, TradeMe, and Mercado Libre accounts. CA saves us tons of time and I'm not quite sure what we'd do without it. My favorite feature of ChannelAdvisor is definitely the Amazon Repricer tool, which allows you to stay competitive on Amazon based on pre set parameters! Keep in mind CA would not not be the ideal tool for small companies or startups.

Cons

We did have issues with the Shopify API to the point where we decided to move to a different platform for Shopify. This was is mid 2016 however, and things may be better now.

Carolyn L.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Reviewed on 25/03/2020

SUPER USEFUL TOOL!

I tasked with watching not only the gray market but unauthorized sellers and MAP compliance on our authorized seller. Blueboard helps me with all of these tasks.

Pros

I have found the information to be invaluable for our business. There are so many features that assist me in my job on a daily basis. I wouldn't want to go without Blueboard.

Cons

I don't have anything with Blueboard that I have been unsatisfied with.

Response from BlueBoard.io

Thank you for the awesome review, Carolyn! We strive to meet expectations like yours, and we're happy to hear we hit the mark for you. We are here for you anytime.

Replied 26/03/2020
Joe M.

Reviewed on 25/09/2019

Great tools if you can figure out how to use them

Pros

Makes it easy to deploy products across multiple sales channels.

Cons

Customer service is not very helpful with regards to launching new channels.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Joe,

Gavin G.

Reviewed on 18/04/2018

Streamlined

Pros

Ease of use, makes listing items up to marketplaces much easier and can be done in batch instead of manually

Cons

Price is what I like the least about this software. You get alot for the money but it is still expensive for a software.

Kevin E.

Good Value for Driving Cooperative Commerce

CA has a good team of support specialists that have allowed us to optimize and expand our current use. We are looking to expand further internationally as well.

Pros

Easy to review listing and coverage. Provides a good service team to support requests.

Cons

Although they have recently added basket level measuring, the brand sell through is not as high as what we see in other affiliate programs. Hopefully it will improve.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Kevin,

Reviewed on 27/11/2018

What you need to know!

I first started using ChannelAdvisor because i was told that it would seamlessly let me keep selling my products on four or more platforms. While it may have been doable, it definitely won't be seamless.

Pros

The concept behind this software is amazing. Living in a consumer world, many people want to sell their products on multiple channels

Cons

Connecting API feeds was a nightmare with ChannelAdvisor. This could be both the fault of ChannelAdvisor and the platform, but it made it a night mare for use. We were a growing company and continually wanted to expand to new platforms to sell, while Channel Advisor helped us create one listing and having them in all places, it was too much heartache to handle setting it up.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Thank you for this valuable feedback and for choosing ChannelAdvisor to help sell your products on multiple marketplaces. We work hard to provide a high-quality customer experience.
We want to encourage you to contact us at [email protected] so we can follow up. We know you have a choice and we appreciate your interest in ChannelAdvisor.

Replied 11/12/2018
Keith G.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Used for 1+ year

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Potential Fraud

Sales team has little experience. Do not recommend for anyone.

Pros

Zero. The team has taken our money and not helped at all.

Cons

The sales team sells this software as a quick connection to many brands. However, they have a very limited number of brands and their list often indicates brands they want on the platform but don't actually sell. The product costs a lot of money and there is absolutely no value.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Keith,
We're sorry to hear that you were not happy with your ChannelAdvisor experience. As part of our Access Services, we require all our Access ChannelAdvisor partners to undergo an integration launch process; our records show that CoEdition opted to complete this process late in its contract term and not to use our marketing services once the integration was complete and the site was ready for launch. We wish you luck and we hope that you will consider us for your future business needs.

Replied 04/12/2019
  • Industry: Music
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 28/10/2018

Not Convinced

Pros

We worked with ChannelAdvisor to try and further optimise our Google Adwords (Shopping specifically). It's a nice piece of software that does work in optimising your digital marketing efforts, just at a cost...

Cons

The costs in using the software are astronomical and just didn't work for us as an SME. I can only imagine the features be rewarding for bigger enterprises, but totally uneconomical for us unfortunately.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Thank you for this valuable feedback. We¿re glad to hear that with ChannelAdvisor you found a solution that allowed your business to excel with Google. We work hard to provide a pricing model for all of our customers while maintaining the highest level of service. We agree with you, sustaining an e-commerce business can be a challenge for an SME or a large company, which is why we love working with all of our customers to help them find the right fit for their goals. We know you have a choice and we want you to know we appreciate the chance to work with you.

Replied 01/11/2018
David H.
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 30/03/2018

Extremely overpriced, Slow Workflow, Sales Team never stops spamming/harassing you years later.

Pros

Channel Advisor is one of the largest companies out there that provides sync services and marketing services for all the marketplaces out there. They integrate with a ton of marketplaces and other third party services.

Training staff was excellent and they were very kind and easy to work with.

Cons

Even after we left we have continually been harassed by their sales team for almost a decade. We asked to be removed from their call lists at least 3 times, but they still persist and call and spam email all the time. It really gets old.

Their sales professional will say anything to get you to sign up.

The want you to sign big contracts for big dollars

Once we realized that their software did not offer the workflow and features we needed, we had to fight hard to get some of our money back.

It's really apparent they care about the number of subscribers for their investors more than anything.

There are so many other products at a tenth of cost that do everything you need.

Rachel M.

Reviewed on 26/03/2019

Sasha X.

Reviewed on 22/03/2019

Kristyn M.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics

Reviewed on 23/08/2018

BlueBoard = Love

Overall, I've had nothing but an awesome experience with BB, it's made my morning so much easier and more reliable and I've gotten so many new people at our company using it now, thanks to the CES visit we had from you this year. Thank you all, so much!

Pros

BlueBoard has not only changed the way I monitor MAP pricing online, but has also reinvented the way our Marketing Team can see product reviews from customers and allows our sales guys to see whether product are well stocked enough. It's amazing!

Cons

There are quite a few updates that happen, which is great, but I wish that there was a pop-up mini tutorial each time something changed to show me how to manage my page the new way. For example, I spoke with customer rep. this morning (he's the best!) and had to ask him where to find a group of filtered products I had set up because the filter aspect of BB had changed.

Response from BlueBoard.io

Hello Kristyn, thank you for your super nice comment!
We're glad we could steer your workflow towards more productivity.
We'll strive to better communicate about our frequent updates to make sure no one gets lost!

Replied 28/08/2018
Randy B.
  • Industry: Furniture

Reviewed on 19/01/2018

Good software but not the best company

All in all it is good software but not the best company to work with.

Pros

CA is probably the best solution in the marketplace for sellers wanting to offer goods on multiple marketplaces. The software is comprehensive and relatively easy to learn and use. It is also stable with few day-to-day problems.

Cons

It is also the most expensive solution out there (by far) and they require a one year contract. In addition, they are not easy to break away from when the contract expires. They continued to charge us even after our contract expired and forced us to go through our bank and credit card company to recover the extra charges. We also found them very inflexible. You pretty much have to accept it is their way or the highway.

Martin D.

Reviewed on 19/10/2020

Seems like a great product but project support is abysmal

The tool seems great and works well once properly configured. Lots of room to grow the business on to new platforms easily once properly configured, You will still need a lot of focus on the process and business logic required to create your initial feed, particularly where it comes to product pricing.

Pros

It allows us to get onboarded onto multiple market places easily with a single data feed and powerful rules engine. We can grow into solution as well.

Cons

The project and onboarding support has been dreadful. You are on your own. But that might be for the best as most of the good staff seem overworked and the rest don't seem to care. Make no effort to understand you business and ensure the tool is properly configured so you might as well just take the basic onboarding package and do it all yourself.

Response from ChannelAdvisor

Dear Martin,
Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. We've made a note of your message and shared your concerns internally. Please know, we are always looking for ways to improve our Services and our customers' experience, so we appreciate your feedback. We know sustaining an e-commerce business can be a challenge, which is why we strive to provide each customer with the best solution for their business needs. If you have additional concerns with cases you have submitted, please reach out to your Account Manager directly. On behalf of our entire team, thank you for being a ChannelAdvisor customer.

Replied 17/11/2020
Louis S.

Reviewed on 27/04/2019

Thorough Software for Complex Requirements, Future Solutions Up & Coming

Pros

You can nearly complete anything you want to within Channel Advisor, the user interface is a bit complex and likely overwhelming for new users. The ability to manipulate data to different markets through business rules and templates is incredibly useful, but requires a lot of back end mapping and fairly continuous work as marketplaces change requirements or add new attributes

Cons

After reviewing additional up and coming comparable software systems: Channel Advisor's user interface and ease-of-use is near the bottom, overall you can expect to pay 2-3x the cost of comparable solutions - if you absolutely need the ability to do utterly anything when manipulating data, sending feeds, etc you may need Channel Advisor

Yumiko I.
  • Industry: Automotive

Reviewed on 26/09/2018

Channel Advisor Review

Pros

You can manage and distribute product information including inventory to multiple market places and it will update such information for you regularly.

Cons

I do not like how you can not search and pull up multiple parts by entering more than one part numbers in a search box. For example, when I have to change the pricing on 25 products that are in different categories, I have to enter and search 25 times.